PDA

View Full Version : Why no ET's / UFO's in Fringe??

Spellbound
14th August 2012, 00:07
I've been a fan of Fringe since day 1. Love this show and all the sides of paranormal activity that it offers up. However, I've often wondered why they have never brought up the subject of UFO's or ET's. Seems to me there would be more than enough room for them here.

Dave - Toronto

johnf
14th August 2012, 00:16
The observers are pretty close to the alien idea, however they are closer to the extradimensional thing.

seko
14th August 2012, 00:22
The observers aren't our version of the future???

Great characters, Dr Bishop is the center of the program, imho.

Carmody
14th August 2012, 00:50
I've been a fan of Fringe since day 1. Love this show and all the sides of paranormal activity that it offers up. However, I've often wondered why they have never brought up the subject of UFO's or ET's. Seems to me there would be more than enough room for them here.

Dave - Toronto

It's a 'Faux TV' production. That may be why - Cuz Rupert don't like it, possibly.

Spellbound
14th August 2012, 00:51
I haven't quite figured out the Observers yet. At one point I figured they were in the same vein as the Watchers (Nephelim - sp).....but then I figured there's no way that would make it into prime time television. Still though...I really wish they'd being ET's/UFO's into the mix...somewhere...somehow (yet not even a mentioning from what I've seen).

Carmody
14th August 2012, 00:54

The guy who plays Walter, is frikin' amazing, IMO. Awesome bit of work. Seeing him for the first time, was like when seeing the Matrix for the first time..and meeting Hugo Weaving as Mr. Smith - Who just dominated the screen with his incredible work. Same with John, as Walter on Fringe.

Both where long time stage actors, before they got onto the screen and onto our televisions. Good stage actors are like that. Like Old warriors who can make anything work. Like an old blues player who can lay down the most amazing licks, all while looking like they aren't even moving or working.

Spellbound
14th August 2012, 00:55

I read recently that production has been halted on season 5 due to John Noble (Walter) having a sleeping disorder.

TigaHawk
14th August 2012, 01:09
Walter is the best!

The observers are suposidly us from the future. seemingly devoid of all emotions, yet can move faster than a bullet. One was also "locked" into place by a symbol on the floor, why would an advanced human be locked by something like a symbol?

Perhaps the reason for no UFO's is they dont need them? They seem perfectly capable of traveling thru time, and location by themselves, and dont need a ship to do it for them?

seko
14th August 2012, 01:20

The guy who plays Walter, is frikin' amazing, IMO. Awesome bit of work. Seeing him for the fist time, was like when seeing the Matrix for the first time..and meeting Hugo Weaving as Mr. Smith - Who just dominated the screen with his incredible work. Same with John, as Walter on Fringe.

Both where long time stage actors, before they got onto the screen and onto our televisions. Good stage actors are like that. Like Old warriors who can make anything work. Like an old blues player who can lay down the most amazing licks, all while looking like they aren't even moving or working.

It's great entertainment. Recommended!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I read recently that production has been halted on season 5 due to John Noble (Walter) having a sleeping disorder.

Best wishes to Mr Noble, great actor like Carmody said.

shadowstalker
14th August 2012, 02:05
I got all four seasons on dvd
they say after season 5 the show will end ....Bumber...

Sierra
14th August 2012, 02:14
I got all four seasons on dvd
they say after season 5 the show will end ....Bumber...

Yeah, only one more season, boo hoo.

Spellbound
14th August 2012, 02:15
Yup....season 5 will consist of 13 episodes thus completing the series at 100 episodes in total.

Carmody
14th August 2012, 02:30
I had forgotten that John was in Return of The King. His character was so hateable, so unlikeable, so detestable...that I had completely forgotten. Which is the mark of some incredibly good acting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Denethor.JPG

Like Joaquin Phoenix in 'Gladiator.' So good at being a totally scummy Commodus, that I have a hard time seeing him in anything else, at all.

DNA
14th August 2012, 06:57

Dave - Toronto

I love the show. The folks who write and produce Fringe are the same folks who did "LOST", and they did a good job on that as well.

My personal take has always been that this show needed an angle that differentiated it from the "XFILES", that's why they never did the alien thing.

Cidersomerset
14th August 2012, 15:17

I 'm also a Sci/fi fan and just finished watching 'Doom' 2005 a few mins ago with Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Bones from the new Star Trek film......

Also watched Paul yesterday for fourth time gets better each time loads of sci/fy in jokes .LOL

Like the Chicken and the egg which came first scenario, I wonder who drives who Science Fiction or science fact ??

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30842-Fringe...Sci-Fi-Disclosure&p=313197#post313197

Walter is the best!

The observers are suposidly us from the future. seemingly devoid of all emotions, yet can move faster than a bullet. One was also "locked" into place by a symbol on the floor, why would an advanced human be locked by something like a symbol?

