PDA

View Full Version : My Journey by MargueriteBee

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 18:33
The intent of this thread is to discuss my journey. I will broaden the scope of this thread as time goes by. All I ask of the forum is that you be polite.

I live off the electrical grid in an earth covered dome home in Washington state on five acres near Rainier. We do have a propane run generator if needed.

It isn't always easy to live with solar power, especially in winter when the sun is hidden by constant rain clouds. That means all I can use is one light at a time and my Ipad. Nothing is left plugged in except the highly energy efficient fridge.

Solar was really great when we had the ice storm last month. The power was out for ten days and our neightbors were generators were running loudly and constantly.

Today we are treating the chickens for scaley leg mites. Which means I gotta go out and empty the chicken coop, wash it down and treat the entire thing before we bring any chickens back in. Then we gotta treat the chickens.

Lisab
19th March 2012, 18:35
Welcome back MargueriteBee x

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 19:03
Thank you Lisab, it is good to be back.

I hadn't seen Silly Bunny for a few weeks so yesterday I decided to experiment. I mentally called out his name. He heard me and came right up to me. So I went in the house and got him a piece of his favorite fruit, banana, he enjoyed it!

Silly is a rabbit I got last spring as a house pet. That did not work out and I knew he hated living in a cage so I set him free on the property. He dug his house underneath the wood pile and has happily lived there since.

Debra
19th March 2012, 20:02
Hello MargueriteeBee,

Nice to connect with you. I am very interested to hear more about your journey, why and how you made it possible for yourself to live on the five acres and off the grid.

Your climate would be similar to where I am right now, so I would definitely appreciate some technical advice, as you go along, about building a structure of the kind you now live in.

Silly Billy sounds a very happy little being :) It would be good to hear more about your growing relationship with the natural world and the wildlife and elementals around you.

Also, how will you be treating your chickens?

Well, I think I have asked enough questions for now and I look forward to reading more from you.

Best of wishes,
Zebra

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 20:11
Hi Zebra, thank you for your interest.

The house was already built when I got here Nov 2010. I rent the small dome.

I just came in from assisting the property owner with treating Rooster. First washed his feet then applied karosene/linseed oil and finished off with a liberal coat of vasaline. We also applied dichtomanious earth on his entire body. Then we took turns sweeping out the coop. She is coating the sticks they sit on with the karosene/linseed oil mix also.

If anyone has other suggestions please post them.

Now for your listening pleasure something that I found very helpful:

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel on audiobook.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=G2uSi_ehHRg

giovonni
19th March 2012, 20:38
Welcome Back ~ MB http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0137-clapping.gif

Hopefully ~ You will share and post some of those wonderfully lovely pics ~ you have accumulated over the last year...?

Blessings http://factoryjoe.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/emoticon-0152-heart.gif Always ~ Gio

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 20:41
Yes my friend, I will as soon as I figure out how on my Ipad.

I sent you email.

Corncrake
19th March 2012, 20:51
How nice to see you back on the forum and I look forward to reading more about your life - of particular interest to one who lives in a city and has always dreamt of being self sufficient! I visited Mount Rainier just over 18 years ago when staying in Seattle and found it beautiful. Everyone warned me that Seattle was as wet as England and the whole three weeks I was there was a heat wave. Happy memories.

kathymarie
19th March 2012, 20:57
HI....it's nice to read this post....I've often wanted to live off the electrical grid. We're working on it but not there yet. Good luck with your chicken's scaley leg mites. I'm a beekeeper but don't have too much of a mite problem with my honeybees. I look forward to more of your posts. Oh...and I just got an email from James Gilliland with a link to a photo of a UFO sighted near Mr. Rainier....but it looks more like the photos I saw on Avalon of what's thought to be a stargate. Have you seen any wonders in your night sky?

Blessings....

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 21:12
Hi Corncrake and KathyMarie. It is not easy to live off grid. I use fire for heat exclusively. The good this about this house is it retains the heat and it is usually 69 degrees when I get up in the morning. However in the summer I put on a jacket when I come in the house.

Yes, it rains and rains. I have learned that if it is not raining run outside and get wood cause it will start raining soon.

I too am a friend of Eceti and have much wonderful to share about my experiences there when I have time.

We had about 40 trees come down last month during the ice storm and I am busy, busy sawing, cutting and stacking.

giovonni
19th March 2012, 22:58
Yes my friend, I will as soon as I figure out how on my Ipad.

I sent you email.

My dear friend MargueriteBee :hug: ... Asked me to post these pics here ~
note till she gets acquainted with the tech applications on her apple device

Note she has many beautiful photos to share here in time ... :photo:

Here's few of the members of her lovely shared homestead ...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/484406_319249071470321_100001556913726_867904_2147 349973_n.jpg

Also~ this is where MB's pet (now free & wild) bunny Silly dwells ~ under the wood pile ...
Silly's house ~
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/314106_319247744803787_100001556913726_867900_1664 038889_n.jpg

WhiteFeather
19th March 2012, 23:11
Good to see you back and posting MB : )

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 23:17
Dont know why Gio but I cant see the pics. Gonna turn on the PC and see if I can figure out how to up load some.

Ellisa
19th March 2012, 23:33
I can't get the photos either. I am looking forward to seeing them.

What an interesting post- I am reading and enjoying it and and find I can easily imagine you in the cosy dome house with the rain streaming down. Do you have other animals as companions, as opposed to farm animals? I would imagine they would be great company.

MargueriteBee
19th March 2012, 23:36

Here is Silly Bunny.

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 00:12
A warm cozy fire.

Silly's house under the woodpile.

I live in the small dome on the left.

Okay gotta shut down the PC it pulls too much power from the batteries.

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 00:25
I can't get the photos either. I am looking forward to seeing them.
What an interesting post- I am reading and enjoying it and and find I can easily imagine you in the cosy dome house with the rain streaming down. Do you have other animals as companions, as opposed to farm animals? I would imagine they would be great company.

Yes Ellisa I am friends with the deer family who live on the property and Turkey Girl. we also have crows, an owl, other birds. I am glad you are enjoying this thread.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Good to see you back and posting MB : )

Welcome Whitefeather glad to see you here.

Ellisa
20th March 2012, 00:46
You know what Marguerite I don't think that the bunny is at all silly! His home looked very comfortable. Rabbits make good pets. My grandchildren had a HUGE one (dutch giant). He would sleep in his hutch most nights but he had the freedom of the garden as well. Sadly he died last weekend-- he was 8 and that made him a very old rabbit indeed. I still have some vegetable scraps in the fridge for him that I have to throw out!

We have a dog and cat as pets but we also enjoy the wild rainbow lorikeets that visit us. I feed them seed and honey-water and they come in fairly large numbers. They are beautiful small parrots and are very amusing. They are noisy and very argumentative and we spend hours watching them. I wish I could post a picture of one to show how lovely they are-- but I have never mastered that!

mosquito
20th March 2012, 01:33
Nice to see you back Marguerite !

I look forward to being inspired by your journey and adventure in life.

Blessings, Philip

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 01:54
You know what Marguerite I don't think that the bunny is at all silly! His home looked very comfortable. Rabbits make good pets. My grandchildren had a HUGE one (dutch giant). He would sleep in his hutch most nights but he had the freedom of the garden as well. Sadly he died last weekend-- he was 8 and that made him a very old rabbit indeed. I still have some vegetable scraps in the fridge for him that I have to throw out!

We have a dog and cat as pets but we also enjoy the wild rainbow lorikeets that visit us. I feed them seed and honey-water and they come in fairly large numbers. They are beautiful small parrots and are very amusing. They are noisy and very argumentative and we spend hours watching them. I wish I could post a picture of one to show how lovely they are-- but I have never mastered that!

I would love to have a dog but sadly there is no room for one here.

What a wonderful life your rabbit had, eight years is a long time for a rabbit, you took wonderful care of it.

Here is the link with instructions,
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?11918-How-to-post-images-from-your-computer

These animals is Mother Earth showing us her love.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Nice to see you back Marguerite !

I look forward to being inspired by your journey and adventure in life.

Blessings, Philip

Thank you Philip, it is my wish to inspire others and to make a beneficial contribution to the forum. That is why I returned.

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 19:51

Here are a few of the beings that live on the property.

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 20:17
14865Depending on wood for heat means a lot of work.

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 22:27
Right now we got a guy here working on stopping leaks. That is the downside to building a home that is under so much earth. The water comes up underneath and out threw the achor bolts that connect the dome to the concrete floor. Even with all of the extensive waterproofing water has it's way. This will be the fifth try since I have been here to try to stop the leaking.

Beren
20th March 2012, 22:32
Hi Corncrake and KathyMarie. It is not easy to live off grid. I use fire for heat exclusively. The good this about this house is it retains the heat and it is usually 69 degrees when I get up in the morning. However in the summer I put on a jacket when I come in the house.

Yes, it rains and rains. I have learned that if it is not raining run outside and get wood cause it will start raining soon.

I too am a friend of Eceti and have much wonderful to share about my experiences there when I have time.

We had about 40 trees come down last month during the ice storm and I am busy, busy sawing, cutting and stacking.

Be blessed good Bee !

:)

MargueriteBee
20th March 2012, 22:39
Blessed be to you also dear one.

MargueriteBee
25th March 2012, 02:10
14971Silly had to come out and see what was going on.
14970Getting the west garden ready for planting.14969This is the top of the house. In a few months it will be covered in red clover.

Sad to say Roostrer passed away today. It isn't easy to keep chickens.

MargueriteBee
6th April 2012, 02:31
The mama deer and her two babies from last year were out beside my car. I was coming back from putting the chickens to bed. I talked to them, they looked at me and then went back to grazing. They know I won't hurt them. They are white tailed deer.

edit: Did I tell you Rooster died. He had red lice. And two days ago one of the hens disappeared. Gone. Now we can go buy some more chickens at the feed store whenever we want but if SHTF we would need to know which neighbor we could barter for chickens with. But the neighbors keep to themselves.

conk
6th April 2012, 14:29
You're living my fantasy. I know it's hard work, but it seems so rewarding and life enriching. The Gods love you and have blessed you.

What's the frog's name? ;)

MargueriteBee
6th April 2012, 16:24
You're living my fantasy. I know it's hard work, but it seems so rewarding and life enriching. The Gods love you and have blessed you.

What's the frog's name? ;).

Frog. He lives in the drain next to the door. Every so often, usually in the evening, he starts croaking. He is so loud!

