PDA

View Full Version : Meat....the pink slime.

Tony
10th March 2012, 10:48
This about how much they care....about their profits and your health.
The point is, it does not matter if we think 'we know' what is going on, this pink stuff and the rest of this corporate world, GETS TO THE CHILDREN!!!

OM6PAJ45t-A

Pink slime -- that ammonia-treated meat in a bright Pepto-bismol shade -- may have been rejected by fast food joints like McDonald's, Taco Bell and Burger King, but is being brought in by the tons for the nation's school lunch program.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is purchasing 7 million pounds of the "slime" for school lunches, The Daily reports. Officially termed "Lean Beef Trimmings," the product is a ground-up combination of beef scraps, cow connective tissues and other beef trimmings that are treated with ammonium hydroxide to kill pathogens like salmonella and E. coli. It's then blended into traditional meat products like ground beef and hamburger patties.

"We originally called it soylent pink," microbiologist Carl Custer, who worked at the Food Safety Inspection Service for 35 years, told The Daily. "We looked at the product and we objected to it because it used connective tissues instead of muscle. It was simply not nutritionally equivalent [to ground beef]. My main objection was that it was not meat."

Custer and microbiologist Gerald Zernstein concluded in a study that the trimmings are a "high risk product," but Zernstein tells The Daily that "scientists in D.C. were pressured to approve this stuff with minimal safety approval" under President George H.W. Bush's administration. The USDA asserts that its ground beef purchases "meet the highest standard for food safety."

Controversy surrounding "pink slime" stems from various safety concerns, particularly dangers associated with ammonium hydroxide, which can both be harmful to eat and has potential to turn into ammonium nitrate -- a common component in homemade bombs, according to MSNBC. It's also used in household cleaners and fertilizers.

In 2009, The New York Times reported that despite the added ammonia, tests of Lean Beef Trimmings of schools across the country revealed dozens of instances of E. coli and salmonella pathogens.

Between 2005 and 2009, E. coli was found three times and salmonella 48 times, according to the Times, including two contaminated batches of 27,000 pounds of meat.

Muzz
10th March 2012, 11:03
Theres a joke about soilent green in there somewhere. As we say up here in Scotland ...thats boggin.

crested-duck
10th March 2012, 11:03
That's just absolutely disgusting and nasty, now that is a real crime against humanity.

truth4me
10th March 2012, 11:36
I'm a meat eater I must admit. I used to be in a habit of washing the meat off in a drainer in the sink after cooking it for spaghetti and such to get all that access grease off.....

I believe I'm fixing to get "hooked" again on that habit.......

Borden
10th March 2012, 11:45
Oh dear, is the pink slime nasty and toxic? Well, life is inexpensive in this world after all, isn't it.

Factory farming and ... KARMA?

Forgive me if I shed no tears over what befalls the dull-witted, stupid animals who line up in the supermarkets to buy 'cheap' red slabs, packets and limbs of other dull-witted, stupid animals. Yes, I do feel sorry for their children, but their children will grow up to be just like them, and all the while billions of sentient creatures are enslaved, tortured and murdered so that primates can eat bovines. Cheaply. Cows have children too, and cows are child-nurturing mammals with a fully functioning limbic brain, like ours. It's a funny old world.

In this case, pie'n'eal, the 'they' you mention are merely doing what 'they' do, and fairly unremarkably. Yes, profit and control of markets before anything ... that's just inevitable. As far as I'm concerned, if people want to eat and feed their children the morbid hell of cheap meat products then whatever befalls them is their own look-out. The machinations and the evil of the corporate cabal are everywhere and very often subtle and brilliant, but this is one ugly area where anyone of even the least wits and compassion should probably be able to work it all out for themselves and make an intelligent choice that excludes them from this one particular arm of the cabal's mass poisoning.

Still, it's good information for people who didn't know about the pink slime, so anything that might make a few people see the subject from a different angle can't hurt.

Cheers,

Borden

NeverMind
10th March 2012, 15:08
Forgive me if I shed no tears over what befalls the dull-witted, stupid animals who line up in the supermarkets to buy 'cheap' red slabs, packets and limbs of other dull-witted, stupid animals.

I wish you wouldn't call animals "dull-witted and stupid". :-)

Otherwise, I am afraid I entertain the very same sentiment.

meeradas
10th March 2012, 17:46
title instantly reminded me of this (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening&p=445714&viewfull=1#post445714)here
[the chicken mcnugget mass/ mess - sorry, can't find the old thread]

HORIZONS
10th March 2012, 17:52
"We originally called it soylent pink,"

...and is what it should still be called.

Earth Angel
10th March 2012, 18:02
deleted by me.......my misunderstanding of a post

Tony
10th March 2012, 18:04
Most of the food we eat is mucked about slime! Then there is the water, and the air....and our minds!

They must have been hating us for a very long time....!
I find this so hard to understand, because we are quite nice...once you get to know us.

Borden
10th March 2012, 18:44
Most of the food we eat is mucked about slime! Then there is the water, and the air....and our minds!

I find this so hard to understand, because we are quite nice...once you get to know us.

You know, sometimes I think the dark powers that run this world are just a mirror.

Look at the culture of horrific abuse and unthinkable misery that we perpetrate on the animal kingdom ... and then look at what is done to us on a mass scale.

How dare the human race whine about ANYTHING that is done to it until it puts its own house in order and lives up to its insanely selective, hypocritical delusion of morality?

Grrr.

Borden

Tony
10th March 2012, 18:49

You know, sometimes I think the dark powers that run this world are just a mirror.

Look at the culture of horrific abuse and unthinkable misery that we perpetrate on the animal kingdom ... and then look at what is done to us on a mass scale.

How dare the human race whine about ANYTHING that is done to it until it puts its own house in order and lives up to its insanely selective, hypocritical delusion of morality?

Grrr.

Borden

Are you suggesting we are mindless slimy sheep? Laughter!!!

cloud9
10th March 2012, 18:54
Just look at the nice comments this guy makes about the issue in Fox news.

naGSjHGwFCg

TheSwede
10th March 2012, 18:59
No offense but as we say in Sweden about totally outrageous things; It only happens in America =)

Look what happened when Jamie Oliver tried making American kids disgusted by pink slime, so sad.

S9B7im8aQjo

Borden
10th March 2012, 19:01
Certainly not suggesting that, pie'n'eal. It was a statement!

The whole subject just makes me think of a burglar complaining that he's been robbed.

Borden

Lettherebelight
10th March 2012, 19:11

Grrr.

Borden

I must agree, Borden. Whatever humanity gets, it will be our collective karma.

We shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that these atrocities against animals, that are occuring on a daily basis, will not hold some kind of reaction for us inevitably. It'll all catch up with us sooner or later.

'Out of sight' may be 'out of mind', but just because we don't visually witness these ghastly deeds, doesn't mean they are not happening.

Mike
10th March 2012, 19:18
the cabal's mentality that 'if you're not smart enough to spot it, you deserve it', is sometimes justifiable, and sometimes not. for example, placing their code of ethics on a few slabs of stone in an obscure park in Georgia is an absurd exercise in 'you can't say we didn't tell you so'. if they're playing 'fair' (and balanced?), why not write it in barium and aluminum with one of their infamous chemtrails?

but food...that's another whole thing all together. the awareness of the horrors of our 'health care' system and our pharmaceuticals and the food on supermarket shelves is pretty much mainstream now, and there's really no excuse for ignorance at this point. from anybody!:amen:

Tony
10th March 2012, 19:42
Nah, deep down we are really lovely. The slime is only on the surface.
Every moment is an opportunity to remove some slime!
We just need a bit of a clean out!!!

What we need is meditation of the third kind....GYi9MNbb7ik

Lettherebelight
10th March 2012, 19:47
Yeah, that's what we need, Pie....'mental' floss!

Mike
10th March 2012, 19:52
Nah, deep down we are really lovely. The slime is only on the surface.
Every moment is an opportunity to remove some slime!
We just need a bit of a clean out!!!

What we need is meditation of the third kind....GYi9MNbb7ik

you had me right till the end there, Tony. i was thinking to myself, 'how the hell is he gonna fit the remainder of this profound message into 5 seconds...':)

Flash
10th March 2012, 21:31

naGSjHGwFCg

the guy wsith the glasses shows definite signs of pink slime brain contamination lol

Flash
10th March 2012, 21:38
No offense but as we say in Sweden about totally outrageous things; It only happens in America =)

Look what happened when Jamie Oliver tried making American kids disgusted by pink slime, so sad.

S9B7im8aQjo

yum yum yum

McDonald McNugget shape, who wouldn't like it - kids brainswashed to eat scrap, you bet.

ljwheat
10th March 2012, 21:50
great post::director:

http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-food-item-this-is/ :painkiller: :faint2: < documentation

T67DvoH2H3E

oHKCb0_2oD0

John XXX

jorr lundstrom
10th March 2012, 22:12
Well, buy it, its cheap. Eat it, its tasty. Wave bye bye to the last remnants
of your grey tissue in your brain. If your brain still remains, try some
MonoSodiumGlutamat, that will take care of the rest. People are soooo
easily fooled.
I do understand wot Elizabeth Kubler- Ross (wellknown american psychiatrist)
meant when she in one of her last speeches on confronting the shadow said:
I realized I could tear the food out of the mouth of a starving child. :faint:

modwiz
10th March 2012, 22:59

naGSjHGwFCg

the guy wsith the glasses shows definite signs of pink slime brain contamination lol

The FOX(666) reporter felt he had to say that pink slime might be delicious. Flavor is all the matters, right? :confused: And the guy protecting it who looks 'slimed' looks a little like Odo of Star Trek Deep Space 9 series. He reminds me of a shape-shifter, most of whom were evil and part of the Dominion.

modwiz
10th March 2012, 23:11
the cabal's mentality that 'if you're not smart enough to spot it, you deserve it', is sometimes justifiable, and sometimes not. for example, placing their code of ethics on a few slabs of stone in an obscure park in Georgia is an absurd exercise in 'you can't say we didn't tell you so'. if they're playing 'fair' (and balanced?), why not write it in barium and aluminum with one of their infamous chemtrails?

but food...that's another whole thing all together. the awareness of the horrors of our 'health care' system and our pharmaceuticals and the the food on supermarket shelves is pretty much mainstream now, and there's really no excuse for ignorance at this point. from anybody!:amen:

I am with you here, Chinaski. We as a people are at a crossroads and we have all been tossed overboard by the elite to fend for ourselves. It is time to swim or sink. People who refuse to move their arms and kick their feet consign themselves to their own fate in the situation. I am my brother's keeper, but I cannot swim for him and people like him or her, outnumber the swimmers. Playing lifeguard does not work out numerically even if we chose to not let Gaia's form of natural selection work its' hygienic magic.

jorr lundstrom
10th March 2012, 23:16

naGSjHGwFCg

The FOX(666) reporter felt he had to say that pink slime might be delicious. Flavor is all the matters, right? :confused: And the gut protecting it who looks 'slimed' reminds me of Odo of Star Trek Deep Space 9 series. He reminds me of a shape-shifter, most of whom were evil and part of the Dominion.

We have taken care of the pit-eyed fox to the right, he will be turned
into pink slime.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sakasvattaja/eagle-and-fox.jpg

Jorr

modwiz
10th March 2012, 23:20

The FOX(666) reporter felt he had to say that pink slime might be delicious. Flavor is all the matters, right? :confused: And the gut protecting it who looks 'slimed' reminds me of Odo of Star Trek Deep Space 9 series. He reminds me of a shape-shifter, most of whom were evil and part of the Dominion.

We have taken care of the pit-eyed fox to the right, he will be turned
into pink slime.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sakasvattaja/eagle-and-fox.jpg

Jorr

Now that, is a bad-ass bird. Sure glad to not be on its' food list.

Mike
11th March 2012, 00:16

but food...that's another whole thing all together. the awareness of the horrors of our 'health care' system and our pharmaceuticals and the the food on supermarket shelves is pretty much mainstream now, and there's really no excuse for ignorance at this point. from anybody!:amen:

I am with you here, Chinaski. We as a people are at a crossroads and we have all been tossed overboard by the elite to fend for ourselves. It is time to swim or sink. People who refuse to move their arms and kick their feet consign themselves to their own fate in the situation. I am my brother's keeper, but I cannot swim for him and people like him or her, outnumber the swimmers. Playing lifeguard does not work out numerically even if we chose to not let Gaia's form of natural selection work its' hygienic magic.

indeed. there is some real wisdom here. many of us here on Avalon and elsewhere(myself included) that are 'in the know' (or fancy themselves as being in the know:)) struggle with playing lifeguard--whether to play or not, how much to play, and with whom to play. there is a nagging responsibility to at least do something for those we care about, but knowing what to do and how much to do is a nebulous task, at best.

my experience tells me that we all have a finite amount of energy, spiritual and otherwise, and it must be managed prudently. each time i've tried and failed to 'spread the word', i feel like i've lost something. this was much more of a problem when i was just 'waking up' 8 or 9 yrs ago; i was a little too excited to share my views. you won't catch me on the pulpit much these days though. i generally keep quiet unless the situation has brought an opportunity right to my front door, and even then i'm reticent to speak. i mean, where to begin? the bloodlines, the bilderburgers, the shapeshifting reptilians?:)

in reality you can't really tell anyone anything, i think. they have to find out on their own. the best we can do is point people in the right direction. we do a pretty good job of that here on Avalon imho.

HORIZONS
11th March 2012, 00:24
in reality you can't really tell anyone anything, i think. they have to find out on their own. the best we can do is point people in the right direction.

Very well said! and my thoughts exactly. If you have a revelation on something you can't teach it to anyone - believe me I've tried, all we can do is point them to the sign, but they have to read it for themselves.

jjjones
11th March 2012, 00:49
should be called "toilet pink" not "soylent pink". the real slime is the cabal/elite controllers. literally they feed us all kinds of "crap", it is so disgusting. wonder where their organic farms are? where are their raw milk farms? for certain they do not eat the food that they feed their debt slaves. thank you pie'n'eal for this important info. namaste, love and peace universally. :)

Tony
11th March 2012, 11:28
_wBxs5Crx5k

modwiz
11th March 2012, 11:40
_wBxs5Crx5k

More victim role playing. Fish corporations don't want to play by the rules? Don't eat their tuna, or any tuna, if that is what is required to send the message back to the corporations. It wouldn't be forever, just until the message was sent back.We could win every single staring contest like this with corporations if we had the wills to do so. We all know the sad truth about people and their wills. That is why when people want to play victim, they can talk to my hand. Excuses and pink slime. Two things I cannot stomach.

BTW. The title of the video, no reflection on Pie, is a little bit of amped-up headlining.

Borden
11th March 2012, 11:54
Modwiz, if only people had the brains and the will. I do believe that the zombie-like apathy of the world at large to its manifold horrors is to some extent induced and managed by the evil slugs that run this planet ... but there are some subjects that just stare us all in the face. I'm really starting to feel that if people are too stupid and unfeeling to pay attention ... stuff 'em. Go over the cliff edge then. See if I care.

Borden

gooty64
11th March 2012, 12:55
fresh eggs.....

TrzkFmzd9Xo

WHOMADEGOD
11th March 2012, 22:56
When I served in the British Army, a friend of mine worked as a military chef. One Saturday morning when his superiors were not working he called me around the back of the kitchens and showed me huge slabs of meat.

On the meat there were stamps that read " Unfit for Human Consumption"!

And there was little ol me who thought the military had my best intrests at heart...

Been a vegetarian now for 8 months :-)

Calz
12th March 2012, 01:32
While point is certainly taken from Borden (and others) regarding responsibility for what you put into your own body ... pie'n'eal in his OP does raise an issue with foods reaching children.

Parental neglect of many things get passed along to their offspring (not only directly at first but habitually later). Case in point:

Girl Hospitalized After Eating Nothing But Chicken McNuggets For 15 Years

Her Fowl Eating Habits Caused Malnutrition

Chicken McNuggets may taste like heaven, but they have the nutritional benefits of scrap metal. A British girl found this out the hard way after her 15 YEAR addiction to the fried food landed her in the hospital.

Stacey Irvine, a 17 year old girl from Birmingham, was hospitalized after she had breathing problems and passed out at work. Doctors found swollen veins in her tongue and diagnosed her with anemia.

When asked about her diet, the girl replied that she has been living off only Mcdonald's Chicken McNuggets since she was two years old.

"McDonald's chicken nuggets are my favourite. I share 20 with my boyfriend with chips," she said. "But I also like KFC and supermarket brands. My main meal is always chicken nuggets every day."

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Girl-Hospitalized-After-Eating-Nothing-But-Chicken-McNuggets-For--Years/138530.html

WHOMADEGOD
12th March 2012, 22:19
While point is certainly taken from Borden (and others) regarding responsibility for what you put into your own body ... pie'n'eal in his OP does raise an issue with foods reaching children.

Parental neglect of many things get passed along to their offspring (not only directly at first but habitually later). Case in point:

Girl Hospitalized After Eating Nothing But Chicken McNuggets For 15 Years

Her Fowl Eating Habits Caused Malnutrition

Chicken McNuggets may taste like heaven, but they have the nutritional benefits of scrap metal. A British girl found this out the hard way after her 15 YEAR addiction to the fried food landed her in the hospital.

Stacey Irvine, a 17 year old girl from Birmingham, was hospitalized after she had breathing problems and passed out at work. Doctors found swollen veins in her tongue and diagnosed her with anemia.

When asked about her diet, the girl replied that she has been living off only Mcdonald's Chicken McNuggets since she was two years old.

"McDonald's chicken nuggets are my favourite. I share 20 with my boyfriend with chips," she said. "But I also like KFC and supermarket brands. My main meal is always chicken nuggets every day."

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Girl-Hospitalized-After-Eating-Nothing-But-Chicken-McNuggets-For--Years/138530.html

Bang on Cal!

This attitude is appaling. IMO ignorance is not an excuse.

I know I am against it when I try amd protect my children from the peer pressure that is thrust upon my family and as a parent I get everything from strange looks to alienation for wanting to give my family the best I can. I see relatives and friends allow their children some of them as young as five play video games like vice city rayed x!

Why arent they interested in their childrens protection and development? This perpetuates a social cancer that makes it impossible for the parents who actually give a **** to sheild our children from all the evil out there.

Someone once said "there is the easy way, and then theres the right way".

I say "The right way should be the easy way".

Calz
15th March 2012, 04:43
So ... let me guess ... the schools need written permission from the RockyFeelerz foundation to opt out of poisoning the children???

Or do they only care about poisoning their minds??? :painkiller:

'Pink slime'? It's up to schools, USDA says

The U.S. Department of Agriculture will offer schools choice in ground beef buys amid growing concern over an ammonia-treated filler critics call "pink slime."

Under the change to be announced Thursday, schools will be able to choose between beef patties made with the filler or bulk ground beef without it. The policy will affect food at schools this fall because of existing contracts.

A USDA official with knowledge of the decision says the agency wanted to be transparent and school districts wanted choices. The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity ahead of the official announcement.

The USDA buys about a fifth of the food served in schools.

The controversy centers on a processed ingredient common in ground beef that is exposed to ammonium hydroxide gas to kill bacteria.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46740242/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/