PDA

View Full Version : Super 8

Studeo
14th August 2010, 22:08
Cloaked in mystery, all we know about this project is that it is being directed by JJ Abrams (Star Trek, Mission: Impossible III) and produced by Steven Spielberg. Whilst many initially thought it might be a sequel of sorts to the Abrams-produced Cloverfield, it appears that might in fact be a period piece, rumoured to involve some kids making a movie on Super 8 film and finding something otherwordly in the footage. Spielberg's love of the extraterrestrial will no doubt mean he'll be leaving his Close Encounters stamp on this one.

http://www.super8-movie.com/

marko
21st June 2011, 11:34
Sadly, i was very disappointed seeing it.. empty empty.. emotions in the movie were forced imho. no juice in there, in the movie..
Old ET movie was way better.. :/

any thoughts?

jimmer
21st June 2011, 16:57
while I haven't seen super 8, it appears the film's promotion was more successful than the film itself.
no buzz after the opening.

Operator
21st June 2011, 17:05
while I haven't seen super 8, it appears the film's promotion was more successful than the film itself.

It looks like the trailer contains material that I didn't see back in the film (e.g. something violently pounding the railway carriage door).
Or maybe there are special editions ...

but in total ... not that spectacular (also not in regard to revelations).

conk
21st June 2011, 17:35

It looks like the trailer contains material that I didn't see back in the film (e.g. something violently pounding the railway carriage door).

but in total ... not that spectacular (also not in regard to revelations). We saw this movie and saw the creature pounding on the railway car. I really like it. It was simple fare, but entertaining. It's just a movie with some witty, cute kids, set against a strange story. Not a perfect 'film', no, but fun entertainment. The whole military muscle stuff was off-putting, however.

Nasu
21st June 2011, 18:03

but in total ... not that spectacular (also not in regard to revelations). We saw this movie and saw the creature pounding on the railway car. I really like it. It was simple fare, but entertaining. It's just a movie with some witty, cute kids, set against a strange story. Not a perfect 'film', no, but fun entertainment. The whole military muscle stuff was off-putting, however.

I agree with conk, simple but interesting movie, along the same lines as battle for LA, drip, drip, drip… Here's a link to the film, use the free user button, watch out for two or three popup ads… N

http://www.putlocker.com/file/1554AB7A0F34FD71