PDA

View Full Version : Traveler's Safety Alert

xbusymom
3rd August 2010, 01:05
I got this in an email today... please pass along to all the women you know (and everyone else too)
-----------------------------------
Subject: Another Threat to Women ~ Never hurts to pass it along.

On the way to Canton , driving on Michigan Avenue , on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Canton PD and they were going to check it out. This is what I was told...

"Several things to be aware of .. gangs and thieves, are now plotting different ways to get a person to "stop" their vehicle.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local police department that gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the baby. Note that the location of this car seat will usually be beside a wooded or grassy (field) area ...and the person - woman - will be dragged into the woods- beaten and raped- usually left for dead. DO NOT STOP . DIAL 9-1-1 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD. DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5% YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THIEVES. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS. PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used and I would hate for anyone to fall victim to this kind of crime.

Please be safe

Beth
3rd August 2010, 01:10
Thanks xbusy. From the sounds of it (Canton and Michigan Ave) this is the town next to mine. I didn't hear about this, but thanks for the heads up.

Anchor
3rd August 2010, 02:12
Follow your heart. If true, the author did just that and probably avoided unnecessary hassle.

I am sure if it really were a baby, those that follow their inner voice, would have stopped and rescued it.

Avoid fear.

John..

Rimbaud
3rd August 2010, 04:04
You poor sad Americans...you really are pathetic aren't you? You've sponsored terrorism for decades and now your ghosts are coming back to haunt you...Well you reap what you have sowed all of these years, yet you expect sympathy. Well guess what..you aren't getting any, from anyone so hard luck

Rimbaud

Beth
3rd August 2010, 04:16
Rim, that mason training that you so staunchly defend as being loving and benevolent has done you so much good. You sound so kind and giving.

Tuza
3rd August 2010, 05:02
You poor sad Americans...you really are pathetic aren't you? You've sponsored terrorism for decades and now your ghosts are coming back to haunt you...Well you reap what you have sowed all of these years, yet you expect sympathy. Well guess what..you aren't getting any, from anyone so hard luck

Rimbaud

I don't blame everyone in every country for what the controllers do, otherwise I would still be really pissed off with all the French for coming out our way and testing nine bloody nuke bombs on our door step, then once they knew these tests went askew, they have backed off into their hidey hole again and shut up.

Although I applaud the French everyday people for taking action in the streets against the ptb when their annoyed with something in their backyard.

Goldenserenity
3rd August 2010, 06:23
You poor sad Americans... Rimbaud

Thank you for your sympathetic concern for us Americans Rimbaud! :) :usa2:

I just checked out this story on Snopes.com, and it is a false story they say

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

Luke
3rd August 2010, 06:24
(...)
Although I applaud the French everyday people for taking action in the streets against the ptb when their annoyed with something in their backyard.
Hope you just do not red what are those protests about (entitlements and more entitlements, and let somebody else pays). And now some politician there want to commemorate Lenin and Mao with statues. Fitting.
There is no "our govt are bad, they are good". Every single govt is criminal one, and every single one sponsors terrorism openly or covertly.
Without organized crime and terrorism there is hard to sell militarized police, eavesdropping, mail reading and and all the forms of invasion of privacy.
Same tactic with GMO food, unemployment, banks you name it. We're so far from"normal" we don't know what the normal is.

Clueless masses will swallow anything covered in highly emotional package.

I'd say better check if this "warning" is a real one or something fabricated to get more cash for "boys in blue".
EDIT: I just saw Goldenserenity's post. Precisely what I expected.

Tuza
3rd August 2010, 06:37
I see Rimbaud is now a registered member and posting on the Camelot forum. :rolleyes:

Celine
3rd August 2010, 06:41

Rimbaud

You know...politics aside...

the intent of this thread is to HELP women avoid assault....

prejudism takes ANY weight your statement might have had, away.

Majorion
3rd August 2010, 07:01
Well if those reports are true then the cops should get off their asses and do their job where they're supposed to be *protecting* people. They're all the same these police no matter where in the world, lazy and corrupt. More interested in giving out tickets than protecting citizens or eliminating actual crime.

josie
3rd August 2010, 07:06
people, people, PEOPLE!!!

please don't shoot from the hip. this forum is already on shaky ground, let's try and post things with at least some research (and common sense) behind them.

"we" have real things to worry about. this is NOT one of them.

