PDA

View Full Version : Where did religion come from??

Spellbound
12th May 2012, 04:53
I attended a Christian school from grades 2 to grade 8 where everything was taught from a biblical standpoint (and bible study for 2 hours each day). I grew up calling myself a Christian but to be quite honest I'm not sure I believe in God (or the concept therein).

I'm not a religious person by any means but I respect others who are religious.

I think the bible (which was put together by a group of so called religious men...deciding what was to be included and what was to be excluded....long after the fact)...to be nothing more than a book of parables. There may have been a man named Jesus...I'm not completely sure on this. I have a National Geographic documentary that shows there were many men in Jesus' time who referred to themselves as the son of God.

Many people have died for religion....many people have profited from religion...and yet I still can't get my head rapped around it. I think religion in itself is a set of guidelines (so to speak) handed down throughout the ages basically telling us to be good people...but where did it all come from?? Was religion given to us by the Illuminati so as to keep us a submissive race of people?? Were ET's involved in any way??

I just don't buy the whole God made the earth in 6 days..and that man (made in his image) is the highest form of life out there.

Where did religion come from??

Dave - Toronto

DreamsInDigital
12th May 2012, 05:04
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0begob6bT1r1mpi1o1_500.jpg

Seriously, ET's. I suggest checking out the thread here on the forum about the guy that worked on a literal translation of the bible, it has so much stuff about aliens.

Basically, as far as I understand it. Religions were created as control mechanisms for massive populations. The root definition of the world Religion is "Cult" then you trace back the definition of the world "Cult" and go from there.

Also this article might help: The Horrible Truth About Religion. (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblianazar/esp_biblianazar_18.htm)

Excerpt:

What is the basic purpose of religion?

Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set of oppressive and in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if broken would be met with unimaginable punishment.

This keeps the followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance. They are afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases. Christians and others are taught that they have virtually no power to do anything except pray, worship and do good deeds.

They are taught to practice self denial and are told that their own will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are yielding their will over to a benevolent cosmic individual who has single-handedly created the whole universe and has their best interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own personal gains.

It appears that religion must constantly degrade and humiliate its followers in order to glorify and elevate its god. Unfortunately many people appear eager to give away their power to authority and seem to have a need and even a desire to be ruled and disciplined by it. Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.

The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the 'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son.

Anyone who believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least. Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment.

The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose of controlling the masses. If there is a prime creator in this universe then it is unlikely that he would interfere and impose on us by foisting his arbitrary laws, let alone need and demand our frivolous worship and blind obedience. Neither of those things requires any level of mental aptitude or creativity. The intelligence and skills that's been given to many has gone totally to waste.

Many have lowered themselves to the pointless practice of hero worship.

Furthermore, Christianity, Islam and a few other religions are polarized religions. They are polarized against each other. One is believed to be good and the other is seen as bad. The funny thing is, is that each one thinks that their's is good and the other's is bad. In most ways they're both bad. The only good kind of religion is a neutral and all loving one. Polarized religions have been devised by influential elite leaders to play the people off against each other. That way the elite can defeat and enslave the population practically without lifting a finger.

Religion is like a drug to some. And they need a 2000 year old hero to save them - from themselves that is!

The churches don't permit their followers to have any real truth and knowledge because that would empower the people too much so they spoon feed them kiddie stories, half truths, distortions and even lies and the followers value it highly even though they must spend the rest of their lives just making sense of it.

The irony is that religion is pretty much man made, so mankind has really brought this onto themselves.

The religious elites are not totally to blame because many people actually enjoy listening to mystical sounding stories, performing rituals, customs and traditions, playing polarity roles and dramas and waging battles against what they perceive to be a devil boogie man. They also have a secret fetish to be dominated and ruled with an iron fist by a supreme ruler or king.

After all these centuries people still haven't learned to take back their power and start taking responsibility for themselves .

Spellbound
12th May 2012, 05:19
And yet...basically every religious person with whom I have regular contact with...think's I'm crazy to believe in aliens. Go figure.

Whiskey_Mystic
12th May 2012, 06:16
I attended a Christian school from grades 2 to grade 8 where everything was taught from a biblical standpoint (and bible study for 2 hours each day). I grew up calling myself a Christian but to be quite honest I'm not sure I believe in God (or the concept therein).

