PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean to "Wake-up!"

ascendingstarseed
18th August 2010, 10:59
How do you define "wake-up" to to someone who hasn't woken up yet, many of us say it but what does it mean to wake up?

Teakai
18th August 2010, 11:08
I guess it means to make them aware as to what's really going on in the world. Waking them up to the fact that they're living in a fantasy /Truman like world driven by false mainstream media representation.

Waking them up from a dreamworld that is soon to become a nightmare if we don't all start pulling together and uniting as humans rather than separating racially, religiously or politically.

Waking up to the truth of our own being and to what's really important.

That's how I view it anyway.

frank samuel
18th August 2010, 12:03
To wake up for me means to not accept things at face value, look for the deeper meaning of things. For example media, news,politics,economics,science, medicine, technology, religion, education, learn to read between the lines. Start to put the puzzle together so you can have a clearer picture of how the world around you really functions. Remove the veil of the illusion of what society has taught us to think that reality is all about and begin to see it for what it really is, good examples to use the movie Matrix.

When talking to people about waking up is good to keep it simple depending on the level of understanding of the person in relation to the process of waking up.

The fact is as we continue discovering new things our picture of the world around us becomes clearer everyday, it is however a work in progress and those that think they have a 100 % grasp and understanding of everything that entails being fully awake and aware are only fooling themselves. Remember the human population has yet to reach its fullest potential of brain, heart, conscious, creative, spiritual, capacity. Until we do we our understanding is minimal compare to what it could be.

The adventure, wonder, imagination on the road of self discovery as we awaken beyond this 3 dimensional limited view is the main motivating factor for me every single day, open to the possibilities of what could be as we learn to reshape and remold our so called reality.

Many many blessings to all.:thumb:

bluestflame
18th August 2010, 12:09
when you start looking beyond the surface appearance , seeing more deeply into things , to the core essence , the core truth , then the illusion does not have the same capacity ot hold our attention , cos the truth can be felt , feels good , without agenda and without the fear behind it , then of course the natural latent abilities start kicking in , like seeing the colours (auras) and energies

Anchor
18th August 2010, 12:15
It is an adjustment of perspective, and an expansion in consciousness - seeing another point of view.

Very often this new perspective accompanies a very acute truthsense.

When noticed, the sensation is of remembrance and some deja-vu.

wynderer
18th August 2010, 12:25
i find it very interesting that a political awakening [to the horrors of the NWO] often leads to a spiritual awakening -- i've wondered if this is what Jesus was talking about when he said, 'You shall know the truth, & the truth will set you free'

i am always trying to wake people up when we chat -- i focus on the 'Patriot' Act, being a USA citizen & living in the USA , specifically the 'law' that states that any USAmerican citizen can be picked up & held indefinitely in detention, w/o being told why, & w/o being allowed to contact an attorney or family

spiritually, i bring up the topic of UFOs -- a surprising number of people have seen them, or know someone who has -- i consider this a lead-in to spiritual topics, because the ships are other-dimensional -- not all higher dimensional, & some are NWO-made using the technology stolen or bought & paid for by the NWO - the higher dimensional craft & beings , if they choose to or are able to disclose themselves -- this would lead to a great awakening of humans, if only that of beginning to think of themselves as inhabitants of one little planet in a vast Universe, instead of focussing on divisive religions/skin colors/political parties/economic inequalities/etc

wynderer

bluestflame
18th August 2010, 12:29
when we start to deny our inate knowing in favour of the clever external manipulations and semantics some cases outright lies , we begin to forget what the truth feels like , ever have one of them "aha" moments where you get a surge of energy and insight , so much at once ....

sometimes a question is best answered with a question, one a person needs to ask of themselves , then they begin the process of getting back in touch with thier own knowing ,

zenith
18th August 2010, 13:49
How do you define "wake-up" to to someone who hasn't woken up yet?
You love them. ;)

Fredkc
18th August 2010, 14:59
"Wake Up" - (n.) The second most over-used under/ill-defined term on the planet (2nd to TPB).

Wynderer;
I salute your sense of freedom, and your choice of topics.
Gave it a go for about 25 years myself. I now consider myself semi-retired.

"Freedom" seems to be the scariest word you can say to folk, as it requires thought and work. At the same time, no less. I've come to the conclusion that if America was truly offered the state of freedom intended by the authors of the Constitution, 75% of the people, regardless of political affiliation, would be on the next plane to somewhere else.

When you analyze most people's idea of freedom it's really safety they're defining (see: Ben Franklin). What they really mean is something like,
"I want an outside force to make sure you are held in one 'place' so I feel comfortable doing whatever the hell I want". Now that is something a politician can easily sell. And of course, when it doesn't work, the obvious answer is to mix a little fear with selling people some more. This only works because they are in fact selling safety as freedom (people react to the truth of it, while buying the lie).

This poor substitution explains the reason why, the more of it we get, the less we wind up with. It also explains why the mention of freedom makes people get nervous, and run for the cover of Government. You say "freedom" they hear, "Less safety".

Former Sen. Barry Goldwater once wrote that, when deciding his vote, he put every piece of legislation to a basic test, "How does this bill make us more free?" If the bill failed that test then he concluded it was none of the government's business, and voted No. Sadly we only have one "statesman" left in government who still conducts himself along these lines. Ron Paul at least remembers the oath he takes, every two years.

Freedom only exists when you acknowledge that same condition for yourself and others, and that comes with some adult rules. This was why the framers set up the US as a Republic. The very last thing they wanted was a Democracy. What they wanted was a declining scale of sovereignty beginning with the people, then the states, then the feddle gummint.

Our upside down condition is the direct result of a sleeping populace who refuse to "wake up", even though they know what's going on. What we are left with is defined by a statement from economist Paul Craig Roberts in 2003.
"It may be the American people are no longer educated, or interested enough to sustain a free society." This brings me to the 3rd most ill-used term, "Ascension". It begs a silly question:

Just where is it you are ascending to that somehow escapes the rule of "As above, so below"? In more mundane terms, "Wherever I go I take myself along. And that spoils everything!"

A good deal of the time, when I hear people use the word "ascension" it seems they are talking about "escape", rather than "expansion". The latter requires additional talents like acceptance, and forgiveness. Best I come up with is that it's "expansion" which Jesus, and many others spoke of.

Wake up! ;)

Fred
(now starting on his third cup of coffee)

RedeZra
18th August 2010, 15:13
wake up smell the coffee and laugh at the lies

which tries to convince you that

God is dead and your Divinity with it

Decibellistics
18th August 2010, 18:36
You have to perceive the world as it really is.....opening one's eyes and seeing the world as energy. Easier said than done. Though opening one's eyes is a metaphor for an internal awakening. I personally have always been guided by my gut. Whenever it feels like the heat in your gut occurs and feel like your intestines are being pulled on....pay attention to that. You're picking up on an energy transference.

Now for the concrete stuff.
Humans are complacent, and lazy often times....they think their time is important, and they think they are important (which they may be but don't allow this to lead to being vain.) Some people are very proud, rational, and linear minded.
Attempting to teach a human about the uglies of the world is extremely difficult, because they desperately are attempting to cling on to a form of reality which is comfortable for them...they are overindulging in a hedonistic pleasurable society that keeps the mind grounded to to the sheer convenience of the reality. The respected defintions of reality are so oversimplified that it makes it damn near impossible to refute....but considering that they don't even know whether they have Gravity correct should be a huge indicator of how ridiculously vast the universe really is.

This might be a shocker but there are a lot of people that are absolutely terrified of higher dimensional planes and the minds ability to access those places(because in reality....they can be terrifying if you don't have a guide or know what you're doing) Also they are terrified of being wrong, and don't want to look at evidence that ultimately discounts their point of view.
I genuninly don't think any human can truly teach another person to wake up unless you yourself are a shaman and that the person ultimately WANTS to wake up......they have to make an individual choice. The person has to have their rational mind ripped apart by the unknown in order to realize....oh....holy ****....there is something else out there.

There is an Indescribable Force out there. Being able to perceive is difficult because it is subtle yet at the same time it is like a 500 foot eagle flying above you.

I believe the question can go many ways...what exactly is a person waking up to....energy, the concrete real world picture, an internal realization......

Also, is there a frame of reference. Where and why do they think the way they do....I have met many humans that have absolutely no clue about either......that's tricky.....because they don't even know themselves let alone the mechanics of their Three Dimensional reality.

Ross
18th August 2010, 21:53
Waking up...realizing that 95% of everything you thought you knew to be truth is an illusion and on so many levels its almost beyond comprehension...my own experience...

Ross

ollie6986
18th August 2010, 22:04
'Waking Up'

When a person not only realises that (an aspect of) the world is far different in actuality than they had previously percieved, they wholely accept this as a reality and know it to be true in their heart irregardless of external influences.

A small flame is lit, which never goes out and only burns brighter the more knowledge, truth and wisdom is sought and gained.

I believe that once a person goes through an experience like this, something irreversibly changes within them for the better. People who are 'in the midst' of this process may stuggle and often go back and forth between acceptance/denial of truth and belief/doubt in themselves. Depending on the person, an individual often tries to think they way they used to before with very short lived success, if any.

I personally came to a point with UFO's when I said to myself "I simply cannot deny this anymore." There are literally thousands high quality day and night videos available on the internet that cannot be explained, and for me the straw that broke the camel's back was when I watched personal interviews with people like Alex Collier and Bob Dean, and watched presentations by people like Jaime Maussan. All these people tell their story with such a belief, such an emotion and such a sincerity that I could not shy way what they were saying. Shortly after graduating from university, I realised that I had finally found the 'more to the story' that I had always been looking for. I accepted it as a reality and knew it to be true in my heart, irregardless to what anyone else thought. That was my experience and for me everything has stemmed from it.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks who can relate to what I'm talking about...I found that when I went through this process, in an odd way and even though it didn't feel like it at the time, my awakening happened at exactly the right time in my life. It was just the right time for me to smarten up and start looking at the world differently. I'd bet anything that almost everybody else feels this way.

