PDA

View Full Version : Stuff, Stuff and More Stuff 

RunningDeer
4th April 2012, 12:32
Hi, my name is Paula, and I’m a collector-holic. I’m coming clean. Before the invention of eBooks, I was a collector of the paper kind. Piles of them. I found that eBooks is not the true solution either, but I'll leave that discussion for another time.

How about you? Is your stuff beginning to feel more like anchors? No, I’m not going to suggest that you lighten your load. Heck, you can even have some of my stuff, if it makes you feel more secure. Because that’s what I want for you. Security means opportunity to feel the freedom and joy. And that my friend helps you, and me and everyone else.

These were some of the questions I had to ask my self. So I pass this list on to you so you can have one more thing to collect. Have you in the past or recently:

- purchased a larger home/apartment to store your stuff?
- taken on monthly payments for off site storage for your stuff?
- added a new addition on your home for your stuff?
- purchased a carport kit garage because there’s no room in your two car garage?
- purchased a stand alone building for your property?
- hired someone to build a stand alone building for your property?
- attached a mother-in-law apartment to your home, but don't have a mother-in-law?
- bribed your kids with Xbox 360 and iPhones to share a room in exchange to free up a room for your stuff?
- own a moldy box collection filled with things you have no idea because the magic marker has faded?
- rubric-cube configuration of boxes stacked with middle boxes of stuff getting the silent treatment?
- petrified mice entombed because they failed the cardboard maze of stuff?
- or how about a missing child or pet?

Lastly, if you find you have a line item budget that includes yearly moving expenses, or security deposit for first month and last month rent, or boxes chasing you in your dreams, it might be time for a green bag party. I use green so I can’t see what’s made it into the bag. And the second rule don’t look in the bag. Be brave, tie it up. 

Stuff need not become anchors. If stuff provides basic comforts that free you up to become a balanced being then stuff serves it’s purpose. Stuff can be a material tool to get your from Point A to Point B.  Please, don’t forget that the heart holds All.

Joy and chuckles,
WhiteCrowBlackDeer

Daft Ada
4th April 2012, 14:05
You sound like my wife, Thank god the kindle came along, All my walls are covered in book cases, :cool: