PDA

View Full Version : Nasa 2010

irishspirit
28th March 2010, 10:12
Hi Guy's,

I Came across this which I thought most strange.

As you are all aware, Wkileaks are planning to release a Video showing the US government involved in the killing of innocent people in Afgan on April the 5th at the National "Press" club. Nothing new, wikileaks are always breaking AMAZING stories. However, this has now come to the publics attention.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/26/nasa-sets-april-launch-date-shuttle-discovery/

Well, when NASA made this public knowledge, the openly talk about seal/leaks issues and so forth. Why would they do that?

Going by the content of this article, are NASA planning to upstage wikileaks on this day. Are NASA willing to destroy this shuttle in the hope that it takes away from wikileaks press conference because every major news outlet will cover this story for weeks to come?

Just speculation at this time, but will be interesting to watch.

Just putting it out there for debate.

shybastid
15th April 2010, 18:28
President Obama has announced he is cutting the budget for Nasa. Is it just me? Or do you think he has been told about the Black Op Space Capabilities and just does'nt see the need to continue the charade and expense?? I could be wrong. But that would explain a LOT.

Humble Janitor
15th April 2010, 20:24
Apparently, some former astronauts are upset with this as well. My question is, why do we need to go back to the moon when we have the black ops capable of getting us not only there, but Mars as well?

Luke
15th April 2010, 21:18
I would put wild speculation here: Who says this "secret space program" is American at all? (that is assuming it exists).

xbusymom
16th April 2010, 01:33
I heard on the radio last week that Nasa will have only 5 more (probably 4 by now) shuttle flights and then will be shut down to let someone else (country) take over and run with the space program.

beyondmyctrl
16th April 2010, 02:15
Obama NASA plan: Mars shot as next generation's Apollo mission
According to President Obama, NASA needs a goal beyond the space station and the moon for human spaceflight to inspire the nation as the Apollo mission did. He has chosen Mars. President Obama took the stage at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida Thursday, where he gave a speech about the future of the human spaceflight program and laid down a challenge for NASA to send an astronaut to Mars by the 2030s

2030's LOLOL!!!!! jesus ch**st ! somebody do something already !!!! :)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0415/Obama-NASA-plan-Mars-shot-as-next-generation-s-Apollo-mission

shybastid
16th April 2010, 07:22
It just seems there is more going on to our Space program then we're being told. The shuttle? It flys up...Drops off some astronughts...do some tests...grow some crystals.. Come home.
THATS IT?:rolleyes:
Maybe we should ground it then.
Me? I think everyone in Space program knows more then us. Except Nasa.

They know less. At least the way they act and respond that way.

Hey!! Here's a secret after FORTY years.. There's water on the moon and mars!!!

I'm not kidding!

NASA said so..

They said NO for forty years. Guess what? They were wrong.
UFO sightings by different Apollo missions? Did'nt happen.. Oh wait! OK maybe a couple.
But just unidentified. So no cause for alarm something else may be up there. We'll let you know.
Ground the Amatuer liers.

xbusymom
16th April 2010, 17:55
...human spaceflight program and laid down a challenge for NASA to send an astronaut to Mars by the 2030s

2030's LOLOL!!!!! jesus ch**st ! somebody do something already !!!! :)

hahaha... he will probably just disclose the Mars jumprooms... (that already exist)...

Obama: "Hey.. looky at what I just found"

Studeo
14th August 2010, 04:00
The International Space Station, the $100 billion outpost that has steadfastly orbited the Earth for more than a decade, may get a chance to explore new horizons when it retires in 2020. NASA is considering using part of it to build a spaceship that would be sent to an asteroid, while also mulling more exotic artificial-gravity designs reminiscent of Arthur C Clarke.

President Barack Obama jettisoned his predecessor's plan to return astronauts to the moon by 2020 and in April proposed to send them to an asteroid by 2025 instead.

NASA is now trying to work out the details of how to carry out such a mission and is hosting a conference on the topic in Washington, DC, on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Brian Wilcox of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, presented (pdf) some of the ideas generated by the agency's engineers during brainstorming sessions in January and June.

Mother ship Tranquility
One idea is to take apart the International Space Station, which is currently set to be retired in 2020, and use one of its crew compartments to build an asteroid-bound spacecraft in orbit instead of launching a similar capsule from Earth.

"These [asteroid] missions are going to occur at about the time that the space station is near retirement, so one has to wonder, 'Is it possible to use assets from the station as part of your mission complement?'" he said.

A space station compartment called Node 3 or Tranquility, which launched to the station aboard a shuttle mission in February, is particularly attractive for recycling because it has docking ports that could be used to attach to a pair of smaller, more nimble spacecraft. After arriving at the asteroid, astronauts could enter the smaller spacecraft and detach from the main ship in order to inspect the asteroid up close (see an illustration of the docked craft).

Spinning space odyssey
A separate idea is to use a rotating design in order to generate artificial gravity, a concept made famous in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey, by Arthur C Clarke and Stanley Kubrick. Two spacecraft would be tied to opposite ends of a tether a few hundred metres long and set rotating around each other at speeds of tens of metres per second (see illustration).

The rotation would make astronauts in the spacecraft feel a constant acceleration similar to Earth's gravity, preventing some of the bone and muscle loss that would otherwise occur over the months-long missions. "You can introduce quite a substantial equivalent gravity field ... [eliminating] the deleterious effects of microgravity," Wilcox said.

Wilcox described the proposals as concepts rather than part of a final design for an asteroid mission. Further discussion of how to carry out such a mission is scheduled to take place at the conference on Wednesday.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19292-nasa-mulls-sending-part-of-space-station-to-an-asteroid.html

Eric J (Viking)
26th August 2010, 08:47
Does anyone know what this is about??? Could be just a simple explanation!!

IMPORTANT NASA press conference 08-26-2010

Are invited to the event:

1) Jon Morse, Director, NASA Astrophysics Division, NASA Headquarters, Washington.

2) William Borucki, Kepler Mission Science Principal Investigator, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field,California.

3) Matthew Holman, Associate Director, Theoretical Astrophysic Division, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge, Mass.

4) Alycia Weinberger, Departament of Terrestrial Magnetism, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington.

NOTE: a guest is an expert in solar activity and geomagnetic activity. Coincidence? so all what I see........

Anyone heard anything....?

viking

watchZEITGEISTnow
26th August 2010, 10:13
http://www.nasa.gov/news/media/newsaudio/index.html

Richard
26th August 2010, 11:18
"NASA will host a media teleconference at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Aug. 26, to discuss new findings from the Kepler Telescope."

The Kepler mission is to find habitable Earth like planets....

HURRITT ENYETO
26th August 2010, 12:24
NASA are supposedly making a major announcement today. I think it will involve the discovery of another earth like planet. However i dont know how major this could be as they have already discovered lots.Or maybe a waterworld?

tone3jaguar
26th August 2010, 14:25
They probably found a couple hundred of them.

frank samuel
26th August 2010, 15:15
Ha ha the pressure is on and they have to say something . Even it is half lies or half truth.:sarcastic:

Fredkc
26th August 2010, 16:21
Please note neoemc2's thread over here:
"Alien Solar System looks strikingly like ours "
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?5055-Alien-Solar-System-looks-strikingly-like-ours&p=46517#post46517

frank samuel
26th August 2010, 16:24
[Please note neoemc2's thread over here:
"Alien Solar System looks strikingly like ours "
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?5055-Alien-Solar-System-looks-strikingly-like-ours&p=46517#post46517

Thanks for the info guys waiting on the NASA press conference.

freespirit
26th August 2010, 17:23
For some reason I can't seem to load the Nasa homepage unless I use a proxy server ?

frank samuel
26th August 2010, 17:41
Well if we expected then to announce that they found life on the Kepler 9 system, good luck. NASA would never do that without official clearance. Anyway a scientific term of measure was mention multiple times , Transit Timing Variation. Here's a web link that talks a little bit about that.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100708192842.htm

frank samuel
26th August 2010, 17:48
For some reason I can't seem to load the Nasa homepage unless I use a proxy server ?

Here's another link they are now on the question and answer session.

http://www.nasa.gov/333091main_NASA_News_Audio_Windows.asx

wynderer
26th August 2010, 22:05
Here's msn's [my hotmail homepage, & where i can't avoid mainstream media] story -- the first sentence:

' NASA's Kepler planet-hunting probe has spotted a system where two giant planets are locked in constantly changing orbits — with a super-Earth potentially pinned down in the crossfire.'

i always look for NWO symbolic-speak in mass media stories -- is this one way of saying, 'Earth is a prize in a galactic war between 2 rival factions?'

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/?GT1=43001

Planets spotted in changing orbits

NASA / Ames / JPL-Caltech

Artwork shows two Saturn-sized planets discovered by NASA's Kepler mission. The system may contain another planet slightly larger than Earth.

Alan Boyle writes: NASA's Kepler planet-hunting probe has spotted a system where two giant planets are locked in constantly changing orbits — with a super-Earth potentially pinned down in the crossfire.

Astronomers like to think of planets as a kind of celestial clockwork, keeping regular time. For example, the time it takes for the planets in our own solar system to complete their orbits can be calculated to within fractions of a second, and unless something huge happens, they'll stick to that timetable for billions of years.

In contrast, the two Saturn-size planets circling a sunlike star now known as Kepler-9, more than 2,000 light-years from Earth, shift their timetable with every go-round. Kepler-9b has an orbit lasting approximately 19.24 Earth days, while Kepler-9c has an orbit lasting a little more than twice as long, 38.91 days. But on average, Kepler-9b's orbit got about 4 minutes longer every time the Kepler astronomers checked, while Kepler-9c's averaged about 39 minutes shorter.

That suggests the planets are in the midst of a gravitational push-pull that keeps the orbits close to a 2-to-1 ratio, in what's known as a planetary resonance. In our own solar system, Pluto and Neptune are in a similar resonance (2-to-3), which is why little Pluto can't be kicked out of its orbit. The same thing applies to the Kepler-9 system.

"The system is stable in the sense that no planet will be ejected," said Matthew Holman, an astronomer at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics who is the principal author of a Kepler paper being published today on the journal Science's website.

"The orbits of the planets are changing, but these variations are oscillatory," Holman told me in an e-mail. "On average, the period ratio will be very close to 2-to-1. However, at any given instant that ratio may be bigger than 2-to-1 or smaller than 2-to-1."

Orbital variations has long been known to be theoretically possible, but Kepler-9 is the first confirmed planetary system where astronomers have been able to register this type of off-schedule behavior. It's actually quite a lucky break for the Kepler team. "The variations in what we call the transit times are large enough that we can use those transit timing variations to estimate the masses of thes bodies," Holman said in a Science podcast.

