PDA

View Full Version : AVALON forever!!!! (Another "what's wrong with this forum" rant)

crosby
18th March 2012, 07:47
i have been watching this forum for several weeks now. i am bewildered at what i see. all of the chaos created regarding channeled information. like any of you anti-channelors really know anything different or what the truth really is. AND PIE IS GONE!

this is a forum of strength, of community. we are supposed to stand together, bugger that idea that we can discern one ideal from another. i am totally sick and tired of seeing so much bull sh*t. i have never seen so much at one time. and i can tell you right now, i will not tolerate it on this thread.

list, and speak about why you want to be here. and don't you dare take this thread for granted, it will not be tolerated.
CORSON

as an addendum, i would like Bill Ryan to see this. i think that it would be important for him to take a look at what is happening on this forum.

tonius
18th March 2012, 08:07
I hope you understand that by the way you have layered your thoughts in this post, its tone, at least from your aproach, you are promoting what you say you want to prevent: I already see the direction it is taking , and you started it ... :)

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 08:43
Well said Corson......I am open to most things as we have no diffinative proof of what is possible true fact/reality and what is
disinfo guesswork and conjecture !! I tend to keep to nuts and bolts issues , but like all aspects of the field I originally
and still do to a degree think everyone to their own as long as the discussions are relitvely polite and civil, and when
disagreements over interpretation or belief arrise people agree to disagree, untill new information is forthcomming,
and stop getting their preverbial 'knickers in a twist'...

There are many subjects I disagree with and those I enjoy others are not drawn to, but I don't throw my 'dummy
out of the pram and have a hissy fit'...Sure there are times I feel frustrated or annoyed at some article or other
but thats all part of learning curve ....The subjects we discuss are so vast that many truths and lies are possible
at the same time and one thing is for sure nothing is 'Black and White' as mainstream news would have you
believe.

Channelled information is obviously a target for disinfo and with all the electronic information tech available
sure directed information could be downloaded into anyones brains as thay are all electro biological recievers.
Bill told us the story of him and Jake Simpson on the beach , where they were pretty sure their conversation
was interrupted and forced them to stop by some sort of outside interferrance....

On the otherhand if some ET's are telepathic as many claim channelling is as valid as any other medium.
Its like anything its not always the messenger that counts but the message !!
I am split at the momment I don't join into many of the channeled threads , but there are two
I am interrested in the Billy Meier case interrest me which does involve some telepathic downloads.
The Ion material which Ion says is not a channel ,but a change in the 'Enviroment' of communication!!

Many of the main witnesses.researchers as far as I can tell have had some degree of contact with
either their non-physical , ET or some other entitity.....Bill ,Kerry , David Icke ,Bob Dean and
many others have made reference to this at some time or other in their interviews/presentations..
As said there is good information sprinkled with intentional or unintentional disinformation...
But we don't want to 'throw the baby out with bath water' just as we have established good
discussion forums on the net....Remember what Charles said its his job and others to keep
the water as muddy as possible !! Its ours to make them clear !!

Cheers steve..

crosby
18th March 2012, 08:55
well, i do 'throw my dummy out of the pram, and will occasionally have a hissy fit. i am having a major meltdown. and, i am allowed to do so. most will read the initial op., and decide whether or not they want to be here. IF THEY DO NOT HAVE SOMETHING OF SUBSTANCE TO OFFER HERE, WELL, they know what i am going to say.

this forum is in jeopardy. plain and simple. and i challenge everyone to come forward and voice their concerns. i know that i cannot answer all of them, but i know that most of them deserve a "Bugger off!" let's see where this takes us, shall we?
regards, corson

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 09:02
Fair enough if you are up for a 'Feck ---' session good for you !!!...Steve

ICtSecAq9JE

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:03
I am UP for saving this forum. Bill Ryan needs to be here. and he should be.
warmest, corson

tonius
18th March 2012, 09:04
[Mod-edit: the contents of this quoted post was deleted. -Paul.]

Well, at least you are keeping the spirit of the thread alive.

As for my posts, i know, they lack channeled messages and ufo sightings, sorry for that i try to stick as much as i can to my own understandings and talk only about them. It was not ment to be an offence against you, but at least you are being honest and direct in your answer, and i appreciate that, little tired of being answered, covered with love and light when the hidden meaning is the opposite.

Its clear you are angry about something but i assure you i didn't cause it, at least not intentionally. Avalon is not a cult so please let people say whatever they want, thats the idea behind a free spirit , isn't it.
In my posts its very clear why i am here, in fact its all i write about, but i can tell you now why i am not here to do, to give the finger to people and dictate what they say.

Good luck with your cult aspirations.

spiritguide
18th March 2012, 09:09
Just bringing food to this table of thought and partaking of the other foods made available at this table. Can't wait to see what's for dessert!

:peace:

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 09:12
You were going quite well Tonius untill the last sentence, There is no cults on here as far as I can see !!!
Much truth seeking and speculation abound....

There have been many agitators that have come and gone, wether intentional or not !!
But the vast majority of us were drawn here for like minded interrest, knowledge
and disclosure ....imho... But there must still be agitators here !!!...Steve

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:19
[Mod-edit: the contents of this quoted post was deleted. -Paul.]

As for my posts, i know, they lack channeled messages and ufo sightings, sorry for that i try to stick as much as i can to my own understandings and talk only about them. It was not ment to be an offence against you, but at least you are being honest and direct in your answer, and i appreciate that, little tired of being answered, covered with love and light when the hidden meaning is the opposite.

Its clear you are angry about something but i assure you i didn't cause it, at least not intentionally. Avalon is not a cult so please let people say whatever they want, thats the idea behind a free spirit , isn't it.
In my posts its very clear why i am here, in fact its all i write about, but i can tell you now why i am not here to do, to give the finger to people and dictate what they say.

No, you did not cause my anger. And thank you for posting something other than just your opinion. It is important. With 59 posts you could not have made anybody angry......... Just remember, this thread is about the forum. and although i sound angry, it's what i'm projecting.......anger!!!! lol. i want some responses here, and i want to give some answers..... it has nothing to do with you.

and everybody that gives the same answer that you have will get the same response.
corson

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 09:22
warmest, corson

Just as a different perspective, I am having a great time here with a group that are creating some interesting experiments and directions, simply out of synergy and interest in doing things differently. I'm not interested in most of the threads because I'm simply not interested in things I can't do anything about, I'm not into reinventing the wheel over and over again which many threads do, I'm not into shredding an individual because of personal bias which many of the threads do, I'm not into the mindvirus that is alive and well in quite a number of the threads, so I have taken a different tack and simply offered my own perspective and expression here regarding the things that, to me personally, are transformative. I have no desire to go about creating a community with any Being that doesn't have a handle on Sui Generis- it's just how I am, so I'm out here in this forum discovering what that looks like, so that I'll have more of a clue regarding bringing it into physical reality.

I don't know about the forum needing saving, I'm not into that as a mind set so I can't offer any useful perspective on that. It is what it is, it does what it does, it reflects whatever it is that we are wanting/needing reflected, it's a perfect resource for The Mirror and I'm enjoying things here immensely. :) I don't expect consensus, homogeny of thought, perspective or anything at all, I love cutting edge evolution in my Self and that of other individuals so I know I'm aiming for a very very small band of Beings. Statistically, that's not going to be much out of the 2000 odd individuals registered here and an even smaller number of those that are active. That's perfect for me personally as one of the things I'm going for in my life is Low Irritation Factor. Being too heavily involved with the Idiocracy, in whatever form it's emerging, isn't my cup of tea. :)

Speaking of tea.... *wanders off in search of tea*

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:25
warmest, corson

Just as a different perspective, I am having a great time here with a group that are creating some interesting experiments and directions, simply out of synergy and interest in doing things differently. I'm not interested in most of the threads because I'm simply not interested in things I can't do anything about, I'm not into reinventing the wheel over and over again which many threads do, I'm not into shredding an individual because of personal bias which many of the threads do, I'm not into the mindvirus that is alive and well in quite a number of the threads, so I have taken a different tack and simply offered my own perspective and expression here regarding the things that, to me personally, are transformative. I have no desire to go about creating a community with any Being that doesn't have a handle on Sui Generis- it's just how I am, so I'm out here in this forum discovering what that looks like, so that I'll have more of a clue regarding bringing it into physical reality.

I don't know about the forum needing saving, I'm not into that as a mind set so I can't offer any useful perspective on that. It is what it is, it does what it does, it reflects whatever it is that we are wanting/needing reflected, it's a perfect resource for The Mirror and I'm enjoying things here immensely. :) I don't expect consensus, homogeny of thought, perspective or anything at all, I love cutting edge evolution in my Self and that of other individuals so I know I'm aiming for a very very small band of Beings. Statistically, that's not going to be much out of the 2000 odd individuals registered here and an even smaller number of those that are active. That's perfect for me personally as one of the things I'm going for in my life is Low Irritation Factor. Being too heavily involved with the Idiocracy, in whatever form it's emerging, isn't my cup of tea. :)

Speaking of tea.... *wanders off in search of tea*

well, aren't you pretty.....;)
corson

ViralSpiral
18th March 2012, 09:26
Lol Corson. I would take up arms and fight the dragons with ya only........ guess what I saw when I looked in the mirror? ;)

Shadow, shadow on the wall.... who is the biggest of them all?

http://www.jobsmarket.ie/JobsMarket/Upload/user/ronanmooney/blog/422066170_14d6c32011_z.jpg

The sun is shinging. Its beer-garden-time

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g208/ammango/angel_love/life/live-laugh-love.jpg

Curt
18th March 2012, 09:27
'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street,' a classic Twilight Zone episode worth taking another quick look at-- for those who are so inclined.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQtbIEofRg

seantimberwolf
I have been Out of action for about a month, reason? I was sick and tired of the direction this forum was takin.
Now I come on to find myself again after so long and what's the first post I see.
More of this, this clashing of heads, this divide.
While I commend your spirit Corson I believe the way you have put this into action is rather crass.
I learnt a long time ago sometimes people are softer natured, I personnely am not.
But we must always think of others. And what's this about Pie is gone.
Is this true like I said I have been Away so....
But back to the meat of your post why am I hear?
Because I feel a part of me should be yours!
In that what I have I give to you Corson, and everyone else who wants to reach out and take it.
That's what it means to be human, I will die for a stranger if there soul is good.
We all felt that way on hear once, like a collective of like minded people,
What happened?
With regards
SeanTimberwolf

crosby
Lol Corson. I would take up arms and fight the dragons with ya only........ guess what I saw when I looked in the mirror? ;)

Shadow, shadow on the wall.... who is the biggest of t

http://www.jobsmarket.ie/JobsMarket/Upload/user/ronanmooney/blog/422066170_14d6c32011_z.jpg

The sun is shinging. Its beer-garden-time

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g208/ammango/angel_love/life/live-laugh-love.jpg

well, ya know, what they say? .....
corson

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 09:28
Syncrinicity the kettle has just boiled and I'm on my second cup of coffee this one will be black , the first was a mocha out of
a sachet aspertame and all !!!!! Actually just checked the packet no aspertame , that must have been the mint hot chocolate !..LOL..

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:30
I have been Out of action for about a month, reason? I was sick and tired of the direction this forum was takin.
Now I come on to find myself again after so long and what's the first post I see.
More of this, this clashing of heads, this divide.
While I commend your spirit Corson I believe the way you have put this into action is rather crass.
I learnt a long time sometimes people are softer natured, I personnely am not.
But we must always think of others. And what's this about Pie is gone.
Is this true like I said I have been Away so....
But back to the meat of your post why am I hear?
Because I feel a part of my should be yours!
In that what I have I give to you Corson, and everyone else who wants to reach out and take it.
That's what it means to be human, I will die for a stranger if there soul is good.
We all felt that way on hear once, like a collective of like minded people,
What happened?
With regards
SeanTimberwolf

[Mod-edit: another deletion. -Paul]
corson

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Syncrinicity the kelle has just boiled and I'm on my second cup of coffee this one will be black , the first was a mocha out of
a sachet aspertane and all !!!!!

i gotta go to sleep soon. take over for me will ya?
corson

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:36
Does Bill Ryan Ever Attend His Own Forum?
corson

seantimberwolf
18th March 2012, 09:40
Great another child that cannot take criticism, and by child I mean spiritually, you think you can win an argument by telling to **** off!!!
Wow no wonder Tony left, you post a rude thread and when someone tells you anything you don't want to hear you tell them to **** off, that's the only trend I see hear, a sad little person who has to be centre of attention.
I'm done with this forum I see why there has been an exsodus now.
How can intelligent people be expected to put up with that kind of cretinous behaviour. Shame on all of you

Vitalux
18th March 2012, 09:44
Corson

I believe in Destiny, and at times unseen hands and forces that guide us to people and places to seek either information or experiences.

It is my opinion that I have been directed to this site as part of my destiny to acquire both.
My time here at Avalon since the summer has provided a great deal of growth.

You corson, have also played a great role in that growth as well.

ThePythonicCow
18th March 2012, 09:45
I deleted one post and part of a second above -- they appeared to be mostly venom directed toward another member.

Regarding the topic of this thread ... the way I see it corson is that you're partially right, and songsfortheotherkind is partially right as well.

Some folks are finding good traction and healthy communication with like minded sorts here ... and some others are finding (or helping to create) some distractions that leave me shaking my head, wondering "what the heck?"

What can we do about it?

There is, by choice, a variety of people here, with various interests and biases and degrees of awareness, including some who by propensity or by intention, are rather distracting to those others who happen to notice.

tonius
18th March 2012, 09:51
feck off.
corson

58 posts and i see nothing of substance here.

and by the way, you did not list why you want to be here. if you can't do that, get lost.

No, you did not cause my anger. And thank you for posting something other than just your opinion. It is important. With 59 posts you could not have made anybody angry......... Just remember, this thread is about the forum. and although i sound angry, it's what i'm projecting.......anger!!!! lol. i want some responses here, and i want to give some answers..... it has nothing to do with you.

and everybody that gives the same answer that you have will get the same response.
corson

I liked it better when you told me to feck off, now you are masking insulting with good shepherd talk, wouldn't have it been better just another feck off.

This is a forum, open space for discussion, but for me, the way you served it was more a dictating than an invitation to reflection.
And it was your full right to present it as you wanted, but it was my right too, to point my doubts about putting restrictions in what people post, if someone is a fraud it will soon be discovered as it has been before, i dont feel threatened by a bunch of pixels, nor do i need to save anyone from getting ''poisoned'' by the combination of these pixels in ''false'' phrases, as you said, who really knows where the truth is.
And please stop that posts comparioson nosense, it seems we are still at school comparing grades. we can do better than that.

Kenn
18th March 2012, 09:53
Hi my name is Kenn Schmidt, I have few posts and less thank you's, I read everything I can, more information or point of views helps me understand an assortment of topics. I have no secret reason to hide or anything, I just like learning meeting people and having a nonjudgmental safe place to grow, Avalon has allowed me to come little by little out of my shell.

I enjoy every thing I read although sometimes when there is a blatant argument which to my understanding does not help anyone, I feel though that being discerning about topic matter and posting in correct spots gives all a space to share there feelings, thoughts, and research. There is a fair amount of Toiling by admins to assure that all topics are in correct threads, I wish that to prevent any problems that all members make sure that they are placing there threads on the correct areas I do not believe that this is unfair because this is the internet and it's space has no space really so there is no real grounds for feeling picked on because they can't post channels information in spiritual section because they have a place to post it.

There is a lot of discernment in what those choose to read and reply too. I think any member that posts a negative or argument in a thread that has no substance to the general thread topic should be reported. A community that was created to disscuse, colaberate, and help each other has no real place for negativity's to any member. i believe in a sense of right and wrong like anyone else yet I believe that any anger or resentment or aggressive nature will ultimately help nothing in fact it fully retards sometimes devastates a great,wonderful, or amazing Idea or Ideal.

It is 100% impossible for someone to know everything or learn everything. This is why you have to contemplate why a statement or topic is relevant to your understanding or "current" point of understanding. I hyphenated because all humans or contently changing subtle sometimes massively life changing other times. In this constant moving forward we run the risk of "changing our minds" or learning something new that might later maybe even years later change our understanding.

This life is beautiful for the simple complicated nature that as a species singularly or colaberated we attempt at understanding things better or differently because there is so many humans in the world attempting to move forward. This constant motion in no clear direction and it creates frustration on disappointment, this forum truly by its creative nature is suppose to provide a less "chaotic" learning curve, allowing the noise of the world to deafen a little and provide a hub or hive choose, of people that use each other as sound boards to propel there personal interests in a positive energized direction.

This helps all and emotions should only be turned into fuel for each others souls.
If this forum lost a general sense of dignity I would voluntarily leave as well.
I appreciate your Immediate wish to point out things that hurt Avalon, you acted immediately and only wished to create discussion on positive solutions.

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:56
feck off.
corson

58 posts and i see nothing of substance here.

and by the way, you did not list why you want to be here. if you can't do that, get lost.

corson

I liked it better when you told me to feck off, now you are masking insulting with good shepherd talk, wouldn't have it been better just another feck off.

This is a forum, open space for discussion, but for me, the way you served it was more a dictating than an invitation to reflection.
And it was your full right to present it as you wanted, but it was my right too, to point my doubts about putting restrictions in what people post, if someone is a fraud it will soon be discovered as it has been before, i dont feel threatened by a bunch of pixels, nor do i need to save anyone from getting ''poisoned'' by the combination of these pixels in ''false'' phrases, as you said, who really knows where the truth is.
And please stop that posts comparioson nosense, it seems we are still at school comparing grades. we can do better than that.

with minimal posts, just bugger off then.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Hi my name is Kenn Schmidt, I have few posts and less thank you's, I read everything I can, more information or point of views helps me understand an assortment of topics. I have no secret reason to hide or anything, I just like learning meeting people and having a nonjudgmental safe place to grow has allowed me to come little by little out of my shell.

I enjoy every thing I read although sometimes when there is a blatant argument which to my understanding does not help anyone, I feel though that being discerning about topic matter and posting in correct spots gives all a space to share there feelings, thoughts, and research. There is a fair amount of Toiling by admins to assure that all topics are in correct threads, I wish that to prevent any problems that all members make sure that they are placing there threads on the correct areas I do not believe that this fair because this is the internet and it's space has no space really so there is no real grounds for feeling picked on because they can't post channels information in spiritual section because they have a place to post it.

There is a lot of discernment in what those choose to read and reply too. I think any member that posts a negative or argument in a thread that has no substance to the general thread topic should be reported. A community that was created to disscuse, colaberate, and help each other has no real place for negativity's to any member. i believe in a sense of right and wrong like anyone else yet I believe that any anger or resentment or aggressive nature will ultimately help nothing in fact it fully retards sometimes devastates a great,wonderful, or amazing Idea or Ideal.

It is 100% impossible for someone to know everything or learn everything. This is why you have to contemplate why a statement or topic is relevant to your understanding or "current" point of understanding. I hyphenated because all humans or contently changing subtle sometimes massively life changing other times. In this constant moving forward we run the risk of "changing our minds" or learning something new that might later maybe even years later change our understanding.

This life is beautiful for the simple complicated nature that as a species singularly or colaberated we attempt at understanding things better or differently because there is so many humans in the world attempting to move forward. This constant motion in no clear direction and it creates frustration on disappointment, this forum truly by its creative nature is suppose to provide a less "chaotic" learning curve, allowing the noise of the world to deafen a little and provide a hub or hive choose, of people that use each other as sound boards to propel there personal interests in a positive energized direction.

This helps all and emotions should only be turned into fuel for each others souls.
If this forum lost a general sense of dignity I would voluntarily leave as well.
I appreciate your Immediate wish to point out things that hurt Avalon, you acted immediately and only wished to create discussion on positive solutions.

thank you Kenn and welcome to avalon.
corson

Tarka the Duck
18th March 2012, 09:58
Thanks, Paul. If I understand you correctly :o, there are indeed.

There is, by choice, a variety of people here, with various interests and biases and degrees of awareness, including some who by propensity or by intention, are rather distracting to those others who happen to notice.

Many of us are shaking our heads at what is going on, and I think it is getting noticed.
Oh, and I've just realised that this could be misconstrued - I'm not referring to this thread...

Corson has passion which shows she cares. I, for one, appreciate that greatly.

ThePythonicCow
18th March 2012, 09:59
You have some good points, seantimberwolf and some others above. It is indeed not easy to distinguish between what corson is ranting against, and the manner of some of her own posts on this thread. She may be risking exemplifying the very thing against which she is ranting :).

I guess I'm trying to see if I can make lemonade out of the lemons, but I'm having to pick out a few bits of bitter rind in the process.

I did just change the thread title, adding the phrase "(Another "what's wrong with this forum" rant)", so that others could see quickly what lay here, in case they weren't in a mood to dive into another "what's wrong with this forum" rant.

crosby
18th March 2012, 09:59
I deleted one post and part of a second above -- they appeared to be mostly venom directed toward another member.

Regarding the topic of this thread ... the way I see it corson is that you're partially right, and songsfortheotherkind is partially right as well.

Some folks are finding good traction and healthy communication with like minded sorts here ... and some others are finding (or helping to create) some distractions that leave me shaking my head, wondering "what the heck?"

What can we do about it?

i would like to agree with you, and usually, i do, but right now, i am very angry...........and come hither or tither, i am still questioning a few things. perhaps i need to take another perspective, but, at the moment, i CAN'T SEE IT!!!!!!

ThePythonicCow
18th March 2012, 10:00
... but, at the moment, i CAN'T SEE IT!!!!!!
Perhaps some sleep will help?

jackovesk
18th March 2012, 10:01
i have been watching this forum for several weeks now. i am bewildered at what i see. all of the chaos created regarding channeled information. like any of you anti-channelors really know anything different or what the truth really is. AND PIE IS GONE!

this is a forum of strength, of community. we are supposed to stand together, feck that idea that we can discern one ideal from another. i am totally sick and tired of seeing so much bull sh*t. i have never seen so much at one time. and i can tell you right now, i will not tolerate it on this thread.

list, and speak about why you want to be here. and don't you dare take this thread for granted, it will not be tolerated.
CORSON

I agree with you 110% Corson...:yes4:

i am totally sick and tired of seeing so much bull sh*t. i have never seen so much at one time.

:clap2:

Yes, IMHO its very sad to see...

Most are interested in the :bs: Pie in the Sky type threads...

Why..? I have no answer for that, these people would be better off being members of a 'Gossip Magazine' :gossip: forum...

Thanks for telling it like it is Corson, IMO its time someone did..!

Rgs,

Jack :)

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 10:08
Great another child that cannot take criticism, and by child I mean spiritually, you think you can win an argument by telling to **** off!!!
Wow no wonder Tony left, you post a rude thread and when someone tells you anything you don't want to hear you tell them to **** off, that's the only trend I see hear, a sad little person who has to be centre of attention.
I'm done with this forum I see why there has been an exsodus now.
How can intelligent people be expected to put up with that kind of cretinous behaviour. Shame on all of you

That was entirely globalising. I am intelligent, I choose to do things differently on this forum, I'm engaging with intelligent, caring, inquisitive, expansive, willing to evolve and explore, and very very funny individuals here, all of whom are intelligent/willing to learn/open Beings. I don't put up with cretinous behaviour, I recognise that cretinous, like the sun rising, happens, at least at this point of the evolution of things, and getting my knickers in a bunch about cretinous is only going to give me a wedgie. The most effective course for me has been to become aware of the kinds of topics that I find irritating, and stay out of those threads, start conversations that I want to be a part of, share my Self in as honest and sincere way as possible, and accept that sometimes just being me is going to grate on another's nerves. I'm ok with not being voted Most Liked By Everyone Ever, *I* want to like me- if others are into who and what I am, awesome! And if they're not, excellent, something was learned today! And things are still awesome! Including me. *grinning*

I'd like to think the globalising was a comment made out of momentary frustration, so until proven otherwise I'm going to hold that position. :)

Peace and interesting evolution to us all!! Or at least those that can handle a ride like that. :D

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 10:09
Just watched this old Twilight Zone episode that Curtiss put up on page one.......Shows how 'Paranoia' can spread !!!

'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street,' a classic Twilight Zone episode worth taking another quick look at-- for those who are so inclined.....

gPQtbIEofRg

Vitalux
18th March 2012, 10:12
deleted

better to just skip it

seantimberwolf
18th March 2012, 10:13
But people have been saying this for months now but the only people who ever get attention are the ones who inject poison into there threads, it's trolling plan and simple,
Tony tried to spread a message but because he never swore at people that means he never cared?
We all feel this forum is going down a route we don't like!
But these threads of Cliqee emotion are not the answer.
I myself posted numerous "angry" threads but I was never downright rude and I respected the individual view of all.
Oneness in diversity, is it so hard!

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 10:14
You have some good points, seantimberwolf and some others above. It is indeed not easy to distinguish between what corson is ranting against, and the manner of some of her own posts on this thread. She may be risking exemplifying the very thing against which she is ranting :).

I guess I'm trying to see if I can make lemonade out of the lemons, but I'm having to pick out a few bits of bitter rind in the process.

I did just change the thread title, adding the phrase "(Another "what's wrong with this forum" rant)", so that others could see quickly what lay here, in case they weren't in a mood to dive into another "what's wrong with this forum" rant.

