PDA

View Full Version : Where Your Fluoride Comes From

Dale
15th August 2010, 22:11
Here's an interesting article I came across earlier today:

http://www.NaturalNews.com/029477_fluoride_China.html

Much of the fluoride added to municipal water supplies across the United States is imported from China, and is contaminated with heavy metals, according to a warning by Bernard Miltenberger, president of the Pure Water Committee of Western Maryland.

In a letter published in the Cumberland Times-News, Miltenberger notes that he first became aware of the issue in an engineering report for the city of Boulder, Colo. The report noted that the fluoridation chemicals used for the city's water had been evaluated, and were found to contain lead levels of 40 milligrams per bag and arsenic levels of 50 milligrams per bag. The bags were being imported from China under no regulatory monitoring of acid or salt content.

Miltenberger then visited the Frostburg Water Filtration Plant in Maryland and noticed that the fluoride bags were not labeled with any importation information. He contacted the plant's chemical supplier, Univar USA, and was then referred to Sovay fluorides. Sovay informed him that the fluoride had been manufactured by Shanghai Minthchem Development in China.

"This type of trade from a country with a track record of lead paint on toys to antifreeze in cough syrup medicine is completely unacceptable," Miltenberger writes.

Heavy metal contamination is only the latest concern to emerge over the practice of water fluoridation, which has been controversial since its inception. Fluoride is a well-known toxic chemical, as Miltenberger notes:

"The material safety data sheets from Solvay fluorides show that a teaspoon amount of five grams of sodium fluoride can be fatal to an average size man of 70kg. ... chronic toxicity by oral route may cause skeletal and dental fluorosis, thyroid, testes, kidney, liver, ambiguous carcinogenic and mutagenic effects, fetotoxic and fertility effects."

Miltenberger also notes that fluoride toothpaste contains a warning that anyone who consumes more than a pea-size amount should contact a poison control center at once. This amount of toothpaste contains as much fluoride as just eight ounces of fluoridated water. A prescription-strength fluoride supplement marketed by Colgate warns that children under the age of six should not consume doses regularly added to municipal water.

Now, I am quite against the fluoridation of water. I'm sure that most of us on this forum are aware of the risks of fluoride, and it's questionable introduction into the water supply.

I just thought this article was interesting, as fluoride is constantly described as being a savior for our health, even though it is only alleged to strengthen the enamel around our teeth.

John Parslow
16th August 2010, 11:40
Hello The_Cipher_Replied

Thank you very much for this interesting article on Flouride, I think we all know how bad this stuff is but how many of us knew what a high level we all take in daily. I for one will stop using toothpaste and go back to using powder.

Love and peace to you. JP :cool:

Snowbird
16th August 2010, 11:59
Have to run, but this article tells us the origin of fluoride which is pretty darned scary.

How Dangerous Is Fluoride To Your Health?

http://preventdisease.com/home/tips79.shtml

tron
16th August 2010, 13:00
my advice
is to
always
check the lables of ALL that goes into your body.
if "water" is in the ingredient list...
check where the product is made then confirm that water in that city is not fluoridated.

it always helps to check everything.....there is even fluoridated water in some frozen juice concentrates.
:spy: