PDA

View Full Version : "Do you believe in God?"

Conaire
18th April 2012, 15:07
Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends / colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR]I cut and pasted this from my friends Facebook. I thought some of you folks on here would get a kick out of it. I did. :)

Unified Serenity
18th April 2012, 16:10
This is a good lesson, but in the pursuit of truth, I must let everyone know that there is zero evidence Einstein ever said any of this, it's just there to lend weight to the story. It's still a good story.

I always check snopes (http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp) for validation of stories.

Conaire
18th April 2012, 16:21
Thanks Unified Serenity, you're right. I did an edit and cut the last line out.

(For the curious reader is said Einstein was the student. )

greybeard
18th April 2012, 16:21
The challenge is in defining what the word God means.
Chris

Bryn ap Gwilym
18th April 2012, 16:39
As long as man is able to move the goal posts & is able to play around with words to suit his argument, then man will always have a tool to justify the invisible man in the clouds & to keep an iron fist grip on the gullible masses.

Conaire
18th April 2012, 16:42
Hi Greybeard.

I don't think we can ever define what God is, at least not in our current 3d reality. It's beyond our comprehension. It's too too big and there are not words enough to define. Maybe by the end of the year we'll be more able ;)

Krullenjongen
18th April 2012, 16:55
Great story Conaire, thanks for posting!
The first part is a good example of someone who does not believe because faith can't answer the questions he wants answered because the question is based on a wrong premise.
I see this a lot in real life.

As long as man is able to move the goal posts & is able to play around with words to suit his argument, then man will always have a tool to justify the invisible man in the clouds & to keep an iron fist grip on the gullible masses.

That may be so but isn't that the case with every faith or opinion in general???
Even your disbelief?

Titan Orion
18th April 2012, 16:57
I agree with Greybeard.

To answer the question, I do not "believe in God" in the conventional way.

I acknowledge that higher powers might very well exist, but I do not believe they are omnipresent, all-important, or worthy of worship. Nothing is worthy of worship.

Personally I think the original meaning of the term God was never explained to us, so we tried to fill in the gaps. And because we werent as "clever" then as we [believe] we are now, we didnt have a clue how to explain what was truly happening. An entity that couldnt be seen or smelled or touched came into our beliefs.

Gone002
18th April 2012, 17:09
This just shows that people are ill educated on christainity and the bible in general.

Mu2143
18th April 2012, 17:20
Some one who does not have the wisdom can't give you the answer to them
Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?
If a soul made the choice to leave this world then GOD won't heal him thats how GOOD GOD is ..

Professor: So who created evil ?
GOD did not create evil, but GOD created everything with the choice to experience GOOD or EVIL

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Satan did not came from GOD ,but he created Lucifer and made the choice to become Satan

Mad Hatter
18th April 2012, 17:26
Mad Hatter dons his semantic cap...

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality

If one starts with the premise of one universe then there can be no such thing as duality only portions of a whole or partiality if you will... it would also seem that the student must have used faith in duality to make a really really big bang...:p

cloudno7
18th April 2012, 17:30
I have no need of that hypothesis

Thank god i am saved

What if you are dead or badly injured ... will still thank god? i don't think so.

seantimberwolf
18th April 2012, 17:36
I can touch, taste and smell my god, i can talk to it, it takes any form.
It cares for me as i care for it.
It can kill me in a single lift of its finger.
And i can my god every day with a misplaced step but she forgives me for she knows i do not intend to hurt her.
As i forgive her as i know she does not intend to hurt me.
She can provide me with companions that i can communicate with despite not being able to talk.

But most importantly she supplies me with a miracle a day, when i see how the world works and connects,
She is mother nature, she is the sky, the thunder, the waves, the great forest of oak.
And i love her with all my heart, because my heart is hers.

Eagle Eye
18th April 2012, 17:43
Sorry to be so severe in judging but I think who doesn't believe in GOD (or similar concepts) is extremely arrogant or foolish.

seantimberwolf
18th April 2012, 17:45
Sorry to be so severe in judging but I think who doesn't believe in GOD (or similar concepts) is extremely arrogant or foolish.

I agree Faith is Faith but i do not believe There is ONE god, there are many spirits that work in conjucture with the mother spirit of earth we are all connected.
Well i think so anyway :)

DeBron
18th April 2012, 17:55
The challenge is in defining what the word God means.
Chris

When I read that, I thought "Go Open Doors" which I feel would be an appropriate acronym.

Eagle Eye
18th April 2012, 17:58
I agree Faith is Faith but i do not believe There is ONE god, there are many spirits that work in conjucture with the mother spirit of earth we are all connected.

Its normal that we have different opinion about concept of God but deny it is other thing.

seantimberwolf
18th April 2012, 18:01

Its normal that we have different opinion about concept of God but deny it is other thing.

I often think how people cannot believe in something more!
how borring life must be if you do not think something is there with you all the time helping and protecting you.
Why would you want to live without faith?

evancruz1
18th April 2012, 18:18
The genetic codes of all living things would suggest intelligent creation. God is just a descriptive word for something we cannot possibly comprehend in our mortal lives. Is God a he or she... We have no idea the actual make up of what we percieve as God. Is God just pure energy and love? Some would suggest we are god, all of us make up God. Or that we are gods feelers so to speak, living these lives possibly by choice. To experience life on all levels...

We see our friends and family die... This is part of life... I've lost my stepmother to lung cancer, my only to surving uncles are still fighting for their lives with bladder cancer and lukemia. We can't yet know the master plan of all that is... We can only speculate...
Of course we all love to speculate...

Life can be sad, happy, horrifying, and filled with beauty... For me to not believe in our most high is like saying we are all an accident waiting to go the way of the dinosours by our own hand. We are nothing but primitive beings with powerful toys... In the galactic scheme of things we are crazy teenagers with little grasp of what we are capable of. And still just like when we turned 10, we think we know it all.

I believe that good is all around us but the planet is severely out of balance. So many Avalonians as well as people waking up wish to see this balance restored and are working incredibly hard toward this goal. I thank you all for this! This is why I choose to spend what little internet time I have not for Facebook but for PA. Just my 2 cents... So much I've learned from so many of you!

Jonathan

noprophet
18th April 2012, 18:45
I have a long standing belief that the term god is in fact just a variable term from when we lacked words such as all, infinity, every-thing, etc.

We required a word that could symbolize everything--the complete system. Hence the now established, judaic dogma, "you cannot speak or write the name of god." These were not orders instilled to prevent some omnipotent being's feelings from being hurt, rather they were explicit instructions as to the nature of the variable.

As soon as these terms become "humanized"and interpreted outside their systematic structure they begin to form the basis of judgement rather than progressive enlightenment.

evancruz1
18th April 2012, 19:14
I often think how people cannot believe in something more!
how borring life must be if you do not think something is there with you all the time helping and protecting you.
Why would you want to live without faith?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%

markpierre
18th April 2012, 19:20
Who started the rumor that perception and an unpredictable confused and uncertain duration in the limitations of human experience is what 'life' is?

kreagle
18th April 2012, 23:54
Many, like "Thomas", require to the point of "almost demanding",......a "hands on experience", before they will believe in God.

Unless you, like "Thomas", are fortunate enough to actually "happen to be there at the time",.....your "requirements and demands" are going to wind up being unfulfilled and you'll wind up leaving "empty handed".

John 20:24-31
King James Version (KJV)

24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

One of the most colossal mistakes a person can make, and "is" being made today, is to wait around for God to "prove" Himself to you!

This is "why" God, as our Master Creator, has equipped each and every one of us with the "measure of faith".

Romans 12:3
King James Version (KJV)

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Every "great man and woman" of God, within the Scriptures, have been required to live by "faith". I challenge each of you to take the time to read the entire chapter of Hebrews, chapter 11. If these great men and women of God were required to live by faith, ....who am I, .....or you,....to not have the "same requirement"?

"Sandwiched" in between this wonderful chapter of Hebrews is the following scripture:

Hebrews 11:6
King James Version (KJV)

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Many people use their "faith" in a variety of ways. Some put it in the Stock Market, political leaders, governments, society, intellectualism, friends, families, and even their "favorite sports franchises".

How many of you can honestly say that of the "aforementioned list above" that "every single one of these" have failed you at one time or the other?

The simple answer is that "we all can"!!!

This is just a simple matter of "faith" being badly misplaced!!!

Place your "faith" in the area where it "really belongs",......place it in God!

(Note: I have included a previous Avalon post dealing with the "original Gospel Message" that I made back in November. Perhaps there are some of you who missed this and it can be of use to you!!!)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?35256-another-church-ceases-to-be-the-CHURCH

Love,...Peace,...and have "faith" in the Gospel Message!,.......kreagle

Ellisa
19th April 2012, 00:17
I don't believe god exists. I cannot prove he/she/it does not exist any more than someone who believes can prove their belief.

God exists because of the belief of the believer. If I were to believe in the existence of god, then ***!!! @@@ pow! --- there he/she/it is. I don't believe so, for me, god does not exist.

I see no reason why others should think as I do. I do not seek to ridicule believers or penalise them because of their beliefs. There are numerous places in the world where I could not state that I do not believe there is a god, or the supernatural or a state which is divine. If I lived in a place where belief in a god of some sort were to be mandatory I would probably pretend I believe in god. How would anyone know I don't? Belief, or in my case the lack of it, is internal and private.

I personally know that god does not exist. Nothing can prove otherwise!

evancruz1
19th April 2012, 03:05
Yesterday I went up to Mt. Baldy, I live close by so that is my get away spot. At no other time is it so obvious to me that this world with all of it's perfect harmonic rhythm is no accident. No cars, planes, trains, or sirens... Just squirrels, birds, and insects, with absolutely no man made sounds.
This is when I feel the presence of our creator... All around me... I become one with the forest around me, even the animals seem to no longer be affected by my presence.

I know I'm not alone here...

kreagle
19th April 2012, 05:30
I don't believe god exists. I cannot prove he/she/it does not exist any more than someone who believes can prove their belief.

God exists because of the belief of the believer. If I were to believe in the existence of god, then ***!!! @@@ pow! --- there he/she/it is. I don't believe so, for me, god does not exist.

I see no reason why others should think as I do. I do not seek to ridicule believers or penalise them because of their beliefs. There are numerous places in the world where I could not state that I do not believe there is a god, or the supernatural or a state which is divine. If I lived in a place where belief in a god of some sort were to be mandatory I would probably pretend I believe in god. How would anyone know I don't? Belief, or in my case the lack of it, is internal and private.

I personally know that god does not exist. Nothing can prove otherwise!

Ellisa,

I would like to say that you are one of the fortunate ones who are exempt from having to face any potential "foxhole moments",......but in reality,...you are not!

No one, in life, is exempt from the "foxhole moments of life" that we all have to face, somewhere along the line, in our own individual lives.

Herein is where the problem lies, in that,....."there are no atheists in foxholes!"

When a person's "personal foxhole moment" becomes serious enough, you'll find yourself reaching down and grabbing hold of a part of your soul that you never knew existed to begin with.

A very dear friend of mine, who pastors a Church now, related a very telling and totally true account that happen before him while in Vietnam, as a young soldier. There happened to be "three fellow soldiers" who were atheists and bombarded him daily because of his beliefs. Each day, my young friend would pray earnestly to God for his life and the lives of his "fellow soldiers",.....only to face fierce opposition and ridicule from these "three atheist soldiers" later in the day. Day after day, the same routine would replay itself with......prayer in the morning,.....and ridicule afterward,....with seemingly no end in sight from this torturous routine.

Until one fateful day there in Vietnam, when his platoon was ambushed. At the onset of the onslaught, everyone had hurriedly flung themselves in the "foxholes" they had prepared earlier in the day. It was there, deeply nestled in his foxhole, that my friend heard many "terrifying sounds" coming from all around him. Many of these "sounds" were the "last sounds" that many of his fellow soldiers would make, in that they lost two thirds of their platoon on that fateful day. The sound that stood out to my friend above all of the "other sounds" that he heard that day came from "another foxhole" close to his proximity and came from none other than his "atheist friends"! Only "this time" their verbal display would be completely "about-face" from their previous position,....for they were "all" now calling on the "name of Jesus" for salvation of their very lives!!!

As I stated earlier,....there are "no atheists in foxholes"!!!

Please don't wait until you are faced with a "serious foxhole moment" before you finally recognize that He truly exists!

He's more real than you, or I, ever thought about being!,.....and He has an abundant life in store for you,....."if" you ever decide to reach out to Him!!!

John 10:10
King James Version (KJV)

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Love,...Peace,....and have "faith" in the Gospel Message,.......kreagle

Rantaak
20th April 2012, 03:00
[Lengthy dialogue wherein multiple morons cavort around attempting to stimulate the readers' reptilian complexes]

This is an ancient argument for the case of blind faith, not for the case of a consciousness whose mind is the universe.

That's the only god there is and any dignified man or woman bows to no-one.

danwa
20th April 2012, 03:31
I do not offer you a theory, for by definition that is just another belief. Go ahead and get past that now, theory and belief are the same thing. One can not be better than the other, all things equal, the differences among them clearly a matter of choice. So instead of yet another theory, I will simply offer an observation. It need not be more complicated than that.

Up until this very moment in time, both science and religion have made their best efforts to explain our creation. We have discovered some truly amazing things, yet the evidence we seek of our creation continues to elude us despite of our efforts and in spite of our technological and theological advances.

One theory or another has been promoted throughout our known history. Many have been accepted based loosely on the fact that they support a previous theory and many co-exist in direct contradiction with eachother. Some are complete and utter BS and the rest barely scratch the surface of truth. All of them in part or in their entirety, are based on theory.

I ask you to consider this simple observable paradox. The farther we look the bigger things get and the closer we look the bigger things get. How can this be? Impossible you say? Impossible indeed, but nonetheless, there it is staring us right in the face and as real as the sun in the sky.

We can currently "see" about 15 billion light years into space. In five or ten years we might likely be able to see 16 to 20 billion light years out. In one hundred years, perhaps 30 billion light years. In one thousand years even further. Conversely, we peer into the subatomic world and we "see" an atom. We have sufficient evidence of much smaller objects and can observe the effect of a proton, a neutron and an electron although we can not "see" them. We theorize that there are things even smaller, such as quarks and so it appears the closer we look the more there is to see.

We will continue to look and we will no doubt continue to find there is more. We will develop more theories and beliefs and adjust our current theories and beliefs to accomodate what we find there, blissfully ignoring simple observation for an ever more complex theory.

Whether it be an old man with a grey beard looking down upon us from the heavens or simply the source of energy necessary to set the whole thing in motion, it does not matter for they are one and the same. We look right at the impossibilty of the parodox in front of us and fail to "see" that the impossible is what defines God.

There you have it, just a simple observation nothing more. No right or wrong, no theory or belief required, just look out and look in and there it is. The observable impossibility of the infinite and the observable possibilty of God.

Chester
20th April 2012, 04:15
here's one -

god is undefinable...

... and not even that

markpierre
20th April 2012, 09:56
We will continue to look and we will no doubt continue to find there is more. We will develop more theories and beliefs and adjust our current theories and beliefs to accomodate what we find there, blissfully ignoring simple observation for an ever more complex theory.

I really like that line. It would never occur to anyone that because it doesn't stop, there's no point in it. Nice post danwa. I really enjoyed you.

The problem really is just that 'conceptual' thinking doesn't see anything. But it has to endlessly report on whatever it is that it's looking at, but not really seeing. It's always observing everything just after its already gone.
Even 10'000 years after for god sake. Ooops*****missed it! Here it comes again! Make a video.

I think the same boredom must set in, in listening to stupid stories about the suspicious neighbor, or about what God is, that would set in, in never finding the end of the universe.
I think it works somewhat that way in every decision to ascend further.
There's GOT to be more than this.

I think you just use it all up and get tired of it. Or you crack, and can't hold it together anymore. I think those are the best methods, since that's how every Spiritual path works anyway.
If you don't find disillusionment in everything including the path (especially if you've found a way to be a successful identity in it), you don't find out what it's covering.

Seems slow and lackadaisical, and it has been.
Time for something radical like 'shut up for a minute'. Reality is trying to get a word in.

"The impossible is what defines God." If I can remember what Jesus said in ACIM something about how 'a miracle' (any kind of miracle) is a moment in time where a crack in the mindset appears,
and Reality is able to be seen.

Cheers. Really nice post. Good answer. Hey, whatever God is, he's really big, eh?

ulli
20th April 2012, 10:50
The fact that I have had thousands of prayers answered and managed to get rescued by some invisible force, interacting against all the odds, out of hundreds of messes shows me that there are forces at work which put things right and bring about momentary perfection.
And the more I think about this the more it happens.
Meanwhile those who think about the non existence of God get life experiences which then confirm their non belief.
That alone should make anyone wonder how the quantum field works.

panopticon
20th April 2012, 15:54
G'day All,

Here's a really funny 2 hour chat from a reformed Catholic, Julia Sweeney.
I wasn't familiar with any of the Catholic rituals and such mentioned in it but still found it hilarious!

ri3-DpSn7AA
Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

danwa
21st April 2012, 06:29

I really like that line. It would never occur to anyone that because it doesn't stop, there's no point in it. Nice post danwa. I really enjoyed you.

The problem really is just that 'conceptual' thinking doesn't see anything. But it has to endlessly report on whatever it is that it's looking at, but not really seeing. It's always observing everything just after its already gone.
Even 10'000 years after for god sake. Ooops*****missed it! Here it comes again! Make a video.

I think the same boredom must set in, in listening to stupid stories about the suspicious neighbor, or about what God is, that would set in, in never finding the end of the universe.
I think it works somewhat that way in every decision to ascend further.
There's GOT to be more than this.

I think you just use it all up and get tired of it. Or you crack, and can't hold it together anymore. I think those are the best methods, since that's how every Spiritual path works anyway.
If you don't find disillusionment in everything including the path (especially if you've found a way to be a successful identity in it), you don't find out what it's covering.

Seems slow and lackadaisical, and it has been.
Time for something radical like 'shut up for a minute'. Reality is trying to get a word in.

"The impossible is what defines God." If I can remember what Jesus said in ACIM something about how 'a miracle' (any kind of miracle) is a moment in time where a crack in the mindset appears,
and Reality is able to be seen.

Cheers. Really nice post. Good answer. Hey, whatever God is, he's really big, eh?

Mark - He/she must indeed be really big, but compared to what? God is everything and nothing, God is infinite. I don't think we find God, he finds us. Sometimes we forget along our way that there are people in our life's that mean so much to us and yet the hustle and bustle of life forces us to fail to communicate our love, to express how we really feel. We think we will make time later, but later comes and goes. Take the time to tell those you love how dear they are to you and how much that means to you. Every moment is precious, we have to share our hearts with those we love and perhaps more importantly, we have to make time to share our love with those we have not yet loved. We have to reach out and we have to reach in. There are millions of people that just a single word spoken in love or simply a warm smile will change their whole essence of being.

I am not a religious man. I am very scientifically oriented and educated. In my search for God (yes, I looked far and wide), I found everything but what it was I was looking for. Everybody had a God to sell, but the price was always more about money or personal gain or belonging to this group or that. I don't think God wants us to be divided. God does not have to be a being and likely is not. I think God is energy and that he shared some of that energy with us. We are here to learn, to experience, to make choices, to love and to share. I don't think God judges our actions in this life and seldom interferes. He has provided us with an opportunity to share our lives with others and I like to think he takes pride in our ability to share our love and happiness, however large or small. It matters not if we succeed, it matters that we tried.

We are his light. If we shine in love and kindness, if we share our experiences and reach out to others that may benefit from our presence, God smiles.

It is widely accepted that energy (matter) can not be created or destroyed. When the time comes, our energy will transform into another form of energy. I like to think that the intensity of that light is influenced by our deeds in this life. Perhaps our energy returns to the cosmos, perhaps another dimension. It really is not important, our energy will carry on. What is important is that our light shine in love so that it might radiate across the universe for eternity carrying our message, our essence, our love.

God is what you make of him. Live your life to the fullest and share your love and happiness and God will find your beacon for it will shine as bright as the stars.

Titan Orion
23rd April 2012, 22:31
deleted

foreverfan
23rd April 2012, 22:54
This song resonates with me.

"Wind-Up" Jethro Tull 1971

When I was young and they packed me off to school
and taught me how not to play the game,
I didn't mind if they groomed me for success,
or if they said that I was a fool.

So I left there in the morning
with their God tucked underneath my arm --
their half-assed smiles and the book of rules.
So I asked this God a question
and by way of firm reply,
He said -- I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.

So to my old headmaster (and to anyone who cares):
before I'm through I'd like to say my prayers --

I don't believe you:
you had the whole damn thing all wrong --
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.

Well you can excomunicate me on my way to Sunday school
and have all the bishops harmonize these lines --

How do you dare tell me that I'm my Father's son
when that was just an accident of Birth.
I'd rather look around me -- compose a better song
`cos that's the honest measure of my worth.

In your pomp and all your glory you're a poorer man than me,
as you lick the boots of death born out of fear.

I don't believe you:
you had the whole damn thing all wrong --
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjXrG1FKRho

Lefty Dave
24th April 2012, 00:39
Greetings friends and neighbors... in responce to do you believe in God?
author believes in 'FIRST SOURCE'...singular or plural one knows not...magnificent and complete I suppose...but then...why would it create multiple universes ...galaxies ...life...why would it create ME?
authors' Deist knowing stems from witnessing the Awesome creations that abound ...the most perfect architecture of the universe , the solar system, the planet... the children born to me (wife did most of the work!)...these are the proof of the ARCHITECT. author has no use or interest in any other form of GOD,( regardless if re-created by genetic manipulations of other beings...that swear they are god)regardless of the control mechanism many call religion...that have had a major bearing on life as we know it for 3000 years. that said.., As individuated consciousness, we may each believe what we wish. We may each apply our own reasoning to come to our own answer...or just take for granted that what our parents told us about God is the truth, ...but author leaves mind open enough to accept new data upon termination of earthly obligation...L O L !

Blessings