MargueriteBee
6th April 2012, 21:29
I just chased off either a big gray fox or a young coyote. I am sure this is what grabbed the disappeared chicken. Looks like we will need to build a chicken coop now. Personally chickens are not worth the trouble because the sulphur in farm fresh eggs makes me gag and I am damn tired of stepping in chicken poop.

I just looked at pics of coyotes and foxes and it was a gray fox for sure.

MargueriteBee
7th April 2012, 08:41
Peace by John Denver

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=bpO0lsTQSs0

MargueriteBee
7th April 2012, 21:05
I just came in from taking a break. I was sitting on the patio enjoying some apple cider vinegar in some apple juice when I noticed turkey girl on the other side of the drive, next to the beehive, taking a dust bath. She is a sweet thing. I wonder if she will have a chick this year. She had one last fall when she first came here but it disappeared during winter.

Earlier, while spraying the garden with vinegar to keep the weeds down, I heard the familiar cry of bald eagles. I looked up and there were two eagles flying pretty close. One lit on a tree and sat there looking at me. I welcomed it and said they were beautiful and went back to my work.

It is a beautiful, sunny, chemtrail free day!

MargueriteBee
7th April 2012, 21:58
I take it back about the chemtrails.....:(

Beren
7th April 2012, 22:09
I just came in from taking a break. I was sitting on the patio enjoying some apple cider vinegar in some apple juice when I noticed turkey girl on the other side of the drive, next to the beehive, taking a dust bath. She is a sweet thing. I wonder if she will have a chick this year. She had one last fall when she first came here but it disappeared during winter.

Earlier, while spraying the garden with vinegar to keep the weeds down, I heard the familiar cry of bald eagles. I looked up and there were two eagles flying pretty close. One lit on a tree and sat there looking at me. I welcomed it and said they were beautiful and went back to my work.

It is a beautiful, sunny, chemtrail free day!

Energy that you sow around by your soul is attracting life towards it...
Hence here`s a little more Love to you so you can sow ever more!

:)

crosby
7th April 2012, 23:39
MargueiteBee, welcome back. i am so excited to read more about your life off the grid. your pic's are beautiful. i am very excited that you are back with us here at avalon. how are the winters for you there?
warmest regards, corson

MargueriteBee
7th April 2012, 23:54
MargueiteBee, welcome back. i am so excited to read more about your life off the grid. your pic's are beautiful. i am very excited that you are back with us here at avalon. how are the winters for you there?
warmest regards, corson

Thank you Corson. The winter here is cold and wet with a bit of snow here and there. Last February we had an ice storm and we lost a bunch of trees. Today I spent several hours still cleaning up. We are using the wood for the woodboxes. That means the whole tree. I am making piles of kindling and we cut up the trunks to split later this summer. My friends at Eceti are still digging out to.

MargueriteBee
9th April 2012, 22:07
I've been out in the greenhouse planting seedlings. So far I have virginia tobacco, stevia, tomatoes, yellow squash and pumpkins!

MargueriteBee
10th April 2012, 05:57
15398 A bit of harvest last fall. 15397Red cabbage after watering. 15396 This is my garden last year.

Ellisa
10th April 2012, 06:25
What a wonderful crop you grew in your garden. The veggies all look so healthy. I am very jealous of the cabbage-- mine fed an army of white butterflies and fat green caterpillars (which attracted the birds, so not all bad!)

MargueriteBee
10th April 2012, 06:44
I hardly had any bugs at all, very lucky. It was all delicious, thank you.

wavydome
10th April 2012, 10:22
Right now we got a guy here working on stopping leaks. That is the downside to building a home that is under so much earth. The water comes up underneath and out threw the achor bolts that connect the dome to the concrete floor. Even with all of the extensive waterproofing water has it's way. This will be the fifth try since I have been here to try to stop the leaking.

Chances are all the good remedies have already been tried, but, just in case it helps, here is one generic type of product i find extraordinary in stoping concrete leaks-- A leak activated, crystalizing-emitter, cementitious product. The crystalizing aspect is drawn toward leaks and fine fissures, but not open surfaces. I've tried 2 brands which have worked on ferrocement dome roofing and also for making advanced plumbing fixtures, (manifolds for branching out or for sustituting other expensive plumbing adaptors)..... To avoid 'advertising', people are welcome to PM me for brands i've tried.

The thing with lime in mortars, is that it all too often can dislodge itself, (if it has not bonded sufficiently with silicates). Free lime loves to travel through fissures, given water.

Also as to chickens, we've had chickens 40+ years and without mites.... Chickens need a dust bath literally. Basically fine, dried, loose soil, the size of a comfy nest will do. Chickens just love these as much as humans love bubble baths. I have added diatomaceous earth or sometimes ag-lime to my local fine soil, it all works well.

We have al lot of rain here too, shelters are key.

http://harmoniouspalette.com/ChickenBath.jpg
Edit-- Adding picture of a "bathing chicken"... She couldn't wait for drier soil. It seems that damp soil dries within her feathers and ultimately dusts away the mites. We generally let our chickens roam through the gardens in early spring to eat up the ticks. In moderation, they won't hurt perennials. But it slows down prepping the vegetable beds, since chickens are attached to any freshly scratched soil. Every peck helps, otherwise.

Anchor
10th April 2012, 11:02
Thanks so much for this thread. It is everything that Avalon and forums like it need to be for our new Earth :)

MargueriteBee
11th April 2012, 01:53
Thank you wavydome, I sent you a pm.

You are welcome Anchor, enjoy.

Today we got a new rooster. He came from a flock of over two hundred that lived in a two acre fenced area. Poor guy doesnt know what to do with himself. He wonders where he is and why there are only a few hens. I will take a pic and post it.

MargueriteBee
13th April 2012, 06:01
15506New Rooster, he let me get within two feet of him today while he was sitting on top of the beehive. He has a sweet and trusting personality.

15505 Little Buddy, he makes a mess.

MargueriteBee
14th April 2012, 22:23
Well I am out of commision for a few days. I hurt my back digging a gosh dang flower bed. Pisses me off cause I need to be preparing the east garden right now and I can't. I sure wish there were others living here to help out. I do think a community is better than just one or two to do the work.

This morning I got a pic of Rooster looking in my door. He seemed to be thinking, " got any food?". That's all he is concerned with, food. I will post a few pics later right now I am laying down, resting.

I saw Chip, the chipmonk out. When it warms up enough for him to wake up, it is time to plant.

MargueriteBee
15th April 2012, 03:21
Today my salad consisted of dandelion and clover leaves, pretty tasty and free. The momma deer and her two yearlings just walked by my door. Right now I've got some left overs heating up in a pan on the firebox.

MargueriteBee
16th April 2012, 04:15
I have been surfing the forum. I look at all of these stories. I rub my chin and wonder...

PS
Manifestion has speed up. I briefly wished for something and three hours later it is. So it makes me aware to slow down and pay attention to what is going on in my head. Pay attention. Stop. What is there staring me in the face? Something else to deal with, something else to own and put in its place. Sometimes it feels like sand paper on skin. Onward and higher. We are creators.

MargueriteBee
24th April 2012, 05:56
Yesterday spent the afternoon in Seattle. Went to a rock and gem show. I picked up a nice piece of Celestine. I love the energy that comes from it,very soothing. On the way home had an early dinner at a place called Greek To Me. I love Greek food! It was so wonderful to be outside and NOT be wearing a jacket and hat!

Got alot of work done outside today and planted my tomatoes. Silly Rabbit actually let me pet him, twice! Tomorrow we fire up the burn pile!

Ellisa
24th April 2012, 06:46
I really enjoy reading your stories Marguerite. Take care with the digging. I have to content myself with planting in pots and raised beds, but I'm not doing too much of that at the moment as the weather, after a poetically beautiful late autumn, has taken an early wintery turn. It is cold and wet! The little lorikeets that visit are glad I have put out seed for them, and today we had a visit from a sulphur-crested cockatoo. Only one today I'm glad to say. They are beautiful to look at, but noisy and destructive by nature.... Like some people I suppose.

So I'll think of you enjoying the spring sunshine as we get closer to winter. I hope your seedlings all flourish, and ! hope S. Rabbit leaves you some lettuce to enjoy.

Poly Hedra
24th April 2012, 07:25
Thannk you MargueriteBee and welcome back. I love hearin about your life off the grid. I hope to do that too some day. Its inspiring to hear about your experience. How long have you been off the grid. What is your favourite thing about living off the grid?
A realisation for me was understanding that you can decide when to plant your veg when you see a particular animal. cool! I never thought about that before although its so obvious. Looking forward to reading more.

MargueriteBee
25th April 2012, 04:17
Thanks Wavydome. Themchickens here have a great place underneath a huge pine tree.

And, the leak stopper you recommended has been tried and failed, bummer.

Chances are all the good remedies have already been tried, but, just in case it helps, here is one generic type of product i find extraordinary in stoping concrete leaks-- A leak activated, crystalizing-emitter, cementitious product. The crystalizing aspect is drawn toward leaks and fine fissures, but not open surfaces. I've tried 2 brands which have worked on ferrocement dome roofing and also for making advanced plumbing fixtures, (manifolds for branching out or for sustituting other expensive plumbing adaptors)..... To avoid 'advertising', people are welcome to PM me for brands i've tried.

The thing with lime in mortars, is that it all too often can dislodge itself, (if it has not bonded sufficiently with silicates). Free lime loves to travel through fissures, given water.

Also as to chickens, we've had chickens 40+ years and without mites.... Chickens need a dust bath literally. Basically fine, dried, loose soil, the size of a comfy nest will do. Chickens just love these as much as humans love bubble baths. I have added diatomaceous earth or sometimes ag-lime to my local fine soil, it all works well.

We have al lot of rain here too, shelters are key.

http://harmoniouspalette.com/ChickenBath.jpg
Edit-- Adding picture of a "bathing chicken"... She couldn't wait for drier soil. It seems that damp soil dries within her feathers and ultimately dusts away the mites. We generally let our chickens roam through the gardens in early spring to eat up the ticks. In moderation, they won't hurt perennials. But it slows down prepping the vegetable beds, since chickens are attached to any freshly scratched soil. Every peck helps, otherwise.

MargueriteBee
25th April 2012, 04:22
Thannk you MargueriteBee and welcome back. I love hearin about your life off the grid. I hope to do that too some day. Its inspiring to hear about your experience. How long have you been off the grid. What is your favourite thing about living off the grid?
A realisation for me was understanding that you can decide when to plant your veg when you see a particular animal. cool! I never thought about that before although its so obvious. Looking forward to reading more.

