PDA

View Full Version : Dick Clark is Dead --- Any Thoughts about His Positive or Negative Involvement?

Alie
19th April 2012, 14:50
So much is coming out about manufactured music groups/artists that I'm posing this question.

Also, I've watched American Idol every year except this year because now I can't stomach the idea of the underbelly. I mention that to say that in the same breath as Dick Clark's death is the mention of Ryan Seacrest as his replacement.

schneider
19th April 2012, 14:59
Dick Clark will always bring up happy memories for me. After swim team practice as a child we use to hang out and watch American Bandstand. I could never watch it at home ( too controversial for my mom) so we would go to my friend's house and try the new dance moves and see the latest fashions.

Earth Angel
19th April 2012, 15:14
I liked him until I saw a movie, not sure if it was something by Michael Moore ?? where he said that Dick Clark used very under paid workers in his mansion who were bussed in from somewhere, or their welfare was cut off?? anyway the woman who worked for him had lost a child through a shooting accident while she was busy cleaning Dick Clarks house for a pittance......his attitude when asked about it left me feeling like I was looking at Satan......sorry I don't remember what exactly I watched , anyway Im sure if we read Cathy OBrien's books many of our idols would look like Satan

Earth Angel
20th April 2012, 02:17
looks like Dennis Leary isn't too shook up

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Everyone from Ryan Seacrest to the often acerbic Joan Rivers paid tribute to Dick Clark on Wednesday, but "Rescue Me" star Denis Leary decided to go another way.

"With Dick Clark dead, Casey Kasem now reveling in his status as last and reigning king of leather faced syrup voiced lizard people," the comedian Leary tweeted.

bluestflame
20th April 2012, 03:15
as more potential artists wake up to the level of manipulation and control behind the music industry (and the disproportionate amount of money that gets made of thier gifts), less of the talented artists are chasing record contracts that make the rich richer

this is part of the reason behind shows such as the x factor, who's got talent etc, they are looking for more talented souls with gifts to hijack under contract and put to thier own purpose

Earth Angel
22nd April 2012, 00:48
gotta love it

modwiz
22nd April 2012, 01:30
as more potential artists wake up to the level of manipulation and control behind the music industry (and the disproportionate amount of money that gets made of thier gifts), less of the talented artists are chasing record contracts that make the rich richer

this is part of the reason behind shows such as the x factor, who's got talent etc, they are looking for more talented souls with gifts to hijack under contract and put to thier own purpose

Bingo! Great post.

:note:Ding dong, the Dick is dead, the wicked Dick, the Dick is dead.:note:

Confession: I enjoyed his show. I am a musician and dreamt of being and rock n' roll star when I was younger. I did not know at that time you signed a contract with the devil. I got to keep my soul. LOL