PDA

View Full Version : Do You or a Loved One Suffer from Red-Pill-Itis? There May be Help...

Curt
19th February 2012, 10:36
Red-Pill-Itis is a condition that can occur up to a year or two after taking the red pill and realising just how upside down one's worldview had been.

Two of the lasting symptoms are: an inability to trust one's own critical faculties; and an unconscious desire to cheat the process of fully awakening by finding another source of phony bliss.

In severe cases, the condition can lead to the following impairments: significant loss of critical ability over time; and a well-intentioned, though near exclusive reliance on 'what resonates' or 'feels right' unchecked by critical thought.

Secondary complications are: being hoodwinked, bamboozled, tricked and in some cases treated to fantastical theories-- some of which may very well be true.

.....But don't suffer in silence. Help is available...For more information, review the video below....

http://veilofreality.com/2013/11/04/love-reality-and-the-time-of-transition-video-2/

Sierra
19th February 2012, 12:05
That. was. the most thought provoking video I've seen in a long time.

I will be watching it again.

Thank you Curtis, I appreciated the information on so many levels.

Sierra

Curt
19th February 2012, 12:18

Sierra

I'm glad you got something out of it. Wormhole and 58&Fixed deserve the credit for finding it and bringing it to PA. They have both posted the video in other threads.

Wormhole did so a few months back, and 58&Fixed posted it as part of another thread that's currently 'live.'

I wanted to post it again for anyone who might like to see it and might have missed it the first or second time around.

Sierra
19th February 2012, 12:21

Sierra

I'm glad you got something out of it. Wormhole and 58&Fixed deserve the credit for finding it and bringing it to PA. They have both posted the video in other threads.

Wormhole did so a few months back, and 58&Fixed posted it as part of another thread that's currently 'live.'

I wanted to post it again for anyone who might like to see it and might have missed it the first or second time around.

It deserves to be passed around again. :)

dAkapacity
19th February 2012, 12:25
Thanx for the vid Curtis... Am watching it now !

Red-Pill-Itis is a condition that occurs up to a year or two after taking the red pill and realising just how upside down one's worldview had been.

I think Modwiz found a way to work with that condition (would've liked to insert his avatar here, but don't know how). Wonder if it would work as well using another angle... :twitch:

xdA.

Curt
19th February 2012, 12:29
Thanx for the vid Curtis... Am watching it now !

Red-Pill-Itis is a condition that occurs up to a year or two after taking the red pill and realising just how upside down one's worldview had been.

I think Modwiz found a way to work with that condition (would've liked to insert his avatar here, but don't know how). Wonder if it would work as well using another angle... :twitch:

xdA.

Indeed he has....Modwiz is a man of many talents... :lever:

Borden
19th February 2012, 13:15
Thank you Curtis,

Just watched the film and it was thoroughly riveting stuff (not to mention an amazing resource for powerful quotations). Definitely worth further viewings.

Borden

9eagle9
19th February 2012, 13:33
If you become aware of what is going on inside you, you become more aware of your physical environment. You REALLY begin to see it differently, and see what is occuring there.

These are neccessary steps to really see unseen or non physical environments. If you can't see the physical environment, rock solid, for what is really is, and what is going on there, how does something think they can't know unseen or non physical environments. If they can't see what the material senses are showing them. They can't. They imagine based on information they've received externally, and it becomes a belief. What is really sad is that people who are truly capable of authenticity have this false standard set out there for them.

How to learn to trust what we are seeing that is not so obvious . If you can't see inside yourself how can you see outside of yourself?

We see how much fake bliss , and on going emotional dependency threads occur JUST in this forum.And it is much more prevalent in the New Age Religions. And you gotta wonder if this is a deliberate attempt to distort what love is, making it artificial. Corrupting anything real. Love really can change the world but fake love can't. Need, co-dependency is being dispensed as love and its nothing of the sort. So if 3/4's of the world is practicing fake love how we are going to change the world? And we see the conflict between those who are practicing a more authentic form of love, than those dispnesing artificially flavored sweet syrup.

9eagle9
19th February 2012, 13:49
Oh when I woke up this morning I had this thought about prevalent spread of artifical love or co dependency. So many people have a lack of anything real in their life so they eagerly grasp on to this notion of artifical love. You see now, its turned in " You HAVE to love people". This notion that love is empowering or freedom making but.....you HAVE to love people.

WTF???

Have to?

Why? What empowerment is in "have to" . There's no choice in whom we get to love? We Have to? And basically this what these peddlers are saying, YOu HAVE to love me.

