PDA

View Full Version : Whose Mind is it, Anyway?

Dale
4th August 2010, 01:23
Quite a few years ago, I came across a tape by a world renowned hypnotist on mind control. I was absolutely blown away. This guy gave a crash course lecture on "Mind Control 101." I thought I'd never find this darn thing again, but doing a little research a few days ago, I came across an online transcript of the lecture. Check it out here:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/fundamentalistbrainwashing06jun05.shtml

This transcript explains a great deal of science on "brainwashing" that is quite difficult to find anymore. This guy clearly has a vast understanding of mind control, neurolinguistic programming, and mass manipulation.

Here's a small snippet of the information that I find highly important:

Before I continue, let me point out something else about an altered state of consciousness. When you go into an altered state, you transfer into right brain, which results in the internal release of the body's own opiates: enkephalins and Beta-endorphins, chemically almost identical to opium. In other words, it feels good...and you want to come back for more.

Recent tests by researcher Herbert Krugman showed that, while viewers were watching TV, right-brain activity outnumbered left-brain activity by a ratio of two to one. Put more simply, the viewers were in an altered state...in trance more often than not. They were getting their Beta-endorphin "fix."

To measure attention spans, psychophysiologist Thomas Mulholland of the Veterans Hospital in Bedford, Massachusetts, attached young viewers to an EEG machine that was wired to shut the TV set off whenever the childrens' brains produced a majority of alpha waves. Although the children were told to concentrate, only a few could keep the set on for more than 30 seconds!

Most viewers are already hypnotized. To deepen the trance is easy. One simple way is to place a blank, black frame every 32 frames in the film that is being projected. This creates a 45-beat-per-minute pulsation perceived only by the subconscious mind--the ideal pace to generate deep hypnosis.

The commercials or suggestions presented following this alpha-inducing broadcast are much more likely to be accepted by the viewer. The high percentage of the viewing audience that has somnambulistic-depth ability could very well accept the suggestions as commands--as long as those commands did not ask the viewer to do something contrary to his morals, religion, or self-preservation.

Very interesting stuff. I believe this guy explains mind control in a thorough, scientific manner. Let me know what you all think. :eek:

onawah
4th August 2010, 05:46
That looks very interesting.
I wonder if there's an easy way to wean one's self off of TV? I watch more than I really want to, and I know it's not just because there's interesting stuff on the History and SciFi channels!

VestnikRA
4th August 2010, 11:29
I never watch TV. If I want to know the news, I get them from the Internet.
If I want to entertain myself I take a video and enjoy it. Does not it solve the problem with TV?

Luke
4th August 2010, 11:44
Just skimmed it but some valid points are already seen, like this :

[...]first step in religious or political brainwashing is to work on the emotions of an individual or group until they reach an abnormal level of anger, fear, exitement, or nervous tension.
The progressive result of this mental condition is to impair judgement and increase suggestibility. The more this condition can be maintained or intensified, the more it compounds. Once catharsis, or the first brain phase, is reached, the complete mental takeover becomes easier. Existing mental programming can be replaced with new patterns of thinking and behavior.
Sounds familiar?

Good find Cipher!

Dale
4th August 2010, 11:45
I stopped watching TV about a couple years ago. Occasionally, I'll check the local news, but that's really about it. Here's the book that turned me away from TV:

http://www.amazon.com/Arguments-Elimination-Television-Jerry-Mander/dp/0688082742/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280922146&sr=8-1

It's called "Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television," by Jerry Mander. I highly recommend this book.

The best way to avoid all the psycho-physiological effects of television is simply to avoid it :p

norwaymike
4th August 2010, 11:58
I teach hypnosis and NLP - within the spiritual framework that also hypnosis is able to uncover - Mind controll is easy. Just tell enough lies and people believe them if they don't have alternative information. Hypnosis and NLP are tools just like a knife. Remember - you are better prepared if you know about how your subconscious mind really works. It is your helper - you can tell it to not accept suggestions also. It pays to know.

Lovepromoter
4th August 2010, 12:01
Thanks cipher :) quality reading material.

Dale
4th August 2010, 12:06
Remember - you are better prepared if you know about how your subconscious mind really works.

Very well said! If you're aware and have a bit of knowledge of these psychological mechanisms being used, you're much less likely to be controlled. Sadly, there are vast amounts of people who simply turn on their televisions and tune out, day after day, clueless of the implications. Awareness is the strongest form of self empowerment.

Decibellistics
4th August 2010, 14:39
Saico: Good quote.

I had learned about the exact same thing in a Peace Psychology course. In particular it was dealing with hate groups (which is kind of a religion in and of itself) Find the commonality, which usually is anger, disenfranchisement, things of the such. Find a common scapegoat or concept that the people can relate to with the one at the top. Now these people are in a person's back pocket simply due to the pseudo-manifestation of a common goal or belief. This is a pretty gross generalization, I could look it up in the text book if you'd like. Same basic concept though, break em down and build em back up once the commonality has been established.

What exactly causes a person to be so malleable simply from either self loathing or loathing another group of people, I wonder.....The ability to have someone else make your decisions since you hate yourself already.......who knows....

Wood
4th August 2010, 14:55
Thank you for the information The_Cipher_Replied. Very interesting :)

About neurolinguistic programming, I wonder how effective is it with subjects that do not have the language as their first one. I think people speaking a foreign language use the brain in a different way (i.e. they do some kind of internal translation/mapping) and perhaps that is an effective defensive barrier against NLP (or hypnosis).

Decibellistics
4th August 2010, 15:31
Very Very true wood.

For instance, a lot of marketing and advertising schemes in the U.S. have the importance going from left to right the way we read.

Here's an example:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/2692876058_8611767f41.jpg

What about people who speak and read arabic though. That is from right to left the way it is read. I agree 100% with your statement

Neurolinguistics is a little outta my league, but I think this is moderately relative......

illuminate
4th August 2010, 15:48
Very well said! If you're aware and have a bit of knowledge of these psychological mechanisms being used, you're much less likely to be controlled. Sadly, there are vast amounts of people who simply turn on their televisions and tune out, day after day, clueless of the implications. Awareness is the strongest form of self empowerment.

Great thread!
and yeah, there's a reason why they call TV 'programming' :p

I wash my brain everyday!

In LOVE!
:love:

Luke
4th August 2010, 16:24
Thank you for the information The_Cipher_Replied. Very interesting :)

About neurolinguistic programming, I wonder how effective is it with subjects that do not have the language as their first one. I think people speaking a foreign language use the brain in a different way (i.e. they do some kind of internal translation/mapping) and perhaps that is an effective defensive barrier against NLP (or hypnosis).

Way I see it, there are levels to that, Language/linguistic is most obvious, but programming can be taken to archetypal and symbolic level too, so words do not really matter. Think it's called memetic engineering.

rhythm
4th August 2010, 16:36
open your heart
and the mind falls in love with you
then who cares ...
and it still as true today
all you need is love
love and kindness rhythmmm :boom:

Fredkc
4th August 2010, 16:40
So, to begin, I want to state the most basic of all facts about brainwashing: In the entire history of man, no one has ever been brainwashed and realized, or believed, that he had been brainwashed. Those who have been brainwashed will usually passionately defend their manipulators, claiming they have simply been "shown the light" ...or have been transformed in miraculous ways.Nope! ain't seen none of that 'round here...

Cool piece, and I did as the author suggested, and saved off a copy.

I wash my brain everyday!
Illuminate;
Not sure how to tell you this but... you left a clean spot, right down the middle. Afraid you'll have to do the whole thing. ;)

mike1414
4th August 2010, 17:19
love the thread and the find...many thanks for sharing....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:y7vZMS_B3ljiEM:http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/thestencilstudio/Banksy%20Style%20stencils/tv-girl-banksy-stencil.jpg&t=1

with love and peace
mike

rosie
4th August 2010, 17:54
Great topic! If we stand true to ourselves, and true to our goals and beliefs, we cannot be brainwashed by anyone but our own self. Once again it's about being 100% in control of our own thoughts and actions, not other influences.

Have added on of my favorite quotes to go along with this subject, as I feel it fits in quite nicely on how not to be brainwashed.

In love & light :love:

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
~Alex Hamilton* (British journalist), in a radio broadcast (Nov. 9, 1978)
quoted in The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations

Steven
4th August 2010, 19:34
Ah! Thanks for this. It makes me think about Joseph Murphy 'the power of your subconscious mind'. In Murphy's book, the same theme are adressed, not to subjugate others like in this text, but rather to discover how the mind works and turn it into a sea of possibilities. Thanks again.

Namaste, Steven

Dale
4th August 2010, 20:05
Great topic! If we stand true to ourselves, and true to our goals and beliefs, we cannot be brainwashed by anyone but our own self. Once again it's about being 100% in control of our own thoughts and actions, not other influences.

I definitely agree with you! Like I said earlier, it all boils down to awareness. To be aware of these psychological control mechanisms being used on us places us in a mindset that is much, much, much more difficult to manipulate. It's all about being aware of who you are, what your story is, and where you're going. All in the deepest, most spiritual sense.

Ah! Thanks for this. It makes me think about Joseph Murphy 'the power of your subconscious mind'.

This book sounds very interesting! I checked a summary of it on Amazon, and I think I'll have to order it soon. I'm a bit of a voracious reader :p

Another book I'd recommend on this topic would be 'Handbook to Higher Consciousness,' by Ken Keyes.

FrankoL
4th August 2010, 21:39
In the past I was a TV fan (to be honest). Then I noticed/realized that I was by almost of the times anxious, frustrated and angry. So for I quitted watching it (only by this reason). OK, almost... :) Occasionally I spend some of my time on news, documentaries or movies. But I am seeing it through different lens, so to speak.

I did self analysis ... why I was so upset in regards. I realize it is not technology itself but the content. Through TV you perceive the world and reality you are not a part of: star-system, reality shows, wars, criminal, catastrophes around the globe ... Actually TV is showing you how the things should be, what is right or wrong, what is good for you, what you should eat/drink... Just turn around yourself you will see that you live in a global village.

Do you think we should know all of that? Why we are not living our reality?

Displayed states (on TV) somehow forces us to believe that you con-created them. This is the main reason of frustration. Even more, nowadays this concept is migrating to the internet. Only approach is different I think (new portals = old TV channel eg.:Facebook). My advice: If you are not comfortable with any of media and its content, simply leave it. I already deleted my account on Facebook. I don't regret it, even more I feel free.

Steven
4th August 2010, 21:47
In the past I was a TV fan (to be honest). Then I noticed/realized that I was by almost of the times anxious, frustrated and angry. So for I quitted watching it (only by this reason). OK, almost... :) Occasionally I spend some of my time on news, documentaries or movies. But I am seeing it through different lens, so to speak.

I did self analysis ... why I was so upset in regards. I realize it is not technology itself but the content. Through TV you perceive the world and reality you are not a part of: star-system, reality shows, wars, criminal, catastrophes around the globe ... Actually TV is showing you how the things should be, what is right or wrong, what is good for you, what you should eat/drink... Just turn around yourself you will see that you live in a global village.

Do you think we should know all of that? Why we are not living our reality?

Displayed states (on TV) somehow forces us to believe that you con-created them. This is the main reason of frustration. Even more, nowadays this concept is migrating to the internet. Only approach is different I think (new portals = old TV channel eg.:Facebook). My advice: If you are not comfortable with any of media and its content, simply leave it. I already deleted my account on Facebook. I don't regret it, even more I feel free.

I like your post Frankol, its right on the spot.

Namaste, Steven

East Sun
4th August 2010, 23:31
I noticed a long time ago that I hated tv commercials and all that goes with it. I came to not be able to tolerate them. My family knew that and hit the mute button every time as I did. Long story short, I got to hate the tv garbage and stopped watching it. NOw while I'm on the computer or reading my wife likes to watch tv so I'm bombarded by it and hate it even more. That's ok when I can escape from it. But all this is a trait that has been going on for a long time. I can see the phoniness that we are saturated with everywhere and am so glad there are forums like this where I can realize I'm not totally bonkers. It is a gift, I suppose, to see the reality involved and I would not have it any other way.
But what to do besides 'talk' on forums and listen to people who 'just don't want to hear it.'
Being constantly aware of the 'process' and not being able to demonstrate it to others is extremely frustrating.
I'm still waiting for some direction through meditation or dreams or realization or something. Open and waiting and 'aware' hopefully but still searching.
At least the fog is lifting.