PDA

View Full Version : Language Spoken by Alara Blackwell

Hermeticus
28th April 2012, 19:00
I've had a deep curiosity in language. After listening to the interview of Alara Blackwell (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42378-The-Bases-Series-Super-Soldier-Alara-on-Militarized-Remote-Viewing), I took some time to capture the audio of the alien language she spoke and then transliterate it. I'm not a professional linguist by any means and I welcome any constructive criticism.

I am thoroughly convinced that this is in fact a working language. Even an informed skeptic would probably acknowledge it as a 'constructed language.' I think it is a natural language, of course!

Language Spoken by Alara

Transliteration Guide
œ rounded frontal sound, compare to the schewa sound; this sound can actually be accented, similar to French and unlike in English where it is never accented.
þ = English sound 'th', only occurs once in the sample.
‘ = glottal stop; separates two otherwise consecutive vowels
‘sh’ = sh sound as in English (cf. ch, sch, sj)
a, e, i, o, u = these are the standard continental values, similar to Spanish or Italian.
aa, ee, oo = double vowels simply mean that they are long in duration

Remarks
Word divisions are based on pauses.
Long sequences could be several words strung together.
The difference between unaccented, short ‘a’ and ‘œ’ may be perceived. They could be the same sound.

transliterated utterances

itásikarenáat íkau titáaseret {“I am hungry and I would like that food.”}

[Alara and Miles speak.]

áasiattantíranilakeafe’etiasemíataa

ínaan éseshœtaa akíasaíin

ína hataittaiarániat etlaniasiet tírþiartakírnaan

únasaa irta íranialahiatœké ínasaa ifitíataa tia’aka’œnasœt ítad’as íkœntaant (œkintaant?)

ínaan tíra ílan*ma se ífimahaa tœkee (*I couldn’t tell whether this was ilamma or ilanma)

ósoo tooshívaranidikantésialanehefíanaan ítaan dékriœ

ései ináa katríatashee ína’ósuœ’ tiaranala síatœ fíanaan

[Interview speaks, Alara laughs and says] títa’aa … ítasaa

[End of Transliteration]

Firsthand Conclusions
If I had more samples of the language and more training, I would be able to divide it into morphemes, the intelligible components of a language. I could also confirm the accuracy of transliteration and provide a reasonably accurate phonology.

This language has a very simple consonant and vowel set. Most of the consonant sounds are 'voiceless' (aka unvoiced), such as t, k, s, sh. The only labial sound are 'm' and 'f.' The 'i' sound is very common. In two cases, I heard the 'd' sound. There is the English 'th' sound that occurs only once in the sample.

Alie
28th April 2012, 19:02
I've had a deep curiosity in language. After listening to the interview of Alara Blackwell (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?42378-The-Bases-Series-Super-Soldier-Alara-on-Militarized-Remote-Viewing), I took some time to capture the audio of the alien language she spoke and then transliterate it. I'm not a professional linguist by any means and I welcome any constructive criticism.

I am thoroughly convinced that this is in fact a working language. Even an informed skeptic would probably acknowledge it as a 'constructed language.' I think it is a natural language, of course!

Language Spoken by Alara

Transliteration Guide
œ rounded frontal sound, compare to the schewa sound; this sound can actually be accented, similar to French and unlike in English where it is never accented.
þ = English sound 'th', only occurs once in the sample.
‘ = glottal stop; separates two otherwise consecutive vowels
‘sh’ = sh sound as in English (cf. ch, sch, sj)
aa, oo = double vowels simply mean that they are long in duration

Remarks
Word divisions are based on pauses.
Long sequences could be several words strung together.
The difference between unaccented, short ‘a’ and ‘œ’ may be perceived. They could be the same sound.

transliterated utterances

itásikarenáat íkau titáaseret {“I am hungry and I would like that food.”}

[Alara and Miles speak.]

áasiattantíranilakeafe’etiasemíataa

ínaan éseshœtaa akíasaíin

ína hataittaiarániat etlaniasiet tírþiartakírnaan

únasaa irta íranialahiatœké ínasaa ifitíataa tia’aka’œnasœt ítad’as íkœntaant (œkintaant?)

ínaan tíra ílan*ma se ífimahaa tœkee (*I couldn’t tell whether this was ilamma or ilanma)

ósoo tooshívaranidikantésialanehefíanaan ítaan dékriœ

ései ináa katríatashee ína’ósuœ’ tiaranala síatœ fíanaan

[Interview speaks, Alara laughs and says] títa’aa … ítasaa

[End of Transliteration]

Firsthand Conclusions
If I had more samples of the language and more training, I would be able to divide it into morphemes, the intelligible components of a language. I could also confirm the accuracy of transliteration and provide a reasonably accurate phonology.

This language has a very simple consonant and vowel set. Most of the consonant sounds are 'voiceless' (aka unvoiced), such as t, k, s, sh. The only labial sound are 'm' and 'f.' The 'i' sound is very common. In two cases, I heard the 'd' sound. There is the English 'th' sound that occurs only once in the sample.

Wow! Right or wrong it's amazing what you've tried to do.

meat suit
28th April 2012, 21:33
Hermeticus,

I have to say WOW!!! thanks for looking into this...

here is this guy on youtube who talks similar, he calls it 'language of light'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AnbVj7KCFs&feature=plcp start at 2.20approx or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWxkCmTJWII&feature=plcp start at 3.00 approx
I think there are more on his channel.... not sure if this is relevant, but thought I post it anyway..

cheers

meat

Hughe
29th April 2012, 02:51
Alara can speak and write the alien language. She confirmed it to me by an e-mail.

I've found that sometimes at subconscious level I speak a complete foreign language to myself. Also I downloaded weird symbols. I strongly believe in there is super or hyper language structure that all different languages derived from. For example, I could invent a writing language that handles English, Korean, and other ones.

Language is a powerful tool. It can be used to limit and control humans or to enhance. I consider telepathic communication is ultimate form of language.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=11915&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1323901197

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=11916&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1323901222

Hermeticus
29th April 2012, 14:18
Alara can speak and write the alien language. She confirmed it to me by an e-mail.

I've found that sometimes at subconscious level I speak a complete foreign language to myself. Also I downloaded weird symbols. I strongly believe in there is super or hyper language structure that all different languages derived from. For example, I could invent a writing language that handles English, Korean, and other ones.

Language is a powerful tool. It can be used to limit and control humans or to enhance. I consider telepathic communication is ultimate form of language.

Thanks for sharing! I have made up languages (very incomplete), but I can't say that I know an alien language.

I think all humans are mildly telepathic, but at a subconsciousness level and that this informs our current use of language. I think we also get mixed signals because we don't know what we're doing. I think infants learn to speak with limited aid from telepathy.

I agree, true telepathy would be superior to spoken language. I wonder if there is such a thing as a telepathic "written" language.

Maia Gabrial
29th April 2012, 14:28
At a young age, my grandson spoke a strange language and even wrote it. His teacher was dumbfounded by it because he was using it in class! I never discouraged him from using this language either. But I did have to show him how to write OUR alphabet.... :becky:

Hermeticus
29th April 2012, 16:23
At a young age, my grandson spoke a strange language and even wrote it. His teacher was dumbfounded by it because he was using it in class! I never discouraged him from using this language either. But I did have to show him how to write OUR alphabet.... :becky:

I think that's called 'xenoglossy' which is when someone, usually a child, but not always, speaks a language with which she or he has never had any real world contact and should not by any practical explanation be able to speak or write. It is often attributed to reincarnation.

Maia Gabrial
30th April 2012, 00:32
Wouldn't "speaking in tongues" be a similar thing to what Alara is doing?

MiguelQ
30th April 2012, 02:29
i have a language too, althought its just typed, never spoken.

but i dont know... it must be normal right? if i have one , some more people must too.. so i dont dont if i can trust its iherited from higher...

