PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Alpha Waves

Little Ishta
2nd April 2012, 17:24
A couple of nights ago I awoke around 3:30 am with the words 'gamma alpha waves'(not alpha gamma waves). The thought was intense as when I got up in the morning the words re-appeared in my mind. Ever since then I hear a strange pitching sound in my right ear and only in my right ear. Now my question is; what are gamma alpha waves? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

RMorgan
2nd April 2012, 17:29
Hi my friend,

Gamma and Alpha waves are different frequency bands.

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

There canīt be a gamma-alpha wave.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hervé
2nd April 2012, 18:22
Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf!

Correct with your interpretation of "-"... however, that "-" may also mean "to" as in "80-90% of the population..." and that's a range. Could also be a mix of the two frequencies range...

If it's a case of "gamma to alpha," that could mean a tone down from a higher harmonic to the fundamental "note" as with "Schumann Resonances" (see this post (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42157-How-Solar-Flares-Affecting-Our-Bodies&p=446385&viewfull=1#post446385) <- click).

Little Ishta
2nd April 2012, 18:23
Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

So if you listen to gamma waves then the alpha waves or the combination of the two it doesn't exist? Wouldn't that be consider gamma alpha waves?

RMorgan
2nd April 2012, 18:29
Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

So if you listen to gamma waves then the alpha waves or the combination of the two it doesn't exist? Wouldn't that be consider gamma alpha waves?

Well, they exist as two separate waves and you can be exposed to both at the same time, but they canīt be merged into a single wave.

Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf!

Correct with your interpretation of "-"... however, that "-" may also mean "to" as in "80-90% of the population..." and that's a range. Could also be a mix of the two frequencies range...

If it's a case of "gamma to alpha," that could mean a tone down from a higher harmonic to the fundamental "note" as with "Schumann Resonances" (see this post (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42157-How-Solar-Flares-Affecting-Our-Bodies&p=446385&viewfull=1#post446385) <- click).

Well,

Between alpha and gamma waves, there are the beta waves, which range from 13-30Hz. So, the transition from alpha to gamma is actually beta.

Cheers,

Raf.

Little Ishta
2nd April 2012, 18:31
Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf!

Amzer Zo I do believe you hit the nail on the head, gamma to alpha and the mix of the two frequencies but with the gamma going first then leading into the alpha and ending with alpha. Would be interesting to hear that. Thanks

RMorgan
2nd April 2012, 18:37
Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf!

Hi my friend,

Alpha = 8-13Hz.
Gamma = 30-100+ Hz.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf!

Amzer Zo I do believe you hit the nail on the head, gamma to alpha and the mix of the two frequencies but with the gamma going first then leading into the alpha and ending with alpha. Would be interesting to hear that. Thanks

Well, hereīs the correct frequency order: Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Mu.

Actually, gamma, in terms of brainwaves frequency, means that youīre going to have a nervous breakdown.

Usually, our brain experiences just Delta, Theta (sleep, meditation) alpha (very relaxed state) and beta (during the day, multitask mode).

So, as Iīve said on post #5, the transition between alpha and gamma is actually beta, not a mix of alpha and gamma.

Cheers,

Raf.

Little Ishta
2nd April 2012, 19:00
Isn't gamma waves suppose to help with high focus and concentration and during mystic and transcendental experiences? Doesn't gamma waves produce a synchronisation of activity over wide areas of the brain? I never thought that it leads to a nervous breakdown.

RMorgan
2nd April 2012, 19:11
Isn't gamma waves suppose to help with high focus and concentration and during mystic and transcendental experiences? Doesn't gamma waves produce a synchronisation of activity over wide areas of the brain? I never thought that it leads to a nervous breakdown.

Hi again my friend,

Well, gamma waves alone doesnīt lead to nervous breakdown, but if your brain is working in the gamma brainwave frequency, it means itīs working on a frequency that is higher than it can handle.

Of course, gamma frequencies, in terms of brainwaves, can range from 30 to 100+ Hz. The higher the frequency, the more damaging it is. Usually, very stressed persons have their brains working in the high beta to gamma range. Technically, having your brain working in the high gamma range burns more neurons than heroine.

With exception of genuine (controlled) binaural beats technology, being exposed to a certain frequency (sounds, colors, etc..) canīt induce your brain to work at the same frequency.

Usually, mystic and transcendental experiences are much more associated with delta and theta frequencies (lower frequencies), meaning that you are experiencing a very very deep state of mind.

Cheers,

Raf.

Little Ishta
2nd April 2012, 19:14
Mmmmm.... I did find this which I thought was quite interesting.....
dfeB3lvcyIc

astrid
2nd April 2012, 19:26
Also some shamanic workers reach gamma states
when they are in altered states .
One of my teachers was all wired up and tested
and that what was found. When he opened the portal
his brainwaves went right out to gamma.

Nervous breakdown not entirely correct .
I have biofeedback every week have done for a
year or so now. A friend of mine also has it . He has
unusually high gamma waves and all the time .

So it's a matter of individual brains . It's a fascinating
topic . I have ADD without the H and my delta waves
are overly pronounced all the time . Master downers
also have this trait, it goes on and off when they dowse
and after a while it's always pronounced. I have
interestingly enough been dowsing since I was 5
Delta is high when we sleep so it's fascinating stuff,
prooves in a way that that's when we are connected
to the field . Of course all these various tracks of
different frequencies are going up and down all the
time in response to our internal and external worlds.
I'm just giving some more extreme examples of
patterns .
It's a big topic . I personally am a fan of
biofeedback as it is a non drug way of balancing
out your brain . Works really well for PTSD and
depression also .

Of course like everything can be used for good or
bad . Tv is know to keep us in trance state for
example via altering our brainwaves

But on the original question " gamma alpha"
might be a way of describing high alpha , given
it was in a dream .

RMorgan
2nd April 2012, 19:26
You have to be careful with binaural beats, my friend (post #10).

Most people who advocate it, canīt actually understand how they work.

Binaural beats simply use our left/right ears to cancel sound waves in order for our brain to perceive frequency bands that we canīt hear naturally.

Binaural beats only work with high-end headphones, that can reproduce the frequencies with accuracy. They wont work if you play them with your computer speakers at all. They wont work if you play them with your regular headphones at all as well.

Their purpose is to induce your brainwaves to work at that same frequencies you are "hearing".

However, binaural beats can actually damage your brain if not used correctly!

In the above video you have posted, both alpha and gamma frequencies are used. THIS IS JUST WRONG, because your brainwaves canīt work within two frequencies at the same time!!

Also, even with high-end headphones, these youtube binaural beats videos WILL NEVER WORK, because the audio is very compressed to make them smaller for internet standards.

So, if you want to experience binaural beats technology correctly, first you have to buy a very good set of headphones, then you must listen to the audio files in lossless file formats, which will reproduce the frequencies with accuracy.

Cheers,

Raf.

Little Ishta
2nd April 2012, 19:41
Thanks Rmorgan. Much appreciated. Astrid, yes, I do believe it was in a dream state that I heard the words and then woke up with them. I do know for a fact that my great great grandfather was a Shaman. Most of our family are gifted. (IMO we are all gifted) The Brain has always fascinated me, so with all the theories on frequencies and brain waves, I find it quite interesting as I believe frequencies and vibrations are important in life. By the way, I rather listen to music or read instead of watching t.v.

bodhii71
3rd April 2012, 03:30
http://gnaural.sourceforge.net/
I don't know if anyone might find this of interest. It's a free software program in which one can create binaural tones.
Once create, one can add their own music or already produced songs, again there are free software audio programs such as Audacity.

Daozen
4th April 2012, 15:10
Try NCH tone generator or Audacity if you want to experiment with binaural beats. Mixing Gamma and Alpha waves would make sense to me, if it was done right. The Alpha would put you into a mild trance, and the gamma would subtly stimulate you and help concentration. It'd be best to have the gamma quieter.

In the above video you have posted, both alpha and gamma frequencies are used. THIS IS JUST WRONG, because your brainwaves canīt work within two frequencies at the same time!!

This is not true at all. Every guitar chord has 6 notes. Add bass, drums and vocals and you've got maybe dozens of coexisting frequencies. People handle 30-100 hz frequencies all the time. It's very low end bass. White noise, the sea and radio are very soothing. That's a combination of hundreds of frequencies, some of them in the deep bass/gamma range

Our brains are equipped for a massive spectrum of frequencies from ELF to Mhz and prolly more. If what you said is true, people would flip out and have a breakdown every time the heard a dub track or passing motorboat.

I agree that a lot of binaural beats are roughly put together. Caution is always a good thing, especially in the gamma range. But I think your warnings are over the top, especially considering the fact that you don't seem to grasp some basic facts about the brain and audio. Multi-frequency bass noise is all over the place. Do people get brain damage when they listen toan mp3 of the sea? Should Didgeridoos carry a gov health warning?

Best check out Robert Monroe, he's the binaural emperor. His stuff is way beyond the stuff on YT... google: Gateway experience open exercise- for a free track.

Peace

etm567
4th April 2012, 18:50

Actually, gamma, in terms of brainwaves frequency, means that youīre going to have a nervous breakdown.

Usually, our brain experiences just Delta, Theta (sleep, meditation) alpha (very relaxed state) and beta (during the day, multitask mode).

So, as Iīve said on post #5, the transition between alpha and gamma is actually beta, not a mix of alpha and gamma.

Cheers,

Raf.

Why do you say that about gamma? You can find Youtubes that say they will produce gamma waves. You know, like holosync and centrepointe? But probably using isochronic tones plus the binaural beats. So what would the gamma do to you? Bad idea?

THanks for replying (I guess that means I really hope you do),

ETM

Operator
4th April 2012, 19:08
Hi guys,

Sorry to throw more into the mix but couldn't it be about gamma and alpha nuclear radiation too ?

And b.t.w. complex waves are often a summation of harmonic sine waves ... (Fourier analysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_analysis))
So I guess you could combine (add) 2 sine waves from both spectra and come up with a single wave form that represents it.

RMorgan
4th April 2012, 19:13
Try NCH tone generator or Audacity if you want to experiment with binaural beats. Mixing Gamma and Alpha waves would make sense to me, if it was done right. The Alpha would put you into a mild trance, and the gamma would subtly stimulate you and help concentration. It'd be best to have the gamma quieter.

This is not true at all. Every guitar chord has 6 notes. Add bass, drums and vocals and you've got maybe dozens of coexisting frequencies. People handle 30-100 hz frequencies all the time. It's very low end bass. White noise, the sea and radio are very soothing. That's a combination of hundreds of frequencies, some of them in the deep bass/gamma range

Our brains are equipped for a massive spectrum of frequencies from ELF to Mhz and prolly more. If what you said is true, people would flip out and have a breakdown every time the heard a dub track or passing motorboat.

I agree that a lot of binaural beats are roughly put together. Caution is always a good thing, especially in the gamma range. But I think your warnings are over the top, especially considering the fact that you don't seem to grasp some basic facts about the brain and audio. Multi-frequency bass noise is all over the place. Do people get brain damage when they listen toan mp3 of the sea? Should Didgeridoos carry a gov health warning?

Best check out Robert Monroe, he's the binaural emperor. His stuff is way beyond the stuff on YT... google: Gateway experience open exercise- for a free track.

Peace

Hey mate,

Iīm not referring to music or the ability of the brain to interpret several frequencies at the same time. Of course it can. Any person knows that.

Iīm saying that the brainwaves canīt work at two or more frequencies at the same time. Itīs a completely different thing than listening to music and interpreting its frequencies.

You canīt be at, as an example, the alpha and beta state of mind (brainwave frequencies) at the same time. Do you get it now or do you want me to draw for you?

You have completely misunderstood what Iīve sad. Next time, please, pay attention to what you read before making such a bad judgment over a personīs contribution.

Cheers,

Raf.

Cheers,

Raf.

Why do you say that about gamma? You can find Youtubes that say they will produce gamma waves. You know, like holosync and centrepointe? But probably using isochronic tones plus the binaural beats. So what would the gamma do to you? Bad idea?

THanks for replying (I guess that means I really hope you do),

ETM

Hey mate,

Well, it isnīt a bad idea, mostly because those youtube videos donīt actually work.

For binaural beats to work, as Iīve sad before, you have to use high-end headphones and listen to them in lossless format, or preferentially in analog format.

Anyone who sells binaural beats songs/cds in MP3 format is a scam.

Even using high-end headphones and with a good uncompressed audio source, thereīs no guarantee that listening to binaural beats will induce your brain to work at the same frequency. The background ambient music might relax you indeed, but the isolated frequencies wont do nothing.

Most scientific testes using binaural beats to induce the brain to work at certain frequencies were inconclusive.

I guess, even with the best sound equipment, it doesnīt work for everyone, just like hypnosis.

Cheers,

Raf.

Daozen
5th April 2012, 00:16
Iīm saying that the brainwaves canīt work at two or more frequencies at the same time. Itīs a completely different thing than listening to music and interpreting its frequencies.

OK I get what you're saying' but its still not that simple. The brain is working at many frequencies at the same time. When we listen to a binaural beat, we are just choosing which frequency predominates. Robert Monroe made dense soundscapes using a range of ELF tones. I think it'd be possible to lower someone into a delta state and then gently stimulate the brain using occasional peaks of gamma.

You canīt be at, as an example, the alpha and beta state of mind (brainwave frequencies) at the same time. Do you get it now or do you want me to draw for you?

I don't think this is true. The brain and consciousness are much more complicated then you are making out.

Research has shown that although one brainwave state may predominate at any given time, depending on the activity level of the individual, the remaining three brain states are present in the mix of brainwaves at all times. In other words, while somebody is an aroused state and exhibiting a beta brainwave pattern, there also exists in that person's brain a component of alpha, theta and delta, even though these may be present only at the trace level.

http://www.web-us.com/brainwavesfunction.htm

Also, even with high-end headphones, these youtube binaural beats videos WILL NEVER WORK, because the audio is very compressed to make them smaller for internet standards.

It's true the audio is compressed. Bass frequencies are reduced by compression.... But some YT vids use 200hz + 208hz to create an 8hz difference tone. That is easily perceivable by the ears, and YT won't alter that sound too much. I have had a lot of success with some Delta videos on YT.

This one's good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40PKu7Bm7t4