My favorite thing is when everyone else's power is out I still have some. Now, my least favorite thing is, in winter, having to not use any so the generator doesnt come on. Solar is not all what it is cracked up to be. It is terribly expensive and a pain to maintain the batteries. I have been here a year and a half.

MargueriteBee
25th April 2012, 06:04

wavydome
25th April 2012, 09:29
Thanks Wavydome. Themchickens here have a great place underneath a huge pine tree.

I spent decades analyzing (structural) problems and offer to discuss this further, here or elsewhere. If it allowably fits this journey thread.

At least, may i say that these products are not intended by themselves, as a self contained bandage, (or as blood platelets), to stop active leaks. Just patch them on? No .... To plug live pressure, one would need to well-establish them in stiff-peanut-butter consistency, no voids, no water pockets, then immediately cover the whole, with sufficiently-prolonged-force, to prevent floating, bubbling or penetrating, by an active, pressurized leak. A sentient mason can achieve this moderately well, with ordinary motar, by precise timing of applications and optimum consistencies and counter-pressuring. The "crystalline-activator-additive" will provide for future-leak-stopage-only, or later crystal growths, for years to come... Most workers expect flash-setting or instant nirvana, or the like. (No go).

Compare to human bleed stopping: The body provides it's own cut-healing, under moderately clean conditions. The blood provides platelets for clotting blood, stopping the bleed from within. If a vein or artery bleeds, then mechanical measures are generally advised, (first aid procedures).

It sounds to me that your repairs lacked the mechanical means needed. To stop the flow of water, long enough for the cementitious products to harden. Only after cement-hardening can crystal growth occur, (in small fissures). I wish to be helpful.

Edit: The above assumed that we are applying to cement substrate, ground out surfaces and a non-rusting bolt. A bolt is OK if it is not rusting. If it has rusted within a year's time, then it likely has (electrical) galvanic issues too.... If one was bolting dissimilar metals, galvanic action is likely worse. Just now it occurred to me your repair effort might have assumed this method can be applied on top of nuts&bolts. No. Rather, one must clear foreign matter first. If steel is rusting from below, then this tells us it may likely continue rusting. This is more complex, but some of the worse such issues inside industry, are reportedly solved with "Cathodic Protection" (web search). However there are always simpler solutions, if the analyst can assess the installation, before remedies are tried.

MargueriteBee
25th April 2012, 19:10
Thanks for your response Wavydome. I am going to cut and paste your information in an email to the property owner.

I spent decades analyzing (structural) problems and offer to discuss this further, here or elsewhere. If it allowably fits this journey thread.

At least, may i say that these products are not intended by themselves, as a self contained bandage, (or as blood platelets), to stop active leaks. Just patch them on? No .... To plug live pressure, one would need to well-establish them in stiff-peanut-butter consistency, no voids, no water pockets, then immediately cover the whole, with sufficiently-prolonged-force, to prevent floating, bubbling or penetrating, by an active, pressurized leak. A sentient mason can achieve this moderately well, with ordinary motar, by precise timing of applications and optimum consistencies and counter-pressuring. The "crystalline-activator-additive" will provide for future-leak-stopage-only, or later crystal growths, for years to come... Most workers expect flash-setting or instant nirvana, or the like. (No go).

Compare to human bleed stopping: The body provides it's own cut-healing, under moderately clean conditions. The blood provides platelets for clotting blood, stopping the bleed from within. If a vein or artery bleeds, then mechanical measures are generally advised, (first aid procedures).

It sounds to me that your repairs lacked the mechanical means needed. To stop the flow of water, long enough for the cementitious products to harden. Only after cement-hardening can crystal growth occur, (in small fissures). I wish to be helpful.

Edit: The above assumed that we are applying to cement substrate, ground out surfaces and a non-rusting bolt. A bolt is OK if it is not rusting. If it has rusted within a year's time, then it likely has (electrical) galvanic issues too.... If one was bolting dissimilar metals, galvanic action is likely worse. Just now it occurred to me your repair effort might have assumed this method can be applied on top of nuts&bolts. No. Rather, one must clear foreign matter first. If steel is rusting from below, then this tells us it may likely continue rusting. This is more complex, but some of the worse such issues inside industry, are reportedly solved with "Cathodic Protection" (web search). However there are always simpler solutions, if the analyst can assess the installation, before remedies are tried.

Conaire
25th April 2012, 21:32
Very sweet thread and inspiring too. Thank you.

MargueriteBee
27th April 2012, 21:46

15988Here is the leak in my small dome.

15988 Here is the leak in my small dome.

MargueriteBee
27th April 2012, 21:51
1599015989Ants, ants everywhere. We put borax mixed with suger to keep the population down. There are seven ant mounds on the property.

MargueriteBee
27th April 2012, 21:59

wavydome
27th April 2012, 22:54
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=15988&d=1335563020&thumb=1

Margueritebee, This looks like an all-masonry corner, of some sort. It appears the that the pre-existing cements or mortars were fairly porous and therefore allowed dampness through. Porous cement or concrete is usually due excess mixing water or too-fluid a consistency, at time of building. One good layer of cement properly hardened, would stop dampness. (Good defined as having minimal pores). While it hardens (slowly-reacts) the water or dampness beneath should not seep before through before hardening. Your picture looks free of flowing leaks.

