PDA

View Full Version : Origins of the New Age

Cartomancer
20th May 2012, 20:23
The New Age is upon us. This is one of the factors contributing to the 2012 phenomena. Even the Mayan calandar designates this era as the margin separating the age of Pisces from the Age of Aquarius in the processional cycle of the zodiac. There are many signs that society has been prepared for this for hundreds of years. It is more obvious starting in the late nineteenth century with the proliferation of Theosophy in the vein of Madame Blavatsky.

Many New Age concepts seem to have been created in early twentieth century books that simply describe concepts like Lemuria, ascended masters, astral travel, the Maitreya etc. Two of the more influential books like "A Dweller on two Planets, or the Dividing of the Way" by Fredrick Spencer Oliver were chanelled material that came to be taken as fact by literally millions of people w/ absolutely no proof beyond him saying it!

From "Folklore of Mt. Shasta; Lemurians":

"Wishar Spenle Cerve's 1931 Lemuria: The Lost Continent of the Pacific is, according to Meisse, "responsible for the legend's widespread popularity" (1993; 146). Perhaps most intriging is Meisse's speculation that "it appears from the similarity of material that "Selvius" and "Cerve" were one and the same person" (1993; 145). Further muddying the waters is Edward Stul's worth claim that "Wishar Spenly Cerve" is really a letter-for-letter pseudonym for "Harve Spencer Lewis," first Imperator of the Rosicrucian Order of North and South America. Still, it is Cerve's book, published by the Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, that has provided the popular description of the Lemurians as "tall, graceful, and agile," and as visitors that "would come to one of the smaller towns and trade nuggets and gold dust for some modern commodities"

These two books contain almost every New Age concept valued today.

Are we being prepared for a new religion? Is this what all of the talk about the Maitreya is related to? Are we that shallow that we can watch other men form [/FONT]religions and cause biblical events and believe? Alternately am I not seeing the truth in what is going on?

Whiskey_Mystic
20th May 2012, 20:44
Hi Cartomancer,

Your post is factual and accurate. I appreciate that when you use the words "New Age". you actually know what you are referring to. Hopefully, the thread that you have created will continue to do so.

Although it seems that Theosophy was created out of whole cloth by Blavatsky, I propose that Blavatsky only wrote down what was taught in mystery schools going all the way back to Egypt. As a student of the Taoist Arts, I find it fascinating that many of the teachings of Theosophy are also found in the Taoist tradition, but using other words and names to describe things. Some of them (though not all) even line up with Buddhist and Vedic teachings, though this could be said of Christianity as well.

I do think that, like Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to some degree, Theosophy relabeled New Age is indeed being used and hijacked for nefarious purposes. Also just as in these other religious movements, that does not detract from what wisdom could be found in the original teachings.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Cartomancer
20th May 2012, 21:31
Hi Cartomancer,

Your post is factual and accurate. I appreciate that when you use the words "New Age". you actually know what you are referring to. Hopefully, the thread that you have created will continue to do so.

Although it seems that Theosophy was created out of whole cloth by Blavatsky, I propose that Blavatsky only wrote down what was taught in mystery schools going all the way back to Egypt. As a student of the Taoist Arts, I find it fascinating that many of the teachings of Theosophy are also found in the Taoist tradition, but using other words and names to describe things. Some of them (though not all) even line up with Buddhist and Vedic teachings, though this could be said of Christianity as well.

I do think that, like Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to some degree, Theosophy relabeled New Age is indeed being used and hijacked for nefarious purposes. Also just as in these other religious movements, that does not detract from what wisdom could be found in the original teachings.

I am glad that you are here having likely studied Theosophy more than me. If you look at what is going on they have a publishing office at the U.N. (Lucius Trust) and had a great deal of influence with even F.D.R. and Nicholas Roerich in the 30's. The 30's seemed to have been a golden age of the development of the New Age. In 1930 Guy Ballard claims to have had an encounter with St. Germain of the slopes of Mt. Shasta and this led to a whole new form of religion. Good point about the Taoist and Indian influence there as well. I think that Theosophy "headquarters" is in India.

Also I'm not picking on New Age believers here because all of the worlds major religions seem to have similar origins when you break it down. I think its good to examine new and different beliefs but the degree to which it seems contrived is kind of disturbing.

eileenrose
21st May 2012, 07:21
RE: Lemuria, still no proof of its existence. Safely under water.

Re: Astral Travel. Don't know on this one. I remote view, but it isn't like how others describe (who took classes). It is personal and about me...for my own evolvement.

If I happen to see something out of this world (often), great, but I don't investigate or try to understand it.....and there isn't any need to.

I have no idea why anyone would try to do it (go out of there body).
Seems like the whole point was to get us into bodies (and not out). Just saying.....

re: Ascended masters. I'm not Buddhist and havn't read much about them.

My take on this is only personal and has to do with entities out of body who still evolve (by taking on human forms -body suits - temporarily, and with permission).
I don't know anything about what the Tibetans have been up to.
But I've been hearing of people being able to leave their bodies (which supposedly..disappear) and then return.
So I'd have to ask them what they mean by 'ascended masters' (so far, no luck on this idea...havn't found anyone to ask...that will answer).

As Earth seems the only place that you can go to (have never heard of where they go when not here....I assume the unformed...which anyone can experience as source...for themselves....).

That is all I got on these often over-used, never really understood (so all assumptions) terms.

Bo Atkinson
21st May 2012, 07:36
Cartomancer,

Please explain more of your point about the title and an 'Age' being 'New'. I couldn't get beyond a few paragraphs of Theosophy, way back. Possibly paperback books were much easier to acquire after WWII. Thrift was thus less of a barrier, literature was spreading around just a little more, than before. Possibly there was more comparitive religious discussion. But was this all part of a bigger picture agenda?

That 1967 song, Age of Aquarius was an easy-going, non-committing musical-concept. Basically a hollywood flourish to quell the doom. As the war mania was committing more cannon fodder, as always, for 18 year old boys (late 1960s). Public communications and media were sure reaching wider populations. My family had finally bought the TV, but i had left home already. Perhaps populations were getting more on the same topics, TV dramas, brand names, etc... FM radio with fewer ads and radical new music was committing new bondages... Was all this part of a new recipe, which the controlers were mixing up ?

Preparing for the same and a new religion you say, especially starting after 1930? Or was it just controllers as usual, adjusting their tunes to accommodate? Does it matter which came first. Or how new it was?

Is it the eon perspective of an 'age'? I hope this is all on topic here. I have always wondered about bigger meanings and purpose of things. Always searched for explanations or systems which solved mysteries. Religions always perplexed me wherein questions were blocked at the door. Submit and shut up. At lest the post 1940 books were numerous enough, that one could check them out. Cheap enough to loose or to see what could be seen. Still remain free.

With Thanks,
wav

Tarka the Duck
21st May 2012, 08:22
Hello Cartomancer

Thank you for raising this topic: it's something I've become very interested in recently and am eager to hear other's views and experiences as I'm only at the beginning of my research. For example, I only discovered recently that Jiddhu Krishnamurti was "discovered" as a teenage boy by Charles Leadbeater of the Theosophical Society, on a beach in Madras, India, in 1909.

Jiddu Krishnamurti was born on 11 May 1895 in Madanapalle, a small town in south India. He and his brother were adopted in their youth by Dr Annie Besant, then president of the Theosophical Society. Dr Besant and others proclaimed that Krishnamurti was to be a world teacher whose coming the Theosophists had predicted. To prepare the world for this coming, a world-wide organization called the Order of the Star in the East was formed and the young Krishnamurti was made its head.

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/about-krishnamurti/biography.php

Prodigal Son
21st May 2012, 12:23

Absolutely spot on.

Blavatsky's Theosophy movement was based on the ancient wisdom tradition. There was only one! It was Annie Besant who first infiltrated and corrupted it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Besant

Now fast forward to recovered mind-control slave Brice Taylor....here's what she had to say:

http://www.truesoundhealing.com/newage.html

Henry Kissinger and the New Age Craze

Henry Kissinger also manipulated the New Age craze. Henry said people who would believe that guides and masters were leading them should be guided by masters, and he considered himself one. Henry said I could trust anyone who wore a crystal as part of my 'family of man'...that's what he called our mind controlled group because it was a family experiment in dynamics, breeding, rearing, etc. These experiments encompassed how everything effected a person, and they felt they might as well learn on the slaves what would be the best for their future progeny. A whole business was made of the New Age to the slave community. As books and items were created for those searching for truth, the self-appointed 'enlightened ones' who were 'in the know' manipulated the spiritual ideologies in order to hide many of their mind control realities. What was behind much of it was really a group of men, controlling mind-controlled robots and herding them in the direction they wanted them. I was programmed to deliver to a famous Los Angeles channeler, the words to say just before a Whole Life Expo event where he channeled the message to a very large group of people in an auditorium who were in an altered meditative state. Henry gave me the exact words to say. They were targeting high-level slaves and it encompassed those programmed with whales and dolphins, angels, ascended masters, eastern religions, energy, quantum physics, UFO's, aliens, channeling, and listening to your guides and angels. They felt if Los Angeles failed then the rest would because most were patterned after Los Angeles.

Cartomancer
21st May 2012, 13:23

Absolutely spot on.

Blavatsky's Theosophy movement was based on the ancient wisdom tradition. There was only one! It was Annie Besant who first infiltrated and corrupted it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Besant

Now fast forward to recovered mind-control slave Brice Taylor....here's what she had to say:

http://www.truesoundhealing.com/newage.html

Henry Kissinger and the New Age Craze

Henry Kissinger also manipulated the New Age craze. Henry said people who would believe that guides and masters were leading them should be guided by masters, and he considered himself one. Henry said I could trust anyone who wore a crystal as part of my 'family of man'...that's what he called our mind controlled group because it was a family experiment in dynamics, breeding, rearing, etc. These experiments encompassed how everything effected a person, and they felt they might as well learn on the slaves what would be the best for their future progeny. A whole business was made of the New Age to the slave community. As books and items were created for those searching for truth, the self-appointed 'enlightened ones' who were 'in the know' manipulated the spiritual ideologies in order to hide many of their mind control realities. What was behind much of it was really a group of men, controlling mind-controlled robots and herding them in the direction they wanted them. I was programmed to deliver to a famous Los Angeles channeler, the words to say just before a Whole Life Expo event where he channeled the message to a very large group of people in an auditorium who were in an altered meditative state. Henry gave me the exact words to say. They were targeting high-level slaves and it encompassed those programmed with whales and dolphins, angels, ascended masters, eastern religions, energy, quantum physics, UFO's, aliens, channeling, and listening to your guides and angels. They felt if Los Angeles failed then the rest would because most were patterned after Los Angeles.

That was quite an experience and seems to have laid bare the nuts and bolts of what is going on. The list of ways they snag you there at the end was very comprehensive with a few I've never thought of before.

On the surface New Age beliefs don't seem to be any more harmful or controlling than traditional religious beliefs. I wonder if it is easier to use these concepts because they are out of the mainstream and people might identify themselves with them more strongly because of this. Interesting you mention Kissinger when there is a strong U.N. connection to Theosophy. The Lucius Trust of Theosophy is a publishing company based very near the U.N. where Kissinger is based. Wild that Kissinger uses the term "master" as the antithesis is "slave."

After your experiences do you think that some useful concepts are being taken advantage of or is the whole kit just bad and set up to manipulate people?

Cartomancer
21st May 2012, 13:31
Hello Cartomancer

Thank you for raising this topic: it's something I've become very interested in recently and am eager to hear other's views and experiences as I'm only at the beginning of my research. For example, I only discovered recently that Jiddhu Krishnamurti was "discovered" as a teenage boy by Charles Leadbeater of the Theosophical Society, on a beach in Madras, India, in 1909.

Jiddu Krishnamurti was born on 11 May 1895 in Madanapalle, a small town in south India. He and his brother were adopted in their youth by Dr Annie Besant, then president of the Theosophical Society. Dr Besant and others proclaimed that Krishnamurti was to be a world teacher whose coming the Theosophists had predicted. To prepare the world for this coming, a world-wide organization called the Order of the Star in the East was formed and the young Krishnamurti was made its head.

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/about-krishnamurti/biography.php

I guess this kind of makes you wonder what perameters are applied in order to discover someone? That's seems rather presumptuous. "I am so informed and aware that I can spot special people." Now is this the same Order of the Eastern Star that is so popular in the U.S.?

