PDA

View Full Version : Do my spiritual practices have any effect on the spiritual health of Earth?

Midnight
26th July 2012, 05:52
When I ask whether my spiritual practices have any effect on the spiritual health of Earth, I mean am I adding a drop of water to an ocean. It may seem like a tiny contribution, but without the billions upon billions of drops of water, there would be no ocean.

Four years ago I retired from a career that provided me with a great opportunity to help people. It was a wonderful experience, and I belief I helped some people. I also know that those people I helped gave a lot back to me. I think I grew as a result of my interactions with them.

But now I am retired. It's a peaceful life that I am enjoying. I am now working on myself spiritually. I no longer eat meat, and I meditate every morning for an hour before breakfast. In the last 2 or 3 minutes of my meditation, I project love and light to certain people I know, but also to people and animals that are suffering in this cruel world, and to the planet Earth that is being raped by the greedy types.

Am I foolish to believe that my spiritual activities contribute in a very small way to the spiritual health of the planet? A very pure drop of water offered to an ocean of light?

Even if I am fooling myself, I will continue working on purifying my spiritual body.

SummerSolsticeChild
26th July 2012, 06:00
This reminds me of a story I heard when I went to the YMCA when I was younger.

A young man was walking along a shore with millions of starfish scattered about. He was picking them up and throwing them back into the ocean.

An old man approached him and said "young man, you see there are millions of starfish scattered about, how can you expect to make a difference? You can't save all of them"

The young man bent down and picked up the next starfish and threw it back into the ocean and replied "It made a difference to that one".

The old man looked at the child, astonished at the truth of his statement, he then joined him.

Smiles are contagious, and I definitely believe you are making a difference to those who you help. More so that than they will begin to help others themselves, essentially what you do is multiplied exponentially. You are definitely making a difference my friend, please don't stop!

:cool: Keep it up!

kreagle
26th July 2012, 06:54
When I ask whether my spiritual practices have any effect on the spiritual health of Earth, I mean am I adding a drop of water to an ocean. It may seem like a tiny contribution, but without the billions upon billions of drops of water, there would be no ocean.

Four years ago I retired from a career that provided me with a great opportunity to help people. It was a wonderful experience, and I belief I helped some people. I also know that those people I helped gave a lot back to me. I think I grew as a result of my interactions with them.

But now I am retired. It's a peaceful life that I am enjoying. I am now working on myself spiritually. I no longer eat meat, and I meditate every morning for an hour before breakfast. In the last 2 or 3 minutes of my meditation, I project love and light to certain people I know, but also to people and animals that are suffering in this cruel world, and to the planet Earth that is being raped by the greedy types.

Am I foolish to believe that my spiritual activities contribute in a very small way to the spiritual health of the planet? A very pure drop of water offered to an ocean of light?
Even if I am fooling myself, I will continue working on purifying my spiritual body.

Midnight,

Never underestimate the "power of prayer", my friend. "Be in tune with God",.......and that "little drop" will go "further than you can ever imagine"!

James 5:16
King James Version (KJV)

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Your friend and servant,........kreagle

Billy
26th July 2012, 16:54
Yes you are making a difference Midnight. The phrase " where intention goes, energy flows" I also focus my intentions for peace on our earth through prayer and meditation also fasting, we are living in times when the consciousness of humanity is being greatly tested. But sadly the majority of humanity do not realize this, If more people do as you are doing humanity would pass this test with flying colours.

keep up the good work.

peace

S-L
26th July 2012, 18:53
According to Marshall Vian Summer's Steps to Knowledge practice, we can have a tremendous impact on earth's mental environment:

"Give yourself completely into stillness and silence. Give of your heart and give of your mind. Give all that you realize you can give, for this is a gift to the world. Though you cannot as yet see the result, have confidence that this giving will extend beyond your own mind and will touch all minds in the universe, for all minds are truly joined in reality." (http://www.newmessage.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mental_Environment)