PDA

View Full Version : Oxford University Is Hunting For the Yeti

jagman
24th May 2012, 19:58
Oxford University Is Hunting For the Yeti
While most of us probably suspect that the yeti is a mythical beast, the finest minds in the world beg to differ. Which is why Oxford University has just announced that it is going on a yeti hunt, to establish once and for all whether the creature has ever existed.

In collaboration with the Lausanne Museum of Zoology, Oxford University is inviting people and organisations with supposed evidence of the existence of the yeti to submit it for testing. Anyone can submit an entry, and in the first instance all that's required is some data about the sample: what it is, when and where it was collected, that kind of thing.

Once they've received a respectable number of samples, they'll choose the most convincing and ask the owners to send them in for scrutiny—including thorough genetic analysis. With any luck, the study should bring together the strongest evidence around the world to settle the issue once and for all. Bryan Sykes, from Oxford University, explained to Wired.co.uk:

"Theories as to their species identification vary from surviving collateral hominid species, such as Homo neanderthalensis or Homo floresiensis, to large primates like Gigantopithecus widely thought to be extinct, to as yet unstudied primate species or local subspecies of black and brown bears.

"Mainstream science remains unconvinced by these reports both through lack of testable evidence and the scope for fraudulent claims. However, recent advances in the techniques of genetic analysis of organic remains provide a mechanism for genus and species identification that is unbiased, unambiguous and impervious to falsification. It is possible that a scientific examination of these neglected specimens could tell us more about how Neanderthals and other early hominids interacted and spread around the world."

The myth—or true story, let's be open-minded if Oxford professors are being—is known across countries and cultures throughout the world, so the university can expect a wide range of samples to be put forward. If you're on the hunt yourself, the researchers point out that hair shafts are particularly desirable
http://http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

ViralSpiral
24th May 2012, 20:05
Lol

tell them to look here

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/wtf-warning-sign-do-not-look-here.jpg

Mare
24th May 2012, 21:39
Mk-52lJXc0I

Leave them alone!!

Maia Gabrial
25th May 2012, 00:58
First, in The Dulce Book it says that the one type of Yeti that lives deep within the Earth are very vicious and have an IQ of about 15. Mean and unintelligent. Not something you want to run into....Supposedly, there is a friendlier bunch near the surface. But I don't think I want to chance running into those either....

Second, I astral traveled to where several of them were. They weren't friendly, but they did talk to me, saying that they didn't like what humans were doing to the forests. With that, they went to attack me. Fortunately for me, I was behind a fence, but that didn't stop one of them from trying to claw at me up through the fence.

From that experience, I can verify that they're mean critters...

RMorgan
25th May 2012, 01:02
Hey folks,

If this big guy really exists, I´d rather if people just leave him alone.

Most probably, if someone finds him or any scientific proof about him, they would just hunt him down and put him in a lab.

Cheers,

Raf.

Timreh
25th May 2012, 01:59
Of course I believe Yeti's exist, different country different name/form..
Surfing for information a while ago I stumbled apon an interesting theory which might explain why they can be so illusive..

Here is an interesting exerpt from the website of the book "The Sasquatch People"

Kewaunee’s new book is the ultimate book on the Sasquatch phenomenon. Because the Sasquatch are genuinely people—not animals—Kewaunee is a crypto-anthropologist, not a crypto-zoologist. He elaborates on why they are humanoid beings and their purpose here, based on 32 years of interacting with the giants (and ETs) (out of the 55 years researching them). Kewaunee draws information from 187 witnesses who also experienced telepathic communication. Quantum physics describes the reality of mental telepathy, invisibility, inter-dimensionalism, and other PSI phenomena, and is actually juxtaposed with psychic Sasquatch and ET behavior.
Kewaunee has been successful in his research because of his benign, spiritual, field methodology (no guns or cameras)—not unlike Dr. Jane Goodall’s approach with chimpanzees, except the Sasquatch are highly evolved nature people. They are terrestrial extraterrestrials, living inside giants’ bodies. In his book, the forest giants reveal a salient message to humanity—that the planet is dying at the hands of exploitative man and in 2012 there will be a huge shift in human consciousness that most earthlings are ill prepared to face. The Sasquatch people, who are the ultimate environmentalists, want to share their ancient wisdom with the human, but few are listening.
Although there is a chapter on the Bigfoot/ET/UFO connection, the UFO phenomenon is woven onto every chapter, since many of the Sasquatch work with several races of friendly Star People as they prepare to assist humanity for the coming cosmic Earth changes.
http://sasquatchpeople.com/

jagman
25th May 2012, 02:09
A few years ago there was a sample taken from Texas. DNA results on the hair sample showed that it closely mirrored the orang family.

jagman
25th May 2012, 04:35
C2C Tonight First Hour: Scholar of Bigfoot history, Steven Streufert, reports on a planned study by Oxford University to test DNA samples of the elusive creature.

Timreh
25th May 2012, 07:49
Hey folks,

If this big guy really exists, I´d rather if people just leave him alone.

Most probably, if someone finds him or any scientific proof about him, they would just hunt him down and put him in a lab.

Cheers,

Raf.

I agree Raf..

It seems we ridicule, hunt and eventually destroy that which we dont understand
They should be left alone..

Maybe only those with pure intentions are deserving of such an encounter ?

pugwash84
25th May 2012, 08:08
If they find them they should do what David Attenborough does and watch them from a distance and not intervene.

markpierre
25th May 2012, 08:37
This is exciting news. I can't think of a better, more fulfilling, more climactic way to go than to die of fright meeting one.

Guys have been sending clear evidence away continually for many years. No 'establishment' ever talks about conclusions.

If you DNA test a hair and it says it's from an unknown anthropoid, it's probably not a bear or a goat.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything more from these guys on the matter.

Maia Gabrial
25th May 2012, 14:20
If people are bold enough to trek INTO the earth where the yetis live, they may find them.... But they're mean critters and so are the aliens that live underground.
In The Dulce Book some of the entrance points are given, but with lots of warnings IF you want to get back to the surface. Of course, there will always be foolishly brave people who'll do it anyway.....