Cartomancer
21st May 2012, 13:38
Cartomancer,

Please explain more of your point about the title and an 'Age' being 'New'. I couldn't get beyond a few paragraphs of Theosophy, way back. Possibly paperback books were much easier to acquire after WWII. Thrift was thus less of a barrier, literature was spreading around just a little more, than before. Possibly there was more comparitive religious discussion. But was this all part of a bigger picture agenda?

That 1967 song, Age of Aquarius was an easy-going, non-committing musical-concept. Basically a hollywood flourish to quell the doom. As the war mania was committing more cannon fodder, as always, for 18 year old boys (late 1960s). Public communications and media were sure reaching wider populations. My family had finally bought the TV, but i had left home already. Perhaps populations were getting more on the same topics, TV dramas, brand names, etc... FM radio with fewer ads and radical new music was committing new bondages... Was all this part of a new recipe, which the controlers were mixing up ?

Preparing for the same and a new religion you say, especially starting after 1930? Or was it just controllers as usual, adjusting their tunes to accommodate? Does it matter which came first. Or how new it was?

Is it the eon perspective of an 'age'? I hope this is all on topic here. I have always wondered about bigger meanings and purpose of things. Always searched for explanations or systems which solved mysteries. Religions always perplexed me wherein questions were blocked at the door. Submit and shut up. At lest the post 1940 books were numerous enough, that one could check them out. Cheap enough to loose or to see what could be seen. Still remain free.

With Thanks,
wav

I'm trying to find out more. The New Age in practical terms simply measures which sign of the zodiac is being pointed to by the north pole. Since the earth completes a slow wobble every 25,625 years. As it slowly move the pole points to currently the sign of Pisces. We are on the margin space between Pisces and Aquarius right now. So we are moving into the New Age of Aquarius. There is some evidence that a new religion is propigated or foisted upon us each time a New Age is reached. This may be why all the hype about 2012 and the Mayan Calander.

I feel that men have to plan some event or happening in order to impress us with this concept. They are touting a Maitreya or Christ like figure that is supposed to be alive right now. Please any astrologers out there feel free to chime in.

bearcow
21st May 2012, 14:02
Krishnamurti was born on 11 May 1895 in Madanapalle, a small town in south India. He and his brother were adopted in their youth by Dr Annie Besant, then president of the Theosophical Society. Dr Besant and others proclaimed that Krishnamurti was to be a world teacher whose coming the Theosophists had predicted. To prepare the world for this coming, a world-wide organization called the Order of the Star in the East was formed and the young Krishnamurti was made its head.

The fact that Krishnamurti became such a highly regarded philosopher in his own right even after he left the theosophical society, gives credibility in the legitimate psychic abilities of Charles Leadbetter. Leadbetter saw Krishnamurti's aura in his youth while he was playing with his brother on the beach, and proclaimed him to have the most brilliant energy he had seen in any individual. Krishnamurti at this time was a spindly, uneducated peasant, there was no external evidence that within him existed the mind that would become one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century. The order of the star was an organization designed to herald the coming of the new world teacher, the theosophists believed Krishnamurti was this individual. Krishnamurti disbanded the order of the star, and went off on his own, thus effectively ending the theosophical society's major influence in esoteric circles. The society still exists but they are a shadow of what they once were. They have nothing to do with the masonic group known as the order of the eastern star. Someone really should make Krishnamurti's early life in the theosophical society into a movie, it is really one of the most interesting stories you will come across.

Delight
21st May 2012, 17:57
Krishnamurti was born on 11 May 1895 in Madanapalle, a small town in south India. He and his brother were adopted in their youth by Dr Annie Besant, then president of the Theosophical Society. Dr Besant and others proclaimed that Krishnamurti was to be a world teacher whose coming the Theosophists had predicted. To prepare the world for this coming, a world-wide organization called the Order of the Star in the East was formed and the young Krishnamurti was made its head.

The fact that Krishnamurti became such a highly regarded philosopher in his own right even after he left the theosophical society, gives credibility in the legitimate psychic abilities of Charles Leadbetter. Leadbetter saw Krishnamurti's aura in his youth while he was playing with his brother on the beach, and proclaimed him to have the most brilliant energy he had seen in any individual. Krishnamurti at this time was a spindly, uneducated peasant, there was no external evidence that within him existed the mind that would become one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century. The order of the star was an organization designed to herald the coming of the new world teacher, the theosophists believed Krishnamurti was this individual. Krishnamurti disbanded the order of the star, and went off on his own, thus effectively ending the theosophical society's major influence in esoteric circles. The society still exists but they are a shadow of what they once were. They have nothing to do with the masonic group known as the order of the eastern star. Someone really should make Krishnamurti's early life in the theosophical society into a movie, it is really one of the most interesting stories you will come across.

As far as I am concerned, the term "New Age" is a pejorative discounting term. It applies to EVERYTHING from the wisdom schools' and indigenous knowledge of ancient truth resurfacing to charlatans fleecing the gullible. It is interesting that the glib terminology eviscerates what is useful in the trite and trash and glitz and deceitful. One would just not want o take anything without sifting. But one does not want to overlook the tools that we might find?

So, what is actually pointed out in the above post is that there are natural capacities of the human (subtle senses) and these may be used by various religions: promoted, co-opted or perhaps discouraged. The capacities are organic, not theosophical or philosophical or religious. They are a science that we know much less about now than we ever understood. Maybe it is the precession or the ages or overt discouragement. However, once on knows they are real, one may begin to develop them.

I recently was re-reading some really good fiction (?) by a man from England who called himself T Lobsang Rampa. No matter what the truth of the stories, he tells a fascinating tale that rings with experience of being educated in Tibetan Lamaism. Then there are authors like Elizabeth Haich who told another riviting tale "Initiation" of the ancient mystery schools of Egypt. That one too chimes with the ring of experience.

There is an author Neville Goddard who says that "god" is our own human imagination. He had a teacher who was exotic... who was purported to be Ethiopian and a keeper of the esoteric Judaic tradition. Neville uses the Bible as a symbolic psychological mythos to describe what is going on with our spiritual development. His teachings also feel true.

