PDA

View Full Version : Delete Irrelevant Posts

Thinker
2nd August 2010, 15:59
I think we need a new feature for forum software applications.

This new feature would allow the authors of the thread to administer his subject content. The author would see the post, read it decide if it were relevant, off topic, or a complete waist of bits, the author could either leave it as submitted or delete it from the thread. It would virtually eliminate overnight useless comments and focus the discussion on the subject introduced.

Agent Provocateurs could be shown the door in no time at all. Really, why does any person in their right mind participate in a discussion that they appose without even comprehending the subject?

This feature would have the added benefit of deterring bogus posts because the person posting would know if he/she made irrelevant comments he/she would be put out!

This feature would also regulate the author because excessive use would detour others from contributing anything to that user.

Forum moderators would be freed from dealing with most if not all of the BS.

end

jaybee
2nd August 2010, 16:23
Agent Provocateurs could be shown the door in no time at all. Really, why does any person in their right mind participate in a discussion that they appose without even comprehending the subject?

BUT...what if the Agent Provocateurs started lots of threads...and then deleted anything that didn't comply with their agenda? And only let their agent colleagues participate? How very convenient that would be!

This feature would have the added benefit of deterring bogus posts because the person posting would know if he/she made irrelevant comments he/she would be put out!

Blimey... I don't think you've thought this through Thinker... the above is a blue-print for a mini dictatorship.. LOL.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I expect you would have deleted my above post.....wouldn't you?

ps...I'm PLAYING.....:p

tone3jaguar
2nd August 2010, 17:31
Control issues?

I bet you wish you could delete that.

HORIZONS
2nd August 2010, 17:43
Did you ever see that Twilight Zone episode where a child had absolute power to delete anyone and everything that did not agree with him? It wasn't long before everyone that was left in his world was in complete agreement with him. Not much of a world to experience was left.

JoeNashville
2nd August 2010, 17:56
It's a great idea in principle. But jaybee makes a very good point. I've got to think the Agent Provocateurs would be spread to thin to cover every thread on the increasing board and threads in the on line universe. After all, how many are there? Oh wait, close to a million in DC alone. :-(

Well, you could just have two buttons like a lot of sites are doing now. Vote up or down on relevance. Everyone could vote and once the percentage reached a pre-determined number for non-relevance, say 75% the post would be deleted. I don't know enough to know if that is even possible, but it's a thought.

That would remove the outside nefarious influence, at least in theory.

Beth
2nd August 2010, 18:10
I think we just need to leave the job to the mods and use our own discernment when reading threads.

SteveX
2nd August 2010, 18:15
I think we just need to leave the job to the mods and use our own discernment when reading threads.

I think that’s about right. One can't subjectively edit ones own thread. You'll end up with a bunch of yes men and as for a thumbs up / down system.... that’ll be dependant on the clique.

There is an ignor feature I believe.

jaybee
2nd August 2010, 18:25

Spot on..... thanks!

Even keeping this thread on the first page is a distraction from genuine issues... if you get my meaning... so I won't post on it anymore...

Thinker
2nd August 2010, 18:33
If your paranoid fantasies were to come true, and someone was a little sh-t control freak would you have the ability to ignore them?

If the Agent Provocateur was popular with all his Provocateur buddies would you start your own thread and ignore him?

If someone only allowed “yes” replies could you find someone else to dialog with?

You appear to believe your most effective weapon for dealing with some one you disagree with is to blast them with your knowledge, it’s not. Your most effective weapon is to turn your back and walk away.

end

Decibellistics
2nd August 2010, 18:43
This would be called censorship.

Unless the issue being censored is keeping up with the kardashians and real housewives of new york.......I want no part haha.

You can self censor things. The ability to do so is to either a not view it or b. view it and not allow an emotional reaction occur.....just a simple understanding of the pure ridiculousness of what has been witnessed.

People are constantly being fed **** and or feeding people ****.

The problem with censorship is that the argument turns into a fallacy due to slippery slope. Where do you draw the line.
Well, we can't say ****, because people are offended by ****, which means we are going to have to censor all fart jokes, and now toilet paper is illegal. Completely stupid and made up I know but it is just an example..Use your imaginations.

It's a tricky concept though that certainly requires a debate.
My best example would be a bleeding heart liberal who doesn't want the uglies of the world intruding into their lives. Is it acceptable to censor things that are considered "bad". What about freedom of speech (which to a certain extent is an illusion) but lets try not to get too complicated.
Would this lead to a reality where there is nothing but happy time flower power.....this would have to be a generational endeavor because we as people have seen some pretty fudged up stuff.
Basically it is indoctrination of the youth in a different way of indoctrinating them in the present.

Personally I don't mind when people say silly things that don't matter. I also am not a fan of hiding the uglies of the world from your children.

The question is are you guilt tripping a child with the ugly of the world or are you trying to show them a reality that shouldn't be allowed to continue.

For instance....how do you get a kid to not waste food........Show them a picture of a starving child in Africa and explain the situation to them. The tricky aspect to this one is are you making the child feel bad for wasted food. Don't do that lol. Educate them in a calm manner and explain to them what's up.
How do you teach a kid not to do heroin.....you tell them the scabs on their uncles legs was where his limb was basically rotting off due to overuse of heroin.
If you can teach a kid what causes ugliness, and the effect of it.....then they will have a modest understanding of how to counter the ugly. If they become extremely attached to wanting this change they might genuinely create a beautiful counter-movement to a situation.

The problem is people make people feel bad about things, instead of attempting to educate them in a way that might actually enlighten the person to change their behavior. If my dad didn't say he would kill me if I smoked cigarettes and instead said....hey my dad smoked and he died at 56 of a heart attack....I might not be a smoker.......It's like a mirror.
There is a behavior that you may or may not have witnessed in yourself, and then a mirror shows you what the problem is.....then the person realizes....wow I shouldn't do that because it is silly and absolutely unnecessary. Much easier said than done.

Sorry this may be considered irrelavent and off topic as well....but censorship is an interesting concept because you can get caught up in its spider web of possibility.

I personally think that people should say what they wanna say and if what they say is completely silly......move on. No harm no foul. As long as it isn't malicious and attempting to engage in a typing contest of hate say whatever the hell ya want.

Forum: an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
The problem is subjectivity influences interest differently.

Sorry this was really long and I don't know why.
Censor this **** lol.

greybeard
2nd August 2010, 18:46
Its all perfectly managed as it is.
One mans meat another's poison.
If I start a thread I dont feel its mine, I dont own it.
If Im not in agreement I might comment, others opinions are as valid as mine.
Even though Im right I dont have to be or even prove it.
Its great to have the freedom to be wrong. What ever right or wrong is.
If I go over the score then I wouldent hold it against the moderator who points that out to me.
No one gets barred from the forum with out being reminded of the rules and then repeatedly re offending.
Regards Chris

Thinker
2nd August 2010, 18:51
If a gardener cuts (deletes) every branch on every plant in the garden he won’t have much of a garden. If the gardener leaves every weed to grow and flourish the garden will be ruined also.

If you possess no self control I see why you are afraid of this suggestion.

end

Decibellistics
2nd August 2010, 18:52
Agreed greybeard, well said. Muy bien

Decibellistics
2nd August 2010, 19:06
http://www.natureproducts.net/Ecosystems/Mountain%20forest%20valley.jpg

Now that's a garden LOL It's even got it's own irrigation system....my god

freespirit
2nd August 2010, 19:37
I think we need a new feature for forum software applications.

This new feature would allow the authors of the thread to administer his subject content. The author would see the post, read it decide if it were relevant, off topic, or a complete waist of bits, the author could either leave it as submitted or delete it from the thread. It would virtually eliminate overnight useless comments and focus the discussion on the subject introduced.

This feature would also regulate the author because excessive use would detour others from contributing anything to that user.

Forum moderators would be freed from dealing with most if not all of the BS.

end

Censorship.

Thinker
2nd August 2010, 19:49
For the purpose of discussion let’s say my gardening analogy holds some merit.

I'm sorry you can't distinguish between a forest and a garden. A bit emotional, aren’t we?

Consider this half measure:

The ability of the author of the thread to flag posts as unbeneficial or off-topic. This flag would allow the reader to include or exclude posts considered by the author as unbeneficial or off-topic to the discussion. See the thread with or with out the weeds.

I comprehend censorship but not in this context. Censorship would be accurate if the author could stop decanters from starting their own threads. This ability is currently available to the moderators. Censorship applies when a media outlet only reports one side of a story and the other side is intentionally left out. Like the world we live in now. When each side has a media outlet (forum) of the same size how can censorship be achieved? It can’t. Censorship can only be achieved for as long as it takes to copy and paste the post from one thread to another.

end

Decibellistics
2nd August 2010, 20:37
Your analogy does hold merit. Twas a joke silly goose. So emo ;)

Your second shorter explanation makes much more sense. To give a person an option.

Just for the sake of Devil's Advocate.

Isn't half the battle of researching esoteric topics having to dig through a bunch of bull**** until you find that gold nugget of truth.

Though I digress, I say if that's something you're super interested in, learn how to do the programming and coding for an operation of the such and give the coding to the moderators.

Thinker
2nd August 2010, 21:02
Its all perfectly managed as it is.
One mans meat another's poison.
If I start a thread I dont feel its mine, I dont own it.
If Im not in agreement I might comment, others opinions are as valid as mine.
Even though Im right I dont have to be or even prove it.
Its great to have the freedom to be wrong. What ever right or wrong is.
If I go over the score then I wouldent hold it against the moderator who points that out to me.
No one gets barred from the forum with out being reminded of the rules and then repeatedly re offending.
Regards Chris

Why are you talking about "barred from the forum"?

greybeard
2nd August 2010, 21:16
Why are you talking about "barred from the forum"?
Barred
Its in the context of the safeguards that are built into the rules of this forum as mentioned in my post.
So my point is that there is no need for additional safe guards such as you have sugested.
Not every one has English as a first language so there is some misunderstanding in threads, sometimes people do go off at a tangent and are not strictly speaking on topic but their post is relevant to them and some times to others.
Some times a thread develops within a thread for a few posts -- no harm done--- it always gets back on track sooner or later.
All im saying is that the system works reasonably well, no need to complicate it.
Chris

morguana
2nd August 2010, 21:27
http://www.natureproducts.net/Ecosystems/Mountain%20forest%20valley.jpg

Now that's a garden LOL It's even got it's own irrigation system....my god

totally agree with this post decibellistics,
sorry thinker but think your idea may need to go back to the drawing board and be tweeked somewhat
however i would say that i see the smooth workings of a forum everyones responcability and would like to say that self moderation and mutral respect being the building blocks on any level of connected adult comunication.
also forgiveness and understanding is paramount.
so rather than threads being moderated by the op, i suggest that people think before they post and see that there is someone on the other side of the computor.
m

Kulapops
2nd August 2010, 23:23
3.DARE to say NO to Narcissistic Luciferian Elitists!

Erm... No !!

Or should that be ... Noooooooooooooo !

Having a thread where I can delete anyone's response if I don't like it seems extremely narcissistic and elistist to me. Do you see the irony here, Thinker?

Someone else who is interested in your thread might agree with my point of view even if you don't.

Take this post for example. Would you get out the cutting room scissors now? Would anyone ever know that I disagree ?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, not saying that having 'what if' threads is not an excellent idea.. in fact you could spawn a real brain-child this way. But censorship is not the way to rid the world of idiots and the uninformed. Why, your brilliance would not shine so brightly without them,

:0)

K

Celine
2nd August 2010, 23:33
forgiveness and understanding is paramount.
so rather than threads being moderated by the op, i suggest that people think before they post and see that there is someone on the other side of the computor.
m

it is sad that many people online treat others with extreme disrespect.

we are all supposedly awake and enlightned people...frustrates me when lack of compassion fills a post..

i dissagree with the OP but i do think the threads need more monitoring ..

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Did you ever see that Twilight Zone episode where a child had absolute power to delete anyone and everything that did not agree with him? It wasn't long before everyone that was left in his world was in complete agreement with him. Not much of a world to experience was left.

I think that was in the movie....But i agree that is a good analogy here

Richard
3rd August 2010, 00:00
Is what the OP refers to censorship? sounds like it. Though it pulls on the anarchical side too if you ask me.

Thinker: The closest thing to what you referred to in post 16 under "half measure" is the existing reputation system, it allows members to let the author of any post know how it jives with them without doing so in open forum or pm.

Peace

Thinker
3rd August 2010, 15:02
This thread has been more educational than I anticipated.

“We don’t relate to others as they are, we relate to others as we are.”

In the above posts I hear the fallowing:

Fear of being responsible
Fear of being dominated
Fear of entering the Twilight Zone
Fear of dictatorship
Fear of being deleted for disagreeing
Fear of loosing control
Fear of being out of control
Fear of loss of freedom
Fear of being censored

I see two shining stars who know how to communicate responsibly. Thank you.

I think I’m going to look for something more productive to do with my time.

Thank you all for your honest and uncensored opinions. It’s been very educational.

end

unplugged
3rd August 2010, 15:35
In the above posts I hear the fallowing:

Fear of being responsible
Fear of being dominated
Fear of entering the Twilight Zone
Fear of dictatorship
Fear of being deleted for disagreeing
Fear of loosing control
Fear of being out of control
Fear of loss of freedom
Fear of being censored

I don't hear or perceive any of these things. Perhaps this is because one cannot perceive that with which one lacks resonance.

Taken to the extreme why limit censorship to mere posts? Why not delete entire threads? Or better yet scrub entire topics. Heck, why stop there! Obliterate entire categories! If such cleansing is insufficient then one can initiate total and complete eradication of perspectives one finds less than up to par simply by banning or revoking membership of all offending souls. Of course one can avoid all these distressing "off topic" comments by simply ending membership in forums and opting to write a book instead. But that might be perceived as a bit extreme as such action only affects one solitary being whereas censorship, of necessity, requires subjugation of the whole to the dictates of the few.

Kulapops
3rd August 2010, 15:47
Yep.. and I spot another common one in your list, Thinker...

'fear'...

it doesn't have to be that way... but you're right... everything is reflections.. we can't see anything we don't know in ourselves. Which is pretty cool, because we're all one anyway. As soon as we realise that the struggle is within, not without...well, we get to know ourselves better at least. Actually, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, does it? So why remove posts at all? Do negative posts affect us? Should they?

K

Celine
3rd August 2010, 15:53
I agree kulapops..

Fear...one of the hardest "states of mind", imo..to balance.

Does negativity affect us? i would say yes...

should it? well.. thats another topic ..

Pan
3rd August 2010, 15:54

Its a good book and a great Simpson episode as well.

Sorry OP, I can't agree with the idea.

I still believe the idea behind a forum should be the exchange of ideas between "experts" or people with a common goal. (fill that in as you want)
Fora are just current day incarnations of the greek forum. Wich was an open debate.

I think if you want to get away from the concept of open debate, that communication through blogging would be better suited.

Kulapops
3rd August 2010, 16:13
I think if you want to get away from the concept of open debate, that communication through blogging would be better suited.

That's an absolute brainwave Pan. Great idea. Why didn't I think of that?? One way communication to the masses.

I still don't understand why I use a forum. But I like the greek analogy. I can just see me poncing about the pantheon in me toga... telling anyone who will listen my uniformed opinion on everything.

Imagine... a dissenter in the crowd...to which I cry.. " Euuh..will someone please remove this commoner from the floor.. or Ei shell hef to take me o-pin-ions elsewhere!"

Love this life...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOOvA1QqgO0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOOvA1QqgO0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh.. I have to go do some hoovering... sorry...

Thinker
3rd August 2010, 17:00
Do you know the difference between “acting” and “reacting”?

Are you able to recognize the difference when you are the one “acting” or “reacting”?

Acting is when knowledge and wisdom guide your actions.
Reacting is when you’re conditioning and programming controls your actions.

Examples:
The way sleeping people respond to the words “conspiracy” or “anarchy”. Don’t play dumb, you know what I’m talking about.

These people have no awareness their actions are the result of conditioning.

Remember the movie Dr. Strangelove (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/). The General ordering a nuclear strike on Russia is blaming Fluoride in the drinking water. Who wants to take the position of a crazy General in a movie called Dr. Strangelove? You’d have to be a nutter to think there was a problem with Fluoride. The result of that conditioning has Fluoride in drinking water all over the West.

