PDA

View Full Version : Daniel: declared innocent two years ago, still in prison. Help requested.

shadowstalker
17th August 2012, 20:32
http://www.change.org/petitions/release-daniel-larsen-ruled-innocent?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9605&alert_id=yilDLHVfTF_WvNIiInoXC

Daniel Larsen is innocent: he knows it, the three witnesses who testified at his post-conviction hearing helped prove it, and a judge exonerated him and said he should be released. But even though Daniel was declared innocent two years ago, he's still in prison -- all because the California Attorney General says he did not present his evidence of innocence quickly enough.

Daniel's fiance Christina has been waiting for him to come home so they can finally start their life together.

Christina started a petition on Change.org calling on California Attorney General Kamala Harris to release Daniel Larsen.

Christina is going to deliver her petition to California's Deputy Attorney General on Monday, and wants to be able to hand over as many signatures as possible. Click here to sign Christina's petition.

Daniel was convicted because his original defense attorney didn't call anyone to the stand to defend him. He was charged with possession of a concealed weapon, and even though there were plenty of witnesses who could back Daniel up, including a former Chief of Police, none of them were called. And because Daniel had other strikes on his record, the judge gave him a sentence of 28-years-to-life.

After being incarcerated for more than ten years, The Innocence Project heard Daniel's story. They asked the court to hear his case, and with witnesses there this time, the judge found Daniel innocent.

Christina and Daniel got engaged shortly after Daniel was exonerated, and Christina visits Daniel every Sunday. She says that her visits with Daniel are the highlight of her week.

Christina sees no reason why the Attorney General would keep an innocent man in prison because of a paperwork technicality. Click here to sign Christina's petition and ask the California Attorney General to release Daniel Larsen.

Thank you.

-- Jon and the Change.org team

Marsila
17th August 2012, 20:53
wow...definitely signing this, and passing it on!!

Nickolai
19th August 2012, 21:33
I have signed, thank you, dear Shadowstalker!

Nickolai
19th August 2012, 21:36
Just wanted to propose in the subject there would be nice to put something like: Help needed/Please sign the petition.
That would help people recognize that their help is needed.

Let this man get free soon!

Nickolai

ThePythonicCow
19th August 2012, 23:24
Just wanted to propose in the subject there would be nice to put something like: Help needed/Please sign the petition.
That would help people recognize that their help is needed.
Good idea.

I just changed the thread title.

But even though Daniel was declared innocent two years ago, he's still in prison
To:

Daniel: declared innocent two years ago, still in prison. Help requested.

bluestflame
20th August 2012, 00:32
this California Attorney General needs some jail time , innocent is innocent , there is no statute of lmitations on innocence as far as i know

Nickolai
20th August 2012, 08:39
Hey, Paul!
That's great! But don't you think that the help needed should come first. Then that would be the first thing people read.

Thanks anyway

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I wonder, why people here don't act. Alas!

meeradas
1st September 2012, 07:03
I wonder, why people here don't act.

You're a pretty quick judge here, imo.
How do you know they don't?

Referee
1st September 2012, 07:09
Done ! Wow this is BS

bluestflame
1st September 2012, 09:00
posted the link to me network will see where it goes

Robert J. Niewiadomski
1st September 2012, 10:29
This is so unjust... Think the reason why he is still in jail is money private prison corporation would loose if Daniel is freed from jail... Imagine what a loss it would be for a corporation: 28 years multiplied by $43,640 (per prisoner per year min) or $171,857(max) gives us $1,221,920 or$4,811,996 respectivelly... Wow...
Source of info from Pelican Bay prison in California (page 2, Facts - section 2): http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/COMIO/Uploadfile/pdfs/Pelican_Bay.pdf

It can't be ruled out that AG receives personal benefits from prison corporations to keep number of convicts high... Every human $oul count$ :(

BTW i've signed it :)

Arrowwind
1st September 2012, 10:44
........Done........

bluestflame
1st September 2012, 12:23
not to mention the compensation payout being wrongly convicted

Nickolai
1st September 2012, 22:05
MEERADAS,

You see, I have created the thread mentioning the thread yesterday and there was no your reply. Today I see you and others posted.
Whatever....

Nickolai