PDA

View Full Version : Time is accelerating, do you feel it?

Elandiel BernElve
12th August 2010, 14:29
Just a simple question,

Do you feel time is accelerating exponentially ?

Ive never noticed it as much as now... weeks fly by like days. Something big is definately coming.
A climax, perhaps it's the 2012 transformation or new energies timeframe.

Some days I feel like I can't catch up with it all, even when I meditate it goes too fast!

Please share your experiences.. and how you deal with it

viking
12th August 2010, 14:38
A few folks have mentioned this here....time is definately speeding up...I too, feel it!!!

But does this mean our clocks/watches are going faster as well!!! ;)

viking

Goldenserenity
12th August 2010, 14:40
I don't have any experiences really about the time speeding up. It does seem that a new month is about to start and before I know it, it's nearing the end of the month.
Time still creeps by though when I am at work, as I really don't like it there due to the excessive heat. So, my days at work drag, and the days seem too long.

Dale
12th August 2010, 14:48
I don't believe that time is accelerating, but instead, the way we consciously observe time might be changing. I'm very skeptical of the "2012 ascension" theories, but for whatever it may be worth, I do think that 2012, or a time close to it, may very well represent some kind of shift in consciousness. I don't think we'll sprout wings and float around in the fifth dimension, but we may gain a new insight into the way things really work around here. I certainly won't be holding my breath, but I will keep my mind open to any possible changes that may occur.

tone3jaguar
12th August 2010, 15:34
I think of it more of a compression than an acceleration. More events in less measured time. I think that time itself is actually just a perception created by the imagination. It is only accelerating if you perceive it that way. I still get the same amount of stuff done in one day as I always have.

cloud9
12th August 2010, 16:19
Whatever it is, my weeks always seem to have just 4 days, every time I think is Thursday somebody tells me is already Friday and my thing to do list has no end because I can't catch up.

Peace of Mind
12th August 2010, 16:38
It’s a possibility; time does seem to wait for no one.

I think in my case, time appears to be zipping by because I’ve been very busy…so time always seems to be getting away from me. I think children can give a more accurate answer because most of them seem to have a lot of time on their hands. When I was a child I used to always say stuff like “time is dragging today”, “It’s only 11:00?!”. Now, I say things like “if there was only more time in a day…” If children are saying time is speeding up then we might well be experiencing what some called “The Quickening”.

Peace

FrankoL
12th August 2010, 17:41
I am always in a rush, and time is flying for me. Years are like months, weeks are days. I cannot even remember what was I doing yesterday. I mix the events in terms of time.

I really try hard to speed things down. But with no success.

frank samuel
12th August 2010, 20:08
Time flies when you are having fun, as a young men I looked in the mirror eager to start the adventure all of the sudden my hair, beard, became gray and my face got a few wrinkles. Where did the time go ? Most people would say if I knew then what I know now my journey would have been a lot smoother, then again maybe it would have been too easy. Time is going by too fast, there's no turning back the clock except in my next lifetime by which time I won't remember what I did in this lifetime repeating the same old mistakes until finally one day I get my act together. In this lifetime I am looking forward to my children having a greater and more awesome adventure than myself, I am a dreamer and dreams do come true if you focus on them hard enough. I dream of a more harmonious world in which we can finally live in peace. It does not cost anything to dream and it makes me hopeful for a better tomorrow.

Many many blessings to all.:thumb:

pyrangello
12th August 2010, 20:23
Time is going faster, but I also feel a halo of love and prayers all around the earth, They predicted a very bad hurricane year yet the area is dodging them left and right Prayers and meditation are making an impact on social peace, the oil spill, hurricanes and the time that we now represent whihc is the NOW, right now.

frank samuel
12th August 2010, 22:13
I think the morphic field via our conscious or subconscious intent is helping to reshape our reality in which we have avoided many of the dooms day scenarios. With each generation our world will become a better place for all.
Why ? Because we are all waking up from the tunnel vision of the past expanding the horizons of the possibilities to recreate our reality reshaping it into anything we wanted to be. Yes, we still have a long ways to go yet our time line is accelerating making the impossible become possible. Turning war into peace, hunger into abundance, why not. When we focus our hearts and minds into recreating our world miracles can happen. Why else would we be here at this time than to join in the recreation of our world. There has been too many blood , sweat and tears shed in the history of this planet, is time for a history of joy, peace, love, compassion and forgiveness, time for the healing to begin.

Many blessings to all.:wub:

RedeZra
12th August 2010, 22:13
time is relative and so is space

time is just a spin and a vector in space whirling within Here and Now which is Absolute

there is no time beyond the speed of light

if it seems like time is in a rush it is because Consciousness is lifting us up from the dross

Cara
13th August 2010, 01:01
I think I have as much time as before to do things, but the experience of time has definitely changed. It has a different feel, more light and eerie. As if I cannot experience fully the fabric of it, thus the fast moving feeling. Also, when I think about the future, it is now accompanied by a feeling of being near the edge of the box or being close to an imminent wall.

Rimbaud
13th August 2010, 01:20
Oh boy do I feel time going faster...from my perspective it's just called "Waiting for Godot"...I congratulate you all on your Universal peace and Spirit of good will...If you've got any to spare..can you send some thoughts our way? I'll Bless you in return!

Rimbaud

Lost Soul
13th August 2010, 02:06
I feel it. It seems like the years are zipping by. Gone are the long, endless boring summers of my childhood.

Humble Janitor
13th August 2010, 08:27
Time is too fast nowadays. It is already Friday. The past 6 hours have zipped by and it's almost time to end a worknight. I remember when a family member went to jail back in February. 6 months have ZIPPED by since. Maybe my body and mind are no longer ruled by a clock? This has been happening for over 2 years.

ollie6986
13th August 2010, 09:34
Definitely feel time going faster, we are in August of 2010 now, 2011 is right around the corner!!! I literally have no idea where the last 2 years have gone, in particular the last 6 months. To be honesty, I welcome all the trials and tribulations of the future....think of how fast we are going to transcend the trials and deal with the problems if the last few years are anything to go by....

Elandiel BernElve
13th August 2010, 12:28
Thank you for sharing your experiences. It's "funny" how different perceptions all feed the same feeling, that time is going faster, whatever time may be. (a compressed form of information or every second being slightly shorter than the previous, a cycle drawing to its end)

When I mentioned the timeframe/window in my first post I didn't insinuate we would "ascend" within this timeframe. What I do feel is that we've entered a time of change, whatever the final outcome may be. New energies are flowing, they won't give us wings, altough i wouldn't mind:) but they might give us spiritual wings, metaforically.

Looking up, after a days work, seeing white clouds in a blue sky, hearing the sounds of the city rushing and fading away, loosing touch with our indexprogram called time, does give me a feeling we're somehow leaving this place. As if my spirit already decided it will go on but has to remain here to finish what we've begun. Whatever our destination may be and how we get there

I feel this "age" it's drawing to an end.

When time ticks... will you hear it?

Kulapops
13th August 2010, 14:17
Yes.. time must definitely be going faster, because no one seems to have any time for pledging super wonderful joyful activities on Kula's Pledge Thread...

So time must just be flying by.... ;0)

Elandiel BernElve
13th August 2010, 15:25
Maybe I like to keep em for myself;)
nah ill take a look this weekend Kulapops

Ammit
13th August 2010, 15:34
Some days seem very fast while other times seem slow!! I am not sure if it is time changing or ourselves..

Decibellistics
13th August 2010, 17:47
I personally feel that it is more of a compression of events related to time. So more individual events will manifest and allow you to participate and or observe depending on the circumstances. Therefore something that may have taken a year to fully grasp conceptually will take less time. It's as Mckenna describes....more novelty......

Victoria Tintagel
13th August 2010, 21:27
Hi there, for me, the speeding up of time seems more noticable in the way emotional upheavels are processed. Do you know what I mean? It's like what I call "instant karma" , issues in myself and in relationship with others unfold much faster, or so it seems. Less energy input on the past or the future. Another way of saying it is, maybe, that the present moment lasts longer............ although this sounds quite hilarious and illogical, but that's the closest I can get.......... as a woman, coming from Venus ;)

ascendingstarseed
15th August 2010, 09:33
Time seems to be speeding up for me...the days go by sooo quickly and before I know it the week has passed, then the weeks quickly turn into a month and the months are becoming a blur as we rapidly approach the end of 2010. Seems like the rent is always due :rolleyes:

But then there's also the paradox that as we get we get older time "appears" to go by faster, the question asked to those still in their youth would probably be a more accurate measure of the answer.

heyokah
15th August 2010, 10:01
I am always in a rush, and time is flying for me. Years are like months, weeks are days. I cannot even remember what was I doing yesterday. I mix the events in terms of time.

I really try hard to speed things down. But with no success.

I'm retired and hardly ever in a hurry but I have been experiencing the same things you describe here for the last 3 or 4 years.

rosie
23rd August 2010, 15:07
http://i37.tinypic.com/28slqol.jpg
photo-shop digital art done last week while "time" was on my side ;)

In my humble opinion :becky:
When one values something, it is mostly well documented on where to find or get it.
Our "time" at the moment seems to have a higher value on it then 20 years ago.

Time has become a commodity in this material world. There is no time for the basic's, even
in a family situation. Time is fought over and cried over. Time runs out daily for most
people. We have forgotten how to enjoy "time", and also how to make the most of it.

With the world wide awakening happening, more and more people are becoming aware
on how precious this life here on earth really is. In fact, it is so precious, we do not have
enough time to experience it all.

Hence, time flies! So, I feel time has stayed the same, it's the people who use time who have
suddenly realized that is all we have down here, and it is going way to fast for us to catch
up to.

As awakened beings and souls, we now sense the true magnificent of time, that it is
one of the most precious gifts we have here, and to waste it now would be a travesty
to our souls to do so.

Time is our constant companion, and if we do not walk in step with our own time line,
with one blink, we can miss much.

As one wise person has stated:
Lost time is never found again.
Benjamin Franklin

in love & light :love:

Chakra
23rd August 2010, 19:02
I have noticed a speed in time since 1995 - Pluto moving into Sag for me really sped things up.
Some more incites here - if you want to know why things are the way they are - Astrology - The real astrology will always be able to add some clarity to it. Adding your astrology to your current location if different from birth, will also give you incite as to how strong its effects will be.

This site had some interesting info on the changes through the signs from the larger plants and the global effects.
http://www.shotfreeinmontana.com/ss2001/21stcent.htm

2000-2003 Uranus in Aquarius, Neptune in Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius.
The Century begins on an idealistic note. Changes in perception toward religion both positive and negative. Church burnings and church revivals. Philosophy of the West recognizes more of the spiritual mind. Science and religion make strides in reconciling. Religion/philosophy/law is very humanitarian minded. World wide agitation for more freedom. Medicine is purged of many abuses and false theories (through 2008). Medicine, law and science make many new strides.

2003-2008 Uranus enters Pisces, Neptune in Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius.
Neptune & Uranus in mutual reception. Forward strides in understanding feelings. Psychological discoveries, mind control (propaganda, meditative techniques, cults and governments) are in the news. Progressive ideas become more attractive to established religion.

2008-2011 Uranus in Pisces, Neptune in Aquarius, Pluto enters Capricorn.
Governments get wakeup calls. Parenthood is recognized as a prime responsibility of citizens. Law is re-evaluated in the light of collective responsibilities. Environmental issues are seen, finally, as issues of collective survival. Pushes toward world courts and governing bodies come out in the open.

2011-2018 Uranus enters Aries, Neptune enters Pisces, Pluto in Capricorn.
A dynamic time with scientific advancement and psychic or spiritual interests vieing for public attention. Those in science and progressive thought want to dominate public thinking. Confict arises between those who want to explore space and those who want to clean up the earth. Humility and letting go adjustment called for by both sides. Ocean fishing has various trials, some species abundant others scarce.

Fredkc
23rd August 2010, 19:18
27 posts in, and I am finally looking in, here. So excuse the cheap shot, especially if it's been said before, but...

Has anyone mentioned the fact that everyone here is getting older?
"Tempus Fugit";
And nothing fugits like tempus more rare. ;)

When I was 10, a 3 month summer vacation felt like a year, all by itself.

48 years later, 2009 (all of it) felt like a "long month" to me.
Seems I get just a decent grip on Tuesday, and it's already Friday.
Aug 1st seems like last week.

But I remember first my parents, then my older siblings speaking about coming to feel this, as they aged.

Perhaps it's about our "internal clocks" measuring things by the event, not by the hour, or day. New events (to us) in particular.

That once we begin to see fewer things "new under the sun" we begin to gloss over the time spent on them, and therefore...
Time seems to move more quickly?

Or maybe I'm just havin' a Monday ;)
Fred

rosie
23rd August 2010, 19:47
Hi Fred, LOL, I was thinking the same, time does go faster as we age, but as this has been happening to the youth that are around me, and also to the younger ones on this forum, I do believe something is in the air, but not time itself speeding up. Even my seventeen year old son is complaining that time is just going too fast, by the time he makes plans, it is too late to go ahead with the plan. The time has come and gone.

I still have the very slow days, usually Monday and Friday's, so all is well here with time. I just have to find some more of it!
in love & light:wub:

Fredkc
23rd August 2010, 19:56
Rosie;
yeah, Mondays and Fridays are the tricky ones.

Mondays drag, when I'm working, zip when I'm free.
Fridays always drag until the point where I can call the rest of the time my own.

I loved the collage. Almost stole the watch ;)
Fred

PS: You might like this watch (http://fredsitelive.com/images/bryce/Sent/original/watch2.jpg).