"gangs" are the least of our worries in america.

here, from snopes.com:

Variations: A March 2010 version combined the "fake baby in a blood soaked car seat" warning with one about eggs being thrown at motorists' windshields.

Origins: This late 2009 warning about gangs engaging in a "National Gang Week" scheme of using bloody car seats as lures to trick unsuspecting female motorists out of their cars, then beating and raping them, carries all the hallmarks of numerous other gang-related urban legends:

* Gangs throughout the U.S. participate in some sort of organized nationwide scheme to engage in mayhem during a designated time period (e.g., the "Halloween gang initiation" legend).

* Gangs regularly target random, innocent victims for murder, typically as part of an initiation scheme for new members (e.g., the "flashing headlights" legend).

* Gangs engage in a variety of schemes to lure random motorists out of their cars in order to beat, rob, or kill them (e.g., placing tire-puncturing spikes in shopping mall parking lots, affixing plastic baskets to the undersides of targeted vehicles, festooning cars' windshields with flyers, acting as if they were drunk or had been struck by other cars, or hurling bricks or other objects at automobiles).

* Gangs particularly target random, innocent (usually white) women (e.g., WalMart shoppers and gas station customers).

We have not turned up any reports of any gangs (much less simultaneous efforts by gangs all across the country) using car seats as lures to entice motorists out of their vehicles, nor do any of our police contacts recall encountering any such activity.

The agency to whom the above-quoted warning has been attributed, the Tennessee Department of Corrections, issued a disclaimer stating that it could not be substantiated:
According to a press release from the Tennessee Department of Corrections, an email is being circulated regarding recent gang activity. The email, TDOC officials say, "cannot be supported by current [TDOC] intelligence."

The email did come from a department employee. It is not, however, an official TDOC statement.

The email states that gang members are using a new method to target women that involves sitting a baby car seat on the side of the road and attacking women as they approach.

The statement from TDOC follows:

"While the TDOC recognizes the gang element that extends to members housed in state correctional facilities, we cannot substantiate any claims made in the recent email transmission."

The public is advised to use caution when forwarding emails that do not appear to be official documents.
Another agency to whom the e-mail has been attributed, the Harrisonburg [Virginia] Police Department, stated that it "cannot verify the information in these messages" and advised recipients "please do not send them to anyone else."

Yet another law enforcement agency dragged into the fray was the Police Department in Edmond, Oklahoma. The signature block of one of its officers, Sgt. Scott Fees, has been attached to the mailing, causing some who've received it to believe the caution was a genuine warning issued by local law enforcement. Said its spokeswoman Glynda Chu, the e-mail is "not true" and that "It is a shame people will go to such lengths to frighten people and that they would go as far as to cut and paste Sgt. Fees' name to a hoax to make it look legitimate."

Last updated: 14 June 2010

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2010 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson.
This material may not be reproduced without permission.
snopes and the snopes.com logo are registered service marks of snopes.com.

Sources:

McGowin, Mallory. "Fake Email Preys on Good Samaritans."
KRCG-TV [Jefferson City, MO]. 28 December 2009.

Schlachtenhaufen, Mark. "Hoax E-mail Singles Out Edmond Officer."
Edmond Sun [Edmond, OK]. 10 February 2010.

TriCities.com. "Tenn. Department of Corrections Warns Against False Emails."
10 December 2009.

WHSV-TV [Harrisonburg, VA]. "HPD Issues Warning About Gang-Related Texts and E-Mails."
10 December 2009.

PS: rimbaud? america isn't so easily definable. you obviously, haven't done your homework. sorta like avalon as a whole sometimes :)

josie
3rd August 2010, 07:24

i beg to differ,,, filling women's heads with false fears only makes us less able to face the real ones.

this one, for an example, is not real. therefore, it does not help women at all. it hurts, instead.

Celine
3rd August 2010, 07:29
that is great research...

and even if right...i still believe the intent was positive...i doubt the OP's intent was to harm women..

it seems this agitated you, this is understandable to me.

Any "attack" on women...or anyone....whether from an obvious source or not... needs to be "outed"

Luke
3rd August 2010, 08:22
Key to safety is awareness, not fearing every shadow.

There is fine line to walk there, as we are taught to be emotionally unstable and to ignore real issues in the same time.

Every criminal, both freelancer AND govt-licensed one is using victim's lack of practical knowledge (on the long run).

Attacks need to be outed, not only ones on women, but not to spread panic but to "out" patterns that will tell you, you're in real danger BEFORE you'll get yourself in vulnerable position.

That means your immediate surroundings but also ways things work in general. Like where to expect gang warfare. What motivates it. How does it spread. Especially last part is sometimes hard to swallow for well meaning do-gooders.

yiolas
3rd August 2010, 10:29
Well if those reports are true then the cops should get off their asses and do their job where they're supposed to be *protecting* people. They're all the same these police no matter where in the world, lazy and corrupt. More interested in giving out tickets than protecting citizens or eliminating actual crime.

I'm with Majorion on this one, for once ! If they devoted only 50% of their time to protection and crime elimination instead of only 'income production' for the state, then we wouldn't have to worry about these kinds of criminals.

Thank-you XbusyMom, for that bit of info. If I still lived in the States, I might have been naive enough to actually stop and check out the car seat. America is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. What spoils it all is the 1 or 2 percent of the population that is criminal.

MorningSong
3rd August 2010, 12:24
I fully believe that a "gang" tactic like this could be used to stop some motorists. And I have heard of the "eggs on the windshield" being used here in Italy....

I want to warn you all of a real situation that I "lived" as a teenager:

One evening, a senior(17-18yo) at my highschool boarding school went to get gas, pumped it herself, went in to pay, came out, got back into her car.... and felt a gun barrel on her neck and a male vioce ordering her to drive.... The guy raped her in a secluded part of town and left her half conscious on the back seat of the car.....

So, lock your car even if you leave it for a few minutes, just a feet away from you, in a well lighted/populated lot!

Snowbird
3rd August 2010, 15:23

Rimbaud

Hi Rimbaud. I'm just curious, are you referring to the American military machine and/or the American government and/or the CIA?

Your post above is filled with animosity. Why would someone include in that animosity the mostly innocent people of the U.S. or any country who do not make decisions to harm others or go out of their way to destroy or form Empire? Why would someone, anyone, strike out at these?

xbusymom
4th August 2010, 04:40
SaiCO:
Key to safety is awareness, not fearing every shadow.

Josie:

i beg to differ,,, filling women's heads with false fears only makes us less able to face the real ones.

this one, for an example, is not real. therefore, it does not help women at all. it hurts, instead.

I thought this forum was for informing people of possible dangers... am I to understand that this subject does not RANK high enough to be considered valid...

I agree that it certainly doesn’t stand up to the dire doomsday predictions of worldwide CME ... listed in these threads...
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4518-Coronal-Mass-Ejection-Headed-for-Earth
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4482-Earth-Directed-CME-Eastern-Limb-Active-Regions-%28August-1%29

or the dreaded fake presidential dossier...
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4524-MORE-LIES-OBAMA-says-his-father-served-in-World-War-II

... nor the fearsome NWO movies threat...
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?3374-Top-10-NWO-Conspiracy-Related-Movies

ya know... guys... I am getting kinda tired of EVERY thread I start being rejected until someone else comes up with the SAME topic 2 days later...

I just spent the last two years as a school bus driver, and every monthly safety meeting was packed with reiterations of knowing what the POSSIBLE dangers might be and being PREPARED (not scared) so the drivers could be thinking about – and planning - how to do things SAFELY (differently than a knee-jerk response)...

I am sorry this turned out to be a false alarm... but the message is the same as other VALID / POPULAR threads...

be prepared for the unexpected... and how do we do that if we have ZERO information on certain topics...

If the info HELPS someone be ‘safe rather than sorry’ then I am gonna stick it up here... and if it never happens to you ... consider yourself blessed...

DUH (rant over...)

Celine
4th August 2010, 04:43
*celine claps * well said..

i support empowering women, and any discussion that leads to education is a worthy topic for a thread

Beth
4th August 2010, 04:52
*celine claps * well said..

i support empowering women, and any discussion that leads to education is a worthy topic for a thread

Agreed. Thank you xbusy for looking out for us!

Humble Janitor
4th August 2010, 06:08

Rimbaud

With all due respect, it's a false story. I suggest you check out snopes before you diss Americans.

Thank you.

MorningSong
4th August 2010, 09:54
With the changing energies we're all going through at this time, we all here at Avalon KNOW that there are those people who will react to this energy in a very negative way, mostly because of FEAR or GREED... just read the local headlines of familial and passional crimes taking place. The "unawakened" populations are going nuts! And this is only the beginning!

I have always believed that in order to combat an enemy, you must first KNOW him! Only with a clear head and a prepared mind can we protect ourselves, be it from a CME, NWO, evil UFOs or outraged/confused humans.

The origin of the OP is not the topic here, I don't think... we're talking about SAFETY in an ever growing UNsafe environment.

Hugs to ya, Xbusymom! You're doing fine!

xbusymom
4th August 2010, 12:06
josie:
"we" have real things to worry about. this is NOT one of them.

this is NOT about people just blindly passing on stories of fear-mongering... this is about being aware and being prepared...

josie:
"gangs" are the least of our worries in America

ARE they???

who was it (George Green – I think?) that predicted that TPTB would allow the ‘gangs’ free reign in the cities for the purpose (and privilege) of ‘solving the problem’ with more police action? Have we arrived at the ‘phase 2’ step?

why do people WATCH the horror movies? why do people BUY AND PLAY war-type video games? why do people PRACTICE on the shooting range? why do people PRACTICE in the martial arts (karate, etc.) classes?

Steven
4th August 2010, 13:38

Rimbaud

I am not here to educate you Rimbaud. At your age, you should be able to make a distinction between people and government. Especially in a country where there is so much infiltration by a 'secret governement' into the nation's affairs.

'What comes out of the mouth overflow the heart'. I bet you are only showing the tip of your anger. I suggest you change your thoughts about the poeple of the United States. I also suggest you apologize for your jugement, If you have no will to apologize, then I suggest you to stop posting. You do not have to be member of this forum to read it.

I wonder if you are purposefully doing it to be banned, as it was your wish in your thread about the banning of Blue777... Or is it unconscious?

Your post has been reported.

Namaste, Steven

Celine
4th August 2010, 13:43
It amazes me how people who talk about spiritual growth... love...light...can behave with such animosity and prejudism.

How can we as a society grow, if we accept this kind of behavior?

I do not. I pledge to change the world today...starting with my world.

When someone says something mean "as a joke" i wont let it slide..

When people are walking past the truth and ignoring it... whether it be about violent gangs..or the truism of a street person....I will raise my voice.

Thank you steven for reporting that post...

THIRDEYE
4th August 2010, 14:10
TO RIMBAUDS POST.....i clearly think of the safety of women in general,yes this rehtoric maybe gang related,yes we are americans its not the poeple for say its the goverment,yes there are alot of bad people who are american civilians,i will agree to that as far as sympathty goes rimbaud,ive got empathy for you,i think your post was pathetic,im not going to attack your character,its a karhmic thing and i do not wish to involve myself with fear mongoring,i wish not to feed into the negative collective,you have struck a nerve on me im american,and ive reaped some wonderful things in my life ....i just hope you do the same....love,lightand abundance....thirdeye...

THIRDEYE
4th August 2010, 14:14
one more thing i forgot to say is that we atrract what vibrations we put out!!!!!i choose love and light!!!!its evident on what you choose rinbaud,grind on that for awhile....thirdeye...

Wood
4th August 2010, 14:21
One evening, a senior(17-18yo) at my highschool boarding school went to get gas, pumped it herself, went in to pay, came out, got back into her car.... and felt a gun barrel on her neck and a male vioce ordering her to drive.... The guy raped her in a secluded part of town and left her half conscious on the back seat of the car.....

So, lock your car even if you leave it for a few minutes, just a feet away from you, in a well lighted/populated lot!

I think it is a basic safety procedure to lock the car in a petrol station (mainly because of thieves) and in general anytime you leave it in a place with lots of strangers.

Regarding the eggs in the windshield, I was not aware of it. Thank you, xbusymom :) I'll remember about it, both in case it happens to me and in case I need to stop a car for whatever reason (who knows :)).

conk
4th August 2010, 14:23
These 'scary' emails have been around forever. Stop being afraid and just use common sense. Who sits around making this crap up?

onawah
4th August 2010, 14:31
I am not here to educate you Rimbaud. At your age, you should be able to make a distinction between people and government. Especially in a country where there is so much infiltration by a 'secret governement' into the nation's affairs.

'What comes out of the mouth overflow the heart'. I bet you are only showing the tip of your anger. I suggest you change your thoughts about the poeple of the United States. I also suggest you apologize for your jugement, If you have no will to apologize, then I suggest you to stop posting. You do not have to be member of this forum to read it.

I wonder if you are purposefully doing it to be banned, as it was your wish in your thread about the banning of Blue777... Or is it unconscious?

Namaste, Steven

Thanks for reporting that post, Steven. That is just the kind of thing that caused the closing down of the original forums, and necessitated the "invitation only" policy.

Luke
4th August 2010, 15:48
These 'scary' emails have been around forever. Stop being afraid and just use common sense. Who sits around making this crap up?

one of the answers is here : http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?4523-Whose-Mind-is-it-Anyway

first step in religious or political brainwashing is to work on the emotions of an individual or group until they reach an abnormal level of anger, fear, exitement, or nervous tension.

Or so I think.

kcw_one
4th August 2010, 16:58
All I can say is WOW. I stayed off Avalon for a few days cuz I thought maybe the negativity was starting to impact me a little, and this is what I return to. Yikes. I have a couple of comments to make.

First to Rimbaud: this isn't the place for that kind of negative overgeneralization about any group of people, be they Americans, Iranians, or Martians. Kindly keep this sorts of comments to yourself if you don't mind.

Secondly, to all who expressed concern for the protection of women, I applaud your intention. I feel that women are due the fair, honorable and respectful treatment that they've been missing all these centuries. Keep the love flowing.

The thing about these rumours or bits of info that make the rounds is that they can act as a double edged sword. If a person uses these stories to help decide what they do not want, and put their focus and attention on attracting something better then great. If, on the other hand, one recieves these bits of info, feels afraid at the possibility, and is always "on the lookout" for things such as these, they have a way of appearing for the individual. I don't think on should bury their head in the sand out of ignorance or fear, but I do think it is time for all people, women and men, to be ACTIVELY attracting what they want to experience. Believe that people are good and know in your heart that you'll be surrounded by good people, and thus will be your experience. Keep thinking that there are roving bands of boogeymen and bandits waiting for you everywhere and probably the universe will cooperate with you to make it a reality.

Keep calm brothers and sisters. Please try to put some attention on something positive. If people like Rimbaud wish to go off with their anger, try shall no matter what. All we can so is be like bamboo bending in the wind while calmly suggesting the haters take their hate to some other forum.

Scott
4th August 2010, 18:07
I wonder if you are purposefully doing it to be banned, as it was your wish in your thread about the banning of Blue777...

Namaste, Steven

Bingo!!

I would suggest this seems to be a likely modus operandi, as time goes on these things become more obvious.
There has been an evolution from PA1 to PA2, members have become more savvy and I'm willing to bet allot of readers who choose not to respond to some posts have also seen the patterns of deliberate diversionary posts clearly.

I for one welcome deliberate diversion as it sparks awareness, so yes please keep training PA2 members in observational awareness to underlying intention.

Celine
4th August 2010, 19:23
lol that was funny...cuz its true!!

Thank you Aztar you have a great way of pointing our noses to the wisdom of truth

tpmputterman
6th August 2010, 01:30
I don't understand why people get so scared. Honestly if a man approaches me at a gas station with a gun, I really could care less.
It does not scare me in the least. Gangs, Government, ect.. Don't be scared. Whats the worst that can happen you die. First of all you don't die
so once again whats there to be afraid of.

I get tired of not being able to do whatever I am passionate about each and everyday. These systems that we allow to control us, make us scared, ect... is just getting old. Really to die in my opinion is much easier than living on this planet at this time. I know that we are exactly where we need
to be at all times because that's how it works.

I think threads like this, and Rim talking bad about Americans is just getting old. First of all Rim why would you dislike anyone, I don't dislike you for saying those things. Lets just all cut through the crap and live. Be creative, supportive, passionate, loving ect..

That's how I try to live not saying that I don't fall victim to my own worries even though I try not too. Its hard work being good, positive, but so easy to be negative.

Its like eating healthy, its so hard and more expensive.

Sorry for the rant, I rarely post just read!!!

Rimbaud
6th August 2010, 01:48

Rimbaud

Hmm just looked at this..and it's not the first time that it's happened but I never wrote this derogatory comment. I would hardly have written it as firstly most of my family are Americans, and I dont share the views described. My only explanation if it's remotely possible, is that my young Son got on the computer and wrote the above...Im sorry in any case for any offence caused...I'll find out tomorrow, but sorry in the meantime.

Rimbaud

Rimbaud
6th August 2010, 02:05
I've just read the whole thread and can't tell you how horrified I am that that repulsive comment was attributed to me. I will take the blame for it however as it is my thread and my computer...I left it open and I'm afraid that comments were made in my name, but not by me. I'm very sorry for any offence caused and please be assured it won't happen again. I don't really know how to say this...it's not my fault but at the end of the day it is!

I'm so sorry for any offence caused.

Rimbaud

Lily de Cuir
6th August 2010, 02:35
Hi Rimbaud, I rarely post here, but I just had to say how sorry I feel for you about this post. Embarrassing for you. Mmmm....love to be a fly on the wall at your place...heaven help your son...
Lily

Beth
6th August 2010, 02:38
Your son is aware that you sign off on every post with "Rimbaud"?

Enlightenment101
6th August 2010, 03:25
If that is his signature then it would appear

Beth
6th August 2010, 03:29
If at is his signature Then it will sign off like that

It's not his sig, I checked his profile. I do run a vB site myself so I know how these things work.

Rimbaud
6th August 2010, 03:51
I just posted a very long message on this thread which hasn't appeared although it did to begin with..I'll try again...I didn't post those comments and I'm sorry that they appeared here. I fully accept the responsibility but it wasn't me who posted them. By the way am I not permitted to join Camelot by being a member of Avelon?...I didn't know one was excluded from the other. I think that I've made some fair points towards Kerrys comments.

Rimbaud

Beth
6th August 2010, 03:59
I just posted a very long message on this thread which hasn't appeared although it did to begin with..I'll try again...I didn't post those comments and I'm sorry that they appeared here. I fully accept the responsibility but it wasn't me who posted them. By the way am I not permitted to join Camelot by being a member of Avelon?...I didn't know one was excluded from the other. I think that I've made some fair points towards Kerrys comments.

Rimbaud

I don't think anyone said that you couldn't join another forum, though I would have to look back at the thread to determine that. But it's awfully fishy that there was the post in this thread 16 minutes after a post in the blue777 thread here attacking americans, and also that the "person" that posted as you in this thread knew to sign off as you do in every post as "Rimbaud."

As the old saying goes "you got sum esssplainin' to do." I wasn't born yesterday, more like a billion years ago! It's fishy, and with the onslaught of negative stuff this last week, doesn't look good.

Rimbaud
6th August 2010, 04:21
Your son is aware that you sign off on every post with "Rimbaud"?

yaya551

Yes he does as it's my handle (my nom de plume)...(and I know his when I play his PS3 Games) I don't know if you have children but even if not, it's the School holidays and I left the Avelon site open when I went to bed. I don't even think that it was him who wrote it..suffice to say that it was written without my consent; however I don't wont to incriminate my offspring or his FRIEND any further I'm sorry that you doubt my version of events..I am not normally called a liar; and if I can't persuade you of the authenticity of what I have just said to you..then I'm not sure what else I can do.

I really don't know what else to say or do..if you wan't to repremand me about lack of a parental control..go ahead. It wasn't me who wrote those comments, but if you insist that it was me then so be it..I've already said I accept full and entire culpability.

Rimbaud

Tuza
6th August 2010, 05:40
yaya551

Yes he does as it's my handle (my nom de plume)...(and I know his when I play his PS3 Games) I don't know if you have children but even if not, it's the School holidays and I left the Avelon site open when I went to bed. I don't even think that it was him who wrote it..suffice to say that it was written without my consent; however I don't wont to incriminate my offspring or his FRIEND any further I'm sorry that you doubt my version of events..I am not normally called a liar; and if I can't persuade you of the authenticity of what I have just said to you..then I'm not sure what else I can do.

I really don't know what else to say or do..if you wan't to repremand me about lack of a parental control..go ahead. It wasn't me who wrote those comments, but if you insist that it was me then so be it..I've already said I accept full and entire culpability.

Rimbaud

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else didn't type something like that statement on your computer just to be funny ha ha.

I know a few people personally that have done this type of thing and thought it was hilarious, so I am giving Rimbaud the benefit of the doubt here. Fair is fair.

And a lot of members here I note are also members of Kerry's forum because I have checked the members over there, so I don't think there is anything there to bring up, everyone is supposed to have free will, amongst ourselves anyway on this prison planet run by the green skinned lizzies.

Celine
6th August 2010, 10:20
Rimbaud,

You ARE able to edit your post...

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 02:10
I've told the moderator that I'll be contacting you all individually with a personal apology..I would have done it anyway, but for general readers here...the earlier comments in my name in no way reflect my personal view and I deeply regret any offence caused. This is a general apology to the thread and I will send individual apologies shortly.