Have we been conditioned to react? Yes. Have we recognized our conditioning and accepted responsibility for it? You decide.

Are the posts here the result of acting or reacting? You decide.

end

Decibellistics
3rd August 2010, 17:40
Agreed. Thinker. Action versus reaction

The jungle picture is hinting towards anarchy ya know ;)

The best way to tell I believe a reactionary instance, would be your gut.
Your stomach may feel as if someone is trying to tear out your intestines......if you act on that emotional signal, you are actually reacting to a chemical response in your brain and a frequency being emitted from a person. Therefore limiting the ability for a hasty reaction based on the feeling you receive from a statement all in all will be a benefit.

There are people out there that also attempt to pull these reactions from people on purpose....this is called being an energy vampire.....they get off on that gut feeling, whereas most people, it makes them feel sick. They often times make people feel bad i.e. guilt trips, passing judgement, twist a situation to their own benefit in an attempt to make the people around them feel stupid....things of the such.

I dunno......As long as you all know that you are already dead.......none of this really matters. If you don't like a situation, you are free to leave it as you please without regret or recrimination. Death is a hell of an ally. He let's you know what's necessary.

Tango
3rd August 2010, 17:46
I Like this post... Hmmmmmmmm..... Acting w/ knowledge..... Reacting with .......

YES... I, LIKE, Thinkers... The, Feelers; ARE, way over-rated...

Trooly,

Tango

Do you know the difference between “acting” and “reacting”?

Are you able to recognize the difference when you are the one “acting” or “reacting”?

Acting is when knowledge and wisdom guide your actions.
Reacting is when you’re conditioning and programming controls your actions.

Examples:
The way sleeping people respond to the words “conspiracy” or “anarchy”. Don’t play dumb, you know what I’m talking about.

These people have no awareness their actions are the result of conditioning.

Remember the movie Dr. Strangelove (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/). The General ordering a nuclear strike on Russia is blaming Fluoride in the drinking water. Who wants to take the position of a crazy General in a movie called Dr. Strangelove? You’d have to be a nutter to think there was a problem with Fluoride. The result of that conditioning has Fluoride in drinking water all over the West.

Have we been conditioned to react? Yes. Have we recognized our conditioning and accepted responsibility for it? You decide.

Are the posts here the result of acting or reacting? You decide.

end

Celine
3rd August 2010, 17:53
Everything needs to be balance..

Thinking and Feeling go hand in hand.

HORIZONS
4th August 2010, 00:00
Everything needs to be balance..

Thinking and Feeling go hand in hand.

I think and feel that this is a correct perspective.

MariaDine
4th August 2010, 00:48
The right to freedom of speech and expression ....

«I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. »

SteveX
4th August 2010, 07:30
The right to freedom of speech and expression ....

«I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. »

and then it will be taken down twisted around and used in evidence against you. ;)

Part of an open forum is debate. I cannot see the advantage of deleting responses to my threads. :tape2:

What if what I am trying to convey is flawed? Wouldn't it be in my interest to have this pointed out?

If I didn't want opinions I may as well Blog (talk to a brick wall) in that case.

John Parslow
4th August 2010, 08:31
Hell Thinker

Smacks of censorship to me or perhaps this post is irrelevant.

Love and peace to you my friend. JP :cool:

Thinker
5th August 2010, 05:05
You all seem so bold when you are anonymous.

How bold are you with your freedom of speech in public?

My invitation is being ignored. Have you lost your nerve?

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4545-What’s-more-Dangerous-than-a-Bank-Robber-with-an-Automatic-Weapon

Not one of you has considered that I am talking about editing (like editing a video) not censorship. You assume I'm talking about censorship because you fear that, not because I have done that. If my intention was censorship, I would not have made the suggestion, because I would have known in advance you would not accept that nor would I.

end

Bill Ryan
5th August 2010, 05:08

"Have you lost your nerve?", you ask. Do please set an example by posting your full name, and real photo. We'd all be interested to see it.

I have already.

I bet you don't. :)

Pan
5th August 2010, 07:52

Not one of you has considered that I am talking about editing (like editing a video) not censorship.

I think you are intentionally not getting it.
I and a few others already explained to you that a forum is an open debate.

If you want to edit posts, you are dealing with a wikipedia type of structure.
If you want full control of the information then you need a blog.

I'd even go a little bit further and say that none of your posts had any relevance after your opening post.
So excuse me for having some doubts about your motivations.

Instead of offering empty rhetoric try having a normal talk.
And I'm not being mean, just calling it as I see it.

Have a really good day. :)

John Parslow
5th August 2010, 09:26
Hello thinker

I didn't sign up to be anonymous, my details and mugshot are available for all to see. Sometimes I am right and sometimes wrong but I do have the courage of my convictions.

Love and peace to you my friend. JP :cool:

greybeard
5th August 2010, 09:46
My own point of view is that even posts that go off at a tangent on any of the few threads I have started have been helpful to some one, just a question of sharing.
Posts that have been contrary or a challenge to any view I hold have been good, in that they make me examine the validity of what I believe to be so.
Like some others on the forum I use my own picture and my home town and age is here too, so Im not anonymous either.
its a thought provking thread Thinker thanks for starting it.
Regards chris

ps the mods follow up anyone who is disrespectful or breaking the forum guide lines ad take appropriate action.
Thanks to all of them they do a great job
C

Kulapops
5th August 2010, 10:10
The game is not debate here...

Pan
5th August 2010, 10:16
The game is not debate here...

If its not then people should make a better effort to state their intentions.

But I learned my lesson with this thread.

Kulapops
5th August 2010, 10:25
yes quite.... mining people's emotional responses, there should be a name for that !

Celine
5th August 2010, 10:52
Yes..deleting posts because of an emotional response is irresponsible..

though i have never seen a MOD do that here...i have seen MODS from sub-forums do it.

Hence why i think sub forum MODS should not be allowed to delete posts of others

I tend to agree to both sides here...i think the OP has a right to demand that the MODS keep their threads on topic...i do not think deleting should be done "lightly".

it creates distrust.

i am still waiting to see Thinker respond to the anonymous claim...

whats your real name thinker? where do you live and what are your travel plans?

be well.
love,
celine

Kulapops
5th August 2010, 10:59
Celine.. I'm actually talking about something else. Sorry if it was cryptic... I mean the game is... create a thread with an emotionally charged point of debate, let people comment on that, then comment strongly on their comments...then stand back and watch the chaos unfold... for page after page... the point is not about the original point of debate, but about getting people to defend their views defensively or aggressively. Doesn't matter which, as long as there is an emotional charge to enjoy...for the OP...

Celine
5th August 2010, 11:02
oh yes...his "tactic" is obvious... i agree.

lightpotential
5th August 2010, 12:41
I would very much like to think that I understand exactly where Thinker is coming from. And I think we have all been there.

My reading of his post is that he is trying to say that sometimes a person may compose a message that they have thought a lot about, and put great effort into. And then, a number of posters will write-in responses that seem to be all too brief, casual and off-topic (even attempting to be humorous perhaps), demonstrating that they did not ‘get’ the opening post, much to the consternation of the one who wrote it. From this the Thread quickly goes away from where it was intended, and not to the benefit of anyone.

Would not the person who had started that Thread think to themselves…if only I had absolute power to just delete some of those superfluous comments that appear a distraction and of no use to anyone; that merely ‘contaminate’ the discussion. Those casual pointless ill-thought out comments, which just did not have the effort put into them as my original post (at least in their opinion).

I think all of us understand this.

However, on the issue of should people be granted absolute editorial power over every thread they start, my view is: absolutely not.

If it were done this is what would happen:

You would get a person set up a thread, delete some posts to it they do not like. The person who had had their posts deleted would of course be outraged, and set up his own thread – which of course he would have absolute control over – and then post everything in it that had been deleted from the other thread, just so people ‘know what outrage had happened’…to the Nth degree.

People would thus ‘go to war’ in the forum. Accusations of editing would run rampant.

And also, Agent Provocateurs would seize the opportunity to start up threads purely for distraction, and swamp the board with them.

Ultimately then, I would say that things have to remain as they are and the MODS should police things. If the suggested change were made, the forum would disintegrate.

Keith

Thinker
5th August 2010, 18:01
"Have you lost your nerve?", you ask. Do please set an example by posting your full name, and real photo. We'd all be interested to see it.

I have already.

I bet you don't. :)

Bill, why is it that everything you challenge me on serves the NWO agenda?

When I suggest a method of Top-kill of the Gulf oil “spill”, you tell me you have special information that makes Top-kill impossible. The best thing to do is sit and wait a couple of months. Top-kill did the job. Waiting serves the NWO.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=3425

When I attempt to point out that mind control is the root of the problem we face. You assume I am advocating Anarchy and tell me I am as bad as Jordan Maxwell (whatever that means). Anarchy is the antithesis of Fascism and dreaded by the NWO Controlling Elite.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3974-GovernMENT

Now you want me to post my personal information and photo... To get on this forum I was required to open a none yahoo, google, hotmail email account. But you want me to ignore these precautions your forum puts in place. Does this serve the assumed cause of Avalon or the NWO? I didn’t ask anyone to provide their identity. Or, do I have this backwards, and by not using google, hotmail, yahoo with their teams of layers the NWO has easy access to our information?

I invited people to educate the police and government officials in their home towns not expose themselves on this forum. You ignore this suggestion and fail to show you even read the thread I linked to. Does ignoring my invitation to go out to the police and challenging me to expose my identity serve the assumed Avalon cause or the NWO?

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4545-What’s-more-Dangerous-than-a-Bank-Robber-with-an-Automatic-Weapon

Are you afraid people will accept my invitation to educate police and government offices? Would such an effort make a difference and pose a problem for your agenda?

The greatest contribution you make with your Forum and Interviews is bizzy work and distraction from activities that could make a real difference. Does this surve the assumed Avolon agenda or the NWO?

Bill, who are you working for?

end

Decibellistics
5th August 2010, 19:55
I think the ****ing point is being missed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQQlyJjBvcE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQQlyJjBvcE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyone else feel that tingly feeling on the back of your neck. Pay attention to that.

"Feeling important makes one heavy, clumsy and vain. To be a warrior one needs to be light and fluid."

"The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior."

"The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue."

"The world is incomprehensible. We won't ever understand it; we won't ever unravel its secrets. Thus we must treat the world as it is: a sheer mystery."

"We hardly ever realize that we can cut anything out of our lives, anytime, in the blink of an eye."

"Whenever a warrior decides to do something, he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them."

Just some food for thought. Me love you all long time.

By the way, Danney Carey is the bomb lol such a good drummer

Kulapops
5th August 2010, 23:00
Love the post about the warrior, Decibellistics. Thanks for that. Wise words indeed.

seeingterra
5th August 2010, 23:36

end

First of all, it's quite clear why you are here, and if I am wrong you are not coming across as very intelligent in this thread.
In regard to who Bill is working for I can safely say that he is most defiantly a "lone gunman" , and the only one over his head is his hat..

This is completely off track, I am sad this kind of posting still goes on..

So if Bill is "working for someone", what about myself?

It's nice working your arse off and all you get back is crap like this, at least I know what I am doing (to the extent you can working with Camelot ;) )

Regarding the actual topic:
A topic\post rating system would perhaps be nice, that could perhaps also be helpful for the mods.. Just a thought..

Peace be with you all!

All the best,

Tommy

Bill Ryan
6th August 2010, 06:14
Bill, why is it that everything you challenge me on serves the NWO agenda?

When I suggest a method of Top-kill of the Gulf oil “spill”, you tell me you have special information that makes Top-kill impossible. The best thing to do is sit and wait a couple of months. Top-kill did the job. Waiting serves the NWO.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=3425

When I attempt to point out that mind control is the root of the problem we face. You assume I am advocating Anarchy and tell me I am as bad as Jordan Maxwell (whatever that means). Anarchy is the antithesis of Fascism and dreaded by the NWO Controlling Elite.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3974-GovernMENT

Now you want me to post my personal information and photo... To get on this forum I was required to open a none yahoo, google, hotmail email account. But you want me to ignore these precautions your forum puts in place. Does this serve the assumed cause of Avalon or the NWO? I didn’t ask anyone to provide their identity. Or, do I have this backwards, and by not using google, hotmail, yahoo with their teams of layers the NWO has easy access to our information?

