PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where this symbol originated?

Carolin
15th May 2012, 22:37
I found a symbol in "The Master Cleanser" by Stanley Burroughs and fell in love with it.

There is also a quote from the book "The Universal One" by Walter Russell
"When you learn to know my ways, my ways will be your ways, in tune with the universal principals of fullness of living in harmony with the universal mind."

I'm assuming it's a trinity symbol but I would like to know for sure. I couldn't upload the picture so I made it my avatar.

Thanks for your help
C

RMorgan
15th May 2012, 22:42
I found a symbol in "The Master Cleanser" by Stanley Burroughs and fell in love with it.

There is also a quote from the book "The Universal One" by Walter Russell
"When you learn to know my ways, my ways will be your ways, in tune with the universal principals of fullness of living in harmony with the universal mind."

I'm assuming it's a trinity symbol but I would like to know for sure. I couldn't upload the picture so I made it my avatar.

Thanks for your help
C

Hi my friend,

It looks pretty much like a different version of the trinity/triquetra symbol indeed:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NTqxt_kRLmY/TksBmrOSIzI/AAAAAAAALj4/T7lM1RTbaZM/s1600/trinity5%255B1%255D.gif

Cheers,

Raf.

ghostrider
15th May 2012, 22:57
I've seen that symbol on secret NASA/black ops site that had many of the patches the black ops folks wear. it could be something else but, thats my two cents. hope it helps.

Carolin
15th May 2012, 23:04
I've seen that symbol on secret NASA/black ops site that had many of the patches the black ops folks wear. it could be something else but, thats my two cents. hope it helps.

Are you pulling my leg GR????

9eagle9
15th May 2012, 23:13
The ptb most often of all the elder traditions corrupted Druidic (celtic) magick (for lack of a better word) so I'd not really be surprised if a patch that resembled an drudic symbol was worn by them.

Kindred
15th May 2012, 23:21
Did a real quick search for Celtic symbols...

Here's a site with various Celtic symbols: http://symboldictionary.net/?page_id=3

And another on the Triquetra: http://symboldictionary.net/?p=159

MariaDine
15th May 2012, 23:32
the “Triquetra” of the Druids and Celtics, who knew it’s great secret: The symbol’s natural shape has the ability to stimulate the human psyche and awaken spiritual powers within us when we look upon it.

The Triquetra was principally a ceremonial device in neolithic Europe, used in magic, ritual and religious incantation.The Triquetra has appeared in numerous Pagan works, starting with Pagan artwork and temples and later moving to Gothic cathedral walls.
The power behind this symbol....Psychologists and mythologists like Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell have long taught that symbols like this continue to have a pull on the human mind. They are deeply embedded in our cultural consciousness, with a meaning that is long forgotten but continues to affect us by circumventing logic and reason by tapping into a more primal source within us.
The effectiveness of these symbols depends on an understanding of Carl Jung’s theory of the “collective unconscious”. This idea, in brief, posits that humans have a genetic memory of ancient memories of humanity; a remembrance of the same rites of passages, ideas, images, etc. and so forth. These memories are shared and often take form as symbols; examples include suns symbolizing warmth, or skulls symbolizing death. He calls these embedded symbols “archetypes”, and they are a part of our makeup. According to Jung, we know them not from personal experience but from the thousands of years of experience from our ancestors.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/images/eps-gif/Triquetra2_1000.gif

A "triquetra" is a figure consisting of three circular arcs of equal radius, and has seen extensive use in heraldry (i.e., coats of arms), specifically in the case of the so-called Borromean rings. The term "Triquetra theorem" was used by Mackenzie (1992) to describe Johnson's theorem.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/JohnsonsTheorem.html

Krullenjongen
16th May 2012, 06:09
In the video below a former satanist speaks about symbols and other everyday occult objects.
At 1 hour, 41 minutes he speaks about this symbol.
He says it is a celtic/druidic symbol of over 2 thousand years old and represents the triple goddess.

r5vZ14Ozqzw

eileenrose
16th May 2012, 06:36
I had a intuitive error in judgement once and utilized (un-intentionally) one of their symbols (whose, I don't know, honestly). I pretty intuitive and it hit me harder than anything I could imagine (negatively).

So I stay away from symbols (now). Even nice earthy supposedly celtic ones.

If I find a nice lovely one (that takes you somewhere pleasant), I'll let you know. (as it was like a portal to another dimension....)

9eagle9
16th May 2012, 10:55
The formerly satanic view point of what the symbol represents is not entirely accurate either. That's typically post-corruption commentary.

The symbol represented the creation matrix as a whole. Strangely enough in modern times the symbol reminds one of how scientists depict the movement of electrons spinning around an atom.

Rantaak
17th May 2012, 10:40
In the video below a former satanist speaks about symbols and other everyday occult objects.
He says it is a celtic/druidic symbol of over 2 thousand years old and represents the triple goddess.

r5vZ14Ozqzw

You know how I know he isn't lying about being a satanist?

The mullet.

Krullenjongen
17th May 2012, 10:43
The formerly satanic view point of what the symbol represents is not entirely accurate either. That's typically post-corruption commentary.

The symbol represented the creation matrix as a whole. Strangely enough in modern times the symbol reminds one of how scientists depict the movement of electrons spinning around an atom.

The ex-satanists point of view may indeed be how he knows it and how they used it in their circles.
But it is at least on of the meanings that is associated with this symbol as is also shown in numerous other sources on the internet.
via the links below you can read more about the different meanings but the triple goddess is a least on of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triquetra#Neopaganism
http://symboldictionary.net/?p=159
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/celtic-symbol-for-trinity.html

This symbol representing the creation matrix or the movement of electrons spinning around an atom is something i could not find.
Do you have a source for this explanation?

Carmody
17th May 2012, 14:59

the past, the future, and the now, as a unified rolling point of existence.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

r5vZ14Ozqzw

You know how I know he isn't lying about being a satanist?

The mullet.

I knew hockey was evil.

Hervé
17th May 2012, 15:39
From the very old oral tradition of the Gypsies/Roms/Tzigans:

“The figure 3 and its geometrical transcription – the triangle -- means “Life.” Numerous jewelries are constructed around that number. According to Tzigans, Man as a whole is constituted of a body which rots, a spirit which persists and an immaterial body as an interface between these two.” (Pierre Derlon; Traditions Occultes des Gitans)

That’s the “body-mind-spirit” thing that’s being trashed around.

Unified Serenity
17th May 2012, 16:58
The spiritual principle of the unbreakable power of the triple rope, three minds joined in one etc is just a fact of spiritual foundation. Any group can apply it to whatever purpose they have in mind. Hence the use of the word "Trilateral commission". It provides a strong foundation, can take a beating, and will last much longer than a single or double unity. In magickal workings, there is an inner core of three. One is the healer, one is the guide, and one is the warrior. Attack one, and the other two support and defend. Only a fool would go against such a foundation ill prepared.

The Triquatra is very powerful energetically. It's found in many spiritual paths:

Father - Son - Holy Spirit

Maiden - Mother - Crone

Body - Soul - Spirit

TIME is past, present and future.

WATER and other matter is solid, liquid and gas.

LIGHT exists as waves and discrete particles (my contribution, but no, I don’t understand it either – go ask a quantum physics grad).

THE SUN: God the Father is the sun, the rays that radiate from the sun is Jesus, and the warmth we feel on us is the Holy Spirit.

MATHEMATICS: The equation for the Trinity is not 1 + 1 + 1 = 3, where they all just add together. The correct equation is 1 x 1 x 1 = 1, where they each multiply each other. If you doubt the maths, try calculating the volume of a cube with each side 1cm long. (Answer: You’ll get 1cm³)
http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2006/07/24/the-trinity-examples-in-real-life/

I am sure we can find some more. I liked this other portion of that website as well:

SPACE is height, width and depth. That is, x-axis, y-axis and z-axis on a graph.
Now then fellow learners, follow these 4 points…

1. What is Height? (Answer: It is space.)
2. What is Width? (Answer: It is also space.)
3. What is Depth? (Answer: It is space too! Wow!)
4. What is SPACE? (Answer: Space is not just Height. Space is not just Width. Space is not just Depth. Space is ALL THREE TOGETHER – Height, Width and Depth.)

Now let’s use that example with the Holy Trinity…
1. Who is the Father? (Answer: He is God.)
2. Who is Jesus the Son? (Answer: He is also God.)
3. Who is the Holy Spirit? (Answer: He is God too! Wow!)

4. Who is GOD? (Answer: God is not just the Father. God is not just the Son. God is not just the Holy Spirit. God is ALL THREE TOGETHER – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.)

D) My 100% Original, Scott-brand™ take on it:

Resonance Structures And here is an interesting example I realized of ‘three existing as one’ that is completely accepted in science today. For non-Science majors, this may be really complex. So then, Kimia and Farmasi students, lend us a hand! Tell us that what follows is TRUE! Help us to say, “OH WOW! This is so choon!”
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/resonance_1.gif?w=426&h=103
HYPOTHETICAL INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTING STRUCTURES
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/resonance_2.gif?w=101&h=121
RESONANCE HYBRID

If only one formula for the carbonate ion (CO³-) were correct and accurate, then the double bond to oxygen would be shorter and stronger than the single bonds. The angles between the arms would also be unequal.

But! Experimental evidence indicates that this molecule’s arms are bent at equal angles of 120º, and all of the carbon : oxygen bonds are of equal length. A single formula is thus inadequate, and the actual structure must resemble an average of the three formulas. This averaging of electron distribution over two or more hypothetical contributing structures (canonical forms) to produce a hybrid electronic structure is called resonance.

SIMPLY PUT, the carbonate ion exists as ALL THREE forms simultaneously! In other words, three can exist as one in accepted science. So can it not also be accepted in theology? Especially since our God is the Creator of all things, including tertiary-education level chemistry!

E) Conclusion
So there you have it. The ‘paradox’ can actually be found quite often in real life, if you know where to look. Just like irreducible complexity in Biology, or the Anthropic Principle in Physics, or the Chemical conundrum of DNA and life itself forming, and countless other wonders in nature – the Original Great Scientist has placed lots of cute clues to His existence for us little scientists

I personally do not see a need to apply sexual representation. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are just as applicable to me as Maiden, Mother and Crone imagery. People are very hung up on how the divine is represented, and yet, I don't think the divine cares, as long as we know we are loved, were created to be loved, and to love one another.

ghostrider
17th May 2012, 18:00

Are you pulling my leg GR????

nope, it looks similar to some patches I've seen , in the secret space program/groups use. I looked at a site that had probably 25 different patches.

Herbert
17th May 2012, 18:04
Symbolism is a crutch which the human spirit is quickly outgrowing. Like numbers, formulas, laws, and the concept of zero, so-called sacred geometry is a tool of the matrix.

They are illusions of the false light in my own way of feeling/thinking.

But it is true that some people find comfort/ vibratory resonance in them and they may be useful in raising your state of heart/mind in a practical way.

At best they are a means to an end but ultimately they are crutches used to replace the ones you have given up like religion, science, God, and anything else you cling to.

I appreciate the question Carolin and the answers from all have been informative.

Hope mine is not too much off topic.

Rantaak
17th May 2012, 18:47
I am sure we can find some more. I liked this other portion of that website as well:

SPACE is height, width and depth. That is, x-axis, y-axis and z-axis on a graph.
Now then fellow learners, follow these 4 points…

1. What is Height? (Answer: It is space.)
2. What is Width? (Answer: It is also space.)
3. What is Depth? (Answer: It is space too! Wow!)
4. What is SPACE? (Answer: Space is not just Height. Space is not just Width. Space is not just Depth. Space is ALL THREE TOGETHER – Height, Width and Depth.)

Now let’s use that example with the Holy Trinity…
1. Who is the Father? (Answer: He is God.)
2. Who is Jesus the Son? (Answer: He is also God.)
3. Who is the Holy Spirit? (Answer: He is God too! Wow!)

4. Who is GOD? (Answer: God is not just the Father. God is not just the Son. God is not just the Holy Spirit. God is ALL THREE TOGETHER – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.)

I personally do not see a need to apply sexual representation. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are just as applicable to me as Maiden, Mother and Crone imagery. People are very hung up on how the divine is represented, and yet, I don't think the divine cares, as long as we know we are loved, were created to be loved, and to love one another.

Height, Width and Depth are not space. They are distance. There is a significant difference. The point does in fact remain but I had to point this out due to my neurosis.
I find that I personally resonate most with the depiction of the trinity as Sun Father, Earth Mother, and Moon Child. Not to be confused with Moonchild by Aleister Crowley, but perhaps it is worth confusing anyway. Good book, though I haven't read it.