God Bless,

Rimbaud

Celine
7th August 2010, 02:21
No need for that from my point of view...

But why not just delete the offensive post?

noxon medem
7th August 2010, 02:22
All the best and all the worst of being human, openly displayed these days.
It is of course good that this safety alert is given, and sickening that it has to.
Safe journey to everyone.

Snowbird
7th August 2010, 18:42
I've just read the whole thread and can't tell you how horrified I am that that repulsive comment was attributed to me. I will take the blame for it however as it is my thread and my computer...I left it open and I'm afraid that comments were made in my name, but not by me. I'm very sorry for any offence caused and please be assured it won't happen again. I don't really know how to say this...it's not my fault but at the end of the day it is!

I'm so sorry for any offence caused.

Rimbaud

Thank you Rimbaud for coming back to this scene of the crime. :sad:

When I first read that post, I simply had a knee-jerk reaction that hit me between the eyes and had to respond. I now realize that the language and your style, are not present in that post. I believe what you say as I now understand that you did not author that hatred.

Certainly, I am not the parent of these who did this, but I can't help but encourage the parents to sit and have a heart-to-heart talk with the true author so that this young person does not continue to carry this hatred into adulthood. That attitude is rather lethal.

Thank you for coming forward with the truth of this situation. :nod:

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 22:57
Thank you Rimbaud for coming back to this scene of the crime. :sad:

When I first read that post, I simply had a knee-jerk reaction that hit me between the eyes and had to respond. I now realize that the language and your style, are not present in that post. I believe what you say as I now understand that you did not author that hatred.

Certainly, I am not the parent of these who did this, but I can't help but encourage the parents to sit and have a heart-to-heart talk with the true author so that this young person does not continue to carry this hatred into adulthood. That attitude is rather lethal.

Thank you for coming forward with the truth of this situation. :nod:

Thankyou brave Snowbird for coming to my defence,

It's been a horrible few days for me; after my Blue777 diatribe and then those disgusting comments left in my absence. I don't want to go into it too much; but as I explained to the S.M.O.D yesterday...the culprit has been packed off home with a flea in his ear and a rhetorical kick up his backside from me. It wasn't my own son thank God..he's had a hard life but knows the boundaries of acceptable behaviour. It's the summer holidays and they were both well stewed with French cider when they got home. I sent them to bed and then went myself..well the rest is rather embarrassing history.

I explained to the SMOD that I can't turn off my computer...I run a small hotel in the French Pyrennees with two business partners, and it's left on to service my clients as there is no mobile reception here. I hope that there's some kind of closure here...I can't go on apologising forever..but will if it serves any purpose. Thankyou so much for your lovely post to me...I can probably sleep tonight knowing that at least one person has taken my word over this issue.

God Bless

Andrew (Rimbaud)

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 23:00
No need for that from my point of view...

But why not just delete the offensive post?

I don't know how to do it Celine..I thought it was up to the MODS to do that..tell me how, and I'll do it instantly

Rimbaud

Celine
7th August 2010, 23:01
At the bottom of each of our posts is an edit button.

may i also suggest logging out of the forum when you leave the chair? would prevent all..security breaches .

be well,
celine

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 23:02
I see now...done (I hope)

Rimbaud

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 23:18
At the bottom of each of our posts is an edit button.

may i also suggest logging out of the forum when you leave the chair? would prevent all..security breaches .

be well,
celine

Celine,

Thanks for your instructive comments..I just tried your suggestion but it didn't seem to work as the comments are still there. I don't know if you've read my post in reply to Snowbirds yet..but I'm aware of my culpability over this issue and have taken measures to ensure a non-repeat. I can't do any more Celine, I'm sorry..either accept my many explanations or don't; that is your prerogative..I will simply hold my hands up and accept the blame and take the consequences on my chin as I have done all of my life.

Thanks for your advice Celine

You be well yourself my dear

Rimbaud

Celine
7th August 2010, 23:23
Rimbaud dear heart, i see no one blaming here...except yourself..

c'est la vie ..

et on continue!

avec amour,
celine

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 23:42
Rimbaud dear heart, i see no one blaming here...except yourself..

c'est la vie ..

et on continue!

avec amour,
celine

Cher Celine,

Merci beaucoup pour votre compassion. Cela ne sera pas vite oubliťe. De la part de votre ami

avec amour

Rimbaud