Victoria Tintagel
28th September 2010, 17:11
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1030536695965417017
Hi Avalonians, here's a presentation by Ian Lungold on the Mayan Count of Time, the link between Chicchen Itza's Temple stairs and evolutionary steps in our existence here on Earth.
interesting in this presentation is the correlation of time accelarating and the flowering of our consciousness in exponential growth towards 2012.
It's a high quality presentation because Ian Lungold internalised the knowledge he presents, as I feel this is so. Ian Lungold was very knowledgable.
He truly was a lightwarrior, who passed on a couple of years ago. Left a valuable gift for those who are interested in TIME and ancient Mayan knowledge.

For me, the magic of being on time, living in synchronicity too, which to me is harmony, is by entering the secret space of the heart, where all is silent and a presence is tangible that is timeless. If this is my soul? I don't know, could be. Sure feels nice to be with! :) Tint.

Snowy Owl
28th September 2010, 17:29
My 2 cents,

The acceleration of transmission of informations is undeniably faster than ever. Communications, Cells, computers, satellites dishes, etc.. bound us with incoming infos.

It is becoming overwhelmingly and still increase the mental process of managing the infos.

Triage, memories, relations and management of perceptions has increase unless you live in the woods.

Our consciousness force our brain to prioritised. We have witness the emergence of concerns among humanity for long term conclusion instead of the right now kiddy attitudes.

Virtual entities like corporations and most governemental departments still plays like kids, we want it now, but we look at the damage done to the environment and to our societies and we know something is wrong.

Real entities like humans, animals, plants are decaying year after year and we human have become sponges of perceptions, we are destabilise and faster and faster as if we where the foetus in the womb at the last minutes of ChildBirth. Yes it is stressy and painfull, soon we will see a new light in a fourth dimension in wich we will have enshrined in our Minds the Time issues of our theories, words and actions.

Carmody
28th September 2010, 19:11
In astrological terms, the first day of life is all.

all of life, day one.

day two, is 50% of your life.

Day 3, is 33% of your life.

Day 4, is 25% of your life.

And so on. Thus the seeming compression of time as one ages.

The more we learn in the given day (learn at the base level) the longer the day 'seems' to be.

rgray222
28th September 2010, 19:44
I don't really think time is speeding up in the conventional way we think about time. I think there is much more happening in the world in a shorter period of time. Not necessarily all good, more earthquakes, more volcanic erruptions, Tsunami's, floods etc. There are also more people calling for the US Government to disclose info on UFO's, these calls for disclosure are becoming more frequent. My point is that it really does seem like time is going faster because the information that we are being bombarded with is comming at us at a phenomenal rate.
I am not sure of what will happen on Dec 21, 2012 and not even sure if anything will happen but for some reason I feel, literally that something is afoot, take your pick from the litany of answers. Pole Shift, Alien contact, Planet X and more. I know that my sense is very much tuned into something, just not sure what that something is at this stage!

jack
28th September 2010, 20:02
Time seems to be speeding up for me...the days go by sooo quickly and before I know it the week has passed, then the weeks quickly turn into a month and the months are becoming a blur as we rapidly approach the end of 2010. Seems like the rent is always due :rolleyes:

But then there's also the paradox that as we get we get older time "appears" to go by faster, the question asked to those still in their youth would probably be a more accurate measure of the answer.

Yeah I was just going to say that. You oldies arent qualified to answer this question =P

In truth, being 23 years young I can honestly say that time is going by so incredibly fast that a week seems like what two days used to be just a few years ago. Ive been noticing this increase over the past number of years and its getting faster and faster without any sign of slowing down. And its not just getting faster, more things are happening in less time. Anyone else feeling a little bit.. um.. daunted?

PHARAOH
29th September 2010, 12:25
Time keeps on slipping, slipping , slipping... into the future... Been feelin this for a long time now. We're on the leading edge of the wave and it's comming a crashing soon, so hang on and make peace and love.

kaliestar
29th September 2010, 14:01
Just a simple question,

Do you feel time is accelerating exponentially ?

Ive never noticed it as much as now... weeks fly by like days. Something big is definately coming.
A climax, perhaps it's the 2012 transformation or new energies timeframe.

Some days I feel like I can't catch up with it all, even when I meditate it goes too fast!

Please share your experiences.. and how you deal with it

For many years I've felt it...and it's only accelarating more, true.

I used to get worried about it but right now I decided not to worry and just do what i have to do and what I CAN do... I used to get quite desperate, now i'm tired of desperation.

Ba-ba-Ra
29th September 2010, 17:40
Some days seem very fast while other times seem slow!! I am not sure if it is time changing or ourselves..

