PDA

View Full Version : How many people make sense to us?

dreamchaser
31st July 2010, 20:52
Im not great at listening to people so i have to make an extra effort at it. Ive always wanted to be a good listener. But when I try to listen to ppl talking about whatever I find that too often what they say doesnt make sense, common sense! "Dont SAY that?" "Why?", no answer. "Dont DO that?" "Why", no answer. i despise ANYone telling me what to do without any back up! Without a reason. Why do so many people SEEM to be backwards? It aggravates me like a splinter in my mind. Tormenting me. Why is it SO diffucult to speak to people.

A big part of it is, I believe, the english language. Another big part of it is in social conditioning. Maybe thats all of it. i certainly believe it most of it.

My kids asked me recently where we came from. I told them we came from space. i saw no reason to lie. its what i believe. if and when they want to know more about MY view, and it IS only a view because I have no proof. I will tell them honestly what i believe, and why. My dad heard them talking about it, and said to me to not be telling them we came from space. I will tell anyone what I believe! And Im NOT likely to just do what ppl say for any reason that i dont believe in. IS it possible that just do what others say without really thinking about it?

I was once told that its better NOT to think. I could NEVER believe that!! And hopefully I will never get that tired that i will stop asking Why! There is NO point to life, for me, without learning! So if anyone says to me Dont be silly, I wont answer them! Why would I? it would be silly to do so! :ohwell: Or if anyone askes me Why i always ask why the odds are i wont answer them either. Because obviously asking questions arent important to anyone like that. Why am i always surrounded by people who just dont want to know anything? Was i possibly SO bad in a past life that this is my karma? Or have i done this to myself now in this life?

I dont like the truth being hidden! Theres no integrity in that behaviour!

Love and peace to ALL!! :love:

Arpheus
31st July 2010, 23:28
The zombie state that most common folk are enshrouded in will not allow them to see beyond the veil dreamchaser,if in your lifetime you manage to help one or two people wake up somehow,be proud of yourself and you will have achieved some serious spiritual dharma,because thats considerable a great feat in this dark days,there are too many powers at work trying desperately to hold on to their reality brainwashing people on a daily basis,poisoning our food our water our planet using soundwaves microwaves vibrations and all kinds of things like that.Because they are afraid that their world is starting to fall apart on them,i dont try to wake people up anymore unless the oportunity presents itself in a subtle way,the i may try to throw a few hints here and there,but most people are so programmed into the current system that it gets tough to get the point across without hurting people's feeling or making yourself look like a nut or lunatic conspiracy theorist under other people's eyes,so for me i just try to live my life from day to day and focus on trying to better myself so my energy can be of some use in some way shape or form somehow.You get used to it after a while .:becky:

Operator
31st July 2010, 23:54
Communication is a difficult process ... when you want to express an idea it travels through many layers before you even speak words.
Then at the other side the process works backwards, the spoken words need to be translated to a conceptual level again.

Lots of people don't care too much which words they use, they don't even realize that they will not be understood ...

That's why I prefer writing emails or letters, you can rephrase to improve the meaning of a sentence. Mis-communication (especially through the spoken word) is often the cause of quarrels or even war.
Spoken words need to be remembered if you want to evaluate ... and every involved party remembers a version that is favorable to their explanation.
Written words are so much better to use for evaluation.

East Sun
1st August 2010, 00:09
I agree with you completely, Operator!

I'm not good at face to face debates/arguments etc. Before the internet i wished i could have communication with an intelligent person or persons by writing to each other. That never happened for obvious reasons. The internet is an answer to thing desired.

Kulapops
1st August 2010, 00:13
I'm only just starting to make sense to me !

How can I expect anyone else to ???

But then, as we're all one anyway, I try to fit in as much compassion as possible around the place. A bit like needing stuff cushions on a sofa...

:0)

Operator
1st August 2010, 00:25
But then, as we're all one anyway, I try to fit in as much compassion as possible around the place. A bit like needing stuff cushions on a sofa...

Well spoken Kulapops !
If we understand the process and the mishaps we're more likely to massage the communication ...

From "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" >> Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
There would be less 'fights' if wouldn't put our own perceptions in the first place ...

East Sun
1st August 2010, 01:27
I always thought it was me--an indication of paranoia I suppose, but that's ok. I became confused early on when others behaved in a way I did not think was logical. Through my life people thought I was 'odd' or worse. If I ever said what I thought I was immediately condemned by looks, frowns or verbal abuse. So what does that mean.
I think we have something in common, dreamchaser, that we have to solve ourselves. Many decades of searching shows me that our road is full of stumbling stones and the veil we hope to shed is still there.

HORIZONS
1st August 2010, 02:57
Clear Concise Communication - the three C's - is very important in our personal and business relationships, and as I see it it is one of the main failures that could have been avoided when problems arise in our personal lives or at work. We must seek to understand and to be understood, and this takes practice and a strong work ethic, and unfortunately there are many that do not care, nor understand, about this important issue in human relationships. So many problems can be avoided when we can communicate effectively - and learning to listen is something that must be worked at as well, as we must have an ear to hear what others are saying so that we might make sense of what is being said.

dreamchaser
1st August 2010, 06:28
Thanks SO much to all who have commented on this thread. means a lot to me! Sure we can all only BUT keep trying, I guess. One of the ppl who I find it very difficult to talk to, listen to is my gf. Oops. :p Well, i havent given up trying to communicate, yet, if I ever do!

love and peace to all! :love:

Kulapops
1st August 2010, 12:21
Hmm... not that I belong to relate counselling or anything... but from my own experiences, problems communicating with bfs and gfs is possibly down to something a lot deeper.

It's like, at a root level, there is something they don't want to tell you. I may be jumping to the wrong conclusions here, and they may not even know it themselves...but when I've experienced this, the 'thing' that does not want to be communicated is 'you are not the one'. This leads to problems of understanding at the higher up levels.... like running your daily lives.

Follow your instincts, trust in what you know and your gut feelings. Follow your hunches. This can be very painful, because what we think we want is not always what we can have. But with a greater perspective, it is because there is a much more golden path that awaits us. And if we can let go of our fears, see that we are in fact banging our heads against a cosmic wall of petulence, a whole other world may rush up to greet us.

It did for me.

Much love,

K

dreamchaser
1st August 2010, 13:08
I accept that. But if an unspoken message suggests that "I" am not the one isnt there a possibility that the same silence could also say that "they" are not the one? I dont really wanna get into the maze of human social interactions here. And maybe Im too stubbornly convinced that there is a way forward for everyone. But I do firmly believe that there is more than just one answer to probably every situation. ;)

Love and peace. :love:

JoeNashville
1st August 2010, 13:52
I have always listened to understand and seek understanding. I first noticed the things you mentioned decades ago, even as a child and of course it's getting exponentially worse as time goes by. It's even more fascinating when people say things that don't make sense on the surface, then when you probe their thinking it doesn't make sense on any level even to them, yet they keep saying it. They don't even question themselves on things that don't make sense!

They lack of intellectual curiosity is tragic.

dreamchaser
1st August 2010, 14:20
Maybe its more tragic for us who want to know more than it is for them who apparently just go through life on autopilot. But of COURSE i believe it actually IS tragic for all of us collectively! But I cant help thinking that maybe there is a false comfort for those who dont wanna think about where were all going. Like the phrase "What you dont know about wont hurt you". Partly true, in some sense. It likely wont effect everyone until it hits everyone. Then we will likely be in the situation where we will be ready to act on a given change that we believe is coming. While those who havent thought about it may very well all be in a state of chaos. So i guess my train of thought has brought me back to the position that we must ALL be ready for change when it does come, and very likely be getting ready for a change before it happens! :love:

greybeard
1st August 2010, 14:48
Maybe its more tragic for us who want to know more than it is for them who apparently just go through life on autopilot. But of COURSE i believe it actually IS tragic for all of us collectively! But I cant help thinking that maybe there is a false comfort for those who dont wanna think about where were all going. Like the phrase "What you dont know about wont hurt you". Partly true, in some sense. It likely wont effect everyone until it hits everyone. Then we will likely be in the situation where we will be ready to act on a given change that we believe is coming. While those who havent thought about it may very well all be in a state of chaos. So i guess my train of thought has brought me back to the position that we must ALL be ready for change when it does come, and very likely be getting ready for a change before it happens! :love:

I think that is a very intelligent observation Dreamchaser.
Many unaware people are kind and thoughtful and dont really see an "enemy".
Unfortunately in the first stages of becoming awake there is a feeling that there is some thing out there trying to control us and keep us in ignorance, that may well be so at that initial level of awakening, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing." Thats divisive.
Then hopefully spirituality starts to evolve and then there is the knowing that this thinking negates Oneness and we move on to forgiving.
The "other" serves its purpose in that it give us opportunity to forgive and be in a state of unconditional love.
Love is not blind neither does it condone.
Chris

Kulapops
1st August 2010, 15:21
We all have a truth, a piece of the puzzle...sharing this openly as you are doing dreamchaser is what is important for me.