MiguelQ
30th April 2012, 02:40

I've found that sometimes at subconscious level I speak a complete foreign language to myself. Also ......

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=11915&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1323901197

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=11916&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1323901222

Sorry, where you got those symbols from? are those from her? Because i recognize them... somewhere...

Seikou-Kishi
30th April 2012, 03:11
This is good work Hermeticus. I wonder if I could ask how you determined where one word stopped and another began? We'd only have to look at English and French examples to see how pronounciation leaks across word boundaries. But though the words seem pretty strange, they wouldn't be too out of the way for something like Finnish.

One element of phonotactics I've noticed is that nowhere in the sample does it display consonant clusters. Not even apparent consonant clusters formed by syllable codas and onsets togeh#ther. There are a couple of examples of geminate consonants as we might find in Italian or Japanese. There do seem to be a few occasions when vowel sequences could be construed as diphthongs, but they're pretty rare. Together these two things make for very simple phonotactics. Add to that an apparent tendency towards coronal consonants above others... it seems like a very simple (phonologically speaking), even euphonic language.

Whether that means it's an alien language or something somebody's made up to sound alien I could even begin to guess... but... things made up on the fly have a tendency to slip up pretty frequently. This sample has patterns and it sticks to them. No idea XD

Hughe
1st May 2012, 01:04
MiguelQ,

Can you post your writing alphabets?

I invented the symbols to test my ideas of a hyper language: bi-directional, handle many speaking languages, extensible. I tweaked Hangeul alphabet to do it.

http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/korean_cons.gif

http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/korean_vwl.gif

Hermeticus
1st May 2012, 03:01
Wouldn't "speaking in tongues" be a similar thing to what Alara is doing?

Yes, I think so. Maybe that's another meaning for xenoglossy, too. But 'speaking in tongues' has so much more tradition to it!

Hermeticus
1st May 2012, 03:17
This is good work Hermeticus. I wonder if I could ask how you determined where one word stopped and another began? We'd only have to look at English and French examples to see how pronounciation leaks across word boundaries. But though the words seem pretty strange, they wouldn't be too out of the way for something like Finnish.

One element of phonotactics I've noticed is that nowhere in the sample does it display consonant clusters. Not even apparent consonant clusters formed by syllable codas and onsets togeh#ther. There are a couple of examples of geminate consonants as we might find in Italian or Japanese. There do seem to be a few occasions when vowel sequences could be construed as diphthongs, but they're pretty rare. Together these two things make for very simple phonotactics. Add to that an apparent tendency towards coronal consonants above others... it seems like a very simple (phonologically speaking), even euphonic language.

Whether that means it's an alien language or something somebody's made up to sound alien I could even begin to guess... but... things made up on the fly have a tendency to slip up pretty frequently. This sample has patterns and it sticks to them. No idea XD

Thanks! I knew that my determinationfor divisions words was arbitrary and thus wrong. I spoke to Alara (and it's uh-lah-ra, not uh-lair-uh) Sunday night and she clarified that what I transliterated as fíanaan is actually "fia anan." She speaks it more along the lines of a native or someone who is 'speaking in tongues' and not like someone who learns it as a second language and has familiarity with grammatical classifications.

That's a good catch that there are no consonant clusters. I may not have identified the geminates correctly. I'm not a "real" linguist, but it did seem that there were some doubles there! I stripped out the audio of the language part and processed it to be twice and long. Then I sat and listened to it over and over and over and over. Alara is game to give me more samples! But I'm afraid I may be biting off more than I want to chew.

Hughe
3rd May 2012, 00:00
The script appears at 2:53. Does she speak and write the alien language perfectly or just download and express on medium?
2wL0A6ityaA

I'm post my script writings later.

Hermeticus
3rd May 2012, 01:20
She used the term 'activate,' so seems more like that latter of what you said "download and express."

donk
3rd June 2013, 18:28
I tried finding a blog that was mentioned in a google search…http://alarablackwell.wordpress.com/ …it comes up “author deleted this blog”.

Does anyone know how to try to contact her (Alara Blackwell)?