PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Forum Stats

mojo
6th May 2012, 03:40
Hi members, guests, Bill and Mod team,
I was curious to know the statistics of our forum. I noticed on the front page of our site it shows some info that I copied and posted below. It is helpful but I'm curious to know what our membership is and even if possible the guests visitation. I understand if it can't be posted for privacy issues. thank you,
mojo

21st October 2010 12:20
Today 19:47
by Paige

Welcome New Members

» Online Users: 1,047
133 members and 914 guests

I

bennycog
6th May 2012, 04:06
i notice on certain words in a post, if you scroll over them, there is a chance to win an iphone or some other advertising.. is it just my computer or are other people getting it too?

lilac
6th May 2012, 04:14
I think that's your computer bennycog... I've never seen ads here.

bennycog
6th May 2012, 05:11
yeah i think it is too.. when i refreshed it came up with a totally different word.. guess i better get to doing a scan..

hey mojo did not mean to get off topic.. i got into your post and most of the words led to links :)

when i am away working i probably contibute to the guest visitation by a few, because i do not log on on other computers, unless i want to post..

wynderer
6th May 2012, 12:02
this was happening to me on the Nexus forum, & apparently not to others -- i posted to ask

i notice on certain words in a post, if you scroll over them, there is a chance to win an iphone or some other advertising.. is it just my computer or are other people getting it too?

bennycog
6th May 2012, 12:27
hey wynderer i have a tech friend of mine and he is trying to work out how it is playing up with ie... internet explorer... will post back with what he says.. it has to be a trojan of some sort.. a new one.. and it is a pain in the a%%

¤=[Post Update]=¤

PS... we need to get back to the op guys

wynderer
6th May 2012, 12:32
hi bennycog -- i sometimes have these kind of weird things happen w/my computer -- computer geek friends always give me strange looks when they are working on it

the glitches always stop by themselves -- luckily, because i deliberately remain computer ignorant, refusing to learn to think like a machine

sometimes i think someone out there fixes these things for me

wyn

hey wynderer i have a tech friend of mine and he is trying to work out how it is playing up with ie... internet explorer... will post back with what he says.. it has to be a trojan of some sort.. a new one.. and it is a pain in the a%%

¤=[Post Update]=¤

modwiz
6th May 2012, 12:41
Sounds like cyber-cooties.

christian
6th May 2012, 12:57
Don't know exactly what you're searching for, maybe this:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/online.php?

bennycog
6th May 2012, 13:18
3717 members so far mojo

mojo
6th May 2012, 13:23
ty bennycog that helps where did you find the number?

I looked where christian mentioned and I only found this stat.
144 members and 885 guests

Most users ever online was 2040, 23rd August 2011 at 12:36.

Kindred
6th May 2012, 13:32
FWIW, frequently I will check the forums without logging in, just to see "what's happening". Also, I don't know the details of this functioning, but could web-bots / "spiders"(?), be identified as 'guests'? That would make sense to me. But, I'm not a 'techie'...

Hervé
6th May 2012, 13:49

this was happening to me on the Nexus forum, & apparently not to others -- i posted to ask

Check this post: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?28430-forum-hijacked&p=288925&viewfull=1#post288925

Particularly the section about those "wonderful added toolbars" like Google, Bing, etc...

Midnight Rambler
6th May 2012, 13:56
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=16157&d=1336312475

There are stats to the bottom right of the front page of PA. Is this what you mean Mojo?

bennycog
6th May 2012, 21:15
ty bennycog that helps where did you find the number?

I looked where christian mentioned and I only found this stat.
144 members and 885 guests

Most users ever online was 2040, 23rd August 2011 at 12:36.

hey mojo.. i went to the members section. then scrolled down the bottom.. it said results 1 - 50 out of 3717
so assumed 3717 members.. or am i wrong mods? might it be members since start of avalon.. people that have left and people that are still here..

mojo
6th May 2012, 23:19
Ty Midnight Rambler that was the number I was lookng for...:)

Ernie Nemeth
6th May 2012, 23:35
I often see that there are x numger of members watching a thread but when you count the names it is one less.

Why is that?

Just now I was in a thread where there were two members and 17 guests. But the names of members only listed myself...
I just assume it is the mods, or Bill, who can somehow stay in the shadows.
Is that right?

frances
6th May 2012, 23:54
144 seems a re-occurring number. I do not understand it, but it jumps out. Frances.

christian
6th May 2012, 23:56
I often see that there are x numger of members watching a thread but when you count the names it is one less.

Why is that?

Just now I was in a thread where there were two members and 17 guests. But the names of members only listed myself...
I just assume it is the mods, or Bill, who can somehow stay in the shadows.
Is that right?

In the settings there is an option to make yourself "invisible", that option is available to everyone.

Ernie Nemeth
7th May 2012, 03:32
That's what I love the most about life.
If you are open there is always more to learn.
Thanks Christian

Rantaak
8th May 2012, 03:38
144 seems a re-occurring number. I do not understand it, but it jumps out. Frances.

12 x 12, the number of harmonic overtones of our universe.

Bill Ryan
15th May 2012, 16:52

I had the same problem for a brief time. It baffled me, because here are definitely and absolutely no ads on the Avalon site.

Ilie found the solution: click here...

http://skimlinks.com/opt-out

You'll find that you've mysteriously been 'opted in' (as I was) -- though you never signed up for it. Just opt out, and the ads will not show up again.

bennycog
16th May 2012, 01:41
i went in and reset my internet explorer and that worked a charm.. though all my history and usernames and such got wiped but that can only be a good thing lol

cheers bill

Tane Mahuta
16th May 2012, 08:21
hi bennycog -- i sometimes have these kind of weird things happen w/my computer -- computer geek friends always give me strange looks when they are working on it

the glitches always stop by themselves -- luckily, because i deliberately remain computer ignorant, refusing to learn to think like a machine

sometimes i think someone out there fixes these things for me

wyn

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Hi guys!!...what I do is "zero"the hard drive(wipe it clean) & re-install the operating
system(say...every 6mths regardless). Save all you info to another h/drive.

no prob's

TM