PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Avalon

gripreaper
3rd April 2012, 05:30
It is with great trepidation, anxiety, apprehension, consternation, uneasiness, concern, and foreboding with which I am leaving Avalon at this time in the great awakening of mankind, and the stellar constellations and their alignment in the cosmos.

I have been here since January last year as a result of the whole “Charles” thingy, although I have followed Avalon and Camelot from the very beginning. As a matter of fact, I have been a part of many forums over the years and actually started posting on forums when “Prodigy” came out with the first message boards over 25 years ago. It has been quite a ride and I have learned a lot from many an enlightened soul.

Yet, since I’ve come to Avalon, I have tried to be as succinct, straightforward, honest, sincere, respectful, concise, epigrammatic, compendious, authentic, ethical, fair, conscientious, honorable, decent and forthright.

Here’s the problem. My posts don’t get enough “thanks”. I’ve looked at others whose posts don’t seem to be any better than mine, and yet they get more thanks than I do. I did some comprehensive analysis of the different threads, the “thanks” that they get, and what subjects are getting the most “thanks”, so I started a couple threads and they just disappeared into the ethers and no one responded. So, I tried adding content to existing threads and those did not get the amount of thanks I wanted either. I just don’t know what to do.

I thought about finding another forum, but this forum is the best forum I have ever found. I don’t know where to go to find a better forum, as I don’t know if one really exists. Maybe I’m just not good enough for this forum and I need to go to above top secret or something like that, but I just can’t stomach the thought of it. I thought maybe I’ll just go back to watching TV, but it’s been so long since I did that I forgot how to vedge on the couch with some high fructose pastry and a remote, but I’m not sure I can do that anymore. Besides, all that is “on” is cop shows and doctor shows, and I don’t think I could stomach watching what Paris Hilton’s recent outfit is, or what Lindsay Lohan’s latest court troubles are, or Kim Kardashian’s latest vacation, and the commercials drive me nuts in about five minutes.

And besides, Bill Ryan hardly ever posts anymore. I see he comes by occasionally for an hour or so, but he doesn’t post anything, and there is no “thanks” button where I can just thank him for stopping by. Since he moved to Vilcabamba, maybe he is busy planting a garden and hoping to get ready for the big shift that is coming, as he so much as said that he does not feel the need to do any more interviews as just about everything has been covered and is in the archives. I miss the interviews.

So, I’m in a real quandary what to do. Good bye Avalonian’s and thanks for all of your insightful posts. There is no place on the net anywhere like this place. It is the absolute best.

Ivanhoe
3rd April 2012, 05:37
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Good luck and God speed.

Ineffable Hitchhiker
3rd April 2012, 05:52
Here’s the problem. My posts don’t get enough “thanks”. I’ve looked at others whose posts don’t seem to be any better than mine, and yet they get more thanks than I do.

If you are here to learn...ignore the thanks button.
If this is the best forum around....don´t go.
If you are in a quandry....take a break.

:)

If you do decide to go.... I wish you well.

christian
3rd April 2012, 06:03
Not getting enough thanks, you're kidding, right? The more looking for others' applause is important to you, the more you are their slave. But if that's what you want, consider posting only in very popular threads like "Here and Now" (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening), you'll "get" many thanks easily :biggrin1:

As for Bill not being around much: It's not about who is around, but about what is going on. Anyways I resonate with Bill's desire to focus more on pratical solutions in "real life" after so much information is now out there.

Good luck :yo:

dan i el
3rd April 2012, 06:05
"Here’s the problem. My posts don’t get enough “thanks”. I’ve looked at others whose posts don’t seem to be any better than mine, and yet they get more thanks than I do."

There's no point in worrying about something like that...it really doesn't matter..

giovonni
3rd April 2012, 06:17
Greetings my Friend,
i wouldn't give that thank you button too much credence, but i can say with absolute certainty that maintaining a thread is another matter. And i can saw in one breath - a well conceived thread, can be very rewarding but also very disappointing, if your only seeking wonderful energy and feedback in coming back your way.... But in saying that - i really hope you will reconsider your decision in leaving though, because i know your have showed great interest in meeting up with me and other members this coming season at the Eceti Ranch.... And you should also note - that is how the 'Up at the Ranch' thread was conceived and later realized... From sharing a personal experience with another Avalon member and then the inspired desire to share it all with others here . :)

Blessings Always ~ Gio

Daozen
3rd April 2012, 06:51
Here’s the problem. My posts don’t get enough “thanks”.

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f91/10318d1329521442t-48-hour-trial-again-sisko-facepalm.gif

ponda
3rd April 2012, 07:29
Hi gripreaper,

Imho this is a good opportunity for you to observe how the ego squeezes us emotionally and plays with our perceptions.It is very subtle.i would like to kindly suggest that you might be able to continue to help others learn from your contributions and to keep on learning from others contributions.You might find it interesting to quietly watch your ego as you contribute to the forum.Also the ego is cunning and it will try to influence you both ways.Something to keep in mind if a lot of appreciation is shown.

cheers

jackovesk
3rd April 2012, 07:33
Gripreaper I really don't understand your mindset..?

Re:

I did some comprehensive analysis of the different threads, the “thanks” that they get, and what subjects are getting the most “thanks”, so I started a couple threads and they just disappeared into the ethers and no one responded.

I'm sorry its not about the 'Thanks' its about the 'Information' and how you the 'Collective Indiviual' can communicate your message...(Never lose sight of the 1,000s of Guest's who read this Forum & Don't have a 'Thanks Button')

I did a little Research on your Threads myself...

Click to Enlarge...

After analysing the data above, I see 80% of your 'Threads' are in the 'General Discussion' section. Which is probably 'Why' some of your information has been overlooked..?

Having said that - They have had a number of views (Guests), which is a good thing and tells me you may need to re-think which sub-section you actually place them in...:yes4:

Remember the (General Discussion) sub - section can be a tough crowd, only because they hang out there to (Discuss Things) as the 'Heading' suggests...Maybe you need to re-think your strategy as to where to place your next thread...

e.g.

The Fallacy of Lack of Resources, Water and NEWAPA could have been placed in the News Section.

Annunaki, our ancestors vs Illuminati" could have been placed in the Conspiracy Research Section

From memory I think I have 'Thanked' you on a number of occassions...:yes4: and I don't press the 'Thankyou' button just for the sake of it...

So let me :fish: for this 'Thread' and say 'Keep At It' instead of giving up...

...and I look forward to your next post...:)

Remember: Its not about the Thanks..!

Rgs,

Jack

Tarka the Duck
3rd April 2012, 08:26
We really have to look at what sort of world we want to live in.
We really have to look at what we value - and allow others the same courtesy.

There is much on here that is trivial, and some who write are antagonistic: they change the mood of threads when they enter them.
There is not enough in-depth looking and questioning.
I do not know if this is by design, or it is the nature of a site with little quality control.
Bill Ryan and the mods do not seem to be interested in the quality of the site, but just in numbers. Easy come, easy go.

Too many people are making claims about themselves, with no view of support or thought for others who may hold different views.

It's either dog eat dog, or dog lick dog!

Just remember how this site was, and how it is now.
Some of the egos that are here just keep digging away, using the forum for their own aggrandisement...it's staggering how many people claim to be 'enlightened' here! If that's enlightenment, its not for me :rolleyes:

We need to wake up to what is going on.

Forums do not have to just reflect ordinary life: they can make a change!
But we have to be prepared to change first...

Star1111
3rd April 2012, 08:34
Try giving without the need for Thanks.

To give of thyself is more important than the need for ego-based thanks.

araucaria
3rd April 2012, 11:23
The thanks button often registers what people have already taken on board. In other words it tells you when you are preaching to the choir.

Counterintuitively, those posts that get less thanks are probably the ones that are having the most impact - not always, of course, but people are not going to thank you for challenging their pet views, even though this may be your most valuable contribution.

New Dawn
3rd April 2012, 12:16
That's pretty insane mate. Sometimes I don't get thanks, sometimes I do. Of course it's appreciated when my contributions are shown to be useful, but I don't really care either way - if I find it worth posting, then it is worth posting with or without validation from others.

I don't post here that much anymore, and yes, this place has changed to something I'm not so into, but that's life - everything is constantly changing.

As for Bill not posting anymore, does it really matter? If he's got nothing new to say, he's not going to post, just like I don't. He's obviously alive and well, and still out there. So why not focus on the topics you care about from other people? They are as important as Bill's posts are they not?

If you've been on forums since the start, its pretty disappointing that you've not learned what counts and what doesn't. That's not an insult, but maybe just to make you think.
When I leave this place for good, it'll be because my beliefs or feelings are no longer aligned with what the forum is providing or behaving like (which has been happening slowly for a long time for me), and not because of a lack of thanks.

Just stick around, look in from time to time and take a bit of a back seat for a while!

Blueskywalking
3rd April 2012, 12:16
Insufficient reason. Permission denied.
Good luck, God be with you, thanks given. :)

PS
How many more than 1883 thanks would make you feel sufficiently appreciated?
Could you allow yourself to appreciate yourself more?

Oh yeah and good luck finding somewhere like Avalon (joke, or IS it?).
Remember we're the only ones who REALLY understand WTF you're talking about...:cool2:

(You're a writer dude.
Stop beating up on yourself.
Get a blog, self-publish, create more focused venues for your art.
Take responsibility for your gift.)

Dennis Leahy
3rd April 2012, 12:25
hahahahahahaa hahahaha hahahhahahahaha hahahhahahaha haahhahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahha hahahahhahahhahah

:high5: :clap2: :rofl:

You really cracked me up, brother!

Thanks, you put a huge grin on my face this morning!

Dennis

{edit} I had to edit my post: I had forgotten to hit the 'Thanks" button! hehehehehee

Prodigal Son
3rd April 2012, 12:37
Why would you leave a forum that you know is the best? I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "Thanks" gripreaper. I'm new here and I'm still not in the habit of thanking people, but I'm working on it. Nothing to do with Project Avalon in particular, but people can be very strange in what they find appealing or informative. Please don't be insulted, but I think that being concerned about "thanks" comes directly from the ego.... the not so desirable aspect of it that the Dalai Lama says causes all human suffering. I find your posts very informative and worthwhile, and I apologize for not "thanking" you enough.

markpierre
3rd April 2012, 12:38
I don't get your reasoning, but I appreciate that it's your business. Our lessons are almost always that we were mistaken, so I have to throw that in. No, always mistaken.

Thanks for your insights and wisdom. And thanks for the pleasure of your company. I'd vote for that not to end, if someone takes a poll.

Or you just change your mind.

God bless you. Oh alright, He already did that. My blessing then.

Hmmmm....my post/thanks ratio isn't that good either. Maybe I'm getting ripped off.

Tane Mahuta
3rd April 2012, 12:48
gripreaper!!...mate!!... yes threads, posts & comments can be lost in the din of background chatter...
&...it can seem that no one is listening!!...

Friend...people do listen.

Don't be so fixated on feedback(I don't) It's not about numbers, it's about quality!(imho).

As for "Bill"...well, he's found another path to explore...don't worry about him not being
here, but be inspired by him, in creating P.A

Do him a great honour by contributing to the forum from the heart.

nuff said

TM

Limor Wolf
3rd April 2012, 12:54
I take it as a nice parody, otherwise, I will have to remove my 'thanks'. Relieve our tension Gripreaper, and put the smile back on our faces :-) I thought it was briliiant ! in a kind of a funny way!

Curt
3rd April 2012, 13:01
I'm assuming this is satire...

:first:

RMorgan
3rd April 2012, 13:03
Hey mate,

Well, if you want to get a lot of thanks, you must have a custom avatar, so people can visually identity you instantly and, with time, it creates a sense of familiarity and friendship. ;)

Cheers,

Raf.

WhiteFeather
3rd April 2012, 13:10
I myself would like 2 buttons. 1 for Hugs and 1 for Kisses. Nice to get a hug and kiss now and then.
Sorry to hear your departure, as i loved your spirit here. I mean that with sincerity. One million hugs and kisses to you.
If you must leave your family Remember, Peace on your path. Love in your heart. And light on every road you travel in the universe. Much love to you. ~W.f.~

TWINCANS
3rd April 2012, 13:21
True, as many have said, that the Thanks button is not all that important, rather it's all about the information and connection. But it IS disheartening to put something out and receive little encouragement.

Jacko's input regarding the placement of your threads is a good one. Another is that I have noticed threads need a nudge from time to time. Maybe you could get them going by posting the OP then add further info and then another idea, and get them moving a bit that way.

People log in at all times of the day due to time zone differences and if they miss your posting it could be that they've been at work or asleep.

As to Bill's interviews, I think many miss new material but that's up to us now I guess.

Thanks for telling us you were having a tough time with things here. But AF is obviously close to your heart and that's so important not to lose. Maybe have a break and a rethink?

13th Warrior
3rd April 2012, 13:33
Maybe you'd get more "Thanks" if you used more adjectives in your writing?

Dennis Leahy
3rd April 2012, 13:40
Maybe you'd get more "Thanks" if you used more adjectives in your writing?

hehehehehhee

I agree! And don't forget adverbs!

Yours truly... and succinctly, straightforwardly, honestly, sincerely, respectfully, concisely, epigrammatically, compendiously, authentically, ethically, fairly, conscientiously, honorably, decently, and forthrightly,

Your pal,

Dennis

Eagle
3rd April 2012, 13:46
For whatever reason you may have to stay or not, time passes and things change especially now. be well, be honored, and be happy!

Debra
3rd April 2012, 13:57
Agreed. This is a satire, no? It is the first thing I thought on the OP. He is brilliant. He has done it again. Awesome :) After all, this is the man who brought us a new channelled entity, just a few weeks back, and I am still waiting to give him money to support his galactic mission.

Now, if you are serious Gripreaper, stop it!

There would be a big hole without you.

Love Zebra

ViralSpiral
3rd April 2012, 14:11
Don't forget to start a "Hi, I'm back thread", so we can thank you again.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3045/2577980272_a2e2185abb.jpg

Debra
3rd April 2012, 14:13
Daozen,
nice work.
Z *big smile*

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f91/10318d1329521442t-48-hour-trial-again-sisko-facepalm.gif

araucaria
3rd April 2012, 14:20
Of course it is parody, but we answer seriously in response to the genuine concerns of other people which are being exaggerated here. We do so not out of naivety but because it literally makes no difference, except that the parody would be justcruel and scare people off.

frances
3rd April 2012, 14:28
It appears a lot of people care about you. Just take a short break a little forum holiday and come back. Frances.

Earth Angel
3rd April 2012, 14:38
I dont know what to make of this........at first I thought you've got to be kidding right :confused: ... then I saw all the sympathetic responses and thought, or maybe not........then I saw the people saying get real and I thought yea its a joke.......I also think at this rate we will need a thread like the Resigned Bankers called Resigned, Pissed off, Under Thanked, Members of Avalon Thread.......Bill we love , but he is not our father and we can carry on quite well in his absence......he doesn't owe us anything!

Dont forget to tip, I mean, Thank, your poster!

Sidney
3rd April 2012, 15:07
You have almost 2000 thanks. I think thats quite a few IMO. That said, I don't see how that can be so important.... In real life, would you just throw away all your friends because they didn't show enough appreciation? It just seems a little harsh. But good luck anyway, and I really hope you find what you are looking for. With all sincerity.

Mike
3rd April 2012, 15:51
oh god, "thanks" REaper! i needed that laugh today. a much needed post.

ok, lets see...what am i supposed to say here again?
oh yeah, now i remember: please rethink your position, Reaper! you make such great contributions to the forum! you're a valued member here! oh my, another valued member leaving! Bill Ryan needs to come address this immediately! Bill, don't you feel that ominous, evil, lurking amoeba of doom infiltrating Avalon!?! can't you *see* Satan's jism stains all over the lovely quilt that is Avalon?!? oh, it mustn't happen!

yeah, i think that about covers it. sh!t, i was gonna quit the forum if someone hadn't recognized the parody here. i was getting nervous there for a minute;) after all, we do pride ourselves on our discernment, do we not?:o

well played, Reaper.

Dennis Leahy
3rd April 2012, 16:06
Wait! We're losing our Grip!

Please, please, please, please do NOT go until you have hit the 2000 "Thanks" threshold. Only 83 to go! At 2000, you win a prize! What specifically, you might ask?

Well, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUQkbXWwJhQ

Dennis

Ernie Nemeth
3rd April 2012, 16:10
Gripreaper, I remember marking your name when I saw your first few posts. You are in the loop.
Number of thanks can become blown out of proportion, it is not the measure of someone's worth.

Mike
3rd April 2012, 16:13
Wait! We're losing our Grip!
Please, please, please, please do NOT go until you have hit the 2000 "Thanks" threshold. Only 83 to go! At 2000, you win a prize! What specifically, you might ask?

Well, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUQkbXWwJhQ

Dennis

Ha! Good one Dennis. personally, i think you deserve the chicklets *and* the erasers for your wonderful adverbs listed above -- 'epigrammatically' and 'compendiously' in particular. whew...impressive:)

Mike
3rd April 2012, 16:21
Gripreaper, I remember marking your name when I saw your first few posts. You are in the loop.
Number of thanks can become blown out of proportion, it is not the measure of someone's worth.

Oh Jeez...

Ernie, my man, please...IT'S A JOKE! A PARODY! :)

(sigh) *walks away shaking head, staring at feet, thoroughly bewildered*

p.s. now i'm beginning to wonder whether this thread was such a good idea...:)

Deega
3rd April 2012, 16:25
Thanks Gripreaper, I don't understand your position?

You were posting to get «thanks», it look more like you are in need of attention, hmm!

I would say that I for one is not here for thanks, I'm here to learn, to share, to participate as much as my experience permit.

English is not my native tongue, so my writing is not always of the same quality as a native one, and I don't receive much «thanks», I don't feel hurt by it, it doesn't have relevance to what I want to share.

Anyway, I'm sending you the best of wishes on your journey to a new forum or otherwise.

All the best to you.

Deega

christian
3rd April 2012, 16:30
It's a joke. Satire. Yeah, of course. Shoulda known :whistle:

Unified Serenity
3rd April 2012, 16:33
These are your stats Gripreaper:

Avalon Member

Join Date 2nd January 2011 Posts 532 Thanks 1,074 Thanked 1,918 times in 419 posts

So, of your 532 posts, 419 of them have been thanked 1918 times. You have read on here for over a year, and I bet that is more than 419 posts you have read, and yet you have only given thanks 1,074 times. It seems you have been shown more appreciation from others than you have shown for others works. I think you need to be honest with yourself about what you are really needing right now. I am not saying this to hurt you gripreaper. I am trying to show you some facts and have you step back a moment and look at this factually.

Thanks are nice to get, it feels warm and fuzzy. I also know thanks can be a weapon as when I was told to STFU and get off the forum elsewhere and it was thanked by none other than a moderator who was / is the forum owners wife. It wasn't nice, it is funny now that I look back on it because it showed me the truth about some people. I have decided to enjoy the moments where I click with someone on a forum and become their friend and we talk in email or skype. I will glean what I can from forums and use them to share what I think it important, funny, or helpful in some way, but I refuse to give away my spirit to people who are petty, here for drama, and cannot have a disagreement without getting ugly. I used to get very hurt by the many ad hominem attacks against me, and now I just don't give a damn.

There is a great song and I hope it helps you to let it go. If you want to go because there is no benefit to stay on Avalon, then go and be blessed. If you just need a hug and some love, say so and you will get just as much attention and even more positive energy sent to you.

There are really great and caring people on here from all sides of life. We don't all agree, but I know most of the people here are loving.

DFG9dwolo3Q

I loved her line, "Whose your enabler these days"

Dennis Leahy
3rd April 2012, 16:35
Ha! Good one Dennis. personally, i think you deserve the chicklets *and* the erasers for your wonderful adverbs listed above -- 'epigrammatically' and 'compendiously' in particular. whew...impressive:)

It was stolen from the work of the indefatigable Gripreaper, in his opening post. I merely morphed his list of adjectives into a list of adverbs. :~)

The Chicklets *and* the erasers are his - he earned them fairly and squarely!

I was so hoping for a bicentennial glass!

Dennis

ViralSpiral
3rd April 2012, 16:40
Ernie, my man, please...IT'S A JOKE! A PARODY! :)

And therein lies the rub, for me....

I have not yet thanked the original post (not that that's of any relevance or importance) as I had mixed feelings reading it. I could almost see the tongue-in-cheek and yet, what if.....

Some wish to bid a genuine farewell. Everyone is free, and has the right to do so, as much as one has the choice to ignore a post.

I am the first to hop onto the "jolly" bandwagon however, also empathize with those who recognize that a change of scenery is necessary to move forward.

I.m.o.:-

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fail-owned-paradoxical-fail.jpg

So, stay/go. Enjoy the journey

:)

sygh
3rd April 2012, 16:51
And besides, Bill Ryan hardly ever posts anymore. I see he comes by occasionally for an hour or so, but he doesn’t post anything, and there is no “thanks” button where I can just thank him for stopping by. Since he moved to Vilcabamba, maybe he is busy planting a garden and hoping to get ready for the big shift that is coming, as he so much as said that he does not feel the need to do any more interviews as just about everything has been covered and is in the archives. I miss the interviews.

So, I’m in a real quandary what to do. Good bye Avalonian’s and thanks for all of your insightful posts. There is no place on the net anywhere like this place. It is the absolute best.

gripreaper...
you are valued here and I have appreciated your input. Don't let the "thanks" button twist your thinking. For instance, I have been gone allot of recent -finally busy working in the field of sustainable energy. Sometimes I just drop in and read because I don't have time to start and stay with a new thread. When we start a new threat, it's necessary to oversee it... I never have time, and I feel a certain amount of guilt. However, I do a lot of research... to the extent that I can, and mostly concerning my locality, because I believe this is what we should be doing. I don't want to support Walmart while devistating my own family, ya know? I attribute part of that to the strength in number we have had at Avalon. I have relied upon Avalon as a place I can come to to talk about these important issues.

At any rate, sometimes, this makes me seem like an ungrateful reader. I don't mean to be so, I will appoligize if I have added to your dismay.

As to Bill, I've read people who post on here insult him saying things like don't get involved in this discussion, this is a factual discource and has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, etc... I had trouble believing my eyes when I read that. Why was this person on this forum? Granted, this person was qualified in his field of expertise but he gave Bill no grace, even though Bill has more experience in UFOs and even the PTB/W. And Bill really hasn't been around, which makes me wonder if he'd really just like to see this whole thing peter out.

All that to say this... don't go. Your imput is very much appreciated. Thank you (s) don't alway follow even the greatest of partisipants.

M6*
3rd April 2012, 16:52
Hi Christian!
I knew you would "do us proud"!
The thing is that when we are students, we are here to learn
(I am the eternal student, so I don't have to worry about going anywhere else,
since this is MUCH better than any other morning newspaper I've ever found.)
Everybody needs to follow his own path I guess.
Cheers! M6*

Earth Angel
3rd April 2012, 16:52
Gripreaper, please put us all out of our misery so not too many people have to spend their time writing you very thoughtful posts only to find this is a test/trick/joke.........You are kidding right??

another bob
3rd April 2012, 16:53

http://i44.tinypic.com/33xh250.jpg

aranuk
3rd April 2012, 16:54
Hi Gripreaper, get a grip of yourself please. Please rethink and stay with us. Here's my strong hand, grip it tight and up you come back.

Stan

ViralSpiral
3rd April 2012, 17:00

http://i44.tinypic.com/33xh250.jpg

*chortle*

Gotta love a boa!

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/images/smilies/hats-off.gif

http://www.pixelonomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/i-am-what-i-am.jpg

Mike
3rd April 2012, 17:04
irony: (ahy-ruh-nee). noun. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning.

:frusty:

another bob
3rd April 2012, 17:12
http://www.pixelonomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/i-am-what-i-am.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h4vktc.jpg

doodah
3rd April 2012, 17:16
Gripreaper,

I've been with Bill in spirit and in a volunteer capacity since the original Camelot, and the original Avalon. If I recall correctly, it might even have been Bill's original intent that this forum become just what it is, a gathering place that should be able to stand on its own two feet and be self-directed. After all, that's what our communities would have to be, if they get formed. You might think of this as a virtual training-ground.

As for the "Thanks-O-Meter," I've long laughed at that feature of this forum. What? Is this a popularity contest?

Much high quality and useful information passes through this forum - and that is not to be sneezed at. Maybe just take a break!

Love and peace,
~Doodah

another bob
3rd April 2012, 17:19
As for the "Thanks-O-Meter," I've long laughed at that feature of this forum. What? Is this a popularity contest?

http://i42.tinypic.com/34o7daa.gif

Earth Angel
3rd April 2012, 19:26
Ive just stopped back here to see how many thanks my previous posts received and I am very disappointed...:(....I may have to rethink my...whole...life.......:doh:

Cartomancer
3rd April 2012, 19:30
It is kind of funny what will "stick" or "not stick" here on Avalon. I have posted many things that seem important or insightful to me but no one cares to comment. Ever notice how the "Whats happening here and now" thread gets more attention than anything and it has very little to do with any subject matter discussed here. You should ignore the thanks issue because really that does nothing but degrade into a popularity contest to some degree. I always try to thank everyone who responds to my post even if I don't like what they said.

I am among those here who question a lot of the material presented on Project Camelot etc. so that probably causes some resentment. I see logic and possibilities in even the things I don't wholesale believe. Sometime people get offended that you don't believe everything that they do so its a touchy thing to disagree. Its important to be tolerant even though I go off if someone disagrees with me too. I usually apologize if I went too far.

I kind of notice a division in philosophies here. After the big Fulford/Hoagland/Wilcock debate that happened a few months ago and the Lord Sidious controversy many have left or become disillusioned with what is going on here. There just isn't as much excitement as there was about a year ago.

The bottom line is that we all have the same things to be concerned about no matter if you believe aliens or entities or men are doing this to us. The semantics just don't matter in the long run. I think you should take a break like I just did and come back and join us at your leisure. You can still quit later. I always read your posts with interest even if I didn't respond and your comments on other posts as well. I hope you stay.

jagman
3rd April 2012, 19:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OcfqDPAy7zc

Earth Angel
3rd April 2012, 19:38
Jagman, that could also qualify on the Songs you're Embarrassed to admit you love thread!!! haha so cute!

Borden
3rd April 2012, 19:44
I want Bill Ryan to be here more often too. Not only that, I want him to 'thank' my posts. He's missed an awful lot of my genius, and I feel bad for him.

Don't be a f***ing girl, mate. Your posts are often really interesting. Man up. If you leave then there's one less credible thinker here ... and we can hardly bloody afford that!

Unified Serenity
3rd April 2012, 20:54
Don't be a f***ing girl, mate.

I can't believe you said this! Really? Thinks you deserve a spanking now...( sticks tongue out and stomps off like a girl.)

Mandala
3rd April 2012, 22:22
We really have to look at what sort of world we want to live in.
We really have to look at what we value - and allow others the same courtesy.

There is much on here that is trivial, and some who write are antagonistic: they change the mood of threads when they enter them.
There is not enough in-depth looking and questioning.
I do not know if this is by design, or it is the nature of a site with little quality control.
Bill Ryan and the mods do not seem to be interested in the quality of the site, but just in numbers. Easy come, easy go.

Too many people are making claims about themselves, with no view of support or thought for others who may hold different views.

It's either dog eat dog, or dog lick dog!

Just remember how this site was, and how it is now.
Some of the egos that are here just keep digging away, using the forum for their own aggrandisement...it's staggering how many people claim to be 'enlightened' here! If that's enlightenment, its not for me :rolleyes:

We need to wake up to what is going on.

Forums do not have to just reflect ordinary life: they can make a change!
But we have to be prepared to change first...

The culture and tone has changed here. It is not as kind as it once was, and does not seem as friendly as it once was. I hope to see us re-establish some of the earlier qualities of support and caring for each other. We once helped someone drive across country. We have also supported sick friends and family members who needed well wishes. We encouraged a person with their medical boards. Some of you may not know what I'm talking about, but as a group we have been through quite a bit together.

To me, we are here to learn, research, converse and share. We are also here to support each other and to care. If we can't care about each other, we are no better than the beings that got us into this mess.

I read almost everything here, but don't post very much. My thoughts, never do anything with too many expectations, especially thanks. You may or may not get them. This leads to disappointment.

I have met some wonderful people here. Incredible folks. I'm glad they have been part of my journey.

giovonni
3rd April 2012, 23:11
Greetings again gripreaper ...

i think it's safe in declaring that your thread is a kind of success in and of itself... And i believe you've done the membership a great service in allowing some venting to occur here... It has also been very revealing too me in gauging a unique sample of the moods and demeanor's currently on this forum.

Delight
3rd April 2012, 23:23
:violin:

Just feeling wicked here.
Is it true that people seem to take notice more (even just for a bit) when they know someone is about to leave,

and care even, even more (and they may never have met you) if you are near death.

And people seem to care the most when you're gone (but then may forget pretty quick).

People are strange.....
I should know ........

ZRAr354usf8

jjjones
4th April 2012, 00:09
gripreaper, this forum or ANY forum is NOT about Thanks and gratitude toward individuals threads. it is about what someone learns from you whether positive or negative as long as it plants a seed for inner growth and awareness. we are in this dimension for Service to Others. it is nice to hear/read a thank you, but one doesn't NEED it. how many of us thanked our parents/someone we looked up to every time they did something for us? most likely not enough of us has said thanks. if you are leaving because of this reason only, then it is weak and shallow. maybe my interpretation of your thread is perceived wrong, i hope it is. you probably helped more people who didn't say Thank You than you realize. would like to see you stay. good luck in your adventure of growth on our stormy seas of life. namaste, love and peace universally :)

Cilka
4th April 2012, 03:24
Here’s the problem. My posts don’t get enough “thanks”. I’ve looked at others whose posts don’t seem to be any better than mine, and yet they get more thanks than I do. I did some comprehensive analysis of the different threads, the “thanks” that they get, and what subjects are getting the most “thanks”, so I started a couple threads and they just disappeared into the ethers and no one responded. So, I tried adding content to existing threads and those did not get the amount of thanks I wanted either. I just don’t know what to do.

I thought about finding another forum, but this forum is the best forum I have ever found. I don’t know where to go to find a better forum, as I don’t know if one really exists. Maybe I’m just not good enough for this forum and I need to go to above top secret or something like that, but I just can’t stomach the thought of it. I thought maybe I’ll just go back to watching TV, but it’s been so long since I did that I forgot how to vedge on the couch with some high fructose pastry and a remote, but I’m not sure I can do that anymore. Besides, all that is “on” is cop shows and doctor shows, and I don’t think I could stomach watching what Paris Hilton’s recent outfit is, or what Lindsay Lohan’s latest court troubles are, or Kim Kardashian’s latest vacation, and the commercials drive me nuts in about five minutes.

What? Gripreaper, if you were right here standing beside me I would kick your butt. Who cares about not having enough of people thanking you? We are not in grade one. I have not thanked a lot of people here either, but it does not mean that I did not respond to their threads or did not appreciate what they had to say, I just dont say thanks that much. It's like people who say I LOVE YOU all the time or HOW ARE YOU and they dont mean it, that drives me up the wall. If I thanked people all the time then I would drive myself up the wall.

I think that a real THANK YOU or I LOVE YOU or HOW ARE YOU QUESTION, need to come really from the heart, otherwise all these words will just be floating around in space for nothing. And on top of all this wisdom I just bombarded you ALL with, because I am so wise and smart ;) how about if we just started feeling with our hearts for a change?

I LOVE YOU ALL! Oh man, I wish I could just kick by butt right now for that.

markpierre
4th April 2012, 06:05
Hey! How come I can't thank myself? Who would know better the value of what I have to say than me? In fact, give me unlimited thanks power. That would get my numbers up.

Doesn't it occur to anyone that readers might be influenced by the numbers of thanks under posts that have no more particular truth or value than any other comments? I haven't met anyone here qualified to judge anything.

There's no one here smarter than me and I know how dumb I am.

Lets get a little real and s#it-can this ridiculous and insidious feature.

Carolin
4th April 2012, 16:03
Hey! How come I can't thank myself? Who would know better the value of what I have to say than me? In fact, give me unlimited thanks power. That would get my numbers up.

Doesn't it occur to anyone that readers might be influenced by the numbers of thanks under posts that have no more particular truth or value than any other comments? I haven't met anyone here qualified to judge anything.

There's no one here smarter than me and I know how dumb I am.

Lets get a little real and s#it-can this ridiculous and insidious feature.

Thanks for that Mark, I just about choked on my coffee reading it this morning. So true though....no one knows the value of what I say better than me! This is going to sound narcissistic but my own posts are what I learn the most from. They allow me to articulate my feelings which sometimes surprise me. That leads to self analysis and growth. Isn't evolution the reason we are all here?

kittywake
4th April 2012, 22:10
Don't go i have only just arrived.

Tane Mahuta
5th April 2012, 04:08
Don't go i have only just arrived.

Hey welcome to Avalon....greetings

TM

ViralSpiral
5th April 2012, 08:26
2 days........... he is NOT coming back?

DarMar
5th April 2012, 09:00
omg, that stuff i read on start of thread is for real?

Who took your soul sir?