PDA

View Full Version : Searching

Black Panther
23rd March 2012, 19:33
I'm using the search function on computers very often lately.
There is so much information. Especially with the internet nowadays.
The search function in Windows works very good (I'm using Windows 7).
Just press the windows key + F (from find) and fill in a word you are looking
for and windows will look for directories, pictures, websites, email etc. with the
word in it. Don't have a Mac...

But I actually want to talk about the search function here on the forum. I use
it very often lately, because there are so many threads, it's difficult to remember.
So I let the computer do the work for me. It's even possible to look at your own
threads / posts. Go to Advanced Search and fill in a keyword or keywords and choose
your own user name underneath. If you fill in the first letters of your name a list will
appear and you are able to click on your own name.

The seach function works very good. If you are looking for "movie trailer" you have
to use the quotation marks so the computer knows you are looking for the combination.
After clicking on a thread the computer will show you the part in the thread where the words
"movie trailer" is written. It will be marked yellow. You can also look for movie or trailer,
so fill in "movie or trailer", don't use the quotation marks, because in that case the computer
will look for the combination instead of "movie" or "trailer". Is also possible to search for
posts with movie and trailer in them without the words movie and trailer in a combination.
In that case fill in "movie trailer" with a space and without the quotation marks. The computer
will make it automatically "movie and trailer" or "movie + trailer".

To search on a page use ctrl + F and fill in the word you are looking for.

Once you get used to using the search function it will save you a lot of time.