My feelings and reflections can only show my own thoughts and experience, that may or may not resonate for others (though it's fun when it does resonate :0) )

Maybe I'm personifying it too much by saying that's something they are communicating, because in reality the soul conversation is two way.. and if it's not working, it's not working for both. Or the purpose of the interaction of the two souls may not be the one we think it's about. With effort on both sides, the reason for the connection may become known. Indeed problems or misunderstandings can also be corrected. In this lies the lesson that two souls are brought together to learn.

In hindsight, I am grateful for every dispute. :0) Not easy at the time though... especially where the heart is involved and invested.

Joe - Love what you have to say on this. Yep, very insightful, and why is it that some seem to be inconsistent in their logic and behaviours, and why does that stand out to us as it does? Why do we notice as clearly as we do, when they don't. Defensive behaviours can really set in if you start pointing out inconsistencies in people's actions/beliefs !

K

Operator
1st August 2010, 15:39
Many unaware people are kind and thoughtful and dont really see an "enemy".

If you try to bring some of it to their attention ... the unaware people will say "They, there is no they !" (as in enemy).
Then they continue and claim you are crazy and should behave normally (whatever that is) ... You ask: Why ? ...

Their answer: ... because THEY say so ...:scared:

Niobe
1st August 2010, 15:42
Love is not blind neither does it condone.
Chris
Hi Chris, Would you please expand on this sentence a bit? It jumped out at me, and I would like to hear more.

Regarding this topic- as a female, I have a hard time communicating with a lot of people, especially other women. An example is an office setting in which eight women work ( my previous job). Many of them enjoyed standing around talking about, what was to me, mindless chatter. Sometimes it seems like they talked just to hear themselves talk. :blabla:
I was never comfortable trying to join in on a conversation like this. The work scenario is just an example. I've gotten to the point where I rarely put myself in situations where there might be groups of people engaged in this type of talk. I don't understand how people can just ramble on about nothing. I guess maybe they are just so into their reality that they feel that is all there is? I am not saying they are bad people, I just don't like to be in a situation where I feel uncomfortable because I can't relate.
Niobe

Fredkc
1st August 2010, 16:40
I don't understand how people can just ramble on about nothing.Actually, you had it... "they talked just to hear themselves talk." Or better put, "to be heard talking".

Attention is energy. Agreement provides energy. Generally that's what "bull sessions" are about. Everyone gets a chance to rattle the group, with whatever, and they gain attention and agreement. What they're talking about is mostly irrelevant. It's an energy circle.

You can watch the dynamics of them, really. Everyone gets to toss in their current bit, and receive attention/agreement. The group will come to an unspoken agreement about parameters within which you get auto-fed the acceptance. People will then come and go from the group as the topics either exceed their limitations, or change to include them.

Mostly the people around us are about what we do, or don't understand. They change based upon what we are currently seeking to "be fed" with, or what we're trying to noodle out. Watch how, once you've "figured out" something to where you can leave it alone, people will also drop from your circle.

It's the universal "I" haggling things out. ;)

Fred

dreamchaser
1st August 2010, 20:19
Thank you very much Greybeard. Im honoured for the complimernt!

Thanks to EVERYone for their insights!

Operator, so very true so often.

Much love and peace to all! :love:

Operator
1st August 2010, 20:46
Thank you very much Greybeard. Im honoured for the complimernt!

Thanks to EVERYone for their insights!

Operator, so very true so often.

Much love and peace to all! :love:

You can use the same stick to poke them with when they say you are a conspiracy nut.

You just give them a few 'examples of evidence' and they will say it was planted (in some cases that's also true), fake and just 'internet'.
Then you only have to reply: "So you DO believe in conspiracies yourself after all !" :rolleyes:

dreamchaser
1st August 2010, 21:18
Its quite obvious that many must, EVEN if they wont admit it! lol Another part of the craziness of the world, I guess. Oh well. One can STILL live in hope.....

greybeard
1st August 2010, 21:22
Hi Chris, Would you please expand on this sentence a bit? It jumped out at me, and I would like to hear more.

Regarding this topic- as a female, I have a hard time communicating with a lot of people, especially other women. An example is an office setting in which eight women work ( my previous job). Many of them enjoyed standing around talking about, what was to me, mindless chatter. Sometimes it seems like they talked just to hear themselves talk. :blabla:
I was never comfortable trying to join in on a conversation like this. The work scenario is just an example. I've gotten to the point where I rarely put myself in situations where there might be groups of people engaged in this type of talk. I don't understand how people can just ramble on about nothing. I guess maybe they are just so into their reality that they feel that is all there is? I am not saying they are bad people, I just don't like to be in a situation where I feel uncomfortable because I can't relate.
Niobe

Hi Nobel
Its a question of being aware of where people are as you obviously are. Accepting them as they are but you personally dont have to go there. You can talk abou the weather then move on.
Its a process. I liked to talk with others about others then I realized that I was just feeding my ego, I just got fed up of telling virtually the same story, names would change, events might change, but basically. It was "Listen here, I know something you dont" Therefore im the superior one here, im the special one.
So reading books like "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle set me to realize that it was just ego feeding and I dident need it to be happy.
No need to judge or pull others down to feel good about your self.
You obviously are aware Niobe.
You will find others you can relate to, sooner or later.
People are changing but you just have to let them be till they do-- or they will pull you back into it.
The Abraham teaching by Ester Hicks are great, more and more are starting to see that gossip talking serves no useful purpose.
You are not alone.
Love Chris
Ps Its come to the point that I wouldent make sense to quite a few people, so I dont even try now.
Done it got the T shirt etc.

Wookie
2nd August 2010, 01:13
Divide and conquer/rule, religion, countries, communities, ideologies, language > dialect, PA forum PC forum, groups, clubs, and on it goes, almost anyway one defines oneself as other there is division. In the time that humans have know about the earth as a whole there is no reason that we could not have come up with a "Common" dialect, unless the lact of said communication is desired by those in power. Divide and rule, to make small groups that do not communicate, relate to one another, for ease of rule. Further if small groups resist rule, the small groups can be persuade to kill off each other. One can tell one group that another group did or said something offensive and if the small groups dont talk to each other, take the rulers word for it, they ignore the source of the insult and focus on the supposed insulter. Now if communication is a skill one learns, then there must be a structure that the learning is based upon. Now with all the use that could be gained from a common dialect how much work must have been done to prevent such a dialect from being developed. About as much work done to make sure that there will always be small groups that do not communicate. I might be paranoid, I might be right, that depends on what little group im talking to. The amount of time and energy that the PTB could have, do imo, spend on making communication between people difficult or impossible is minute to the power they maintain from said work. All is not doom and gloom, find common ground and communication is much easier, find love and use love as common ground. As hard as it might be to give up ones point of view or beliefs, it is just as eazy to use love as common ground. Stop thinking of differences as other and focus on the similarities. Difference makes this world a special place. Difference should be cause of celebration not the rout of division. So try and look at the similarities when interacting with another group and if one finds similarities hard to find look to love. Even when dealing with love ones and friends, the mind sets might be very different but one can always use love as common ground. Its time to take all the tools that seperate and confuse and turn them on their makers, because with out people to rule they truelly have no power.

Peaceful Journeys. Wookie

Niobe
2nd August 2010, 02:07
Thank you, Chris, for the lovely reply.

Wookie, thank you for your wise words as well.

Blessings and peace,

Niobe

Ethereal Blue Being
2nd August 2010, 03:27
Dream chaser and Niobe
I have noticed that people may or may not make sense to me depending on where we are, what we are wearing, who else is within hearing distance (men,women,supervisors, children etc.) and what people have been eating or drinking. Let me explain-- while at work (Previous job) women were in business attire, high heels, etc, men in suits and ties everyone is uncomfortable in their clothes and there were always others within hearing distance, there were surveilance cameras (very common in the city I live in) for "safety", people are on edge. People were trying to impress, flirt or "one up" themselves in the pecking order.If someone has brought in a couple dozen doughnuts or a birthday cake and sodas I notice a lot of irritability as the day went on. Add to that the usual caffienated coffee and the junk snacks some people brought to work everyday and it escalates plus the demands of the job. Now if you run into these people on your days off at a park or a small restaurant they were completely 'different'. I used to ask myself "Am I the same person away from work that I am at work" I know I'm pretty close but I see huge swings in peoples personality, opinions, sense of humor and productivity throughout the day. I wonder if this is a classic example of Rupert Sheldrake's 'morphic resonance' and the power of physical locations.I've also read alot of books on body language so I think I'm very aware of mine and others and therefore I was more guarded in my behavior. Oh well these are some of my observations.

dreamchaser
2nd August 2010, 07:55
VERY wise words there Wookie! Kudos man! ;) As Ive grown Ive started to try to look past differences between people, and just seek to understand people. Ive started to look at peoples differences NOT as a wall between people, but as a challenge. A chance for us to learn and grow in coming to understand something new. Of course differences should be celebrated, NOT condemned! I myself try to bring humour wherever i go. But even that in todays world CAN be misunderstood. Sad! Oh well :D

Ethereal thanks for the input. very true for a lot of people, and very perceptive of you! Ive only worn suits rarely, and sometimes they can restrict, and irritate somewhat. Usually im in comfy clothes though. And I try to bring a good mood with me wherever I go.

:love: