PDA

View Full Version : Fluoride - a conversation with an insider who knows the real story

Bill Ryan
23rd July 2010, 09:30
----------------

I was sent the following report yesterday by e-mail, and am reposting it here with full permission. It could not be more important.

I would like to commend you on your story (20th of July) re. the Gulf "spill" and the alternative media's reporting of it. You reminded me that I have to keep checking the facts. Like you, I was very concerned. Thank you. Here's my story below.

I wanted to give you something in return ( I first had this posted at Ken Adachi's Educate-Yourself.org site in late December 2009).

http://educate-yourself.org/lte/lettherebepeaceonearth22dec09.shtml

I wanted to tell you of a real conversation that I had with a head of one of the main NHS (National Health Services) in the UK. This particular body is instrumental in advising… sorry, “INSTRUCTING” the water companies to fluoridate our water.

I had been doing some research on Fluoride, its uses, toxicity and the general negative affect that it has on us humans etc. Having been scared half out of my wits, I contacted (called) my local water supplier to ask why they were putting poison in the water.

The female customer services agent was somewhat aghast & surprised at my statement, however, she was also surprised to find that her "Water Company" did not have any reference on their website about Fluoride being in the water. She then told me that her computer was directing her to a “technical services manager” who would be able to answer my questions.

I thanked her and was put through to what sounded like a man in a very large and empty room. This guy came right to the point and said that they did what they were told and if I wanted any further information, I should call the SHA (Strategic Health Authority), as they gave the orders.

At this point Bill, I do not want to name the person I spoke with; but put simply, you can’t get much higher than this person…

I looked this person up and called their office; I was surprised to be put straight through to them. I asked if I could have three minutes of their time and I was granted this. My question was direct and to the point.

Why, given the evident toxicity of Fluoride and the many supporting independent papers on the dangers of consuming it, are your group instructing the "Water Company" to put it in our drinking water? This is the answer and subsequent conversation to the best of my memory:

“Do you drink alcohol?” (I knew what was coming – or did I?)

“Yes, I do… but I choose to drink it,” I smugly replied.

There was a brief silence, and then the bombshell:

“You are correct. Fluoride is a poison and should not be in the water system, full stop."

UH!!! My jaw hit my desk. For the next 15 minutes we spoke candidly about its dangers; the con of how it has been sold to us (forced on us). The details of the early tests in the 1930s and how this information was seriously floored (and still is).

I was told to refer to a recent paper in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) which (I was told) quite clearly demonstrated that it’s a poison and should be removed from the water immediately, as it's “hazardous to health.” This person knew their stuff !

I asked, "why then, if you know all this, do you continue to instruct the Water Companies to put it in the water?"

Their response: “The decisions are made in the 'deepest darkest recesses of Parliament', and we have 'no say' in the matter. We are just following orders, as are the Water Companies.”

My final question was as to what do I do? I was told to get as many people together as I possibly could and "lobby Parliament."

I thanked them for their time, and closed the conversation feeling very concerned… as I am today. I filter ALL of my water using the latest technology. It’s difficult to escape Fluoride over here as its in most of our bottled water too.

This conversation happened 16 months ago. I was scared to talk about it before, but things have now changed.

mike1414
23rd July 2010, 10:13
many thanks for sharing this, bill....

indeed it is a sad situation from the outset.....we infiltrate ourselves with poisonous substances ultimately through people in positions of love and trust working for companies running on deceipt and dishonesty...
and yet it is not only water is it. theres toxins and poisons in the food on the shelves in most commercial stores and ofcourse fed into the air we inhale....some by ourselves and all for ourselves....
the stresses of it all....added with the well choreographed negativity blah blah...that is deployed onto our senses through the mass media and further afield. it certainly is a wonder how the many still cant understand or even question the increasing unnatural illnesses/diseases that plague humans and animals in todays life...

to think of the damage and the situation of what has happened/happening is vitally important in order to change what is being done....however it is equally important, and somewhat more so in my opinion, to not dwell too deeply on the serevity of the situation.....what is done is done and how dare they do this to us....to themselves...
however it is today, i am here and it is now and how can we move on from this point....for the better....

if you judge people, you have no time to love them - mother teresa

i truly belive things are changing, people are...questions are...

mucho gracias again for this, keep smiling

peace always
mike

JoshERTW
23rd July 2010, 10:40
In Canada, at least in the area where I live, they have stopped adding fluoride to the water supply. I was told that this was because of a "global shortage" of the stuff, which would make the expense too high, but either way I'm not disappointed. Perhaps there are some white hats around here, as where/when I grew up there was definitely fluoride in the water, and it was common practise to give fluoride drops in reasonably high concentrations to your kids. The result was permanent staining on the teeth (at least the most evident one, who knows what else it did). Just glad its not happening anymore. I've still seen some websites advocating the use of fluoride drops for small children, my doctor (who I think is on the level - he recommended against the Swine Flu vaccine) shares my opinion that it is unnessesary and potentially harmful. He also backed up my self-diagnosis that aspartame may have been causing stomach problems and supported my decision to try cutting it out completely for a while. The result was a full disappearance of symptoms (which had previously included chronic heartburn and acid reflux - day in and day out). Anyhow, long story short, I've discovered 100% there is no fluoride in my Town's water.

scootiep
23rd July 2010, 20:56
Hi i've just been researching for fluoride that is added into the water supply for the UK see here it gives you all of the areas and postcodes of the water supply that has flouride added:

http://www.wmaf.org.uk/userfiles/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20FLUORIDATED%20POST%20CODE%20AREAS%20OF%20THE%20 UK(2).pdf

Ive recently bought fluoride free toothpaste "kingfisher" and fluoride free mouthwash "sarakan" from Holland and Barretts.

For people who are living in effected areas there are ways round it;

For around £200 a "reverse osmosis unit" can remove 95% of the fluoride in the water you drink.

Also you can filter the complete water supply that comes into your house for around £360 this would help you to stop absorbing fluoride into the skin while having baths and showers - this removes 90% - 95% of fluoride.

This is a bit more expensive but would be the best option in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Scott

observer
23rd July 2010, 21:35
Acording to Dr. Rima Laibow (I know, I know, she is associated with Major General "staring at goats" Stubblebine - but I find her input very informative)

"Fluoride as an additive has a dark past: it was first added to water in the Soviet Gulag (prison system) since it is a neurological poison and made political and other difficult prisoners complacent and therefore easier to manage. It was added to the water supplies of the Nazi death and slave labor camps for the same reason. Fluoride is widely used as an additive although the scientific evidence upon which its use rests is either fraudulent or flawed. Long a staple of water treatment, sodium fluoride has been replaced by other, even more toxic fluoride compounds like sulfuryl fluoride which has never been tested in water supplies nor approved for use in them.

Source: http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?p=1425

Again, I reiterate, "the Nazis didn't loose the Second World War, the German people did....

As for Major General Stubblebine's credibility, one might want to watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daNr_TrBw6E
but, that's completely off-topic and the subject of another issue....

Ross
23rd July 2010, 21:52
Hi all, here is some interesting info...Please click on link below to see juice types, the companys involved and the fluoride amounts.

The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry
Volume 16. 1991

Jan G. Stannard, Youn Soo Shim, Maria Kritsineli, Panagiota Labropoulou, Anthi Tsamtsouris

Abstract

Increasing consumption of beverages as a replacement for water have made fluoride content in beverages an important issue. In this study. forty-three ready-to-drink fruit juices were examined for fluoride ion concentration. It was found that 42% of the samples had more than 1 ppm of fluoride. It was also determined that "pure" fruit juices, often grape juices. contained high levels of fluoride. Juice made from grapes separated from the skin did not contain any fluoride. Since it is common practice to use fluoride-containing insecticide in growing grapes. it is believed that contamination of these juices is occurring. Washing of grape skins produced appreciable quantities of fluoride. Given that increasing numbers of people are consuming beverages instead of water, fluoride supplementation should not be based solely upon the concentration of the drinking water, but should also consider the amount of different beverages consumed and their fluoride content.

Few studies have investigated fluoride exposures from juices and juice-flavored drinks manufactured with water. on this study, the authors analyzed 1532 juices and juice drinks for fluoride. Fluoride ion concentrations ranged from 0.02 to 2.80 parts per million, in part because of variations in fluoride concentrations of water used in production.

Children's ingestion of fluoride from juices and juice flavored drinks can be substantial and a factor in the development of fluorosis.

http://www.nofluoride.com/juice_content.cfm

Majorion
23rd July 2010, 22:02
Bill, please correct me if I am mistaken here but is this actually a letter from an insider? because judging from the letter he seems just a person in UK who made a few phone calls. He doesn't state that he is a part of the NHS, or SHA - only that he contacted them. When he states:

I had been doing some research on Fluoride, its uses, toxicity and the general negative affect that it has on us humans etc.

He identifies himself as a researcher only.

Ross
23rd July 2010, 22:11
Some Scientific facts on Fluoride

How much fluoride is there in drinking water?

The amount of fluoride present naturally in drinking water is highly variable, depending on the specific geological environment from which the water is obtained. In non-fluoridated drinking water (i.e., drinking water to which fluoride has not been intentionally added for the prevention of dental caries) levels may reach up to about 2.0 mg/litre. However, some places can have fluoride levels in drinking water of up to 20 mg/litre. In areas in which drinking water is fluoridated, the concentration of fluoride in drinking water generally ranges from 0.7 to 1.2 mg/litre.

How much fluoride is there in food?

Virtually all foodstuffs contain at least trace amounts of fluoride. Elevated levels are present in fish and in tea leaves, which are particularly rich in fluoride. Although the concentration of fluoride in food products is not significantly increased by the addition of superphosphate fertilizers (containing fluorides as impurities) to agricultural soil, a recent study shows that plant uptake of fluoride could increase given certain conditions. The use of water containing relatively low levels (less than about 3 mg/litre) of fluoride for crop irrigation generally does not increase fluoride concentrations in foodstuffs, but this depends on plant species and fluoride concentrations in soil and water. However, the level of fluoride in foods is significantly affected by the fluoride content of the water used in food preparation or processing, particularly in beverages and dry foodstuffs to which water is added prior to consumption, such as powdered baby formula. The concentrations of fluoride in unwashed or unprocessed foods grown near industrial fluoride sources may be greater than the levels in the same foods grown in other non-industrially exposed areas. Fluoride has been detected in breast milk at concentrations up to 100 µg /litre, with most measurements ranging between 5 and 10 µg/litre.

How much fluoride are humans exposed to?

Individual exposure to fluoride is highly variable depending on the levels of fluoride in foodstuffs and drinking water, on the use of fluoridated dental preparations, and in certain cases on the levels of fluoride in indoor air.

For adults, the consumption of foodstuffs and drinking water is the principal route of exposure to fluoride. Formula-fed infants receive 50–100 times more fluoride than exclusively breast-fed infants. The ingestion of toothpaste by young children makes a significant contribution to their total intake of fluoride. In general, estimated intakes of fluoride by children and adolescents do not exceed about 2 mg/day. Although adults may have a higher absolute daily intake of fluoride in milligrams, the daily fluoride intake of children, expressed on a milligram per kilogram body weight basis, may exceed that of adults. In geological areas rich in fluoride, drinking water obtained from groundwater wells can be the principal source, leading to estimated intakes of fluorides in adults up to 27 mg/day.

The inhalation of airborne fluoride generally does not contribute much to the total intake of this substance, save in areas of the world in which coal rich in fluoride is used indoors on open fires for heating and cooking or where certain wood preservatives are used.

Workers in the aluminium, iron ore or phosphate ore processing industry may be exposed via inhalation or dermal contact.

What happens to fluorides absorbed by the body?

When fluorides are ingested by humans or laboratory animals, they are absorbed in the stomach and/or the intestine. Fluoride from soluble fluorides is almost completely absorbed (either as HF or F-, depending on stomach acidity). However, when fluoride is bound to aluminium, calcium etc., its release and subsequent absorption may be reduced because this combination is less soluble. When fluorides in gaseous or particulate form are breathed in, the respiratory tract, they are partially or completely absorbed depending on how soluble they are or on how big the fluoride-containing particles are.

Fluoride is then rapidly distributed in tissues. In humans and laboratory animals, fluorides mostly build up in bones and teeth, which retain about 99% of the total fluoride body burden.

Fluoride is eliminated from the body primarily through the urine. Infants retain 80 to 90% of fluoride ingested, while adults retain approximately 60%.

However, the balance of fluoride in the body (i.e. the difference between the amount of fluoride ingested and the amount excreted) can be positive or negative. This physiological balance is determined by earlier fluoride exposure, the degree of accumulation in bone, the rate at which it is released from bone and the efficiency of the kidneys in excreting fluoride. When fluoride intakes are low excretion through urine can exceed intake.

Fluoride can be transferred from mother to foetus through the placenta.

Regards

Ross

Kra
23rd July 2010, 22:29
Bill, please correct me if I am mistaken here but is this actually a letter from an insider? because judging from the letter he seems just a person in UK who made a few phone calls. He doesn't state that he is a part of the NHS, or SHA - only that he contacted them. When he states:

"I had been doing some research on Fluoride, its uses, toxicity and the general negative affect that it has on us humans etc."

He identifies himself as a researcher only.

The title refers to the person with whom the person sending the letter to Bill was talking on the phone asking questions about the reason for putting fluoride in the water.

MiguelQ
23rd July 2010, 23:05
Thats why i dont drink water... only sometimes... or on fruits.

if i evaporate the water , doing a destilation... the water that later condenses is destilated and without the fluor right?

Kra
23rd July 2010, 23:23
Thats why i dont drink water... only sometimes... or on fruits.

I don't like to drink this water either... but in the cities we don't really have a choice. I don't drink sink water i drink only bottled water, not that bottled water is healthy but it is cleaner than the sink water.

JoshERTW
24th July 2010, 00:26
I'm trained as a water resource engineer - I have worked in water treatment facilities, and designed them (though only in an academic setting). I do however design water infrastructure and can assure you that municipalities are extremely protective of their water systems and the possibility of any contamination.

One thing I can guarantee you, bottled water is not more clean. This is the advertising campaign they have used for years. Municipal water treatment facilities cost many millions of dollars to build. Water bottling plants use far less sophisticated technology - if your local plant uses membrane filters or UV technology (if its been built or upgraded in the last 5-10 years it might) then you've probably got the cleanest drinking water available to humans. Even the older technologies (filter beds and chlorination - the latter of which is still used even in the new plants as a failsafe against bacteria) are superior to what the bottled water industry uses.

This is because municipal water is subjected to daily testing at point sources, constant quality monitoring using sophisticated hardware inside the plant itself. Alarms go off if certain levels are exceeded - i.e. turbidity which is the 'suspended particles' in the water, and if the alarm is going off, the naked eye will not be able to see these particles generally. Municipal water is subjected to borderline insane levels of third party scrutiny before it reaches your taps - at least since Walkerton.

If you don't believe me ask your local treatment plant to take you on a tour. Then ask a water bottling company for the same deal. Bet you wont get past the front desk on the second one, and even if you do, you will still be amazed at the stark contrast in technology, cleanliness and the like.

All this is before you account for the plastic leaching into the water from the bottles themselves too. Most bottled water also has fluordie by the way, while municipal water has it less and less - though as the title of this thread suggests its still around.

If anyone has any questions on this, and I have not proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to you that bottled water is a scam, please PM me and I will send you some links to video's / legal documents etc. Don't have it at my finger tips but can provide on request.

Edit: And if this doesn't convince you, at least you can still drink beer!

MiguelQ
24th July 2010, 00:44
well Kar, i dont drink sink water, no ones here does, but just to cooking (i think), but i think thats bad also..
municipal water is for bath and cleaning and washing machines...
The rest is botted, but i know that the bottled are also with Fluoride so .. there is no way.

Now Josh, do you know if distilled WATER, is free of those toxic agents.
I dont mean buying distilled water, i mean produce a distilled water mechanism, that gives the water vapor, and drink it.
Is it (the vapor water) distilled, and free of Fluoride?

Kra
24th July 2010, 00:50
One thing I can guarantee you, bottled water is not more clean. This is the advertising campaign they have used for years.
I don't watch TV i don't care about advertising campaigns. I am aware of the issues with bottled water but i was talking about visibly cleaner water. Meaning the water from the sink tastes "funny" like rust sometimes (but not limited to) and it doesn't look good either. I have some filters in the pipes and sink but not enough it seems. It's been years since i last drank sink water.

If you don't believe me ask your local treatment plant to take you on a tour. Then ask a water bottling company for the same deal. Bet you wont get past the front desk on the second one
I'm sure i wouldn't.

All this is before you account for the plastic leaching into the water from the bottles themselves too. Most bottled water also has fluordie by the way, while municipal water has it less and less - though as the title of this thread suggests its still around.
Like i said... i am aware of the bottled water issues and i am aware that the bottled water also has fluoride but i'm not sure about municipal water having it less and less at least not here. So i drink bottled water because it's visibly cleaner.

Kra
24th July 2010, 00:54
well Kar, i dont drink sink water, no ones here does, but just to cooking (i think), but i think thats bad also..
municipal water is for bath and cleaning and washing machines...

For cooking and washing something or for bath i also use municipal water although i wish i had a choice. Why are you keep calling me "Kar" ?

MiguelQ
24th July 2010, 01:29
AHUuuu ups man, sorry. i get Dislexical sometimes. i thought it really was Kar, not KRa..
but kar already got into my brain , so deepp, lets see if i wont step in the same mistake again.

:p

Kra
24th July 2010, 01:34
AHUuuu ups man, sorry. i get Dislexical sometimes. i thought it really was Kar, not KRa..
but kar already got into my brain , so deepp, lets see if i wont step in the same mistake again.

:p

It's ok no problem. I thought you are renaming me and was wondering why you like "Kar" so much.

FrankoL
24th July 2010, 05:13
One thing I can guarantee you, bottled water is not more clean. This is the advertising campaign they have used for years. Municipal water treatment facilities cost many millions of dollars to build. Water bottling plants use far less sophisticated technology - if your local plant uses membrane filters or UV technology (if its been built or upgraded in the last 5-10 years it might) then you've probably got the cleanest drinking water available to humans. Even the older technologies (filter beds and chlorination - the latter of which is still used even in the new plants as a failsafe against bacteria) are superior to what the bottled water industry uses.

I couldn't agree more. It depends on a quality of municipal water. Ours is clean and fluoride free. So for I drink from sink and I don't consume bottled water. It contains fluoride in most cases.

JoshERTW
24th July 2010, 11:54
I generally run my tap water through a Brita filter. This is about the level of filtration that the bottling companies use. I mostly only do it so I can keep a pitcher of water in the fridge.

Kra: The 'rusty' taste could be a few things. One, your town water is in ductile-iron pipes and they are getting old. A Brita filter will fix this for you. Iron is not particularly bad for you though rusty pipes would be more concerning as this means they are structurally compromised and a leak could form in the pipe line. where there is a leak, there is potential for contaminants to enter through the ground. This is pretty common in old pipe systems and most cities have a plan for upgrades over a number of years.

Two, your town's water is sourced from groundwater - surface water (especially in areas with zebra mussel infestations) generally is clearer once it reaches the tap. Groundwater has lots of minerals and is harder - this just means there is naturally occuring minerals in your water, when I was in university it was calcium that made our water cloudy. It didn't taste particularly bad. But again, Brita filters came to the rescue.

These filters are full of activated carbon which basically 'binds' these particulates (including the ones you can't see and which are usually the ones that are causing the 'flavour' issue). Most municipal water systems use this stuff in their filter beds, or add it as a 'dust' during certain times of the year i.e. when there is lots of algae etc. The filters basically yank out all the smells and tastes, and they are so finely packed that the particulates don't make it through either.

Third it might be your plumbing - if you live in an old building you might have some crappy internal pipe work.

I urge anyone who is 'unsatisfied' with their municipal water to try filtering your own water with a Brita (or other brand, they are all the same really) pitcher, you will save a bunch of money that would otherwise be going to an evil corporation if nothing else. A lot of times this is the only thing that these water bottling plants do - run tap water (or well water, or whatever) through a simple filter and sell it to you at a massive profit. The markup on bottled water is something like 1000%. I bet you will find it tastes better too.

JoshERTW
24th July 2010, 12:04
Now Josh, do you know if distilled WATER, is free of those toxic agents.
I dont mean buying distilled water, i mean produce a distilled water mechanism, that gives the water vapor, and drink it.
Is it (the vapor water) distilled, and free of Fluoride?

If you are vaporizing the water, you are only going to remove any chemicals which will not also be vaporized (i.e. anything which will become a gas at a lower temperature than water is going to go up your pipe and into your distilled product). Thats why distilling is used to make alcohol - the booze goes gaseous before the water.

I know there are processes to 'deionize' water, as deionized water is what is used in laboratories when absolute pure water is needed. I think reverse osmosis is more or less this type of thing, as even in the labs they often have a 'deionized tap' so there is some process happening there in which the municipal water coming into the building undergoes some further treatment.

As fluoride is an ion dissolved in water deionization is probably your best bet. I imagine distillation might work, you would have to check out at what temperature fluorine/chlorine/whatever element you are trying to get rid of goes gaseous. If its got a lower evaporation point than water you are wasting your time - and it may, water is a pretty energy itnensive substance to boil. I'm also not sure if dissolved ion's can be 'freed' as a gas from within another substance unless the concentration is fairly high i.e. higher than you will find in tap water.

Kra
24th July 2010, 15:17
Kra: The 'rusty' taste could be a few things. One, your town water is in ductile-iron pipes and they are getting old. A Brita filter will fix this for you. Iron is not particularly bad for you though rusty pipes would be more concerning as this means they are structurally compromised and a leak could form in the pipe line. where there is a leak, there is potential for contaminants to enter through the ground. This is pretty common in old pipe systems and most cities have a plan for upgrades over a number of years.
They just finished working on these streets changing the pipes.

Third it might be your plumbing - if you live in an old building you might have some crappy internal pipe work.
My house is about 4 years old, the pipes are not rusty, everything is new and clean (4 years doesn't mean much in terms of pipes and plumbing !?). I was talking more in general about the water in my city, not here where i live in particular. I don't really have the strength to start drinking sink water again and after all these years i can't trust it.

Thank you for taking the time to write your posts in such an informative way.

ann444
24th July 2010, 15:43
I read that flouride negatively affects the pineal gland and that one can detox from flouride using tamarind paste. The tamarind paste can be used to make a tea and 3 cups a day should be consumed. It's best to drink distilled or spring water (not the bottle water you buy in grocery stores, or filtered water). If anyone else knows an effective way to detox from flouride, please let us know.

Kra
24th July 2010, 15:51
IIf anyone else knows an effective way to detox from flouride, please let us know.

There is a thread about this here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?2660-*-*-*-Safely-Avoid-and-Remove-Dangerous-Man-Made-Fluoride-*-*-*&highlight=remove+fluoride) i hope it will be of use to you.

MiguelQ
24th July 2010, 16:29
If you are vaporizing the water, you are only going to remove any chemicals which will not also be vaporized (i.e. anything which will become a gas at a lower temperature than water is going to go up your pipe and into your distilled product). Thats why distilling is used to make alcohol - the booze goes gaseous before the water.

I know there are processes to 'deionize' water, as deionized water is what is used in laboratories when absolute pure water is needed. I think reverse osmosis is more or less this type of thing, as even in the labs they often have a 'deionized tap' so there is some process happening there in which the municipal water coming into the building undergoes some further treatment.

As fluoride is an ion dissolved in water deionization is probably your best bet. I imagine distillation might work, you would have to check out at what temperature fluorine/chlorine/whatever element you are trying to get rid of goes gaseous. If its got a lower evaporation point than water you are wasting your time - and it may, water is a pretty energy itnensive substance to boil. I'm also not sure if dissolved ion's can be 'freed' as a gas from within another substance unless the concentration is fairly high i.e. higher than you will find in tap water.

Wait...
Fluoride is an ion, this means its an atom, that is charged, and because of that, it interacts with other ions and stuff.. but once you vaporize the H20, the ion wont go with it right? it stays in the "cup".
On my lab, when i use desionized water, they say its the same as distilled water.
I can by destilled water on the store, there are one they use for car batteries? are those safes ?

CuppaJoe
24th July 2010, 16:51
I am 24 years old, living in the good ole US of A. I can clearly remember dental hygiene instruction starting from first grade on. We were told how good and necessary fluoride is, how it prevents cavities and is so good for tooth enamel... It was a very essential part of all that we were taught regarding dental health.

When I grew up and began caring for children on my own, I happened to come across information stating very clearly the many dangers of fluoride. The more I looked into it, the more horrified I was.

The child I was caring for, a 3 year old boy whose sensitivities presented all the time (he told me once during a 3 year drought in our area that the trees were thirsty) - his mother, who otherwise was very concerned with his overall health, buying him organic food and juices and giving him very little sugar - his mother once bought him these small rounded single-serving water bottles that stated, in huge bubbly letters right on the front label, "WITH ADDED FLUORIDE FOR DENTAL HEALTH". She was more put-out by the tiny plastic bottles than the fluoride in the water. I hated giving them to him.
Later that same evening, I very quickly pulled up everything I could find about the real problems with fluoride off the internet and left them on her computer. I don't know if she still gives it to him or not.

But that's the biggest problem. Our kids are being introduced to this toxic stuff as soon as they are born. And we, as parents or caretakers, are told it's good for them. Makes their teeth healthy. Fewer cavities, fewer dental bills. When in reality, there's actually a weakening of tooth enamel that happens with prolonged exposure to fluoride. Note: The effects of fluoride on teeth is really the least of it's evils. But since "the good of the teeth" is how it's pushed, I figured that was quite an ironic side effect.

If the levels of fluoride were tiny - like any number of known carcinogens the average person is exposed to in his or her lifetime - there would be no issue. But this particular carcinogen is deliberately given to us, usually with no exception unless you've got your own well water, and it's sole purpose - IN MY OPINION - is to damage the pineal gland, that tiny little button in the exact middle of our brains, that is actually the mystical "third eye".

I read once that damage to the pineal gland shows in the form of calcification. It gets hard and white, almost like when coral goes into shock, and does not function anymore. I read that this is actually the "mark of the beast". A calcified pineal gland which therefore shuts you off from the rest of the universe.

Bit by bit, over the course of a lifetime and beginning in infancy, we are swallowing this sentence of separation with every glass of water.

"What to do about it" is different for everyone. Myself, I'm into filtering. I was on well water for a long time but have recently moved into a more populated area so now municipal water flows from the tap. I know there's fluoride in there. For now, I use a Brita filter. I need to get something specifically for fluoride, I know.
If I had a child... oh I can't even go into what I would do different with a child. I would do everything different. No city water, no processed food, no refined sugar, definitely no public school, no disposable diapers, no formula...

As with a lot of the really blatant lying and misinforming that goes on, I seem to find it more often than not directly influencing how children think as they grow. The only option I see is to swing it Little House on the Prairie style. Kickin it REALLY old-school. For most people, this is not an option.

Well, at least not until they truly consider it.

After all, our kids are really ours... aren't they?

MiguelQ
24th July 2010, 16:59
yeah why my mom and dad gave me fluouride .. pills why?
i remeber i was young and n the school and at my home we had those little pills you put under your tongue, and etc.. i had no choice i wasn't aware of the dangers.. i think my parents neither .. thats sad.

in the other side, i dont drink water so.. im not exposed to that toxics so often..
But my sister drinks alot of water (so she must have more F, in her body) but i see no difference on her from me? besides im more intelligent in some points..

Ethereal Blue Being
24th July 2010, 19:15
Here in the US all Flouridated toothpastes have a label warning that if you consume more than a pea sized amount call Poison Control ( a medically staffed toll free number) immediately. If you look on Jordan Makwell's website he has a large photo of the carton of toothpaste showing this warning and related info. Also in the Project Camelot interview that Bill and Kerry did last year with Dr Pete Peterson and David Wilcock they talk of the effects of flouride on the pineal gland and mention calcification. David Wilcock mentions Bue green algae as a 'remedy'. The effects of flouride on the thyroid gland are widely known ( thousands of studies going back over half a century) apparently it interferes with the absorption of iodine in foods and eventually will require underactive thyroid meds. ( don't even get me started on the effects of soy (a phyto estrogen) on the thyroid. Also if you are using a flouride-free toothpaste make sure the company that manufactures it doesn't produce any other flouridated toothpastes on the machinery. Even when the equipment is "flushed out" and washed it still retaines residue. When you go to the dentist and the hygienist cleans your teeth and follows up with an electric polisher and some gritty paste. That paste is loaded with flouride so ask for flouride free / unflavored (the flavoring has artificial flavorings,and colorings) when booking your teeth cleaning appointment.

Lost Soul
24th July 2010, 21:16
Use a water filter that removes fluoride. I do. I even stop drinking the bottled water at work because the water company (Alhambra) adds fluoride. The only drawback is that I carry two stainless steel canteens (1.6 mil) of water with me and it's not light weight.

MargueriteBee
24th July 2010, 21:49
I've often wondered what they really put in all those sodas, juices and bottled coffee. I'm sure they put more in them than flouride.

This is a link to an on the counter reverse osmisis filter that I used when I lived in the city;

http://www.advancedwaterfilters.com/filter-categories/Counter-Top/

Tap Master Jr. F2™ (with Fluoride Filter) Counter-top Water Filter

CetaceousOne
25th July 2010, 07:01
For filtering water including fluoride removal, we use a Berkey.

JoshERTW
25th July 2010, 13:24
"I would do everything different. No city water, no processed food, no refined sugar, definitely no public school, no disposable diapers, no formula..."

Thats how we roll, though I think the no public school will not really be an option. The plan is to be involved though, for example say if our kids are learning about WWII, I'll be sure to get them thinking "how exactly did Germany fund the building of all those weapons when it cost a barrel of deuchmarks to buy bread? - Why the American banks lent it to them!" Always present the other side of the story as I have learned it, and encourage seeking out that other side of every story they are told as best I can.

CuppaJoe
25th July 2010, 14:04
Thats how we roll, though I think the no public school will not really be an option.

You don't think so? In the particular part of the States where I live, there's a HUGE alternative schooling community. But I do think our area is unique in a lot of ways.

I went through the conventional public school system myself. Instead of getting me to think on the finer aspects of what I was learning, like you suggest, my mother told me outright I was being lied to. Created a really bitter taste in my mouth for school altogether. I dropped out of high school my senior year. Never been to college. I self teach now. Latest field of study: Quantum mechanics.

Barron
26th July 2010, 09:13
For people wanting to do their own research on the toxic adding of fluoride to our water supply may i suggest this excellent site to start your research: http://www.fluoridealert.org/ and especially this page: http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm

Cheers

Swami
12th October 2010, 16:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5V8tIpdqIE

Carmody
12th October 2010, 17:07
I just find the whole Nalco owns corexit thing to be quite interesting.

If you go to the Nalco website for europe, they go out of their way to date their history and how long it is. It seems to slip into European elitest circles and the french revolution. Perhaps they have changed the site by now...

And that the owners of corexit seem to try and control the fluid flow system of in and out (water for human consumption and sewage) of large 'groups' of human beings in europe.

Dale
12th October 2010, 19:58
Interesting thread. I didn't know we had a thread about water fluoridation on Avalon yet.

Here's my take on the matter.

A few years ago, I was in a relationship with the daughter of a very wealthy businessman who is well known for being both a savvy "money man" and CEO of a quite large, multinational corporation. Both her and I lived in the same state, but her father's main residence was in the American south-east, so he decided to fly up to Michigan for the weekend to meet his daughter's "new interest."

He arranged the transportation, and we met for dinner, along with his current wife. While the dinner was being prepared, I noticed how incredibly "picky" he was concerning the ingredients, water, timing, and quite literally everything that went into making the meal. Being a health and fitness enthusiast, I asked, out of curiosity, "What's with the all of the caution?"

What followed was an incredibly lengthy, in-depth, arduous conversation concerning the history of water fluoridation, food additives, glutamates, and most everything in between. During the quite one-way conversation, I spent most of the time absolutely shocked; not at what was said, but by the fact the entire group was laughing and continuing on with their meal. I had already knew that fluoride wasn't very safe, but hearing it from a man who is, by all means, well informed, absolutely left me in a state of shock. Simply being in the same room with this man did, and when he started talking about this matter, I was even more shocked.

I've long since cut all ties with this man, as well as his family, for good reason; but I will say that from what I can recall of the conversation, it is common knowledge to those with power and money that fluoride, as well as many other artificial additives, have detrimental affects on physical well-being. These ingredients are avoided, at all costs, by the majority of the individuals in "inner-workings," and appear to be part of something vastly more political than strengthening enamel.

The attitude I picked up from this man, his friends, and close family was one of "business as usual." There's no remorse, or empathy, for the many that consume fluoride and other similar ingredients. It's just another part of some kind of business deal.

Lost Soul
12th October 2010, 23:09
How does one decalcify the peniel gland?

Dale
12th October 2010, 23:21

According to Dr. Pete Peterson, the Project Camelot whistleblower, a good way of decalcifying one's pineal gland would be through taking "Ratfish oil."

Here's (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?1967-RatFish-Oil-Chimaera-Monstrosa-Linnaeus-NOW-AVAILIBLE-Dr-Peterson) a thread on the forum about the subject.

An quick Google search of "decalcify pineal gland" gives plenty of other ways, some quite interesting.

Roofie
14th October 2010, 02:49
I can safely say that here in Australia we have 2 chemicals added to our drinking water reservoirs. They are Aluminium Sulphate and Fluosilic Acid. I'm not sure of what either chemical actually does to our water but I can list at least 20 reservoirs in Victoria and NSW that use these regularly.

AtlasFactor
14th October 2010, 03:33
Queensland Australia has flouride now too. As of 2008. What's more, our local area's first addition of flouride made the news because they "accidentally" put "too much" in the water. "Oops". If it looks like incompetence any action is apparently forgiveable, no matter what one does.

sargeist
14th October 2010, 08:10
i dont drink "town" water. when i go to town, i take a 5 litre jug of rainwater (yes i know, rainwater has all kinds of junk in it as well), or just go to the pub and drink beer.

Ross
14th October 2010, 08:27
Queensland Australia has flouride now too. As of 2008. What's more, our local area's first addition of flouride made the news because they "accidentally" put "too much" in the water. "Oops". If it looks like incompetence any action is apparently forgiveable, no matter what one does.

Yup..I can remember that one...funny how they 'told' us "we are putting flouride in your water" tough sh***t if ya dont like it! and, "WILL WE BE BILLING YOU FOR YOUR DAILY DOSE OF POISON"...hahaha...

Now, that pretty much sums it up their attitude.

Regards

Ross

truthseekerdan
4th November 2010, 05:54
Sodium fluoride is commonly used as a rat poison.
Globalists and eugenicists have decided to add it to
water supplies with the message to the public that it
is good for teeth, despite warnings from the ADA stating
that young children risk a disease called dental fluorosis.

Water actually is a battleground between 'good and evil' and we see this in the fluoridation issue. One cannot understand the universe of water without grappling with poisonous fluoride and its government-mandated entry into public water supplies in the United States, Brazil, and several other countries that have stupidly followed America’s lead in water fluoridation. Just because it’s invisible does not make it any less deadly in the long haul in terms of public health. I had to say that because most people in fluoridated countries just don’t mind that it is there; it’s simply off their radar screens. And in fact, when you go back to the history and beginning of water fluoridation, we find out that it was the Nazis who used it first to turn their prisoners of war into passive sheep.

http://blog.imva.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/clip_image002.jpg

Read more: http://blog.imva.info/medicine/fluoridated-water%E2%80%94the-ultimate-evil

SkepticSoul
4th November 2010, 13:30
am I glad to be living in Belgium. Apparantly there is no water supplier with fluoridated water.
what i don't understand tough is how can it turn you into a passive sheep?
i understand the diseases that come from it... but what does it actually do with your physiology, does it do anything to your spiritual body?
what actions are going on in the body to cause such a mess?

bluestflame
25th January 2011, 18:14
yes they only started to flouridate the water here year before last

Lefty Dave
29th January 2011, 21:17
In the US, federal government comes to your city, and gives them ten times more money than they need to add this poison to the water, and politicians being what they are, take the money.

Andrew
29th January 2011, 21:23
i dont drink "town" water. when i go to town, i take a 5 litre jug of rainwater (yes i know, rainwater has all kinds of junk in it as well), or just go to the pub and drink beer.

I always find it funny when people try avoid fluoridated water but they drink Beer lol... what's beer made out of? WATER, on a bottle of beer the ingredients only say WATER it doesn't even say what ingredients are in the water like when you buy a bottle of water. There is probably loads of fluoride in Beer.

iceni tribe
31st January 2011, 09:06
http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/naf09_2010/dd395-Watersite.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/naf09_2010/dd395-Florsite.jpg

TWINNICK
31st January 2011, 09:55
I have been aware of this for years but I drink rainwater which has been run through my Sawyer point 1 filter.

Removes most things, so I feel a little bit better about it Oh and my cuppa's taste heaps better too.

Get yourselves a high quality water filter,some do remove fluoride from the water, do some research and get the best you can for your money.
I also carry around 3-4 containers of filtered rainwater in my truck for when i'm out and about, got caught out once and had to drink tap water YUK!, don't want to do that again LOL.

..Nick..

gong
31st January 2011, 10:09
Not sure whether this was posted already but aside from fluorided water which scares me enough already and is very difficult to escape, we had a permission slip letter through a few months agoa last year about the primary school asking

whether we would permit the children to consume flourided milk !!!!

ourageous. That was a tipping point. I wrote to the headteacher, was referred to the local NHS district manager back and forth etc. All pretty fruitless as these people did not appreciate the toxicity of fluoride. The school however panicked a little and said they were going to discuss it at the next governor's meeting. My view is that in reality they like following their guidelines, their rules and procedures etc - trust in what they are told, all for better children's teeth.
As if we had a tooth decay problem in children in the northern hemisphere! long gone. there is dental hygiene now and tootbrushes and toothpaste.

The problem is, even if you do not grant permission as a parent, who guarantees me that there is no mix up of milk bottles at school? that is just an invite for management errors.

This makes me sooooo angry. Any other parents who whish to share?

I'm in Manchester but this fluoride milk initiative seems nationwide.

Anyone familiar what the water situation is in germany actually? We are making plans for relocation. Would appreciate if you could share what you know.

Lancelot
31st January 2011, 10:31
Thanks for this useful post.
I was wondering if you knew any more details about filtering the water to remove fluoride.
I can get a filter with a changeable 'sock' in it which will filter down to 15, 10, 5 or 1 micron- will this do the trick? Many thanks in advance.
PS. The make of the filter is Pentek and costs £300 from the US

Also, does anyone know the advantage of attaching a strong magnet to the incoming water pipe and if this will help with the purification?

Many thanks,
Lancelot

The One
31st January 2011, 10:50
Contrary to what we have been told for many decades, man-made fluoride actually leads to fluoridosis, a condition that is marked by stained and weakened hole-filled teeth. Notably, in Europe and US communities where there is no water fluoridation, cavities are less than in fluoridated US communities. Even worse, fluoride can result in hyperactivity and/or lethargy, arthritis, lowered thyroid function, lowered IQ, dementia, disrupted immune system, genetic damage, cell death, cancers, deactivated essential enzymes and lower life span.

Fluoride in its natural form is actually considered an essential trace element, but we only need very tiny amounts and the natural form of fluoride is a far cry from the man-made form added to our water and products. The natural form of mineral fluoride found in your teeth and in nature is called Apatite (calcium fluoro-chloro-hydroxyl phosphate). The unnatural form of fluoride added to our municipal water supplies is sodium fluoride - a chemical by-product of aluminium, steel, cement, phosphate, and nuclear weapons manufacturing. Such fluoride has no nutrient value or health benefits whatsoever.

I complained to the European Commission about The fluoridation of drinking water in the UK.

Their response was drinking water quality is in the European Union and regulated by the drinking water directive. Whilst the drinking water directive sets ambitious and legally binding standards, it does not prescribe how to achieve those standards. As an example, the method of drinking water disinfection (e.g. chlorination by chlorine gas, by chloride dioxide, by sodium hypochlorite, UV disinfection, ozonisation etc) is the right and responsibility of the operter, against the background of possible additional legislation. For fluoride, the directive set a quality standard, as long as this standard is complied with the fluoridation of drinking water (which is to our knowledge in Ireland and the United Kingdom) is not an infringement of the drinking water directive. At the same time, the drinking water directive does by no means set out an obligation for drinking water fluroidation; this is the responsibility of the national authorities of member states as is a possible public consultation on such matter.

Possible consultation never happened in the UK

Lancelot
31st January 2011, 11:08
Fluoride cant be removed by filtration, only by Reverse Osmosis. Uits can be bought from santevia in canada for $499, heres the link-
www.santevia.com

Paul
31st January 2011, 19:50
I was wondering if you knew any more details about filtering the water to remove fluoride.
I can get a filter with a changeable 'sock' in it which will filter down to 15, 10, 5 or 1 micron- will this do the trick?
The fluoride ion is much smaller than one micron. The ionic radius of a fluoride ion is on the order of 100 picometers, where a picometer is one-millionth of a micron. So that makes the fluoride ion about one-ten-thousandth of a micron in radius. That one-micron sock won't help.

My favorite water filter site (local to me in North Texas and installers of my own home filter setup) has a page on Removing Fluoride from Water (http://www.pwgazette.com/problemfluoride.htm):

For practical purposes, there are three choices for removing fluoride from drinking water: distillation, reverse osmosis, and filtration through a special fluoride/arsenic reduction medium called activated alumina.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Fluoride cant be removed by filtration, only by Reverse Osmosis.
Distillation and the right kind of filter media can also work -- see my post just above.

pinkfrost
31st January 2011, 20:06
i get my water through reverse osmosis, but it sits in a plastic 5 gallon bottle, so that's probably not great. i long since stopped with the toothpastes and mouthwashes and haven't found any tangible differences in my health. i have great teeth. ;) but i reckon not poisoning yourself with flouride is nice health benefit long term. i noticed one day last month on the nightly news (with katie) there was a 2 second mention about the concerns of over-fluoridation. and i've heard nothing more or nothing since in the mainstream media.

13th Warrior
31st January 2011, 20:43
For practical purposes, there are three choices for removing fluoride from drinking water: distillation, reverse osmosis, and filtration through a special fluoride/arsenic reduction medium called activated alumina.

This statement is correct; my 2 cents.

Water can also be demineralized thru the use of ion resin beds.

I would not drink distilled water for long periods of time; demineralized water will draw minerals out of your body to balance demineralized water unbalanced nature; even if you take supplements.

Also for your consideration of water read:

The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto

Paul
31st January 2011, 21:05
I would not drink distilled water for long periods of time; demineralized water will draw minerals out of your body to balance demineralized water unbalanced nature; even if you take supplements.How about remineralizing the water?

My setup removes the chlorine with a whole house filter. For my drinking water, I then remove the fluoride with reverse osmosis and add back in a dash of Willard's Water and good salt. Then I store my drinking water in the refrigerator.

I am presently on the lookout for a good way to increase the magnesium content of my drinking water. What I add back in presently has no magnesium.

Arrowwind
31st January 2011, 21:08
This is what I am going to go with in our house thats under construction.... structured water

www.photonicwater.com (http://www.photonicwater.com)

gardunk
31st January 2011, 21:15
here is a good link to a cleanse for fluoride: http://robertvon.com/mbp.
http://robertvon.com/mbp.html

brotybro
31st January 2011, 21:19
In my town, The municipality fluoridated the water for the eastern part of the city because the department of national defence required it for customers on the base. This was in 06'

I believe they have since stopped.

(CFB Kingston said it is turning off fluoridation, “because there are other sources for the dental
chemical”. )

passiglight
31st January 2011, 21:26
As i understand it, the biggest reason for poisoning our water supplies and us with FLUORIDE is because fluoride calcifies the Pineal Gland......

The consequence of killing the pineal gland is this.................. we not only lose the abilities surrounded by and connected to and with the 3rd eye abilities which is what first drew my attention to this outrageous and disgusting act being forced upon us by our corrupt elites,,
but,,,,
,we also lose the ability for our bodies to manufacture Melatonin....

The absence of melatonin from our bodies is in my opinion the biggest cause of the diseases and bodily problems facing human beings on planet earth today......
Check this out.....................

The pineal Gland.

the following was copied and pasted from here,,,,,,,,,please check this out,,,,,,, http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/ (you'll probably have to copy / paste this link into your browsers address bar)

Up until the 1990s, no research had ever been conducted to determine the impact of fluoride on the pineal gland - a small gland located between the two hemispheres of the brain that regulates the production of the hormone melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that helps regulate the onset of puberty and helps protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals.

It is now known - thanks to the meticulous research of Dr. Jennifer Luke from the University of Surrey in England - that the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumulation within the body.

The soft tissue of the adult pineal gland contains more fluoride than any other soft tissue in the body - a level of fluoride (~300 ppm) capable of inhibiting enzymes.

The pineal gland also contains hard tissue (hyroxyapatite crystals), and this hard tissue accumulates more fluoride (up to 21,000 ppm) than any other hard tissue in the body (e.g. teeth and bone).

After finding that the pineal gland is a major target for fluoride accumulation in humans, Dr. Luke conducted animal experiments to determine if the accumulated fluoride could impact the functioning of the gland - particulalry the gland's regulation of melatonin.

Luke found that animals treated with fluoride had lower levels of circulating melatonin, as reflected by reduced levels of melatonin metabolites in the animals' urine. This reduced level of circulating melatonin was accompanied - as might be expected - by an earlier onset of puberty in the fluoride-treated female animals.

Luke summarized her human and animal findings as follows:

"In conclusion, the human pineal gland contains the highest concentration of fluoride in the body. Fluoride is associated with depressed pineal melatonin synthesis by prepubertal gerbils and an accelerated onset of sexual maturation in the female gerbil. The results strengthen the hypothesis that the pineal has a role in the timing of the onset of puberty. Whether or not fluoride interferes with pineal function in humans requires further investigation."

Melatonin

[close]

Melatonin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Melatonin

Melatonin (pronounced /ˌmɛləˈtoʊnɪn/ ( listen)), also known chemically as N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine,[1] is a naturally occurring compound found in animals, plants, and microbes.[2][3] In animals, circulating levels of the hormone melatonin vary in a daily cycle, thereby allowing the entrainment of the circadian rhythms of several biological functions.[4]

Many biological effects of melatonin are produced through activation of melatonin receptors,[5] while others are due to its role as a pervasive and powerful antioxidant,[6] with a particular role in the protection of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA.[7]

In mammals, melatonin is secreted into the blood by the pineal gland in the brain. Known as the "hormone of darkness", it is secreted in darkness in both day-active (diurnal) and night-active (nocturnal) animals.[8]

It may also be produced by a variety of peripheral cells such as bone marrow cells,[9][10] lymphocytes and epithelial cells. Usually, the melatonin concentration in these cells is much higher than that found in the blood but it does not seem to be regulated by the photoperiod.

Melatonin-rich plant feed, such as rice, ingested by chicks has been shown to reach and bind to melatonin receptors in their brains.[11] No food has been found to elevate plasma melatonin levels in humans.[12]

Products containing melatonin have been available over-the-counter as a dietary supplement in the United States since before 1994.[13] In many other countries, sale of the hormone remains illegal or requires a prescription, and the U.S. Postal Service lists melatonin among items prohibited by Germany.[14]
Contents
[hide]

* 1 History
* 2 In plants
* 3 In animals
* 4 In mammals
* 5 In humans
o 5.1 Circadian rhythm
+ 5.1.1 Light dependence
o 5.2 Antioxidant
o 5.3 Immune system
o 5.4 Dreaming
o 5.5 Autism
* 6 Current and potential medical indications
o 6.1 Treatment of circadian rhythm disorders
o 6.2 Preventing ischemic damage
o 6.3 Learning, memory and Alzheimer's
o 6.4 Delirium
o 6.5 ADHD
o 6.6 Fertility
o 6.7 Toxicology
o 6.8 Headaches
o 6.9 Mood disorders
o 6.10 Cancer
o 6.11 Gallbladder stones
o 6.12 Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
o 6.13 Obesity
o 6.14 Other
* 7 Use as medication
o 7.1 Dosage
* 8 Availability and safety
o 8.1 Dietary supplement
o 8.2 Pediatrics
o 8.3 Prolonged release for older patients
o 8.4 Side effects
* 9 See also
* 10 References
* 11 External links

[edit] History

Melatonin is related to the mechanism by which some amphibians and reptiles change the color of their skin and, indeed, it was in this connection the substance first was discovered.[15][16] As early as 1917, McCord and Allen discovered (J Exptl Zool, 1917) that extract of the pineal glands of cows lightened frog skin.[12] Dermatology professor Aaron B. Lerner and colleagues at Yale University, in the hope that a substance from the pineal might be useful in treating skin diseases, isolated and named the hormone melatonin in 1958.[17] In the mid-70s Lynch et al. demonstrated[18] that the production of melatonin exhibits a circadian rhythm in human pineal glands. The discovery that melatonin is an antioxidant was made in 1993.[19] Around the same time, the hormone got a lot of press as a possible treatment for many illnesses.[20] The New England Journal of Medicine editorialized in 2000: "The hype and the claims of the so-called miraculous powers of melatonin several years ago did a great disservice to a scientific field of real importance to human health. (...) Our 24-hour society, with its chaotic time cues and lack of natural light, may yet reap substantial benefits."[21]
[edit] In plants

Melatonin has been identified in many plants.[3] The physiological roles of melatonin in plants involve regulation of their response to photoperiod, defense against harsh environments, and the function of an antioxidant. The latter may be the original function of melatonin in organisms with the others being added during evolution.[22] Melatonin has been reported in foodstuffs including bananas and grapes, rice and cereals, herbs, olive oil, wine and beer. While no food has been found to elevate plasma melatonin levels in humans,[12] when other animals consume melatonin-containing food, blood levels of melatonin do increase.[11]
[edit] In animals

Many animals use the variation in duration of melatonin production each day as a seasonal clock.[23] In animals including humans[24] the profile of melatonin synthesis and secretion is affected by the variable duration of night in summer as compared to winter. The change in duration of secretion thus serves as a biological signal for the organisation of daylength-dependent (photoperiodic) seasonal functions such as reproduction, behaviour, coat growth and camouflage colouring in seasonal animals.[24] In seasonal breeders which do not have long gestation periods and which mate during longer daylight hours, the melatonin signal controls the seasonal variation in their sexual physiology, and similar physiological effects can be induced by exogenous melatonin in animals including mynah birds[25] and hamsters.[26]
[edit] In mammals

Melatonin produced in the pineal gland, which is outside of the blood-brain barrier, acts as an endocrine hormone since it is released into the blood. By contrast, melatonin produced by the retina and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract acts as a paracrine hormone.[citation needed]

Melatonin can suppress libido by inhibiting secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) from the anterior pituitary gland, especially in mammals that have a breeding season when daylight hours are long. The reproduction of long-day breeders is repressed by melatonin and the reproduction of short-day breeders is stimulated by melatonin. During the night, melatonin regulates leptin, lowering the levels; see leptin.

Light/dark information reaches the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN) via retinal photosensitive ganglion cells, intrinsically photosensitive photoreceptor cells, distinct from those involved in image forming (that is, these light sensitive cells are a third type in the retina, in addition to rods and cones). These cells represent approximately 2% of the retinal ganglion cells in humans and express the photopigment melanopsin.[27] The sensitivity of melanopsin is consistent with that of a vitamin A-based photopigment with a peak sensitivity at 484 nm (blue light).[28] This photoperiod cue entrains the circadian rhythm, and the resultant production of specific "dark"- and "light"-induced neural and endocrine signals which regulate behavioral and physiological circadian rhythms. Melatonin is secreted in darkness in both day-active (diurnal) and night-active (nocturnal) animals.[8]
[edit] In humans
[edit] Circadian rhythm

In humans, melatonin is produced by the pineal gland, a gland about the size of a pea, located in the center of the brain but outside the blood-brain barrier. The melatonin signal forms part of the system that regulates the sleep-wake cycle by chemically causing drowsiness and lowering the body temperature, but it is the central nervous system (more specifically, the SCN) that controls the daily cycle in most components of the paracrine and endocrine systems[29][30] rather than the melatonin signal (as was once postulated).

Infants' melatonin levels become regular in about the third month after birth, with the highest levels measured between midnight and 08:00 (8 AM).[31]

In humans, 90% of melatonin is cleared in a single passage through the liver, a small amount is excreted in urine,[32] and a small amount is found in saliva.
[edit] Light dependence

Production of melatonin by the pineal gland is inhibited by light and permitted by darkness. For this reason melatonin has been called "the hormone of darkness". Its onset each evening is called the Dim-Light Melatonin Onset (DLMO). Secretion of melatonin as well as its level in the blood, peaks in the middle of the night, and gradually falls during the second half of the night, with normal variations in timing according to an individual's chronotype.[33] Terman et al. devised a formulation which mimics that gradual washout (vs. the spikes in blood concentration and rapid washout associated with most over-the-counter melatonin tablets). When used several hours before sleep, the compound shifts the circadian clock earlier, thus promoting earlier sleep onset and morning awakening.[34]

It is principally blue light, around 460 to 480nm, that suppresses melatonin,[35] increasingly with increased light intensity and length of exposure. Until recent history, humans in temperate climates were exposed to few hours of (blue) daylight in the winter; their fires gave predominantly yellow light. Wearing glasses that block blue light in the hours before bedtime may avoid melatonin loss. Kayumov et al. showed that light containing only wavelengths greater than 530 nm does not suppress melatonin in bright-light conditions.[36] Use of blue-blocking goggles the last hours before bedtime has also been advised for people who need to adjust to an earlier bedtime, as melatonin promotes sleepiness.
[edit] Antioxidant

Besides its function as synchronizer of the biological clock, melatonin also exerts a powerful antioxidant activity. The discovery of melatonin as an antioxidant was made in 1993.[19] In many less complex life forms, this is its only known purpose.[37] Melatonin is an antioxidant that can easily cross cell membranes and the blood-brain barrier.[6] Melatonin is a direct scavenger of OH, O2−, and NO.[38] Unlike other antioxidants, melatonin does not undergo redox cycling, the ability of a molecule to undergo reduction and oxidation repeatedly. Redox cycling may allow other antioxidants (such as vitamin C) to act as pro-oxidants, counterintuitively promoting free radical formation. Melatonin, on the other hand, once oxidized, cannot be reduced to its former state because it forms several stable end-products upon reacting with free radicals. Therefore, it has been referred to as a terminal (or suicidal) antioxidant.[39]

Recent research indicates that the first metabolite of melatonin in the melatonin antioxidant pathway may be N(1)-acetyl-N(2)-formyl-5-methoxykynuramine (or AFMK) rather than the common, excreted 6-hydroxymelatonin sulfate. AFMK alone is detectable in unicellular organisms and metazoans. A single AFMK molecule can neutralize up to 10 ROS/RNS (reactive oxygen species/reactive nitrogen species) since many of the products of the reaction/derivatives (including melatonin) are themselves antioxidants. This capacity to absorb free radicals extends at least to the quaternary metabolites of melatonin, a process referred to as "the free radical scavenging cascade". This is not true of other, conventional antioxidants.[37]

In animal models, melatonin has been demonstrated to prevent the damage to DNA by some carcinogens, stopping the mechanism by which they cause cancer.[40] It also has been found to be effective in protecting against brain injury caused by ROS release in experimental hypoxic brain damage in newborn rats.[41] Melatonin's antioxidant activity may reduce damage caused by some types of Parkinson's disease, may play a role in preventing cardiac arrhythmia and may increase longevity; it has been shown to increase the average life span of mice by 20% in some studies.[42][43][44]
[edit] Immune system

While it is known that melatonin interacts with the immune system,[45][46] the details of those interactions are unclear. There have been few trials designed to judge the effectiveness of melatonin in disease treatment. Most existing data are based on small, incomplete clinical trials. Any positive immunological effect is thought to result from melatonin acting on high affinity receptors (MT1 and MT2) expressed in immunocompetent cells. In preclinical studies, melatonin may enhance cytokine production,[47] and by doing this counteract acquired immunodeficiences. Some studies also suggest that melatonin might be useful fighting infectious disease[48] including viral, such as HIV, and bacterial infections, and potentially in the treatment of cancer.[49]

Endogenous melatonin in human lymphocytes has been related to interleukin-2 (IL-2) production and to the expression of IL-2 receptor.[50] This suggests that melatonin is involved in the clonal expansion of antigen-stimulated human T lymphocytes. When taken in conjunction with calcium, it is an immunostimulator[citation needed] and is used as an adjuvant in some clinical protocols[citation needed]; conversely, the increased immune system activity may aggravate autoimmune disorders. In rheumatoid arthritis patients, melatonin production has been found increased when compared to age-matched healthy controls.[51]
[edit] Dreaming

Some supplemental melatonin users report an increase in vivid dreaming. Extremely high doses of melatonin (50 mg) dramatically increased REM sleep time and dream activity in both people with and without narcolepsy.[52] Many psychoactive drugs, such as cannabis and lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), increase melatonin synthesis.[52] It has been suggested that nonpolar (lipid-soluble) indolic hallucinogenic drugs emulate melatonin activity in the awakened state and that both act on the same areas of the brain.[52]
[edit] Autism

Individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) may have lower than normal levels of melatonin. A 2008 study found that unaffected parents of individuals with ASD also have lower melatonin levels, and that the deficits were associated with low activity of the ASMT gene, which encodes the last enzyme of melatonin synthesis.[53]
[edit] Current and potential medical indications

Melatonin has been studied for the treatment of cancer, immune disorders, cardiovascular diseases, depression, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), circadian rhythm sleep disorders and sexual dysfunction. Studies by Alfred J. Lewy at Oregon Health & Science University and other researchers have found that it may ameliorate circadian misalignment and SAD.[54] Basic research indicates that melatonin may play a significant role in modulating the effects of drugs of abuse such as cocaine.[55]
[edit] Treatment of circadian rhythm disorders

Exogenous melatonin taken in the evening is, together with light therapy upon awakening, the standard treatment for delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS) and non-24-hour sleep-wake syndrome. It appears to have some use against other circadian rhythm sleep disorders as well, such as jet lag and the problems of people who work rotating or night shifts. Melatonin reduces sleep onset latency to a greater extent in people with DSPS than in people with insomnia.[32]

Taken 30 to 90 minutes before bedtime, melatonin supplementation acts as a mild hypnotic. It causes melatonin levels in the blood to rise earlier than the brain's own production accomplishes. This usage is now commonly used in sleep and relaxation drinks.[56]

A very small dose taken several hours before bedtime in accordance with the phase response curve for melatonin in humans (PRC) doesn't cause sleepiness but, acting as a chronobiotic (affecting aspects of biological time structure),[57] advances the phase slightly and is additive to the effect of using light therapy upon awakening. Light therapy may advance the phase about one to two-and-a-half hours and a small oral dose melatonin, timed correctly some hours before bedtime, can add about 30 minutes to the advance achieved with light therapy.[58]
[edit] Preventing ischemic damage

Melatonin has been shown to reduce tissue damage in rats due to ischemia in both the brain[59] and the heart;[60] however, this has not been tested in humans.
[edit] Learning, memory and Alzheimer's

Melatonin receptors appear to be important in mechanisms of learning and memory in mice,[61] and melatonin can alter electrophysiological processes associated with memory, such as long-term potentiation (LTP). The first published evidence that melatonin may be useful in Alzheimer's disease was the demonstration that this neurohormone prevents neuronal death caused by exposure to the amyloid beta protein, a neurotoxic substance that accumulates in the brains of patients with the disorder.[62] Melatonin also inhibits the aggregation of the amyloid beta protein into neurotoxic microaggregates which seem to underlie the neurotoxicity of this protein, causing death of neurons and formation of neurofibrillary tangles, the other neuropathological landmark of Alzheimer's disease.[63]

Melatonin has been shown to prevent the hyperphosphorylation of the tau protein in rats. Hyperphosphorylation of tau protein can also result in the formation of neurofibrillary tangles. Studies in rats suggest that melatonin may be effective for treating Alzheimer's disease.[64] These same neurofibrillary tangles can be found in the hypothalamus in patients with Alzheimer's, adversely affecting their bodies' production of melatonin. Those Alzheimer's patients with this specific affliction often show heightened afternoon agitation, called sundowning, which has been shown in many studies to be effectively treated with melatonin supplements in the evening.[65]
[edit] Delirium

A randomized placebo-controlled trial, showed that low dose (0.5 mg) melatonin supplementaion to elderly patients admitted to acute Medicine services, significantly reduced delirium.[66]
[edit] ADHD

Research shows that after melatonin is administered to ADHD patients on methylphenidate, the time needed to fall asleep is significantly reduced. Furthermore, the effects of the melatonin after three months showed no change from its effects after one week of use.[67]
[edit] Fertility

A research team in Italy has found that melatonin supplementation in the evening in perimenopausal women produces an improvement in thyroid function and gonadotropin levels, as well as restoring fertility and menstruation and preventing the depression associated with the menopause.[68] However, at the same time, some resources warn women trying to conceive not to take a melatonin supplement.[69] One study reported that three mg of melatonin taken in the evening raised prolactin levels in six out of seven women.[70] Melatonin also lowers FSH levels. It is believed that these hormonal changes could in some women impair fertility.[1]
[edit] Toxicology

Melatonin has a very low toxicity in rats. Rat maternal toxicity: the no observable adverse effect level (NOAEL) and lowest observed adverse effect level (LOAEL) were 100 and 200 mg/kg/day, respectively, and the developmental toxicity NOAEL was >= 200 mg/kg/day.[71]
[edit] Headaches

Several clinical studies indicate that supplementation with melatonin is an effective preventive treatment for migraines and cluster headaches.[72][73]
[edit] Mood disorders

Melatonin has been shown to be effective in treating one form of depression, seasonal affective disorder,[74] and is being considered for bipolar and other disorders where circadian disturbances are involved.[75] It has been observed that bipolar disorder might have, as a "trait marker" (something which is characteristic of being bipolar, that does not change with state), supersensitivity to light, i.e. a greater decrease in melatonin secretion in response to light exposure at night.[76] This could be contrasted with drug-free recovered bipolar patients not showing light hypersensitivity.[77]
[edit] Cancer

A systematic review of unblinded clinical trials involving a total of 643 cancer patients using melatonin found a reduced incidence of death.[78] Another clinical trial is due to be completed in 2012.[79] Melatonin levels at night are reduced to 50% by exposure to a low-level incandescent bulb for only 39 minutes, and it has been suspected that women with the brightest bedrooms have an increased risk for breast cancer.[80] Reduced melatonin production has been proposed as a likely factor in the significantly higher cancer rates in night workers.[81]
[edit] Gallbladder stones

Melatonin presence in the gallbladder has many protective properties, such as converting cholesterol to bile, preventing oxidative stress, and increasing the mobility of gallstones from the gallbladder.[82] It also decreases the amount of cholesterol produced in the gallbladder by regulating the cholesterol that passes through the intestinal wall. In guinea pigs, melatonin administration restored normal function by reducing inflammation after induced Cholecystitis, whether administered before or after onset of inflammation.[82] Relatively speaking, concentration of melatonin in the bile is 2–3 times higher than the otherwise very low daytime melatonin levels in the blood across many diurnal mammals, including humans.[83]
[edit] Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

In animal models, melatonin has been shown to ameliorate glutamate-induced neuronal death, possibly due to its antioxidant effects. In a clinical safety study involving 31 ALS patients, high-dose rectal melatonin (300 mg/day for 2 years) was shown to be tolerated well.[84]
[edit] Obesity

Melatonin is involved in energy metabolism and body weight control in small animals. Many studies show that chronic melatonin supplementation in drinking water reduces body weight and abdominal fat in experimental animals, especially in the middle-aged rats.[85] Interestingly, the weight loss effect of melatonin does not require the animals to eat less and to be physically more active. A potential mechanism is that melatonin promotes the recruitment of brown adipose tissue (BAT) as well as enhances its activity.[86] This effect would raise the basal metabolic rate by stimulating thermogenesis, heat generation through uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria. Whether the results of animal studies can be extrapolated to human obesity is a matter of future clinical trials since substantially active BAT has been identified in adult humans.
[edit] Other

Histologically, it is believed that melatonin has some effects for sexual development in higher organisms.[87] It is involved in the seasonal timing of reproduction in rodents, at least.

Melatonin increases proliferation of cultured neural stem cells obtained from mice nervous tissue.[88]

Exogenous melatonin has also been used in a small clinical trial by Kunz D and Bes F to treat Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, a common neurological condition which, when severe, adversely affects sleep and causes excessive daytime fatigue. The sufferer is affected by mini arousals (often without noticing) during sleep when the limb movements occur in a frequent rhythmic fashion, often involving leg kicking but sometimes also involving the arms. Partners are often the first to notice the condition. In the trial, 7 out of the 9 taking part showed significant improvement.[citation needed]

A veterinarian may recommend melatonin for dogs suffering from aggression or separation anxiety.[citation needed]

The hormone melatonin is used to treat circadian rhythm sleep disorders and some types of insomnia.

Studies have found that the use of melatonin can help entrain the circadian clock to environmental cycles and have beneficial effects for the treatment of certain forms of insomnia.[90] Prolonged release melatonin has shown good results in treating insomnia in older adults.[91]

Other studies have found that for certain types of sleep disorders, melatonin is not effective. A 2006 review found that although it is safe for short term use (of three months or less), there is "no evidence that melatonin is effective in treating secondary sleep disorders or sleep disorders accompanying sleep restriction, such as jet lag and shiftwork disorder."[92] However, a 2004 review found that melatonin significantly increased total sleep time in people suffering from sleep restriction.[32]

In another study, researchers concluded that while "there is some evidence to suggest that melatonin is effective in treating delayed sleep phase syndrome", ... "There is evidence to suggest that melatonin is not effective in treating most primary sleep disorders with short-term use (4 weeks or less)."[93]
[edit] Dosage

Studies from Massachusetts Institute of Technology have said that melatonin pills sold as supplements contain three to ten times the amount needed to produce the desirable physiologic nocturnal blood melatonin level for a more rapid sleep onset. Dosages are designed to raise melatonin levels for several hours[citation needed] to enhance quality of sleep, but some studies suggest that smaller doses (for example 0.3 mg as opposed to 3 mg) are just as effective.[94]

Large doses of melatonin can even be counterproductive: Lewy et al.[95] provide support to the "idea that too much melatonin may spill over onto the wrong zone of the melatonin phase-response curve" (PRC). In one of their blind subjects, 0.5 mg of melatonin was effective while 20 mg was not.[95][96]
[edit] Availability and safety

Melatonin is available without prescription in most cases in the United States and Canada, while it is available only by prescription or not at all in some other countries. The hormone may be administered orally, as capsules, tablets or liquid, sublingually, or as transdermal patches.
[edit] Dietary supplement

In the USA, because it is sold as a dietary supplement and not as a drug, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations that apply to medications are not applicable to melatonin.[4] However, new FDA rules required that by June 2010 all production of dietary supplements must comply with "current good manufacturing practices" (cGMP), and be manufactured with "controls that result in a consistent product free of contamination, with accurate labeling."[97] In addition, the industry has been required to report to the FDA "all serious dietary supplement related adverse events" and the FDA has, within the cGMP guidelines, recently begun enforcement of that requirement.
[edit] Pediatrics

While the packaging of melatonin often warns against use in children, at least one long-term study[98] does assess effectiveness and safety in children. No serious safety concerns were noted in any of the 94 cases studied by means of a structured questionnaire for the parents. With a mean follow up time of 3.7 years, long-term medication was effective against sleep onset problems in 88% of the cases.
[edit] Prolonged release for older patients

Melatonin is available as a prolonged-release prescription drug, trade-name Circadin, manufactured by Neurim Pharmaceuticals. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved Circadin 2 mg (prolonged-release melatonin) for patients who are aged 55 or over, as monotherapy for the short-term treatment (up to 13 weeks) of primary insomnia characterized by poor quality of sleep.[99]
[edit] Side effects

Melatonin appears to cause very few side effects in the short term, up to three months, when healthy people take it at low doses. A systematic review[100] in 2006 looked specifically at efficacy and safety in two categories of melatonin usage: first, for sleep disturbances which are secondary to other diagnoses and, second, for sleep disorders such as jet lag and shift work which accompany sleep restriction.

The study concluded that There is evidence that melatonin is safe with short term use.

A similar analysis[93] by the same team a year earlier on the efficacy and safety of exogenous melatonin in the management of primary sleep disorders found that: There is evidence to suggest that melatonin is safe with short-term use (3 months or less).

Some unwanted effects in some people, especially at high doses (~3 mg/day or more) may include: headaches, nausea, next-day grogginess or irritability, hormone fluctuations, vivid dreams or nightmares[101] and reduced blood flow.

While no large, long-term studies which might reveal side effects have been conducted, there do exist case reports about patients who have taken melatonin for years.[102]

Melatonin can cause somnolence (drowsiness), and therefore caution should be shown when driving, operating machinery, etc.

In individuals with auto-immune disorders, there is concern that melatonin supplementation may ameliorate or exacerbate symptoms due to immunomodulation.[103][104]

Individuals who experience orthostatic intolerance, a cardiovascular condition that results in reduced blood pressure and blood flow to the brain when a person stands, may experience a worsening of symptoms when taking melatonin supplements, a study at Penn State College of Medicine's Milton S. Hershey Medical Center suggests. Melatonin can exacerbate symptoms by reducing nerve activity in those who experience the condition, the study found.[105]

The use of melatonin derived from animal pineal tissue may carry the risk of contamination or the means of transmitting viral material. The synthetic form of this medication does not carry this risk.[4][106]

Please follow these links and do your own Research and deny these NWO, ILLUMINATTI, MASONIC, devil worshipping mass killing bastards the opportunity to not only poisen you, but to also deny you your rights to be part of the ONENESS

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parietal+lobe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

http://www.crystalinks.com/thirdeyepineal.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

And spend some time to think on this if you will................
Frogs,, Snakes,,, Lizards,,,All have this a Parietal eye...........a third eye... where have you seen ancient carvings of these creatures ??

The Pineal Gland could be viewed as,,,,,,,,,,, our very own stargate

Go to youtube and type in THE PINEAL GLAND IS A STAR GATE

love and blessings to all

ahamkara
31st January 2011, 21:34
For years I taught at a Title 1 School (majority of students below poverty line) where all of the children grades K-3 were given flouride tablets daily! The reason given was the lack of flouride in the drinking water. Interesting in light of the behavioral effects mentioned......

13th Warrior
31st January 2011, 21:35
How about remineralizing the water?

My setup removes the chlorine with a whole house filter. For my drinking water, I then remove the fluoride with reverse osmosis and add back in a dash of Willard's Water and good salt. Then I store my drinking water in the refrigerator.

I am presently on the lookout for a good way to increase the magnesium content of my drinking water. What I add back in presently has no magnesium.

Magnesium and sulfur are two; i don't think you could possibly add all the benificial minerals needed?

Masaru Emoto is of the belief that municipal water is so corrupted that it is essentially dead but, by his advice i have labeled my glass water containers with the words "Love and Gratitude" 8^)

David Wolf also has some very interesting things to say about water and water quality.

Paul
31st January 2011, 22:19
Magnesium and sulfur are two; i don't think you could possibly add all the benificial minerals needed?I think that there is a difference between the bulk minerals that one needs in larger quantity and trace minerals. The primary bulk minerals come in two pairs, the first pair being sodium and potassium, and the second pair being calcium and magnesium.

If you look on the Periodic Table, you will see that sodium (Na) and potassium (K) are in the same column, having one electron in the outer shell. The difference between them is in their radius, with potassium being larger, hence a bit weaker bonding. They can replace each other in molecules, changing just the bonding strength. The balance of sodium with potassium is important in most of ones body tissues and closely regulated.

Similarly, calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg) are in the same column of the Periodic Table, the second column, with two electrons in the outer shell. Once again, their primary difference is their radius, with calcium being the larger, hence weaker bonding. Once again, the body keeps these two in a tightly regulated balance.

I am quite willing to get the various trace minerals from different foods or supplements. The body doesn't need much of them, and will gladly take them where it can.

But I make an effort to keep my water not too far out of balance for the bulk minerals noted above, to make it easier for my body to find the elements it needs to maintain the major mineral balances. Well, not quite true, as I do add a pinch of my Sea Salt to each half-gallon of my drinking water, which no doubt adds a smidgen of various trace minerals, in addition to the sodium in it.

Magnesium is the most difficult of the four bulk minerals to consume, and absorb, in optimum quantities. It bonds fairly tightly in many of the salts in which it occurs naturally, so is difficult for the digestion to split off and absorb. I presently rely on Transdermal Magnesium to boost my levels of Magnesium, but that is a trifle less convenient that eating or drinking it as part of ones food or water.

Rocketman
31st January 2011, 23:32
How about remineralizing the water?

You may be interested in treating your water with Prill Beads, which are made from magnesium oxide treated with a proprietary bio-resonance process. The Prill Beads neutralize toxins in the water, raise the pH making the water more alkaline, and structure the water. One place to buy them is here: http://www.globallight.net/Prill-Beads-2-2-Lb-Large-76a.html
To learn more about Prill Beads, do a Google search on "Prill Beads Jim Carter"

Lunar
31st January 2011, 23:41

Vitamin D3

passiglight
1st February 2011, 00:20

Sorry there is so much info here,, its a big subject,,, but hope this info helps,,,,,,,,

Hi folks, doing some research I came across this stuff, which blew me away.

Call me naieve but this is all new stuff to me, and I am learning constantly.

Please be aware, I have copied and pasted this literature, and you must take extreme care with your medical postion.

Do not accept this stuff as true or factual,, please, please do your own research, I just hope it helps to highlight some info for you.

Hand in hand with left hemisphere dominance goes a situation where our pineal glands are underactive and we are chronically short of some key brain biochemicals, such as melatonin, dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and pinoline.

Melatonin is increasingly becoming known for its anti-aging, immune boosting and antioxidant qualities, also its ability to promote healthy sleeping patterns and protect us from electromagnetic pollution. When people begin to supplement with melatonin, many report increased feeling and empathy, leading to more harmonious relationships between family members and friends.

Melatonin levels can be boosted quite simply with supplements. Start with 1mg a night and progress upwards from there at a rate you feel comfortable with. Initially you may feel groggy in the morning – this is due to an excess of melatonin receptors resulting from long term deficiency - this will pass. Take melatonin at bedtime and certainly not before driving or using heavy machinery. Although it was once abundant in our brains, we are now unused to operating in the meditative state it promotes. Melatonin rich foods include montmorency cherries and grasses such as wheat grass and barley grass. Festuca arundinacea grass has the highest melatonin content of any plant. For some recommended suppliers of melatonin are click here.
Pinoline is a MAOI or mono-amine oxidase inhibitor. Monoamine oxidase is an enzyme which breaks down certain neurotransmitters. When MAOI’s are introduced the neurotransmitter levels go up. One way to boost these levels is with ‘Happy Tea’ - passion flower, (which contains analogues of pinoline) mixed with St John’s Wort. Don’t drink more than three or four mugs a day of this tea – as with most herbs moderation is a good idea. MAOI’s also occur in raw cacao - one reason raw chocolate makes people feel good.

DMT (dimethyltryptamine) operates as a neurotransmitter in the brain. It is probably necessary for optimal brain function and is still produced in significant quantities by the pineal gland during peak experiences. It is created in small amounts by the human body during normal metabolism and is in some natural food sources but is broken down by monoamine oxidase. If MAOI’s are being taken in the DMT has more chance of staying in circulation and reaching the brain. MAOI’s should be consumed separately from tyramine rich foods such as animal products including dairy, fermented products, and soy products*.

To increase the DMT and MAOI effects you can supplement with very small daily doses of ayahuasca brew. This can be made up by boiling up two herbs - banisteriopsis caapi and psychotria viridis - together with the juice of an acid fruit such as oranges for several hours. The banisteriopsis contains plentiful supplies of MAOI's, the psychotria DMT. One tablespoonful of a weak brew first thing in the morning is a good starting point. Again, it is important not to consume tyramine rich foods such as animal, dairy, soy or fermented products at the same time. * In large doses ayahuasca can produce very dramatic effects including visions and a substantially altered sense of perception but in these small doses it just wakens the brain up a little, enhancing mood, creativity, inspiration, visual perception, and practical effectiveness.
Passionflower and ayahuasca herbs may be obtained on-line from a number of suppliers.
Meditation also quietens the left side of the brain and can help boost levels of these crucial biochemicals. In our current situation there is a lot to be said for lining the whole lot up - excellent diet, biochemical supplementation, meditative and natural lifestyle etc.

It may be that many spiritual teachers are blessed with particularly good brain biochemistry and so are naturally more tuned into exalted states. Advice along the lines of feeling more love may be as helpful to the rest of us as a cheetah telling a tortoise to run faster. We may genuinely need biochemical help to restore our brain function to a level where it can feel more and the states of consciousness described by the spiritual traditions become reachable. Potentially available to all of us are genius abilities – and also the capacity for deep bliss. At present our powers of creative consciousness are largely kept literally at a dream level. The more conscious we become the greater our ability to manifest our greatest dreams. Humans whose brains were fully connected would feel an automatic empathy with each-other and their environment and would create a happier and more harmonious world.

*Foods to Avoid with MAO Inhibitors
(a few hours before and afterwards)

Mono-amine Oxidase Inhibitors stop monoamine oxidase enzymes working . A side-effect of this is that the monoamine tyramine is also not broken down properly and this can cause unpleasant symptoms and even be dangerous. By taking care, these problems can easily be avoided.
The following categories of food may contain substantial amounts of tyramine and should be avoided in conjunction with maoi's:
Alcohol, Banana Peel, Bean Curd (Tofu), Beans and Peas, Brazils, Cheese, Coconuts, Fish, Ginseng, Miso, Peanuts, Protein Extracts, Meat, Sauerkraut, Shrimp Paste, Soups if they contain miso or protein extracts, Soy Sauce, Tofu, Tempeh, Yeasts, Spoiled, old or fermented food.

Foods to be Consumed in only Small Quantities in conjunction with maoi's:
Aubergines, Avocados, Caffeine, Chocolate, Figs, Other Dairy Products, Nuts, Pineapple, Raspberries, Red Plums, Soy Sauce, Spinach.

Take supplements of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), calcium and vitamin D3 to remove fluoride from your body. I came across this study where fluorisis was reversed in children. I would still expect this treatment to remove any fluoride from your system. It might take years to ‘heal’ your pineal gland, so be prepared. The human body has an amazing capacity to heal itself, so nobody lose hope!

To give a quantum boost to your dream powers, look no further than Silene capensis – the "Xhosa Dream Plant" from South Africa.

I am trying to procure some seeds, I need to look at other sites.

Incidentally, I used to drink lots of iced tea and did notice an vast reduction in dreams… After learning of the extreme amount of fluoride in iced teas, I repented and swore it off for life, and took double the dose of vitamin C… and had a nice dream that night!

Good luck all, DOWN WITH Fluroride!

The pineal gland is the power center for this physical manifestation or reflection of reality which shows who we really are. Or, this reality which we have laid before us in order to learn who we are....in order to better know yourself. Its no secret that this is the greatest journey ever to be undertaken

Links where I have obtained this info from…….In no order……

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread403518/pg2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland
http://www.foodforconsciousness.co.u...age=page&id=25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parietal_eye
Please be aware some of this info is slightly contradicting and therefore
Please please medicate and diet yourselves with extreme caution and awareness. I can not verify any of this info, it is there as a piece of info. Nothing more.

I have copied this from my post in "charles views on diet,,, but i believe it belongs here anyhow

Blessings and love.

Flash
1st February 2011, 02:17
Many thanks to all of you, and particularly Passigflight and The Phytonic Cow, I have read you very carefully. You cannot know how useful you will be for me and my daughter. Thanks a thousand times.
Flash

Omni
1st February 2011, 22:40
Fluoride in water is a major stepping stone to discovering the truth. I have found informing people of fluoride as a great tool in the first steps of opening their minds to who is in power and what is going on. You can't go telling them the level of information you know if they are nowhere near that step of truth. A simple statement of "Why CONSUME something for your TEETH" has opened many peoples minds when I have spoken to people. I do not drink fluoridated water if I can help it. It really disturbs me so many people are oblivious to such a thing. The more I learn about this planet the more I want to not be here.... But I'm here so I do what I can to help things change.

Anyway, thanks for having the courage to post this Bill. :)

brotybro
1st February 2011, 23:20
I made a comment in this thread earlier about how they used to fluoridate the water in the eastern part of my city, because the d.n.d required it on the base. I have never lived in that part of the city.

I did just remember back when I was in public school, They used to make us line up in the hall ways and take dixie cups full of fluoride and swish for a while. They actually went down the line and checked that we were actually doing it because some of us wouldn't actually put it in our mouths(we would just swish air).

If only we really knew what we were doing(maybe we did).

Apogee
11th February 2011, 00:19
I also remember back in the day when that was done in schools. One of the main differences is we also spit it out and not ingest it. Flouride was only supposed to be topical and not something ingested. We have accurate water reports about water content in many canadian cities and let me assure you that fluride is only one of the ingredients we should be concerned with. Calgary's city council has just voted to remove the fluride from the city water. Now if we can get the other cities to agree to drop the forced flouride treatment on living things.

Have a great day

DouglasDanger
11th February 2011, 02:28
The topic of fluoride and if its in bottled water got me curious, I don't drink water, infact I find myself addicted to CoCoa Cola
( I know the ramifacations of diabetes from the bad sugars so we don't need to discuss that)
Coke also bottles Dasani thier version of bottled water, So I pulled up the ingredients of Dasani, (http://www.cocacola.ca/productinfo/your_health_products.htm) the products ingredients lists as follows,
water, magnesium sulphate,Potassium chloride,salt, Ozone,(reverse osmosis, non carbonated,total disolved solids less than 35 ppm, fluoride ions 0 ppm).
this is from coke canada, I don't think they falsely state what is or isn't in thier water and I'm angry as hell that my water supply is fluoridated, also that I was fluoridated since childhood as well, tablets, drops etc all at school, but my water came from a fresh spring well at home and I do take 5000 ul of vitiamin D3 a day now :)

Edit: anyone have a list of bottled water names I can look over to see what they have in thier water? I for the life of me can't think of any others right now

Nanoo Nanoo
13th February 2011, 05:59
Hello Friends , i have been reading so much good info on this thread. May i share with you a good way to clean the water we drink to minimise its toxicity.

First you should have a reverse osmosis system as previously mentioned. a 3 to 5 part reverse system is very effective. This would include a chrcoal filter and Activated Alumina.

Then boil the water after it has been filtered.

Once it cools put it in an open glass jug about 15 cm in diameter that holds about 2 liters, in the chill section of the fridge.

Let it sit till you get the top of the water start to freeze. it will make a small disc of frozen water about 5 mm to 1 cm thick and about the diameter of the jug.

Remove this disc and throw away. The rest of the water under it will taste like good old rain water. You may add a slice of lemon ( if you dont have acidity problem ) or a few drops of vinegar ( if you do suffer from acidity ) Some may be able to elaborate on these additives.

Most standard filters wont take the fluoride out of the water. it does need to be a good reverse osmosis system with an activated alumina filter in line. These are not too expensive. Anywhere from $300 to $600 .

Hope this is useful

: 0 ) N

Paul
14th February 2011, 07:30
Let it sit till you get the top of the water start to freeze. it will make a small disc of frozen water about 5 mm to 1 cm thick and about the diameter of the jug.Can you describe what (1) the boiling, and (2) the discarding of the ice disk do to improve the water (given that it has already passed the other filters)?

modwiz
14th February 2011, 07:42
Let it sit till you get the top of the water start to freeze. it will make a small disc of frozen water about 5 mm to 1 cm thick and about the diameter of the jug.Can you describe what (1) the boiling, and (2) the discarding of the ice disk do to improve the water (given that it has already passed the other filters)?

#2. Frisbee for the Inuit.

Nanoo Nanoo
14th February 2011, 10:49

Hello Paul , Im glad to offer my reasoning :)

when you do a reverse osmosis you will take out some of the chemicals that actually keeps the water safe ie Chloride. So its a good idea to boil it to kill off any bacteria then cool it.

Now my reasoning for the throwing of the disc or frizbee ( lol ).. Do you recall years ago pouring a scotch over some ice ? Do you remember the ice cracking ? mainly because of the difference in temp between the ice and the alcohol right ? Well try to do that today with tap water ice cubes and see what happens.. the ice cubes don't crack anymore. why that is i dont know but in my experimentation ive found the water to taste better when i do the disc throwing ceremony .. Im also theorising that some of the contaminants may have less density and float to the top of the water and freeze into the disc.

What i havent done is freeze some purified water and have a scotch .. hmmm ( its a sin i know )

Hope its been helpful :)

Paul
14th February 2011, 10:59
when you do a reverse osmosis you will take out some of the chemicals that actually keeps the water safe ie Chloride. So its a good idea to boil it to kill off any bacteria then cool it.
Ok - I see what you're thinking. My thinking would be along a slightly different line. I figure once the chlorine is removed (by an appropriate charcoal state, usually, not the reverse osmosis) then the water becomes "perishable" (easier for germs to grow in.) But then the reverse osmosis will remove any germs, just as well as boiling does, if not better.

So I immediately chill my water, after it has gone threw the reverse osmosis, so that it remains germ free.

Hmm ... on the other hand ... my reverse osmosis water actually sits in the pressure holding tank, at room temperature, after the reverse osmosis, before I draw it and chill it. If the pressure holding tank were contaminated, then boiling would be useful. Something to think about.

As to the ice frizbee, I'll have to sit on that one. Perhaps it will correlate with something else I notice in the future.

Thanks.

Open your eyes
14th February 2011, 11:57
Hi all
Firstly i just want to thank bill for sharing this, cheers mate.
Could anybody tell me the solutions for extracting the fluoride out of our water? I have minimal money ( litterally got 50 pound to my name) does boiling it work? Also i have a tap at home which supposedly filters my tap water, do you think this might be the case? Ordo you think its nonesense?

Thanks.alex

Nanoo Nanoo
14th February 2011, 17:10
Boiling water will not get rid of the Fluorine. You can however buy an Activated Alumina filter for about 20 squid, that is most effective. The cheapest way if youre counting pennies is to boil the water and collect the vapour. Fluorine has a boiling point of about 180 c and water flashes off at 100 c .. so in theory the water vapour boiling off should leave behind most of the fluorine.

slipknotted
14th February 2011, 18:45
all of us should call our city, state, town, country etc...... and do the same thing, we aiso can get a petition going where you live and go door to door and inform the public of what flouride does to them, we all should arm our selves with the lastest studies and info we can get and there is alot, i'm doing it in las vegas how about you ?

Lettherebelight
14th February 2011, 19:00
I live in the south of England where we have very sadly lost a recent battle in the High court against the South Central Strategic Health Authority. This is in spite of 70% of citizens surveyed opposing the plan for fluoridation. As of now we will be receiving fluoridated water whether we want it or not.

The group, Hampshire against Fluoridation (HAF) fought valiantly on purely scientific grounds for three years. It would appear that your source is correct, Bill, there seems to be very little anyone can do to halt the spread of fluoridation in the UK.

Lettherebelight
14th February 2011, 19:12
I would like to warn other UK citizens, that the South Central Strategic Health Authority (SCSHA), was created solely for the purpose of implementing fluoridation. It was due to be dissolved as a group in a matter of weeks. Be on the look out for other 'Strategic Health Authorities' popping up out of no where in your area. This was a pilot run of the program, we almost had them beat.

But I think Bill's source was spot on in recommending lobbying the government in as many numbers as possible. This may be the only course of action to take, as they are not interested in listening to small groups of well mannered professionals voicing logical and scientific opposition.

Here's the HAF website:

http://hampshireagainstfluoridation.blogspot.com/

In response to the case the High Court has said that no court can interfere with the Strategic Health Authority (SHA) and their plans for fluoridating water supplies.

buffski
14th February 2011, 19:20
Hi Lettherebelight... have there been any protest demos at the plants where it gets added yet?

Lettherebelight
14th February 2011, 19:26
Not yet, but that's a good shout, Buffski. The actual equipment is not in place yet, the local council will be responsible for it's installation.

Makes you laugh though,it's going to cost the local authority thousands and thousands, yet they've just had to make many cuts and redundancies in council jobs recently. Where is the money coming from?!

buffski
14th February 2011, 19:51
sabotage? :) just a random thought....sit on the pipe. x

Lettherebelight
14th February 2011, 19:55
Yeah, or refuse to pay the water bill? (another recent introduction by water companies, water meters)

Here are links to videos of HAF opposition, and Prof. Paul Connett (chemistry, St Lawrence University , New York) speaking in Southampton:

http://hafvideos.blogspot.com/

sheddie
14th February 2011, 20:04
Thank you for letting us know lettherebelight..........

Damn, I have been watching this and waiting for the verdict. I live in the Cotswolds and we could be next! This is sooooo not okay. :eek: I should imagine other authorities were watching and waiting for the verdict before acting. We need to work out a plan to inform the public. Any ideas anyone?

x

4th Sky
14th February 2011, 20:05
I live in Calgary, AB and as another poster mentioned, City council voted last week to discontinue adding Fluoride to the water.

If someone has the idea to attempt something similar in their municipality you may want to take note of the materials that were used in this particular decision so that you know what kind of information will be taken seriously. The following link is to the City of Calgary council agenda for Feb 7, 2010. Scroll down to the item 9.3.1 and click the link to get a list of pdf materials that were used in the argument against fluoride.

http://agendaminutes.calgary.ca/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=115&doctype=AGENDA

It's important to note that timing is everything. The real push behind the change was not just for health reasons, but the fact that the fluoride systems in two water treatment plants were due for an upgrade at a cost of 2-5 million dollars. Also there's about a 600k yearly cost to keep the water fluoridated. At a time where the city is looking to cut costs this is a great thing to give the axe to. However you have to overcome the public perception that you are jeopardizing citizen health by removing the fluoride.That's where the materials I linked come in to play in your own municipalities. Time your actions to save the city money and use the materials and methods in the link to overcome the health perceptions and you can win the fluoridation battle.

Connecting with Sauce
14th November 2011, 11:34
I distill my water and then remineralise it with a few items (one is sea salt for fish tanks to create sea water but ina much lower ppm rate as sea water has HIGH levels of Magnesium) and then vortex it...

A lot of good water info is on the original water thread:
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7340

Not sure if a thread here contains this info or not...

Unified Serenity
14th November 2011, 13:22
I like the Berkey water filters. They are reasonably priced and this filter will remove arsenic and fluoride.

http://www.berkeywaterfilterstore.com/arsenic-flouride.php

Frederick Jackson
18th February 2014, 03:23
I'm trained as a water resource engineer - I have worked in water treatment facilities, and designed them (though only in an academic setting). I do however design water infrastructure and can assure you that municipalities are extremely protective of their water systems and the possibility of any contamination.

This is because municipal water is subjected to daily testing at point sources, constant quality monitoring using sophisticated hardware inside the plant itself. Alarms go off if certain levels are exceeded - i.e. turbidity which is the 'suspended particles' in the water, and if the alarm is going off, the naked eye will not be able to see these particles generally. Municipal water is subjected to borderline insane levels of third party scrutiny before it reaches your taps - at least since Walkerton.

If you don't believe me ask your local treatment plant to take you on a tour. Then ask a water bottling company for the same deal. Bet you wont get past the front desk on the second one, and even if you do, you will still be amazed at the stark contrast in technology, cleanliness and the like.

If anyone has any questions on this, and I have not proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to you that bottled water is a scam, please PM me and I will send you some links to video's / legal documents etc. Don't have it at my finger tips but can provide on request.

Edit: And if this doesn't convince you, at least you can still drink beer!

Absolutely. A Washington Post article 25 years ago did a comprehensive quantitative analysis of bottled waters and City of Alexandria (Virginia) tap water. Of all the bottled waters the cheapest ranked best. This was Giant foodstore brand. But the tap water far exceeded ALL bottled water for quality. Fluoride? Some bottle water comes right from a city water supply, so who knows. And then there is the toxic effect of the PB-A in the plastic bottles, ironically acting in much the same way as the fluoride in the tap water, as endocrine disruptors: Either way your fertility is going to be reduced.

Paul
26th April 2014, 06:49
Well, it took three years, but I found a way to increase the magnesium content of my drinking water.

Karen Vaughan has a good description of the process at How to Make Magnesium Bicarbonate Water (http://www.acupuncturebrooklyn.com/how-tos/how-to-make-magnesium-bicarbonate-water).

One can get the "soda water" (water with lots of dissolved carbon dioxide) in a liter bottle at the store, or one can make it using a SodaStream (for gadget addicts such as myself.)

It happens that (1) many magnesium salts don't dissolve very well in water, but that (2) magnesium bicarbonate not only dissolves in water, but exists -only- in aqueous solution. As explained here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_bicarbonate), trying to dry a magnesium bicarbonate solution causes the magnesium bicarbonate to decompose, yielding magnesium carbonate, carbon dioxide, and water. The key to essential mineral supplementation is to use forms that dissolve in water, and in the case of magnesium, this bicarbonate solution is the definite winner.

... of course, I haven't forsaken my favorite means of magnesium supplementation - chocolate :).

Presently I am putting the following into each 64 ounces of purified (RO, as described here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?39198-What-s-the-best-water-purifier-system&p=409798&viewfull=1#post409798), then distilled) water, to make my drinking water:

1 Tablespoon of Sole (http://wellnessmama.com/12158/make-sole/) (saturated Redmond Real Salt solution)
Approx 1 Tablespoon of Willard's Water
Approx 1 or 2 Tablespoon's of the above full strength magnesium bicarbonate solution.
1 Tablespoon of potassium bicarbonate (from nuts.com)
1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)

I end up with approx 300 to 400 parts per million of dissolved solids, using my little TDS meter (http://amzn.com/B000VTQM70). The exact amount is not critical, in my view, as the kidneys can easily adjust the mineral concentrations of urine it outputs in order to achieve the desired balances remaining in the body, just so long as it has an ample, but not overwhelming, supply of the necessary inputs of good water and the various minerals, and a minimum of the various undesirable toxins in most bottled or municipal water.

I am also experimenting with strong magnets on both my blender and my Sole jar. I have no "scientific" way of measuring the results, but I suppose that the magnets will help restructure the water in a healthy way.

For the video lovers, here are a couple of relevant Youtube videos:
-kVFjQ-ZrEs
WMsxcZIXDxc

Hervé
15th June 2014, 17:06
The Lancet: Fluoride IS a Neurotoxin! (http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/the-lancet-fluoride-is-neurotoxin.html)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fVj7cP0ztDQ/U5uBlzTk_uI/AAAAAAAAc_U/z76yL_KAhZs/s1600/FluorideDees11.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fVj7cP0ztDQ/U5uBlzTk_uI/AAAAAAAAc_U/z76yL_KAhZs/s1600/FluorideDees11.jpg)

Dees Illustration (http://www.dees2.com/) Catherine J. Frompovich

Activist Post (http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/the-lancet-fluoride-is-neurotoxin.html)

Who would have thought that it ever would have happened? Someone in mainstream medicine and peer reviewed literature and journals would publish the ‘unthinkable’: fluoride, the stuff they put into municipal water supplies supposedly to ‘protect’ teeth from cavities, is a neurotoxin. Wow! And congratulations to doctors Philippe Grandjean, MD, and Philip J Landrigan, MD, two researchers who published their findings in The Lancet Neurology, Volume 13, Issue 3, Pages 330 to 338, March 2014. [1]

In the Summary published for their article, it states that
Neurodevelopmental disabilities, including autism, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments, affect millions of children worldwide, and some diagnoses seem to be increasing in frequency. [CJF emphasis added] Probably nothing more can confirm that as scientific, demographic, and the horrible truth! And, everyone—not just children—are paying the consequences for all chemical exposures. Now let’s see if Drs. Granjean and Landrigan will have the scientific integrity to expose neurotoxins in vaccines for what they truly are. I’d like to give them a reference where to start looking for ideas: My 2013 book Vaccination Voodoo, What YOU Don’t Know About Vaccines (http://www.amazon.com/Vaccination-Voodoo-What-About-Vaccines/dp/1484923820/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=permacultucom-20), available on Amazon.com.

In that book I also mention fluoride. Why? Because what is not documented by peer reviewed ‘science’ journals is the chemical interaction(s) between fluoride and vaccine neurotoxins and other vaccine chemicals. Add to that list, the chemicals we are forced to eat in our food, especially glyphosate from inordinate spraying of genetically modified crops such as corn, sugar beets, soy, canola, alfalfa animal feed, and possibly squash and potatoes.

Add to that all the herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, etc. that are sprayed on fruits, vegetables, and animal feeds that get into the food chain BIG time. For more information about those “…cides,” which are intended to kill life forms, readers and both doctors may want to read my 2010 book Our Chemical Lives And The Hijacking Of Our DNA, A Probe Into What’s Probably Making Us Sick (http://www.amazon.com/Our-Chemical-Lives-And-Hijacking/dp/1439255369/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=permacultucom-20), also available on Amazon.com.

Any chemical whose purpose is to kill a life form must be considered as a neurotoxin, endocrine disruptor, or carcinogen – at a minimum – in my opinion as a consumer health researcher for almost 37 years.

Not to digress from the importance of this article about fluoride, but the USA can put a nation back to work by cleaning up the environment from toxicity once the chemical and pharmaceutical industries are exposed for what they truly are: Biohazards!

Here’s a short YouTube regarding fluoridation of water in other countries.

SBnu76__LZE

According to the British Fluoridation Society as of November 2012 [2], the following countries fluoridate portions of their population:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OUvttJn2uZA/U5uBWKN47eI/AAAAAAAAc_M/WEcsIx-sGpU/s1600/country_list.png (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OUvttJn2uZA/U5uBWKN47eI/AAAAAAAAc_M/WEcsIx-sGpU/s1600/country_list.png)

So, what has the addition of fluoride to municipal water supplies done for human health? Not very much, except cause health problems [3], including:

A Harvard study shows that fluoride lowers IQ in children. [4] [6]
Crippling bone disease, i.e., skeletal fluorosis [5]
Severe dental fluorosis, instead of protecting teeth. If you don’t know what that looks like, here’s a file showing dental fluorosis (https://www.google.com/search?q=severe+dental+fluorosis&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=31KbU4CnMfbNsQTy1YCQAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=993&bih=550).

One would think with the publication in 2010 that kid’s IQs are adversely and negatively impacted, federal, state and city governments would have stopped municipal water fluoridation immediately. No! they have not, and it’s now 2014. Does that mean that water fluoridation has a purpose which is not being acknowledged? Could it be the deliberate dumbing-down of the U.S. population? Or, could it be to make more business for dentists, doctors, and the pharmaceutical industry? What do you think?

Notes:
[1] http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(13)70278-3/fulltext#article_upsell (http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422%2813%2970278-3/fulltext#article_upsell)

[2] http://fluoridealert.org/content/bfs-2012/

[3] http://fluoridealert.org/issues/health/

[4] http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/07/effects-of-fluoride-to-children.aspx

[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_fluorosis

[6] http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ehp.1104912.pdf

Resource:
Dr. Rima Truth Reports / Fluoride Facts and Myths
http://drrimatruthreports.com/fluoride-facts-and-myths/

Catherine J Frompovich (website (http://www.catherinejfrompovich.com/)) is a retired natural nutritionist who earned advanced degrees in Nutrition and Holistic Health Sciences, Certification in Orthomolecular Theory and Practice plus Paralegal Studies. Her work has been published in national and airline magazines since the early 1980s. Catherine authored numerous books on health issues along with co-authoring papers and monographs with physicians, nurses, and holistic healthcare professionals. She has been a consumer healthcare researcher 35 years and counting.

peterpam
15th June 2014, 19:25
I live in the south of England where we have very sadly lost a recent battle in the High court against the South Central Strategic Health Authority. This is in spite of 70% of citizens surveyed opposing the plan for fluoridation. As of now we will be receiving fluoridated water whether we want it or not.

The group, Hampshire against Fluoridation (HAF) fought valiantly on purely scientific grounds for three years. It would appear that your source is correct, Bill, there seems to be very little anyone can do to halt the spread of fluoridation in the UK.

It blows my mind that flouride in water would actually be initiated in this day and age. There is increasing urgency to dumb down the populous. How can that be that 70 % of citizens don't want that crap in there water and its going in anyway. Are we supposed to be so stupid that we believe these fumbling governments that can barely function are greatly concerned about our dental health? I am so frustrated with all this crap. I am so sorry for you. Watch out for bottled water as well.

peterpam
15th June 2014, 19:35
I wanted to add something I found interesting from a Dr. Mercola article I read today. The article is about thyroid disfunction but I found this portion very interesting. He is interviewing Dr. Jonathan Wright in the article.

Thyroid disease is one of the most common health problems we face today. From a practical standpoint, there are many ways to approach this issue. In this interview, Dr. Jonathan Wright, a pioneer in natural medicine, shares his protocols for addressing thyroid dysfunction.

Hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid, is a very common problem, and there are many reasons for this, including drinking chlorinated and fluoridated water, and eating brominated flour.

Chlorine, fluoride, and bromine are all in the same family as iodine, and can displace iodine in your thyroid gland.

Secondly, many people simply aren't getting enough iodine in their diet to begin with. The amount you get from iodized salt is just barely enough to prevent you from getting a goiter.

A third principal cause of hypothyroidism is related to elevated reverse T3 levels. Interestingly, 95 percent of the time, those with elevated reverse T3 levels will see their levels revert back to normal after undergoing chelation with EDTA and DMPS, which draw out cadmium, lead, mercury, and other toxic metals. In essence, heavy metal toxicity can cause a functional form of hypothyroidism.

"It's very well-known that lead and cadmium interfere with testosterone production," Dr. Wright says. "What's not so well-known is that reverse T3 is stimulated by toxic metals, so up it goes.

In effect, we can have levels that are so high, they way outnumber the regular T3. You're functionally hypothyroid even if your TSHs and free T3s happen to be normal."

So not only does flouride dumb you down, it depletes your thyroid of iodine.

Lettherebelight
15th June 2014, 21:19
Just as an update on the situation here in Hampshire, after meeting with much opposition, the Southwest Strategic Health Authority(SWSHA) was unsuccessful in implementing the plan to flouridate the public water supply. They were disbanded according to the time limit they were given to exist.

Now Public Health England (PHE), will deal with any plans for flouridation. If they take the matter up again, they will meet with continued public opposition and will have to go to court against the people of Hampshire.

If you live in England, have you heard of the PHE? I have not until this year. Southern Water has said that although they do not fluoridate water in Hampshire at present, if they are ordered to by the PHE, they would be obliged to do so, as they are a government group, even though they are non-elected.

peterpam
17th June 2014, 15:21
I am happy for the victory in Hampshire!!!!

This is another positive thing that I saw today regarding fluoridation of water. Apparently Costco, a very popular big box store in the US has an article in this months members monthly magazine debating the pros and cons of fluoride!!!!!I received this email today from Fluoride news:

It is so uplifting to see this issue come to the masses. I have been laughed at and ridiculed for years for taking a stand regarding fluoride, in the workplace as a nurse and personally. Now the truth seems to be finding its way to the light.

Costco Fluoridation Article & Poll

The largest food wholesaler in the world, with a membership of over 70 million, included an article on fluoridation in their monthly magazine that goes out to their members. The June article, entitled “Should Community Drinking Water Be Fluoridated?” features contrasting arguments on the practice from American Dental Association spokesman Howard Pollick, BDS, MPH, and FAN’s Director Paul Connett, PhD.

On the right hand side of the article is a poll question on fluoridation. The results will appear in the July issue of the publication. Please take a moment to vote NO on water fluoridation.

Violet
17th June 2014, 16:07
0.093 mg/l fluoride in Belgian tap water. :confused: Is that bad or very bad?

Also what do the dry residue numbers mean?

source: http://www.hidrodoe.be/over-water/wat-is-water/samenstelling

onawah
17th June 2014, 17:16
Here's the link for the Costco article, and you can vote for or against fluoridation there, as well:
http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201406#pg21

Paul
18th June 2014, 05:31
Some good news: Lancet: Flouride OFFICIALLY classified as a neurotoxin... It's about time!! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?72301-Lancet-Flouride-OFFICIALLY-calssified-as-a-neurotoxin...-It-s-about-time--).

Hervé
24th June 2014, 18:55
Some good news: Lancet: Flouride OFFICIALLY classified as a neurotoxin... It's about time!! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?72301-Lancet-Flouride-OFFICIALLY-calssified-as-a-neurotoxin...-It-s-about-time--).

???

From post #93, above:

The Lancet: Fluoride IS a Neurotoxin! (http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/the-lancet-fluoride-is-neurotoxin.html)

[...]

Activist Post (http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/the-lancet-fluoride-is-neurotoxin.html)

Who would have thought that it ever would have happened? Someone in mainstream medicine and peer reviewed literature and journals would publish the ‘unthinkable’: fluoride, the stuff they put into municipal water supplies supposedly to ‘protect’ teeth from cavities, is a neurotoxin. Wow! And congratulations to doctors Philippe Grandjean, MD, and Philip J Landrigan, MD, two researchers who published their findings in The Lancet Neurology, Volume 13, Issue 3, Pages 330 to 338, March 2014. [1]
[...]

onawah
26th June 2014, 02:44
Scientists Confirm Israel Health Minister's Fluoridation Concerns are Justified
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scientists-confirm-israel-health-ministers-fluoridation-concerns-are-justified-264615611.html

NEW YORK, June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Scientists and professionals from around the world applaud the decision made by Israel Health Minister, Yael German, to end mandatory fluoridation in Israel to protect the health of Israelis and decry the political backlash she's received to reverse her scientifically sound decision, reports the Fluoride Action Network (FAN).

The letter describes that:

delivering medicine via the water supply is reckless
swallowing fluoride delivers risks without benefits
over 100 animal and 45+ human studies link fluoride to brain deficits
non-fluoridated and fluoridated countries have similar cavity rates
low-income families can achieve better dental health by safer means
the US FDA says fluoride is an unapproved drug
fluoride-overdose symptoms – dental fluorosis (discolored teeth) - is prevalent among
America's youth. Racial disparities in the U.S. exist for Black and Mexican American youth as this demographic have significantly higher levels of the more severe forms of dental fluorosis-while the US still faces a dental health crisis.

They write: "Your position is a model for the public health community both in Israel and in our respective communities. It is sound, based on the current literature and the need to protect the health of citizens from unnecessary ingestion of fluoride."

The scientists offer to send Paul Connett, PhD, co-author of The Case Against Fluoride, to Israel to debate any pro-fluoridation expert.

According to Professor Paul Connett, director of the Fluoride Action Network,

"I doubt very much that we will need to purchase an air ticket to do this because almost invariably when the very vocal promoters of fluoridation are challenged to debate their confidence seems to evaporate. But sadly they frequently get away with their bullying tactics because so few people are knowledgeable on the scientific details of this issue and do not realize how weak the pro-fluoridation position is, despite the 'impressive' endorsements it receives in pro-fluoridation countries like the U.S."

For the text of the letter and a full listing of the signers go to http://fluoridealert.org/content/open-letter-to-the-health-minister-of-israel/

Additionally, over 4600 professionals signed onto a FAN petition opposing fluoridation here: http://www.fluoridealert.org/researchers/professionals-statement/text/

Any professional who wants to sign onto either the open letter or the professionals' statement can contact ellen@fluoridealert.org with name, address and credentials.

http://www.FluorideAction.Net

SOURCE Fluoride Action Network

Paul
2nd July 2014, 01:01
???
Hmm ... looks like I'd better look for additional sources of neurotoxic fluorides in my diet :)