PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Vortex. Can you explain this?

conk
27th June 2012, 19:42
http://www.oregonvortex.com/photographs-backyard.htm

"The Oregon Vortex is a glimpse of a strange world where the improbable is the commonplace and everyday physical facts are reversed. It is an area of naturally occurring visual and perceptual phenomena, which can be captured on film. No matter your education or profession you will find a challenge to all your accepted theories. "

I saw this on a TV program last night. Quite unusual. It was said that many years ago Indians would not go there, because their horses refused to. Check out the weird things that go on there.

Any ideas on the height differential on the link above?

Forevernyt
27th June 2012, 19:49
But, the ground is not level, there is a noticeable incline on the right side of the board they are standing on. So the little guy, when standing on the right, will be the same height as the taller guy. When they switch, oh no, what happened? Now their not the same size. Of course they are not. It's just an optical illusion, nothing supernatural going on.

Much to my dismay.

Ī=[Post Update]=Ī

Also, the first group, on the shorter plank? They look like different people.

humanalien
27th June 2012, 20:34
Had you listened to the conclusions of that show, you would
have heard the investigators says that everything there has been
rigged up to appear as they do.

Not sure why the horses won't enter into that area but one of the
investigators says that there are powerful magnets buried in at
least four points in that area and they were not allowed to dig them
up to confirm it. I don't know if the horses can feel magnetism or not
but it made sense.

Forevernyt
27th June 2012, 20:39
Yeah, I didn't see the show, I just made my own visual observations.

conk
28th June 2012, 14:32
Yeah, I didn't see the show, I just made my own visual observations.the show demonstrated that the area the two are standing on it near level. Only a slight 2 degree tilt, not enough to account for the 16 degree slope when the two change places. They placed a black background behind the area, shined lasers on the backdrop and measured. No illusion, but real difference. The owner of the land had been in contact with Albert Einstein. Einstein surmised the mass of the individuals was affected. The vortex created more space between the particulate matter making up the individuals. One of the women stated she could feel a downward pressure on her neck and shoulders when she changed places.

WyoSeeker
28th June 2012, 17:29
Visited there when I was a kid and got to experience it all first hand.

I'm thinking it's a ley line intersection.

Fred Steeves
28th June 2012, 18:25
Hi conk, there seem to be several of these places scattered about The States. I've been to this particular one in North Carolina, which is the exact same thing. It's truly a lot of fun, and worth the ten bucks or so, but I can assure you, and everyone else, it's also a farce.
http://www.mysteryhill-nc.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=3

There is absolutely nothing to do with ley lines, weird magnetics, or anything of the sort, it's all very cleverly built on very unlevel ground to be an optical mind f**k.http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/images/smilies/newadditions/smile.gif I've got a pretty keen carpenter's eye, so once I got past the amazement of seeing things like people changing heights, and balls rolling uphill, I got to looking deeper. There's a reason why you have to stand on a specially built platform to observe height change, same as why you have to go into the specially built crooked house to watch balls roll uphill, or stand at impossible angles. It's 100% optics.

The standing platform is of course not really level, same as the place inside to roll the ball is not really uphill, but actually about 1 degree downhill. No one actually stands at an impossible angle either, but the crooked framing of the structure very cleverly disguises this. Like I said, it is a lot of fun, until you figure out what the trick is. But, then it's fun to watch the other people freaking out who don't know.http://www.bigtenfever.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif As a matter of fact, I'm still to this day seriously considering building my own little version of that same thing some day, just for the neighborhood kids...Or their parents.

Cheers,
Fred

P.S. If you were to bring a carpenter's level in to that place, they would likely ask you to leave.

RMorgan
28th June 2012, 18:43
We have a place like this where I live. Itīs called "Rua do Amendoim".

When you put your car on neutral, you can swear the car is going uphill, while in fact itīs going downhill.

Hereīs a video:

Me2cn5g9OQI

Cheers,

Raf.

Fred Steeves
28th June 2012, 18:56
We have one of those here in Florida too Raf, it's called Spook Hill. By the way, I just love the little Casper The Ghost type depiction on the sign.

IGnhofqkOmQ

conk
29th June 2012, 15:40
Dang Fred, just suck the fun out of life, eh? ;)

I want it to be unexplained. I'm calling my mother!

http://chestnuthilllocal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/crying-baby-party-56800676-300x300.jpg