PDA

View Full Version : When is someone a friend.

Ghostmarley
7th August 2010, 11:43
Hey all,i got a question for you all .

When is someone your friend and what do you expect or dont expect of that friend.

I mean friend in real life.

The reason i ask is , i believe that people these days think of friendship like it is some item that you can put with the garbage when you got no more use for it anymore.
I had my share of those friends in the past,they suck you dry ,material and emotional and it takes sometime to notice at first since i truelly believed they were my friends and when you finaly figure it out that you bein used its too late ,the harm is done.You fall very deep and the trust in friendship is gone and if this happens a few times , over the years you have no trust at all in the word "friendship"

A few questions raise to my mind while im writing and keep thinking about this post:
Would you still be friends if:

- your friend steals.
- your friend betrayed your trust.
- your friend has a different opinion.
- your friend has started a fight for no reason.
- your friend has a different religion.

I think you guys get the idea so i will leave it at this and hope it made you guys think :) .

Love and Hug`s to all of ya .

Ghostmarley

Ammit
7th August 2010, 11:49
I dont have anyone I class as a friend, never have since my best friend died.
I expected nothing from him, but recieved a lot and gave a lot back.

A true friend does not need to be asked for something, they generally just help.

Celine
7th August 2010, 11:55
Being a friend...has little to do with the other person., its about who you are.

Empty people...know nothing of true friendship..or true love.

Being a friend, to me, means being full of love.

Arpheus
7th August 2010, 12:19
And celine hits the nail on the head once again!:wave:

greybeard
7th August 2010, 12:33

When is someone your friend and what do you expect or dont expect of that friend.

The reason i ask is , i believe that people these days think of friendship like it is some item that you can put with the garbage when you got no more use for it anymore.
I had my share of those friends in the past,they suck you dry ,material and emotional and it takes sometime to notice at first since i truelly believed they were my friends and when you finaly figure it out that you bein used its too late ,the harm is done.You fall very deep and the trust in friendship is gone and if this happens a few times , over the years you have no trust at all in the word "friendship"

A few questions raise to my mind while im writing and keep thinking about this post:

- your friend steals.

I think you guys get the idea so i will leave it at this and hope it made you guys think :) .

Ghostmarley

Love is always appropriate.
However sometimes you have to love and leave. (Though love)
Love is not condoning.
Love is not blind.
Friendship requires discernment.
Forgive yes, but fly with the crows and you get shot with the crows or pecked by them, its their nature.
You can accept them as they are and move on.
Thats hard won personal experience.
Love Chris

SkepticSoul
7th August 2010, 13:18
Love is not condoning.
Love is not blind.
Forgive yes, but fly with the crows and you get shot with the crows or pecked by them, its their nature.
Love Chris

I feel that man

A friend is sum1 who can support you in what you do, it musn't be sumthing bad or anything like that cause that's called bad influence.
If you have a friend that's hanging around bad behaviour people tell him/her this, if he/she does not accept your worries or descernment then it is probably best to end this friendship or continue the friendship but each go their different ways.

I'd say a good friend would be someone that follows the agreements that you have made with eachother 'during' the growth of the friendship.
You resonate with eachother, you want to do the same stuff, same experiences (not exactly the same but still) and you want to be part of his/her day...
Friends are cool because friends are there to have fun with eachother and fill up your day...
That's just my opinion

Peace

Majorion
7th August 2010, 13:30
A true friend does not need to be asked for something, they generally just help.
That's right, some people make your life easier merely with their presence, and some prefer to make it harder on everyone. For me its really that simple to know a friend from an imposter. A friend doesn't 'always' make you feel good about yourself, but more often than not; should.

Loren
7th August 2010, 15:34

- your friend steals.

Ghostmarley

Yes I'm still friends with people like that ! Why ? I guess you have to see through the material aspect and look at the core of a person and decide for your self if the relationship is worth salvaging and is there any hope for that person. I have recently given up on a friend that I did all that I could for and now it's up to them to sort out their mess for them selves before I allow them back into my life. I want friends that inspire me not drag me down with them. We all have our own problems to deal with. I will still pray for this person and want them to realize their potential to contribute to life . Some people just give up.

BMJ
7th August 2010, 16:06
Hi Ghostmarley,
From my experiences I have realized that I have different types of friendships in my life. For example, at times the the only commonality I have shared with some people is a common interest such as sports or clubing, at other times it has been a deeper friendship akin to that of siblings.

With that in mind I judge each friendship differently, depending on the effort the friend is willing to expend on the relationship. There is no use in putting all your effort in or chasing a person were the other person is not reciporcating.

Also I realize that every friend brings different things to the friendship and I cannot expect them to meet all my expectations but allow them to bring to the friendship what theyare willing to offer and accept there freindship on this basis.

At the end of the day I consider my self lucky to have a few close friends. But also others which I know I can enjoy their company when it comes particular activates.

I hope this helps.

morguana
7th August 2010, 17:00
I dont have anyone I class as a friend, never have since my best friend died.
I expected nothing from him, but recieved a lot and gave a lot back.

Ammit I am so sorry to hear this :( my heart goes out to you (((big hugs)))

A friend is someone who will accept one for who one is....warts and all....however unconditional love does not mean that one has to let others walk all over ones self. Respect, trust, honour and love are for me paramount in any friendship, without muteral core conditions in my eyes there can be no close connection. Aquantances however are a different kettle of fish......
Edit to add true friends are an extention of my family and are loved as such

Beren
7th August 2010, 17:07
I have no friends,
I have brothers and sisters and that`s much more than friends ;)

You are my brother or sister if you are love .
If you rebuke fear.

Then I can feel you are my brother or sister :-)...

Be well!

Beren

jackovesk
7th August 2010, 18:50
Love is not condoning.
Love is not blind.
Love Chris

Forgive me Chris,

I hate to say this BUT just looking at your picture, really gives me the CREEPS! Sorry!

greybeard
7th August 2010, 20:02
Forgive me Chris,

I hate to say this BUT just looking at your picture, really gives me the CREEPS! Sorry!

It kinda grew on me jackovesk, comes with the package, smiling.
Your forgiven.
c

lightblue
7th August 2010, 20:05

being friends is knowing your friends are better than you and you don't mind it ...you love them for that...
i don't know how i'd do without my friends..they must be great people if they can tolerate someone like me..:yu: l

scanner
7th August 2010, 20:45
I've had lots of friends, ha , all I've had is blood suckers social vampires . I need friends like I need a dose of the, hmmm what can I say head liice (that i'll get you scratching hehe ) Let me tell you about my last friend. Knew him for 4 years, lent him a fortune went to court with him to support him when he went bankrupt , went to another court hearing to deffend him and what did he do ,rip me off for £2.5k , I don't want another FRIEND . What's a friend to me a royal pain in the ass .

starninja
7th August 2010, 20:57
I think that the most important aspect of a healthy friendship is honesty. If people can’t be honest what they think or feel, there is no true friendship. Good friend accepts us for who we really are. Good friend doesn’t give any advice but tells us the truth. I always check energy in my body while I interact with people. Healthy interactions leave me feeling light and energized. I avoid people who have dense energy. :yuck:

Rimbaud
7th August 2010, 23:22
A friend is simply blind to the faults of a friend..we embrace those faults and love them as we love our friend.

Rimbaud

morguana
7th August 2010, 23:35
I think that the most important aspect of a healthy friendship is honesty. If people can’t be honest what they think or feel, there is no true friendship. Good friend accepts us for who we really are. Good friend doesn’t give any advice but tells us the truth. I always check energy in my body while I interact with people. Healthy interactions leave me feeling light and energized. I avoid people who have dense energy. :yuck:

totally empathise with your words/feelings starninja

Rimbaud
8th August 2010, 00:00
Your forgiven.
c

Oh boy..who's calling who creepy looking?..I can't see anything about greybeards pic that could be called creepy... whereas Jackovesk and Berens'images truly install the creeps in me...maybe it's the mullet hairdo..but as a spiritual person I probably shouldn't have noticed that!

God bless to you all in the sense of fun!

Rimbaud

Goldenserenity
8th August 2010, 02:00
and what did he do ,rip me off for £2.5k , I don't want another FRIEND . What's a friend to me a royal pain in the ass .

When I give money for a "loan" to a friend, I do not expect to ever see that money again, and if I do see it return my way as a repayment, I'm pleasantly surprised. To me it's just money, and if I have it, I'm more than happy to assist my friends. I know that if they have it to give back then they will do so, if not, it's not worth losing someone over money.
I Love my friends for who and what they are...the good and the bad. We all have flaws, and to see their flaws while ignoring my own is not too friendly of me. (at least I think that anyhow)
I see everybody as my friend. Even friends I had from long ago that committed acts behind my back. I figure all things happen for a reason, and I guess that baby chose to be born by 2 certain people...LOL, guess that's a whole nuther story. :p

illuminate
8th August 2010, 02:07
Your forgiven.
c

YOU are so beautiful Chris
and funny too!
:love:

truthseekerdan
8th August 2010, 04:59
I have no friends,
I have brothers and sisters and that`s much more than friends ;)

You are my brother or sister if you are love .
If you rebuke fear.

Then I can feel you are my brother or sister :-)...

Be well!

Beren

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)

Your forgiven.
c

Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.
When you're looking for a friend don't look for perfection, just look for friendship.

"It costs to be a friend or to have a friend. It not only costs time, affection, patience, love, but sometimes a man must even lay down his life for his friends. There is no true friendship without self-abnegation, self-sacrifice." —Anonymous

Pixie
9th August 2010, 03:44
i believe you should not, not be someones friend if there religion differs from your own.

MargueriteBee
9th August 2010, 04:54
When the scales fell from my eyes and I realized the person was pretending to be a friend but was actually a freeloader, I dumped her like a hot potato. Especially after she took my axe and chopped up a tree stump, to pieces.

PathWalker
9th August 2010, 07:22
A friend is anyone you enjoy his/her company, human, animal, machine.
As we grow and evolve spiritually we change so are our friends.
Some of our friends give us grief. That is also a gift and we grow with it.
People and things pass through our life, each with a goal and purpose in their and ours.
If we see all living as part of a lager game where will all play in order to evolve each other, then we can later take responsibility on our reality and evolve our perception. Only at this stage we start to see how the personal reality is unfolding by our perception.

Kulapops
9th August 2010, 08:36
How do you tell if someone is a good friend ? Fart in the room... if they stay and play...you can add 'em to your list :0)

PathWalker
9th August 2010, 23:01
"There is nothing in the world I wouldn't do for (Bob) Hope, and there is nothing he wouldn't do for me ... We spend our lives doing nothing for each other."
- Bing Crosby

"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."
- Jerome Cummings

Elly
10th August 2010, 00:48
A friend is someone who sees the beauty of your heart and wants to share its life experience with you. Love, respect, generosity, and reciprocity are the basis of a friendship for me.

Beren
14th August 2010, 18:53
A friend is someone who sees the beauty of your heart and wants to share its life experience with you. Love, respect, generosity, and reciprocity are the basis of a friendship for me.

A beautiful summarizing !

May it always be so among people!