Perhaps the reason for no UFO's is they dont need them? They seem perfectly capable of traveling thru time, and location by themselves, and dont need a ship to do it for them?

Thats correct there was lot about it in Seeries 4......

Fringe - Just The Facts: The Observers

ibv4aPVKSBw

Secrets Of Fringe: The Observers

vTkZ9LtsgTw

As the writers say the Observers are evolving with the series and
they were hopefull the show was going to have a long run!!

The next seeries is due 28th sept 2012..

FRINGE - Season 5 Comic-Con Trailer

aTiAL19rej4

Some of this is from the final two episodes of seeries 4..

It looks like they have had to finnish the seeries abrubtly
so like many seeries before they are being cut off in their
prime so to speak !!.... With a Crash ! Bang! Wollop!
To quote the original Batman seeries.....Shame !!

Forevernyt
14th August 2012, 15:31
Only 13 episodes in Season 5?? That stinks. Although British television can get away with that, and brilliantly, I might add, I want my full season of Fringe!!

Walter is DA MAN!

Cidersomerset
14th August 2012, 16:09
I've often wondered why they have never brought up the subject of UFO's or ET's. Seems to me there would be more than enough room for them here.

i presume its concentrating on parallel world portaling, it reminded me of a the old sliders show .....

But they travelled from parrallel earth to Parrallel earth hoping to eventually find their way home
via time lapse portals, Fringe is more static but I think they have created maybe six alternate earths
I can't remember off hand ...

NjB2m5IePrA

Q6T5rIoXN0Q

Seeries five is going to be set in 'Evil Observers ruled world' !!

Sierra
14th August 2012, 16:18
I had forgotten that John was in Return of The King. His character was so hateable, so unlikeable, so detestable...that I had completely forgotten. Which is the mark of some incredibly good acting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Denethor.JPG

Like Joaquin Phoenix in 'Gladiator.' So good at being a totally scummy Commodus, that I have a hard time seeing him in anything else, at all.

Oh man! I love John as Walter Bishop, but as Denethor? John is the one actor in Jackson's trilogy who I felt did not fit the character. A man who supposedly slept in his armor his whole life so as to remain warrior strong?

I would have preferred Jeremy Irons as Denethor... :)

Cidersomerset
14th August 2012, 16:24
Comic-Con 2012: Fringe Panel

ZTwxlZ2oYW4

They explain a fair amount about what the current situation is
on this panel at comic con ,,,,,

The girls get a bit emotional when describing some of their favourite
scenes ,a few tears !!

Then they start talking about the most gross scenes really good for
a panel interview, and show another Tlr and do some Fan Q & A...

That was really good, I enjoyed it and a bit sad as well !!

mountain_jim
14th August 2012, 16:38
I have to be careful about what I read and watch in this thread as I only started watching the show on DVD (Netflix) with the hype for season 4. So I am only through season 3, with Netflix releasing season 4 discs on 9/4.

I will be recording season 5 as it is broadcast, but I prefer watching on DVDs with no commercials and no infernal logos or other distracting ads placed over the creative show content, as live broadcast TV fouls their product and wonders why less and less people watch every year.

I love the show, love Noble's acting, love his character's appreciation of LSD/hallucinagins (the twinkle in his eyes and positive POV I can relate to as someone with significant shamanic experiences yet also some insignificant recreational ones -mostly at Grateful Dead concerts, as well.) :)

Cidersomerset
14th August 2012, 16:50
I have to be careful about what I read and watch in this thread as I only started watching the show on DVD (Netflix) with the hype for season 4. So I am only through season 3, with Netflix releasing season 4 discs on 9/4.

Don't watch the vids I put up ...LOL...

Carmody
14th August 2012, 17:04

I will be recording season 5 as it is broadcast, but I prefer watching on DVDs with no commercials and no infernal logos or other distracting ads placed over the creative show content, as live broadcast TV fouls their product and wonders why less and less people watch every year.

I love the show, love Noble's acting, love his character's appreciation of LSD/hallucinogens (the twinkle in his eyes and positive POV I can relate to as someone with significant shamanic experiences yet also some insignificant recreational ones -mostly at Grateful Dead concerts, as well.) :)

Yes, I am awaiting the release of season 4 on blu-ray. I've worked to make sure I have no idea what is going on, and that I've seen no spoilers,and read no spoilers. It will be released in early sept., IIRC.

Andrew
14th August 2012, 17:35
Walter did mention once that he thought our genetics may have been altered by Aliens.

One of my favorite parts is when Walter says "Dont you realise GOD is mind!!" with his pants down lol

Cidersomerset
14th August 2012, 17:43
Yes, I am awaiting the release of season 4 on blu-ray. I've worked to make sure I have no idea what is going on, and that I've seen no spoilers,and read no spoilers. It will be released in early sept., IIRC.