I invited people to educate the police and government officials in their home towns not expose themselves on this forum. You ignore this suggestion and fail to show you even read the thread I linked to. Does ignoring my invitation to go out to the police and challenging me to expose my identity serve the assumed Avalon cause or the NWO?

Are you afraid people will accept my invitation to educate police and government offices? Would such an effort make a difference and pose a problem for your agenda?

The greatest contribution you make with your Forum and Interviews is bizzy work and distraction from activities that could make a real difference. Does this surve the assumed Avolon agenda or the NWO?

end

"Thinker", you are arrogant and immature.

Your first post, which proposed a simplistic method to cap the wild well, supposed that you had thought of a way to accomplish something that hundreds of engineers with thousands of man-years of experience between them had missed. You'd done no research at all and thought that you knew best. Not a good start.

You didn't even understand the little point I made comparing you to Jordan Maxwell. It's because you stated clearly as a fact that the "MENT" suffix to certain words implied mind control, believing that the suffix related to mens, mentis, Latin for Mind.

The etymology is actually different, and again, you'd not done your research (it only takes a moment to check that on Google). In that respect you were as bad as Jordan, who also confuses his etymology - as a number of people have pointed out.

When you berated members of this forum for hiding behind anonymity, I challenged you to be the change you wished to see. Seems you're not up to that. That's okay - but don't taunt others.

My sincere advice: quit acting like you're smart - when you're not quite as smart as you believe.

You want to know who I work for? Give me a break. If that's a serious question, leave this forum now.

end

Swanny
6th August 2010, 07:33
Thinker you can have all the options and power you want.
It's easy just set up your own forum then you can have total control over what people say
If you don't like it here sling your hook :p

What's all this "end" business about??? :confused:

greybeard
6th August 2010, 08:21
Language was never "designed" for on line communication.
When face to face 80% of the communication is non verbal so on line we are missing a lot, however in the main it works well.
There is the problem of essence and context eve i a small country like Scotland, 6 million inhabitants, a word can have a subtly different meaning from district to district.
Most of us dont go about with the dictionary meaning of words in our head but the common usage of the word as spoken by our friends.
If a friend here in Scotland used "end" as thinker has the reaction would be. Oh thats a statement no discussion possible, I know I am right, I will only accept agreement to prove im right, kind of posture.
In other words a rigid position
If the friend was smiling then that would be a totally different essence and therefore meaning would be changed radically.
Just perhaps thinker means end of post. Bending over backwards, smiling
Regards Chris

Thinker
6th August 2010, 22:59
You want to know who I work for? Give me a break. If that's a serious question, leave this forum now.

end

No, it was not a serious question because; you can not prove a negative any more than I can.

The serious question was dropped, as usual. Why is it that four out of four times you want me / us to do what works for the NWO rather than the people?

The entomology of words is an argument for NWO minions to ridicule people like Jordan Maxwell, Bill Cooper, or David Icke and apparently me too now. They wait till you make a technical error which is likely inevitable and then pounce on the technicality and diminish the balance of the conversation. This makes it five out of five times you do what serves the NWO.

What is so screwed up in your feeble mind that you don’t see the folly in attacking your users?

You don’t seem to comprehend how powerful you are. Posting against you is like David and Goliath. Stop being a bully and start acting like a responsible forum leader you claim you want to be. Failure to do that means you are a fraud, and I’m calling you on it!

As far as leaving the forum, you can delete my account any time you want to censor me.

Ironic isn’t it, that all the users are up-in-arms about censorship and you want to silence me permanently. Chalk it up to synchronicity, because as you point out I’m not smart enough to make this happen.

Thank you graybeard, for your insight. My only intention for "end" is to declare you have reached the end of my post. I don't like how some forum apps. close the post without a "new line" and I use "end” to format my post.

end

Celine
7th August 2010, 02:54
What's all this "end" business about??? :confused:

my guess is "end transmission "

¤=[Post Update]=¤

What is so screwed up in your feeble mind that you don’t see the folly in attacking your users?

This is like insulting someone while sitting in that persons livingroom

post reported

Richard
7th August 2010, 03:00
I Think it time to end this silliness

-CLOSED-