PDA

View Full Version : Lets turn the Earth Dark

Tangri
30th March 2012, 22:34
Earth Hour is organized by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia when 2.2 million individuals and more than 2,000 businesses turned their lights off for one hour to take a stand against climate change. It showed that everyone, from children to CEOs and politicians, has the power to change the world we live in.

http://earthhour.wwf.ca/earthhour/index.html

DeDukshyn
30th March 2012, 23:01
I will be participating for sure. Thanks for the heads up!

Midnight Rambler
31st March 2012, 00:04
One of the founders of the WWF was Prins Bernahrd of the Netherlands. He is also one of the founders of the Bilderberg Group. So, I have a hard time buying into anything this organisation is promoting. And I for one don't buy into the guilt trip that man is responsible for climate change.

I am all for a clean environment and the preservation of endangered species and I hope I am wrong about the WWF, but I have seen a lot of charity organisations only putting their money into the acquisition of new members who donate instead of the goal they promote.

Maria Stade
31st March 2012, 00:19
I call it World Wide Fraud ! Plain and simple.

See this documentary !
If you dont get a english text puch the CC button .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfb03NpsnwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPO6n1BbVrI&feature=relmfu

Cilka
31st March 2012, 02:45
I will definitely not participate as I choose not to be brainwashed. Is Prince Philip and Al Gore going to participate? If they really want to change the world then they should move out of their mansions. I am forced to pay carbon tax here in British Columbia, and I have to say that my wasted money is definitely changing the world for the better. I earned myself a one way ticket to heaven for that.

jackovesk
31st March 2012, 03:30
Bloody 'Earth Hour' what a Joke..!

However, every year I do participate...:yes4:

Its the only 1 Hour of year where I turn on (EVERY) light in the House including the flood lights for all to see...

I've been doing it every year since inception, and its starting to catch on...:)

My street is Lit-Up like a Christmas Tree in protest of the 'Brain-Washing' CON...!

The Govt. can jam their useless 'Carbon Tax SCAM' right up where the sun don't shine..!

Tangri
31st March 2012, 08:21
One of the founders of the WWF was Prins Bernahrd of the Netherlands. He is also one of the founders of the Bilderberg Group. So, I have a hard time buying into anything this organisation is promoting. And I for one don't buy into the guilt trip that man is responsible for climate change.

I am all for a clean environment and the preservation of endangered species and I hope I am wrong about the WWF, but I have seen a lot of charity organisations only putting their money into the acquisition of new members who donate instead of the goal they promote.

There is no money involvement and no violence and hate feeling occurs in those events which part is a dark site for this? This is more positive thing then G8 or G20 protests. Do not mixed Apples and Oranges.

Maria Stade
31st March 2012, 08:23
Bloody 'Earth Hour' what a Joke..!

However, every year I do participate...:yes4:

Its the only 1 Hour of year where I turn on (EVERY) light in the House including the flood lights for all to see...

I've been doing it every year since inception, and its starting to catch on...:)

My street is Lit-Up like a Christmas Tree in protest of the 'Brain-Washing' CON...!

The Govt. can jam their useless 'Carbon Tax SCAM' right up where the sun don't shine..!

Yes it is a joke, but I am also turning off the light.
But not beacause its WWF or to save my electicity bill.

I have my own reason to be with it and it is a window to connect with the planet and all living things ... so for me it is an hour abut avareness and even if they have some agenda with this... I ask people to be avare and do join in.. but do it in a construktiv and avare way.
Its a good time to meditate.

/ Maria

Maria Stade
31st March 2012, 08:43

There is no money involvement and no violence and hate feeling occurs in those events which part is a dark site for this? This is more positive thing then G8 or G20 protests. Do not mixed Apples and Oranges.

They are propobly just caunting how many that have bought in to their lie... lol
Its a good time to be at peace, love, see abundance and other positive things that one can imagine to happen on this planet.

What ever they try to turn this event in to... we/you/ me can use it to benefit the world.

Thank you Levent tonga !

Tangri
31st March 2012, 08:55

They are propobly just caunting how many that have bought in to their lie... lol
Its a good time to be at peace, love, see abundance and other positive things that one can imagine to happen on this planet.

What ever they try to turn this event in to... we/you/ me can use it to benefit the world.

Thank you Levent tonga !

