PDA

View Full Version : Searching

crosby
21st July 2012, 06:18
this is something new. well, old. i am searching for a dear old friend. i have tried many avenues, but they have been unsuccessful. when i met this person, at a restaurant in my town, he was a bar tender. we were very good friends. i miss him. and i have been searching the internet to find him - and i have come up empty. i would like to start a new thread about searching for people that we miss. it is an avenue to reach out and retain hope that they can find us: if they are looking too. i know this isn't a dating site, and my intentions are not in that manner, but i miss my friend. does anyone else feel the same?
warmest regards, corson

perhaps we could keep this in a quiet area?

crosby
21st July 2012, 06:21
i guess keeping it in a quiet area would defeat the purpose. so i am asking the mods and admins and bill if it could stay in the open. thank you.
warmest regards, corson

ghostrider
21st July 2012, 06:24
Corson , this might help, one word Facebook. The manager of the restaurant may have a number on his application, or a waitress sweet on him just might have his buddies number who has his. Good luck ! happy hunting. ahhhhh the thrill of the chase how exciting , something real , keep us posted how this goes ...hey give us a name , city or such and lets see who finds him first. This is the mother of all researchers, avalon members can find an atom on the needle in the haystack and post a vid on it, how they did it , and put it in infrared if needed. I'm a dumb Indian , but some folks here are amazing at finding anything. Betcha Serinity can find him, :yo:

crosby
21st July 2012, 06:27
i am looking for a man named william edward.....k. i am afraid to give his last name, but it does start with a k. we were very good friends, and i have wondered over the last 19-20 years what has happend to him. he worked as a bartender at a bar named sgros. weird, i know. but he was an affable guy and was always full of fun. there are so many people that i have lost touch with in my life. i miss them, i hope some of them are here.
warmest, corson

TargeT
21st July 2012, 06:28
Corson , this might help, one word Facebook. The manager of the restaurant may have a number on his application, or a waitress sweet on him just might have his buddies number who has his. Good luck ! happy hunting.

Wash your mouth out! your speaking to a lady, such language... tsk tsk...

Good luck in your search, I've never had much luck with something like this, but my effort level was never very high.

One of the greatest strengths we humans have is perseverance, if its important to you; don't give up! :)

crosby
21st July 2012, 06:32
Corson , this might help, one word Facebook. The manager of the restaurant may have a number on his application, or a waitress sweet on him just might have his buddies number who has his. Good luck ! happy hunting.\\

i am on 'almost permanent vacation from facebook' and i do realize that i should be looking there, however, i do not want to have a facebook account, and i know exactly what type of person he is, he is like all of us. i guess i could reactivate that stupid ass account but i don't want to. i'm hoping i'll find him here, or that a guest will recognize my sentiment. could possibly be a lost cause, but, ahhhh there is always hope!
thank you.
warmest, corson

ghostrider
21st July 2012, 06:33
yeah I'm sorry about the language. please forgive me. I putting myself in the corner on timeout...

crosby
21st July 2012, 06:38
Corson , this might help, one word Facebook. The manager of the restaurant may have a number on his application, or a waitress sweet on him just might have his buddies number who has his. Good luck ! happy hunting.

Wash your mouth out! your speaking to a lady, such language... tsk tsk...

Good luck in your search, I've never had much luck with something like this, but my effort level was never very high.

One of the greatest strengths we humans have is perseverance, if its important to you; don't give up! :)

i know what he is, i know that he will be or has been here. and he is very representative of some of my youth. there is a voice in my head that is pushing me to follow through. we were very close. and i am worried as to why my head is talking to me now about him. so i am sending emails and 'considering' the fb. we always had a great connection, i know that he has been here, even if it was as a guest. i hope he comes back....
thanks tegra t
warmest, corson

gigha
21st July 2012, 06:44
Maybe google shall find William for you

my guess would be that the best you can hope for is that he searches his own name and finds this

William Edward K :bounce:

I do hope that you find this friend

Google does link to PA that is why I mentioned his name.

So much that has been revealed.

of his name that is.

Peace gigha

i am looking for a man named william edward.....k. i am afraid to give his last name, but it does start with a k. we were very good friends, and i have wondered over the last 19-20 years what has happend to him. he worked as a bartender at a bar named sgros. weird, i know. but he was an affable guy and was always full of fun. there are so many people that i have lost touch with in my life. i miss them, i hope some of them are here.
warmest, corson

TelosianEmbrace
21st July 2012, 08:44
Hi corson. You will find this person if you need to find him, and if not, then you won't, at this time. May I share a personal story that is similar to your own?

One woman was the gateway to my spiritual awakening. We met about twenty years ago. It was through her knowledge of and association with Sai Baba that I had to visit Sai Baba in India, and it was from then on that my paradigm was shifted, or more precisely, blasted out of existence. When we split up (She dumped/ignored me), I cried out for her. She broke my heart like it was crackly frosting on your windscreen early in the morning. I was devastated, and spent the next few years attempting to come to terms with life, to reclaim some semblance of normality and balance. It was a difficult time. In those early years I tried to keep track of her, but quickly the illusion faded and the trail went cold. I wondered how I would react if ever I saw her again. Time passed, and I began to heal.

I sometimes type in the name of a former friend or acquaintance into google to see what comes up. Often I follow up on what I find, because I believe that in making contact I am reworking and realigning the the energy once invested in that relationship, transcending the limitations of the past and of older ways of thinking. I believe that in the future we will all be one, all be together and aware of each other, and this is a way to help the transition. A few times over the decades when I typed in her name I got nothing, but just a few months ago I found out where she was working, and saw pics of her. This is where she works. www.reconnexion.org.au . How did I feel? Certainly not as obsessive as I did in the past. The sense of abandonment, of loss, of rejection, was still there, but only a tweak compared to the avalanche of the early days. Obviously this is the time that I am ready to handle what occurred in the past, for this is the time that I have rediscovered the connexion :o I did send an email to the workplace for her, but that is all I will, and all I need to do for, dare I use the word? Closure. She will not respond, and I know that now. It is often the most difficult and trying relationships that offer the most growth.

Siberia9
22nd July 2012, 06:43
I used to have a constant need for finding people that did not really want to be found. It can be difficult, but in your case I would use a PI. We used to have one that worked for our crooked lawyers, he could find you anywhere if used your name and social on anything, fishing license, magazine's too. Usually I found people because their Mother is easy to find, then follow the phone records etc. In your case a local PI could go to the bar get some info and have him in about an hour. Should cost about 200 bucks.

However first you could google his name plus facebook, then do one for ALL the other sites you can think of, that way it narrows the search. Also the "We found them" for a fee websites are a joke usually and dont have as much as they claim so avoid that unless you feel lucky.

I once found a stripper that owed a guy that charges interest a lot of money this way. I knew her so I was asked to look into it. She used her name on a church website all the way over on the west coast. She apparently changed her life and had put it all behind her. This isn't related to your situation but I might as well tell the story. After talking we realized that I owed her a big one for saving our butts when she, out of nowhere flew into a parking lot where me and my crew were brawling with some other gangsters that tried to shoot us. They lost, the cops were coming and we were out of our territory, so as we turned away to run she slid into the parking lot tire's squealing yelling "get in" we dove into the car on top each other and peeled out and got away with only seconds to spare. We turned off two blocks away as the blue lights turned into the parking lot. We had a laugh about this when I called her at the church on Sunday, and anyway she had no money so I secretly paid the debt for her and she agreed to change her name just in case. man I should write a book huh LOL

oh yes, you know sometimes I used to do this thing where I would think about a person I needed to find, and do it not with anger etc but in a neutral mental state and after a while I would then close my eyes and imagine meeting them somewhere. I would see myself meeting them in a public place, I would hold that in my mind for a while, and then bam, I would see the surroundings, like a bar or store, or parking lot, I would then go there and wait for them to show up. It would work 6 out of 10 times for me. Although sometimes It worked years later and only then would I remember that I saw us meeting there way back when. Try it an see, maybe it will work for you. The trick is not to push it or try to hard just let it flow.

Good luck with your mission.

Marianne
22nd July 2012, 08:41
Corson, did you know that Mercury retrograde periods are the best time to look for people you've lost touch with? We are currently in Mercury retrograde (July 15-August 8).

Good luck finding your friend.