Ah, so that was you? Cool, I was wondering about that. :)

*walks off with the satisfaction of knowing that another of the Great Mysteries have been sol-ved*

ThePythonicCow
18th March 2012, 10:26
But people have been saying this for months now but the only people who ever get attention are the ones who inject poison into there threads, it's trolling plan and simple,
"for months" ... I thought people (some people, a changing group of them) had been saying that the forum's going to h*ll in a handbasket ever since I joined, January 2011, and likely before then :).

Any action we mods take seems too much to whomever got their energy snipped, and too little or the wrong kind to whomever was bothered by something we didn't snip. :violin:

The forum, in my view, rather intentionally provides a forum for discussing a variety of issues, some rather provocative. The forum also supports a diverse membership, of diverse and changing sensibilities and sensitivities.

I don't expect zero drama on the forum, nor universal delight with the current state of the forum.

Of late, the forum has actually been running with less overt moderation team intervention, more on its own self-righting balance, than most anytime since I joined here.

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 10:27
Tony tried to spread a message but because he never swore at people that means he never cared?
I myself posted numerous "angry" threads but I was never downright rude and I respected the individual view of all. I'm being really really gentle here, and at the same time calling you gently on 'I was never'... given the reply I just made to your earlier post.

It's a tricksy thing, this mind virus we're all carrying. Needs to be handled with a great eye to detail, has been my personal experience.

Oneness in diversity, is it so hard! It appears that it is, while each individual involved is still caught up in the energetic and emotionally sticky we've been entrained is 'normal'. It isn't, it's diseased- if each individual embraced the idea that their personal perspective was only and ever that- PERSONAL, singular, pertinent only to them- and that every individual had the absolute same right to *their* personal path, (given the 'do no harm' universal law) then where would be the problem?

It seems to me that we're at a stage with the consciousness where the subtle expressions (and not so subtle) of the inherent dodginess in the thinking is coming into the light. We're all getting called on our crap, and many are finding it a bumpy ride because we've been taught that we can *have* what we want at the expense of others (the message behind the global financial meltdown in part is 'no, actually, no you can't') and there is a very subtle and insidious root of privilege that needs to be rooted out completely before the effects of the virus can be fully disempowered. Sometimes, detoxing gets ugly and uncomfortable- *and* it's absolutely necessary. There is no privilege we can claim in superiority over another, not one: the book The Dark Side of the Light Chasers explored this years ago and the precepts that were explored in that discussion are still being struggled with by the many: what is different now is that many, many more individuals than ever before are struggling with the ideas and process. This is evolution- like any birthing, some are silent and inwardly focused, some are loud and yell through every moment, some don't want to feel anything and just take the drugs. :) Then there's all the subtle variations in between, all unique. Everyone, at the moment, appears to be birthing themselves into an expression of what's really going on inside them, or at least it seems to me. :)

So yes, my perspective.

Bo Atkinson
18th March 2012, 10:33
The light needs the dark in which to shine. Do we know?
Where would we be without a little ambient occlusion?

Loving all the hard and soft, the weak and strong links...
posted in one forum to perk my day up a notch or two.

Take a soulful trip to Bali, the best parts are free on line.
The soul's journey throughout the light and shadows of 2d.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p_qAr4DhJRw/TlkmGyFL91I/AAAAAAAAJtc/dgr9B7iSlQM/s1600/BackToBali_photo.JPG
I come here to meet minds who really do co-inquire even sometimes inspire.

Don't throw heart-felt pearls before swine.
Just dare to be naive, politely humored on the side.

Holdup with good cheer.

Pic ref: http://liveatcyprians.blogspot.com/2011/08/back-to-bali-traditional-balinese.html

ThePythonicCow
18th March 2012, 10:37
Good night y'all. I try to get to bed before the sun rises, so I'd better hurry along.

Tarka the Duck
18th March 2012, 10:37
:focus::focus::focus::focus:

we are supposed to stand together...list, and speak about why you want to be here.

Could we perhaps try to stand together in harmony and stop this personal point scoring?
A bit of empathy can't be beat...;)

seantimberwolf
18th March 2012, 10:45
I myself posted numerous "angry" threads but I was never downright rude and I respected the individual view of all. I'm being really really gentle here, and at the same time calling you gently on 'I was never'... given the reply I just made to your earlier post.

It's a tricksy thing, this mind virus we're all carrying. Needs to be handled with a great eye to detail, has been my personal experience.

Oneness in diversity, is it so hard! It appears that it is, while each individual involved is still caught up in the energetic and emotionally sticky we've been entrained is 'normal'. It isn't, it's diseased- if each individual embraced the idea that their personal perspective was only and ever that- PERSONAL, singular, pertinent only to them- and that every individual had the absolute same right to *their* personal path, (given the 'do no harm' universal law) then where would be the problem?

It seems to me that we're at a stage with the consciousness where the subtle expressions (and not so subtle) of the inherent dodginess in the thinking is coming into the light. We're all getting called on our crap, and many are finding it a bumpy ride because we've been taught that we can *have* what we want at the expense of others (the message behind the global financial meltdown in part is 'no, actually, no you can't') and there is a very subtle and insidious root of privilege that needs to be rooted out completely before the effects of the virus can be fully disempowered. Sometimes, detoxing gets ugly and uncomfortable- *and* it's absolutely necessary. There is no privilege we can claim in superiority over another, not one: the book The Dark Side of the Light Chasers explored this years ago and the precepts that were explored in that discussion are still being struggled with by the many: what is different now is that many, many more individuals than ever before are struggling with the ideas and process. This is evolution- like any birthing, some are silent and inwardly focused, some are loud and yell through every moment, some don't want to feel anything and just take the drugs. :) Then there's all the subtle variations in between, all unique. Everyone, at the moment, appears to be birthing themselves into an expression of what's really going on inside them, or at least it seems to me. :)

So yes, my perspective.

you misunderstand my meanings,
I was calling corson out on her reaction to anyone who disagreed with her.
I feel it was not appropriate and it is for want of a better word "chilidish"
i actually replied to her post by telling her why i think im hear, which was her question!
i was then told to **** off.
Now does not matter how you cut that its rude and not on.
if you want to post a topic be prepared to answer peoples posts with the same respect they give you by reading your post and offering there point of veiw.
If you dont want peoples point of veiw and only want to hang with the "cool" kids by which i mean people who agree with what your saying that is a form of social bullying and we are all beyond that.
This is why i wanted to approach the topic of oneness in diversity.
Because we should all be controbuting to a subject regardless of our polarity to it!

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 10:49
This Forum covers a vast subject and draws people from different aspects so agreement on everything is unlikely..
Its like sport you may like cricket and not golf that does not mean you like sport or dislike sport
You enjoy the sport you choose !!

I joined this discusion this morning as a few posts have been put up worrying about the forum...
A few weeks ago there were posts saying how great the forum is ! Life is not black and white
One of the frustrations I find we are overloaded with material we cannot do anything about.

There is no answer to frustration ! You have been drawn here for a reason, if you feel
its time to move on fine, but don't burn your bridges and you can always come back or
lookin from time to time.....

One of Bills original reasons for setting this up was so that like minded people could come
together in the event of a global disaster and thats ok for thoses inclind ..
I feel in that event 99% of the population are not going to be able to get out of the area
they are in for all sorts of reasons, family,money,communications and prossible rd blocks
and marshall law depending on the severity ....So I think this is more a educational exchange
of views place to be.....

But things change by 'Events' so anything could happen in the future...I put up a thread
friday of Ed Dames on Coast ...Dr Doom as George says he predicts the kill shot from
the sun from his remote viewing, its quite interresting but I don't necceassaily think this
is more likely to happen than Israel nuking Iran, which is very possible !! This is a bit
morbid , but as Ion says we are 'eternal gods' looking to come back to our power
so we cannot die just leave our 'meatsack bodies' !!!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42558-Major-Ed-Dames....On-Coast-......-5th-March

I don't agree with what Ed Dames is saying may happen, just putting it up for reference
and discussion if anyone feels like it...Steve

seantimberwolf
18th March 2012, 10:55
This Forum covers a vast subject and draws people from different aspects so agreement on everything is unlikely..
Its like sport you may like cricket and not golf that does not mean you like sport or dislike sport
You enjoy the sport you choose !!

I joined this discusion this morning as a few posts have been put up worrying about the forum...
A few weeks ago there were posts saying how great the forum is ! Life is not black and white
One of the frustrations I find we are overloaded with material we cannot do anything about.

There is no answer to frustration ! You have been drawn here for a reason, if you feel
its time to move on fine, but don't burn your bridges and you can always come back or
lookin from time to time.....

One of Bills original reasons for setting this up was so that like minded people could come
together in the event of a global disater and thats ok for thoses inclind ..
I feel in that event 99% of the population are not going to be able to get out of the area
they are in for all sorts of reasons, family,money,communications and prossible rd blocks
and marshall law depending on the severity ....So I think this is more a educational exchange
of views place to be.....

But things change by 'Events' so anything could happen in the future...I put up a thread
friday of Ed Dames on Coast ...Dr Doom as George says he predicts the kill shot from
the sun from his remote viewing, its quite interresting but I don't necceassaily think this
is more like to happen than Israel nuking Iran, which is very possible !! This is a bit
morbid , but as Ion says we are 'eternal gods' looking to come back to our power
so we cannot die just leave our 'meatsack bodies' !!!

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42558-Major-Ed-Dames....On-Coast-......-5th-March

I agree with you Cider, its that diversity of views that makes us so strong, and we can all cross refrence our knowledge.
But i do not believe that this particular thread has not been made in an approachable manner its quite crass.
And while i understand we are all frustrated, i mean nothing is happening except bad things in the world and we have to create our own world within this one.
BUT if i come onto a forum i once felt like i belonged why shold i be attacked like that when im being civil and answering that persons orginal question!
Its madness,

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 11:06
My actual belief Sean is one of hope that many are waking up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C67mlf4ZYfs/TyUqEwlunmI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/1K3QM0_1xu4/s1600/Poor%2Bbecause%2Bof%2Byou%252C%2BDavos%2Bbanksters%2B-%2B1a.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full

That came out bigger than I thought ..LOL...

seantimberwolf
18th March 2012, 11:18
My actual belief Sean is one of hope that many are waking up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C67mlf4ZYfs/TyUqEwlunmI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/1K3QM0_1xu4/s1600/Poor%2Bbecause%2Bof%2Byou%252C%2BDavos%2Bbanksters%2B-%2B1a.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full

That came out bigger than I thought ..LOL...

HA HA the man in me loves this picture for the obvious reason.
but i remember when i saw that in the sun newspaper (obviously ) :rolleyes:

but i agree i hope it becomes more evident to people, i was in brighton last weekend and saw a guy holding a protest outside barclys bank, made me feel good.
Although he was wearing a backwards beret lol

kind regards
Sean

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 11:34

*still very gently* by doing to her what she was doing to others? Isn't that simply feeding the mindvirus by using rationalisations to suit?

I feel it was not appropriate and it is for want of a better word "chilidish" entirely subjective analysis, and as a result of this subjective analysis, you thought your conclusions gave you a sound platform for responding with the same energy.?

Funny. That's pretty much how war starts. And each side insists that their rationalisations are absolutely valid and righteous, while it's the other side that is full of crap. Weird. I'm not seeing anything different, nor a better outcome, than when they apply it.

i actually replied to her post by telling her why i think im hear, which was her question!
i was then told to **** off. and in your world this means.... that you have to-??? There are infinite responses to that question, some more useful than others. What ever we give our energy to, we get more of, has been my experience.

Now does not matter how you cut that its rude and not on. That is also utterly subjective, I don't react to that the same way nor do I interpret it as 'rude'. 'Rude' is utterly interpreted by the individual- it's based on social and cultural conditioning, it's *manufactured* , a programmed trigger designed to foment discomfort and unease. It's a trick. We can choose interpretations and we can recognise that these are entirely of our own making- or not. That's also a choice. Some choices work better than others, depending on the purpose and intent.

if you want to post a topic be prepared to answer peoples posts with the same respect they give you by reading your post and offering there point of veiw. I often respond by calling out what I have come to see as the viral thinking that I observe in other's posts. I do it as respectfully an dcarefully as I can, *and* sometimes this is interpreted as rude, blunt, disrespectful, disagreeable, etc etc.

If you dont want peoples point of veiw and only want to hang with the "cool" kids by which i mean people who agree with what your saying that is a form of social bullying and we are all beyond that.
Because we should all be controbuting to a subject regardless of our polarity to it!

If you can't see the point I'm making, that's totally ok. I've made it and that's enough for me. :)

Peace.

seantimberwolf
18th March 2012, 12:10

*still very gently* by doing to her what she was doing to others? Isn't that simply feeding the mindvirus by using rationalisations to suit?

I feel it was not appropriate and it is for want of a better word "chilidish" entirely subjective analysis, and as a result of this subjective analysis, you thought your conclusions gave you a sound platform for responding with the same energy.?

Funny. That's pretty much how war starts. And each side insists that their rationalisations are absolutely valid and righteous, while it's the other side that is full of crap. Weird. I'm not seeing anything different, nor a better outcome, than when they apply it.

i was then told to **** off. and in your world this means.... that you have to-??? There are infinite responses to that question, some more useful than others. What ever we give our energy to, we get more of, has been my experience.

Now does not matter how you cut that its rude and not on. That is also utterly subjective, I don't react to that the same way nor do I interpret it as 'rude'. 'Rude' is utterly interpreted by the individual- it's based on social and cultural conditioning, it's *manufactured* , a programmed trigger designed to foment discomfort and unease. It's a trick. We can choose interpretations and we can recognise that these are entirely of our own making- or not. That's also a choice. Some choices work better than others, depending on the purpose and intent.

if you want to post a topic be prepared to answer peoples posts with the same respect they give you by reading your post and offering there point of veiw. I often respond by calling out what I have come to see as the viral thinking that I observe in other's posts. I do it as respectfully an dcarefully as I can, *and* sometimes this is interpreted as rude, blunt, disrespectful, disagreeable, etc etc.

If you can't see the point I'm making, that's totally ok. I've made it and that's enough for me. :)

Peace.

and do you not think your over analytical response is not in some way also confrontational.
while i understand what your point is and what your trying to say I'm not ignorant to idea.
BUT i do not deal in absolutes and it sounded like corson was, i may have expressed my distaste with more of the same problem.
and for that i apologies, but the point I'm trying to make and what you seem to be missing is her INITIAL reaction to my post was quite out of place for a forum of intellectual conversation.
If a moderator felt the need to take away her comment then i would surmise that it was just that.
After which i was upset by it and deemed it rude,
that would be a natural reaction to such a response, maybe i do not posses the power to step back into third person and Analise what i have said what she has said and then conclude.
but i am human after all.

Alie
18th March 2012, 12:11
Sometimes, it's more useful to listen to a rant then say to the ranter ... "What is the outcome you are looking for?" "What do you want to see/experience/find when you come to this forum?"

So Corson, can you answer those questions?

Here are my answers to these questions: 1. "I would like to be part of a community of people that help me lead a more "effective" productive life. 2. I would like to find useful information that will further my purpose here on earth.

RunningDeer
18th March 2012, 12:19

What I’ve learned: “What I 'think' I want may not be what I need.”

Question: Why are you here?

Answer: I want to...

- share ideas
- understand from the greater perspective how a group interacts
- learn about diversity of thought
- accept diversity of thought
- grow in compassion for myself and others

What I would share with you from my personal experience:

- You have no control over what others think, say, or do. You are in complete control of what you think, say or do. That's found within. How do you tap into the within? Allow your heart, and the mind that lives within your heart, to be your compass.

CORSON , thank you for this thread.

With heart,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

Bo Atkinson
18th March 2012, 12:48
Here is a cross cultural description of our need and uses of the light-and-shadow thing....

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/03/RIR-120308.php

We may also appreciate Avalon for recommended redicecreations......

jorr lundstrom
18th March 2012, 12:57
I once started a thread here on Avalon called " A new world if you
can take it." Well we are beginning to see this new world unfolding
now. There is nothing wrong with Avalon. Its just mirroring the
turmoil in the world an wot a bumpy ride this is and all the birth
pangs reqiered. This forum is just a mirror. It just mirrors wot is
taking place inside us and in the world at large.

Its unfolding just fine.

All is well

Jorr

Flash
18th March 2012, 13:02
this forum is in jeopardy. plain and simple. and i challenge everyone to come forward and voice their concerns. i know that i cannot answer all of them, but i know that most of them deserve a "Feck off!" let's see where this takes us, shall we?
regards, corson

this forum is in jeopardy probably. It is plain and simple, yes. Channellors invasion, maybe. This has been going on for a while, since the Charles alias Atticus alias... parody. It was planned, I believe. After Charles, channellers were invited in, if not openly at least covertly for one.

Second, this is Bill's forum. He is supposed, if it is his enterprise, to give the direction and the impetuous. He has about entirelry disappeared.

Third, if Bill is not present, then the forum could be the "people's" forum. For this, a structure allowing it has to be implemented, which is not happening since it is Bill's forum.

Fourth, the mods are basically left to themselves to decide on what to do. I thank them for the free of charge work cause without any given direction, without apparent support from the owner, this is a really ungrateful job. They are really doing the best they can given the situation.

Fifth, despite all of the above, the forum's death is probably the slowiest enterprise death i have ever seen. It is so slow with spikes of greatness at times that I wonder if it won't ressuscitate from its own ashes up to glory. In other words, for a jeopardized forum, it is still standing up a lot.

All this being said, i stand to be corrected for anything I say, since I am not a prominent poster here and may have missed information necessary for critical thinking.

All this being said, I do think that all alternative forums, informatiion sites, internet radios, all alternative stuff is targetted for destruction because it does gear peoples view in unintended (by PTBs and their minions) directions. Avalon is part of these.

9eagle9
18th March 2012, 13:19
When enter into a community I don't have an expectation that community should love me, or have to look at me in admiration, and agree with everything I say. That is up to me, my actions and my behaviors pretty determine who will accept me and who won't. I accept that because I accept myself.

People who think on their own and accept me without me having to con them into it, get my attention. My respect, my admiration and eventuallly one day my love. None of these are virtues that are given on demand 'just to keep the peace.'

Conversely there is another perception here from the '"I love everyone's and I expect that love in return"

I'd ask some of these people WHY do you expect that I should love you?

My love is not without value , I don't just distribute it to whomever demands it. I have no idea where this arrogant idea comes from people who demand that I love them? why should I? On the other hand because I don't love you doesn't mean I hate you, it means you are without any meaning to me whatsoever. Whatever meaning you have would only the meaning I assign to you, and maybe because of these 'love on demand' attitudes you do not have meaning in my eyes that is flattering to you.

Does it ever occur to anyone that perhaps they are not as important to others, or that their own self importance lives only with them. I see many people who know a little about something so proclaim themselves as experts on the topic who want talk over those who actually have some meaningful grasp of the concept. Confusing their opinon with actual knowing. Why should I respect that? Or how people rampantly manipulate others for attentions, the epidemic of the squalling victim? Why should I respect or love or admire that? What entitles you to my love and trust and admiration? What is it that you have , that has become, in this vapid self absorption, such a big deal we must have a tantrum because other's are not giving it to you?

I am not here to provide peace and security to others, those are things we find on our own. I don't expect others to make this a 'safe' place for me, where my emotional dis-function is never challenged. That is up to me. It is up to me , to keep me safe. This place is not here to provide me with a sense of community. 3/4's of this membership are people who are the last people on earth I'd choose to commune with, if I were truly responsive to the idea of community . With their inablity to manage themselves, and the expectation that I need to babysit them, why would I want to?

If there is some chaotic matter going on that is going to challenge me, I do have a choice not involve myself in it, not barge into fully knowing its going to bother me, and then blaming someone else when it does.

One has to find their own self meaning and not depend on the others for it. There is no one in this forum that can assign a value or self identity to me, that's up to me to find my own. this forum provides a certain amount of information that allows me to see the world in a different way, not a commune of emotional counseling and support. I never came here with the expectation that i had to find a surrogate family. Nor do I expect one to be provided to me.

For those people who have this expecation that I should shower them with my love and accompanying admiration, and hang on their every word as if were the inviolate utterance of God, and they want my trust and respect...? You've already prejudiced it with your expectation. I want them to give me one good reason why? What are you demonstrating that makes you think I should just love and admire you and think your wise or that you would be a pleasing compliment to my life? I don't see these qualities well distributed amongst any population.

Because one's view of themselves is perfection when it becomes obvious they are not masking how imperfect they really view themselves, why should I support that? When one spreads disinformation which only has the value and truthfulness the town crier has assigned to it, why should I not disagree with it. If my disagreement shakes the foundation of one's truth so badly, they can't manage how they feel about it, why should I support it ? Perhaps one's truth is not the rock solid foundation one percieves it to be, when its so easily shaken.

so ask anyone why should I like you? The people I most admire in here are the ones who didn't approach me with the attitude that I must handle them with kid gloves all the time. There was no honest, unpretentious approach towards sharing, not a demand for agreement to prop up their insecurties

Give me one good reason why I should love anyone in here? Why I have to offer slavish agreement to obvious ignorance just to keep the peace that other people crave because they cannot manage their own feelings towards non-agreeement?

greybeard
18th March 2012, 13:45
Its all a matter of opinion.
The ancient members have seen similar threads come and go for quite some time.
Avalon is still here--- some of the members who fore told the demise are no longer here.
There is a massive amount of information on this Avalon and the original version is still there to peruse.
So if boredom sets in because there is no big story at the moment time could be well spent having a look at early threads and interviews by Bill.
Virtually every subject under the sun has been discussed here on Avalon.
Just a question of having a look.
Bill has gone off for long periods of time before and come back with a fresh interesting interview--- thats what he does.
The moderators are doing a good job all thanks to them.
Is the glass half full or half empty?
There has been an upsurge of interest in spiritual threads and that can but be good.
Thousands of guest visit.
Seems to me Avalon is very much alive.

Chris

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 14:00
Thanks Chris as one the 'elder statesman left from the original intake ' I totaly concur...
I wonder if the upserge of spiritual threads is to do wth the fact we are in 2012 !!

From the threads I mainly get drawn to , my impression is the Forum is functioning
as to be expected. I don't normally correspond with you or many others on here
only because we do not look at the same threads.Overtime that changes...

Cheers steve..

Eric J (Viking)
18th March 2012, 14:02
i am bewildered at what i see. all of the chaos created regarding channeled information. like any of you anti-channelors really know anything different or what the truth really is. AND PIE IS GONE!

I hear you Corson ... well I no longer post any of that material as the format has been changed, I'm afraid the branches of that side of spirituality have been 'nipped in the bud' ... so I no longer post. As for the anti channelers, I agree ...

I still to this day cannot fathom why a message of good intent is not acceptable within the mindset here. Surely most folk here realise the importance of creating a reality that we can all benefit from is not a bad thing. I think we still have folk out there that do not understand the mechanics of reality and how it comes to be. Before we have a ripe and full harvest we all need to plant the seeds, for without the seeds we would have no fruit.

Some visions that have been presented have been full of ripe and healthy fruit, it is surely up to us to pick the ripe ones that will benefit us. The rest we can discard.

Why nip the branches that might just bring on wonderful fruit.

Anyway I am watching to see where this goes.

Thanks for the thread.

viking

schneider
18th March 2012, 14:19
in many ways, this forum is a reflection of the alternative media community. as we have all noticed, things have gotten a lot more intense in the last couple of months. fights have broken out with key members of this community and we here at avalon are trying to figure out what the hell is going on. i come to this forum because people in my "real"' life aren't interested in the vast array of subjects we freely talk about here. some of the topics are of no interest to me so i move to another one. i personally don't think channeled information is causing all the chaos, it isn't for me, since i very seldom read it.

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 14:23
This forum is going to be constantly attacked from without and within we all know this, from the Charles episode and
thats how disinfo works, some disguised as critisisms other where posts are designed to wind up the thread bearer.
Thats life ....learn to see thru this if you can.....

I like the pheonix analogy, but I don't think we are there yet !!

NCRo51k4Pwc

9eagle9
18th March 2012, 14:25
The people who complain about the prevalence of junk channeling are, for the most part, not anti-channeling. They are people who understand what authentic channeling is. Because that whole point is missed by those who have wrapped up their entire identity in junk channeling, that is where the conflict comes from. The alleged anti channelers are as apt to complain about the amount of junk mail they get in their snail mail box. If the pro junk channelers weren't so quick to take the criticism of a an external message that is external of them, and internalize and personalize it , much of the conflict about channeling would be abated. If they would 'listen' and be responsive to what people actually saying, you'd see much conflict abated . Not realizing that crap is composing much of their composite personality the message of the channel is imposed on other members daily in other threads.

I notice these same people enjoy a drama and are the first to herd in at the first sign of a drama.

There is nothing in this forum that has not been debated before or examined or fought over. There's very little in here that is 'new' in this forum or others. It may be new to some people but for other's its 'old' news and they've seen all the arguments and the emotional reactions. Much drama is created around others to generate some excitement that our old news isn't providing anymore.

Daft Ada
18th March 2012, 14:50
Its all a matter of opinion.
The ancient members have seen similar threads come and go for quite some time.
Avalon is still here--- some of the members who fore told the demise are no longer here.
There is a massive amount of information on this Avalon and the original version is still there to peruse.
So if boredom sets in because there is no big story at the moment time could be well spent having a look at early threads and interviews by Bill.
Virtually every subject under the sun has been discussed here on Avalon.
Just a question of having a look.
Bill has gone off for long periods of time before and come back with a fresh interesting interview--- thats what he does.
The moderators are doing a good job all thanks to them.
Is the glass half full or half empty?
There has been an upsurge of interest in spiritual threads and that can but be good.
Thousands of guest visit.
Seems to me Avalon is very much alive.

Chris
I agree Greybeard, and I doubt this thread will be the last. But I have to say it's presentation is the worst I have seen and I am left wondering exactly what the purpose of this thread really is.
I for one find the OP offensive, I don't like to see language like that used in the forum and certainly not towards any members, the response to members to "Feck off" when the real meaning of the word is understood, is in no way acceptable and invites conflict and anger from members, which I initially got the impression was one of the things Corson was complaining about, and wanted to see gone?
The whole tone of the first post is aggressive and immature and comes across as a spoilt brat. What right have you to demand answers from any member? the reason I am here is my business and no one else's and other human beings are as entitled to their opinion as much as you are and if you don't like it, aggression and foul mouth is not the solution.

With regard to Bill, quite frankly I get vibes that he has lost interest here and only speaks when the mods can't cope with the latest punch up or when someone severely slags of the forum, he rarely actually takes part in any of the normal threads.

Alie
18th March 2012, 15:00
Sometimes the mantle is given to another. Perhaps Bill might like to do this if he has other interests now. Good old fashioned leadership (statesmen/stateswomen) is a great asset when there's a group of people involved --- on the ground or in cyberspace.

another bob
18th March 2012, 15:04
Spotted on the way to the pub at the end of the universe . . .

http://i41.tinypic.com/x0oift.jpg

a word from an old friend . . .

http://i44.tinypic.com/jg1n28.jpg

:yo:

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 15:13
I noticed Bill was here most days last week as i signed in, but I think he was just browsing for a few hours .
He said he was busy researching a few weeks ago and seems to have commitments
where he is. But as I said earlier this is not a 'cult' but a education and discussion forum,I thought !

I know Corson referred to his absence earlier and she maywell add to that when she wakes up ..LOL..

Praxis
18th March 2012, 16:13
Disregard drama, acquire knowledge.
I keep seeing these threads pop up of who has left and who is fighting will whom.
Far too many are getting caught up in the drama that is created for drama sakes.
Use this place as you see fit. If drama fits you: you should exercise.
This forum is, IMHO, mostly about gathering together data points for easy access to a library of esoteric.
Personally, when I see the " X person has left and here is his message" crap i disregard and find something ACTUALLY interesting to read.
Person X left because of drama. Then more drama is created by the talking about the drama.
Corson, Bill probably does not care about this drama and people coming or going. If you come or go, then you are not using Avalon for what it was intended.
Treat avalon as a library not facebook.

Dennis Leahy
18th March 2012, 16:18
this forum is in jeopardy.

Hi Corson,

I disagree. Individuals wax and wane between calm and dramatic - that is the real cycle of this (and many other) forums.

"Pie" has a keyboard and a monitor and can rejoin whenever he wants (he wasn't asked to leave.) I think he will pop back in, and when he does, I hope he has a good laugh at himself for the irony of first, starting a thread called "Don't give up on Avalon" - then giving up, and secondly, quitting after getting upset that his opinion and his thread on Buddhism were not being respected. The second one is ironic because, as Tony will tell you, the final stage of Buddhist development is referred to as "returning to the marketplace" - meaning that any monk might find spiritual enlightenment in a mountain retreat, but it was nothing real until tested by fire: the test of the chatter, drama, drivel, egos, deceit, confusion, and insanity found in the "marketplace", with all the unenlightened.

All forums change. It's OK. It's natural. People enter, people leave.

If you ever see a group of young kids having a wonderful time, the one thing you'll see for sure is frenetic chaos. They won't all be standing quietly in line.

When I attend a gathering, on the food table along with the stuff I eat, invariably, there are piles of meat - chicken wings, hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs... I'm vegan. So, I walk past it and get to other food - stuff that I do eat. I could get all upset about the meat, or I could enjoy my fruits and veggies. My choice.

Avalon is not a TV show. It's a forum. Some forums are dominated by the forum creator/owner. That's almost always a bad thing. On my favorite forums, if the creator/owner of the forum has something to say, they say it - but the role is not of the sage or head entertainer. Bill Ryan pops in frequently, reads, and if he has something he wants to say, he says it. In fact, the way I learn is deeper and more profound if I don't have a tour-guide connecting all the dots for me and pointing out the "don't miss!" sights and sounds, and keeping me from standing too close to the crack in the Earth.

Avalon was not set up as a clearinghouse for channeled messages, and a section for channeled messages was reluctantly added with a disclaimer. A (seeming) tidal wave of channeled messages appeared recently, in the Avalon smorgasbord, and I wondered if it was wise to quietly ignore it, or to ask a few questions aloud. I started a thread called Could channeled ET information be deliberate psyops? (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?38427-Could-channeled-ET-information-be-deliberate-psyops) I think there were some important questions asked in that thread.- might be worth another look. I am thankful that some of the channelers included some specific predictions because it gave people an opportunity to snap out of it. I think "the GFL" could have kept stringing people out for a long time if the messages had remained nebulous. Even now, some forgive the inconsistencies, I guess because they so badly need to feel the messages are real and true.

You know the story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" is not just about the Emperor.

Dennis

p.s. I probably did not directly answer what you were looking for, but I wanted to reach out to you. Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness format.

Earth Angel
18th March 2012, 16:18
I have wondered myself where Bill is these days.......since i joined in Sept 2011 I haven't seen as much of him as I thought I would......but then I do remember an interview he did after the split with Kerry where he said basically something like ... we have gone down the rabbit hole enough now with all the whistle blowers and learning TPTW are out to get us , so lets now focus on what to do........I dont think we are doing as much of that as he may have liked and sometimes I feel he just has decided to leave us alone as we are still fighting quite often like kids in the sandbox........just my thought....then again there is that whistle blower who said Bill is a shape shifting reptile ;)

warmest, corson

ghostrider
18th March 2012, 16:29
take note, energy of the human body is changing on a DNA level, it affects everyone differently. emotions are at max on every level. the channeling thing, I'm always suspect about anything that puts a human in a less than positon, one thing to be a conduit, another to be in a less than position. the love of truth and the freedom of ideas will outlast any division, or attack on the forum. the ptb have forgotten , what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger....... GR this thread is important on so many levels. thanks corson. it's not what happens to us, it's how we handle it..... we are more than, not less than....

kcbc2010
18th March 2012, 17:21
I think we can all agree that if you've joined PA, then you are a pretty passionate person. This seems to be my impression, anyway.

The thing is that we all have different backgrounds and experiences and belief systems.

I know I get sucked into this idea that I have to prove someone right or wrong because I am passionate about my beliefs and ideas and sometimes really can't understand why someone can't see things the way that I see them. So, I do apologize if someone has taken offense at my posts.

On the other hand, I feel obligated, at times,to share an alternative view if the the post/responses just seem one-sided and hateful. A couple of examples.... people in America "deserve whatever they get" if they re-elect Barack Obama. Since I'm an American, I have a hard time just buying into this notion that people in my country deserve something evil because they choose to vote in a way that you disagree with. Another one of my faves is anyone who doesn't support Obama "is HATEFUL". Really, if that where true, then why are so many people who don't like Obama hanging out on Project Avalon every day and are actively trying to make the world a better place and grow spiritually?

The thing is that we view the world differently and we have to figure out how to get along. PA has all sorts of people from all over the world discussing big ideas. Of course, there's going to be conflict. But the thing is that we can use our language to treat people well while pointing out where someone's argument is flawed. It's so amazing how just tweaking what you want to say into something nicer will change the way people look at you and the situation.

Take the "anyone who thinks X about B.O is HATEFUL" example. First, why choose the word hate and type it in all caps? You are just asking for the reader to get defensive and angry. However, if you said the same thing in a gentler way, then the reader doesn't get defensive or angry. They change their opinion about you and see that you really want a conversation, not a confrontation.

"It's my opinion that anyone who thinks that Barack Obama isn't awesome isn't really looking at everything he's accomplished since taking office. Look at A,B and C. Here's some links to look at. " isn't attacking anyone or putting anyone on defense. It might be a bit longer to type out, but it points out that the statement is about me, my belief. Not what I think of you. And you give me a reason to consider that Obama is really the guy you say he is. And some links to read more about it if I so choose. Isn't that a much better response than spewing the "hate" word?

You don't have to agree w/my beliefs, or even like me, but, at least, let's act like we both support the goals and mission of Project Avalon. Seriously? I have to waste my time to point this out? :peace::frusty:

Delight
18th March 2012, 17:25
Disregard drama, acquire knowledge.....
Use this place as you see fit......
If you come or go, then you are not using Avalon for what it was intended.
Treat avalon as a library not facebook.

"If you come or go, then you are not using Avalon for what it was intended." That sounds so ZEN. Neither coming or going, one stands in the library marveling....
I used to read for Avalon's ideas for a long time before I joined.

I joined because I wanted to interact and add to the forum. I LOVE sharing information. I LOVE discussion and new ideas. I LOVE being found out to skim on shallow surfaces (many times I have been found out to myself as shallow when I read what others say).

I just never have understood the internet as Facebook. I don't use Facebook. I appreciate a nugget or more from every post I ever read here. That is the beauty f information. Truth can be found anywhere and it can be mixed up with untruth and still valid.

There were two references to the mind virus and a new link posted to Paul Levy on Redice. You may have noticed that at the same time there is heightened emotion here about kinds of information and responses to others' responses that lead to frustration and discord, there are SEVERAL people in the zeitgeist who are bringing up the point that when our minds are being used, none of our thoughts are reliable as our own. I want feedback to know when my thoughts are way off base. How can that happen with no feedback?

That feedback is a great tool of forums.

Thoughts lead to emotion that leads to beliefs that leads to behavior. As TUT said...."Thought makes things so choose the good ones".

And by "good", I am not saying "airy fairy, all is merry" OR Gloom and doom, you'll die real soon" OR "Know truth now just ask ME how". To me the good thoughts have much to do with investigation, curiosity, refreshed insight, delicate unraveling, boisterous exploration and deep feelings of satisfaction that one understands another. I love Avalon. It is not broke to me. It is new everyday. And the best library is not dusty at all. I intend the "inner net" expand and the mind virus dwindle.

feeling Gratitude for All. Maggie

Sidney
18th March 2012, 17:36
=corson;450906]i have been watching this forum for several weeks now. i am bewildered at what i see. all of the chaos created regarding channeled information. like any of you anti-channelors really know anything different or what the truth really is. AND PIE IS GONE! never say never- : )

this is a forum of strength, of community. we are supposed to stand together, feck that idea that we can discern one ideal from another. i am totally sick and tired of seeing so much bull sh*t. i have never seen so much at one time. and i can tell you right now, i will not tolerate it on this thread.

You obviously weren't around for the charles fiasco. LOL in comparison, the forum is running pretty smoothly. That was alot to recover from.

CORSON

Why I want to be here, is because in my physical life, I don't really know anyone who knows, or cares to know about the topics discussed here. And for the most part, Avalon is full of really great folks.

as an addendum, i would like Bill Ryan to see this. i think that it would be important for him to take a look at what is happening on this forum.

Bill cannot control the trolls, and neither can anyone else, because they operate with such subtlety that you can't ban them, just because you suspect them of trolling.

If you know for a fact that someone is a trouble maker, and do not want to waste your precious emotional energy on fuming over it, use the ignore button. Then you won't see their posts, ever. Out of sight, out of mind. seriously though, is really HAS been much worse here.

ThePythonicCow
18th March 2012, 17:43
Now does not matter how you cut that its rude and not on. That is also utterly subjective, I don't react to that the same way nor do I interpret it as 'rude'. 'Rude' is utterly interpreted by the individual- it's based on social and cultural conditioning, ...

if you want to post a topic be prepared to answer peoples posts with the same respect they give you by reading your post and offering there point of view. I often respond by calling out what I have come to see as the viral thinking that I observe in other's posts. I do it as respectfully and carefully as I can, *and* sometimes this is interpreted as rude, blunt, disrespectful, disagreeable, etc etc.

I could be "cute" and wonder if perhaps what another might dismiss (in your view) rudely, and what you might dismiss (in your view) respectfully as viral thinking ... might be the same sorts of thing :P.

But for me to do so would be passing up an opportunity to notice what I think is a difference.

Individually, when we're in our "me good, that bad" projection of the unintegrated darkness within us onto outer surfaces, rudeness is just one common mannerism, an individual choice that others can reasonably choose to pay no mind (and that forum mods can reasonably choose to prune back :) to some degree.)

But in the field that all our spirits form by their participation, we, the humans on this planet, are struggling with a virus, and we can help each other notice that virus. The necessary first step in a working immune system, which our shared field will require to keep that virus at bay, is a shared ability to identify that virus.

In other words ... is the virus you speak of the "Wetiko bug" that Paul Levy speaks of in this new Red Ice Radio interview: Paul Levy - Wetiko & The Dreaming (http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/03/RIR-120308.php)?

humanalien
18th March 2012, 18:14
Using the word FECK for the F word is totally offending to me.
FECK is one letter shy of spelling my last name and i would
appreciate it if you could change it to something else.

Thank-you

Cidersomerset
18th March 2012, 19:09
9 of clubs, Dennis ,Earth Angel, ghostrider, KCBC, Delight and Starchild on the whole you are all here like me and the majority
of others including Corson ...to learn, listen and exchange views.....I do not interract with all of you very often as I said earlier
my interrests and posts do not always correspond with yours and the time difference,work and other commitments mean
we don't all debate on the same threads.I feel the forum is strong from the threads I interact with on the whole
but everyones interpretation is different at different times and i can appreciate if you see some of members you interact
with regularly moving on its a bit of a loss.

I like many have followed Camelot/Avalon from the start, but only joined last year as my typing skills were nil and thats
why my posts are not that rapid and another reason why I tend to stay with a few threads at a time especially if
I am contributing like today.....I have watched all the interviews and thousands of hours of other UFO/conspiricy
material in the last five years and have some strong views on some subjects and totally open on others.
As I said earlier Iam here to learn and exchange views and have a bit of fun on some threads....

Some people do not like some of the frivolous threads, but I like to put a smile on peoples faces when I can.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_15yjI-RtaW4/TN31jdm-asI/AAAAAAAABNA/yTWIOKUZQ74/s1600/doorway_stars.jpg

And open doorways to the imagination.....Steve

gripreaper
18th March 2012, 19:39
One of Bill Ryan's favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1MogcDNYF4

And one from the mouth of babes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foUrBztgzZA

Carmody
18th March 2012, 20:25
regarding Bill's absence on the forum:

There is no such thing as leadership.

Lead yourself, please.

That's the whole point of existing in an avatar.

Personal responsibility... and that.....has exactly ZERO to do with the idea of leadership.

Leadership is part of the problem.

Tane Mahuta
18th March 2012, 20:42
warmest, corson

I too concur!!...well done done corson for speaking out!!

I too have noticed the negatives that have come into this forum & the direction that it is taking!!

I discard/throw out the negative...or try to post/offset with something positive!!

I take in the positive & go/research from there!!

As regards to Bill Ryan...I believe that negativity will still be around wether he's
here or not.

TM

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 22:22
and do you not think your over analytical response is not in some way also confrontational.

I often respond by calling out what I have come to see as the viral thinking that I observe in other's posts. I do it as respectfully and carefully as I can, *and* sometimes this is interpreted as rude, blunt, disrespectful, disagreeable, etc etc.

Apparently I forgot to add overly analytical and possibly confrontational. *shrugs* My point is made even more clearly. Some individuals experience mimes as confrontational. Some experience any kind of challenge to their paradigm at all as confrontational. 'Confrontational' is another one of those strangely wonderful things that I personally find rich for psychonauting exploration, but then I like psychonauting and Self hacking. I'm aware that many don't, or don't find my particular brand of such to their taste.

You may or may not be interested to know that what I am doing when I'm writing like that is hacking (as in computer, not barbarian) and mirroring with the purpose and intent of serving as a point of reflection for the aspects of the hologram I'm seeing, so that the possibility of greater understanding can be in the space. I do realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea, nor is the way that my mind works; I'm not interested in getting to a check where only two moves are possible so the players sit there eternally making those two moves.

I don't enjoy chess as a game, either physically or psychologically; I do things from an evolution perspective. I guess to the dinosaurs, dying off seemed pretty confrontational; anything where the external realm is shifting around in such a way that holding onto past behaviours and ways of Being means eventual- or abrupt- extinction is, as evidenced by the global social upheaval, pretty confrontational to those going through it. For me, from the moment I could talk I was looking at things, seeing the looming extinction and wanting to figure out how *not* to go extinct. Everything I do is pretty much based on that. Some of the things I've discovered as raising my likelihood of achieving my aim are fluidity of Being, psychological freedom from the mind virus (which means being free of such thinking as 'they should be concerned about MY discomfort and do something to make me feel better, such as think/behave differently/see things my way/accommodate my discomfort to suit me' and many other mechanisms of social, emotional and psychological control) and generally tuning in to my business, while leaving everyone else to theirs. I'm explaining how *I* work here, I'm not in any way at all suggesting, implying, inferring or being covertly confrontational towards you as a Being. This is simply what works for me on the path to achieving my purpose and intent in any situation.

while i understand what your point is and what your trying to say we appear to be having diametrically different experiences of this. That's ok.

I'm not ignorant to idea. BUT i do not deal in absolutes and it sounded like corson was, i may have expressed my distaste with more of the same problem.
and for that i apologies, but the point I'm trying to make and what you seem to be missing is her INITIAL reaction to my post was quite out of place for a forum of intellectual conversation.
If a moderator felt the need to take away her comment then i would surmise that it was just that.
After which i was upset by it and deemed it rude,
that would be a natural reaction to such a response, maybe i do not posses the power to step back into third person and Analise what i have said what she has said and then conclude.
but i am human after all.

I honestly cannot talk about the rest without getting more into the kind of psychonauting that you apparently experience as being confrontational. I have no wish to contribute to more of that energy, so I will simply let it go and be on my way. There is absolutely no reason at all why either of us needs the other to understand anything about each other, at least that I can see-I know that's not a space I sit in, anyway- so nothing crucial is lost. :) I'm simply not the right droid (as in, 'this is not the droid you seek', not as in I'm calling you a droid) in this instance, and there are plenty of others who will have much more useful things to contribute to you.

It's all good. :)

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 22:26

Lead yourself, please.

Personal responsibility... and that.....has exactly ZERO to do with the idea of leadership.

I was going to write a Pub style response to this and then realised that it was probably extremely inappropriate. *sheepish*

I echo the sentiments of your post, absolutely. Thanks for posting that.

songsfortheotherkind
18th March 2012, 23:03
Now does not matter how you cut that its rude and not on. That is also utterly subjective, I don't react to that the same way nor do I interpret it as 'rude'. 'Rude' is utterly interpreted by the individual- it's based on social and cultural conditioning, ...

if you want to post a topic be prepared to answer peoples posts with the same respect they give you by reading your post and offering there point of view. I often respond by calling out what I have come to see as the viral thinking that I observe in other's posts. I do it as respectfully and carefully as I can, *and* sometimes this is interpreted as rude, blunt, disrespectful, disagreeable, etc etc.

I could be "cute" and wonder if perhaps what another might dismiss (in your view) rudely, and what you might dismiss (in your view) respectfully as viral thinking ... might be the same sorts of thing :P.

I have said in other threads that I am the first to kick my own arse and am aware that the mindvirus deliberately creates areas where we are simply blind- I'm quite up for holding new elements of the hologram in my space and looking at my own stuff. :) I've learned -the hard way- to do this only with individuals who are also doing the same, because of how part of the virus work. I was intending to get a thread going on the mindvirus as I've experienced it; I'm aware that discussing this in other places often just simply devolves into confusion and defense, so I don't often go there. I don't personally see that using one element of virus-infected response to call out someone else on *their* expression of a virus-infected response supports the supposed desire to have a peaceful and co-creative world (which, while the words might be different, seems to be the basic aim of many on the forum). I can see the conflict between these two things- the intention and the action- and endeavour to point them out in as non-viral a way as possible. It is *really really difficult* for me to engage in most conversation for this reason.

But for me to do so would be passing up an opportunity to notice what I think is a difference.

Individually, when we're in our "me good, that bad" projection of the unintegrated darkness within us onto outer surfaces, rudeness is just one common mannerism, an individual choice that others can reasonably choose to pay no mind (and that forum mods can reasonably choose to prune back :) to some degree.)

But in the field that all our spirits form by their participation, we, the humans on this planet, are struggling with a virus, and we can help each other notice that virus. The necessary first step in a working immune system, which our shared field will require to keep that virus at bay, is a shared ability to identify that virus.

*nodding nodding nodding* yes, that is it exactly, though as the Being that I am I don't limit it to 'humans'. :) Part of my purpose and intent from childhood was to discover the interconnecting elements that allowed the platform of planetary psychosis to run- I taught myself to read at age three because I wanted to discover and comprehend what this oily blackness I saw moving around almost every Being I looked at was. I was looking for a way to undo the entire mechanism, not pull off leaves at a time- like that one perfect block in Jenga. :D I'm a hacker, I'm always looking for the most efficient way to do something. *laughing* I want to experience the post-Virus/Empire world, and I figured out that this wasn't going to happen until I could do something about the virus itself. I've been occupied with that on an etheric level for a looooong time, and recently I was told to do something more 'here' with what I know- and 'here' I am. :)

In other words ... is the virus you speak of the "Wetiko bug" that Paul Levy speaks of in this new Red Ice Radio interview: Paul Levy - Wetiko & The Dreaming (http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/03/RIR-120308.php)?

I came across the term 'wetiko' earlier last year when I'd been bugging my guides to give me a good word for something that I've been referring to since I was three. I used to call it the 'mind sickness' but gradual interaction with certain elements of it energetically and in experience led me to conclude that it was actually more like a virus/parasite in its nature and behaviour.

After I found 'wetiko' (through some Native American serendipity) I then found references to that book. I honestly haven't read it, have only found excerpts of it here and there, and what I have read seems to echo some of the things that I have personally learned about this virus. My limited understanding of the way the topic has been approached in Paul's book seems to suggest that he's seeing it in terms of a spiritual sickness, whereas for myself I've experienced it as something having a sentience of sorts and so the spiritual sickness aspect is a side-effect of infection, not the infection itself. I've learned to treat the virus as a form of consciousness, not an idea: it definitely has 'seen' me at various times in my life and responded with various forms of harm, some of which I bore the scars of for many years- and this was from attacks in the 'dream' world, not in the physical, so I've learned that it has many ways of looking after its own interests. Does Paul's book reference this? It would be interesting to discover more perspectives on that.

I'm really delighted to be talking about this subject, because it's one of my Big Things. :D I appreciate the distinction you've brought to the topic- I've been writing offline about just this- and a few other- subjects with the intention of getting a conversation going around the subtle and insidious expressions of the virus, get a kind of 'hacking crew' together (because I well know I don't see *everything* about it, even with my multiple sets of eyes, lol) and getting some finer distinctions, detection skill levels etc happening.

I've long had a vision, you see, of doing the 100th monkey thing with a small group of those who are as virus free as it's possible to be while still living in the miasm... :)

then Neo came along and gave me a different possibility all together. *laughing*

Ba-ba-Ra
18th March 2012, 23:16
NIETZSCHE: "GOD IS DEAD"

GOD: "NIETZSCHE IS DEAD"

I hope you get my point!

another bob
18th March 2012, 23:28

I hope you get my point!

http://i43.tinypic.com/qz0l6w.gif

Cilka
19th March 2012, 00:36
The reason why I joined this forum is because I have been interested in Kerry's and Bill's work for a very long time. Both of them have done truly a fantastic work in bringing in all kinds of people with incredible stories to tell, not all of them true but they all need to be told in order to find the truth. Both of them are very unique in their interviewieving skills, are very professional, they are very respectful to their guests and freedom of speech is what both of them truly believe in and they practise it in their work as well.

I grew up in a communist country and have lived in a capitalist country for the past 30 years and I have to say that I have experienced way less of freedom under the capitalist regime than under the communist one. I can confirm this because I lived through both regimes, my experiences do not come from reading books. So, I truly value freedom of speech and would never want to participate in the restrictions of what can or cannot be said her in this forum or outside of it.

Having said that, the reason I am not enjoying myself in discussing the various threads here is that I have different takes on what is being discussed here. At the beginning I used to respond more but it seems that people are not interested in responding to what I wrote, so there is no point in writing words that are empty for others when they read them. That does not bother me, it actually confirms to me that yes I am different, that's all.

It also seems that a lot of the members here are new to the ET phenomena, and have not done enough of research on all kinds of topics that affect our life on this planet. It truly is not enough to just listen to what Ed Dames says that will happen, or what Wilcock says is the truth of our universe or what Hoagland says is happening to comet Elenin etc. All these people are trying to find the truth just like the rest of us, but we wont find it in one or a few individuals with brillians minds either. It takes a lot of research to find at least one clue to the puzzle. The whole mess that we find outselves in today is incredible complex, and it is complex on purpose so that those who do want to figure this game out will have an incredibly hard time to accomplish this task. THat is why it is important that more and more people get involved in this project. But instead of getting involved, they get stuck in one individual who said this or that, and that what the individuals said has been written in stone and therefore it must be the truth. Sometimes we come across something that we discover that resonates with us on all levels, but then something happens, IF WE ARE OPEN MINDED, and that information does not resonate with us any longer because our higher self has discovered the truth that our physical brains did not know at the time. That is called progress. Being open minded is the most important skill we must have, otherwise we get left behind, and we dont have much time.

We must be open minded or we lose our way in our search for the truth. We must respect each other because we never know what we may one day learn from each other. Maybe someone will say something today that can be used a year later to put the puzzle together, only if we are open minded. If we immediately make up our mind about someone that he or she is telling bull at this instance, then we are restricting ourselves for the future.

So, lets not restrict our freedom of speech here in this forum. Let us come up with more interesting topics we call all discuss.

Snowbird
19th March 2012, 00:42
I came to PA to learn and that is exactly what has transpired. The information here on PA is like no other forum that I have visited or belonged to. This one is different. This one is informed and we are all learning together at our own paces.

This forum's conflicts are really no different than in real life. This is because of what we are going into and through currently. Change is the big word here. Change is not always easy to get through. But I have heard that what is really important is how we react to change. Stop and consider just how difficult it is for a group of people to get along when each person is changing at a different rate and their circumstances are totally unique. That is exactly what is happening on this forum. We are all/each in the flux of change....and it has only just begun folks. :nod:

songsfortheotherkind
19th March 2012, 01:11

I hope you get my point!

http://i43.tinypic.com/qz0l6w.gif

ok, that one made me burst out laughing.

Alie
19th March 2012, 01:27

Lead yourself, please.

Carmody, I disagree with you. Leadership is important. Leading yourself is a completely different topic. That is what I think this very diverse group of Avalonians are trying to do --- trying to lead themselves on their own Life Journey, so that is definitely an individual endeavor. But if you say there is no such thing as leadership, I think that a group of people without leadership becomes lawless and tyrannical. What's wrong with shepherding, mentorship, servanthood. That kind of leadership helps navigate the terrain.

songsfortheotherkind
19th March 2012, 01:29
Truth can be found anywhere and it can be mixed up with untruth and still valid.

There were two references to the mind virus and a new link posted to Paul Levy on Redice. You may have noticed that at the same time there is heightened emotion here about kinds of information and responses to others' responses that lead to frustration and discord, there are SEVERAL people in the zeitgeist who are bringing up the point that when our minds are being used, none of our thoughts are reliable as our own. I want feedback to know when my thoughts are way off base. How can that happen with no feedback?

Feedback, exactly. Tackling the mind virus/wetiko phenomenon is one of my passions, for various reasons. It seems pretty straightforward to me that any process intended to drag the deliberately hidden and murky out into the light where it can be examined is going to result in that thing lashing out. Even a worm squirms when you pull it out of the soil- these programs and manipulations we're beginning to bring out have been lurking about under the surface for eons, they're going to resist the process- which shows up in the hosts as dissonance, conflict, resistance etc. So, if the manifestations of some of the expressions here on the forum are echoing this, then I personally view it as things being on exactly the right track. :D

Carmody
19th March 2012, 01:36

Lead yourself, please.

Carmody, I disagree with you. Leadership is important. Leading yourself is a completely different topic. That is what I think this very diverse group of Avalonians are trying to do --- trying to lead themselves on their own Life Journey, so that is definitely an individual endeavor. But if you say there is no such thing as leadership, I think that a group of people without leadership becomes lawless and tyrannical. What's wrong with shepherding, mentorship, servanthood. That kind of leadership helps navigate the terrain.

My point was the one of leadership -- concerning this aspect:

"When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot." --Rabbi Shlomo Riskin

..and the dangers involved - therein. How leadership can be and is convoluted, separated, distanced.... to the point that people will sit down and read the paper about a war, while sipping their latte. The dangers of allowing such idealization to become who they are, what they are. To project into, instead of experience. To take direction, from an unknown or unrealized position.

"Human, govern thineself." And if one always moves to leadership as a thing that is seeked out, then the self never emerges. Only a carbon copy of movement and motions in a skein of knowing that has little to nothing to do with knowing and being. The dogmatic origins of religion, for example. "Those who can't --teach", they say. And thus their ignorance becomes dogma, detached from knowing and experiencing.

This can be seen in the act, when Bill comes to the forum, at times. Some reverse it and attack Bill, some overdo it in the other direction and fawn all over their leadership pretensions that are thrust upon him.

I'm sometimes embarrassed for those who indulge in either direction. It is difficult to read their posts, to not grimace when seeing them misdirect themselves over what is essentially nothing but their own projections. Projections, that most times...are coming from not living in the depths of their own selves (as an act of self clearing).

songsfortheotherkind
19th March 2012, 01:58

For those who have experience with tackling the mind virus, 'leadership' is one of the seemingly innocuous concepts that actually carry some very vile offshoots. Your assumption that a group without leadership will become lawless and tyrannical carries within it many other assumptions- that individuals are, like religion suggests, essentially 'corrupt' and 'need' guidance in order to not fall back into their 'lawless' true nature; that there must therefore be a class of 'leaders', those who for some reason or another are free of such corruption and who therefore have the 'right' to lead; that leadership is possible without the gradual disempowerment of those being 'led'; that such leadership does not devolve into domination over time- for me, there are too many dormant spores of mindvirus in such an approach for me to consider it a useful way to go.

What to me *is* useful is example- here I am, embracing my Sui Generis and that of all other sentient Beings, striving in every moment to dissolve the mindvirus spores, seedlings and effects within me, holding that space so that perhaps others so inclined have a possible general map or place of beginning for their own endeavours in the same area. I have no interest in being a 'leader' and every passion in being one source of antidote- as incomplete as it currently is- to the condition I see around me. I do this by paying attention foremost to my *own* internal landscape, the promptings of my *own* guides and intuitions- I have guides, yes, *and* they don't do 'leadership' either, they are lovingly holding their *own* space so that I can map what they are doing and apply what is relevant and useful to my own path. None of us has any interest in anything but the full Sui Generis expression of the other, in any moment- there is, to me, a vast difference between loving support in the moment and the idea that I am in any way in need of a 'leader'.

To me, these are deeply important distinctions.

songsfortheotherkind
19th March 2012, 02:12

Lead yourself, please.

My point was the one of leadership -- concerning this aspect:

"When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot." --Rabbi Shlomo Riskin

..and the dangers involved - therein. How leadership can be and is convoluted, separated, distanced.... to the point that people will sit down and read the paper about a war, while sipping their latte. The dangers of allowing such idealization to become who they are, what they are. To project into, instead of experience. To take direction, from an unknown or unrealized position.

"Human, govern thineself." And if one always moves to leadership as a thing that is seeked out, then the self never emerges. Only a carbon copy of movement and motions in a skein of knowing that has little to nothing to do with knowing and being. The dogmatic origins of religion, for example. "Those who can't --teach", they say. And thus their ignorance becomes dogma, detached from knowing and experiencing.

This can be seen in the act, when Bill comes to the forum, at times. Some reverse it and attack Bill, some overdo it in the other direction and fawn all over their leadership pretensions that are thrust upon him.

I'm sometimes embarrassed for those who indulge in either direction. It is difficult to read their posts, to not grimace when seeing them misdirect themselves over what is essentially nothing but their own projections. Projections, that most times...are coming from not living in the depths of their own selves (as an act of self clearing).

I deeply appreciate your perspective on this subject. I'm also deeply appreciative that, at least in this moment, there's a discussion being had about some of the possible evidences of manifestation of viral-infected thinking- to me, these sorts of discussions are where the evolution is definitely moving around in interesting and powerful ways. :D

Alie
19th March 2012, 02:15
Well I understand the point you are trying to make Carmody & Songsfortheotherkind. But there are assumptions that you are making ... That humans have the discipline to navigate through society on their own, self directed and respectful to all that are in their space. That certainly would be the ideal. But until most people are able to live that way (and I certainly am the first one to say I don't do it well), then I believe leadership is important.

There's no easy answer, because leadership is servanthood --- serving the people by encouraging them to reach their very best and highest potential. I don't think there are too many people that would/could lead that way ... so in that regards, you could be right.

Cilka
19th March 2012, 02:23
Carmody, I disagree with you. Leadership is important. Leading yourself is a completely different topic. That is what I think this very diverse group of Avalonians are trying to do --- trying to lead themselves on their own Life Journey, so that is definitely an individual endeavor. But if you say there is no such thing as leadership, I think that a group of people without leadership becomes lawless and tyrannical. What's wrong with shepherding, mentorship, servanthood. That kind of leadership helps navigate the terrain.[/QUOTE]

Alie, I have to disagree with you totally. I consider myself a grown up woman, and therefore I dont need a daddy or mommy telling me what to think. There is a lot wrong with shepherding any nation, especially when you consider the kind of leaderships that this world has encountered over the years. Bill has his own work that is keeping him busy enough, I would assume that the little time he has left in the day he would not want to waste it on babysitting those who do not want to be responsible for their actions.

I think that people seriously need to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions. It is really not that scary to be a grown up. Try it and I will bet that you will grow to love it, and in fact even crave it.

Alie
19th March 2012, 02:48

Alie, I have to disagree with you totally. I consider myself a grown up woman, and therefore I dont need a daddy or mommy telling me what to think. There is a lot wrong with shepherding any nation, especially when you consider the kind of leaderships that this world has encountered over the years. Bill has his own work that is keeping him busy enough, I would assume that the little time he has left in the day he would not want to waste it on babysitting those who do not want to be responsible for their actions.

I think that people seriously need to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions. It is really not that scary to be a grown up. Try it and I will bet that you will grow to love it, and in fact even crave it.

Well I am not talking about Bill here. I was talking about leadership in general. I would assume that I am just like you and all the other women here. Grown up. Taking full responsibility for myself and my family. Independent. Think for myself kind of person.

Of course people need to "grow up", so what? They can't/won't for the most part. So in the mean time ... what? Like a traffic circle with any car coming and going without direction? Maybe you're talking about a place that is yet to be - the ideal place of ascension. If you are then I can certainly say that is what and where I want to end up, and am working towards. But for now --- I'm not in that world.

And for this very second, I'm participating in a forum of many folks. Some may want to be led, others not. My opinion is that good, benevolent leadership is a good thing. Yours is different than mine. That's ok with me.

songsfortheotherkind
19th March 2012, 02:56
http://superdickery.com/images/stories/bondage/ww_28_the_basic_moral.jpg

Delight
19th March 2012, 03:10

Well I am not talking about Bill here. I was talking about leadership in general. I would assume that I am just like you and all the other women here. Grown up. Taking full responsibility for myself and my family. Independent. Think for myself kind of person.

Of course people need to "grow up", so what? They can't/won't for the most part. So in the mean time ... what? Like a traffic circle with any car coming and going without direction? Maybe you're talking about a place that is yet to be - the ideal place of ascension. If you are then I can certainly say that is what and where I want to end up, and am working towards. But for now --- I'm not in that world.

And for this very second, I'm participating in a forum of many folks. Some may want to be led, others not. My opinion is that good, benevolent leadership is a good thing. Yours is different than mine. That's ok with me.

I know I am new to the forum and I may be confused about the general understanding of purpose for Avalon. I thought it is an informational forum? Sincerely other than the diverging opinions and the occasional emotional interplays, what is the "problem" that needs a leadership solution? What is the Avalon purpose that is in need of "leadership"?

Certainly it would be antithetical to "freedom of expression" to expect a leader would tell us what to think, what to post or say (except in the general guidelines).
My observation is that the forum has moderators who do intervene if the behavior of a person becomes verbally offensive. Then there is a set of guidelines about "whole sale" cut and paste.

There are people leading by example: those able to articulate points well, or who are wayshowers or charismatic in some way. Is there a point that I am missing? Maggie

Alie
19th March 2012, 03:18

I know I am new to the forum and I may be confused about the general understanding of purpose for Avalon. I thought it is an informational forum? Sincerely other than the diverging opinions and the occasional emotional interplays, what is the "problem" that needs a leadership solution? What is the Avalon purpose that is in need of "leadership"?

Certainly it would be antithetical to "freedom of expression" to expect a leader would tell us what to think, what to post or say (except in the general guidelines).
My observation is that the forum has moderators who do intervene if the behavior of a person becomes verbally offensive. Then there is a set of guidelines about "whole sale" cut and paste.