Both!.... Einstein once said: Time goes very quickly when you are holding a pretty girls hand, and very slowly when you are sitting too close to a hot stove.

From my understanding of Carl Calleman's work, he says that time is compressing, which makes us feel as if it is speeding up, because we all feel time deprived. This is also complicated by new technologies, as Snowy Owl pointed out. We have phones that are always with us, plus emails and faxes, texts bombarding us.

Since I'm an "oldie" (71 yrs) and it's been suggested we not partake of this thread (don't worry, no offense was taken, I understand why it was suggested), I would still like to add: That yes, there is a natural speeding of time as you grow older and always has been, BUT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW IS VERY DIFFERENT, in my opinion. And yes technology contributes, but it is also more than that. I strongly agree with Calleman's theory that time is compressing. I also feel that it's very important to try to adjust as quickly as possible to this, otherwise one is going to feel as if they're in a pressure cooker. The Hathors have suggested that some will do erratic type things because of this intense feeling. And according to Calleman's interpretation of the Mayan Calendar time will compress (or speed up) even more in March 2011.

So, I feel, it would be for the best if we could realize and accept it's happening and find ways to adjust and make peace with it (as in don't fight the stream, but go with it).

Carmody
29th September 2010, 19:36
good to hear that, Mr. Da*. For at the age of 46, I am well aware of the feeling of sped up time. Also I've done considerable meditation for the purposes of dimensional linkage and am actually, to some extent, quite happy to loose the time based life and pattern. More to the point, it is part and parcel of the package of that type or overall meditation package. That ole' Buddhist thing of life as preparation for death. Summers already feel just a few weeks long.

I remember having similar thoughts as a child. Everyone had no idea what they were going to be when they grew up, I wanted to be an eccentric scientific type. I had me a plan. I kept looking at the 'adults'..with a strange look in my eyes. Knowing that what they were..was what I was going to eventually be. The difference felt so great I had no idea how it was going to take place. It was very confusing.

*Just a bit of Ram Das humor.

Chakra
30th September 2010, 17:57
The other day a friend and I were joking around how long we have known each other - 14 years - wow - Ya I know it's like there is 10 years of 'missing time' ! :)

Etherios
30th September 2010, 20:08
i think this happens because linear time is something humans invented... the brain doesnt work like that. you need event places and other info to get the idea of how long 14 years is ... for the brain 14 years isnt something that you can feel ... thus if you continue to think about this and more experience start to get pulled out of the brain (you remembering them) then you get more and more and more info thus now 14 years seem HUGE compared to the first feeling/impression you had :-P

I hope i helped you ... at least this is what i feel about it.

Humble Janitor
1st October 2010, 05:30
I don't really think time is speeding up in the conventional way we think about time. I think there is much more happening in the world in a shorter period of time. Not necessarily all good, more earthquakes, more volcanic erruptions, Tsunami's, floods etc. There are also more people calling for the US Government to disclose info on UFO's, these calls for disclosure are becoming more frequent. My point is that it really does seem like time is going faster because the information that we are being bombarded with is comming at us at a phenomenal rate.
I am not sure of what will happen on Dec 21, 2012 and not even sure if anything will happen but for some reason I feel, literally that something is afoot, take your pick from the litany of answers. Pole Shift, Alien contact, Planet X and more. I know that my sense is very much tuned into something, just not sure what that something is at this stage!

We're all in the middle of a great cosmic struggle. It's a hell of an exciting ride though!

I hope the calls for disclosure are answered so that we may focus on whatever else lies ahead.

=[Post Update]=

I have to admit that I'm more easily overwhelmed due to the speed of time. I'm slowly starting to hang in there but it feels like I have a day all planned out and it just doesn't unfold as I'd like it to on some days.

Decibellistics
1st October 2010, 06:33
To be completely honest I don't remember if I posted anything here.

I have witnessed a compression of events in what would normally be considered a relatively quick moment of time. I think the events witnessed in my being, have made time seem to progress at a faster rate....Therefore I try to stop the world internally......lol....and make cool shtuff.

Chakra
1st October 2010, 16:24
i think this happens because linear time is something humans invented... the brain doesnt work like that. you need event places and other info to get the idea of how long 14 years is ... for the brain 14 years isnt something that you can feel ... I hope i helped you ... at least this is what i feel about it.

lol - All I need to know the reality of 14 years has gone by is to look in the mirror - oh your brain can feel it quite well too, trust me in 20 years time you'll be seeing and feeling those 20 years :) Ask your grandma - grandpa what they felt like when they were young.

At 32 life as yet to have caught up to you lol But thank you for the positive outlook on this.