A question of timing
The $600 million Kepler mission looks for planets beyond Earth by having an orbiting telescope stare at a section of sky between the constellations of Cygnus and Lyra. That 15-foot-long, one-ton spacecraft looks for telltale dips in starlight that might be caused by planets crossing the disks of alien suns. By analyzing how long those dips last, and how frequently the dips occur, astronomers can figure out how large the planet could be. But they can't directly calculate how massive it is, and there's a chance that what they're seeing is not a planet at all.

The Kepler team is using other methods to make sure which among the hundreds of candidates they've found so far are truly planets — rather than, say, eclipsing binary stars or the glare of variable stars in the background. Usually, that requires follow-up observations by telescopes that look for the subtle shifts in starlight wavelengths caused by planet-induced gravitational wobbles. This interactive graphic explains how the various planet-hunting methods work.

The fact that Kepler-9's transit times were shifting immediately caught the Kepler team's attention, because that suggested a different method for confirming exactly what Kepler-9b and Kepler-9c were. Astronomers could plug those transit times into a computer model and run the numbers to see what types of objects could cause those weird orbits.

Objects the size of stars could be ruled out, because the transit timing variations would have been even larger in that case. Moreover, objects as massive as stars or brown dwarfs would be kicked out of the system relatively quickly. When the Kepler team ran a double-check with data from the Keck I telescope in Hawaii, the detection of a gravitational wobble confirmed that Kepler-9b and Kepler-9c were really, truly planets, Holman said.

"Now we have another tool to measure masses," Holman told me. "The combination of these methods is particularly powerful."

The researchers say this marks not only the first time that the transit timing method has been used to confirm a planetary detection, but also the first time that the transit method has been used to detect multiple planets in an alien solar system. That angle was touted in the NASA news release announcing the discovery.

"NASA's Kepler spacecraft has discovered the first confirmed planetary system with more than one planet crossing in front of, or transiting, the same star," the space agency declared in the news release. Of course, multiple-planet systems have been detected using methods other than pure transit observations. And with regard to the other "first," a different team of researchers previously reported using transit timing variations to study extrasolar planets, but they said the "final interpretation" of their results was still pending.

The Science research was held under embargo until 2 p.m. ET today, but the discovery came to light an hour early when NASA made its news release and other information about the observations publicly available.

Sub-Saturns ... and a super-Earth?
Holman and his colleagues estimate that Kepler-9b and Kepler-9c are both slightly smaller and less massive than Saturn. Theoretical models suggest that they're composed primarily of hydrogen and helium, like your typical gas giants. They appear to orbit in nearly the same plane, like the gas giants in our solar system. But the Kepler-9 planets have orbits that are significantly closer to their parent star than Mercury is to our own sun.

Astronomers assume that the planets formed farther out, in a colder region where ice and gas could collect, and then they circled inward in a complex orbital dance.

There might be another planet even closer in: When the researchers ran the numbers, they saw evidence that a world about one and a half times as wide as Earth was spinning around the Kepler-9 sun every 1.6 Earth days. If the evidence pans out, this planet could be about as massive as Earth, but hotter and more hellish than any world in our own solar system — sort of like the CoRoT-7b super-Earth that was identified a couple of years ago.

However, the Kepler team says it's too early to confirm that the Earth-scale candidate, currently known as KOI-377.03, is indeed a planet, let alone a super-hot super-Earth.

"The approach to confirming this as a planet will first be to exhaustively rule out all other possibilities for what could be causing the signal we see," Holman told me. "However, this will not establish the mass of this body. That will be left to future work."
Oil spill

NASA

Astronomers had to unravel the patterns that Kepler saw in the dimming of starlight from Kepler-9, as shown in this graphic.

Today's Kepler findings have been the subject of intense speculation for the past few days, even before NASA announced that an announcement was on the way. Now that the news is out, the results may not be as world-shattering as some people expected.

To my mind, the announcement earlier this week that five to seven planets had been detected in a far-off solar system seems at least as significant as today's report from Kepler. But there's been an aura of mystery surrounding the hundreds of detections made by the Kepler team because those findings have been so closely held. The fact that today's news broke on Twitter and on the Web just adds to the Kepler aura.

Kepler's principal scientific investigator, Bill Borucki of NASA's Ames Research Center, surmised that the public is so interested in the mission because it could answer some of the biggest questions in astronomy: How common are Earthlike planets? How many possible homes for life exist? "We're not surprised at all about the attention that it's been getting," he told me during today's NASA teleconference.

As more of Kepler's discoveries come out, scientists — and science fans — will develop a better understanding of the wide and weird diversity of planetary systems. Let's hope this stuff never gets old.

frank samuel
26th August 2010, 23:16
In listening to the NASA press conference about the discovery of Kepler 9 what caught my attention was the question and answer session in which a question was ask about the finding of earth like planets that are inhabited or could be inhabited , the answer was that it was too early to tell and that they would have to study these type of solar systems for one to two years. The person answering the question added come back in a year or two and we will be able to answer the question.

Thinking about the answer given, for me it meant that they have already found habitable planets and the information is due to be reveal within one to two years. Sometimes you learn more from what they say indirectly, I'm sure as scientist they are very excited with the findings and things tend to unintentionally slip out, or is it intentionally.

Blessings to all.:thumb:

Rimbaud
30th August 2010, 00:19
I'm still holding my breath!!

Rimbaud

Ross
15th September 2010, 06:17
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/257/cache/hubbles-strange-spiral-cats-eye-nebula_25773_600x450.jpg

Cat's Eye Nebula
Image courtesy NASA/ESA

Unlike LL Pegasi, which is just starting to lose its outer layers of
gassy material, the star that made the famed Cat's Eye nebula is further
along in its demise: A white dwarf, the dense core of the dying star
that formed the planetary nebula, is clearly visible in this 2004 Hubble
picture.

(See another view of the Cat's Eye taken from California.)

The Hubble shot reveals a set of at least 11 faint rings around the
white dwarf. These rings could have been made as the star ejected its
matter in a series of pulses—or they could be evidence the dead star was
once part of a binary system like LL Pegasi.

"Right now we see a single star, but that doesn't necessarily mean that
it has always been a single star," JPL's Sahai said. "There are theories
suggesting that a companion has been swallowed up by the main star."

Published September 9, 2010

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/257/cache/hubbles-strange-spiral-planetary-nebula_25776_600x450.jpg\

Planetary Nebula NGC 2440
Image courtesy NASA/ESA

Not all dying stars leave such geometrically perfect remains, as
evidenced by the uneven lobes of the planetary nebula NGC 2440, seen
above in a 2007 Hubble picture.

The lone star that formed this nebula likely shed its mass unevenly
during periodic outbursts that blasted gas and dust in many directions.
Today its white dwarf—the hottest known—is giving off intense
ultraviolet light that makes the surrounding stellar debris glow.

In about five billion years our sun will also end its life and give rise
to a planetary nebula. (See "Red Giant Sun May Not Destroy Earth.")

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/257/cache/hubbles-strange-spiral-corkscrew_25774_600x450.jpg

An unusually "perfect" cosmic corkscrew surrounds the binary star system
LL Pegasi in a new Hubble Space Telescope picture released this week.

Astronomers think the spiral's evenly spaced rings are being created
because one of the stars in the binary pair is dying. Unlike more
massive stars that end their lives in explosive supernovae, LL Pegasi is
quietly shedding its outer layers of gas and dust to form what's called
a planetary nebula.

The dying star itself is still hidden by a dusty cocoon. But it's
ejecting material at about 31,000 miles (50,000 kilometers) an hour, the
researchers calculate, forming a new ring in the spiral every 800 years.

"If a single star was sitting still, it would eject matter in all
directions at roughly the same speed," said Raghvendra Sahai of NASA's
Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Instead the dying star is losing material as it orbits around the center
of the binary system. As the star completes an orbit every 800 years,
its lost matter winds around the system in a regular geometric pattern.

—Brian Handwerk

Regards

Ross

wynderer
15th September 2010, 06:34
Ross -- thanks for this -- beautiful! -- but wanted to let you know that the middle link does not work-- leads to a non-access page at Nat Geo

Studeo
18th September 2010, 15:48
Nasa is putting its newest technology through its paces in the Arizona desert in a bid to simulate the surface of the moon or Mars.
A rover prototype, the Space Exploration Vehicle, which is the size of a pickup truck, has a pressurised cabin in which crew can live for up to 14 days...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1312776/Nasa-tests-new-space-vehicles-Arizona-desert-simulate-surface-moon.html#ixzz0ztdIx2RN

The One
8th October 2010, 08:32
Nasa has given the green light to a $438 million (£275 million) mission to Mars a probe will be sent in 3 years time.

Do they think we are totally stupid all i can say on the topic is disinformation yet again and they will go to any lengths to do it. What a waste of money we all no the truth.

Chakra
9th October 2010, 00:10
Nasa has given the green light to a $438 million (£275 million) mission to Mars a probe will be sent in 3 years time.

Do they think we are totally stupid ---

Ahhh Yeeessss (insert zigzagging in air finger here) do you even have to ask? :)

They need it for there slush - or is that 'hush' fund you know!
Hushing people up is getting more and more expensive now a days. There is Big competition out there - cost of living - electrical bills. New cars you know the usual....

truthseekerdan
23rd October 2010, 23:27
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/10/21/1225941/548851-star-trek.jpg

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/nasa-preps-100-year-spaceship-programme-to-boldly-go-where-none-have-gone-before/story-e6frfro0-1225941547507#ixzz13EAAPOvC

Lost Soul
24th October 2010, 00:04
I thought we were there already.

MariaDine
24th October 2010, 00:20
:) It checks out with the other Info ...

July 04, 2010
'Doomsday Ark' to be Housed on the Moon -A Remote Access Toolkit to Rebuild the Human Race

.......«.The scientists envisage placing the first experimental databank on the moon no later than 2020 and it could have a lifespan of 30 years. The full archive would be launched by 2035.»

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2010/07/doomsday-ark-to-be-housed-on-the-moon-a-remote-access-toolkit-to-rebuild-the-human-race.html

Harley
24th October 2010, 01:30
Thanks for the articles, Dan & Maria!

But as I was reading Maria's I truly got a very strong and distinct feeling of deja vu. I felt like I was back in the very early 60's reading Popular Science! I hope the writers of this article don't think that they've come up with a new idea, because they haven't. And imo it's already been done, and not JUST on the moon.

And NASA's '
100-year spaceship' program to boldly go where none have gone before? More Malarkey! But this is what NASA was conceived for...to keep the public in the dark and 100 (or more) years behind what we're already doing!

I just think that articles such as these are prime examples of propaganda used to keep the public in the dark, and it irks me because the public buys this stuff up and happily eats it without ever questioning it!

No disrespect intended whatsoever here. Just my opinion!

jcocks
24th October 2010, 02:15
Thanks for the articles, Dan & Maria!

But as I was reading Maria's I truly got a very strong and distinct feeling of deja vu. I felt like I was back in the very early 60's reading Popular Science! I hope the writers of this article don't think that they've come up with a new idea, because they haven't. And imo it's already been done, and not JUST on the moon.

And NASA's '? More Malarkey! But this is what NASA was conceived for...to keep the public in the dark and 100 (or more) years behind what we're already doing!

I just think that articles such as these are prime examples of propaganda used to keep the public in the dark, and it irks me because the public buys this stuff up and happily eats it without ever questioning it!

No disrespect intended whatsoever here. Just my opinion!

Have a good think about it, and you might agree with me. I'm thinking this could be paving the way for the eventual disclosure of the technologies they have been hiding. Any such technologies would be attributed to this "100 year spaceship" program - so they wouldn't have to admit where the technology actually came from. And it would also account for the paltry amount of money they've given the program - as there isn't any actual R&D involved.

It makes sense, at least to me...

Operator
1st November 2010, 15:17
Hi,

I am in the south of the Caribbean and currently a tropical storm called Tomas is coming through.

The data on NHC seems to be different than the actual satellite images

NHC: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/143413.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

NASA: http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/get-goes?satellite=GOES-E%20HURRICANE&lat=12&lon=-70&zoom=2&width=800&height=600&type=Animation&palette=spect.pal&mapcolor=orange&quality=100

According to NHC the storm should be North of Curacao (center one of the three ABC islands). On the satellite images it's due east of Bonaire (right one of the three).

And yet they seem to know for days that it will be a hurricane going over Haiti again.

How can they be so sure days in advance with such a sharp turn while they are even not right this minute ?

Anyone else have a thought on this ?

Ba-ba-Ra
1st November 2010, 18:21
My thought: HAARP - which has the ability to direct hurricanes. As I recall, the same thing happened with Katrina - and then when it did hit and the destruction wasn't nearly as bad as they thought - low and behold, a levee broke, which is what caused the major flooding and ultimately turned this into a major disaster.

Hope all is well for you in this event - keep us posted.

Operator
1st November 2010, 19:15

Thanks Ba-ba-ra,

I am not so worried ... it's just a tropical storm. It started gushing down approx. 10 minutes ago. No heavy winds or so.
The biggest destruction to infrastructure is often washed away roads because of the water seeking it's way down.

We will be able to handle it ... I am more worried about this thing strengthening and then heading to Haiti where people
try to survive in tents. I imagine that it could be far more problematic for them.

Let's hope for the best !

olgraybear
1st November 2010, 19:29
I wonder if there are any avalonians that live near or close to HAARP, maybe neighboring towns to Gakona?
Curious if they could tell and describe about the facility when its fired up or maybe what may be visible in the skies.
Someone that lives around there might be able to provide a reference to see if its activation coincides with the weather
like Operator describes.

Wood
1st November 2010, 19:30
How can they be so sure days in advance with such a sharp turn while they are even not right this minute ?

Weather is a chaotic system. That means it is very difficult to predict because, even when there are good models in place of how weather works, the data is not detailed enough. I think the data comes from a combination of land stations, weather balloons and satellites and that is used to feed the mathematical models. The models give statistical outputs, like a '90% chance that the storm will go over Haiti in the next three days'. That high chance is usually reported by the media as a certainty for the event to happen.
I think a good way to picture the process is that some noise is added to the data (e.g. guesses for temperatures, pressure, humidity, wind speed, etc at points where there is no actual data), and a simulation for the next few days is run (using the math models and computers). This is repeated many times with different noise to get the chances of different future events.
I am not sure if this is actually used to forecast weather, but it is used in other areas with comparable problems from the point of view of the scarce data and the maths involved, so I believe it is a good description of what actually might be going on.
No need for a conspiracy theory IMHO.

Operator
1st November 2010, 19:52
No need for a conspiracy theory IMHO.

Ok, I am also not implying (yet) that this is the case ... just monitoring as things happen.
But since they were far off with the current position one wonders ... my interest was especially raised when I read in a dutch
newspaper (http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/8082441/__VN__Orkaan_Tomas_gevaar_voor_Hati__.html) already THIS weekend that the UN felt sorry for the people that this storm could hit as a hurricane on Haiti.

I think they were at least 400 Miles mistaken between projected path and actual position so as you mentioned there are a lot
of variables ... why are they worried then already days before ?

Wood
1st November 2010, 19:59
Probably because of the delay in the information flow... I do not think the UN statement was released just after considering the latest forecast but using older data (and thus more inaccurate since that depends on how far in the future is the forecast). Who knows though, you may have a point.

Operator
3rd November 2010, 14:04

Ok, small update again ...

It looked like a storm in a tea cup at first .... but the tail was a bit more serious.
After we thought "This is it" more bad weather arrived ...

I learned from the news later that this storm caused 2 deaths on Curacao ... (a bit more serious after all for 'just a storm')

Currently the storm is only a tropical depression and in an unpredicted position but still it's slated to pass over Haiti as a hurricane .... ?

Not really breaking news (yet) ... but very weird indeed.

norman
3rd November 2010, 14:18
I wonder if there are any avalonians that live near or close to HAARP, maybe neighboring towns to Gakona?
Curious if they could tell and describe about the facility when its fired up or maybe what may be visible in the skies.
Someone that lives around there might be able to provide a reference to see if its activation coincides with the weather
like Operator describes.

That's a similar thought I've had a few times regarding most 'events'. I'd also like to know if there is a 'team' around capable of monitoring data cluster traffic activity on the web. The exact data isn't as important as the send and receive addresses ( initially ). If false flag operations are for real I'm sure those criminals MUST create evidence of their wrong doing. If we could get up to speed on the evidence gathering technology we might get somewhere.

Operator
3rd November 2010, 14:31
I'd also like to know if there is a 'team' around capable of monitoring data cluster traffic activity on the web. The exact data isn't as important as the send and receive addresses ( initially ). If false flag operations are for real I'm sure those criminals MUST create evidence of their wrong doing. If we could get up to speed on the evidence gathering technology we might get somewhere.

I think it's difficult to get a targeted result and it would take some time to build up data history as background signature. Probably one of the reasons why Cliff High elaborates so
much on topics around the gathered data is because he is gathering data already for quite some time which enabled him to focus more and more by filtering the 'selection' of
websites (by adding and removing). He automatically gets more knowledge about the contents of those sites.

norman
3rd November 2010, 14:39
I think it's difficult to get a targeted result and it would take some time to build up data history as background signature. Probably one of the reasons why Cliff High elaborates so
much on topics around the gathered data is because he is gathering data already for quite some time which enabled him to focus more and more by filtering the 'selection' of
websites (by adding and removing). He automatically gets more knowledge about the contents of those sites.

I agree it's very difficult. Another obvious data blip to expect when HAARP is activated is a surge of current flow through the power lines that supply it.

AtlasFactor
11th November 2010, 02:34
"NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.

Media representatives may attend the conference, join by phone or ask questions from participating NASA locations. To RSVP or obtain dial-in information, journalists must send their name, affiliation and telephone number to Trent Perrotto at: trent.j.perrotto@nasa.gov by 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 15. Reporters wishing to attend the conference in-person must have a valid press credential for access. Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.

Scientists involved in the research will be available to answer questions. Panelists providing analysis of the research include:
- Jon Morse, director, Astrophysics Division, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Kimberly Weaver, astrophysicist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- Alex Filippenko, astrophysicist, University of California, Berkeley "

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-157_Chandra_Update.html

truthseekerdan
11th November 2010, 02:38
Planet X anyone...:confused:

Ahkenaten
11th November 2010, 03:10
Now THIS is interesting..............................I wonder if it is that object they glimpsed back in 1988 that was in the Washington Post?

Lost Soul
11th November 2010, 04:10
Rejoice! Our overlords return!

Ahkenaten
11th November 2010, 04:26
I am really really intrigued by this. Oh well guess we'll have to wait until the 15th. to see what's up!!

truthseekerdan
11th November 2010, 05:12
I am really really intrigued by this. Oh well guess we'll have to wait until the 15th. to see what's up!!

Well, let's hope it's not one of these...:flame:

http://www.space.com/news/asteroid-threat-global-action-plan-101109.html

noxon medem
11th November 2010, 05:16
With all the new equipment in use, we will have lots of new information from the universe
to look forward to in times to come.
This surfaced in local media yesterday. This from the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/new-structure.html
So it's probably not the cause of the news conference.
- But something to chew into while waiting.

Related thread here :
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7854-NASA-s-Fermi-Finds-Giant-Nov-9th-Media-Conference

nm

Ahkenaten
11th November 2010, 05:28
No worries Truthseekerdan, if a big meteor were headed our way we probably would not be told especially if it posed a danger to us because TPTB think we'll all go nuts.................but I do wonder what it is!!?? Maybe it is the large object that was viewed on the Fermi telescope radiating from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy noxon medem refers to above, or........................?

truthseekerdan
11th November 2010, 05:57
No worries Truthseekerdan

No worried anymore mate, it comes from fear, and that's what 'they' want you to be in...

Elandiel BernElve
11th November 2010, 08:28
Can't wait, I hope it'll be something worthwile to watch:) Please don't let it be a reptillian invasion fleet:p
Let Halo stay where it belongs, in my xbox 360

Bill Ryan
11th November 2010, 09:00
Very, very interesting. These times could not be stranger.

Planet X is a reality (a dwarf star in our binary system, as many have theorized) and the governments' knowledge about it has to be announced sometime.

What I understand is that it does certainly exist, although it's not a serious problem to us - but its presence will be dramatically hyped (all at the right chosen time) to provide a major distraction and a problem-reaction-solution opportunity for the controllers.

Humble Janitor
11th November 2010, 09:14
Maybe they've seen this swiss-cheese looking object up in the sky and completely forgot that it was the moon? LOL.

In all seriousness, it'll probably be another asteroid.

Kra
11th November 2010, 09:31
In all seriousness, it'll probably be another asteroid.
Asteroids are not that exceptional...

astrid
11th November 2010, 09:43
hmmm... exceptional object , what on earth are they preparing us for... ( its kind of exciting actually , lol)

Scott
11th November 2010, 09:52
With all the new equipment in use, we will have lots of new information from the universe
to look forward to in times to come.
This surfaced in the media yesterday. This from the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/new-structure.html
So it's probably not the cause of the news conference.
But something to chew into while waiting.

This is a very Cool find, Thank You !!
I have some reading to do.

Link Here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/new-structure-briefing.html

bashi
11th November 2010, 18:10
I think it will be about V407 Cyg, a new Super Nova which is 9000 light-years away.

truthseekerdan
11th November 2010, 18:29
Or perhaps this one -- "Alan Boyle writes: Hot on the heels of a NASA probe's encounter with a comet, yet another glowing iceball is causing a sensation among astronomers. Comet Ikeya-Murakami, in the constellation Virgo, appears to be in the midst of an eye-catching outburst."

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/10/5442846-watch-out-for-a-comets-outburst

Ahkenaten
11th November 2010, 19:08
Hmm..........I keep thinking about that story in 1988 in the Washington Post wherein Scientists from JPL announced that they had detected a large astronomical body in the vicinity of the earth. Then that story went totally silent. I had contacted Richard Hoagland for his thoughts on that, and ..... short story is no one is saying 'nuthin. I find it hard to believe that a story like that could appear with all the correct credentials - apparently some measurable anomalies in the orbits of the planets indicated the presence of something very large and very close that was exerting an influence on them - and then just wink out. I am convinced there HAD to be something to that story and have been curious all these years as to why the story went black.

bashi
12th November 2010, 20:16
In case that the conference is about V407 Cyg, lets pre-empty any supernova-hype:
V407 Cyg is a binary system, about 9000 light years away. A small white dwarf sucks plasma from a gigantic duplicate of our sun.
This is not a supernova per se, but a periodical blast of x-rays, created by the plasma-flow. The flow is not very intense, otherwise it would continuously create these x-rays. Instead the dwarf is slowly accumulating the material in a ring, which from time to time causes huge explosions when it collapses. This blast is most likely what has been observed by Chandra and will be discussed.
There is no danger for Earth or the ozone-layer. No danger at all!
If this would happen 5-10 light years away, then it would be another story (maybe), but not at a distance of 9000 light years.
Even if it would be a full blown supernova explosion, then it would be only interesting if it would be within a 100-300 light years distance. But this is only a cosmic firecracker.
This event is of course of great importance for all the cosmological experts, but not for us, the doom and gloom seekers. :p

That said, let’s see whether its about something else, maybe an unknown heavy object within our solar system…

kalimistik
12th November 2010, 22:41
Let´s be fair, there is so much that is hidden, who knows what titbit they´ll through us now! It will obviously be something that has been speculated upon within our community in the past. Anyways only a few more days to wait........Or then again it could be a craft and this could be the start, of, D..I..S..C..L..O..S..U..R..E..?

:shocked:

kalimistik
13th November 2010, 01:12
Cheers noxon medem,

Seeing this image has just made me realise that, the galaxy has the same output signature as the earth, only that with the galaxy, it´s gamma rads and with the earth it´s the van (h)Allen belt. Amazing ...........! They are all torus fields! Macro and micro .....as above so below. Just after watching " Home " the other day I was reminded how all forests and jungles resemble the respiratory system .....as above so below. As my man David ( with whom I experienced a 10 hour marathon the other day, here in barcelona :o) would say, it´s a holographic reality. As we all know when you start to divide up a hologram.................you realise that it will not divide, only replicate and as always " aasb "....I feel there maybe a lot more rememberance in the collective mind, as of late.....¿

Butangeld
13th November 2010, 02:46
This is really rather curious language 'discovery of an exceptional object'
Quite literally this means an object that is the exception to the rule. An asteroid is not an exception to the rule.
And then 'in our cosmic neighborhood' leaves it somewhat open. Cosmic could mean as near as the planets, but could just as well mean light years distance or even the next galaxy. It's not specific.
My money is on the arrival of some sort of inter-galactic bus service and that our memories are too short to remember the last bus ;)

norman
13th November 2010, 03:00
D..I..S..C..L..O..S..U..R..E..?

:shocked:

What a laugh....... more like D I S 'B E N D I T' U R E !

truthseekerdan
13th November 2010, 04:18
Anyone seen this thread on ATS?
It's titled: "China has found something shocking on the Moon?" (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread629340/pg1)

If anyone speaks chinese here, please translate this page for us (no google translation please): http://www.chnqiang.com/article/2010/1109/mil_31794_2.shtml

Thanks! Have to go for awhile...

Kra
13th November 2010, 07:36
It's titled: "China has found something shocking on the Moon?" (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread629340/pg1)

If anyone speaks chinese here, please translate this page for us (no google translation please): http://www.chnqiang.com/article/2010/1109/mil_31794_2.shtml

reply posted on 11-11-2010 @ 06:53 PM by Sanjaya

HA, HA, HA, HA, Rice Birds, That's Funny
Google translator Sucks.
It mixes Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese and tries to translate to English.

My wife is at work, so I had our daughter translate the article.
Yes, My daughter and wife are both Chinese and their primary language is Mandarin Chinese.

The news article is stating the fact that China did get a picture of an area on the moon that NASA had photographed and tried to photo brush out. Well Guess What, China is not covering up the picture, but have not said what is in the picture, they are showing the NASA picture.
I don't have an answer for you about what they photographed, no one is saying yet.

They are showing the same photo NASA took, you're not seeing Chinas picture, but I gather their is something there of great interest and the Chinese Government is not talking to much about it except, they'd like to (open) investigate further.

They are not releasing their real pictures yet either. So, I can't tell you what is in the picture, but I can tell you this,,,,,,, You think America and NASA Hides the Truth and Lies,,,, You haven't lived in China,,, They are Masters at hiding the truth and lying,,, They'll try and embarrass America with some pictures and try to convince you their camera is better, but won't ever tell you the truth of whats in their picture.

OK, The little woman is home.
She read the entire story as much as she could find that actually related to this topic.
She says,,, China is hiding something, they want you to believe they purposely took this picture to make NASA look bad. I asked her, " What Picture?" She said, "They won't show you."
But, China is not discussing what they took a picture of, they are only saying it is of great interest and needs to be investigated further.
YES, China has posted the pictures Clementine took, you are all correct. But, they are not going to release their picture to the public. My wife believes they really have nothing to release, they are just trying to UP ONE on NASA and get their space agency more publicity in national news.
Take it for what's worth. My wife says, if it comes from the mouth of a Central Committee Member, Close your ears, open your eyes and step high over the B/S.

Teakai
13th November 2010, 10:09
hmmm... exceptional object , what on earth are they preparing us for... ( its kind of exciting actually , lol)

I'm thinking possibly Project bluebeam.

I_Am
14th November 2010, 05:21
Proably this, rather disappointing find:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/m/news/index.cfm?release=2010-377

Or, if it was cool, a brown dwarf - just like that in our own solar system, heading our way - around 2012 - and they are calling it Niburu... 8-)

MariaDine
14th November 2010, 22:31
NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.

Media representatives may attend the conference, join by phone or ask questions from participating NASA locations. To RSVP or obtain dial-in information, journalists must send their name, affiliation and telephone number to Trent Perrotto at: trent.j.perrotto@nasa.gov by 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 15. Reporters wishing to attend the conference in-person must have a valid press credential for access. Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.

Scientists involved in the research will be available to answer questions. Panelists providing analysis of the research include:
- Jon Morse, director, Astrophysics Division, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Kimberly Weaver, astrophysicist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- Alex Filippenko, astrophysicist, University of California, Berkeley

For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and further information, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/ntv

For more information about NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/chandra

http://chandra.harvard.edu

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-157_Chandra_Update.html

Swami
14th November 2010, 22:37
Could be this.......

http://www.thebigwobble.com/2010/11/blog-post.html

jcocks
15th November 2010, 05:07
Nope it's not the thing that I-Am posted...as it's coming from a completely different telescope - that one's from WISE, this one is Chandra...

And who knows what it'll be, but it seems to have NASA excited....

Best case scenario for disclosure at this stage :

They report it to be large, "appears to be man-made", and "appears to be under intelligent control"...

Won't be anytthing more definite for now, and probly won't even be anything even reotely resembling what I just said, but it would be exciting if it was...

shiva777
15th November 2010, 05:13
probably this..

http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2010/3c186/

NASA definitely won't give you the truth if it is something really BIG ...

jcocks
15th November 2010, 05:19
probably this..

http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2010/3c186/

NASA definitely won't give you the truth if it is something really BIG ...

I don't expect them to give us the TRUTH.... Whatever they disclose will be full of "appears to be" and "possibly"....so wishy-washy...

Anyway, I don't believe it would be that - as it's already been reported in an astrophysics jornal on october 10th, and the image was released almost 1 month ago (october 26th)... they would have had the news conference on it by now if they were to have one...

Bill Ryan
15th November 2010, 08:34

reply posted on 11-11-2010 @ 06:53 PM by Sanjaya

HA, HA, HA, HA, Rice Birds, That's Funny
Google translator Sucks.
It mixes Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese and tries to translate to English.

My wife is at work, so I had our daughter translate the article.
Yes, My daughter and wife are both Chinese and their primary language is Mandarin Chinese.

The news article is stating the fact that China did get a picture of an area on the moon that NASA had photographed and tried to photo brush out. Well Guess What, China is not covering up the picture, but have not said what is in the picture, they are showing the NASA picture.
I don't have an answer for you about what they photographed, no one is saying yet.

They are showing the same photo NASA took, you're not seeing Chinas picture, but I gather their is something there of great interest and the Chinese Government is not talking to much about it except, they'd like to (open) investigate further.

They are not releasing their real pictures yet either. So, I can't tell you what is in the picture, but I can tell you this,,,,,,, You think America and NASA Hides the Truth and Lies,,,, You haven't lived in China,,, They are Masters at hiding the truth and lying,,, They'll try and embarrass America with some pictures and try to convince you their camera is better, but won't ever tell you the truth of whats in their picture.
OK, The little woman is home.
She read the entire story as much as she could find that actually related to this topic.
She says,,, China is hiding something, they want you to believe they purposely took this picture to make NASA look bad. I asked her, " What Picture?" She said, "They won't show you."
But, China is not discussing what they took a picture of, they are only saying it is of great interest and needs to be investigated further.
YES, China has posted the pictures Clementine took, you are all correct. But, they are not going to release their picture to the public. My wife believes they really have nothing to release, they are just trying to UP ONE on NASA and get their space agency more publicity in national news.
Take it for what's worth. My wife says, if it comes from the mouth of a Central Committee Member, Close your ears, open your eyes and step high over the B/S.reply posted on 11-11-2010 @ 06:53 PM by Sanjaya

Here are the two photos that the Chinese posted. (http://www.chnqiang.com/article/2010/1109/mil_31794_1.shtml) Presumably the lower is an enlargement. Something has clearly been smudged out with a Blur tool.

http://www.chnqiang.com/uploadfile/article/uploadfile/201011/20101109085945618.jpg

http://www.chnqiang.com/uploadfile/article/uploadfile/201011/20101109085952140.jpg

Harley
15th November 2010, 09:17
Here are the two photos that the Chinese posted. (http://www.chnqiang.com/article/2010/1109/mil_31794_1.shtml) Presumably the lower is an enlargement. Something has clearly been smudged out with a Blur tool.

http://www.chnqiang.com/uploadfile/article/uploadfile/201011/20101109085952140.jpg

So they STILL can't get it started, or what?

Sorry. Couldn't resist! LOL!

Helvetic
15th November 2010, 09:58
http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n1081/n7529/n7935/n277524.files/n277473.jpg

http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n1081/n7529/n7935/n277524.files/n277447.jpg

http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n1081/n7529/n7935/n277524.files/n277448.jpg

http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n1081/n7529/n7935/n277524.files/n277449.jpg

http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n1081/n7529/n7935/n277524.files/n277450.jpg

Videos from Chang'e 2 released by China

1 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/74b1dfac0e8c3a74.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

2 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/f1b7db22acc538b0.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

3 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/a6e91edb3eec0935.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

Above 100km:
4 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/96a4d3bfadbe7ff5.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

Above 15km:
5 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/6c89667e11fa11b6.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

6 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/da15d6fa4d8b3796.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

7 (http://tv.people.com.cn/img/2010tv_flash/player.swf?xml=/pvservice/xml/2010/11/8/4a589ee17b28f2ea.ptv&key=%C8%CB%C3%F1%B5%E7%CA%D3:/144357/150722/&quote=1)

sargeist
15th November 2010, 10:25
lol

the chinese space program is sponsored by nasa

nothing they have done so far has been of note.

afaik 'rice bird' means exactly what you think it does. its slang.

a whole lot of BS with everything else they have put out into the public eye so far. so why would this be any different?

-------

also, has anyone here looked into the cannibal star thing yet?

Operator
15th November 2010, 13:47
lol

the chinese space program is sponsored by nasa

nothing they have done so far has been of note.

afaik 'rice bird' means exactly what you think it does. its slang.

a whole lot of BS with everything else they have put out into the public eye so far. so why would this be any different?

I think you are right on the money ...

I had another more extensive conversation with a friend who is well connected with people IN China ...

Here's a short summary of what he told me:

1. Hu Jintao is actually NOT in power. There is a shadow government too. Hu Jintao is only still in control of the military (which I think is still a whole lot of power).
2. The shadow government is also driven by industrialists (located mainly in Shanghai)
3. The Chinese participated in the development of the X37
4. There is a big secret base near Shanghai with a lot of interesting stuff
5. There is a overt government program to distract all the people using UFO's, ET's to draw the attention away from their own secret programs
6. China is not at all that economical powerful as is often suggested
7. China's economy is so big and complex ... it's the main reason why it is still fragile
8. There is a lot of money going around in China ... but it's only on paper. State driven. The money doesn't actually exist
9. China is becoming more and more war capable, understanding that the growing economy is a kind of threat too to it's fragile situation
10. Taiwan is on the top of their list to get it non-violently back in their reign

This friend was always skeptical that China would be involved in a war. Especially in a location outside their territory.
But since he investigated more stimulated by specific questions I had he's revising his view.

Ok, the reflected points are only what I learned not necessarily what I think is true (still have to sort out how this all would fit in the current situation).
Also most points may go off-topic but bottom line is ... China will probably not blow the whistle on space related stuff yet.
They will seek to gain momentum and power and then reveal 'their' truth ... not necessarily 'THE truth'.

Luke
15th November 2010, 14:40
(...)
Ok, the reflected points are only what I learned not necessarily what I think is true (still have to sort out how this all would fit in the current situation).
Also most points may go off-topic but bottom line is ... China will probably not blow the whistle on space related stuff yet.
They will seek to gain momentum and power and then reveal 'their' truth ... not necessarily 'THE truth'.
From what I know that is fairly good assessment FROM China standpoint.
Problem is, their loose-money fuelled endeavours in search of cheap raw stock (which they consider perfectly legitimate) are making other nations very, very nervous.
To be more precise, No.1 on concerned list seems to be Russia, especially if you consider that regions where "strategic" minerals are mined are close to Rus-China border. That was reason for supplying India military for years, and now comeback into Afghanistan, where it seems Chinese bought US-installed regime. Such things were allowed in areas considered "hands free zones" (like Africa) but not on other nation's prizes.
Given recent leak of "world overview" form Chinese Foreign Ministry (http://gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-china-is-thinking.html), where they muse about why EU allow such "insubordinance" in it's states and similar things, I think they do not get the "cultural" differences. Map and territory thing on very large scale.
Which makes them very vulnerable. One might say- sitting ducks. In the world where generals crave for "good ole second/third generation war" .. that does not involve chasing guerillas in some forsaken mountains. Lots of targets that can be conveniently carpet-bombed. Lots of evidence that can just vaporize, like Kammler's Empire (http://books.google.pl/books?id=DoZhZ48Fxo4C&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=Kammler%27s+empire&source=bl&ots=b-DBM88zKF&sig=MqxJLNQHhs2d3ouL-0lrpdP5qf4&hl=pl&ei=GUbhTIO0JMXAhAe87uiqDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=Kammler%27s%20empire&f=false).

Operator
15th November 2010, 14:56
From what I know that is fairly good assessment FROM China standpoint.
Problem is, their loose-money fuelled endeavours in search of cheap raw stock (which they consider perfectly legitimate) are making other nations very, very nervous.
To be more precise, No.1 on concerned list seems to be Russia, especially if you consider that regions where "strategic" minerals are mined are close to Rus-China border. That was reason for supplying India military for years, and now comeback into Afghanistan, where it seems Chinese bought US-installed regime. Such things were allowed in areas considered "hands free zones" (like Africa) but not on other nation's prizes.
Given recent leak of "world overview" form Chinese Foreign Ministry (http://gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2010/10/what-china-is-thinking.html), where they muse about why EU allow such "insubordinance" in it's states and similar things, I think they do not get the "cultural" differences. Map and territory thing on very large scale.
Which makes them very vulnerable. One might say- sitting ducks. In the world where generals crave for "good ole second/third generation war" .. that does not involve chasing guerillas in some forsaken mountains. Lots of targets that can be conveniently carpet-bombed. Lots of evidence that can just vaporize, like Kammler's Empire (http://books.google.pl/books?id=DoZhZ48Fxo4C&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=Kammler%27s+empire&source=bl&ots=b-DBM88zKF&sig=MqxJLNQHhs2d3ouL-0lrpdP5qf4&hl=pl&ei=GUbhTIO0JMXAhAe87uiqDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=Kammler%27s%20empire&f=false).

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response ... but I think we should take this discussion to another thread because this one is going off-topic.
I only fitted it in to point out that China is not going to help reveal the truth on space based secrets.

When I am ready to add more details I will do it in a more appropriate thread and refer to these 2 posts.

Agape
15th November 2010, 15:29
I'd release this one...

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll256/PaldenLhamo/ET%20scans/necklace_corradi.jpg

Nicknamed : The Necklace Nebula . It could be lots of other things too..

It's too far to say ...:becky:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

JoshERTW
15th November 2010, 16:07
Anyone have a link to a live feed for the conference? Wouldn't mind watching it over lunch :)

Rocky_Shorz
15th November 2010, 16:19
it starts in about an hour...

The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, carried live on NASA TV.

NASA TV Link (http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html?param=public)

kesom
15th November 2010, 17:11
tic toc,tic toc
its been a long 5 days :)

kesom
15th November 2010, 17:34
is it just me or is there nothing happening on nasa tv reguarding the news conference..........
really dont want to miss it and it 33 minutes past ;(

¤=[Post Update]=¤

is it just me or is there nothing happening on nasa tv reguarding the news conference..........
really dont want to miss it and it 33 minutes past ;(

Solphilos
15th November 2010, 17:37
The player is not working for me. I will see about 3 seconds of the conference, and it will shut off. I'll hit play again, 3 more seconds of the same footage, and shuts off again. Is there another channel elsewhere of this conference?

Helvetic
15th November 2010, 17:37
I think its over here: http://www.nasa.gov/145590main_Digital_Media.asx

Elandiel BernElve
15th November 2010, 17:38
It's not until 17:00 GMT-5 that means at 21:00 Western europe time GMT+1 if i'm right

MorningSong
You have to click on the "Media Channel" on the right....

kesom
ta very much helv :)

Solphilos
15th November 2010, 17:42
I think its over here: http://www.nasa.gov/145590main_Digital_Media.asx

Thanks for the link, working great now :)

JoshERTW
15th November 2010, 17:43
I missed the start (i.e. how far away it is, but it sounds like it is a star that went supernova and is now turning into eithera neutron star or black hole.

To watch the discussion panel click on the "media channel" at the link Rocky provided above.

truthseekerdan
15th November 2010, 17:51
So far disappointing, NASA is a "young black hole" itself...

Helvetic
15th November 2010, 17:53
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html?param=media

Beth
15th November 2010, 17:54
So far disappointing, NASA is a "young black hole" itself...

LOL, too funny!

Elandiel BernElve
15th November 2010, 17:57
And so our tipping point got sucked in a black hole as well i guess:)

Fredkc
15th November 2010, 17:58
Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
Is it an ET wearing long robes, a beard come to SAVE US ??

No, it's a possible black hole, 50 million light years away we get to "watch closely" if you just ...

wait for it.....

SEND LOTS MORE FUNDING !!!

http://fredsitelive.com/fun/rofl.gif

Fred

"....and Rick will be around with sports, right after these few words."

Rocky_Shorz
15th November 2010, 17:59
just a baby black hole, nothing to write home about... lol

now if they found it at CERN, we'd have more to worry about... ;-)

Fredkc
15th November 2010, 18:05
just a baby black hole, nothing to write home about... lol

now if they found it at CERN, we'd have more to worry about... ;-)

Rocky... it's a damned site closer than that.... it is in our wallet ;)

Zillah
15th November 2010, 18:06
<sigh> same typical media food.

Swami
15th November 2010, 18:09
pppfffff, a lot of hype for nothing........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayaIocsC8X0

truthseekerdan
15th November 2010, 18:10
Thank you NASA, that was such worthy news to be waiting for...:doh:
Now back to the regular scheduled program. ;)

Steven
15th November 2010, 18:12
For the OP, it seems that it is the youngest nearby black hole: http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_10-299_CHANDRA.html

Namaste, Steven

Operator
15th November 2010, 18:14
What did I tell you ... disappointing again.

We simply expect too much ... don't wait for the things to happen ... go out and make things happen I would suggest !
We already discovered we all have a great imagination :p ... now let's do something with it. :peace:

Fredkc
15th November 2010, 18:18
"It was a dark, and stormy night...."

And NASA found a hole in it.

"We'd show you pictures but... What part of Black hole don't you understand?"

Operator
15th November 2010, 18:22
Well, we still learned a lot today ... didn't we ?

They still get us suckered again and again. So what do we do about it ?

John Parslow
15th November 2010, 18:25
Hello Fred

Rocky... it's a damned site closer than that.... it is in our wallet

You are quite a card young man - just made me laugh out loud again! Sporting a very nice beard I see ...

Best regards to you. JP

Fredkc
15th November 2010, 18:38
Hi John.
My daughter is 35 yrs old, and has only seen me once in her life, without the beard.
It was about 8 yrs ago when I shaved it off, on a whim.
She took one look at me, walked over and very quietly said,
"Dad? Grow it back. Quick!!"

Rocky_Shorz
15th November 2010, 18:43
I agree John, Fred has caused the destruction of several of my keyboards from unexpected laughter in heated threads...

I need to remember to set down the coffee, before diving into his posts...

kesom
15th November 2010, 18:45
roped in again lol

Rocky_Shorz
15th November 2010, 18:52
NASA is just as predictable as our doomsday channelling Galactic psychics... ;)

none of us should be surprised by either...

Malcolm Linus
15th November 2010, 18:54
You guys and gals missed the second announcement about planet X? I fell asleep about 1 minute in to the first announcement, but fortunately was able to wake up in time for the second.

But seriously, I ask myself why NASA uses sensational headlines like this every time. If it is to increase people's interests in their work, and by that also increase their funding, I don't think an endless array of disappointments will do that.

Or is it to make us get so frustrated that we stop following these announcements, which allows them to announce planet X with a smaller audience.

Or maybe they are so into their work that they actually think this is a great discovery for everybody.

Fredkc
15th November 2010, 19:16
Hi.. me again.

WASHINGTON -- (http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_10-299_CHANDRA.html)Astronomers using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory have found evidence of the youngest black hole known to exist in our cosmic neighborhood. The 30-year-old black hole provides a unique opportunity to watch this type of object develop from infancy.

The black hole could help scientists better understand how massive stars explode, which ones leave behind black holes or neutron stars, and the number of black holes in our galaxy and others.

The 30-year-old object is a remnant of SN 1979C, a supernova in the galaxy M100 approximately 50 million light years from Earth. Data from Chandra, NASA's Swift satellite, the European Space Agency's XMM-Newton and the German ROSAT observatory revealed a bright source of X-rays that has remained steady during observation from 1995 to 2007. This suggests the object is a black hole being fed either by material falling into it from the supernova or a binary companion.

"If our interpretation is correct, this is the nearest example where the birth of a black hole has been observed," said Daniel Patnaude of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Mass. who led the study.

The scientists think SN 1979C, first discovered by an amateur astronomer in 1979, formed when a star about 20 times more massive than the sun collapsed. Many new black holes in the distant universe previously have been detected in the form of gamma-ray bursts (GRBs).

However, SN 1979C is different because it is much closer and belongs to a class of supernovas unlikely to be associated with a GRB. Theory predicts most black holes in the universe should form when the core of a star collapses and a GRB is not produced.

"This may be the first time the common way of making a black hole has been observed," said co-author Abraham Loeb, also of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. "However, it is very difficult to detect this type of black hole birth because decades of X-ray observations are needed to make the case."

Fred's Dumb Question Of The Day:
I seem to have missed a memo from Einstein.
How can we see something 30 yrs old that is 50 Mill. L-Yrs away?
Shouldn't it now be 50,000,030 years old?

I've heard NASA can be tricky at times, but...

...and then there is the comment about "the common way of making a black hole".
Have we/the universe been doing it wrong, all this time?
We are in soooooo much trouble!
Fred

John Parslow
15th November 2010, 19:27
Hello again Fred

I’ve had the inverse problem to this – always had a moustache ever since I was old enough to grow one and once on a whim I shaved it off and my wife forbade me ever to grow it again … the whimsical nature of wives eh!

Best regards. JP

Fredkc
15th November 2010, 19:51
John;
I only know two things about women:
1. Women is tricky.
2. Men are logical, but women are even worse; they're practical!

I will now withdraw to take my lumps.
Fred

John Parslow
15th November 2010, 20:04
Hello Fred

Hahahaha ... so true. JP

shadowstalker
15th November 2010, 20:35
John;
I only know two things about women:
1. Women is tricky.
2. Men are logical, but women are even worse; they're practical!

I will now withdraw to take my lumps.
Fred

I think I will leave you to your own imagination on that...lol

shadowstalker
15th November 2010, 20:39
You guys and gals missed the second announcement about planet X?
was there a second announcement and if there was where is the link to it please.

Agape
15th November 2010, 20:54
Smart. So we shall watch a black hole and then, what's the outcome...?

Is that like ..how long does it take to be eaten by the blackhole or we have a nice view to black hole in constellation M 100 ,

and what if it's actually much further than it appears to be...?

:becky:

morguana
15th November 2010, 21:09
aw swami, they are teases arnt they? i also hoped for cool chat about big things around the sun :(
guess that one isnt ok for us child like earthlings...........

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OhaHEeWqYU0/TOBJPLVT3zI/AAAAAAAAJT0/4wJZlVDtrQE/s1600/wow.jpg

interesting isnt it?

m

truthseekerdan
15th November 2010, 21:09
was there a second announcement and if there was where is the link to it please.

The link got sucked into the black hole...:wink: :lol:

Malcolm Linus
15th November 2010, 21:20

Sorry, shadowstalker. It could have been a dream :ohwell:

Rocky_Shorz
15th November 2010, 21:26
and what if it's actually much further than it appears to be...?

:becky:

well for NASA to know this black hole has only been around for 30 years means it might be much closer than we think...

Harley
15th November 2010, 21:33
well for NASA to know this black hole has only been around for 30 years means it might be much closer than we think...

So the hidden message is one of two:

1. It just appeared and it's only 30 light years away.

2. They've been watching it for 30 years.

shadowstalker
15th November 2010, 21:39
Sorry, shadowstalker. It could have been a dream :ohwell:

Ok then. its ok.

AtlasFactor
15th November 2010, 21:40
For the OP, it seems that it is the youngest nearby black hole: http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_10-299_CHANDRA.html

Namaste, Steven

Cheers - others have since told me it's never wise to get one's hopes up for NASA's "big announcements". I'll know what to expect next time & shall try not to spread disappointment around elsewhere. Looks like if disclosure is to happen ET will have to do it himself.

Teakai
15th November 2010, 22:29
Maybe'exceptional' in science talk means something different to what it does to ordinary folk.

I'm just going to tell all on facebook it was aliens, but they've turned around and gone home now - so sorry you missed them.

yiolas
16th November 2010, 20:44
I've been around and about all day, checking in and out looking for developments regarding the CHANDRA news conference.
I kept tripping into the BLACK HOLE, (how annoying) looking for the main event. I finally realized that the BLACK HOLE was the main event.
.........erh maybe the main event was swallowed by that darn BLACK HOLE !!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/20/128796039467012824.jpg

Lucrum
17th November 2010, 07:20
Fred's Dumb Question Of The Day:
I seem to have missed a memo from Einstein.
How can we see something 30 yrs old that is 50 Mill. L-Yrs away?
Shouldn't it now be 50,000,030 years old?

I've heard NASA can be tricky at times, but...
Fred

You would be correct in assuming it would be 50,000,030 years old, but that it was first discovered in 1979 as a supernova making the visible time around 30 years in earth time. So the light took 50,000,000 years to reach us, and reached us for the first time in 1979.
At least this is how I understand this, which should be correct. :)

The difference this time around, is that we observed the black hole forming in modern space exploration instead of discovering it long after the first photons reached earth.
Still a pretty "boring" piece of news though.

jcocks
17th November 2010, 07:29
We'd probly be a bit more excited if we knew what the purpose of black holes actually was....

MariaDine
17th November 2010, 12:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1iJXOUMJpg&list=PLC2A021D1A1CBD633&index=10&playnext=3

daledo
26th November 2010, 10:38
Just watched this video. It only has 270 views so VERY few people have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurM8IDl8ys

Bill Ryan
26th November 2010, 10:56
Excellent.

As the video states in its credits, visit Joe Skipper's excellent site at http://marsanomalyresearch.com for much more where that came from.

witchy1
26th November 2010, 11:03
good video daledo thank you

ArtyCarl
26th November 2010, 11:13
Thanks for the video, some amazing shots there of what appears to be vegetation and even forests on Mars. I am not a believer in rocks that look like skulls or cities up there, I have seen a thousand seemingly amazing shapes in rocks here on earth which turn out to be nothing more than tricks of light and shadow. As for the smudged out towers I dont know what they are but as a graphic designer and retoucher I would have to say that given the resources available to Nasa would they really smudge something out in such an amateurish way. Maybe they want to leave a clue who knows.

But watching this video made me think. We have 9 (or 10) planets in our solar system and each is intriguing and mysterious in it's own way but if you consider that most stars probably have planetary systems around them it means that our galaxy alone may have hundreds of millions of planets. Then consider the fact that serious scientific estimates put the number of galaxies in the universe at somewhere between 100-500 billion....yes BILLION.

So a rock that looks like a skull on the moon or mars...a landscape feature that slightly resembles a face...these are so trivial to be not worth considering in the overall picture.

We are not alone...not by a very long shot...we think we are smart but we are probably as insignificant to others out there as if we were the lowliest microbe.

A sobering thought...thanks for sharing.

bluestflame
26th November 2010, 11:25
had a quick look at that link Bill , looking at antarctica , I get the feeling that behind the whole greenhouse scam , someone's desperately NOT wanting the polar ice to melt, inventing elaborate fear based scenarios to get the populace to support any measures to prevent that from happening

what's underneath the ice they son't want the light of day to reach ?

are there things beneath the ice that are reactive to solar rays ?

anything to do with the use of chem trails to create a barrier to the suns rays

just questions , thnking out aloud

¤=[Post Update]=¤

http://marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence-reports/2010/194/05-194-grid-context.jpg

ideas

daledo
26th November 2010, 11:55

bluestflame... your pic did not show up

http://marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence-reports/2010/194/01-194-smooth-rough.jpg

John Briggs
26th November 2010, 12:44
Thanks for sharing that. Not sure if I believe but the possibilities are definitely there for sure.

Seikou-Kishi
27th November 2010, 23:54
Excellent video, thanks for sharing.

Arpheus
28th November 2010, 03:09
To answer your question bluestflame ,not that i hold the real answers just my humble opinion.I really believe,it feels like a big hunch deep gut feeling,that there are many answers hidden for million of years beneath those ice sheets,most likely absolute physical proof of how old we all are as a race and historical proof of probably at least one real ancient civilization that could pretty change and defy everything we know about ourselves as a race and the history thats been manufactured by the controllers and lied to us for millennia ,so yeah thats what i think,but who knows?Hehehehe.

Roofie
30th November 2010, 04:15
Is this too good to be true or is it some micro-organism found on a comet?????

I think we are in for another let down but I hope not.

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.
http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-167_Astrobiology.html

Just a quick thought, Are they trying to pre-empt Wikileaks?????:confused:

truthseekerdan
30th November 2010, 04:27
Don't expect much from NASA, but yet another "young black hole" (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?7957-NASA-Announces-Televised-News-Conference-for-discovery-of-exceptional-object...&highlight=NASA) of deception. IMO

Beth
30th November 2010, 04:43
Not watching it, they've fooled me too many times before! :P

Billiam
30th November 2010, 05:00
Probably a bacteria found on a meteor or something to do with this http://www.discoveryon.info/2010/11/oxygen-atmosphere-found-on-saturns-moon.html

I_Am
30th November 2010, 05:29
Rhea:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/saturn-moon-rhea-oxygen-atmosphere-101125.html

Harley
30th November 2010, 05:32
Not watching it, they've fooled me too many times before! :P

That's why I've changed my avatar. The dumpster is FULL OF IT!

Ross
30th November 2010, 05:47
How many here are waiting for NASA to come forth with "there is life out there"? It wont happen for a loooooong time yet. However, anyone who thinks there is anything less, than an abundance of life, teaming with uncountable life forms, including countless beings, with all levels of intelligence, is fast asleep and its time to wake up:clock:

Fredkc
30th November 2010, 06:50
Someone probably sneezed on a Mars lander, and they've just caught it by reviewing tape of its assembly.

Now they need more funding for people who watch videotape of people.... looking for intelligent life.

jackovesk
1st December 2010, 00:55
NASA says it has something to share
Alien believers get very, very excited

TRUE believers are in a spin after a tantalising press release from NASA that says it has news to share about the search for alien life. The space agency this week announced a media conference to "discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life".

NASA says astrobiology is "the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe".

The conference will be held at NASA headquarters in Washington at 2pm on Thursday local time, which means early Friday morning for Australians (6am AEDT).

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/12/01/1225963/799459-et.jpg

The news has excited alien hunters and headline writers alike, with plenty of speculation over what could be revealed.

Media gossip blog Gawker ran with the headline: "Did NASA Discover Life on One of Saturn's Moons?". PC World opted for: "Are the Aliens Coming?"

However Discover hosed down some of the excitement, saying the news was unlikely to be that NASA had discovered evidence of life.

"I can’t rule that out, but it seems really unlikely," wrote astronomy reporter Phil Plait, whose experience includes a decade of working on the Hubble Space Telescope.

"I don’t think they would announce it in this way. It would’ve been under tighter wraps, for one thing."

Plait said it was far more likely that NASA had discovered a location where it was possible, but not proven, that life could exist.

"The scientists on the panel are interesting, including noted astrobiologists and geologists who work on solar system objects like Mars and Titan," he said.

"This is most likely going to be something about conditions on another moon or planet conducive for life."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/weird/nasa-puts-alien-believers-in-a-spin-with-mysterious-announcement-of-astrobiology-finding/story-e6frep26-1225963812574

astrid
1st December 2010, 06:41
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/nasa-puts-alien-believers-in-a-spin-with-mysterious-announcement-of-astrobiology-finding/story-fn5fsgyc-1225963800790

TRUE believers are in a spin after a tantalising press release from NASA that says it has news to share about the search for alien life.

The space agency this week announced a media conference to "discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life".

NASA says astrobiology is "the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe".

The conference will be held at NASA headquarters in Washington at 2pm on Thursday local time, which means early Friday morning for Australians (6am AEDT).

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-167_Astrobiology.html

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

The news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters auditorium at 300 E St. SW, in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website at http://www.nasa.gov.

Note , mods please move this to an appropriate place , thanks ( DUH!!)

Ross
1st December 2010, 07:06
oops...just did but merged with the wrong thread...so sorry , am trying to correct it.

Ross

EDIT:

Corrected merge...thanks Luke:humble:

witchy1
1st December 2010, 08:47
probably another morgellons filament lol

Orion.V
1st December 2010, 09:26
Well personally I don't think NASA will be disclosing anything, however based on recent events that have happened there appears to be this slow push to the ET agenda.
If they are going to state something or attempt to disclose anything whether it's based on some truth or deception, they are going to start small and push it slowly ...

jcocks
1st December 2010, 10:35
absolutely...

It will start with a "we have found micro-organisms that are et in origin"....and slowly build - very slowly...

Operator
1st December 2010, 14:52
The problem is that WE ourselves are expecting humanoid ET's all the time ...

Maybe the biggest concern/threat really IS bacteria from someplace else !

Luke
1st December 2010, 15:17

That might be.
When we see how ecosystems work, bacteria are first tier that convert "inert" matter into "live" one , thus forming first sphere of life, that can be expanded if possible to handle more diverse creatures with more diverse 'action possibilities'.

For human-looking ET's , they need to fit into local ecosystem somehow, if they want to live here comfortably . In many aspects form follows function, both material and "spiritual", and must be tuned in to local timespace conditions.

McMaster
1st December 2010, 15:40
I think the most interesting aspect of possible life outside of earth, even just bacteria, would be to see what type of DNA they carry. Is it like ours, or something completely different.

JoshERTW
2nd December 2010, 02:28
Space bacteria is old news, it was found a few times in a few places as I recall?

MariaDine
2nd December 2010, 02:38
«Guess who's coming to dinner? NASA has geeks gabbing.
The truth is out there.

NASA is planning to hold a news conference Thursday "to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life."

The Web is abuzz with speculation about what that cryptic phrase might mean.

"Our guess is that this astrobiological discovery will have something to do with water, evolutionary biology, and aquatic bacteria," the Geek Tech bloggers at PCWorld say.

Gaming and fantasy site Kotaku thinks it could mean life-friendly conditions - or even living organisms - have been found on Saturn's moon Rhea.

"There's only one thing this could mean: NASA has aliens. Now let's just hope they're the friendly, ET-kind of visitors, and not the warlike Klingon types," Stephen Losey wrote (tongue-in-cheek) on FederalTimes.com.

Blogger Jason Kottke analyzed the lineup of scientists slated to appear at the press conference and came up with his own conclusion:

"If I had to guess at what NASA is going to reveal on Thursday, I'd say that they've discovered arsenic on Titan and maybe even detected chemical evidence of bacteria utilizing it for photosynthesis (by following the elements). Or something like that."

Leave it to Discover.com's level-headed Phil Plait to throw a wet space blanket on the hype over the possible discover of extraterrestrial life:

"It seems really unlikely; I don't think they would announce it in this way," he writes. "It would've been under tighter wraps, for one thing. It's more likely they've found a new way life can exist and that evidence for these conditions exists on other worlds. But without more info, I won't speculate any farther than that."

Hmfph. Party pooper. »

Carmody
2nd December 2010, 02:51

OK. So I'll clean the bathroom more often. It's not that bad! Really!

Carmody
2nd December 2010, 02:58
I think the most interesting aspect of possible life outside of earth, even just bacteria, would be to see what type of DNA they carry. Is it like ours, or something completely different.

My own musing and investigations into this for about 25 years brings me, currently, to this conclusion:

My understanding is the the DNA spiral is relatively ubiquitous. This, due to energetic 'release' into this dimension we call 3-d reality. As long is it is based in this time and this dimension, the DNA spiral will be the norm. This comes off of the finding that a pyramid has a DNA spiral of energetic release off of it's tip/top area, when electrified.

This is important as a pyramid represents a very basic building block for the angular aspects of energetic addition and energetic entry into this 'space' from other dimensions. Ie, a base geometric solid, a platonic solid. When it comes to gating energy INTO this dimension, the pyramid is THE basic building block.

Thus ....DNA is very likely ubiquitous in 'this space'.

http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/IMAGES/platonic_solids1.jpg

Leon
2nd December 2010, 16:37
Excellent video, I am sceptical on the moon smudges as they would have smudged it out better, and what about any shadow?
There are many things being hidden from us, but why? control? and why do we need the control?
My views are changing on all history... what may seem like a fact is it really a distraction? like the real story of ww2? was it just a testing ground for what is to come? think a little...

Solphilos
2nd December 2010, 17:12
For anyone interested in the seemingly artificial structures on the moon, get a telescope!
I've been sitting out almost every clear night for the past 10 years and have seen them with my own eyes. Unlike many of the popular conspiracy theories we hear today, this one can easily be proven and observed with even a simple cheap telescope.

Fredkc
2nd December 2010, 17:48
this one can easily be proven and observed with even a simple cheap telescope.
Simple..... yes, often.
cheap.... more often than I care to admit.
Telescope? hmm.... perhaps I should steal my son-in-law's and start looking.

Leon, I think some of the "sloppy" NASA work has to do with a lot fo their photos being "pre-PhotoShop" and they simply lack the funding to go back and re-work their stuff.

Now, re. the moon's age and origin, here is a clip from Ingo Swann's book on the subject:

http://fredsitelive.com/images/post/post3/is_Moon_2.jpg

and....

http://fredsitelive.com/images/post/post3/is_Moon_5.jpg

Fred

Fredkc
2nd December 2010, 18:13
Oh, and there is no "dark side" to the moon, there is only a "far side".
Means that every satellite orbiting the moon gets as much photo time on the far side, as it does our side.

I believe the fact that we only see one side is determined by gravity.
Seems the moon has a concentration of 'heavy elements' on one side, and gravity keeps it facing towards us.

Zillah
2nd December 2010, 18:50
had a quick look at that link Bill , looking at antarctica , I get the feeling that behind the whole greenhouse scam , someone's desperately NOT wanting the polar ice to melt, inventing elaborate fear based scenarios to get the populace to support any measures to prevent that from happening

what's underneath the ice they son't want the light of day to reach ?

are there things beneath the ice that are reactive to solar rays ?

just questions , thnking out aloud

¤=[Post Update]=¤

ideas

Great questions Bluestflame! My guesses goes sky high these days - and there are so many things we just have to face we dont know the answer to - but its fun to speculate! What jumped out of me first was the entrances to hollow earth :) The impossible freezing climate and beyond rough/dangerous terrain prevents anyone to venture to the poles looking for this passage into the center of our earth, so perhaps if everything melts, not only will those entrances become more visible, but you wont need clearance and a team of superhero adventurers to assist you. People will stop going to florida for their holiday that's for sure (hehe).

Back to the topic of the moon, thank you for this thread! I'm a subscriber to the hoax - there is just so much supporting evidence to not raise an eyebrow. Its great to see this in conversation where Im not told I'm crazy ;)

Be blessed!

Here's a moon search result link on bibliotecapleyades for some reading. (http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=moon&fr=yscpb&vs=www.bibliotecapleyades.net)

HURRITT ENYETO
2nd December 2010, 18:57
Just watched this video. It only has 270 views so VERY few people have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurM8IDl8ys

Hi Daledo. What happened to the clip? did it vanish because i cant see it? it appears other people have so is it problem at my end?

HURRITT ENYETO
2nd December 2010, 19:28
NASA Streaming now Astrobiology announcement :http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

DawgBone
2nd December 2010, 19:44
Nasa discovers new form of life on Earth:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/02/nasa-new-life-arsenic-bacteria_n_791094.html

kinsuemei2
2nd December 2010, 19:52
This is not from space but is important, as this will help to open a few minds, so lets not bag out NASA just yet.

Banshee
2nd December 2010, 20:06
" It's life Jim, but not as we know it" ( sorry, I just HAD to go there) :)

Erin
2nd December 2010, 20:40
This is not from space but is important, as this will help to open a few minds, so lets not bag out NASA just yet.

I agree, and it's got a lot of people talking. Can't hate on that.

Moemers
2nd December 2010, 21:19
Can someone explain the significance of this?

So far all I can think is, "Yes. We've found something that exists outside the human-centric confines that we've limited ourselves to."

So what?

Ahkenaten
2nd December 2010, 21:51
What the press conference boiled down to is that there is now scientific proof, for those who require such, that "life" is flexible and adaptable enough to adapt to chemical environments previously thought to be absolutely hostile to life and that so-called 'carbon-based life forms" are not the only trick up Nature's sleeve so to speak. The one very interesting thing that occurred in the press conference was when KGO radio from San Francisco called in with a question to the young woman leading the Mono Lake Project concerning what she initially was looking for that led to the search at Mono Lake. She did not answer this question and pretended (in my view) not to understand the question............I think she dodged it purposefully. My take is - and I could obviously be wrong about this - that he was saying in effect listen SOMETHING must have motivated your team to begin looking in the inhospitable environment of Lake Mono to begin with, and assuming that was the case - what the heck was it?? In other words, why would they look in Mono Lake or anywhere else for atypical life forms? Could it be perhaps that the quest was based on information derived from samples of other life forms found elsewhere such as Mars, Comet Dust, Asteroids, or even the Moon, and that the Mono Lake quest was a back-engineering event, i.e. OK we will search for particular life forms here on earth (now that we know that such exist elsewhere) and once discovered, announce their existence as a back-door way of moving towards eventually announcing that VOILA and HOLY COW we found life on Mars, folks! Just a thought. Some might be disappointed with this press conference but actually it is quite radical and this news cuts all ways, scientifically, metaphysically, etc.

Ahkenaten
2nd December 2010, 22:29
Why is my computer connecting to Mystatus.myskype.com when I am browsing this thread?

olgraybear
3rd December 2010, 00:51

I am going to have to say,,, I am confused.

How is this revelation of arsenic life release recent or new "news" ?

What did I miss?

truthseekerdan
3rd December 2010, 00:57
I hope no one is surprised at the "news" NASA "released" today. I expected exactly what they said. So if there is arsenic on a planet somewhere we can expect microbes? How relevant -- how not surprising. I've learned not to expect anything from that bunch. Aliens no, cardboard yes! :wink:

Operator
3rd December 2010, 01:01
OK. So I'll clean the bathroom more often. It's not that bad! Really!

Here ya go ... it doesn't seem important does it ? But recently they stopped all antibiotics on livestock because it almost stopped
being effective and 'something in the foreseeable future' apparently scared the hell out of some authorities ...

Hughe
3rd December 2010, 01:27
Since I learned NASA did the awful airbrush jobs, I visit NASA few times a year just checking out nice pictures.

Agape
3rd December 2010, 02:10
You may not know how would an non terrestrial life form look like yet you suspect it looks somewhat similar to terrestrial life forms,
it clearly predicts common origins of life in universe,
common ancestors we all share and inter relatedness of life in all its forms.

You can't suppose of course, that all life is necessarilly based in amino-acids . A truely alien life form even in minute form, would be certainly fun to discover but the tiny spores that are carriers of biological information often travel through space unnoticed ..

And when are you going to meet the higher intelligencies, at NASA ?

Thanks forwards

:angel:

Agape
3rd December 2010, 02:14
I hope no one is surprised at the "news" NASA "released" today. I expected exactly what they said. So if there is arsenic on a planet somewhere we can expect microbes? How relevant -- how not surprising. I've learned not to expect anything from that bunch. Aliens no, cardboard yes! :wink:

It's a non sense trying to predict where life might be or not , planets often do not look like from distance ..

Till you can travel in space to explore the universe from near ..

The One
3rd December 2010, 09:31
NASA just announced Thursday December 2, 2010 that they found a new life form on Mono Lake in California. They were astonished at what they found out because it changed the way we understand what life is. Technically, we describe life as something with a DNA and every living thing on this earth share the same blocks of DNA. Here in Earth, all life is made up of six components: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulfur.
This new life form that NASA just discovered is a bacteria called GFAJ-1 that is made up of Arsenic elements for its building blocks. Its DNA is totally composed of something that is toxic and poisonous to what we call life is. But this discovery totally changes everything. With this, they are sold with the idea that they may be looking for life forms in a wrong way, finding traces of the other 6 components like here on earth. Next time, they are to focus on considering other elements that can build life.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen
After all this time and money spent they are now going to look at things in a different way. Surprise surprise the dimwits have been getting it wrong :doh:

Elandiel BernElve
3rd December 2010, 10:20
The One, why this new post?:P

The One
3rd December 2010, 10:22
Is this old news if so my apologies and i will get the thread removed

Elandiel BernElve
3rd December 2010, 10:49
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?8660-NASA-News-conference-re-Astrobiological-find

steve_a
3rd December 2010, 11:06
Hi Everybody,

This news from NASA is quite important.

Finally the scientists acknowledge that life forms are not determined by a fixed structure of elements, so now the "life as we know it" theory has to be thrown out of the window, because they have found a new life form here on Earth independent from this fixed structure. This in itself opens a whole spectrum of scientific possibilities, because now that the scientists have room now to move away from the 'old' way of thinking, they can now be justified in thinking that life in outer space doesn't necessarily depend solely on the elements that they previously thought they did (which has been my bone of contention for some years now) and they have proof to justify their thinking.

So what does all this mean? That the possibility of life out there has multiplied by infinity and that there is a swing to more probability than possibility for different life forms that we don't know about yet. It's great that such a small bacteria can create such a huge repercussion.

Best regards,

Steve

AtlasFactor
3rd December 2010, 11:19
Disregard.

irishspirit
6th December 2010, 16:09
NASA Engineers Develop 'Blacker Than Black' Nanotubes

Black is black, right? Not so, according to a team of NASA engineers now developing a blacker-than pitch material that will help scientists gather hard-to-obtain scientific measurements or observe currently unseen astronomical objects, like Earth-sized planets in orbit around other stars.

The nanotech-based material now being developed by a team of 10 technologists at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., is a thin coating of multi-walled carbon nanotubes — tiny hollow tubes made of pure carbon about 10,000 times thinner than a strand of human hair. Nanotubes have a multitude of potential uses, particularly in electronics and advanced materials due to their unique electrical properties and extraordinary strength. But in this application, NASA is interested in using the technology to help suppress errant light that has a funny way of ricocheting off instrument components and contaminating measurements.

http://hot-discovery.blogspot.com/2010/12/nasa-engineers-developed-blacker-than.html

Victoria Tintagel
6th December 2010, 21:51
Oh ho, why this new post? I am in defense of The One, Elandiel, I find a clear and short description of the actual Nasa announcement, in The One's post here, that's not present in this thread. Am I mistaken? December 2, 2010 isn't old news. Is it the One? But I guess I am missing a piece of the chain here :) This smiley with it's tongue out is telling us something, isn't it? What, may I ask? Dutchess Tint.

cloud9
6th December 2010, 22:05
Here is a Coast to Coast interview about the subject and Richard Hoagland's opinion about the why this is impo0rtant.

uRcI8zj-iEw

Ez6Fu6fws_4&feature=related

jGIZO_EwBYk&feature=related

irishspirit
9th December 2010, 08:35
US space agency Nasa has been left red-faced after selling off computers without ensuring that highly sensitive data had been removed.

An internal investigation found 10 cases where PCs were sold despite failing data removal procedures.

Another four PCs - which were about to be sold - were found to contain data restricted under arms control rules.

The computers were being sold off as Nasa winds down its space shuttle operations.

The last shuttle flight is scheduled for June 2011.

But the space agency's internal auditors discovered that its policies for wiping data from PCs used in the Shuttle programme have not always been followed.

They uncovered issues at four locations: the Kennedy and Johnson Space Centers, and the Ames and Langley Research Centers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11947721

astrid
9th December 2010, 08:51
hmmm... dumber and dumber?? Reminds me of the zero passwords in area 51 that allowed Gary to hack into secret files, u have to wonder.

A sign maybe of how arrogant and untouchable they think they were...

Teakai
9th December 2010, 09:02
:lol: - that is so hilarious.

Dumb arses.

Ahkenaten
9th December 2010, 09:10
Well the stupid clucks that are responsible for this breach of secure secret govt. information should surely be be placed in the stocks on the village green and subject to public ridicule immediately!

HURRITT ENYETO
9th December 2010, 11:47
Send them to the moon immediately!!

jcocks
9th December 2010, 11:53
And anybody say WIKILEAKS....? :cool:

That data so needs to be leaked - if it is interesting.....

Swami
22nd December 2010, 19:53
Featuring extraordinary NASA digital video footage of authentic space-based UFOs and strange anomalies filmed during US Space Shuttle missions. See stunning evidence of UFOs in outer space, as well as unexplained anomalies in Earth orbit. Additionally, discover the details about NASA protocols designed to obscure observation and analysis of UFOs in space. Discover the shocking facts about UFO sightings in direct view of NASA Astronauts, obtained through a private independent study centered on monitoring and videotaping STRANGE activity seen from Space Shuttle cameras during orbital flights high above the Earth, and features the research of Jeff Challender.

In Loving Memory of Jeff Challender 3/23/53 -- 10/3/07 and his contribution to UFO Research, culminating in the production of this Film.

This story, and the trail of scientific discovery that followed may provide positive proof that there is an UNKNOWN Alien presence in our skies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqN-KLOCS5k