The cement surfaces in this picture look very weak. Perhaps some is freshly spread crystalline stuff? I would have scraped and chiseled off all loose material before starting. I would then have applied a thin layer of the crystalizing stuff, making a creamy mix and brushing it on. (First making sure it was the right stuff, not something else).

Then, after that thin layer, i would soon apply up to an inch of high strength cement. This could be as simple as one unit of pure cement to one and a half mason's-sand. Preferably use Portland Type I-II. Providing your water on that land is normal and potable. Mix well to entrain air as the industry calls it. Avoid lime-mortars or premixed sand in the bag. Bags marked 'mortar' usually have lime which does not harden as much as the Portland I II Type (marked on bag).

Make sure it does not dry out prematurely. Fresh cement or surface should ideally be kept damp on top until quite hard. After it has fully hardened, then it should dry, bout too early. (This is so because cement is a rock which forms by locking some water into it's newly-formiong rock molecules. It happens gradually and this needed water could be 'robbed' before it finishes bonding the molecules. After fully bonding, it will stay as part of the rock or cement until it is literally fired out at high furnace temperatures.)

Earlier you mentioned aluminum and bolts which are not visible in your picture. If some how aluminum was embedded there, that might present other issues. The building trades demand plenty of data management, usually called experience. It is extremely useful knowledge for maximized, off-grid satisfaction. I could appreciate it if this project has dampened your spirit for repair-projects. Otherwise, feel fee for asking for more questions, if needbe.

wavydome

Ellisa
28th April 2012, 01:53
For a moment, at first glance, I thought that deer was a kangaroo!!! I thought I had made a momentous discovery--- kangaroos live wild in America!!!

Very silly of me. But it made me laugh-- so thank you!

MargueriteBee
1st May 2012, 13:09
7-6-11

For the wolf loved him and he loved the wolf.

I have a memory, I'm not sure if it is mine. A brave young man on the plain.  Watching, listening.

A quail lands at your feet.  Turns around, "hey man you got any food?". No. No.  Walks right up to you and wiggles it's head, "too bad man", as it wattles off and hops away in flight.

And there I sit waiting, wondering who else is gonna drop by this night when. Tiny little butterfly, not more than an inch wide, purple, blue and white land on my shoe.  I don't move and simply admire it's beauty.

All the way to the tip of my toe it climbs then turns arounds and settle down and looks at me as a wise old woman stares at a child.  My goodness says this creature.  Who are you I ask.  Nothing but a butterfly here today and gone tomorrow.  But you, she says, you are an ancient old creature, and ugly, and stinky too!  Be gone with you!  

Stunned I shake my foot and say, no, be gone you.  I have the right to be just where I am and there are plenty of flowers in the field.  So pic pretty one and joy to you.

This Indian lad, Lakota was he, was content to share the sunrise with the wind.  A hunt in the early morning, a lazy afternoon and running with wolves until twilight, with a nice warm fire in the dark.

MargueriteBee
3rd May 2012, 23:47
16119Rain, rain and more rain. Oh well, patience required. In case you are curious here is what I look like.

MargueriteBee
3rd May 2012, 23:55
16120The pond at Eceti Ranch.

16121James and friends building the new circle at the new vortex.

16122The old vortex. Just after I took this picture I felt the presence of Mother Mary and smelled the scent of roses. It was lovely.

16123 Apples at Eceti.

MargueriteBee
4th May 2012, 03:29
There is a little fly that decided to live in the house with me. Earlier it landed on me to get my attention. I went to the sink and saw it walking around inside it. I felt like it was thirsty so I ran a little water so it could drink. I thought flies only lived for a few days but this little one has been here a week. We then made a deal that I would leave it alone if it would not land on my skin. It hasn't landed on me since then.

I have several house spiders that I really appreciate cause they eat the little bugs that come in on the firewood. I warned the fly about the spiders.

MargueriteBee
7th May 2012, 01:28
It is so nice to have a day of sunshine! I spent most all day in the west garden. I planted carrots, brocolli, yellow squash and some borage.

MargueriteBee
18th May 2012, 20:13
I am on my way to the Eceti Ranch in Trout Lake for the Self Mastery class.

MargueriteBee
23rd May 2012, 01:30
16442 Diggerido sound healing. 1644316444Isis16445One of the trees that fell during the ice storm last February.

James me and Gio.

MargueriteBee
6th June 2012, 21:18
Well it seems as if a business is falling into my lap and I am jumping on it! The dog/house sitting or feeding cows, etc. business! I have a way with animals so now I can put that gift to good use. I am going save all the money I make and go to the Dog Whisperer school and include dog training in my business. I love dogs and horses!

MargueriteBee
26th June 2012, 22:01
I can't shake the feeling that this this new age, ascension, 2012 stuff is basically all BS. The true reality is something else althogether. Things that have happened lately have absolutely shown me that the only truth is within.

Another thing is I am realizing that I cannot look to anyone else for my own truth. So spiritual teachers are good for pointing the way but they can't do the work for me. I must still go within.

Everything and anything that distracts me is a trap, no matter how well dressed or not, or how wise they sound, still a trap. That is a big lesson I have learned and I honor those beings who assisted in the learning. Thank you.

MargueriteBee
7th July 2012, 04:05
172991729817297Walk like an Egyptian.

17296Heal All, a medicinal herb that grows wild.

Gekko
7th July 2012, 04:33
Thank you for your posts, MB. Their serenity and simplicity is soothing.