I think the bible (which was put together by a group of so called religious men...deciding what was to be included and what was to be excluded....long after the fact)...to be nothing more than a book of parables. There may have been a man named Jesus...I'm not completely sure on this. I have a National Geographic documentary that shows there were many men in Jesus' time who referred to themselves as the son of God.

Many people have died for religion....many people have profited from religion...and yet I still can't get my head rapped around it. I think religion in itself is a set of guidelines (so to speak) handed down throughout the ages basically telling us to be good people...but where did it all come from?? Was religion given to us by the Illuminati so as to keep us a submissive race of people?? Were ET's involved in any way??

I just don't buy the whole God made the earth in 6 days..and that man (made in his image) is the highest form of life out there.

Dave - Toronto

I have a response question. Why do you use the word religion when you are speaking of your experience with Christianity? Even if we expand the definition to include Islam and Judaism, which are the monotheistic religions stemming from Abraham, we are still only talking about 54% of religion.

Prior to religion, we have mystical experiences, such as those found worldwide in core shamanism. When a young mystic wanted to understand these experiences, they naturally turned to the older mystics and so mystical traditions were born. Religion is simply codified means of getting closer in touch with divinity. The institutions of religion, which are often mistaken for religion itself, are an entirely different matter.

A completely different way to approach the question is to imagine yourself as an early hominid and think about what kind of a relationship you would have with the sun. the sun brought light, warmth, and caused plants to grow that you could eat. It is no wonder that the earliest religions were based on worship of the sun. Why worship it? To cause yourself to come into a relationship with it. The collective concepts that would form about the Sun would create the first foundations of religion.

Check out the Joseph Campbell material (especially Sukhavati) and also the works of one of our heroes, Jordan Maxwell. There is also some good history in the film "Zeitgeist", though that one draws conclusions from the material that are not actually supported to further an agenda. But there is still good information in it about the origins of religion.

P.S. I am a religious person.

Rocky_Shorz
12th May 2012, 06:47
take a look at this thread, the first Spiritual Center was built 13,500 years ago by hunters and gatherers... pre-flood

after the flood receded, less than 25 miles from where the center was located was where Abraham was born. (as in God of Abraham) what makes this point so special, is that it started spiritual inspiration, twice...

Biblical Archaeology (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?22804-Biblical-Archaeology)

songsfortheotherkind
12th May 2012, 06:48
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0begob6bT1r1mpi1o1_500.jpg

Seriously, ET's. I suggest checking out the thread here on the forum about the guy that worked on a literal translation of the bible, it has so much stuff about aliens.

Basically, as far as I understand it. Religions were created as control mechanisms for massive populations. The root definition of the world Religion is "Cult" then you trace back the definition of the world "Cult" and go from there.

The following is expressed as my own personal experience. No agreement from others is necessary or required. I'm happy to talk about my personal history and memories more if there is interest.

Woah, interesting. I've been getting hammered over my own histories/memories to do with the deliberate construction of religion as part of the controlling mind virus and that the bible is essentially an Anunnaki text. I don't have this as research, I have it as memory, and I've copped a lot about that at various times, including recently.

Interesting to see the old histories rising to the surface, only of course the religion bandwagon is waaaaaaaaay older than this iteration. Cool. Maybe the consciousness will rise enough regarding the heteronomy for the numbers required to shake it off. It's all control, it's only ever been about control.

Here are some other things to throw into the mix. Look up some of the early Black's Law definitions of 'human' and look up the definitions of 'human being' in your local version of the Poisons or Prohibited substances acts, then look up the definitions of sui generis and heteroclite. Then have a think as to why the obsession with broad stroke categorisations in all things, including sentient Beings and what on earth TPTW might be trying to hide- and more importantly, why.

It's fun stuff, for a given definition of fun...

The rest of the universe does not do heteronomy. No hierarchies, no federations, no dominations. Why? Because intelligent minds can come up with way better options for co-creation and getting along together: anything less than sui generis and all that's going to be continually created is the clusterfloop of domination and control stories that have been regurgitating here for eons upon tedious eons.

Also, I would like to say with the greatest respect that I am not interested in debating the bible with those who think/believe it's from an actual god. Individuals are utterly free to believe whatever they wish to believe, and I'm utterly free to live into the memories I was born with.

seigiarchon
12th May 2012, 06:57
All the ET races and UFOs are the gods and devas and demons and asuras mentioned in all mythologies and religions.

