PDA

View Full Version : Digital Drug Peddlers Target Teens With iDoses

Anchor
14th August 2010, 23:17
Seems like Binaural beat based audio is going to be receiving a "media take down"...

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/digital-drug-peddlers-target-teens-with-idoses-20100813-12231.html

i-Dose: Audio cocaine

The i-Dose is an audio file that is being marketed as a digital form of nearly every drug you can think of: methamphetamine, cocaine, crack. And it's all downloadable as an mp3.

OMG - Will someone please think of the children!!

tone3jaguar
15th August 2010, 00:21
Ahh, the demonization of binural beats, that fits. They generate negative dogma for anything that might result in a persons thinking coherently for themselves.

Decibellistics
15th August 2010, 07:25
I'd like to punch the journalist that came up with this story in the face, and especially the people that set up that website.....idiotic marketing ploy to sell crappy mp3 files to people for 5 bucks under the frame that it'll get you stoned out like a drug. ugh......:mad2:

There's no possible way those kids freakin' out are sober and just calmly listening to the music.....that's the effect of ol' drippy hitting the spinal cord.

Binaural beats can be an amazingly awesome therapeutic healing tool as well as an aid in travel....it's a shame to see a report like the such. I apologize for my fire lol.

Anchor
15th August 2010, 10:23
I apologize for my fire lol.

No, I hear you. I felt the same annoyance.

It isnt surprising as TJ3 said.

I've been listening to binaural meditation material for over 8 years - I think they are behind the curve.

Maybe they will hit solfeggio next :)