If we have access to our own subtle senses, we can learn direct from Universal Mind. If we use our natural human "godly" power of imagination, we can manifest the chosen experience in this realm. Yes, imagination and development of innate human capacity is the key.

Religions are static and at best aimed at the lowest common denominator of the social organism.
I do appreciate that religion has an outer court and an inner circle of teaching. There comes a time though when one has to step outside the teachings that are received.
It is tricky finding the path and people want guidance.

I am concerned that often enough to be a pattern "teachers" and Gurus speak very well but do not behave as they speak. Some are actually dangers in their deceptive manipulation. So, again, self understanding is sooo important and maybe it just takes a whole long "time" to develop?

We would like to experience self-respect, self-appreciation, SELF connection and the realization of the truth that humans have hidden from each other. Actually we hide from ourselves until we just can't continue the deception. I feel like it is so unguilting to declare that all and each is undergoing a grand expedition and exploration in perfect timing...
no matter what the particulars of the phase. New Age popular culture is definitely a new phase.

Whiskey_Mystic
21st May 2012, 18:40
I found out a few years ago that L. Frank Baum was really into Theosophy and he injected core theosophical concepts into The Wizard of Oz. So, anyone who thought there was something occult going on there, there definitely was.

So these ideas have been injected into the mainstream from the beginning and before Kissinger rose to power. Because of the underlying lessons about the nature of reality and the human experience, I would say that The Wizard of Oz was the Matrix of it's day.

And YOU were there, and YOU were there.....

Cartomancer
21st May 2012, 20:30
Alright. Now we're getting somewhere.

Through my misspent youth I was a huge fan of bands like Led Zeppelin and The Grateful Dead (still dig the music) that upon examination are kind of part of the New Age programing ala The Wizard of OZ. What kept me from this for so long was the image of the conservative christian denouncing these bands as satanic. Now I understand what they are saying though I'm not sure its satanic.

I wonder if this all happens every time the "New Age" occurs. Is it all manipulation by people or is there anything divine involved at all? Is it the same thing?

Bo Atkinson
22nd May 2012, 00:15
I tend to wonder if the various suppressors of normal humans, might include (as allies or aliases or orphans) such diverse figures as Satan, Lucifer, Archons, AIs, and the vengeful ETs which George Green talked about. (If not various others whose designations perplex me). My point being that this might not need an elaborate, academic treatment. (But i would love to study one all the same).

For my relaxation, i group all such entities into a general, common category. I rather think the whole complex multiverse is some sort of unsettling but actually-respectable game and school, all at the same time. Wherein, indeed cycles happen, alignments channel energies according to schedules. which catalyze human, spiritual growth. If catalysts were never used, then humanoids would tend to self rigidify or self adulate-- Generally never to graduate or aspire to higher purposes.

Yes it always perks me to hear of yet further linkages of personages and curious mysteries. I have had plenty of faults myself, and thankful moments of learning better. But the exciting mysteries invigorate me more than any boring state of automation. Does it spur goodness of heart? I think it does. Thanx all.

Mozart
22nd May 2012, 04:49
Since the CIA coined the term, New Age, I would strongly suggest that you use the term, Golden Age.

tenacity1
22nd May 2012, 05:56
who created the NEW AGe guys who went to Harvard like Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert. Men in Hitlers time who were occultists , this whole thing including our so called Hippie movement I have begun to wonder .. couldn't they also have been psy ops.. don't expect me to post proof..I'm just pondering.. I do think a hefty read of the files of JEdgar that have been released might be wise and for a humourous take on it "the Men who stare at Goats" might be good.. As I have said before I stick with Native American practices,, the rest seems counter intuitive to me. However that doesn't mean I am denigarting anyones belief at all. Just pondering.. always questioning.. and realizing that we don't need heroes.. we just need to be the heroes we wish to see

goinghome2012
22nd May 2012, 06:32
This age is coming to a close, aprox every 6,800 years, a new cycle begins
Definitely this age won' t be a gradually end, it will be sudden
Just like what happened 6800 years ago; that is why the Christians think the world started 6,000 years ago
Every cycle or age comes to a completion
This is the last cycle of the shift of the ages which happens every 26,000 years
Prepare for pole/solar flare dimensional shift
This world will end as we know it and a new one created eventually in the 5th dimension

Godiam
22nd May 2012, 06:39
Since the CIA coined the term, New Age, I would strongly suggest that you use the term, Golden Age.

Exactly, As soon as we put a label on anything..... we place it in a box!!

I don't believe my Truths can be placed in a box, They are mine and mine alone, There may be many Truths I share with others, but I have come to my beliefs (KNOWINGS) by experience and intuition!

When I first started searching for meaning, I thought NEW AGE was exactly what I needed, but I have discarded many things, and retained what sings to my soul!

HUGS...........Godiam

Holistic Universe God Spirit

Godiam
22nd May 2012, 06:48
This age is coming to a close, aprox every 6,800 years, a new cycle begins
Definitely this age won' t be a gradually end, it will be sudden
Just like what happened 6800 years ago; that is why the Christians think the world started 6,000 years ago
Every cycle or age comes to a completion
This is the last cycle of the shift of the ages which happens every 26,000 years
Prepare for pole/solar flare dimensional shift
This world will end as we know it and a new one created eventually in the 5th dimension

Hi goinghome

I disagree (respectfully) that the end of the age will be sudden, I think it will happen over 2 to 3 generations and is just part of the ongoing evolution of humanity! I believe 2012 is the midpoint of this change and that humanity in the future will be more compassionate and that we will see an end to war and violence to settle differences between countries!

The magnetic poles are moving as we speak, but i do not foresee a physical shift as this would be the end of life on Earth!

HUGS...........Godiam

goinghome2012
22nd May 2012, 07:39
Blessings to you
I disagree
Yes consciousness is changing, but not enough
To the point of utopia in the next 20 years
There still is a relentless disinformation and control campaign going on, for what?
Why the underground bases?
Why the underground development on mars
Why CIA moved to Denver?
Why the Norway seed vault
A magnetic reversal will happen when nibiru passes or of a galactic aligment

Antagenet
22nd May 2012, 10:48
ptjUhuv90vs

There is a sheep-like elitist conformity in the new age movement that I find very disturbing.
I am not surprised that the elitists are using it as propaganda to control the masses.

IndigoStar
22nd May 2012, 11:35
The New Age is upon us. This is one of the factors contributing to the 2012 phenomena. Even the Mayan calandar designates this era as the margin separating the age of Pisces from the Age of Aquarius in the processional cycle of the zodiac. There are many signs that society has been prepared for this for hundreds of years. It is more obvious starting in the late nineteenth century with the proliferation of Theosophy in the vein of Madame Blavatsky.

Many New Age concepts seem to have been created in early twentieth century books that simply describe concepts like Lemuria, ascended masters, astral travel, the Maitreya etc. Two of the more influential books like "A Dweller on two Planets, or the Dividing of the Way" by Fredrick Spencer Oliver were chanelled material that came to be taken as fact by literally millions of people w/ absolutely no proof beyond him saying it!

From "Folklore of Mt. Shasta; Lemurians":

"Wishar Spenle Cerve's 1931 Lemuria: The Lost Continent of the Pacific is, according to Meisse, "responsible for the legend's widespread popularity" (1993; 146). Perhaps most intriging is Meisse's speculation that "it appears from the similarity of material that "Selvius" and "Cerve" were one and the same person" (1993; 145). Further muddying the waters is Edward Stul's worth claim that "Wishar Spenly Cerve" is really a letter-for-letter pseudonym for "Harve Spencer Lewis," first Imperator of the Rosicrucian Order of North and South America. Still, it is Cerve's book, published by the Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, that has provided the popular description of the Lemurians as "tall, graceful, and agile," and as visitors that "would come to one of the smaller towns and trade nuggets and gold dust for some modern commodities"

These two books contain almost every New Age concept valued today.

Are we being prepared for a new religion? Is this what all of the talk about the Maitreya is related to? Are we that shallow that we can watch other men form [/FONT]religions and cause biblical events and believe? Alternately am I not seeing the truth in what is going on?

There is physical evidence that an intelligent race existed on this planet. Brien Foerster (archaeologist) has found skulls in Paracas, Peru which appear to be what we know as the Lemurians. Also, many pyramidal structures have been discovered under the sea pointing to more evidence that an intelligent race lived here way before current history would have us believe.

I think you are wise to recognise the 'new age religion' trap. It has many similarities to pitfalls in other religions, such as putting the 'believer' into a box of limited belief system. It is much wiser to stay open to all and attach oneself to no beliefs.

People like to believe that they are 'special' ...each religious group believes they are the 'chosen' ones, here to save humanity. The New Agers are at great risk of falling into that trap (imo).

Bo Atkinson
22nd May 2012, 13:27
The "New Age" seems to draw in both science and religion...

I've been musing over a great statement, to the effect that: Religion is prefabricated perceptions, while science is or should be acquired perceptions... Now, during my life, it has seemed that both of these polarities are always blender-ized. Authentic thinking would therefore require that humans build up each scientific experience or observation personally, while truly mastering science. While authentic thinking should also require each religious experience or revelation to be aquired personally. Neither of these disciplines should be swallowed whole, without personally mastered acquisition.

Authentic, in these contexts refers to the individual, who should build their personal reality, instead of becoming indoctrinated, from the outside.

Cartomancer
22nd May 2012, 15:03
The "New Age" seems to draw in both science and religion...

I've been musing over a great statement, to the effect that: Religion is prefabricated perceptions, while science is or should be acquired perceptions... Now, during my life, it has seemed that both of these polarities are always blender-ized. Authentic thinking would therefore require that humans build up each scientific experience or observation personally, while truly mastering science. While authentic thinking should also require each religious experience or revelation to be aquired personally. Neither of these disciplines should be swallowed whole, without personally mastered acquisition.

Authentic, in these contexts refers to the individual, who should build their personal reality, instead of becoming indoctrinated, from the outside.

I think you nailed it here Wavydome. It is up to each one of us to go, question, and seek out what we see as the truth. Some want to be led to it.

It is interesting that some have said that the "New Age" is an invention of the CIA. That is one of the things that at first glance many would dismiss. I was listening to Weidner's inteview on Red Ice recently and he speaks of how Frank Zappa noted that the entire sixties so-cal music scene was created in a Hotel near Laurel Canyon that overlooked L.A. Bands like the Byrds and Mommas and the Poppa's were actually contrived to have an impact on you. I later read that John Phillips was part of an occult group known as "the family." I have seen other sources stating this as well.

Today we have the spectacular (Black) Madonna occult Super-Bowl Half time extravaganza and many hip-hop artists being accused of being into the occult as well. The whole Disney thing is something I used to scoff at but does look like there are reasons it is being said. Even the above poster who pointed out the Nazi's as having a huge role has a great point. They were trying to definitely create a new society and religion possibly in response to the comin New Age.

Delight
22nd May 2012, 15:20
Alright. Now we're getting somewhere.
I wonder if this all happens every time the "New Age" occurs. Is it all manipulation by people or is there anything divine involved at all? Is it the same thing?

The New Age stuff might help us ease into non ordinary reality?

The Ego needs help on the journey of transcendence. I believe its all for the Cause of consciousness
Neil Kramer is suggesting the unfoldment already in 2008 .......

i6svaXG8Ph4

FP2KO_Hza_M

lm9K8i5pHM8

RunningDeer
22nd May 2012, 17:26
Back in the summer of 1986, through power naps and contemplation and watching pictures come across my mind, a story wrote itself. It was before I had a quality computer, so I backed up my material on to a tape recorder.

I submitted the finished product to several places. Letters that came back explaining that it didn’t fit the sci-fi genre. While waiting for the “next rejection”, I discovered an old bookstore. Books ‘talk’ to me. This one particular one, on the top shelf said, “Pick me, pick me.” I was dumbfounded, because it was about two different expeditions that came up with the same conclusion. I don’t recall the title but it was something like “The Hollow Earth”. Their accounts had been woven into my writings, where ships were sucked into this vortex at the poles. Tall people took care of the shipwrecked castaways and sent them back, with only a vague recollection and a pack that no one was to speak of it.

I write this because my book was about how one society was driven below the Earth to live out their days. They had radiation poison and were deformed. This class didn’t have access to the medications. Unbeknownst to the “elite” above, this society thrived and used materials from their environment and healed everyone. Their intuitive powers where just a part of who they had evolved into. This race was thousands of years old and many lived to be 700-800 years. By the twentieth century, their mission was to come to the surface and assist individuals who exhibited love, kindness, generosity, etc. The goal was to prepare them to help others that were awakening. Too, the ancient society were preparing to come up in larger numbers to integrate above. The ending was that those with evolving energies joined with the ancient society in their world because too many were not ready to let go of the anger and fighting and class divisions.

I’d be the first to admit that by today’s standards, the story is basic. Back then, at least for someone like me who only read philosophy books, it was an interesting journey. I rationalized that I was influenced by films and books such as, “The Lost Horizon”, “Shangri-La”, “The Kin of Ata are Waiting for You.” But there were details that were different from this material. A couple of years ago, I came across, “The Hollow Earth,” by Dianne Robbins. That book has some similar information. It served to confirm what my gut and experiences told me some 24 years earlier. On some level, I seem to recall this even when I was young.

I've experienced some fun things. I have no need to prove them to anyone. I believe that everyone has the same ability if they only step out of their own way. Toss out the labels. Open to the possibility. It will show itself. Even more so now with this new energy that’s unlocking the strands of DNA. Opening up the charkas. Or however you perceive it. Spend time and energy on what’s within or ultimately not within. Just jump. That’s what we’re here for IMO.

Some may think I'm an Airy-fairy, New Age-y, Pollyanna, BUT I know my next stop. It's a place where all are ageless, total health, loving communities, manifesting whatever is needed, surrounded by beauty and air filled with fragrances, thought communications with all life, etc. If you can dream it, it’s there where I am and many others.

Cartomancer
23rd May 2012, 00:37
Back in the summer of 1986, through power naps and contemplation and watching pictures come across my mind, a story wrote itself. It was before I had a quality computer, so I backed up my material on to a tape recorder.

I submitted the finished product to several places. Letters that came back explaining that it didn’t fit the sci-fi genre. While waiting for the “next rejection”, I discovered an old bookstore. Books ‘talk’ to me. This one particular one, on the top shelf said, “Pick me, pick me.” I was dumbfounded, because it was about two different expeditions that came up with the same conclusion. I don’t recall the title but it was something like “The Hollow Earth”. Their accounts had been woven into my writings, where ships were sucked into this vortex at the poles. Tall people took care of the shipwrecked castaways and sent them back, with only a vague recollection and a pack that no one was to speak of it.

I write this because the book was about how one society was driven below the Earth to live out their days. They had radiation poison and were deformed. This class didn’t have access to the medications. Unbeknownst to the “elite” above, this society thrived and used materials from their environment and healed everyone. Their intuitive powers where just a part of who they had evolved into. This race was thousands of years old and many lived to be 700-800 years. By the twentieth century, their mission was to come to the surface and assist individuals who exhibited love, kindness, generosity, etc. The goal was to prepare them to help others that were awakening. Too, the ancient society were preparing to come up in larger numbers to integrate above. The ending was that those with evolving energies joined with the ancient society in their world because too many were not ready to let go of the anger and fighting and class divisions.

Do part sound familiar today? I’d be the first to admit that by today’s standards, it’s elementary. Back then, at least for someone like me who only read philosophy books, it was an interesting journey. I rationalized that I was influenced by films and books such as, “The Lost Horizon”, “Shangri-La”, “The Kin of Ata are Waiting for You.” But there were details that were different from this material. A couple of years ago, I came across, “The Hollow Earth,” by Dianne Robbins. That book has some similar information. It served to confirm what my gut and experiences told me some 24 years earlier. On some level, I seem to recall this even when I was young.

I've experienced some fun things. I have no need to prove them to anyone. I believe that everyone has the same ability if they only step out of their own way. Toss out the labels. Open to the possibility. It will show itself. Even more so now with this new energy that’s unlocking the strands of DNA. Opening up the charkas. Or however you perceive it. Spend time and energy on what’s within or ultimately not within. Just jump. That’s what we’re here for IMO.

Some may think I'm an Airy-fairy, New Age-y, Pollyanna, BUT I know my next stop. It's a place where all are ageless, total health, loving communities, manifesting whatever is needed, surrounded by beauty and air filled with fragrances, thought communications with all life, etc. If you can dream it, it’s there where I am and many others.

You are always welcome in any discussion I am having. I want someone included here who has some faith in New Age concepts as well. Some of the things that I find point to people's involvement in the way the New Age is propagated and hyped. That does not mean there is no legitimacy to your philosophy or views. I enjoy reading all of your posts. Part of my wonderment and curiosity has to to with the way these things are dealt with through history. When you boil it down there is something to it that we don't know because so much energy is invested in hiding it and creating smoke screens so we can't tell what is going on.

The Hollow Earth is a perfect example. Alexander Von Humboldt theorized in the 1840's that there were hollows at each pole of the earth. He then later strangely recanted in what seemed to be a cover up. Even today the poles are obscured intentionally with a lame excuse even on Google Earth. They won't let us look at them!

This guy was the genius of his era. Two Jules Verne books "Around the world in 80 Days" and "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" were based on his experiences. This is what I'm talking about. If there is something to it they cover it up. You can tell this somehow. Awsome.

RunningDeer
23rd May 2012, 01:38
You are always welcome in any discussion I am having. I want someone included here who has some faith in New Age concepts as well. Some of the things that I find point to people's involvement in the way the New Age is propagated and hyped. That does not mean there is no legitimacy to your philosophy or views. I enjoy reading all of your posts. Part of my wonderment and curiosity has to to with the way these things are dealt with through history. When you boil it down there is something to it that we don't know because so much energy is invested in hiding it and creating smoke screens so we can't tell what is going on.

The Hollow Earth is a perfect example. Alexander Von Humboldt theorized in the 1840's that there were hollows at each pole of the earth. He then later strangely recanted in what seemed to be a cover up. Even today the poles are obscured intentionally with a lame excuse even on Google Earth. They won't let us look at them!

This guy was the genius of his era. Two Jules Verne books "Around the world in 80 Days" and "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" were based on his experiences. This is what I'm talking about. If there is something to it they cover it up. You can tell this somehow. Awsome.

Thanks Cartomancer. My frustration wasn't directed at you or the thread. It comes from the information I'm coming across. How what one thinks may just come from an inner ear device, or programing while we sleep, or ET’s doing “Uh Eeh Uh Ah Ah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang” on us. There's “conspiracy speak” on how the New Age movement is part-and-parcel to keep everyone Om-om-in’ and asleep.

We have abilities that are just an extension of who we are already. They’re found within. We have the power to manifest if for no other reason but to prove to ourselves. Then just carry on with the business of finishing up the 3D phase while dipping our toes into multi-D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHzSOTkDwo

DeDukshyn
26th May 2012, 17:37

Oh my -- the CIA coined the term "New Age"? Not remotely true. They likely did their best to adulterate the term though - as it clearly has been severely adulterated from what it really means. I'll be starting a thread explaining this fairly soon.

Cartomancer
26th May 2012, 18:00

Oh my -- the CIA coined the term "New Age"? Not remotely true. They likely did their best to adulterate the term though - as it clearly has been severely adulterated from what it really means. I'll be starting a thread explaining this fairly soon.

I wonder if during the last transition from the Old to New Age if that's what they called it? Was Christianity or some sort of monotheistic belief being foisted on the people at that time? I wonder if they considered it "New Age" religion then? Obviously the concept of the zodiac and the procession of the ages was known of long before that. It would be interesting to see the dynamics of how the new faith was instituted.

Maia Gabrial
26th May 2012, 19:15
According to George Kavassillas, the New Age movement was started by the Dracos....

DeDukshyn
26th May 2012, 19:40

I wonder if during the last transition from the Old to New Age if that's what they called it? Was Christianity or some sort of monotheistic belief being foisted on the people at that time? I wonder if they considered it "New Age" religion then? Obviously the concept of the zodiac and the procession of the ages was known of long before that. It would be interesting to see the dynamics of how the new faith was instituted.

Hint: -- it all relates to astrology and the earth's precession. the Precession is a single rotation of the earth's wobble that takes ~26,000 years to complete. That cycle is divided into 12 astrological "Ages" - one age for each sign. Each of these ages last ~2166 years. The "New Age" describes a transition from one age to the next. Then next "New Age" begins on Dec 21 2012 -- the age of Aquarius starts and the age of Pisces ends.

I'm sure the CIA didn't go back in time 30,000 years and create the earth's precession and astrology just so they could distract us with the term .. lol. Like I said I'll have a full featured thread on all this and other misunderstandings soon -- I'm still doing a bit of research before I can finish it.

Ba-ba-Ra
26th May 2012, 20:48
My understandinf of new age: When a new constellation is rising on the horizon on the Vernal Equinox. I believe it takes 2,160 years for a constellation to make this progression.

IMO the actually New Age has been sabotaged by:

1. The Commercial Sector - which recognizing the public's hunger for truth has turned it into a billion dollar industry selling pyramids of all sizes made of just about everything miracle remedies, survival kits and map of underground bases of the PTB and/or ET's;.

2. The public media which seems to keep us in fear of just about everything from each other, those that don't look or pray like us, potential earth changes, new diseases, etc.

3 The Guru Syndrome - Cults, secret initiation schools, New Age workshops - often discrediting the few authentic individuals and groups who are doing genuine work away from the limelight.

But what is the real New Age or Golden Age. I wish I could say with assuredly I knew. But what I feel is the quietest, most powerful process in the universe, which is changing hearts and prompting us in Unity Consciousness.

Cartomancer
26th May 2012, 20:49
According to George Kavassillas, the New Age movement was started by the Dracos....

I'm glad you brought that up. There is a lot of mythology and lore about the Draconians and reptilians in general. The constellation Draconis was used as a time keeping device by ancient navigators and priesthood. It rotated around the pole star in a regular scheme. As such this came to be their symbol. They were the priesthood who may have insured that a new faith was propigated along with each New Age.

In addition the measurement of the procession of the zodiac was kept by this same group of people. This may be a subtext to all of the other information about Draconians but it reveals an actual practical reason why that symbology was valued. Not to say any of the more hard to believe aspects of the reptilian phenomena are not true- just harder to prove for sure. One reason for us not fully knowing is that they are a secret society and always have been. The ability to measure the earth was secret info for ages.

Cartomancer
26th May 2012, 20:54
My understandinf of new age: When a new constellation is rising on the horizon on the Vernal Equinox. I believe it takes 2,160 years for a constellation to make this progression.

1. The Commercial Sector - which recognizing the public's hunger for truth has turned it into a billion dollar industry selling pyramids of all sizes made of just about everything miracle remedies, survival kits and map of underground bases of the PTB and/or ET's;.

2. The public media which seems to keep us in fear of just about everything from each other, those that don't look or pray like us, potential earth changes, new diseases, etc.

3 The Guru Syndrome - Cults, secret initiation schools, New Age workshops - often discrediting the few authentic individuals and groups who are doing genuine work away from the limelight.

But what is the real New Age or Golden Age. I wish I could say with assuredly I knew. But what I feel is the quietest, most powerful process in the universe, which is changing hearts and prompting us in Unity Consciousness.

Exactly. You are pointing out how it is being manipulated and twisted in to something is might not otherwise be. I am hoping for something organic and real to happen that also dispels all the false truths and manipulation. It would be wild if something happened in this vein that they had no control over and fit way we all wish it would.

DeDukshyn
26th May 2012, 21:18

Exactly. You are pointing out how it is being manipulated and twisted in to something is might not otherwise be. I am hoping for something organic and real to happen that also dispels all the false truths and manipulation. It would be wild if something happened in this vein that they had no control over and fit way we all wish it would.

The global HAARP network is their attempt to hijack this "New Age" -- again, I'll be explaining that in a thread fairly soon as well -- If I don't get taken out first ;-) lol.

It may take several weeks for me to get all the info organized - I'll try to recall send you PM when I do get it up. I think it would interest you.

Whiskey_Mystic
26th May 2012, 21:20
The global HAARP network is their attempt to hijack this "New Age" -- again, I'll be explaining that in a thread fairly soon as well -- If I don't get taken out first ;-) lol.

I'm covering you from the hill with a starlight scope. Now post your thingy because I am curious.

Cartomancer
26th May 2012, 21:41

I'm covering you from the hill with a starlight scope. Now post your thingy because I am curious.