Ellisa
12th May 2012, 07:32
Religion grew from the need to explain what we do not understand. Where did we come from? Where are we going? Are we alone? Why....Just why?

The notion of a wise presence--- god if you will, though other faiths had different expressions of the same idea,- still gives us comfort. However now that many of the huge unknowns are explained and we are encouraged to think and question for ourselves, more of us are finding that belief is not enough. God is a belief, heaven and hell are beliefs--- there is no rational explanation for them. This is true of much of the basis of what people call religion. The dogma of their beliefs and the restrictions on their thoughts are part of the power of the people in charge of their religion.

The history of religion (of any sort) is the history of the growth of control of people. At one stage the churches of christianity had control of the rulers of the people as did the priests and shamans of olden times.They control by fear- if you believe in the after-life you will be afraid to be in eternal torment.

Even now people attribute events, good or bad, to the will of some wilful god or entity, or cruel ordained fate. It helps explain the unknown, as it allows the unknown to be unexplored. It is possible that we no longer need religions of any sort, though I would never deny the comfort of belief to anyone.

Whiskey_Mystic
12th May 2012, 07:43
The history of religion (of any sort) is the history of the growth of control of people. At one stage the churches of christianity had control of the rulers of the people as did the priests and shamans of olden times.They control by fear- if you believe in the after-life you will be afraid to be in eternal torment.

I have to disagree with you here. I am a Taoist and I just do not see this in the history of Taoism. I also do not see it any of the shamanic traditions. Buddhism and Hinduism have been used for control at times and Hinduism still suffers from this, but they do not control through fear of death. And there is no idea of eternal torment, though there can be suffering in the afterlife just as there is in life.

phillipbbg
12th May 2012, 07:45
Look up the actual meaning of the word "Religion" you will find it means "To bind" so who would wish to bind another human being and for what purpose would they wish to bind them....?

Religion has nothing to do with God as such or your spirituality IMO

Religion is for those that wish to bind and control those that agree to be bound by their specific doctrine for whatever ego based purpose they may have.

Whiskey_Mystic
12th May 2012, 08:02
Not all religions demand that people adhere to a specific canon. Again, I think you are making a blanket statements about all religion based on witnessing the institutions of Abrahamic monotheism.

For example, a core teaching of the Buddha-

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Airwooz
12th May 2012, 08:50
I just don't like ritual and doctrine, but religious people are way better than atheist, I found that some positive religion really inspiring.

It'is like a spiritual bridge, once you cross the river, you will find all the good things on the other side, but you have to judge which bridge you should set foot on wisely. Some may lead to destruction and negative side. For those vast majority who has problem in comprehend higher consciousness, they need something written in books. But you know books were written by mortals, sometimes they kinda twisting to satisfy their ego.

pugwash84
12th May 2012, 10:43
I love God with all my heart, but I also believe in aliens. If the church did something I was not happy about, I would speak up about it because it's not the church I love it's God. I would never take the word of the church over the word of God. I think aliens have been in the bible a few times so for a Christian to deny the existence of aliens, would be to go against the word of God. They are probably going with the word from the church instead of the word of God, which is wrong in my opinion because they are the words of men.

In my opinion religion came from God.

Whiskey_Mystic
12th May 2012, 10:53
I love God with all my heart, but I also believe in aliens. If the church did something I was not happy about, I would speak up about it because it's not the church I love it's God. I would never take the word of the church over the word of God. I think aliens have been in the bible a few times so for a Christian to deny the existence of aliens, would be to go against the word of God. They are probably going with the word from the church instead of the word of God, which is wrong in my opinion because they are the words of men.

In my opinion religion came from God.

The Vatican has stated clearly that belief in aliens and belief in God are not incompatible. Rumor has it that a few other religions called the Pope on the phone and said, "Duh.".

Billy
12th May 2012, 12:48
Message given to Catholics of the world from Mother Mary given through 6 young children in Bosnia 1981.

In God there is no religion, Religion is man made and bring division, In God there is no division.

Mary also told Catholics, Do not pray to me or worship me, Ask me to be by your side and we shall pray together.

END

This is from memory but as a non Catholic at the time i was impressed with Mother Mary's advise.

