PDA

View Full Version : some very practical questions, in this still "3D world" !

niki
17th June 2012, 17:35
Since we all still live in this so-called "3D world", here are indeed some of the pressing practical questions (hopefully can help me to get out from my current dilemma/confusion with my life) :

1) Do you all still work in your "3D jobs" , or business, etc? in other words, what do you do for money/make a living, to survive?
or, some of you don't even work (or even can't find energy nor spirit to work) anymore??..

2) If you do still work in your "3D job", does it ever conflict with you (& your heart/soul) soo much, then you even end up feeling disgusted with the current "3D Reality" world, because you've known more TRUTH than the 'normal, daily, ordinary' people/human beings, whom all seem still be slaved to the current 'System' (of Money, or by TPTB's rules, etc) ??... if you answer yes, then how did you handle these demotivational/depressed even disgusted feelings with our current 'materialistic' world/society?...

3) If you still work in your "3D job", after knowing all these "Truths" (from this PA forum, etc etc), do you ever feel even a more increasing, nagging feeling to FULFILL your "Purpose", and even find a new Higher-reality 'job' ?... but what if it's not lucrative/doesn't make enough Money,...while in our current Reality: we DO still need money in order to eat, to live/make a living, and to survive??...

the reason why I'm asking these questions is,
because I'm now nearing 30 yrs old,
and yet, I am basically still somewhat 'jobless' , well, not in a very literal sense though, I'm from Indonesia, and I do still help my father's business,...but honestly, I often got so lazy and have NO motivation nor energy to continue the business, disappointing my father, and even sometimes in some days, I just don't go to work at all!!..
I feel like I seriously lose ALL kind of these "3D world" focus, ambitions, and even my youthful dreams (of being a successful musician/composer, particularly in Japan, my 'dream country'!) !

so on one hand, I do feel excited to ever swallow the 'red pill' of more TRUTH-seeking,
but on the other hand, I feel now that I'm becoming such a total LOSER, in the eyes of my parents, and even 99% of 'conventional', "all-about-Money" society and people all around me!.. (thankfully, some/few people still do understand me, and my 'spiritual/Truth'-quest! and hence, my huge disinterest in all the 'worldly things' now!..).

Hopefully I can get some straight-forward, real, practical answers,
as well as perhaps some advices on what I should DO then, when feeling 'torn' by this seemingly two "reality" world...a.k.a the blue pill .versus. the red pill one!..

thank you~

Ultima Thule
17th June 2012, 18:18
This may sound simplistic, but I´ve found this to be true: it is not so much what you do, but to provide a service while doing it. My favorite moment in The Way of the Peaceful Warrior is when Socrates played by Nick Nolte points at a sign in his garage that says: Here to Serve, it is not the place, it is not the job, it is what you think and feel while you are doing it.

So perhaps you can consider doing what you do in 3D and adjusting the way you do it to match what you feel inside? There does not necessarily have to be a contradiction. Later on you might develope opportunities to advance to other lines of work.

UT

GCS1103
17th June 2012, 19:25
Hi, Niki-

Working in a "3D job" and pursuing answers to what we are really all about (call it the "Truth", if you wish) are not mutually exclusive. The reality of the need to support yourself should not be minimized, because ultimately we are each responsible for ourselves. As the years go on, we lose our parents and older relatives who may have assisted us financially. Then what? I wouldn't call anyone a "loser" who is not employed, but for now, we are stuck in this dimension and we have to deal with things like food, rent, mortgages, etc.

There are some people who are able to pack it all in and move into the woods, grow their own food and live very happily. People like that are few and far between and are usually much older than you. You should think about whether you would like to have a comfortable life where you don't have to worry about paying the inevitable bills, live in a house/apartment that you like, travel to other parts of the world, etc. All of these things require money- that dirty word that we hate, but for now, we must have in order to buy something we want or need.

For myself, I started working in my profession when I was 25, after lots of schooling. I don't regret all the hours I put in every week. It allowed me to live a very nice life where I could travel whenever I wanted and donate to those charities that meant the most to me (animal charities, in my case). You can very easily fall into a routine where you are so overwhelmed with what you are learning on avalon and other forums, that you want to spend your time finding "the Truth" and years will slip away in the blink of an eye.

truth4me
17th June 2012, 20:03
Hi, Niki-

Working in a "3D job" and pursuing answers to what we are really all about (call it the "Truth", if you wish) are not mutually exclusive. The reality of the need to support yourself should not be minimized, because ultimately we are each responsible for ourselves. As the years go on, we lose our parents and older relatives who may have assisted us financially. Then what? I wouldn't call anyone a "loser" who is not employed, but for now, we are stuck in this dimension and we have to deal with things like food, rent, mortgages, etc.

There are some people who are able to pack it all in and move into the woods, grow their own food and live very happily. People like that are few and far between and are usually much older than you. You should think about whether you would like to have a comfortable life where you don't have to worry about paying the inevitable bills, live in a house/apartment that you like, travel to other parts of the world, etc. All of these things require money- that dirty word that we hate, but for now, we must have in order to buy something we want or need.

For myself, I started working in my profession when I was 25, after lots of schooling. I don't regret all the hours I put in every week. It allowed me to live a very nice life where I could travel whenever I wanted and donate to those charities that meant the most to me (animal charities, in my case). You can very easily fall into a routine where you are so overwhelmed with what you are learning on avalon and other forums, that you want to spend your time finding "the Truth" and years will slip away in the blink of an eye.very ,very good reply......and oh so true....

Bo Atkinson
18th June 2012, 11:58
niki,

I would feel remiss to ignore your thread here.... I was a 'dropout' at an early age, but too young to leave school. Thanks to my parents, they were appreciative of my individuality, without knowing of a clear solution. I left home at age 18 and basically tried life in a big city. It was difficult, but despite that, i was able to learn many things from many disadvantages. I was in fact one of those who headed for rural country in 1969-70 or so, close to where i am now.... Coming here while knowing no one, through any connection what so ever. As i was reared among highly educated people and gradually came to know some prosperous people, as well. Thus was able to communicate favorably and get employment. Despite it was always menial low paying work. I also related to poor people and working class people, so in a way i was a young person, without a perfect fit. Besides that, i in fact have one Indonesian ancestor, whose dominant skin pigment distinguishes me from people in New England where i have lived for 40+ years.

I relate all this to demonstrate, that being different or distinct from one's surroundings can be very stimulative, for one's life. It sounds as though you have not challenged yourself, which would be fine, if it fit you well. Yet does it fit you deep down inside?

Have you tried challenging yourself with goals and with deeper questions of life's purpose? Challenging myself has been most difficult and unpleasant at times. Yet the outcomes of my experience have satisfied my soul, form the agony to the ecstasy. Despite that, my income level and 'success' in businesses have been marginal.

Here is my website, which illustrates my sense of accomplishment. While it might bore ordinary people, for what ever reason.
There are many links on my website which illustrate a variety of goals i set myself with:
http://harmoniouspalette.com/
The nature of my efforts have varied from the quest for ideals to fixations of concrete.

wavydome

ljwheat
18th June 2012, 13:30
What I see is a common trap of consumerism that ensnares even the most enlightened and is addicting as cocaine or heroin and even harder to get off of.

I see you have a computer? So that means your in the thick of things. Getting back to basic’s and your gaze off of stuff.

Looking at the other side of the fence from your back yard into some one’s more equipped or decorated backyard is the problem.

For if you look in the other direction some one is looking into your back yard doing the same thing with desirous wanting of the stuff you have accumulated. But since sight is one sided, you’ve failed to see the abundance in your own back yard always comparing what it dose not have, as your become board with and complacent with the stuff you once thought you needed. Now its just so much junk to you now. it’s the chase, the journey that holds the desire of “I want” together. Once you catch or overcome what your chasing the value of what you’ve capture fly’s away now that you have it. And the chase begins anew.

The quest for happiness in things in 3D will never take place as the first clue you gave us is when you started using the term 3D. You are plainly addicted with what you want from the 3D world it’s a self feeding beast of consumerism it’s a drug, and need rehab in a monastery to see this addiction and how big it is. By learning how little you need to survive. Its all about what your vision is focusing on. Possession of anything is an elusion. You cant own anything, you’re the caretaker of what your using not the owner, things are neutral have no meaning till you addict yourself to it.

Consumerism is the preferred drug of our times, and the biggest self denial addiction on this planet. Nature doesn’t have this Consumerism desires addicted to want, I want, what I see every one else has. Instead of looking at what you have and someone else doesn’t have.

When you possess all that is on the inside, and walk the halls of your mental possession instead of 3D stuff the body is addicted to, will it start to turn itself around. Saying Any buts or but we need to-- anything you think you need past the basic’s of life is a denial. We don’t need this computer or the internet or a blog. to live a successful life abundance is not in the 3D pill, its in the abundance of the spirit and soul. I’m not religious but there is a phrase that dose apply here and its…. Seek ye the kingdom that’s in you first and all these things you think you have need of will be added unto you.

John

Become addicted to the inner world first, the 3d world will have no choice but to follow --you-- instead. Chasing the 3D world?-- the inner world will not follow you there.

Alex Laker
18th June 2012, 15:06
This thread rings very true for me. If people have expectations of you that you cannot whole-heartedly fulfill then the obvious thing is to tell them. However, fulfilling those expectations is a kindness unto itself, and doing so, for me is not disingenuous to yourself, or anyone else, or even the universe.

Do you believe that the universe has expectations of you? If indeed you have a higher purpose, I do not believe that you would be placed in your existence without a means to attain it. Those means may not be obvious, but you clearly feel you have stumbled upon a path which somewhere down the line could turn into an opportunity to find that purpose.

As with all things, it is a question of balance. I would say that you can live in and derive sustainance from the system that is in place today without having to feel guilty, but equally it is possible to think outside that system, have hobbies outside that system, and have friends outside that system.

What you "are" inside the system does not define who you are as a human. As long as you remember this, all possibilities will remain open to you.