PDA

View Full Version : Mind Blowing Events, And Do They Matter?

Fred Steeves
23rd April 2012, 02:34
I often wonder if there are certain events we "somehow" invite into our lives at any given point, that offer a certain oomph to an individual who eventually as we say "wakes up" (or begins to) at some point during their lives, such as I finally did in late 2008.

Simple as they may sound to many, here are 3 that without any one of them the capability to finally make the all out jail break from the matrix would never have been possible. All three of these events occured in exact opposition to previously held possibilities of what could possibly happen in this life time.

1) Journeying to unimagined places upon discovering LSD as a late teen ager.

2) Having to be bumped out the door of the plane from 12,500' on my first tandem skydive, because I had frozen in utter shock and fear upon hanging my legs out the door and looking down.

3) Joining the military. Not because I was not for war or anything, no, I was most pro US ruling the 7 seas. I just signed up because of the bad economy in the early 90's, in hopes of a pension after 20 years.(What a dumbass) The mind blower was really about visiting countries half way around the world (and therefore their people) like Israel, France, Greece, Germany, etc. Hanging out in their bars, eating at their restaurants, trying to learn their language, walking their streets, and stunningly coming to the realization that people were basically the same wherever one goes.

I suspect that I'm not alone in recognizing that certain striking events in our lives can come into play once again even decades later. Had those little splinters in the mind not been directly embedded already, even though somewhat consciously forgotten, future catalysts would be unnoticed, and therefore futile. Or so it seems to me...

Anyone else relate to this?

Cheers,
Fred

spiritguide
23rd April 2012, 03:45
Fred, It is those experiences that we imprint with that allows us to know when someone tries to run a line of BS on us thinking we don't know. IMHO

:peace:

foreverfan
23rd April 2012, 03:59
I was busy smoking pot in the 70s. I gave up all drugs upon the birth of my daughter.

24th April 2012, 22:04
There have been a few events that have taken place that moved me into not believing the lie.

One of them was when I realized between the ages of 10 and 14 that I was being brainwashed by a White Supremacy group -mostly white collar people that I grew up around and by my own immediate family. I began to silently question their "beliefs" and my own. So in my young mind, I thought if we all have a Soul and Spirit how can we possibly view or treat people as non-entities or less than human. This brought me to the understanding that I was being lied to about the human race, deprogramming myself and was the beginning of my journey in not believing the lie and learning to create my own way.

The other significant wake up call was in my late 20's when I witnessed 2 children killed in a tragic car accident in front of me. Pretty horrific. The event didn't sit well with me and try as I did, I couldn't get over it. While visiting with a friend of mine just after the accident, in a bookstore I saw a sign for a Tibetan meditation group and joined. Then I joined up with a Zen meditation group. I thought at lease it wouldn't hurt to try it out and see what happens. I soon realized that it was all about going within after practicing both for a while. This soon led to me discovering that I am not who I thought I was at all and opened my world more and beyond the 3d world. The whole event taught me a lot about impermanence and to have more reverence for life.

Honestly I can say they were catalysts and certainly had a conscious and unconscious directional impact on my life -and I remember the events crystal clear.

I suspect that I'm not alone in recognizing that certain striking events in our lives can come into play once again even decades later. Had those little splinters in the mind not been directly embedded already, even though somewhat consciously forgotten, future catalysts would be unnoticed, and therefore futile. Or so it seems to me...

and no you are not alone.... but doing our best to be mindful may transcend/transform the energy.

Thank you for the OP Fred

Love

Nora

Russ1959
24th April 2012, 22:56
I often wonder if there are certain events we "somehow" invite into our lives at any given point, that offer a certain oomph to an individual who eventually as we say "wakes up" (or begins to) at some point during their lives, such as I finally did in late 2008.

Simple as they may sound to many, here are 3 that without any one of them the capability to finally make the all out jail break from the matrix would never have been possible. All three of these events occured in exact opposition to previously held possibilities of what could possibly happen in this life time.

1) Journeying to unimagined places upon discovering LSD as a late teen ager.

2) Having to be bumped out the door of the plane from 12,500' on my first tandem skydive, because I had frozen in utter shock and fear upon hanging my legs out the door and looking down.

3) Joining the military. Not because I was not for war or anything, no, I was most pro US ruling the 7 seas. I just signed up because of the bad economy in the early 90's, in hopes of a pension after 20 years.(What a dumbass) The mind blower was really about visiting countries half way around the world (and therefore their people) like Israel, France, Greece, Germany, etc. Hanging out in their bars, eating at their restaurants, trying to learn their language, walking their streets, and stunningly coming to the realization that people were basically the same wherever one goes.

Anyone else relate to this?

Cheers,
Fred

That totally resonates with me Fred, in the mid eighties, my first wife and I went through a bitter seperation and the situation was awful.

This resulted in me heavily increasing my alcohol and narcotic intake.
As if that was not enough, I dabbled in the occult, became obsessed with
theology and became a reborn enlightened christian, studied freemasonry, tripped whilst on acid and experimented with automatic writing whilst high,thought I could time travel, thought i was psychic, hallucinated daily and to cap it all felt possessed by something very dark and felt terrified.

I also experienced extreme elation one moment and severe depression the next.
After eventually being sectioned under section 31 of the mental health act it took me three years to get off the meds and fight my way back to stable health and the normal reality every one else was in.

Except, normal reality was not the same anymore.......................the experience awoke me!

The problem at that time was there was no support for an awakened person as I knew no one else or where to go to help me understand this rude awakening.

These days, I feel extremely lucky to have a loving supportive family and many friends who are wide awake.
Lucky also to be a small part of the Avalon forum where we mostly share our awakened reality with like minded souls.

Thank you for this post Fred as I can very much relate to " mind blowing events" and yes for me they mattered very much!

warm regards

Russ

Fred Steeves
25th April 2012, 11:48
The other significant wake up call was in my late 20's when I witnessed 2 children killed in a tragic car accident in front of me. Pretty horrific. The event didn't sit well with me and try as I did, I couldn't get over it. While visiting with a friend of mine just after the accident, in a bookstore I saw a sign for a Tibetan meditation group and joined. Then I joined up with a Zen meditation group. I thought at lease it wouldn't hurt to try it out and see what happens. I soon realized that it was all about going within after practicing both for a while. This soon led to me discovering that I am not who I thought I was at all and opened my world more and beyond the 3d world.

Wow Nora, that would certainly shatter my fragile eggshell mind. What a thing to witness. Hell, I was upset yesterday just because a bird flew out of the woods and splatted off my truck windshield going 70 m.p.h. He never saw it coming. Happily flying one second, flopped on the side of the road a pile of mangled flesh the next. I sincerely hope I never have to see anything like you did.

But, it did put you in a different "place" so to speak didn't it? Doors were opened. You had the choice of either staying where you were, maybe never get over what you had witnessed, and being screwed up for the rest of your life. Or, walk through the other door, see what meditation was all about, and begin in earnest the journey of discovering who you really are. I'm glad you chose door #2 Nora.:kiss:

By the way, I couldn't help wondering. Ever wonder if you'll see those two "kids" again when this 3d incarnation is complete? Something tells me they are well aware of the impact their deaths had on your life.

That totally resonates with me Fred, in the mid eighties, my first wife and I went through a bitter seperation and the situation was awful.

This resulted in me heavily increasing my alcohol and narcotic intake.
As if that was not enough, I dabbled in the occult, became obsessed with
theology and became a reborn enlightened christian, studied freemasonry, tripped whilst on acid and experimented with automatic writing whilst high,thought I could time travel, thought i was psychic, hallucinated daily and to cap it all felt possessed by something very dark and felt terrified.

I also experienced extreme elation one moment and severe depression the next.
After eventually being sectioned under section 31 of the mental health act it took me three years to get off the meds and fight my way back to stable health and the normal reality every one else was in.

Except, normal reality was not the same anymore.......................the experience awoke me!

Hi Russ, that's quite the through the looking glass journey you went through to make your jail break from the matrix. Sounds like we're a lot alike in one respect atleast, just can't seem to do things the easy way. You know what though? Me thinks the universe likes a scrapper that never gives up!

So let me get this straight. The one who went so far off the deep end they wound up a broken soul and in a mental institution, turned out to be the sanest of the lot of em? Funny how things work.

Cheers,
Fred

Eram
25th April 2012, 12:21
Hi everyone,

I had the luxury of growing up with parents who had a belief system that opposed a lot of beliefs that "normal" people belief in. They were sort of hippy, alternative, gnostic, organic eating parents so I had a head start on many people.

Still there were circumstances that led me to fall asleep to some degree. I could even witness it as it happened through my teen years.

I did leave the Lectorium Rosicrucianum though when I was 11 because I sensed they were looking down at people because they were not so highly evolved as the Rosecrusians.

I adjusted to the life of my classmates and started caring about what close to ware and what behaviour was appropriate to become popular.

At the age of 23, my life totally collapsed when I found out that I wasn't able to stand on my own feet when I moved to the city of Amsterdam, away from friends and family. I entered a phase of life that I'm still working on to get through. In the first 8 years, I imprisoned myself mostly. Staying away from people, friends and family.

6 years ago I met my girlfriend, moved in together, started our own family with 2 kids and started a bed and breakfast in Belgium. So I'm doing OK now.

In this phase of life I reconnected to a degree with a inner being and this process was accelerated dramatically some 6 months ago when my girlfriend opened contact with E.T.'s, who ignited something in us. They say that they cleaned our DNA.
We feel it as a big "becoming aware".
Since this event, we changed a lot of things in our lives:
* We got rid of the TV
* We stopped eating meat
* I gave up drinking (she never did)
* We started using chlorella and other "super" food supplements
* We started doing the "pai Da" which is a sort of "CHI" exercise
* We started Oil pulling
* We're starting on a new diet that Dawn speaks about in the Alternative Medicine & Sciences section of this forum
* We're changing our behaviour in communication with each other and the children to a more harmonious kind of communication.

I think without the period of being a kind of hermit, I would still be putting lots of energy in getting along with the popular people and image building. So I think this period in my life was the biggest motivator for change and waking up.

Alex Laker
25th April 2012, 14:08
Ya know, Fred, I think what you're describing is life :) A series of mind-blowing events, and every single one of them matters. I think that's all that we're here for. The universe throws something in front of us, and says "okay smart-ass, you think you've got it all worked out? Deal with this." We are here to be constantly challenged, and to constantly adjust our actions and paradigms in order to keep trying to make sense of the world. Perhaps, in truth, the sense of the world, is that we are never to make sense of it. As soon as we feel like we're close to knowing the rules of the game, the game changes, and you have to start over again (Tower of Babel and all that business). Maybe it all comes down to whether the universe (at least on this plane of existence) is infinite.

If I ask you to guess a number between 1 and infinity, well you can never guess it. Even if you do, I can change it, because there are an infinity of other numbers it could have been, and we will never reach a point where you can catch me out for cheating. If I ask you to guess a number between 1 and 1000, well I can keep changing it, but sooner or later you're gonna catch me out...

Personally, I think its infinite, and the universe will never fail to continue surprising us so long as we remain at the level of intelligence we are at :) Anything can, and will happen in an infinite time frame.

With regards to recalling events as relevant at a later point in life... Well I guess it just proves they were worthwhile lessons. Although, I haven't experienced this too much, as I am still young... at least in this life.

Fred Steeves
26th April 2012, 01:07
With regards to recalling events as relevant at a later point in life... Well I guess it just proves they were worthwhile lessons. Although, I haven't experienced this too much, as I am still young... at least in this life.

Glad to know you're out there Araxes. Young in life, old in soul...Nice combination for these times...You've got the backs of us now old folks right?

Sometimes the universe "slips":clap2: and tips her hand a wee bit. I'm quite certain there are more than just a few of you out there who have been in the place of knowing that under no uncertain circumstances, you are now observing the last fleeting moments of your life. This unique perception is most amusing no? Especially when you find yourself still alive when the event is complete?

PurpleLama
26th April 2012, 12:27
Gotta love the signposts we left for ourselves to help us find our way.

Fred Steeves
26th April 2012, 12:36
Gotta love the signposts we left for ourselves to help us find our way.

No examples my purple friend?

PurpleLama
26th April 2012, 12:44
Hmmmm....

Well, let's see.... Just a moment ago, I made the sound, and the smoke started swirling all around me, then it all stopped, literally paused, and a second, white sun appeared to be shining in the southern sky.

Many will think this post to be some flight of fancy, and that suits me just fine. Everybody be thinking good thoughts at another bob, today.

<8>
26th April 2012, 14:04
Hi Fred..

The events you talk about are necessary experiences to start your awakening, but the question should really be, to what?
Because if we all are in a awakening stage, there must be more than meets the eye?

In my view it's very seductive to be drawn into this game we se all around us and probably a necessary experience to a certain extent.
But when you had your fill of the insanity all around us, my experience is that you start to go within yourself.
And by doing so, you move beyond the insanity and instead you see all the beauty..

PurpleLama
26th April 2012, 14:45
Follow first what is in your heart and your spirit will not fail to hit the mark.

I wouldn't worry about much. Get clear of all the noise and find the signal inside, and go where it leads. Undoubtedly, this is what brought both of us here, <8>.

PurpleLama
26th April 2012, 14:55
The signposts are the signals we put here to light our way, courtesy of the higher self. We call it synchronicity, or paranormal, or ET, or just a dream. Everything is the result of a single phenomenon. Every time we have a glimpse through this experience that demonstrates how things are bigger than we thought, unexplainable, we should take a moment and say "thanks". The Mystery is pretty effing ineffable, and that's a big part of what makes life so great.

There is a saying where I live "God always taps you on the shoulder before He hits you upside the head with a 2x4" A 2x4 refers to a 2" by 4" piece of lumber.

mountain_jim
26th April 2012, 15:04
Well Fred (and all), I relayed some experiences in a thread I will not link to here that got moved to Off-Topic, that I know you saw and sortof included for your own awakening in the initial post. Those interested can go look there. :)

For this thread, I will mention 2 instances where I believe my life was saved by 'help' that did not come from my rational self, but from my 'spiritual advisors' or 'higher-self' or whatever portion of oneself can see into possible future events and make sure you don't expire prematurely.

In college, sitting at a red-light, light turns green and I start to go forward when I get a rush of 'feeling' that I need to wait and not move. Just then a car comes over the hill into view, barrels thru the red-light at 60+ mph and would have hit me broadside on driver side if the premonitory thought or feeling had not warned me.

Later, while working in Zion National Park, I was having fun with some other concessionaire employees one night, daring to attempt the time-honored tradition of walking into the east tunnel from the east side to the point where the carved-out ledge tunnel-window airvent openings view over the side canyon and main canyon below. There was no room on the sides of that tunnel for pedestrians, well except for maybe a foot or so against the ribs, and no light.

We saw the lights of a car approaching from the west. We ran in the dark toward the east entrance, my friend leapt off the road to the right just beyond the entrance. I leapt right just after him. While in the air, it 'occured' to me I did not know where I was leaping towards. I reached back, grabbed the bridge rail with my hands, and my feet found a support 3 or 4 feet down the side. I looked below, and saw the canyon wash rocks 100+ feet below my perch. I looked back at my friend, and saw where he had landed on the last earth at near bridge level just before the drop.

Saved from being a dumbass again! :) My life must have meaning and purpose, I thought, for my 'guardians' to keep helping correct for my foolishness in youth. I realized I would have to use all in my power to open up to and learn all I could about this Life and how much was going on 'spiritually' that the science (of which I was aware) seemed to discount or know nothing about.

Fred Steeves
26th April 2012, 15:53
Good ones Jim, I think we may be kindred souls. You reminded me of something I like to pick up on and ponder from time to time. All the time we hear about tragic stories along the lines of the honor student type, who the first time they actually dared to drive really fast, they wrap the car around a light pole, and it's game over. Sorry, no second chances.

Then you have the "dumbasses" like us who just blindly blunder through all that with hardly a scratch. When I was 19, me, my dad, and my little sister were in the mountains of North Carolina swimming at a spot the locals love to hang out at. There was a cliff there around 40 feet high that the young people would hike up the back side, then jump OUT and down into the water. The OUT was very important because straight down was nothing but jagged boulders.

Well young Freddie got to joking around and showing off up there one time, doing some stupid s**t, and next thing you know he found himself slipping off the side of this damn cliff. I still remember vividly my fingernails scratching at the rock in futility, fingers instinctively trying to grab hold of something. Then hearing my little sister screaming like bloody murder from above "Frrreeeeeeeeddd!!!". Then the final thought before impact: "So this is how it ends, what a dumbass. I wonder if it's going to hurt..."

Then I hit...And I was still here. When the immediate shock receeded I looked about, flabbergasted that I was looking about, and realized that there actually was one small gap in the boulders, not much wider than a person could fit, where there was water a few feet deep. That's where I had wound up. Upon bodily inspection there was a gash on my right shin which required several stitches(you could see the bone), but other than that I was unscathed.

I reckon it just comes down to if it's your time, you're going. If it's not, you ain't going anywhere.

Cheers,
Fred

Poly Hedra
26th April 2012, 16:40
A mind blowing event that changed me, well, there are lots, I've had an eventful early life. :)
One story I would like to tell is about this time myself and a friend were leaving a friends house at 6am and we were going home. We were living in Holland at the time. When we got outside we realised that we were lost, we were making our way to a train station but when we got there it was closed. There was not a soul to be seen anywhere.
It was a dead end so we started to walk back the way we came, we noticed a big black shiny car full of men drive passed. They slowed down and stared out at us. We kept walking, the car turned around and was driving towards us, so we turned around again to walk in the opposite direction of the car. By this time we were so scared. Once more we turned to go the other direction and the car began to turn around again and pull up next to us. We both knew that we were probably going to be raped. Those men did not want to help and we knew it.
All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a big white mercedes taxi appeared. he pulled up and we got in. I was in shock and so was my friend. What was intersting about that taxi was that he was pulling into a dead end, he had no reason to go in that direction.
She never wanted to discuss how close we came to our lives being changed forever. If that taxi hadnt turned up, out of nowhere, well. This ws a moment I'll never forget and it made me realise that there were people not of this world, helping us.

Fred Steeves
26th April 2012, 20:50
If that taxi hadnt turned up, out of nowhere, well. This ws a moment I'll never forget and it made me realise that there were people not of this world, helping us.

The term "GodWink" seems relevent here.

WHAT'S A GODWINK?
A godwink is what some people would call a coincidence, an answered prayer, or simply an experience where you'd say, "Wow, what are the odds of that!"
What do godwinks mean? Think about when you were a kid and someone you loved gave you a little wink across the dining room table...Mom or Dad or Grandma. You didn't say "What do you mean by that?" You knew. It meant: "Hey kid, I'm thinking about you right now." That's what a godwink is too: a message of reassurance from above, directly to you, out of six billion people on the planet, saying "Hey kid...I'm thinking of you! Keep the faith! You're never alone."