PDA

View Full Version : CISPA and Project Avalon

jason4444
28th April 2012, 05:07
So, I'm going to go ahead and assume that the majority of you know that CISPA has passed through the House and is now going through the senate. I'm worried that if this bill does become law that somewhere in the future Project Avalon will fall victim to it or any other potential internet freedom ending bills, as this site, at least in my opinion, has an incredible amount of information that I am most definitely sure the powers that be don't want anyone to know. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thank you and much love to all of you.

crosby
28th April 2012, 06:45
wait till it comes up and grabs all by the ASS..... they will flock to your thread....
warmest, corson

Tane Mahuta
28th April 2012, 06:57
For those who don/t know who or what CISPA is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Intelligence_Sharing_and_Protection_Act

If this is going to be a problem in the future, then the web master

would need to find another host offshore....

wait till it comes up and grabs all by the ASS..... they will flock to your thread....
warmest, corson

I hope it doesn't come to this!!

TM

crosby
28th April 2012, 06:59
nice.
corson

sdv
28th April 2012, 07:24
There's a petition on Avaaz (http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa_corporate_global/?fp).

A suggestion: why don't we mobilise as a community. If we haven't already signed, then sign. Spread the word and get as many people to sign as we can. Post it on every alternative community site that you kinow (the more postings, the more attention).

We may not be able to stop the bill being passed by the Senate, but we can make our voices heard.

Just as in my country, this bill should be scrapped.

modwiz
28th April 2012, 08:12
warmest, corson

Having my ass grabbed doesn't sound so bad. :p

Krullenjongen
28th April 2012, 08:35
I just read this article that might interest the readers of this thread.

Insanity: CISPA Just Got Way Worse, And Then Passed On Rushed Vote
Up until this afternoon, the final vote on CISPA was supposed to be tomorrow. Then, abruptly, it was moved up today—and the House voted in favor of its passage with a vote of 248-168. But that's not even the worst part.

The vote followed the debate on amendments, several of which were passed. Among them was an absolutely terrible change (pdf and embedded below—scroll to amendment #6) to the definition of what the government can do with shared information, put forth by Rep. Quayle. Astonishingly, it was described as limiting the government's power, even though it in fact expands it by adding more items to the list of acceptable purposes for which shared information can be used. Even more astonishingly, it passed with a near-unanimous vote. The CISPA that was just approved by the House is much worse than the CISPA being discussed as recently as this morning.

read more: http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=39403

percival tyro
28th April 2012, 09:17
I believe that it has been passed by the house of representatives but it has still to go before the senate...do you think the senate would adopt it?.

Bryn ap Gwilym
28th April 2012, 09:38
Aye, Richard Stallman was interviewed yesterday on RT News about this.

4EkURdh1TB8

How far will folk allow themselves to be pushed before they snap?
It is beginning to look like that most folk are so conditioned into towing the line or jumping onto the latest New Age Guru that they have become blinkered & trapped within their own illusionary bubble that has so kindly been structured for them.
The reason why they won't make a stand or why they will become screaming puppets to this months fad may have something to do with them suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Lets see how many here will join for an example a rally, supporters group etc today.

sdv
28th April 2012, 09:52
Lets see how many here will join for an example a rally, supporters group etc today.

Signed the Avaaz petition and am harassing friends via FB and email to do the same.

Sorry, am not in US for protests. Any suggestions of what else I can do from afar?We live in a global world and I know very well that effects will reach way beyond US (so if any on this forum think it is not your problem as you are njot an American ...)

wynderer
28th April 2012, 09:53
the Patriot Act has everything needed in its 500-plus pages to install a fascist gov't here -- i no longer get outraged at the bills they are passing --

i'm not giving up hope, tho -- on another thread i mentioned that Edgar Cayce said that there would come a time when the darkness & corruption in high places would come to light & the USAmerican people would rise up & take our gov't back into our own hands

I believe that it has been passed by the house of representatives but it has still to go before the senate...do you think the senate would adopt it?.

our House of Representatives generally shows a bit more guts than our Senate -- if the House passed it, the Senate will also -- the Senate is more powerful, they get more $$, & so they are more corrupt

Fred Steeves
28th April 2012, 10:40
warmest, corson

Doesn't that depend on whose doing the grabbing?:eyebrows:

Tane Mahuta
28th April 2012, 10:43
warmest, corson

Yeah...

'pends who's doing the grabbing...!!