Thank You Maria,

In This event, people hold the candles and sing . Nothing evil or negative we feel around. If dark side making positive event I second it, although White hats organize hate or/ violent protest I would denied it

Maria Stade
31st March 2012, 09:24
Thank You Maria,

In This event, people hold the candles and sing . Nothing evil or negative we feel around. If dark side making positive event I second it, although White hats organize hate or/ violent protest I would denied it

I ll be with you and singing as the people of this world are making space for love and care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6cE4DJUb_o&feature=related

:grouphug:

Midnight Rambler
31st March 2012, 10:27

I actually like this idea of turning the lights off, I hope it is a clear night that day so I can maybe see some stars without the light pollution. But on a whole I think this initiative is a huge PR stunt to raise "awareness" of global warming.

So the dark side to this story, for me, is the continuing of the lie that man is responsible for global warming.

Maria Stade
31st March 2012, 10:49
The best we can do with this mess is to expose the LIE and show how they use good people and who they are.
There is NO man made Global warming and all money given to these psykopats is being used for their own dark agenda.
Its clear that they try to get people to be affraid but there is nothing to fear ... its mind games.

jackovesk
31st March 2012, 11:20
Only 5 minutes left to go for earth hour...

Just had another look outside an like I said before my street is Lit-Up like a Xmas Tree in protest of the Carbon Tax..!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way this 1 Hour of the year is the (ONLY) time I have all the lights on in the house and in 5 minutes time they will (All) be turned Off again as they always are 364 days of the year..!

'F' - Earth Hour, bloody charlatans..! :mad2:

DeDukshyn
31st March 2012, 16:49
Oh I get. If I participate for whatever reason I want to particpipate, I am brainwashed, because it is endorsed by the WWF. I guess I can't particpate now. So **** it. You guys are too smart for me! Whew! I was almost "brainwashed!"

Here yet again, ye have a thread full of "I don't like sandwiches!", on the sandwich making thread. Me too! me too! My ego! mine! I'm getting sick of this place ...

WhiteFeather
31st March 2012, 17:12
I contributed to this cause last year for the first time, my children thought it was an awesome idea as well. We shut off everything in the home, except for my fish tank pump and the fridge. The many lit candles in my home were most soothing for the soul as well.

Sidney
31st March 2012, 17:54
I just have to say for me (IMO) the Earth is already dark. No point making it darker. Hopefully soon there will be light once again.

Wind
31st March 2012, 18:05
Earth Hour is not just about the climate change (which is certainly not man made)... It is about making a point. Together we can achieve magnificent things!

Yes, it's very dark in here. :)

jackovesk
1st April 2012, 04:19
Earth Hour Loves Murder! Earth Hour Is A Scam!

Mar 31, 2012

Earth hour hates Earth, and you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lcw1cf55XI&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&index=2&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lcw1cf55XI&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&index=2&feature=plcp

Earth Hour Hijacks YouTube..!

Mar 31, 2012

Earth hour is a authoritarian HOAX!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcLB4AnWDQ&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&index=1&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcLB4AnWDQ&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg&index=1&feature=plcp

PS - For those of you who are oblivious to what is really going on behind the 'WWF - Earth Hour' CON, don't even bother to comment until you've watched these 2 clips in their entirety...:yo:

jackovesk
1st April 2012, 04:30
Oh I get. If I participate for whatever reason I want to particpipate, I am brainwashed, because it is endorsed by the WWF. I guess I can't particpate now. So **** it. You guys are too smart for me! Whew! I was almost "brainwashed!"

Here yet again, ye have a thread full of "I don't like sandwiches!", on the sandwich making thread. Me too! me too! My ego! mine! I'm getting sick of this place ...

Your getting sick of this place..?

I just want people to start 'Educating Themselves' to realise the 'Truth' behind the 'CON'...:yes4:

Maria Stade
1st April 2012, 06:39
Thanks Jacko... Alex is right on spot.
Here in Sweden they use young popular stars to inprint this in their young fans.

I my self have supported WWF since I was a child it started at scool and we gathered MONEY to save the rain forest.
I bet they used the money to buy forest to cut down the trees.

Yea I have been fooled big time, as have many others.

DONT give them your money and dont let your children sell their products.

Educate your self and then educate your children ... If you like to gift something do it to someone in your naborhood or close comunity.

songsfortheotherkind
1st April 2012, 10:07

It's interesting, isn't it- watching that pattern happen over and over again, watching the programming kick in, the inclination to crab potting. Mind virus on overdrive, really...

DeDukshyn
1st April 2012, 17:30

I just want people to start 'Educating Themselves' to realise the 'Truth' behind the 'CON'...:yes4:

START a NEW THREAD THEN! ...

"I was having a "moment". I am particularly sensitive to idiots implying that I am brainwashed because I wish to participate. The reasons I see for participation is developing in humanity the sense of all doing something coordinated as a symbol and stance for something, so that that abstract concept may be realized and applied to larger things. I really don't care what people think of W.W.F. - I am sick of the trolls of Avalon continuously disrupting the thread topics to place their holier than thou comments of idiocy."

Focusing judgement on the details and ignoring larger systems are exactly what the elite want you to be doing ....

jackovesk
1st April 2012, 17:54

"I was having a "moment". I am particularly sensitive to idiots implying that I am brainwashed because I wish to participate. The reasons I see for participation is developing in humanity the sense of all doing something coordinated as a symbol and stance for something, so that that abstract concept may be realized and applied to larger things. I really don't care what people think of W.W.F. - I am sick of the trolls of Avalon continuously disrupting the thread topics to place their holier than thou comments of idiocy."

Focusing judgement on the details and ignoring larger systems are exactly what the elite want you to be doing ....

Already have...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?43196-Earth-Hour-Loves-Murder-Hijacks-YouTube..--Earth-Hour-Is-A-SCAM..-

I am sick of the trolls of Avalon continuously disrupting the thread topics to place their holier than thou comments of idiocy.

In effect what your saying is you have 'No' respect for the 'Truth'...?

Like I said before...

Good Luck with your 'TruthSeeking' DeDukshyn...:der:

Operator
1st April 2012, 18:00
Ok, here's an alternative ... don't participate in the organized earth hour ... organize your own every now and then.

I's a good exercise ... check how you are doing one hour without the grid ... then 2 ...and then 4 etc.
Make sure you do it on your own initiative. I don't have to practice here ... we lose power every now and then for
hours. Good to see how long my alternative lasts. :peace:

(WWF really is a scam b.t.w.)

DeDukshyn
1st April 2012, 18:01
I am sick of the trolls of Avalon continuously disrupting the thread topics to place their holier than thou comments of idiocy. .

In effect what your saying is you have 'No' respect for the 'Truth'...?

See, here's the problem.

Does "I am sick of the trolls of Avalon continuously disrupting the thread topics to place their holier than thou comments of idiocy." mean that "I have no respect for truth?" DOES IT? DOES IT? NO!!!! THEY ARE NOT RELATED!!!

So how does this perceived relating of non-related things in order to try to dis someone happen? What process in the human mind makes A=B when it is clear to all that A<>B??!!!
I'll tell you -- it is called PROGRAMMED RESPONSE!! Want to see it in full action!!???! Check out the "They..." thread and see it it in full programmed action, automatically applied responses not even logical without regard to words in which it is referring.

This means this and this means that -- the main article of the human condition, and were too busy "being right" to notice that we aren't healing to be perceiving things properly.

I don't give a **** what you think of the WWF -- I hate them too, but that is not what this thread was for!!!! It's not thew point no matter how hard your try to artificially relate it.

"The reasons I see for participation is developing in humanity the sense of all doing something coordinated as a symbol and stance for something, so that that abstract concept may be realized and applied to larger things. I really don't care what people think of W.W.F. - I am sick of the trolls of Avalon continuously disrupting the thread topics to place their holier than thou comments of idiocy."

DeDukshyn
1st April 2012, 18:09
Ok, here's an alternative ... don't participate in the organized earth hour ... organize your own every now and then.

I's a good exercise ... check how you are doing one hour without the grid ... then 2 ...and then 4 etc.
Make sure you do it on your own initiative. I don't have to practice here ... we lose power every now and then for
hours. Good to see how long my alternative lasts. :peace:

(WWF really is a scam b.t.w.)

Again, whether it is a scam or not in my mind is completely irrelevant. You are right-- it is. But does that mean we cannot all understand that via these exercises that we can do worldwide coordinated activities and apply that confidence and concept into doing things that really will make a difference.

Everyone is just to busy focusing on the petty judgements of others to realize any of the bigger pictures and advantages we can take of them. It makes me sad to have to argue this.

Operator
1st April 2012, 18:29
Everyone is just to busy focusing on the petty judgements of others to realize any of the bigger pictures and advantages we can take of them. It makes me sad to have to argue this.

I don't want to argue either ... that's why I offered an alternative that could satisfy all.

It is sad though to see big groups of people still reacting to external stimuli instead of creating their own.

1st April 2012, 18:36
The World Wildlife fund are hunters. I learned about them because I got a call from a friend who was driving their tour bus in Vancouver and had been shocked at their conversations in the bus because he thought they were an organization about protecting animals.

DeDukshyn
1st April 2012, 18:54

I don't want to argue either ... that's why I offered an alternative that could satisfy all.

It is sad though to see big groups of people still reacting to external stimuli instead of creating their own.

How many are reacting? How many see it as I do? How many can invisibly benefit in the way I suggested ... your judgements are irrelevant.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The World Wildlife fund are hunters. I learned about them because I got a call from a friend who was driving their tour bus in Vancouver and had been shocked at their conversations in the bus because he thought they were an organization about protecting animals.

This thread is about earth hour.

1st April 2012, 19:02
This thread is about earth hour. What aspect of earth hour are we specifically permitted to write about without being insulted?

DeDukshyn
1st April 2012, 19:28
This thread is about earth hour. What aspect of earth hour are we specifically permitted to write about without being insulted?

What aspect of your post in which I referred to is about earth hour? To answer your question I'd say somewhere in between, wouldn't you? ;)

jorr lundstrom
1st April 2012, 21:02
Earth Hour is organized by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia when 2.2 million individuals and more than 2,000 businesses turned their lights off for one hour to take a stand against climate change. It showed that everyone, from children to CEOs and politicians, has the power to change the world we live in.

http://earthhour.wwf.ca/earthhour/index.html

I cant see any connection between wots called climate changes and
turning off the light for an hour. The only benefit I can see in this,
is to find out how many that can be conned to participate in a
reptilian ritual as this. (I state that all rituals are reptilian) Anyone
can turn off the light whenever they want, throughout the
365X24 hours a year concists of. Ill start a thread about this
WWF thing. And Im not a troll. Im a human that source use to
enjoy itself. LOL

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sakasvattaja/sydneyopera.jpg

All is well

Jorr

DeDukshyn
2nd April 2012, 23:30
I guess brushing my teeth every morning is reptilian, My meditations ... reptilian, My prayers (I belong to NO religion) ... reptilian.

Excellent generalizations! Good thing I don't believe you ;)

But definitely some rituals, as organized religiously or occultishly -- reptilian. Good thing lumping everything into generalizations solve all our issues though! We need more of that! ;)

I see this:
"The reasons I see for participation is developing in humanity the sense of all doing something coordinated as a symbol and stance for something, so that that abstract concept may be realized and applied to larger things that may actually make a difference in this world."

Sorry you all have glasses half empty -- doubt and judgment has almost fixed all our issues before -- but don't worry, it'll work this time ... ;)

jackovesk
3rd April 2012, 03:08

How many are reacting? How many see it as I do? How many can invisibly benefit in the way I suggested ... your judgements are irrelevant.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This thread is about earth hour

Yes it is DeDukshyn, at least that's one thing we can agree on...:)

The graphs that Australian Fairfax Media will not run

http://blogs.news.com.au/images/uploads/earth_-_all_thumb.png

Check the (non) effect that Earth Hour had on electricity usage around the country at 8.30pm on Saturday - which reader Phillip has graphed, using AEMO statistics (http://www.aemo.com.au/data/avg_price/averageprice_main.shtml). And reader Guran of Warrnambool checks last Saturday’s usage in NSW against that of the two Saturday’s before - and I’m damned if I can see Earth Hour making much difference:

http://blogs.news.com.au/images/uploads/earththree_thumb.png

When will The Age and Sydney Morning Herald admit that Earth Hour, which their company part-owns (as Boy on a Bike revealed) (http://boy-on-a-bike.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/untangling-ownership-of-earthhour.html)), but Fairfax journalists don’t disclose), is a total futile gesture that makes almost zero practical difference? Or is their corporate involvement compromising its coverage? Is that why graphics such as these are not run in Fairfax newspapers?

Pity that the Finklestein media inquiry never considered this disturbing example of media manipulation and the possible influence of commercial considerations. I wonder why it didn’t?

UPDATE

An insider crunches the numbers:

Here’s the region by region breakdown showing the difference between Earth Hour and the same time the weekend before:

QLD – a 43 MW increase in demand (although AEMO put this down as ‘no discernable effect on demand’, I like to think the Queenslanders were sending a message!)

NSW – a 123 MW decrease in demand

VIC – a 27 MW decrease in demand

SA – no decrease in demand

TAS – a 2 MW decrease in demand

UPDATE

Another green flop - but what do you expect, when governments keep throwing money at one of the most expensive forms of power around?