While he's compiling his info check out this video I made about some interesting symbolic geographical associations. It definitely seems New Agey. I have found several things like this that seem not to be random. I would like to think what I found in the video is symbolic but will be interesting to see what DeDukshyn comes up with!

http://youtu.be/D96yFjFe5-w

DeDukshyn
26th May 2012, 23:11

While he's compiling his info check out this video I made about some interesting symbolic geographical associations. It definitely seems New Agey. I have found several things like this that seem not to be random. I would like to think what I found in the video is symbolic but will be interesting to see what DeDukshyn comes up with!

Wow! ... this in the video makes sooo much sense .... when you add in the factor of the magnetosphere (and the sun and sunspots) - its effects on ley lines ... it all adds support -- awesome. Thanks!

Carmody
27th May 2012, 02:03

That's... Gen IV?

(Nope, that's Gen II, just checked)

Ba-ba-Ra
27th May 2012, 19:10
[

Yes, I've seen this video before, thanks for bringing it forward.

Recently watched an interview with the CEO of Goggle. His comment was: One of the things they realized with Goggle Earth was that cows and other livestock around the world, gather at leylines.

Now, if leylines are lines between important and/or sacred places, my question is: Did the ancients realize that these lines already existed OR did the sacred places lined up over the years create these energy lines?

Cartomancer
27th May 2012, 19:29
[

Recently watched an interview with the CEO of Goggle. His comment was: One of the things they realized with Goggle Earth was that cows and other livestock around the world, gather at leylines.

Now, if leylines are lines between important and/or sacred places, my question is: Did the ancients realize that these lines already existed OR did the sacred places lined up over the years create these energy lines?

Frankly no one knows. You could make a good case either way. I have done tons on research and there is no hard evidence that these lines are anything but something men have created. That does not mean they can't do something else. Tread carefully when looking into what everyone is saying about the alignments. There are a lot of New Age views of these things that have absolutely no basis in fact or reality. There are also a lot of pseudo-scientists out there stating their theories as fact.

I think there may be a difference between the alignments of monuments and what some other people define as ley lines. The evidence suggests that the priesthood responsible for aligning the monuments valued it as a way to have info that no one else had. This may be why we see proto-phoenician civilization in south and central America-not because of UFO's. Then contemplate how being able to measure and travel over the earths spherical surface would give an advantage at a time when they had you convinced the earth was flat and they were burning Galileo at the stake for telling the truth.

Think about what that advantage would be parlayed into now. This is the root of all the "alien" advanced technology. They are just hiding it from us and then feeding us all a bunch of hornschwagle about UFO's and such. I do believe in life in the universe etc or the possibility that they are coming here but that concept is being used against us.

It also appears there is an older grid comprised of Egyptian and South American monuments and a newer one that was best exemplified by what the Romans and Greeks did with this concept. Each major city of these civilizations has an axis that defines their sphere of influence.

Here's a video I made about The Flower of Life grid that points out how the Great Pyramid and Baalbek form a near perfect block of modern lat/long.

Bbr_6JfbNhQ

9eagle9
27th May 2012, 20:14
Pre world war 2, many mainstream magazines like Psychology Today, Time, Life and those of that ilk published articles of a metaphsyical and exploratory nature and new age intent. The Cold War happened and Russia was actively pursuing psychic technology to the extent that it had to be discredited along with the Russians. What if Russia made it known that all sorts of people could be mind benders.

Then actively the sources of these exploration not only had to be discredited but watered down into uselessness.

What has occurred is that sound principals have been corrupted and contrived rendering many practices into pursuits of futility.

Whatever happened to Ectoplasm.

Hi Cartomancer,

I am glad that you are here having likely studied Theosophy more than me. If you look at what is going on they have a publishing office at the U.N. (Lucius Trust) and had a great deal of influence with even F.D.R. and Nicholas Roerich in the 30's. The 30's seemed to have been a golden age of the development of the New Age. In 1930 Guy Ballard claims to have had an encounter with St. Germain of the slopes of Mt. Shasta and this led to a whole new form of religion. Good point about the Taoist and Indian influence there as well. I think that Theosophy "headquarters" is in India.

Also I'm not picking on New Age believers here because all of the worlds major religions seem to have similar origins when you break it down. I think its good to examine new and different beliefs but the degree to which it seems contrived is kind of disturbing.

9eagle9
27th May 2012, 20:17
Sure would like for someone uber knowledgable like you Cartomancer to check out the hot spot on my property. Not man made in the sense there is no obvious construct near it but not to means its not related to something that is, much further away.

The point of not knowing which keeps doors open or the point of being misled with false information that closes doors.

[

Frankly no one knows. You could make a good case either way. I have done tons on research and there is no hard evidence that these lines are anything but something men have created. That does not mean they can't do something else. Tread carefully when looking into what everyone is saying about the alignments. There are a lot of New Age views of these things that have absolutely no basis in fact or reality. There are also a lot of pseudo-scientists out there stating their theories as fact.

I think there may be a difference between the alignments of monuments and what some other people define as ley lines. The evidence suggests that the priesthood responsible for aligning the monuments valued it as a way to have info that no one else had. This may be why we see proto-phoenician civilization in south and central America-not because of UFO's. Then contemplate how being able to measure and travel over the earths spherical surface would give an advantage at a time when they had you convinced the earth was flat and they were burning Galileo at the stake for telling the truth.

Think about what that advantage would be parlayed into now. This is the root of all the "alien" advanced technology. They are just hiding it from us and then feeding us all a bunch of hornschwagle about UFO's and such. I do believe in life in the universe etc or the possibility that they are coming here but that concept is being used against us.

It also appears there is an older grid comprised of Egyptian and South American monuments and a newer one that was best exemplified by what the Romans and Greeks did with this concept. Each major city of these civilizations has an axis that defines their sphere of influence.

Here's a video I made about The Flower of Life grid that points out how the Great Pyramid and Baalbek form a near perfect block of modern lat/long.

Bbr_6JfbNhQ

Cartomancer
16th July 2012, 15:27
[

That is interesting info about the CEO of Google. There is an axis in the bay area that Google and Youtube are located on or association with either by chance or design. I am working on a video and article about this. I think people create the lines possibly based on something they can't define or possibly something akin to the power of prayer or focused intent.