PDA

View Full Version : 'Deadliest Catch' Capt. -- Memorialized in Crop Circles

Bomack
16th August 2010, 19:44
Thought some might enjoy this.

'Deadliest Catch' Capt. -- Memorialized in Crop Circles
8/15/2010 12:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Former "Deadliest Catch" star Capt. Phil Harris -- who died in February -- has officially been honored with the corniest memorial ever ... a giant maze constructed in his likeness ... on a corn field.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/08/13/0813-capt-harris.jpg

According to sources at Rutledge Corn Maze -- a company that builds a different corn maze on their property every year as an amusement attraction -- "The Captain Phil Harris Memorial Maze" was made to honor the late fisherman for his contributions to the local community.

The name of Phil's crab fishing vessel -- the Cornelia Marie -- is also immortalized in the Tumwater, Washington corn field.

According to the Rutledge website, the grand opening for the maze is scheduled for September 11 ... and Phil's two sons -- also on the Discovery Channel show -- are expected to be there.

From: http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/13/deadliest-catch-captain-phil-harris-corn-maze-crop-circles-memorial/

DoctorWho
17th August 2010, 01:41
That's a deceptive title. This is a corn maze, not a crop circle of any sort. Not harping about you, just the article writer's incorrect choice.
Bill "the Doctor"

Bomack
17th August 2010, 01:55
That's a deceptive title. This is a corn maze, not a crop circle of any sort. Not harping about you, just the article writer's incorrect choice.
Bill "the Doctor"

Actually Doc, that was my point in posting this. Sensationalism. What the Mainstream won't do for attention and ratings. It's totally laughable!

Have a great day!

Bob

Richard
17th August 2010, 02:01
Thanks for this Bomack

DrWho, the article was written up by TMZ, nuff said on that eh... ;)

As for the memorial, I rather enjoy the show he was featured on, Deadliest Catch. I am a seafarer at heart if not physically and enjoyed a glimpse into this Captains life. The life of a king crab fisherman is somewhat over the top.

Rest in Peace Skipper and long may your big jib draw!

Bomack
17th August 2010, 02:24
As for the memorial, I rather enjoy the show he was featured on, Deadliest Catch. I am a seafarer at heart if not physically and enjoyed a glimpse into this Captains life. The life of a king crab fisherman is somewhat over the top.

Rest in Peace Skipper and long may your big jib draw!

Oh absolutely Richard!

I was watching some of the earliest episodes recently and just marveling at how all of them began opening up to the cameras and audience. They made us their family, and we theirs. I have met and partied (just a little of course! ;)) with some of them and they are exactly like you see on TV. Unfortunately I never got to meet Phil though.

Thanks much for your input Richard!

Bob