PDA

View Full Version : END of the Internet !! is there any truth to it ?

norman
4th August 2010, 11:11
I've just been sent a link to a vid by an activist group who claim they have inside info that there is worldwide plan/conspiracy to completely take down the FREE internet by 2012 and replace it with a subcription system like satelite TV, and charging more for EXTRA SITES!.. etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN_Ns&feature=related

My initial gut feeling, apart from horror, is that they can only do it that fast if there is some other "pearl harbor" type event about to occure that will bang it into place very quickly.

VestnikRA
4th August 2010, 11:24
I believe there is no "free" staff at all, we always pay for everything we use just sometimes it is not so obvious.
The same with the internet. You at least have to buy a computer and pay for the power in order to use "free" internet so you still pay for it. :)

bluestflame
4th August 2010, 11:26
interesting they are tightening up on blackberry transmissions cos it does not send info or emails encrypted, they are touting national security and potential for terrorists to get access to information passed

if they do something like to the net it would be under the guise of stopping terrorists from using it to spread information undetected , hence thier subsequent implemented powers to read our private emails (not that they don't already, it would just mean they could the information gathered already to prosecute)

like a wiretap is only needed to have official approval if it's going to be used in a court of law to be used as evidence , other than that it can be done unofficially in order to inform themselves and pick thier legal taps more carefully

norman
4th August 2010, 11:33
I believe there is no "free" staff at all, we always pay for everything we use just sometimes it is not so obvious.
The same with the internet. You at least have to buy a computer and pay for the power in order to use "free" internet so you still pay for it. :)

actuall, I got both definitions of the word FREE mixed up in my OP. I'm concerned about losing both of them.

I found THIS!... too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQbWpSZzwU&feature=related

Steven
4th August 2010, 11:37
What has been public about internet restriction is some talks from Obama, Jay Rockefellers, Marianne Mikko, etc... Bringing up front the fragility of the system from cyber attacks and treats (again).

Now, between the fear of completly loosing internet and what really will happen, I think there is a great gap.

Here is an old thread from AV1 feeding the topic with interesting public information.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?p=149797

Namaste, Steven

bluestflame
4th August 2010, 11:49
the old sleight of hand trick they are so fond of , leak the worst case scenario , let that get around a bit , then announce thier real target which will seem minor and more easily and readily embraced , that's the formula behind a lot of the so called leaked govt documents announcing prospectus for new legislation

Pan
4th August 2010, 12:01
Isn't this the hot topic the general public calls; Network neutrality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality)?
To me it seems unlikely they are able to just remove or end the internet.
For starters I honestly don't think the internet is one of "their" products.
And in a more tangible way, the internet is just too embedded into our day to day lives. (for us fortunate people)

Though I have an open question, since the internet is just a protocal (if I understand it correctly) wouldn't we be able to set up a new internet?
Or would that require a completly new infrastructure? Because as far as I understand the concept of "internet" if I connect 20 pc's tomorow across the globe, I would have set up a global private network. The traffic uses the existing infrastructure, but as far as I know nobody but me can dictate what type of information is send over that network. If that concept is valid I don't think we have to fear much since a pirate or free information network will be created.

Richard
4th August 2010, 12:08
hey all, perhaps there's truth to this... http://www.endoftheinternet.com/

:)

norman
4th August 2010, 12:09
........ since the internet is just a protocal (if I understand it correctly) wouldn't we be able to set up a new internet?
Or would that require a completly new infrastructure?....

Not if they legislate against you doing it first, as a result of err.. say.... "a terrorist event" on the web.

here's a video that deals with some of the infrastructure issues, as they are 'selling' it down the line to their minions and clients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOmnpQ66Rnc

and another pointed little number with an annoying soundtrack, but well worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5RQrxkGgCM&feature=related

AND:

Is success killing the internet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDgxGN6cqTA&feature=related

AND:

"House rejects net neutrality"....... now the 'late to the party' gate keepers can privately TAX the web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ctfGSdlSPw&NR=1

Pan
4th August 2010, 12:25
Not if they legislate against you doing it first, as a result of err.. say.... "a terrorist event" on the web.

here's a video that deals with some of the infrastructure issues, as they are 'selling' it down the line to their minions and clients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOmnpQ66Rnc

Thanks for that link.

Can you believe that as soon as I saw the first few seconds of that video I physically felt distress.

"Re-architecting the Internet for Sustainability" *big sigh* I'm sure I don't need to spell out why I sighed among this compagny.

Though you know, its against the law to torrent as well. Yet nearly everybody does it in some way or another.
I'm very sure that if we allow such a system to come into place there will be a serious pirate answer.

Without taking any stand on that subject.
I'm just pointing out that it is human nature to bend under pressure. There's already a lot of bending going on as is. :p
disclaimer: I am in no way defending or attacking the issue of copyright infringement.

That was actually very funny, cheers. :)

Operator
4th August 2010, 12:31
To me it seems unlikely they are able to just remove or end the internet.

You are right, they won't but the effect maybe the same. They're not stupid. Taking it away would cause riots and although that
might be a goal on itself one day ... we're not there yet.
Internet will be made unusable and more difficult to access. The drums about Internet2.0 are rumbling for years already and
it looks like nothing is happening but it's introduced tiptoe style.

For starters I honestly don't think the internet is one of "their" products.

This baby belongs to DARPA ... part of the military industrial complex ... so I guess it is theirs.

Though I have an open question, since the internet is just a protocal (if I understand it correctly) wouldn't we be able to set up a new internet?
Or would that require a completly new infrastructure? Because as far as I understand the concept of "internet" if I connect 20 pc's tomorow across the globe, I would have set up a global private network. The traffic uses the existing infrastructure, but as far as I know nobody but me can dictate what type of information is send over that network. If that concept is valid I don't think we have to fear much since a pirate or free information network will be created.

Well, yes and no ... Ham radio operators already use packet switching over radio networks so it's doable but this infrastructure is in almost no way (e.g. capacity)
comparable with the current internet. Getting something comparable up and running requires a lot of organization and if I look how much posts it did take to
organize a live event with Bill it will be more difficult than you think.

Sure we have great things like Mozilla Firefox and people are very well capable of cooperating ... but they had the benefit of the internet already being there.
So we may have some kind of chicken and egg problem .... or ... we should be working on our own alternative already.

The way Internet2.0 works is very clever. In the data stream it's e.g. already known who is requesting data and who is sending data. Without switching it off you can
take care that a percentage of packets gets lost all the time. This way you can slow down or disable traffic on certain paths.

This is measurable and is already being done ...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Yeah, I can't find it anymore ... but there is/was a "last page of the internet":

You've reached the last page of the internet, so you can switch of your computer and go play in the garden now ... (or something like that).

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Here it is: http://www.internetlastpage.com/

norman
4th August 2010, 12:34
The way Internet2.0 works is very clever. In the data stream it's e.g. already known who is requesting data and who is sending data. Without switching it off you can take care that a percentage of packets gets lost all the time. This way you can slow down or disable traffic on certain paths.

Whaw!.....

Pan
4th August 2010, 12:40
The way Internet2.0 works is very clever. In the data stream it's e.g. already known who is requesting data and who is sending data. Without switching it off you can
take care that a percentage of packets gets lost all the time. This way you can slow down or disable traffic on certain paths.

Yes thats true.
And I'm aware of that. Or atleast my IT friend tells me something that resembles that train of thought.
But thank you for answering my question. So in a nutshell we should have created the network already.

Though I don't agree that it is "their" baby.
But thats not really the subject of this thread. :)

steve_a
4th August 2010, 12:42
Hi norman,

There's a good possibility of this happening. Why not? In the UK we have TV licenses if we watch the BBC or not, cable, telephone, postage stamps. There is absolutely nothing new about this supposition. For those who don't want or can't afford, they will find another way to entertain themselves, just as I did with CB radio almost thirty years ago!

Best regards,

Steve

Alloya
26th November 2010, 23:08
Lots of talk on youtube about the NWO closing down the internet by 2012 ? Any thoughts on this ?

Solphilos
26th November 2010, 23:12
Yep, lot's of inane and useless 'information' on youtube :p

That particular site is not a legitimate source of information, that's why my computer never walks in that direction when I'm online.

Dale
26th November 2010, 23:18
Lots of talk on youtube about the NWO closing down the internet by 2012 ? Any thoughts on this ?

To my knowledge, the Internet has evolved into a clever tool used by clever, yet malicious, groups. Not only has the Internet become an effective trick to distract large groups, rerouting abilities and talents, it has become a fountain, spewing out vast amounts of misinformation, pseudoscience, and other varying forms of pure silliness.

Simply put, the Internet has evolved into a highly efficient tool of mass distraction. As long as "aware" individuals are toying with silly merkaba (sounds like an exotic wine!) tuning techniques, and faster ways to ascend, or who's a reptilian; they won't catch on to the "adults" actually dealing the cards.

I don't see the Internet exiting, stage left, anytime soon.

Teakai
26th November 2010, 23:21
Yep, lot's of inane and useless 'information' on youtube :p

That particular site is not a legitimate source of information, that's why my computer never walks in that direction when I'm online.

Granted there is a load of rubbish there, but there's also a whole lot of really good information to be found there, Solphilos. You just need to use your discernment.
Cant really argue with the you tube video of Bill Gates and his vacination depopulation talk.
Or the ex Canadian Minister of defence talking about the reality of UFO's.
Or NASA representatives saying that they underestimated the power of the sun cycle by 20 %

And, I really like it because you can read the body language and hear the voice tone.
People can access documentaries and so much more that wouldn't otherwise be made available to them.
Can you tell I'm a you tube fan :)

truthseekerdan
30th November 2010, 03:23
Just this past Friday, we warned you (http://stopnetregulation.org/stop/fcc-chairman-planning-an-internet-power-grab-next-month/) that a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) December Internet power grab was probably coming.
Well, we now know that it is – and it may be even worse than we thought.

http://biggovernment.com/files/2010/11/locked-computer.jpg

Details have been sketchy, and successive reports often contradictory, but what follows is what seems to be looming over us in December. (We will know for sure on Wednesday, November 24 – if the FCC maintains its current December 15 meeting date.)

FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski appears to be preparing to dramatically increase the FCC’s regulatory role over the Internet (in TWO ways; more on that later).

He is doing so without the necessary Congressional authority – which he himself acknowledges he doesn’t have. And he is doing so by torturing and twisting the regulatory language he is drafting – so as to keep this extraordinary dictatorial seizure within the current Title I confines.
The latter is for The Chairman merely an optical effort. If he can feign the appearance of remaining within Title I, he avoids Reclassification to Title II – against which many of us have long been rightly fighting. He will then portray his fealty to Title I as testament to the alleged “moderation” of his (un)modest proposal.

This will be a totally bogus assertion, but he will make it – and the media will inparrot-esque fashion repeat it. The Chairman should bring crackers to the press conference.
Free Press and the Media Marxists – who have long cried for Title II Reclassification – will on cue rail against The Chairman’s “sell-out.” This will further “bolster” his claim that he has found the magical, mystical Third Way – winding a path between the leftist Open Internet absolutists and the evil telecom companies.

The Chairman should also bring nuts to the press conference – in case Free Press & Co. show up.
(An aside: How are the telecom companies “evil” – when they have invested hundreds of dollars in building the Internet infrastructure? Which has resulted in the free speech, free market Web Xanadu we consumers all currently enjoy. Free Press and the Media Marxists haven’t invested a dime – yet they somehow successfully lay claim to the mantle of “consumer advocates.”)

Of course, this attempted sleight of regulatory hand does not get The Chairman past one glaring problem – the D.C. Circuit Court has already unanimously ruled that the FCC doesn’t have the authority to regulate the Internet under Title I – at least as far as enforcing Network Neutrality is concerned. (Which is why Free Press & Co. have been clamoring for Title II Reclassification.)
And Net Neutrality is why The Chairman has engaged in – and forced us all to endure- this one year-plus kabuki dance. Testimonium – The Chairman now looks poised to have the FCC again attempt to enforce Net Neutrality – under his now stretched-beyond-all-recognition Title I. What a short, selective memory he has.

And most economically destructive of all – it appears The Chairman will try to impose Net Neutrality not just on wired broadband Internet service – but on wireless “smart phones” as well.
This would be a titanic overreach by The Chairman – and an immense blow to the economy. The uncertainty caused just by The Chairman’s prolonged flirtation with the Media Marxists and their ridiculous Internet notions has already cost us billions of dollars in private sector Web investment.
The cost in investment dollars and jobs lost when Net Neutrality is actually imposed will be cataclysmic.

These aren’t the fake “saved or created” jobs of the alleged “stimulus” – these are very real jobs denied or destroyed by the ridiculous and ridiculously damaging Net Neutrality. Imposed by an FCC and its Chairman who know in advance that they do not have the authority to do so.
What will follow will be years of litigation forced upon us by The Chairman – to undo what he knew beforehand he didn’t have the authority to do.

What will follow will be years of diminished and diminishing Web capacity, caused by an absurd policy wrongfully jammed down our throats by a dictatorial, rogue Executive Branch Commission.
What will follow will be years of stagnant or declining job growth, as investment capital rightly flees a regulation-constricted Internet which is no longer amenable to free market success.

What will follow this essay may very well determine the free market, free speech future of the Internet – are you ready to place some calls and send some emails and faxes to protest this preposterous policy proposal and demand that it never be enacted?
Stay tuned – we will soon tell you how you can be a part of the preventative solution.

Source: http://biggovernment.com/smotley/2010/11/23/its-official-the-fcc-will-vote-to-take-over-the-internet-in-december/