PDA

View Full Version : Certain Sub Categories On Avalon Are Invisible To Non-members.

StarDust
13th June 2012, 19:56
I made an interesting discovery today. Any thread posted within the "Channeled and Other Controversial Material" (COCM) is literally invisible to non-forum members.

Want proof? Easy. Simply log out, then click back onto the PA website as a non-member. You will notice that not only does the "COCM" subcategory disappear from Spirituality forum/subforum, but that any threads posted under the COCM subcategory are not available to view for non-members.

I find this to be disturbing. When I originally brought up the possibility of censorship when this subcategory took place within a John Kettler thread, certain mods took offense to the suggestion. Well, now I feel it is official and was done in a covert manner to cover up that is certainly in my opinion a crafty form of censorship. I'm sure they hoped that no one would notice.

RMorgan
13th June 2012, 20:29
I made an interesting discovery today. Any thread posted within the "Channeled and Other Controversial Material" (COCM) is literally invisible to non-forum members.

Want proof? Easy. Simply log out, then click back onto the PA website as a non-member. You will notice that not only does the "COCM" subcategory disappear from Spirituality forum/subforum, but that any threads posted under the COCM subcategory are not available to view for non-members.

I find this to be disturbing. When I originally brought up the possibility of censorship when this subcategory took place within a John Kettler thread, certain mods took offense to the suggestion. Well, now I feel it is official and was done in a covert manner to cover up that is certainly in my opinion a crafty form of censorship. I'm sure they hoped that no one would notice.

Hey mate,

I might be wrong, but I believe it has always been that way.

Certain parts of the forum were always only visible to members.

This is a common feature of most internet forums out there.

I guess it works both as a teaser, to attract new members, like "check this out! If you want to see more, please, register" and as a way to keep very controversial subjects away from the general public, to avoid people labeling this place as disinfo forum and this stuff.

Cheers,

Raf.

we-R-one
13th June 2012, 20:50

I find this to be disturbing.

I noticed this a few weeks ago when I was trying to send a copy of a thread to a friend. He wasn't able to see anything of what I had sent. I finally went back and found an option that allowed me to email the thread, so I tried that and only then was he able to view it, but if he had to search for it on his own, he wouldn't have been able to find the information as he's not a member.

Zencat
13th June 2012, 21:31

Why would you find it 'disturbing'? As Raf pointed out, it's commonplace among forums and, in my opinion, good strategy.

Selene
13th June 2012, 21:40
Awwww....

Is someone throwing a tantrum? Has someone taken your soapbox on the internet away? I thought the mods explained this to you, SD, when you first arrived from...ummmm....planet Zoo in the 6th dimension, was it?

Certain categories have always been restricted to members only. They're not for children or casual readers, etc. Lots of forums do that. And you're actually kind of proving the wisdom of that, I should think.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8568/theskyfell.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/theskyfell.jpg/)

Cheers,

Selene

marielle
13th June 2012, 21:41
I'm also disturbed by it. As I'm writing this there are 2 members and 16 guests browsing this thread. So those members who feel their powers of "discernment" are so superior to mine have succeeded in making sure most people visiting Project Avalon never see any of this material or our discussion of it.

ulli
13th June 2012, 21:59
It's Bill Ryan's forum, and he has a scientific mind that loves to investigate the outer edges. Most channelers are not scientifically minded, nor are their unquestioning followers, and don't even make the effort to try and figure out whether the source of these messages is deceptive or distracting in it's intent.

I think Bill needs to be given credit to allow a space for channeled messages at all.
Nothing to do with censorship, as he is his own man, with his own agenda, and not here to represent the "people" like a government representative.

Fred Steeves
13th June 2012, 22:01
Oh boy, another censorship thread. Leave it to higher consciousness and dimensions to stumble into that old briar patch.

StarDust, why didn't you just pm a mod and ask them what happened, before speeding headlong down Conspiracy Highway?

I'm just sayin...

SilentFeathers
13th June 2012, 22:21
Guess StarDust is doing another excercise! you go Stardust!!!!! yeeehaaaa!!!!! go get em!!!!!!

DeDukshyn
13th June 2012, 23:19
Raf is correct - it has always been like this (since I joined anyway) and when I joined I went through all the "reading" upon signup -- this is indicated there. In fact, even members don't have access to certain areas until they move beyond "provisional" status.

No conspiracy here, there have always been certain areas not accessible to. "UFO Abduction and Contactees" or whatever it is called is another thread not available to the public.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Is someone throwing a tantrum? Has someone taken your soapbox on the internet away? I thought the mods explained this to you, SD, when you first arrived from...ummmm....planet Zoo in the 6th dimension, was it?

Maybe just me, but I found this incredibly immature.

Maybe try this: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?45205-How-to-be-the-Greatest-Forum-on-the-Entire-Internet& (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?45205-How-to-be-the-Greatest-Forum-on-the-Entire-Internet)

Carmen
14th June 2012, 01:47
As I understand it, the changes were made when Onawah and Bluefire ( I think it was) started a concentrated campaign to censor channelled messages. Onawah had decided that she knew which ones were the real deal!! It really pissed me off to not allow free choice in what to read and I nearly left at that point! But, as others have pointed out its Bill's forum and the mods reflect his wishes and they don't like channelled stuff! So, there it is. We have to just like it or lump it!! And, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is when Viking left the forum!

But, hang on a minute, on checking who are on this thread, there are three members and one guest!! So, how does that happen?

gripreaper
14th June 2012, 01:59
http://swiftor.com/attachments/f91/10318d1329521442t-48-hour-trial-again-sisko-facepalm.gif

DeDukshyn
14th June 2012, 02:55
As I understand it, the changes were made when Onawah and Bluefire ( I think it was) started a concentrated campaign to censor channelled messages. Onawah had decided that she knew which ones were the real deal!! It really pissed me off to not allow free choice in what to read and I nearly left at that point! But, as others have pointed out its Bill's forum and the mods reflect his wishes and they don't like channelled stuff! So, there it is. We have to just like it or lump it!! And, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is when Viking left the forum!

But, hang on a minute, on checking who are on this thread, there are three members and one guest!! So, how does that happen?

The difference in named members and counted members is "invisibility mode".

To correct you for being wrong, ;), I think Viking left when the talk of enforcing even stricter rules on that forum were discussed for implementation. I recall Darla being quite upset, but the suggestions didn't seem that bad to me. (grouping of channelings by the channel - the idea had issue though in my opinion but I did see value, there were likely other issues / talks perception of issues as well, I wasn't very close to all this but I do recall the time-frame) Any one with better know / memory can correct me ...

Since my join date of Jan 2011, the channeling section has always (or very shortly after my join), been unavailoable to the public. I'm pretty sure.

spiritguide
14th June 2012, 03:03
There are also some sub catagory threads that are invite only or request entry to it only to registered users also. Most notably if you have a problem just ask a mod first they are very helpful.

:peace:

Carmen
14th June 2012, 03:31
Thanks, I stand corrected! I have always objected to anyone attempting to control my enquiry, my area of interest. Plus I don't like seeing others curtailed in what they wish to read. After all it's often our so called 'mistakes' that are the best teachers!

Anchor
14th June 2012, 03:57

Where this thread currently is, General Discussion, is viewable by non-members.

LarryC
14th June 2012, 04:03
I wouldn't be too concerned about this. Regardless of how you feel about the GFL and other channeled material, it's not hard to find on the internet. I've only been a member of Avalon for a few weeks, and I've never had trouble finding channeled messages on YouTube or elsewhere. So it's not like anyone has to come to this forum to find them.

christian
14th June 2012, 06:00
The question whether or not that subsection should be visible to non-members had been discussed openly and intensely.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?41541-Request-to-Review-Process-on-Channeled-Message-Threads

Off-topic is invisible, too.

Simonm
14th June 2012, 16:54
Given the nature of the sub forum I personally think it wise that non members can see it. I don't think this is a case of cencorship, but merely common sense.

9eagle9
14th June 2012, 17:01
I'm also disturbed by it. As I'm writing this there are 2 members and 16 guests browsing this thread. So those members who feel their powers of "discernment" are so superior to mine have succeeded in making sure most people visiting Project Avalon never see any of this material or our discussion of it.

It is very disconcerting for the pushers when they know they drug they are pushing may have a limited audience.

But...and I don't want to scare anyone. What if what you are seeing is real?

And the channeled messages section is actually shrinking, evaporating, slowly being eroded away and pushed out from not only the public eye but the inner sanctum of the forum.

The drug of choice is slowly receding...

Oooooo what will happen then when we can no longer get our fix.