PDA

View Full Version : 10.000 Thanks!

RMorgan
1st August 2012, 14:11
Hey folks,

Well, today I found out that I was thanked 10.000 times here in this forum.

So, I was thinking...Wow! 10.000 thanks!

If, in real life, I received an average of one thanks a day, it would take 27 years to accumulate 10.000 thanks! Thatīs a lifetime of thanks!

An average person mouse clicks number per day is about 427, which means that, if only one person thanked me 10.000 times here, it would take 23 days!

So, Iīd like to take this moment to ask your honest opinions about my posts and my behavior here.

Iīm really working hard to improve myself as a human being, so your opinions are very welcome.

Do you have something to say about me? Are you mad with me for any reason? Did you feel offended by one of my replies? Did I help you in your journey somehow?

Any criticism and advice is welcome, really, as long as itīs 100% honest and comes from the heart!

Thank you!

Raf.

SilentFeathers
1st August 2012, 14:20
Just in the short time I've been here, I think you bring a lot of clarity and common sense to this forum, possibly helping many others to see things from more than one angle.

I most often agree or align with your way of thinking......and thank you for most of posts regardless if I 100% agree with them or not :)

I respect your thoughts and opinions, and your common sense way of thinking......I'm willing to share a portion of my peanut butter and basil that I was going to send to Gripreaper with you :)

Fred Steeves
1st August 2012, 14:23
Raf, as long as you're asking, I have a bone to pick with you. Remember that fine post I made on the morning of September 18, 2011, that I know you read, but didn't show due appreciation of with a nod from the "Thank You Button"? Well, I've never quite gotten over that one...

Mark
1st August 2012, 14:26
Hi Raf, I appreciate your constant questioning and your confidence and groundedness. It makes those of us with beliefs that are different than yours examine them and "come correct", making sure that, if proof is possible, it is provided.

In the more subjective areas, where actual personal experience is required, it is a bit difficult to come to reach a mutual understanding as you seem to require total "scientific proof" in areas where that is lacking, but that is part and parcel of these kinds of places and discussions. In conversations I've engaged you in and in others I've seen you engaged in when such an impasse is reached, it has always results in at least détente', which is much more preferable to open animus.

I've never really seen you "lose it" or get personal with people so I think you comport yourself well. That's just my opinion though. So good job and congratulations and thank you for being you.

modwiz
1st August 2012, 14:36
Hey folks,

If, in real life, I received an average of one thanks a day, it would take 27 years to accumulate 10.000 thanks! Thatīs a lifetime of thanks!

An average person mouse clicks number per day is about 427, which means that, if only one person thanked me 10.000 times here, it would take 23 days!

So, Iīd like to take this moment to ask your honest opinions about my posts and my behavior here.

Iīm really working hard to improve myself as a human being, so your opinions are very welcome.

Do you have something to say about me? Are you mad with me for any reason? Did you feel offended by one of my replies? Did I help you in your journey somehow?

Any criticism and advice is welcome, really, as long as itīs 100% honest and comes from the heart!

Thank you!

Raf.

Haven't given this much thought, huh? LOL

Congratulations.:thumb:

Strat
1st August 2012, 15:29
Frankly dude, it's cause we like you and we enjoy your input. You earned it. Simply put, whenever I've thanked you it was because you said something that I agree with. I am not generous with the thanks button, I only use it when someone posts and I have a positive response (for lack of a better term).

So for me, it wasn't like I was just being nice. It was YOU earning it. Think of it as if you're a musician and we enjoy your music. Keep it coming buddy.

ulli
1st August 2012, 15:31
I needed this thread. Thank you.
I started a thread that became busier than I ever anticipated in my wildest dreams
and I ended up taking the Thanks button for granted.
It also meant that I became so busy that I didn't visit as many threads as I used to
before starting the Here & Now thread, and so ended with twice as many thanks to my name than I gave back,
when in reality my gratitude for what I have learnt from others outweighs the thanks I have received.
Food for thought in all of this.

conk
1st August 2012, 16:08
You suck. Don't post here anymore. No thanks! ...........................;)

Seriously, you are an asset to this community. Thanks!!!

Cidersomerset
1st August 2012, 16:19
Congratulations Raf...... I sence a 'cunning plan' to set you off on your next 10, 000 ..LOL...

Keep up the enthusiasm and good posts...Cheers Steve

Baldricks Cunning Plan.avi

ACnqI1l4I9s

modwiz
1st August 2012, 16:40
I started a thread that became busier than I ever anticipated in my wildest dreams
It also meant that I became so busy that I didn't visit as many threads as I used to
before starting the Here & Now thread, and so ended with twice as many thanks to my name than I gave back,
when in reality my gratitude for what I have learnt from others outweighs the thanks I have received.

My accrual of thanks has plummeted since not frequenting your thread. Anybody who wants to get that number up is directed to the Here and Now thread and stand back to be amazed. The Here and Now thread is a distillation of some of the kindest and sweetest people here at Avalon.

LOL It's why I couldn't hang there anymore :p

ulli
1st August 2012, 16:50

My accrual of thanks has plummeted since not frequenting your thread. Anybody who wants to get that number up is directed to the Here and Now thread and stand back to be amazed. The Here and Now thread is a distillation of some of the kindest and sweetest people here at Avalon.

LOL It's why I couldn't hang there anymore :p

What really bothered you was that those sweet and kind people had soon figured you to be one of them,
so no matter how gruff you became they saw right through your disguise and thanked you.
Poor Modwiz....LOL

P.S. the last line of your post reminded me of Gurdjieff's statement about the English:
"The English are the most intelligent people on the planet, which goes to show how low this planet still is."

Kristin
1st August 2012, 16:53
Raf,
I have a question for you... does having six fingers help you play the piano better? LOL! ("Gattica" ref.)
From the Heart,
Kristin

The One
1st August 2012, 17:20

Hey my friend for me you are one of the most honest and natural thinkers on the forum.You always give a valid explanation on a variety of topics

For that bro

Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks Thanks thanks

See ya at 20.000

Daughter of Time
1st August 2012, 17:27
Congratulations RMorgan!

Now you have MORE than 10,000 thanks!

Thanks do come from the heart so a lot of love has been sent your way.

Swan
1st August 2012, 17:30
I havenīt been a member for long, but I was reading posts here regulary for several months before becoming a member.

I too have always found your posts to be respectful, even if you were being critized.

My feeling is you have integrity.

Nickolai
1st August 2012, 18:33
Dear Raf,

What a timely thread.
I enjoy reading your posts as well. I am always amused with clarity and soberness of your vision on different topics, also with the way you communicate - respectful and friendly, even in difficult situation.
And I agree with Swan on that you are indeed in integrity.

Thank you, Raf!

Nickolai

PS I just noticed that I said the same as Swan did. But that come from the heart..))

RMorgan
1st August 2012, 19:22
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your replies! :)

You know, Iīve been learning a lot from you.

I must admit; Itīs not easy to keep myself polite and respectful all the time but I guess you all know that.

Respect is essential. Itīs a daily and perpetual exercise. This forum is a great place to practice it.

Thereīs so many people here, with different backgrounds, different cultures and different points of view, but we always find a way to get along peacefully. We learn to accept and respect each other Independently from our differences.

I must be honest; Sometimes I donīt necessarily agree with what I post. This forum has gone through many crazy moments and I īve written some things I donīt necessarily fully agree to help bringing some balance; Rarely, but other times I simply played the "Devilīs Advocate" role.

However, everything I write here comes from the heart, for the sake of sharing knowledge.

The funny thing is that all my closest friends think that Iīm as crazy as one can be, but here Iīm considered to be sober and rational!

Whatīs wrong with being crazy and rational at the same time, anyway? ;)

You know, Iīve been thinking a lot about Avalon lately.

This place isnīt only about deciphering conspiracies, isnīt only about finding the truth. Itīs about finding who we are, I mean, who we really are!

Everything we learn here, respecting and accepting each other, getting along peacefully independently from the differences, learning to see things beyond our beliefs, learning to agree to disagree...Everything we learn here can and must be used in real life, to improve ourselves , our families, friends, neighborhoods, communities and, finally, to improve society.

Avalon is in better shape than ever! Weīre not as gullible and naive as we used to be; We learned to read between the lines and see through the dense smoke of lies.

If we can make this place work, we can make the world work as well. We just need to put everything we learn here to practice.

Thanks again,

Raf.

NancyV
1st August 2012, 19:27
Yes, I have a bone to pick with you, Raf. It's about my finger...well, actually TWO of my fingers. The first finger is the one that has clicked THANKS at least 1,000 times on your posts...so could you please be a bit more of a jerk more often. I might develop carpal tunnel syndrome all because of you!

The second finger is the one I occasionally use if I don't agree with or like a post of yours. I'll leave it to the imagination as to what I do with that finger! But most real pain in THAT finger usually comes from a Modwiz post. :no::haha:

So really you've only had 9,000 thanks from other members here and 1,000 from me. :p

Nickolai
1st August 2012, 19:39
Raf,

Great signature by the way..))

Nickolai

Fred Steeves
1st August 2012, 19:40
This place isnīt only about deciphering conspiracies, isnīt only about finding the truth. Itīs about finding who we are, I mean, who we really are!

Everything we learn here, respecting and accepting each other, getting along peacefully independently from the differences, learning to see things beyond our beliefs, learning to agree to disagree...Everything we learn here can and must be used in real life, to improve ourselves , our families, friends, neighborhoods, communities and, finally, to improve society.

A big Amen to that one brother!

meat suit
1st August 2012, 19:43
Raf, you are an essential pilar holding up the roof here..
10000 thanks are reflecting that.

cheers

meat

RunningDeer
1st August 2012, 20:12
I've been thanking you because I felt bad that you had six fingers....

I like that you are lighthearted and sincere in assisting anyone interested in knowledge and awareness of the greater picture. It comes through in your posts. You write with clarity and flow which makes for a smooth read.

Thanks for your time and energy, Raf.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii610/WhiteCrowBlackDeer/Photoshop/six.jpg

kersley
1st August 2012, 20:18
Raf..
You made me question many things, and presented good valuable points for me to ponder on, I like that.. and I like the hello mate thing too.

Falcor
1st August 2012, 20:25
im not as involved as a lot of members here, but i have to say i have enjoyed all of your posts that i have read. so here's my thanks via text, not via click :cool:

SKAWF
1st August 2012, 22:03
'Iīd like to take this moment to ask your honest opinions about my posts and my behavior here.'

nice one!

RUSirius
2nd August 2012, 02:00
Hi Raf, you've been grounded sanity on this forum, however you're seemingly always open minded to anything potentially happeing, you've assisted me greatly in discerning truth and BS brother.
Jeff

Marsila
2nd August 2012, 13:19
Raf. what a great chance to tell you THANK YOU and not just click a button. I cannot think of a single post of yours that didn't 'add' to the bigger picture of the puzzle, and give more clues to it.
how you manage to do all that while remaining so polite is another hint as to why people have felt the need to thank you more than 10,000 times in just over a year.
So again Obrigado RMorgan!!!

markpierre
2nd August 2012, 13:23
Hey folks,

Thank you!

Raf.

That's it. You're cut off. You get drunk on it.

Ask Fred whatever program he did when he passed 10,000. It's working for him.
Or maybe you're just giddy.

My comment /advice to you is that you must be doing everything right. I certainly enjoy you. Keep trusting yourself.

Happy 10,000