There are people leading by example: those able to articulate points well, or who are wayshowers or charismatic in some way. Is there a point that I am missing? Maggie

Wow! I look forward to the rest of the thread- I know I've made my point so I'll quit trying to elaborate. You do not agree with me. You view leadership differently than I do. I appreciate your view point, which is simply different than mine.

VaughnB
19th March 2012, 04:19
Not being a member for long, I don't have much perspective, I see much on the conspiracy front, criticism, might be well to junk the entire forum; start over with some new topical headings like health, media, technology, spirituality, karma, celebration, laughter, welcome, no general discussion.

Has been going downhill the last several months with negativity, i'm considering leaving since i don't come on much anymore as well.

Carmody
19th March 2012, 06:46
Evolution is a process not a red button that gets hit with expectation.

It can only move as fast as the mind can alter itself--- physically.

Which is a slow thing. Years, in fact. At a minimum. Usually in the decades range.

Prior to that 'final' change in the individual (which actually never ends, it is a flow, a process, ongoing and into the next life), will be layers of clearing that will be paranoid, angry, shouty, itchy, mean, unpredictable, sappy, sad, happy, everything under the sun, in extremes and in no particular order.

That is the way of things.

If one never starts, they will never get there.

An angry negative forum, is merely a beginning, nothing more.

ViralSpiral
19th March 2012, 06:58
Not being a member for long, I don't have much perspective, I see much on the conspiracy front, criticism, might be well to junk the entire forum; start over with some new topical headings like health, media, technology, spirituality, karma, celebration, laughter, welcome, no general discussion.

Has been going downhill the last several months with negativity, i'm considering leaving since i don't come on much anymore as well.

Words have power.....

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/107568/butterfly-effect-magical.gif

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 07:09
Thank you for starting this thread Corson, it brought me back to the forum. I realized that I have something positive to contribute. I will start a thread on that tomorrow.

Best Wishes, Marguerite

9eagle9
19th March 2012, 13:28
I hate to remind people that this is forum where things of a 'negative' nature are posted daily, even by those who proclaim they are sick of the negativity.

Some topics on the forum posted daily are in the nature of enforced population control, malignant ETs and other entities, chemtrails, corruption of politics, church, state, Creating artifical economies, covert attacks by the ptb upon the general populace via media, EM and mind control. Just to name a few.

It is beyond my comprehension that this forum was created to explicitly examine negative issues of this nature and all the while people bawling (even as they are posting these topics) about the prescence of negativity.

"Oh...weep ...someone doesn't agree with my favorite whistleblower hero. It's so negative."

It just is what it is. An equal number of people probably don't like your favorite soap opera either. If people didn't turn the subject matter into a platform for their inability to manage themselves, the conflict would simmer down immediately.

Horrors yes, I am actually suggesting learn to manage themselves instead of constantly expecting others to provice a security blanket at all times. Its not the presence of negativity, that is what this forum is exploring, its the presence of a LOT of really fearful and insecure people who expect others to be vigilanlty babysitting them at all times.

3/4's of this forum needs to get a grip on themselves and quit blaming others for their inability to see what they are doing and what they are doing to themselves and refusing to take responsiblity for managing themselves.

If people knew how to manage themselves--self governance-- the issue of leadership wouldn't be an issue.

Delight
19th March 2012, 14:06
9eagle9 helped me understand something about what I see in the forum. She mentions that people should not be shocked here by negativity. The opposite pole is being shocked by "positivity" (as in the insistent positivity of "channeled" information. AHHHH.

Balance is what is asked. The inner balance that places us in the neutral zone of the good red road. So when not in balance, we swing wildly. If the swing is not managed inner, it appears outer as highs/lows of emotion. We will always be shocked when we are not in internal balance. Personally I have always wrestled with paranoia in my life...hypervigilance and general inability to trust that I may be vulnerable. Soooo, what does paranoia need as a balance? PRONOIA....

Yes, I see something more clearly. When we have a diverse group of unbalanced (not a slur, just an energy stance) people there will be some outrage at both plolar stances. Yet, the polarity in the stances balance the whole. So we retreat to the inner world seeing what was mismanaged and there we find the projector for the screen we just looked upon. Awesome!!!

I manage myself by deliberately applying distrust to my paranoia and seek the middle. Here are techniques such as I use to manage inner balance of paranoia.

http://www.freewillastrology.com/beauty/pronoia.therapy.html
TORRENTIAL PRONOIA THERAPY
Experiments and exercises in becoming a blasphemously reverent, lustfully compassionate, eternally changing Master of Transgressive Beauty

1. Take inventory of the extent to which your "No" reflex dominates your life. Notice for 24 hours (even in your dreams) how often you say or think:

"No."
"That's not right."
"I don't like them."
"I don't agree with that."
"They don't like me."
"That should be different from what it is."

Then retrain yourself to say "YES" at least 51 percent of the time. Start the transformation by saying "YES" aloud 22 times right now.

2. Go to the ugliest or most forlorn place you know -- a drugstore parking lot, the front porch of a crack house, a toxic waste dump, or the place that symbolizes your secret shame -- and build a shrine devoted to beauty, truth, and love.

Here are some suggestions about what to put in your shrine: a silk scarf; a smooth rock on which you've inscribed a haiku or joke with a felt-tip pen; coconut cookies or ginger candy; pumpkin seeds and an origami crane; a green kite shaped like a dragon; a music CD you love; a photo of your hero; a votive candle carved with your word of power; a rubber ducky; a bouquet of fresh beets; a print of Van Gogh's Starry Night.

The One
19th March 2012, 14:53
What a funny species we are.How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking.I look for what needs to be done. After all, that's how the universe designs itself

But thats what makes us unique

Free will xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jorr lundstrom
19th March 2012, 15:41
Having an opinion not everyone have, is not the same
as being negative. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGU-zhC_Au4

All is well

Jorr

Delight
19th March 2012, 16:52
Having an opinion not everyone have, is not the same
as being negative. LOL

All is well

Jorr

Having an opinion yes is not the same as negativity. However, having the opinion that one's opinion of what is seen in the surface of external happenings is the "REAL" truth is not TRUE. This is what the Wetiko would have us do. Negativity to me is saying, the problems you see are all that is real (the surface). Positivity is sayng that "your problem is having a problem" with what you see (denying the surface). They are two sides of problem, reaction, solution. All this is played out in the mirror over and over.

The two will balance each other in the collective. A negatively charged group will tolerate warring over a problem. A positively charged group will retreat and Om into the cave of denial.

I love David Icke. David icke has been with me on my journey since his first book. We have traveled through phases of growth. We have decided in our journey to refuse to be bowled over by any information. Then we have chosen to realize that the information does not determine our experience when we wake up beyond all information to the Truth that only love is real.

MY willingness to stand for Truth is the same as the willingness to stand for love. This is not the "positivity" of sacchaine (or aspartame) lovie dovie substitute but the love that informs the living (the Organic beingness of Gaia, our bodies and all that is REAL). Love is not just green but comes in all colors (as Michael Monk said).

The great mystery of manifestation has laws and will build out what we hold onto in belief. I am willing to have my problems, reactions and solutions swept away in truth that everything changes on the surface. My opinions will show me themselves first. I invite Love to sneak in and undo all my opinions by bowling me over in the flow I do not know. Just thinking out loud here of what I value today. Maggie

jorr lundstrom
19th March 2012, 17:07
Thank you Delight for your opinion. I just happen to see a
tendency on the forum, that not charing the common view
among most members is interpreted as negative. Nothing
else. Truth is not a question of majority. Just saying.

All is well

Jorr

prc
19th March 2012, 17:27
Dear All,

I wish to ask the old avalonians to remain in the forum. Stick to the threads related to Bill and those related to those people interviewed by Project Camelot. Bill has recently posted a thread saying his original intention when he created the forum. He said he has set the forum up to create a community that could help each other in case of a huge disaster. And I understood he said that wanted us to stick to the general discussion forum where people could exchange information regarding how to be independent of the grid.

With all my love,

Prc

crosby
21st March 2012, 14:18
for those of you that know me, you know that a thread like this is out of character for me. that being said, i would like you to realize that this is what some of us see when we go into other threads. the verbage may not be the same, but the effect is. we all want avalon to be the greatest forum. and to a certain extent it is. there are problems, this is palpable.

for those of you that came into this thread and read past the anger and responded with why you are here and what you would like to accomplish, many kudos to you. that was the main issue. it shows that intent for some is different than for others. i was glad to see that many responded to the one point that was truly feasible. i give my thanks to you for that.

for those of you who came in and responded to my behavior with your opinions, well, i think my point was made. we are many things, we all have many ideas, we all have much to offer. taking the positive and making it shine is what makes an appointed difference in the end.

i have one thing that i need to fix on this thread. and i am doing it out of respect for another member. other than that, i will leave it up to the mods to keep it open or closed.
warmest regards to all, corson

Carmody
21st March 2012, 15:13
It may be safe to say that everyone is here running their own personal bicycle race.

And if I somehow decide that I want to correct someone else's individual bicycle race to conform to mine, I might encounter some issues. If I wish to pedal along with someone else for a while, then I should strive to be polite and not crash into them. I should also be careful to not crash mine own, so I won't take a bunch of them down in my own given accident or corrections of my path.

However, for a bicycle race to function at all, in a crowded street .....it needs a modicum of understood rules.

One is not be inflamed by the idea of basic issues of commonality, even if that be part of the particular path of the given personal bicycle race. After all, one is in possession and use of a bicycle, which means commonality exists in a basic form, whether one decides to realize it or not. Thus certain commonalities create or form a basic rule set, via their very existence in and as a system of conveyance.

All human existence has some form of commonality, otherwise breadth of human existence would have no reach. Individuation, but everyone is riding a bicycle, of some sort...but a bicycle indeed it is.

To excuse the self from some basic forms of commonality in the given individual bicycle race.. breaches the basics and shrinks the horizon to a barest level of closeness and distance; to a confining path of obstacles and barriers that need not be there. To constrict one's own field of dreams, through a reluctance to face the breakage of ones own bicycle effectiveness via issues that surround the propelling of the self.

Essentially, to give offense or to take offense are both a lesson of the road and the ride. To expand the horizon of the given ride so the bicycle can be rode or driven to any of the corners and all points in between.... requires a basic consideration of neither giving or taking offense.

Riding, behaviour, signals, integration, flow.

This requires a conscious act of self governance, to balance the self on the bicycle, in an act of gyroscopic flowing perfection. This is a learned thing, not an inherent thing.

9eagle9
22nd March 2012, 10:23
If people are striving for individuality and oneness all at the same time, the result will be a collision.

PurpleLama
22nd March 2012, 10:59
Collision or collusion? Hmmmm....

crosby
22nd March 2012, 11:27
Carmody, although i do agree that having many bicycles is great, each one being individual in its' own right, i also believe that paying attention to roadside hazards is a factor. i say let everyone participate, they may ride their ten speed, their 3 speed, their unicylce, their skateboard, their bicycle built for two. i also am in favor of letting others win the race. what i do not favor are the mischievous ones that poke sticks in others spokes, or throw rocks from the sidelines. this is a lovely race, some are just there because they love to participate. some are there to win. some are there for personal growth. but there are some that are there to injure. there must be someone in the crowd that sees this and must state the fact openly.
warmest regards, corson

9eagle9
22nd March 2012, 14:11
People on the sidelines have the least amount of manueverability. You're on a bike, they're not.

Ride in the middle of the lane.

Jeffrey
22nd March 2012, 14:31
Carmody, although i do agree that having many bicycles is great, each one being individual in its' own right, i also believe that paying attention to roadside hazards is a factor. i say let everyone participate, they may ride their ten speed, their 3 speed, their unicylce, their skateboard, their bicycle built for two. i also am in favor of letting others win the race. what i do not favor are the mischievous ones that poke sticks in others spokes, or throw rocks from the sidelines. this is a lovely race, some are just there because they love to participate. some are there to win. some are there for personal growth. but there are some that are there to injure. there must be someone in the crowd that sees this and must state the fact openly.
warmest regards, corson

If someone is malevolently and intentionally trying to sabotage your bike ride by knocking you off then first you use your words (i.e. reason with them), next you give them warning (i.e. bark), then if they persist, you kick their front tire and watch them eat gravel.

:rolleyes:

PurpleLama
22nd March 2012, 14:38
Nah, Vivek, you manifest a motor on that bad boy and let 'em eat your dust, instead. Leaving a trail to follow, mind you. I love the sound of a stretching metaphor, before it pops.

Jeffrey
22nd March 2012, 15:13
Nah, Vivek, you manifest a motor on that bad boy and let 'em eat your dust, instead. Leaving a trail to follow, mind you. I love the sound of a stretching metaphor, before it pops.

Ha I see you're taking the higher path, bicycle path mind you… *pop*

haha me and you would prolly be riding the nimbus cloud with a pouch full of sensu beans though, just sayin'