Peace

wynderer
12th May 2012, 13:10
religion is just another way to interfere w/your connection to the Divine/Source/the Creator -- religions are set up in the hierarchical power structure that rules the planet

it's a tribute to the spirit w/in Humans that so many can get to the heart of religions anyway, & use them to grow spiritually --

did a bit of searching & found no connection between the origins of the word 'religion' being derived from 'Cult' -- i did find it interesting that modern thought has changed the original derivation

religion
c.1200, "state of life bound by monastic vows," also "conduct indicating a belief in a divine power," from Anglo-Fr. religiun (11c.), from O.Fr. religion "religious community," from L. religionem (nom. religio) "respect for what is sacred, reverence for the gods," in L.L. "monastic life" (5c.); according to Cicero, derived from relegere "go through again, read again," from re- "again" + legere "read" (see lecture). However, popular etymology among the later ancients (and many modern writers) connects it with religare "to bind fast" (see rely), via notion of "place an obligation on," or "bond between humans and gods." Another possible origin is religiens "careful," opposite of negligens. Meaning "particular system of faith" is recorded from c.1300.
To hold, therefore, that there is no difference in matters of religion between forms that are unlike each other, and even contrary to each other, most clearly leads in the end to the rejection of all religion in both theory and practice. And this is the same thing as atheism, however it may differ from it in name. [Pope Leo XIII, Immortale Dei, 1885]
Modern sense of "recognition of, obedience to, and worship of a higher, unseen power" is from 1530s.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=religion

Cidersomerset
12th May 2012, 13:41

Fredenit
12th May 2012, 15:00
Hello Dave / Spellbound,
I will try my best to help you with your request, and to start, the Divine Creator of all life has initiated all of the world's religions, but they have all been altered by people and governments, by cultures and traditions and by the competition for power in the world. That is why there are so many people today in the world who, though they have genuine spiritual needs and yearnings, are so put off by the manifestations of religion as it has become. Where can you find the cultivation of one's inner life? Where is the emphasis on recognising, following and embracing the power and the presence of the Divine Knowledge within the individual? Where is the emphasis on developing and encouraging the individual's capacity and desire to experience the mystery of the Divine Presence--a mystery that is missing and defies all religious teachings and conventions? Where are such things being encouraged for the individual? you visit the church or the temple or the mosque and what is presented but an emphasis on upholding the ideology of religion,the institutions of religion ( and ) the demands of religion? This emphasis is out of context and out of relationship with the essential purpose of religion.
In essence, what all religions are here for is to teach The Way of Knowledge, to bring the individual into the direct experience of Knowledge, the deeper mind beyond the intellect, the mind that God has provided each person, to guide them, to protect them and to lead them to a greater life and expression in the world. But you do not hear this emphasis. Instead, there is the encouragement to believe, to adhere, to follow the prescriptions of a religious tradition, however illogical and unreasonable those prescriptions may be within the context of modern life. And this is called" The Word of God," God's will for humanity. Of cause, there is great competition between competing powers over who has the ultimate and final claim of God's will and prescription for humanity.

It is as if the unreligious have taken over the business of religion for their own purpose. Never having realised its essential purpose and meaning, they have turned it into something else. It is now like a political party, and of course religion has political aims as well.
This is so far apart from God's initial impulse and intention for religion-- to keep Knowledge alive in the world, to teach The Way of Knowledge, to encourage human responsibility and ethical behaviour, not simply as a prescription or as a requirement for admission into Heaven or some other exalted future state. It is really denial of the natural integrity and natural ethics, that will arise within the person who has experienced this power and presence of Knowledge and is guided by its wisdom and its grace.
There is much much more that can be learned if you wish to, at :- [B][U]http://wp.newmessage.org/the-new-message-on-religion/[B][U]

I hope this answers some of the question that you have, but there is a wealth of Knowledge at the link above.

Seikou-Kishi
12th May 2012, 15:26
Many people sagely offer up for consideration the idea that 'religion' means a re-linking, a re-connecting, either with god or nature or whatever totem they decide they like. The truth is, the 'ligion' bit doesn't mean linking or connecting, it means tying, binding. So religion by its very name is a re-tying, a re-shackling of what would otherwise be unfettered. The word finds cousins in the words 'alligator', 'ligature' and 'obligation' — anyone who wants to draw those three words together to define religion as being a binding by obligation to dirty great stinking reptiles might not be too far off the mark lol.

