PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola: Pollution in a Bottle?

irishspirit
24th July 2010, 20:04
You would think that I would be shokced by this article, but not in the least. Please read.

http://arch1design.com/blog/?p=8688

Operator
24th July 2010, 20:09
No, in a lot of countries the bottle is not recycled .... it's pollution including the bottle ...:rolleyes:

Humble Janitor
24th July 2010, 21:29
I've always wondered about articles like this. Do they exist to make people "fear" drinking stuff like Coca-Cola or are they actually there to educate people?

Regardless, reduced or zero consumption of cola/soda is always good for you.

tone3jaguar
25th July 2010, 02:30
The Phosphorous in the Cola is bio available. Phosphorous is one of those nutrients where a little is good, but to much is very bad. If you consume to much bio available phosphorous, you can block your bodies ability to absorb and retain other nutrients. The most important of which is calcium. We all know what happens if you go for an extended time frame with low calcium levels. Your bones get brittle.

So a coke every once an a while is no big deal. However, if you drink multiple cokes a day you are pretty much guaranteeing yourself an unhealthy condition later in life. If the low bone density does not get you, then the diabetic condition from the years of consuming high fructose corn syrup will.

CetaceousOne
25th July 2010, 06:53
More like poison in a bottle....

Kent Fallman
25th July 2010, 09:50
i drink 1 litres / day

conk
26th July 2010, 15:22
petroleum, you are a very sick man if you drink that much soda. If you don't feel it yet, you will. It truly is poison.

jackovesk
26th July 2010, 16:03
GEEZ, I hope the Scotch Dilutes it..!

Lancelot
10th February 2011, 22:20
More like poison in a bottle....

Indeed.
There are 7 teaspoons of sugar in a can of coke
Lots of Co2- Wonder what thats all about??
In diet coke is apsartame- a known neurotoxin made from aluminium

witchy1
10th February 2011, 22:55
A Winton man wants to know why Coca-Cola kept a dodgy batch of bottled water on the shelves for a month, when it was making people sick, he says.
Ben Fitzgibbon was diagnosed with pneumonia soon after drinking the water, but the probable cause remained a mystery until this week. He complained to Coca-Cola on January 10 after buying a lime-flavoured Pump in Winton.
"It tasted like poison."
The smell and taste made him vomit, and his lips burned after drinking it, he said.
Coca-Cola rang him this week to tell him the water had been infected with mould, he said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/4643781/Bottled-water-made-me-sick-man-says