No I don't. There's nothing out there that says I HAVE to love anyone. That is my choice who I will love. More importantly, why? I want corner of these people and demand as demanding as they are, and say give me one good reason why I should love you?

and....

Make me.

And if I don't what exactly are you going to do about it? Love on demand and Love just isn't a demanding energy.

Sidney
19th February 2012, 16:36
Very thought provoking. Thank you so much for posting!!!!!

mountain_jim
19th February 2012, 18:52
This was my 'sunday matinee' viewing. Thanks for the repost, and timely for me as I saw it on a day when I had the time to watch.

Antagenet
27th February 2012, 04:51
So glad you posted this video... and someone is talking about new age narcissism. FINALLY!!!!

I particularly like this quote in the film, from Krishnamurti
" An ideal is merely an escape, an avoidance of what is, a contradiction of what is.
An ideal prevent direct action upon what is. To have peace, we will have to love,
we will have to begin not to live an ideal life but to see things as they are
and act upon them, transform them. "

Omni connexae!
27th February 2012, 05:01
Nice post.

The whole red/blue thing is symbolic of flase dilemmas on a grand scale IMO. (in so many ways e.g. left vs right, believers vs skeptics etc.)

Purple pill tastes the best, I think =P

Grab a compass and square, draw some geometric shapes, it helps balance the mind, as you need to use both your creative and logical faculties!

One of my favorite shapes to draw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqg5bPZ0HE

Gonna watch your vid now, thx

Curt
23rd December 2012, 20:55
I was thinking about this topic again in light of recent events.

Balance.

I now appreciate the purple pill Omni mentioned above, and which others, including PurpleLama often reference.

Bryston
25th December 2012, 14:55
Red-Pill-Itis is a condition that can occur up to a year or two after taking the red pill and realising just how upside down one's worldview had been.

Two of the lasting symptoms are: an inability to trust one's own critical faculties; and an unconscious desire to cheat the process of fully awakening by finding another source of phony bliss.

In severe cases, the condition can lead to the following impairments: significant loss of critical ability over time; and a well-intentioned, though near exclusive reliance on 'what resonates' or 'feels right' unchecked by critical thought.

Secondary complications are: being hoodwinked, bamboozled, tricked and in some cases treated to fantastical theories-- some of which may very well be true.

.....But don't suffer in silence. Help is available...For more information, review the video below....

Great Video, a really good nodal point for future contemplation, and understanding. Thank you

Debra
26th December 2012, 10:26
Curt, I want to see this video. Can you send a link?
Ta, nice to come across this. I have just discovered the power of purple through your comment above. Red and blue mixed together become purple. That may indeed be the alchemical balance.
Like to know more. Some interesting folk here have weighed in on this thread. I trust that this vid is still available. Yes?
Zeb x

Curt
26th December 2012, 12:05
Hi Zeebs, :)

Thanks, and yes, some interesting folk have weighed in. I don't think I fully appreciated that even a year ago.

I was just rereading 9eagle's comment.

It strikes me there's more genuine love in her words than in any dozen 'sweetness and light' posts.

Let me know if the video embedded in the Original Post isn't working. I just tried and it seemed to be, but there could be a glitch somewhere.

Curt, I want to see this video. Can you send a link?
Ta, nice to come across this. I have just discovered the power of purple through your comment above. Red and blue mixed together become purple. That may indeed be the alchemical balance.
Like to know more. Some interesting folk here have weighed in on this thread. I trust that this vid is still available. Yes?
Zeb x

Jean-Marie
26th December 2012, 14:22
Curtis, I am using an iPad and I cannot see the link in your post.

-jean-marie

Debra
26th December 2012, 14:39

-jean-marie

Oh, is that the problem?

Curt
26th December 2012, 15:23
Hi Jean-Marie, Thanks for letting me know. Here is the link for anyone who can't see the vid posted in the original post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrAgb1-UKQ8&feature=player_embedded

-jean-marie

ThePythonicCow
26th December 2012, 22:15
:wave:Here is a link for ipad users who may not be able to see the embedded video above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrAgb1-UKQ8&feature=player_embedded

I just changed the video linking in your opening post, CurtisW, to use the ... (http://projectavalon.net/images/youtube.gif) markup, instead of the
... (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/images/editor/video.png) markup. The YOUTUBE markup automatically provides the Source link.

Curt
13th November 2013, 12:58
.........Iddy Bumpage

;)