PDA

View Full Version : H.H. Dalailama' 75th Birthday Anniversary

Agape
28th July 2010, 19:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6WZ0-X5lE&feature=player_embedded#!

We're bit late to attend but never too late. Hope you enjoy the humor of their discussion,

:wub:

kriya
28th July 2010, 21:08
Thanks Eva.

I don't know whether you have seen 10 questions for the Dalai Lama, I posted it in the spiritual diary thread.

Maybe you'd like to take a look.

Love,

Kriya

Agape
28th July 2010, 21:12
I think, I did, but will check, thank you Kriya.

Love to you :grouphug:

kriya
29th July 2010, 08:46
Fantastic interview, thanks for sharing!

Love,

Kriya

Astra
29th July 2010, 10:32
What a great interview! Thanks so much for sharing.
Yes, HH Dalai Lama, with a twinkle in his eye ... :)

Much Love ... :wub: and more Love
Astra

Arpheus
29th July 2010, 17:50
Wow the dalai llama eats meat OMG i wasnt aware of that,what a shock heh,that doesnt change the fact that he is a high spiritual individual,i remember reading on one of samael aun weor books years ago that eating meat was necessary for the fire element in the human body,but i am sure that wasnt the same meat you get from today's supermarket heh.I dont eat red meat anymore by choice beaucse i believe the meat we find at local markets is tainted with too much crap in it,today's i only eat fish or shrimp maybe once a month at the most.This video was wonderful thank you !:peace:

Agape
30th July 2010, 00:32
I can assure you that H.H. eats mostly veggies . In old Indian spiritual traditions, meat is prohibited for priests and all who seriously and whole heartedly follow spiritual path, to avoid intentionally killing living creatures is first and last rule.
Buddhist monks , in Buddha times , that's where from Vinaya rules came to being, were dependant on what they received to their begging bowls and they were not adviced to prefer one food against another. Just what they 've got from villagers they had to eat,
they were not supposed to cook for themselves even.
Hindu sannyasi sangha has different rules. 99,9% of them are vegetarian whatever it costs but the rules relaxed in many other ways.
In old times, for example, it was not customary for monk, to touch or accept money. Nowadays, most monks have to accept money , have to get some sort of IDs and many other exemptions from the old rules.

In Tibet, climatic conditions, long ago before buddhism arrived and since after were quite tough, vegetation season lasted 3 to 4 months in a year and allowed some basic crops of barley and few vegetables like raddish and potatoes in most high altitude areas.
Fruits were rare, even apples, I've heard personally from one of my lamas. Oranges and bananas were only imported and very rare in old times.

Tibetans often refer to themselves as 'tsampa eaters' to this day because that's what most people eat, including monks of course , tsampa is roasted barley flour, predecessor of Milupa instant poridge I jokingly say ( it's much coarser in taste of course ) but anyone can eat it,
mixed to butter tea, sweet or salt or as you prefer .

Life had to be quite hard in Tibet, hard to imagine, 6 months of winter , their ancestors were hunters, nomads , later turned to very peaceful and spiritual people , after they officially adopted Buddhism.

They've evolved spiritually forwards and left technical progress behind , had no army when China attacked them in 1959 , not enough riffles to defend a city even. That itself sais something about the way of their thinking ..

:grouphug:

Arpheus
30th July 2010, 02:08
I wasnt critizing at all agape,after he mentioned meat being of his weakness along with watches he also mentioned later he didnt eat meat anymore,but thank you for your insightful information it is always welcome !!:couch2:

Agape
30th July 2010, 16:16
Thank you Arpheus, know you were not, just felt like to add few words ..

:hug:

Celine
30th July 2010, 16:20
"to avoid intentionally killing living creatures is first and last rule. "

A flower, cut 7 days ago in equador...comes to my shop...and i can hear her breath of life as i awaken her...

is a carrot any less of a life form then a chicken?

is a legume any less alive then an ant?

respect to ALL living beings...imo

Agape
30th July 2010, 16:57
"to avoid intentionally killing living creatures is first and last rule. "

A flower, cut 7 days ago in equador...comes to my shop...and i can hear her breath of life as i awaken her...

is a carrot any less of a life form then a chicken?

is a legume any less alive then an ant?

respect to ALL living beings...imo

Oh dear Ceiline, you make me smile, honestly

I could tell you stories on that topic ( and believe many others would do as well ) . It'd be nice thing to speak about...the way how we treat life and living creatures..

Some people don't believe that animals even 'have souls' . I'm not sure how well anyone can relate to what I'm saying about our original state of existence and where we came from ( the other thread ) ,
but there, life was much easier . We would never kill anything, anyone.

We did not consider plants and flowers 'intelligent form of life'. When I said that in the context of speaking on Life in Universe, I could hear some people quietly laughing : ''she thinks we are in kindergarden'' :becky:

I did say that not because we'd ever plunder nature but because there's palpable distinction between intelligence of flower and of an animal and of highly advanced beings.

The evolution line commonly understood here, does not exist. These 3 ( and more ) are different forms of Life .

We had ( have ) beautiful, more complicated plants and flowers back home ..sorry, it's another topic, I know.

Myself I stopped eating any meat or similar since my first journey to India, I was 19 that time. It was very easy and natural to do,
Indian ashrams have very strict take on the whole matter, and people there are still healthy and live long lives , I believe that human body is able to synthetize its own proteins .
I know some would disagree .

I was happy without eating meat for 14 years . Except the situation that occurred after Bodhgaya, I was always healthy and happy to be.

When I came back last time and was sick and tired, one night I dreamt of my lama and I eating grilled chicken lol

It took me two weeks or more before I coerced myself to buying a piece of grilled chicken , quite an adventure, test of dispassion for me I guess.

It was almost a sacred ceremony for me, after all those years, still it is, I make an exception ones in a time.

Can relate well to what you're saying ..

Love flowers , they look so alive, so beautiful..

One day I was cutting a tomato and said sorry to it . It too felt being so alive.

:grouphug: