PDA

View Full Version : A negative experience during meditation

Wood
25th March 2010, 16:03
Hi,

Lately I have been sharing with people I know my own experiences with meditation and my views on the current earth situation and how it is changing. These people tend to be skeptical but they use to consider my views.

One of these persons decided to give a try to meditation. I guess she was bored :)
She told me she was lying in bed concentrating on her breath and trying to keep out any thoughts. After a while she saw a bright white light on a side (not centered). She opened her eyes to check it was not in the room, that was dark, and kept on with the meditation process. Then she turned her head towards the light and at that point she felt a very real presence and she was 'sucked' away and she lost her conscience. When she recovered it she was in a tunnel and was being pulled back, then she opened her eyes. She told me she was unconscious for around 20 minutes. Next morning she phoned me terrified because of this experience. She was terrified to sleep again. She described she felt a bad presence, very real, and mentioned it was like opening the door to a dark room and being suddenly pulled in against her will.

I have read little about all this, but I told her (EDIT: I told her this after her experience) she should do meditation with a positive mindset, visualizing her aura and feeling how it extends and connects her to all living people and to the nature, and feeling good and protected about it. I also told her she was powerful to resist any attack. That she even could ask for protection to her 'guardian spirits'. Just bits of what I've read and what I do myself. I have had a couple negative experiences but not that bad because I was able to resist them and keep control.

I also told her what I know about chakras and to try to activate them in order during meditation.

I think we all should know more about this since it appears we all are going to have this kind of experiences during this whole awakening process.

Any thoughts about this?

THE eXchanger
25th March 2010, 16:18
did she make sure; before she started
to ask that only those things
in 100% alignment with her missions; her purposes, and, her tasks
be allowed ???

Wood
25th March 2010, 16:38
Most certainly not, since I do not it myself. I'll tell her about and I'll do it from now on. Thank you.

I was surprised this could happen to her in her first attempt. I am just exploring myself all this. I come from a scientific and skeptical past. I am afraid these experiences becoming common as people without any background do meditation since nowadays it is becoming easy to read or hear a bit about. Might it be like a 'passage rite' for each of us?

Today I was reading someone arguing we are not free since we do not have the information to make good decisions. It was related to politics but I am thinking it could very well describe our current situations as humans. At least most of us.

stardustaquarion
25th March 2010, 16:50
It sounds like an abduction. Best bet, always protect yourself before meditating. I personally use the Maharic Seal it is very safe and very effective but others use light. Light can be dead light too so it is important to focus on living light

Love

Wood
25th March 2010, 17:18
I personally use the Maharic Seal it is very safe and very effective but others use light.
I've just checked about that here: http://www.azuritepress.co.za/maharic.htm
I'll give it a try, thank you :)

THE eXchanger
25th March 2010, 17:23
a good way to say it is this:

"i allow only those things,
in 100% alignment, with my missions, my purposes, and, my tasks,
please restrict, all beings, that are NOT in this same alignment,
allow, my guides/and, my teachers - who are in 100% alignment,
with my missions, my purposes, and, my tasks,
and, then, simply, say~ i allow the eXchanges to begin...
and, then, simply say~
Will it, to be, so, it will be, and, so, iT iS"...
Susan / The eXchanger

NancyV
25th March 2010, 19:35
I have found rather negative out of body trips to be highly valuable. After I started leaving my body on a regular basis I had extremely scary experiences about 1 out of 3 times. This only went on for about a month ( and I traveled out of body about 5-6 nights a week) until I had an experience where I knew I was dying as I was being dragged into a terrible burning evil place by a horrific demonic being. At THAT point I let go of all fear and surrendered to death in peace. Up to that point I had always "fought" and "won" the energy battle, or so I thought. :)

Immediately I felt the power of Love and knew that all I had to do was surrender to Love and Trust. The negative being disappeared or became part of me. (probably just another aspect of me) I was filled completely with love and light and power. In my hundreds of out of body travels for many years after that time no other negativity was able to affect me because I had learned what the true power was. We can "think" we understand that Love is the greatest power, but until you have to totally give up fear in the face of death, it's not quite as real as it is in those circumstances.

Undoubtedly some people can automatically tap into that power, but obviously I had to learn it through rather intense lessons, which has been a consistent pattern in my life. Dealing with conscious beings in other dimensions can be very frightening until and unless you tap into the most simple and powerful way of being, and then it truly is simple, safe and blissful.

Nancy

Solphilos
25th March 2010, 19:43
I had many such experiences in the beginning of my meditations. When we leave the body, we are free to go to many different places and states of consciousness. All is not light and love and beauty in those other realms, polarity and duality are not restricted to the world of 3 dimensional reality.

BrianEn
25th March 2010, 23:16
a good way to say it is this:

"i allow only those things,
in 100% alignment, with my missions, my purposes, and, my tasks,
please restrict, all beings, that are NOT in this same alignment,
allow, my guides/and, my teachers - who are in 100% alignment,
with my missions, my purposes, and, my tasks,
and, then, simply, say~ i allow the eXchanges to begin...
and, then, simply say~
Will it, to be, so, it will be, and, so, iT iS"...
Susan / The eXchanger

I wrote this one down.

Etherios
12th May 2010, 13:49
Sorry to dig up this old thread but will someone point me to a proper site to guide me through meditation ... for starters. I have been trying to meditate a month now maybe more and i don't know if i am doing anything correctly.

Thank you in advanced.

kriya
12th May 2010, 16:53
Sorry to dig up this old thread but will someone point me to a proper site to guide me through meditation ... for starters. I have been trying to meditate a month now maybe more and i don't know if i am doing anything correctly.

Thank you in advanced.

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/

Love,

Kriya

Lost Soul
19th May 2010, 14:53
While meditating last night, I felt as if I was wearing a cuirass (old fashion metal breast plate worn by cavalrymen) or bullet proof vest. It changed my breathing. I didn't panic and remembered to send love to whatever it was and it lightened. What was that about?

cosmicharmony
19th May 2010, 21:49
The Chakras are important when considering meditation. Were all different in that our lifes effect our overall wellbeing and this can develop minor-major blocks within a certain chakra. Any blockage will obviously dampen the desired harmonious effects intended.

Overall, always ask for protection and guidance from your "god" or spirit teacher prior to undertaking such things. Light a coloured candle too. Experiment with different coloured candles and record any findings.

When i complete my meditations i make sure i cleanse my body, spirit and aura with a golden light. I even meditate in the shower on some occasions. I sit and let the warm water heal my body, breath and forget my daily life and just be - me!

Blessings to all.