The 're' bit does mean 'again' in some circumstances but like most things serves multiple purposes; along with e- and per-, re- has an intensive aspect. In our word 'religion', it has this last meaning, and means "the sure/fast/strong binding". Make of that what you will.

Rogerc
12th May 2012, 15:30
"Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx

mexrph
12th May 2012, 19:58
Religion during Alexis De Tocqueville's day preached liberty and resistance to tyranny. Today's religion promotes war and obedience to tyrannical government (render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's and render unto God that which is God's). Read Hitler's Pope by John Cornwell (free on the internet). World War II could not have taken place without the assistance of Pope Pius XII, one of the most sinister men who ever walked the earth. The Catholic Church has been involved in wars and inquisitions for the past 1000 years.

RedeZra
12th May 2012, 20:36
there is one truth and a million lies

it doesn't matter what lie we believe when we don't know the truth

spirits are the instigators of religion

but not all spirits are from God

God is Spirit

angels are spirits

if an angel were to appear and teach things

we would not know if the angel was fallen or not

and so we would end up believing a lie

this has happened and happens all the time

for there is only one truth

it is up to us to pursue it til we find it

and when we find it

it all makes perfect sense

meat suit
12th May 2012, 20:40
a religion is a type of 'operating system'

operating systems are useful ....

there are many different operating systems for many different types of beings ...... and then there are the 'compatibility issues' that we all know so well.....

Vitalux
12th May 2012, 20:41

Dave - Toronto

For best results, study all videos you can find of Jordan Maxwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgwMr_gdiv8

Jordan Maxwell is one of the most intelligent men I have had the pleasure of watching.

ljwheat
12th May 2012, 22:38
All the ET races and UFOs are the gods and devas and demons and asuras mentioned in all mythologies and religions.

well said; big et ego's

Whiskey_Mystic
13th May 2012, 00:34
"Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx

That must be why China is so desperate to stamp it out. Or not.

kreagle
13th May 2012, 07:03
"religion" is a far cry away from where God intended it to be when He first designed it.

Believe it or not,.....there "IS" such a thing as,....."Pure religion"!!

James 1:27
King James Version (KJV)

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Unfortunately, for the most part, we don't get to see much "pure religion" in our world today,.....do we?

Oh,....it's there, alright,.....you just have to "really look for it"!

"Religion", through the influence of Satan and his followers, has literally become the "fragmentation of the Gospel Message"!

The "Gospel Message", (note that this is a "singular" form), was Divinely authored by God for His "entire creation". It was "never" the intent of God to set in motion the diversity of "beliefs,....doctrines,....or faiths" that we see our world bombarded with!!! His Word clearly tells us that He is "no respecter of persons"! He refuses to look on any of us "differently",...is committed to treating each and every one of us the "same"!,...and as such, the "same Gospel Message for one",....is exactly the "same Gospel Message for all"!

One Lord,............one faith,............one baptism!!!

"Everything" about this wonderful "Gospel Message" is completely "singular in context"!!!

Ephesians 4:4-6
King James Version (KJV)

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

As I stated earlier.

"Religion", through the influence of Satan and his followers, has literally become the "fragmentation of the Gospel Message"!

"If" your heart is honest,....and you are "hungry" enough for the "Truth",......God will help you "put the pieces together" to this "Gospel Message" that has become so "fragmented" to so many.

I have provided a link from an earlier post I made here on Avalon, regarding this, selfsame, "Gospel Message".

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?35256-another-church-ceases-to-be-the-CHURCH&p=361228#post361228

I have "other" posts which deal with this also,....for those who might be interested.

Love and Peace,.......kreagle

Maia Gabrial
14th May 2012, 00:50
From the mouth of a military rabbi, man himself is the one who understood that religion is the best way to control people... and they would know...

emeraldcity
14th May 2012, 07:58
Spellbound thank you for starting this important line of questioning. A book that leaps to mind that I highly recommend you see is called "Greater Community Spirituality."
http://www.newmessage.org/nmfg/Greater_Community_Spirituality.html

Chapter 19: What is Religion, speaks right to the question you're asking.

This passage stands out:
"The Creator is bringing essence into the world continuously, but as soon as it emerges, it slowly hardens and calcifies into form. However, the essence is being introduced constantly. Think of it like this: It is like bringing fresh water into a frozen environment. As soon as the water merges with the environment, it begins to freeze and become immobile. The more that form is associated with religion, the more religion will be bound by form and the more inflexible it will be. That is why in the Greater Community religion must minimize form and all of its pageantry so that the essence may be constantly emphasized. This provides the greatest possibility for religious experience to be rendered, both to the participants in that tradition and to their world at large."

The problem is that religion possess both the essence and the human-created (perhaps mostly the later). How to separate the two? How to rediscover and follow the original sacred essence of the message?

kreagle
15th May 2012, 08:45
Spellbound thank you for starting this important line of questioning. A book that leaps to mind that I highly recommend you see is called "Greater Community Spirituality."
http://www.newmessage.org/nmfg/Greater_Community_Spirituality.html

Chapter 19: What is Religion, speaks right to the question you're asking.

This passage stands out:
"The Creator is bringing essence into the world continuously, but as soon as it emerges, it slowly hardens and calcifies into form. However, the essence is being introduced constantly. Think of it like this: It is like bringing fresh water into a frozen environment. As soon as the water merges with the environment, it begins to freeze and become immobile. The more that form is associated with religion, the more religion will be bound by form and the more inflexible it will be. That is why in the Greater Community religion must minimize form and all of its pageantry so that the essence may be constantly emphasized. This provides the greatest possibility for religious experience to be rendered, both to the participants in that tradition and to their world at large."

The problem is that religion possess both the essence and the human-created (perhaps mostly the later). How to separate the two? How to rediscover and follow the original sacred essence of the message?

emeraldcity,

In response to your question,......(quote) How to rediscover and follow the original sacred essence of the message?

The direction I would have you, or anyone else, to take to "rediscover" the "original" sacred essence of the message, would simply involve,....

#1) "backtracking" to the point where the "original Church" began,.....

#2) determine what "steps" the "original founders" took to establish the "original Church",......

and then

#3) following "step by step" the same "original instructions" that were given by the "original founders" and implementing them in your life today!

Here's a little "heads up" on some of this "backtracking procedure" that I've recommended to you.

#1) The "original Church" came into existence on the Day of Pentecost , according to Scriptures. This is the "first" time we find reference to the "church".

Acts 2:47
King James Version (KJV)

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

#2) The "original founders" were Peter, and the rest of the Apostles, of which, the Apostle Peter gave the inaugural "original sacred message",...that you've alluded to.

and that "message" is,........

#3) The "original message", or "orginal instructions"

Acts 2:38
King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

(extremely important point)

This "original sacred message" was never intended to be altered,.....modified,......updated,.....and certainly not eliminated!!! (But that's "exactly" what has happened in the majority of mainstream Christianity today!)

,......(quote) How to rediscover and follow the original sacred essence of the message?

It's "one thing" to "rediscover",.....and "another" to "follow"!

(In closing,.....I must point out, that it takes a "personal revelation" here,... that God only, can give and impart, to the reader of this "original sacred message"! I will gladly share more insight with you, and anyone else that's interested, so that you each might experience your "own personal revelation" in regards to this "original sacred message".)

I've personally seen people, of all ages, weep with joy,....when they see "it" for themselves!!!,.......and, yes,.....I did, too!!!

May God bless you each Abundantly,.......kreagle

Whiskey_Mystic
15th May 2012, 08:59
Religion is the opiate of the masses. Or is it?

This is a popular opinion, but it actually doesn't hold water if we look at history. The Romans did their best to crush Christianity and Judaism because they feared their power. When they failed to stamp them out, they successfully co-opted and perverted them. Today, China refuses to allow religious freedom because this would decentralize power away from the Party.

The truth is, that religion can be used as an opiate for the masses. More often it is used as a manipulative motivational tool, as militaries around the world will tell you. The removal of religion is also used as an opiate for the masses. Many religions have taught to look within yourself for power, which is not what states and institutions want. Even Christ taught that.

And Karl Marx was an idiot. I have no idea why people keep quoting him to try to prove that religion is for fools. Maybe it sounds snappy.

"Our tradition of political thought had its definite beginning in the teachings of Plato and Aristotle. I believe it came to a no less definite end in the theories of Karl Marx. "
-Hanna Arendt

SilentFeathers
15th May 2012, 09:11
I think religion started 10's of thousands of years ago when we used to be apes and got tired of eating bananas....

Whiskey_Mystic
15th May 2012, 09:12
Religion during Alexis De Tocqueville's day preached liberty and resistance to tyranny. Today's religion promotes war and obedience to tyrannical government (render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's and render unto God that which is God's). Read Hitler's Pope by John Cornwell (free on the internet). World War II could not have taken place without the assistance of Pope Pius XII, one of the most sinister men who ever walked the earth. The Catholic Church has been involved in wars and inquisitions for the past 1000 years.

Sorry to be a broken record here, but again this is a description of 54% of the worlds religious traditions that fall under the umbrella of Abrahamic monotheism, which actually could be considered just one religion as they all spring from a single source. Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Shinto, Shamanism, Animism, Jainism, Sufism, Sikhism, Confucianism and Zen Buddhism do not fit this description.

I realize that most people in the west have no experience of religion outside of what they see of institutional Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. The blanket statements about religion being made on this thread are not accurate. And it clearly matters to me. There is a tremendous amount of wisdom in the thousands of years of religious experience of the human race. To discard the totality of it based on our experience of Monotheism, which was hijacked by power institutions long ago, is ignorant and foolish.

Whiskey_Mystic
15th May 2012, 09:17
I think religion started 10's of thousands of years ago when we used to be apes and got tired of eating bananas....

Actually, Jane Goodal describes how chimpanzees will sometimes act strangely around waterfalls. They do a sort of ecstatic dance and nobody knows why. Goodal postulates that these activities could be a sort of pre-religious kind of behavior. I think she probably meant "spiritual", but you see my point. Maybe they just like waterfalls, but then again, nobody on earth understands chimps like Goodal does.

SilentFeathers
15th May 2012, 09:30
It was the wise ape "bobo" that could climb higher than all the other apes that became the savior, because he could see farther and better than all the other apes, for he was the most "highest" of the apes.....and saw and orange grove over the valley of no fruit and grunted a grunt no ape heard before. Bobo led all the other apes through the wilderness and through the valley of no fruit into the promised land identified by a unique grunt, of the oranges and saved them all from a life time of bananas only......it was a turning point of the same ole same ole. Bobo was considered a special ape to the others and when he died future generations grunted like bobo did everytime they came into an orange grove,,,,,,,it actually wasn't bobo that became the birth ofa new religion, but it was actually the orange

Whiskey_Mystic
15th May 2012, 09:43
It was the wise ape "bobo" that could climb higher than all the other apes that became the savior, because he could see farther and better than all the other apes, for he was the most "highest" of the apes.....and saw and orange grove over the valley of no fruit and grunted a grunt no ape heard before. Bobo led all the other apes through the wilderness and through the valley of no fruit into the promised land identified by a unique grunt, of the oranges and saved them all from a life time of bananas only......it was a turning point of the same ole same ole. Bobo was considered a special ape to the others and when he died future generations grunted like bobo did everytime they came into an orange grove,,,,,,,it actually wasn't bobo that became the birth ofa new religion, but it was actually the orange

There is no God but Orange and Bobo is His prophet. Orangehu Akbar!

ljwheat
15th May 2012, 19:39

Dave - Toronto

Spellbound, good question -- and the more you search the topic, you will find all the answers, if you stay a way from modern day western Christianity.

From Billy Graham to your local bible tooter, they all start in Genesis, there are several pages in that book before Genesis that are never read-- or referred to-- mosty ignored completely and its origin. Checking its origin and researching the time, culture, and people, when it was compiled reveales, facts that never hit the pulpit or Sunday school.

I went to one of there principal schools in L.A. Cal. Moody bible institute, 3 years in New Testament Greek, as I too had some unsettling questions about origins and religions as you do.

What an eye opener, as Avalonians we consider our selves awake compared to main stream society. Its no different in the spiritual community and bible thumpers, like night and day.

I’ve heard many preachers and pastors after going threw the New testament class at moody after words, that it’s a wonder more students and posters don’t loose there religion after finding out the actual truth of what took place so many years ago.

I can't go into 3 years of study with you here, but can give a few examples of the distortions in belief rampant in today religious movement. For one English and Greek language do not have the same meaning, and are not transferable/but have been threw ignorance, pride and money.

This book was never supposed to be put together as a book- it was a compiling of documents, songs, statements, letters, and disclosers of written law. It was peace’d together at the request of the King, trying to come up with a one time; one place; one explanation of religious rulings under one roof; one file one kingdom.

As like in Ireland present day catholic and protestant factions could not agree or get along, the king thought this would quell the disputes once and for all as it was a decree of the Crown and Kingship it would be law. If its wasn’t in this new formulated book law then it wasn’t fact or truth and to this day; many will ask you do you believe the bible is the hole true and living words of God. This is were that came from you swore on it as law decreed by the king or lost your head in that day, like code enforcement is now today; only for religions to live up too, instead of having hundreds of factions, disputes, and wars;-- over what end you crack your boiled eggs from.

All this is traceable and documented except in the pulpit, or Sunday school classes of today. 99.99% of bible totters have not read those pages before Genesis let alone ask there pastor a question on this. Bottom line its just a business no different than the corporations that rule the world now. it’s a corporate law book for the church.

Just a quick question here, then I’ll give a couple other examples of origin, “In what book or bible was Jesus, or any of the disciples speaking out of?” that’s right! There were none.

The word prayer in Greek simply means communicate. So that means I’m praying to you right now.

The word church in Greek means any where one or more are communicating to each other.

The word Christian was a cuss word for the people who were following what was called the “WAY” things that were invisible and had no earthy words to explain, and parables were used to liken too, or point too, or refer too the unseen spirit of God and man in our unseen likeness we will create man, the water balloon this unseen spirit was being pointed to by the “Way” Sayers. Christian’s the term is no different than the “N” word is used to day labeling a class of people, then to as is now. You here the “N” word used lovingly among the culture that’s taken it as its own , and proud to call you my “N” if you are one. And so to once Christian was a cuss word, now proudly brandished by those who carry the code enforcement book.

Revelations is not the last book in the new testament, its old testament Witten around the same time the Book of Denial was recorded. But since it speaks of end times;-- and at the end of it, state so fittingly any who take from these writings that same shall be taken from his life,, how so convenient for a end book.

You shall live by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of a living God. Not out of a book formulated by a king’s decree.

In the little letter of st john second chapter around there; he’s telling people he’s witting to the people of time; that in tears I write these words; this that I fear should fall into the hand of the enemy, should they read an now the truth, (should not be written) face to face person to person was these truths passed to those who have eyes -- see, and those who have ears -- hear these word that let no man teach you of anything, that the spirit that is with in you shall teach you of all things, and is no lie. For that which is given is the unseen spirit we hold to be true and just.

Just like watching a presidential address, after you have listened with open heart and understanding to each and every word spoken. STOP -- wait now listen to this clown news reporter and all his experts --- here is what the president really said. Its still going on, leave this out, put this in, readajust it politically, rearrange it for the layman, build a sermon around how it could work in this day and age, bring forward only what will work in our belief and for get about those who believe different: its never stopped.

When Jesus said: do not pray before men. But you go in secret and speak with your father who is in secret all those things you think you have need of.
What don’t people understand about two little words; Do Not.---- Oh that’s for some one else, all kinds of excuses.

Jesus was not religious either, the hole entire 23rd chapter of Matthew he talks of this. Wow unto you Sadducees and Pharisees, zealots, and religious leaders of that time. Following the code enforcements and laws written in his time period --- no different than today.

Why do you marvel at these things I speak and show you openly, for you if you only have faith in the invisible living GOD; you and the living invisible God I keep telling you about. You shall do even greater things than these? If unseen things can not be conveyed by words, why would you build a book of them? So the book of parable’s should be the title.

Point at the invisible you, try to see this you that’s invisible and put words to this truth that you are but not explainable, then you begin to see why it was never meant to be in writing as it takes one skilled in vision of the unseen to point at it. Not a book. A book can not see your path or which parable would allow you to know these perals of wisdom of the “WAY” so yes spellbound ask and you shall fine just don’t ask the preacher’s that have commandeered this thread to use as there personal pulpit.

Christ came to empower you not to preach to you. Look in the spirit that is in you; it shall teach you of all things. Its in your spirit not in a book. John XXX

kreagle
18th May 2012, 08:30

SilentFeathers,

We were all "gloriously made" in the image of our God,.....who certainly resembles no ape.

And to think,.......I "still" love bananas!!!!

God Bless,.......kreagle