PDA

View Full Version : Charity..opinions?

sidh25
22nd March 2012, 02:31
hey avalonians... needed some advice on charity... at the moment making a $75 monthly donation to UNHCR.... and since it belongs to UN i'm beginning to have my doubts. but then again we do need some help at the grass roots level as well i suppose. Any input is welcome. Anyone you donate to? Or any suggestions that you may have on an organization doing good work? Regards,

sidh

DreamsInDigital
22nd March 2012, 02:40
I generally suggest people looking for a place to donate, consider either those Not For Profit Therapeutic Riding Facilities, or my favorite. It's called ARDA, American Rescue Dog Association. They rescue dogs out of shelters (saving their lives) and train them to becomes Search/Rescue Dogs and then give them to Rescue Teams across North America, which leads to being able to save human lives as well. Double the brownie points on the karma scale.

xbusymom
22nd March 2012, 21:48
I generally suggest people looking for a place to donate, consider either those Not For Prophet Therapeutic Riding Facilities, or my favorite. It's called ARDA, American Rescue Dog Association. They rescue dogs out of shelters (saving their lives) and train them to becomes Search/Rescue Dogs and then give them to Rescue Teams across North America, which leads to being able to save human lives as well. Double the brownie points on the karma scale.

Here is another somewhere your $$$ can really be productive...

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/95473/nyer-of-the-week--screen-printing-business-boosts-employment--autism-awareness

helps the business, the students, the unemployed, people with disabilities, the schools... etc... win/win for everyone

or a local sheltered workshop/ training center... ??

Rantaak
23rd March 2012, 01:33
All charity donations go directly to funding the corporate war machine. Donations to hunger foundations go to the masons and illuminati, who are awaiting a shortage of resources. Donations to cancer foundations go to further obfuscating something we already have a cure for.

Organizations as such exploit our natural tendencies for guilt and empathy. LOOK AT THIS SUFFERING CHILD. NOW PAY US MONEY so you can feel better. Never mind where it goes once it leaves your pocket!

Small non-profits (places like Project Avalon) might be safe. So is donating directly to an individual with no intermediary.

Sidney
23rd March 2012, 01:40
Your local animal shelter, or shelter for domestic abuse victims.

DreamsInDigital
23rd March 2012, 01:42
This is why I prefer ARDA, they work with open books and will show you where and how the money is being spent, which is mostly on rescuing and training the dogs, veterinary expenses when needed, minimal administrative cost (their pay scale is extremely low), transport of trained dogs to their new homes, and continuing veterinary and unexpected expenses cost support for the new owner of the trained Search and Rescue dog when they can't afford the costs on their own. Also on occasion they provide transportation support for teams when going abroad to work on international disasters. And also covering expenses of annual and bi-annual training/updating clinics that the teams attend for free to continually update their skills.

gooty64
23rd March 2012, 01:52
dK0myiI918c