Solyndra was just the appetizer. Earlier today, in what will come as a surprise only to members of the administration, the company which proudly held the rights to the world’s largest solar power project, the hilariously named Solar Trust of America ("STA"), filed for bankruptcy (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/worlds-largest-solar-plant-21-billion-energy-department-loan-guarantee-files-bankruptcy).

And while one could say that the company’s epic collapse is more a function of alternative energy politics in Germany, where its 70% parent Solar Millennium AG filed for bankruptcy last December, what is relevant is that last April STA was the proud recipient of a $2.1 billion conditional loan from the Department of Energy, incidentally the second largest loan ever handed out by the DOE’s Stephen Chu.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_graphs_that_fairfax_will_not_run/

Untangling the ownership of EarthHour

According to the 2011 Annual Report from WWF Australia, Earth Hour is a "grassroots environmental campaign that had its humble beginnings in Sydney in 2007."

Grassroots? How can it be "grassroots" when it was conceived and run by a major multi-national media corporation and a huge muti-national environmental outfit?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-elXnnKgXZYA/Ttsq8SAYPPI/AAAAAAAAIig/lMC67gjU6Ro/s640/wwf4.jpg

A quick delve into a few years worth of Fairfax annual reports shows that it is a lot more than a "sponsorship agreement". Fairfax Media actually owns 33% of Earth Hour Limited.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbireUErwi8/TtsquFRTbUI/AAAAAAAAIhA/XZOYWRges0U/s640/fairfax8.jpg

And Earth Hour Limited first showed up in the Fairfax annual report in 2009.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6cXgNndclc0/Ttsq3OnovKI/AAAAAAAAIiA/-ravGC57Di8/s640/fairfax16.jpg

The annual reports don't provide any breakdown as to the revenue, expenses and assets of Earth Hour Limited.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-h-4xrUyesqk/Ttst91LXsaI/AAAAAAAAIio/eiB4vo9egL0/s640/earth+hour+1.jpg

interest in, I can't find an annual report for it anywhere.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0gYdNLsxoA0/Ttsq1pN7dVI/AAAAAAAAIh0/_U0L_gMoAqQ/s400/fairfax15.jpg

The WWF registered the domain name, so I tried searching through their annual reports as well - no luck. They talk about Earth Hour as an event, but report nothing about it financially.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OE2BfX-LdQ4/Ttsq6ZMj8MI/AAAAAAAAIiY/Tu1bKV6ls9Q/s640/wwf3.jpg

What I did discover from searching the WWF reports is that the top three managers at WWF Australia took home total compensation of just under $500,000 between them last year - that's from a total income of $19.4 million for the entire organisation. In other words, the top three managers creamed off 2.5% of all donations. Also, they took home a whopping $65,000 more in 2011 than 2010 - a 19% pay rise.

If you divide the total package by three, it comes to an average of $165,000 each. However, we know that the CEO will be getting more than the other two, and by my reckoning, that puts him into the top 1% of Australians. Who knew that the ranks of the fat cats would include the CEOs of small environmental organisations like WWF?

Anyway, to get back on track, all we really know about Earth Hour limited is that it is 33% owned by Fairfax Media. Everything else about the company is secret squirrel. I wonder if the usual SMH blather about Earth Hour 2012 will include a disclaimer that Fairfax owns 1/3 of the operation?

I doubt it.

http://boy-on-a-bike.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/untangling-ownership-of-earthhour.html

PS - Now get your facts right before we Truthseekers start accusing you of Trolling..!!!

DeDukshyn
3rd April 2012, 03:11

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This thread is about earth hour

Yes it is DeDukshyn, at least that's one thing we can agree on...:)

The graphs that Australian Fairfax Media will not run

http://blogs.news.com.au/images/uploads/earth_-_all_thumb.png

Check the (non) effect that Earth Hour had on electricity usage around the country at 8.30pm on Saturday - which reader Phillip has graphed, using AEMO statistics (http://www.aemo.com.au/data/avg_price/averageprice_main.shtml). And reader Guran of Warrnambool checks last Saturday’s usage in NSW against that of the two Saturday’s before - and I’m damned if I can see Earth Hour making much difference:

http://blogs.news.com.au/images/uploads/earththree_thumb.png

When will The Age and Sydney Morning Herald admit that Earth Hour, which their company part-owns (as Boy on a Bike revealed) (http://boy-on-a-bike.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/untangling-ownership-of-earthhour.html)), but Fairfax journalists don’t disclose), is a total futile gesture that makes almost zero practical difference? Or is their corporate involvement compromising its coverage? Is that why graphics such as these are not run in Fairfax newspapers?

Pity that the Finklestein media inquiry never considered this disturbing example of media manipulation and the possible influence of commercial considerations. I wonder why it didn’t?

UPDATE

An insider crunches the numbers:

Here’s the region by region breakdown showing the difference between Earth Hour and the same time the weekend before:

QLD – a 43 MW increase in demand (although AEMO put this down as ‘no discernable effect on demand’, I like to think the Queenslanders were sending a message!)

NSW – a 123 MW decrease in demand

VIC – a 27 MW decrease in demand

SA – no decrease in demand

TAS – a 2 MW decrease in demand

UPDATE

Another green flop - but what do you expect, when governments keep throwing money at one of the most expensive forms of power around?

Solyndra was just the appetizer. Earlier today, in what will come as a surprise only to members of the administration, the company which proudly held the rights to the world’s largest solar power project, the hilariously named Solar Trust of America ("STA"), filed for bankruptcy (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/worlds-largest-solar-plant-21-billion-energy-department-loan-guarantee-files-bankruptcy).

And while one could say that the company’s epic collapse is more a function of alternative energy politics in Germany, where its 70% parent Solar Millennium AG filed for bankruptcy last December, what is relevant is that last April STA was the proud recipient of a $2.1 billion conditional loan from the Department of Energy, incidentally the second largest loan ever handed out by the DOE’s Stephen Chu.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_graphs_that_fairfax_will_not_run/

Untangling the ownership of EarthHour

According to the 2011 Annual Report from WWF Australia, Earth Hour is a "grassroots environmental campaign that had its humble beginnings in Sydney in 2007."

Grassroots? How can it be "grassroots" when it was conceived and run by a major multi-national media corporation and a huge muti-national environmental outfit?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-elXnnKgXZYA/Ttsq8SAYPPI/AAAAAAAAIig/lMC67gjU6Ro/s640/wwf4.jpg

A quick delve into a few years worth of Fairfax annual reports shows that it is a lot more than a "sponsorship agreement". Fairfax Media actually owns 33% of Earth Hour Limited.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbireUErwi8/TtsquFRTbUI/AAAAAAAAIhA/XZOYWRges0U/s640/fairfax8.jpg

And Earth Hour Limited first showed up in the Fairfax annual report in 2009.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6cXgNndclc0/Ttsq3OnovKI/AAAAAAAAIiA/-ravGC57Di8/s640/fairfax16.jpg

The annual reports don't provide any breakdown as to the revenue, expenses and assets of Earth Hour Limited.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-h-4xrUyesqk/Ttst91LXsaI/AAAAAAAAIio/eiB4vo9egL0/s640/earth+hour+1.jpg

interest in, I can't find an annual report for it anywhere.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0gYdNLsxoA0/Ttsq1pN7dVI/AAAAAAAAIh0/_U0L_gMoAqQ/s400/fairfax15.jpg

The WWF registered the domain name, so I tried searching through their annual reports as well - no luck. They talk about Earth Hour as an event, but report nothing about it financially.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OE2BfX-LdQ4/Ttsq6ZMj8MI/AAAAAAAAIiY/Tu1bKV6ls9Q/s640/wwf3.jpg

What I did discover from searching the WWF reports is that the top three managers at WWF Australia took home total compensation of just under $500,000 between them last year - that's from a total income of $19.4 million for the entire organisation. In other words, the top three managers creamed off 2.5% of all donations. Also, they took home a whopping $65,000 more in 2011 than 2010 - a 19% pay rise.

If you divide the total package by three, it comes to an average of $165,000 each. However, we know that the CEO will be getting more than the other two, and by my reckoning, that puts him into the top 1% of Australians. Who knew that the ranks of the fat cats would include the CEOs of small environmental organisations like WWF?

Anyway, to get back on track, all we really know about Earth Hour limited is that it is 33% owned by Fairfax Media. Everything else about the company is secret squirrel. I wonder if the usual SMH blather about Earth Hour 2012 will include a disclaimer that Fairfax owns 1/3 of the operation?

I doubt it.

http://boy-on-a-bike.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/untangling-ownership-of-earthhour.html

PS - Now get your facts right before we Truthseekers start accusing you of Trolling..!!!

Once again you ignored my point and my point of view to be "right"
Thanks for contributing!

"The reasons I see for participation is developing in humanity the sense of all doing something coordinated as a symbol and stance for something, so that that abstract concept may be realized and applied to larger things that may actually make a difference in this world."