PDA

View Full Version : Threatened

Phoenix
2nd March 2012, 21:21
Being an avid fan of both the 24 and Prison Break TV series'... I've come to realize that our struggle to understand why tptw do what they do may actually be simpler than we had previously thought.

If you're familiar with these shows, you now that quite often, the most effective way a character leverages their agenda against another is to threaten to kill them or their family if they don't obey.

This simple - yet profound - tactic may be at work in many parts of the global superstructure. This may explain why most of the elected officials of the US seem to go along with what they're told to do.

I'll confess. If I was ruthless like tptw... threatening to kill a newly elected senator's family or in the case of the 700 billion dollar bailout bill, threaten martial law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbNm6hoBXc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0iwjm9Aurs) seems like the most effective way to get the job done.. Sometimes it pays to think like a criminal.

Confessions of an Economic Hitman, by John Perkins also sheds light on covert US operations in other countries using threats similar to those mentioned above.

Any thoughts, feelings? How about any solutions? I've got some ideas...

aranuk
2nd March 2012, 21:26
They obviously try to corupt with money first. Maybe not. Give us your ideas Phoenix. Don't hold onto them please.:o

Stan

TargeT
2nd March 2012, 21:26
Sounds like a huxley vr Orwel argument on methods used....
http://api.ning.com/files/jsF6FTD41kwjTVAgSdsvUcEMzOdVeHSUwi-GB4599KNXjoexMiHGU4xFyem9mNzqSYZRy6BNIsgKCzgf6UDt-xzytYrGuTLJ/XmNt6.jpg
I think that "low level players" are mostly "addicted" to the power/fame/wealth (dependant on where they are functioning) and less threatened, though I'm sure at times it comes down to that.

you are correct though, it is "that simple".

modwiz
2nd March 2012, 21:29
My wife watches TV and I make her pay the bill. It's one of the reasons we are rarely in a room together. Subsidizing the enemy while they poison your mind is not my idea of dealing with one of the more serious problems we face; Paying to be lied to, and programmed.

Guess I should leave now. :bolt:

Carmody
3rd March 2012, 02:24
Both Huxley and Orwell were right.

As for the books themselves, in grade 10 high school for me.. the book reading and report assignments were, in no particular order:

'Brave New World'

'Nineteen eighty-Four'

'The Space Merchants'

My teachers (not just the one)...... wanted us to know what the hell was going on. We spent about half the year reading these books and discussing them at length. I wish that we could have all had that kind of qualities in a high school English teacher.

I'd read them all (on my own, some 2-3 times) before those classes took place, which suprised her a bit, as I was sorta from the problematic side of the student body.

What they've done..is they have confused and dulled the senses of the masses through pleasure and too much information flow....and they threaten and sometimes kill....those who wake up. Thus the answer is both, not just the one.

sunnyrap
3rd March 2012, 03:21
I had excellent English teachers as well. I was taught what rhetoric was in the 9th grade...and have recognized it ever since. I was taught in the 11th not to believe alleged facts/concepts just because they were put into print or to accept whole cloth anything coming out of any talking head, whether on stage, screen, podium. I've noted that my son at the same ages believes almost nothing he doesn't experience himself, first hand--and especially not what teachers are trying to tell him. This is both good and bad. Trying to teach discernment is very tricky...

alxz
3rd March 2012, 06:40
Putting this out for U all! Be blessed by nature! Peace <3

LanCLS_hIo4

TargeT
3rd March 2012, 06:44
What they've done..is they have confused and dulled the senses of the masses through pleasure and too much information flow....and they threaten and sometimes kill....those who wake up. Thus the answer is both, not just the one.

I agree, I see it as "Huxley" for the obedient slaves & Orwell for everyone else.

K626
3rd March 2012, 06:50
My wife watches TV and I make her pay the bill. It's one of the reasons we are rarely in a room together. Subsidizing the enemy while they poison your mind is not my idea of dealing with one of the more serious problems we face; Paying to be lied to, and programmed.

Guess I should leave now. :bolt:

You're married, so I guess you know by now that women are never wrong? Right? ;)

Peace

K

¤=[Post Update]=¤

As for the books themselves, in grade 10 high school for me.. the book reading and report assignments were, in no particular order:

'Brave New World'

'Nineteen eighty-Four'

'The Space Merchants'

My teachers (not just the one)...... wanted us to know what the hell was going on. We spent about half the year reading these books and discussing them at length. I wish that we could have all had that kind of qualities in a high school English teacher.

I'd read them all (on my own, some 2-3 times) before those classes took place, which suprised her a bit, as I was sorta from the problematic side of the student body.

They were both, although to differing degrees part of the intelligencia.

K

Curt
3rd March 2012, 07:53
Here is the Huxley interview with Mike Wallace from 1958 in which he discusses, among other things, the dystopic vision of 'Brave New World' as compared to Orwell's version of dystopia in '1984.' He has his own view over which is more accurate and why.

Probably lots have seen this, but for those who haven't..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TQZ-2iMUR0

Phoenix
4th March 2012, 03:48
They obviously try to corupt with money first. Maybe not. Give us your ideas Phoenix. Don't hold onto them please.:o

Stan

Thanks aranuk. Well, one idea is to start a private security company or get one you know to join your team and understand the way things go at the upper echelons of power... and then somehow contact and covertly protect members of power (and their families) who may be acting out of fear for their lives and their family members lives. Sort of like, protective custody, but instead of being run by the gov, have it be privatized.

The only issue there would be for the members of power to trust said organization, for how would they know that the organization is acting on its word to protect them and their family at all costs...? if this were possible, these aforementioned members of power could go ahead and blow the whistle (maybe this could be a coordinated assault) on the horrible things they were doing, while their loved ones are protected from the threats.