PDA

View Full Version : Most Prophetic Movie = On Deadly Ground

tone3jaguar
12th August 2010, 02:24
I am watching the Steven Segal movie called On Deadly Ground on AMC HD right now. I am about 30 min into it.

So far there has been a oil rig that exploded because of a faulty blow off preventer that the oil company knew was bad before they installed it which resulted in the release of oil into the ocean.

Then the CEO of the oil company makes a commercial where he talks about how committed he his to the environment and the clean up of the spill. (Michael Cane)

And also Steven Segal kicked the **** out of a bunch of people in a bar.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Segal currently lives in one of the Perrishes of Louisiana.

Decibellistics
12th August 2010, 03:14
LOL, you too huh hahaha.

Came out in '94

Decibellistics
12th August 2010, 03:59
Good ending....Ya'll should rent this and watch mr. segal be a badass lol

I had never seen it I'm happy I did.

They should make congress watch it lol

tone3jaguar
12th August 2010, 12:30
The similarities where so identical to what just happened in the gulf right down to the oil platform exploding at the end when Segal explodes the blow off preventer (which in the movie is located way up in the platform and the platform is located next to land which is strange). Then the lecture that Segal gives at the end of the movie about how there are technologies that have been suppressed for over 70 years that could get us off of oil and why they never saw the light of day. People just watch that movie and think, "well he said it in a movie, it probably is not true".

Tuza
12th August 2010, 12:35
The similarities where so identical to what just happened in the gulf right down to the oil platform exploding at the end when Segal explodes the blow off preventer (which in the movie is located way up in the platform and the platform is located next to land which is strange). Then the lecture that Segal gives at the end of the movie about how there are technologies that have been suppressed for over 70 years that could get us off of oil and why they never saw the light of day. People just watch that movie and think, "well he said it in a movie, it probably is not true".

Think its time for them ninjas Ben, I think they must be getting aged now.

Elandiel BernElve
12th August 2010, 12:55
seagal.... you must be joking... he's more close to a primate than to a star

viking
12th August 2010, 13:05
Then the lecture that Segal gives at the end of the movie about how there are technologies that have been suppressed for over 70 years that could get us off of oil and why they never saw the light of day. People just watch that movie and think, "well he said it in a movie, it probably is not true".

That must be the same lecture thats floating around giving the impression that is was a recent speech by Segal in response to the real calamity!!! duuuuuugh!!!

I really thought it was genuine!!! :confused: lol...

viking

tone3jaguar
12th August 2010, 15:55
seagal.... you must be joking... he's more close to a primate than to a star

He is one of the worlds highest ranked Aikido masters. He got into the movies because of the superhuman feats he is capable of due to his ability to blend his chi with his trained coordination.

embed not working, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yacGwi8Kzg

It would appear to the uneducated observer that this demonstration is staged and that the attackers are flipping themselves around. However they are not. He is actually using chi so effectively that with almost zero effort he is able to toss them around like rag dolls. In his movies he kicks and punches because that is what people come to movies to see. However, the whole philosophy behind Aikido is to disable the opponent without damaging them. You turn their energy back into them. Very ancient mystery school based stuff.

sorry embed not working here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVm2ld4f08I

You do not reach this level of mastery with anything in life without having the intelligence to see it though to the end. Everyone has their strengths. Segal's is not verbal communication, however that does not make him a primate. I have been hoping that the next place that move to has a qualified Aikido dojo so that I can start learning it. The art of peaceful resistance taken to a hole different level. I am totally into it.

Bill Ryan
13th August 2010, 04:56
------------

This exceptional speech scripted for Seagal is REALLY worth listening to (must watch - 5 mins):

2yr-F8z74KM

Tuza
13th August 2010, 06:01
------------

This exceptional speech scripted for Seagal is REALLY worth listening to (must watch - 5 mins):

2yr-F8z74KM

What Seagal states in this vid is exactly what we are talking about here on the forum and on other sites. In fact it is a wonder it was allowed to go out to the public through the film. Kudos to him, most of the films I have seen Seagal in usually do have an environmental or other message.

Tone I also agree again with what you said. You cannot do what he does without a lot of mind power, strength of will, training, discipline, etc, etc.

Luke
13th August 2010, 06:40
Boils down for me to "simple" mental construct:
We are used to think in terms of land ownership. We should start thinking in terms of land stewardship.
Or we will be evicted.

For me it also means real understanding how Nature works. How ecosystems are build, how they adapt. I know we can extend it without pillaging the planet and without much damage to our lives. BUT that means complete shift of thinking, dissolving constructs designed for pillage like governments or companies (cant have one without the other, you see). When consciousness change, means and technology will follow. Not the other way around.
Tough but doable. :)

It WAS done before, but all traces were carefully eradicated by those, who wish to control our dreams. Way I understand that, the core of Camelot legend talks precisely about such "spherical" society, but as time passed controllers twisted that too.
Still it was and it will be again.
But first, the Rome must fall.

greybeard
13th August 2010, 07:51
Excellent end to the movie.
Thanks Tone for bringing it to attention.
Chris

Humble Janitor
13th August 2010, 08:29
------------

2yr-F8z74KM

Forgive the long quote but is it possible that Seagal was "in the know" and TPTW somehow "slipped in" this script? It just seems too prophetic to ignore.

tone3jaguar
13th August 2010, 11:25
Forgive the long quote but is it possible that Seagal was "in the know" and TPTW somehow "slipped in" this script? It just seems too prophetic to ignore.

It is more likely that he brought in a oil industry expert to be a consultant on the script and that guy informed the team to stress the theme of the defective blow off preventer in the movie. It was a "Segal Production". I guess he used to have a production company. This movie is over 15 years old.

Tuza
13th August 2010, 13:10
I wonder what Seagal thinks of it all now, mmmh. Too bad no one has interviewed him about this; I would like to know what he thinks.

tone3jaguar
13th August 2010, 14:14
He has got his own reality show that was on A&E and will now be on the Biography channel called "Steven Segal Law Man". He is actually a crime task force police team leader in Jefferson Perrish Louisiana. That was almost ground zero for the spill. I am sure we will hear what he has to say about it when the next season of it comes out. I watched a few of the episodes. He is the real deal. His gun wielding abilities are real and on par with the best in the world. In one episode he was showing one of his officers how to be more accurate. He was explaining to him that just like a Zen Archery master he needed to think about pushing the bullet out of the gun instead of pulling the trigger. It worked, the guy was more accurate right away.

I know it sounds like a worship the guy or something. I don't, but he is a very interesting study to watch. He knows things that I want to know.

MariaDine
13th August 2010, 15:35
The Master «at work»
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQw9fJ9CKk

tone3jaguar
13th August 2010, 17:13
I think he needs to cut back on the beer.