PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the Ancients: Olmec Heads

The One
3rd March 2012, 21:39
Over three thousand years ago, in the fertile jungles of lowland Mexico, the first civilization in the Americas was born. Five hundred years before Rome was founded, the Olmec were building great cities with pyramids and ball courts.

Considered by most archaeologists to be the mother culture of Mexico, the roots of the later Maya and Aztec cultures lie with the Olmec.

One of the most extraordinary feats of the ancient Olmec was their monumental sculptures.The inhabitants of the site of La Venta erected huge sculptures, some of which weighed up to 40 tonnes.The most famous of these are the massive stone heads.

Believed to be portraits of their leaders, they are over two meters high and sculpted entirely without the help of metal tools.There are thousands of tonnes of stones at the site but, most extraordinarily of all, these sculptures are found in an area where there is no rock available.

The area identified as the source of the Olmec boulders lies in the Tuxtla mountains over 160 kilometers away. And between these mountains and La Venta the land is criss-crossed with massive rivers and swamps which would have made the transportation even more difficult. So how did the stones get to La Venta?

Comes in five parts enjoy

Olmec Heads Part 1

jpAdEmR2PW4

Olmec Heads Part 2

G4pm5Q4Dnp8

Olmec Heads 3/5

C9ljaOB5pkA

Olmec Heads 4/5

cRcR7ROA0yI

Olmec Heads 5/5

ETfVybIA0wY

Lefty Dave
3rd March 2012, 22:25
Thanks for the videos ...the One....

I don't believe the Olmec used the primitive methods explored here....if they could carve huge heads, build great buildings, etc...they obviously had technology to transport, erect, etc....we just don't know what it was....we've lost SO much knowledge... each time humanity gets "bumped" back by catastrophe...
we cherish diamonds...but we don't know why...same with gold... my guess is they have properties we are no longer aware of...maybe someday we can re learn...

I'd really like to know where they (OLMEC) came from...they just sort of appear...and then disappear...

Anyway, thanks again for the thread...maybe others here can add some information

MorningSong
5th March 2012, 00:21
Most of my research has led me to believe that the Olmecs were "giants" from West Africa.....

EMplftcq8fc

z2qnJtE3zeo