TM

Fred Steeves
28th April 2012, 11:25
the Patriot Act has everything needed in its 500-plus pages to install a fascist gov't here -- i no longer get outraged at the bills they are passing --

i'm not giving up hope, tho -- on another thread i mentioned that Edgar Cayce said that there would come a time when the darkness & corruption in high places would come to light & the USAmerican people would rise up & take our gov't back into our own hands

Yeah, I'm done being outraged, and I'm also done with being surprised at the speed and audacity of "their" actions. The more I look at this whole thing, (The myriad of new laws, street cameras and microphones, militarization of the police, etc.,) the more I'm seeing nothing but a terrified child. What are they so afraid of? Lash that sleeping giant down securely before he really awakens.

Well guess what? They can tie and double tie us til the cows come home. But when we're ready to move on to something else, this will be the result of all their labors.

No hard feelings guys, carry on.

humanalien
29th April 2012, 01:44
So. Someone should create a private internet system that is owned by one person.

jjjones
29th April 2012, 01:49
fyi according to word from d.c. pres. obama said he is VETOING CISPA, but remember he said the same about SOPA & PIPA and he signed the NDAA on new years eve when the people were partying and the media said NOTHING about it. we better all speak up and stand up because our first six amendments are in the shredder! we the people need to unite, WAKE UP and get on the same page, FAST! what is happening now is what the Constitution is saying that is NOT supposed to being happening. when the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson. namaste, peace and love universally :)

meeradas
29th April 2012, 18:11
sllDt-jlUvs

vid was included here (http://www.businessinsider.com/cispa-is-ridiculously-hideous-and-it-just-passed-the-house-2012-4)

Carmody
29th April 2012, 18:23
It's called creeping fascism.

If one acquiesces, they simply put into effect another small change toward what they want.

This is normal, the very way it's been done for thousands of years...

the_vast_mystery
29th April 2012, 18:25
If you've listened to William Binney and Thomas Drake regarding the NSA, they're more than likely already doing this for everyone. CISPA was merely a sneaky way of doing another retroactive immunity deal. (You share your data with us now, we don't tell anyone and quickly make it legal to erase your concerns.) My bet is multi-nationals and many large to mid sized corporations were almost all already willingly sharing their data (with some holdouts) despite privacy concerns and CISPA was an attempt to legitimize it publicly.

Dennis Leahy
29th April 2012, 19:08
There were 1,000,000 signatures simply thrown out by the US Federal government, regarding GMO labeling. http://voices.yahoo.com/fda-erases-1-million-signatures-just-label-11180574.html

Still think someone in the US government listens to citizens? Petitions? Same thing as screaming at the castle walls, only you don't have to go outside or get hoarse.

When, not if, CISPA becomes law, will it be time for a citizens revolt yet? Will people set down their remote controls? Will a million people be willing to discard their job to be the nucleus of a Nationwide General Strike - with a real goal? I doubt it. What a befuddled cluster of buffoons we US citizes are. Absolutely laughable. The joke of the galaxy, probably. Now I don't doubt massive numbers of ET spacecraft sit in Earth orbit just to watch the sitcom called "Arrogant, Clueless, Armed & Dangerous: The US Citizen."

Dennis

gripreaper
29th April 2012, 19:20
There were 1,000,000 signatures simply thrown out by the US Federal government, regarding GMO labeling. http://voices.yahoo.com/fda-erases-1-million-signatures-just-label-11180574.html

Still think someone in the US government listens to citizens? Petitions? Same thing as screaming at the castle walls, only you don't have to go outside or get hoarse.

When, not if, CISPA becomes law, will it be time for a citizens revolt yet? Will people set down their remote controls? Will a million people be willing to discard their job to be the nucleus of a Nationwide General Strike - with a real goal? I doubt it. What a befuddled cluster of buffoons we US citizes are. Absolutely laughable. The joke of the galaxy, probably. Now I don't doubt massive numbers of ET spacecraft sit in Earth orbit just to watch the sitcom called "Arrogant, Clueless, Armed & Dangerous: The US Citizen."

Dennis

Yes Dennis, and they got that way over many generations. After the Federal Reserve Act was enacted in 1913, the banksters expanded the fiat money supply and proceeded to put everyone in debt, and as soon as they had everyone leveraged to the max, they shrunk the money supply and foreclosed on everything, and left the country destitute.

When the populace is hungry and out on the streets, then human nature is to survive. It's the Hegelian dialectic of problem, reaction, solution. We are being set up for the exact same scenario as we speak, and the sheeple willl beg for the solution provided and wish for the day when slavery had flashing lights on our hamster wheels and soft pillows to go with our American Idol and beer.

I really don't know what it is going to take to catalyze an awakening where the 100th monkey shows up and the tipping point is reached, but spreading the knowledge as far and wide as we can has to help, doesn't it?

Carmody
29th April 2012, 20:16

Dennis

subtitled (in the alien TV show guide): a spiritually unaware and culturally illiterate experiment in contract law.