Whoops !!.....I can't wait for 28th sept 2012....

mountain_jim
14th August 2012, 17:52

Don't watch the vids I put up ...LOL...

I did not. :)

Spellbound
15th August 2012, 01:10
Comic-Con 2012: Fringe Panel

ZTwxlZ2oYW4

They explain a fair amount about what the current situation is
on this panel at comic con ,,,,,

The girls get a bit emotional when describing some of their favourite
scenes ,a few tears !!

Then they start talking about the most gross scenes really good for
a panel interview, and show another Tlr and do some Fan Q & A...

That was really good, I enjoyed it and a bit sad as well !!

Thankyou SOOO much for posting these Comic Con videos. VERY cool stuff!!

Dave - Toronto

CdnSirian
15th August 2012, 01:33
"The guy who plays Walter, is frikin' amazing, IMO". I agree Carmody. Also, Walter Bishop is one of the most amazing characters ever written!

wynderer
15th August 2012, 01:40
it is interesting to me that a thread re a tv show was started by someone named Spellbound -- tv sure casts a spell, & then all those subliminals can have their merry way w/you

Spellbound
15th August 2012, 02:04
it is interesting to me that a thread re a tv show was started by someone named Spellbound -- tv sure casts a spell, & then all those subliminals can have their merry way w/you

Actually, I chose Spellbound as a handle because it's a favorite AC/DC song from 1981's For Those About To Rock...(and it sounds kinda spooky-like).

Dave - Toronto

Carmody
15th August 2012, 02:16

Actually, I chose Spellbound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6oqTDHY8Ek) as a handle because it's a favorite AC/DC song from 1981's For Those About To Rock...(and it sounds kinda spooky-like).

Dave - Toronto

It's a good thing that I didn't call myself 'Night Prowler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWo-2QMD0k)', then. :p

Spellbound
15th August 2012, 02:20

Actually, I chose Spellbound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6oqTDHY8Ek) as a handle because it's a favorite AC/DC song from 1981's For Those About To Rock...(and it sounds kinda spooky-like).

Dave - Toronto

It's a good thing that I didn't call myself 'Night Prowler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWo-2QMD0k)', then. :p

Gotta love the Bon stuff!! Old school!! Respect!!!

Dave - Toronto

Spellbound
15th August 2012, 03:53
Anyone know what the deal is with the spooky puffs of smoke that close out scenes before commercials?? Has this ever been explained??

Dave - Toronto

huyi82
15th August 2012, 15:48
i tried so hard to like fringe but it's just too slow, i watched halfway through season 1 and got bored, fringe can't even compare to x files, i have every x files episode on dvd, also i didn't like lost so maybe that is why i can't get into fringe, i find lost boring.

mountain_jim
15th August 2012, 17:03
i tried so hard to like fringe but it's just too slow, i watched halfway through season 1 and got bored, fringe can't even compare to x files, i have every x files episode on dvd, also i didn't like lost so maybe that is why i can't get into fringe, i find lost boring.

I also almost gave up where you did - but I was glad I made it through - the show totally changed focus and direction soon after that, and got way, way better, in my opinion.

(and I never watched a minute of Lost, so can't relate it to that.)

taurad
15th August 2012, 23:52

Dave - Toronto

Hi Dave

your question is interesting...after the first season, into the second i was wondering about that a lot...

then, the more i watched the stronger the feeling these guys used the Dan Burisch theory

http://projectcamelot.org/dan_burisch.html

Dan Burisch talks *almost* exclusively about future humans, coming back and not wanting to interfere, but somehow do tinker with it...no ET/aliens for him

he introduced the LOOKING GLASS theory (WALTER invents The Looking Window in the story, doesn't he)...

he also speaks about the machine (the three stone portal) that was dismantled and separated in three parts, UN, NATO and EU to avoid the timeline jump...the machine in FRINGE was build and dismantled and buried by Walter, which also is a timeline jumper!!! so many elements from Dan Burisch!!!

as per John Noble (Walter), he is AWESOME!!!!

they could not have possibly casted a better actor for the character. Period.

the show is not perfect, but i am very very picky...there's a lot of overacting, but what bugs me the most is the way they handled the timelines...

they messed them up, a lot of things didn't add up...

entertaining, somewhat educative, the effects are awesome, but they didn't tighten the script correctly...

maybe in the alternate universe, they did...

where can i download the "ALTERNATE" Fringe? :rolleyes:

cheers

Spellbound
15th August 2012, 23:56
The first 2 or 3 seasons of Lost were very good but after that it went downhill (imo). It got to a point where they (the writers) were making up as they went...with no real game plan in place. I didn't like the finale at all (I thought it was kinda dumb). X-Files was pretty good (though I much prefer David Duchovney in Californication....Hank Moody for God!!!). Still though, I think Fringe outshines X-Files.

Dave - Toronto