MargueriteBee
20th July 2012, 21:15
I am moving to Texas come September. My sister needs me to help her because she is giving up on chemo after nearly two years. After I am no longer needed I think I will do some traveling, maybe Peru.

Beren
20th July 2012, 21:23
I can't shake the feeling that this this new age, ascension, 2012 stuff is basically all BS. The true reality is something else althogether. Things that have happened lately have absolutely shown me that the only truth is within.

Another thing is I am realizing that I cannot look to anyone else for my own truth. So spiritual teachers are good for pointing the way but they can't do the work for me. I must still go within.

Everything and anything that distracts me is a trap, no matter how well dressed or not, or how wise they sound, still a trap. That is a big lesson I have learned and I honor those beings who assisted in the learning. Thank you.

Beautifully said!

That`s why we have free will, so we can experience.
Otherwise all that was to be experienced would not be ours!

The very reason of us is the life which experiences itself through us, along with us and all in God`s love.

lookbeyond
21st July 2012, 03:45
Hello MargueriteBee, im sorry your sister is sick, its wonderful you can be with her.I suppose you will miss the little paradise where you are.I hope you will keep posting when you relocate.

Kind Reguards lookbeyond

MargueriteBee
21st July 2012, 04:42
Hello MargueriteBee, im sorry your sister is sick, its wonderful you can be with her.I suppose you will miss the little paradise where you are.I hope you will keep posting when you relocate.

Kind Reguards lookbeyond

Yes, I will lookbeyond.

MargueriteBee
21st July 2012, 15:48
I will miss my friends here in Washington, the land and Silly Bunny.

MargueriteBee
10th September 2012, 14:25
I am back in Wyoming, on my way to Amarillo. It feels really weird to have a bunch of people around after living in such solitude in Washington.

I have decided that once I am no longer needed, I will be moving to Vilcabamba, Ecuador.

MargueriteBee
14th September 2012, 04:03
Well my sister crossed over yesterday. I am going to Texas and help my brother in law pack and sell his house so he can retire and move back to Wyoming. While I am there I am getting a job and saving to go to Vilcabamba. I really want to check it out.

lookbeyond
14th September 2012, 06:31
Hello MargueriteBee , how are you? after going through this illness with your sister,
May she rest peacefully...

lookbeyond

MargueriteBee
4th October 2012, 23:36
I am okay, thanks LookBeyond. Just house sitting until someone makes an offer and escrow closes. Hopefully soon I want to get to Utah before cold weather. Looking forward to seeing Zion National Park.

lookbeyond
5th October 2012, 09:49
It must be a free feeling to have yourself only to look after MB, sometimes i wish i took full advantage of my free youth but i was too afraid

MargueriteBee
6th October 2012, 04:44
I too was afraid when young but now I just look forward to my senior discount.

MargueriteBee
13th October 2012, 21:03
Sold the house in nine days! Leaving Amarillo on the 23rd.

Caren
13th October 2012, 21:33
That's great news MargueriteBee :)
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Maybe when you get to the Park you can post a few pics?
All the best,
Caren

MargueriteBee
14th October 2012, 02:14
I do not seem to be able to post pics on the forum from my Ipad1. However I do post pics on my facebook page. Look up Margueritebee, I am wearing a blue knit cap. Send me a PM and let me know who your are so I can friend you. I get lots of friend requests from people I have no idea who they are so I don't friend them.

Edit, now my avatar is a colorful indian woman.

MargueriteBee
27th October 2012, 04:16
Today I drove thru Roswell, NM and stopped at the UFO Muesum, interesting. Tomorrow it is the Petrified Forrest and Meteor Crater. I love the open road!

MargueriteBee
31st October 2012, 17:05
Unfortunately it looks like one must be a Mormon to get a job around here. I am in a very small town in Utah. I don't think I will be staying here any longer than necessary. I think I will head towards Las Vegas in a couple of months.

MargueriteBee
11th December 2012, 03:28
Decided to move back to Washington next month.

lookbeyond
11th December 2012, 04:55
Hey MB, will you go to same place that you were at previously?
Kind Reguards lb

MargueriteBee
11th December 2012, 04:57
Yep, I miss my Silly Bunny.

lookbeyond
11th December 2012, 05:01
I bet u do,our bunny is a freeranger in the garden for the past several years and is one of the family.When i go outside she runs up and puts her lovely face on my foot and trips me over like a cat at the clothesline! Take care MB,

love lb

MargueriteBee
11th December 2012, 16:48

MargueriteBee
11th December 2012, 21:22
Today I went to DMV here in Utah. As I walked up to the door I said if this goes smoothly I will stay, if not I go back to Washington.

They won't give me a driver's license because my last name on my birth certificate is different than on my SSN card and current driver's license. I am supposed to have a certified certificate of name change, don't have, never needed one. AND, I can't register my car without a Utah driver's license and I must have Utah insurance. Well the insurance company won't insure my car unless I already have Utah insurance and a Utah driver's license.

I am moving back to Washington next month.

PS. I was here in Utah helping my niece who broke her ankle in three place. Well she is doing much better and can get around on her own so I guess I have done my duty.

MargueriteBee
22nd December 2012, 00:08
I love and appreciate you all, just as you are!

Caren
22nd December 2012, 00:28
You are loved as well MargueriteBee and appreciated.
Have a nice Christmas :hug:

MargueriteBee
27th December 2012, 20:19

MargueriteBee
20th June 2013, 00:38
The Talisman,
My Medicine,
Will lead me aright!

I shall tread
The Unknown Way
With courage.
With courage
will I tread it!

Dama Uppa*
And my Medicine
Will show me the Way!

By Chief Washakie

*Dama Uppa, also spelled Tamapah, is Shoshone for Sun-Father of the Day, and Father of Us All, who lives in the sun.

MargueriteBee
20th June 2013, 00:56
Never was there a Native American more revered for fighting his battles so successfully and for giving his life so fully to peace, goodwill and brotherhood, than was Washakie of the Shoshones.

The Glorious Quest of Chief Washakie
Chief of the Shoshones
By Ralph H and Mary Tillman

giovonni
20th June 2013, 01:05
What are you up to MB ?

MargueriteBee
20th June 2013, 01:15
One more:

In the morning Washakie said farewell to Pah-da-he-wa-kun-da and his people, and started on his way to the Medicine Wheel. it was located far inThe North, in the country of the Crow Indians, at the upper end of the Big Horn Mountain Range. Medicine was wrought there upon a mountain top; truth was taught there by ancient men, pure and wise. Washakie could only hope that the Great Father of All would favor his desire to become a member of the Sacred Brotherhood of Man. Once there at the Wheel, he would have to display his talisman to the Ancient Ones and give them a certain Word, which the old Chief had entrusted to him.

This is reminding me of ancient Eqyptian beliefs.

This book is non-fiction.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

What are you up to MB ?

I am in Wyoming.

giovonni
20th June 2013, 01:38
Watch out for those Cowboys ... Ya ~ hear :flirt:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hello/good-day-cowboy-smiley-emoticon.gif

i know you been through there before ... so have a safe trip !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAy2PYiABsw

MargueriteBee
20th June 2013, 01:54
Saw my niece get married and met my late sister's husband's new girlfriend, nice lady. My last trip here.

eaglespirit
20th June 2013, 02:47
My Gawwwdddd MargueriteBee...Wishing You Well and so glad I finally, and for the first time,
read through this thread of Yours...

Beautiful Sharing and Wonderful Workings and Journey of and Through Life : )

I must have been busy getting work lined up last year at this time...
that garage for my Sister/Brother-in-law and other such things.

Thank You Bunches...will look in here often now : )

The Best To You On Your Current Travelings!!!

MargueriteBee
20th June 2013, 03:02
http://www.wyomingheritage.org/medicineWheel.html

Situated atop Medicine Mountain at an elevation of 9,642 feet, Bighorn Medicine Wheel attracts thousands of visitors each year, and it is easy to see why.  The wheel itself measures nearly 80 feet in diameter and consists of 28 alignments of limestone boulders radiating from a central cairn associated with 6 smaller stone enclosures found around the wheel’s perimeter.  While the exact purpose of the wheel, its age, and the identity of its makers are unknown, researchers believe the wheel was constructed over a period of centuries from about 500 to 1,500 years ago. The land surrounding the wheel has been used by prehistoric Native American groups for at least 7,000 years.  In fact, the wheel appears to be part of a much larger network of prehistoric trails, sites, and important landmarks encompassing over 23,000 acres.  On the short hike up to the Medicine Wheel, visitors can look out over the beautiful Bighorn Basin and spot many of these trails and landmarks and experience the awe-inspiring power of Medicine Mountain.  Once at the wheel, an interpreter is available to provide background information and answer questions. 

MargueriteBee
4th July 2013, 14:08
"Take responsibility for your actions, do whatever needs to be done to correct yourself and to save yourself without condition. You may not have another chance." Sifu Jenny Lamb

MargueriteBee
5th March 2014, 20:25
Hip, hip hoorah! Today we are finally on the grid! For the first time since I have lived here I will be able to take a shower more than once a week and I can use my vaccum cleaner anytime I want not just when the generator is running. I absolutely have hated living on solar/generator. it took away all my freedom to do what I want when I want.

However, I am still moving back to Sacramento in a few weeks. I am dang tired of the cold. I feel you need the grid and a heated green house to live here in Washington. and this place where I am is ten degrees colder than in town and the house itself is cold and one must light a fire every day of the year. and what is worse killing trees to burn or using power?

I am so looking forward to going home. I have a job there.

heretogrow
6th March 2014, 02:42
MargueriteBee we love you and wish you only the best. I have learned so so much from your thread and your sharing! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

MargueriteBee
6th March 2014, 22:13
Oh boy, I woke up this morning and found ALL the wood is soaking wet. The storm last night was a big one. So, no fire. No heater either. I am soooooo glad to move outta here in 18 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, got the heater going!

MargueriteBee
2nd May 2014, 17:22
Oh boy! I have moved smack dab in the middle of a million and a half people! Whew! Happy as can be! It is nice and warm and will actually get hot! Washington was just too dreary and wet and cold. Being off the grid (not really) is a pain. I got so sick of cutting, sawing, splitting, stacking, restacking and burning wood. I have had a life time of it, done. I LOVE pressing a button to be warm and it gets warm right away. Instead of waiting an hour for the fire to get big enough to start warming up.

Most of all I missed people! I love the mass of humanity! I love opening my window and hearing tons of birds and the sounds of people. Music to my ears.

Nature is all around me. I don't need to hide from humanity, we ARE nature!

Anyone in the Sacramento area?