With love Ollie

Rimbaud
18th August 2010, 22:32
I personally don't like the expression, as I perceive it as being a division between those who share our beliefs as opposed to those who don't. There are many "Awake" people within this World, working for the common Good of Humanity without using such epithets such as these. There is a danger of elitism in such an expression that I personally feel could potentially become dangerous and provoke attack upon those of an alternative mindset. Even those who share our goals of a common huminity.

I just don't feel that using "Jargon" is the way ahead; however one must also allow for different interpretations of a "Word" or expression, from Country to Country...What is OK for some may not be so fine for others. This my take on the word "Awake"...I sincerely hope that I don't offend.

Rimbaud

Celine
18th August 2010, 22:41
Wake up !!!

Can you remember the moment you woke up?

The day nothing looked the same anymore?

Your family and friends wondering wtf has happened to my loved one?

That "A-ha" moment??

Oh my goodness...what a feeling that was...

i thank every circumstance...every teacher... and every whisper... that brought me to that moment, if i had not woken up... i'd be dead.

That's what it means to me...

MariaDine
18th August 2010, 22:42
I was lucky !:)

I was born in awaken family...telepathy, dejį vu, dreaming future events, etc were present...

Everybody in my family invested in academic studies because it was a way to be «grounded» and to open the doors to inner devellopement

At the same time they tried to understand more about themselves searching, connecting , learning with people that where in the «same wave lenght» , so to speak....

Yoga ...Meditation ...opened even more doors ...
......and the search continues.:plane:

Love
MD

Rimbaud
18th August 2010, 23:29
I was lucky !:)

I was born in awaken family...telepathy, dejį vu, dreaming future events, etc were present...

Everybody in my family invested in academic studies because it was a way to be «grounded» and to open the doors to inner devellopement

At the same time they tried to understand more about themselves searching, connecting , learning with people that where in the «same wave lenght» , so to speak....

Yoga ...Meditation ...opened even more doors ...
......and the search continues.:plane:

Love
MD

Thankyou Maria Dine,

My search is much as yours..God Bless my dear,

Rimbaud

Wookie
19th August 2010, 00:03
Wakefulness http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awake VS Sleep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep
Remove preconceived notions, apply context, and presto a fairly good definition of what it means to "wake up or be awake" IMHO its really that simple. I will attempt to elaborate using the above definitions however. What I mean by "remove preconceived notions, apply context" Don't think of wakefulness and sleep as physical states but in context with the thread topic. (Expressing difference as other is a personal fopa but for the sake of this post I will let myself slide) Example: people on this forum= Wakefulness, People that watch TV= sleep OR spiritually aware, truth seeking, free thinking, people= wakefulness, people that are caught in the political, economic, religious and social structure= sleep. Hopefully I have made my idea clear, I don not mean to offend. Come up with your own examples of what type of people fit in to each category that fit your ideas and beliefs. Now once you have your 2 groups of people, apply the definition of wakefulness and sleep to how said group goes about their daily lives. "Wakefulness is a daily recurring brain state in which an individual is conscious and engages in coherent cognitive and behavior responses to the external world such as communication, ambulation, nutritional ingestion and procreation." To me this relates to the way a person who is 'awake' thinks, feels, and acts in their daily life. "Being awake is the opposite of being asleep in which most external inputs to the brain are excluded from neural processing." To me this relates to going about ones day not thinking not feeling and only acting in a way that is trained. Example: Go to work, must make money to live, eat bad food, it has pretty labels and is easy, watch TV, it takes very little effort. For sleep I'm just going to change a few words mark with brackets. Sleep is a (unnaturally) occurring altered state of consciousness with relatively suspended sensory and motor activity (brought on by the political, economic, religious and social structure), characterized by the inactivity of nearly all voluntary (thoughts, feelings and actions).[1] It is distinguished from quiet wakefulness by a decreased ability (and desire) to react to stimuli, but it is more easily reversible than hibernation or coma (there is hope for every last soul)."
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Sleeping_baby_cat.jpg/300px-Sleeping_baby_cat.jpghttp://www.innocentenglish.com/cute-pictures/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/cute-kitten-playing-tag.jpg

Peacful Journeys with Love. Wookie

PS why do my posts always end up way longer than I intended?:blah::doh:

Cara
19th August 2010, 00:46
From my experience, to "wake up" implies a definite transition from accepting the world as presented by society to opening up to different possibilities. I remember being unsatisfied with the taught picture, seeing the holes, sensing that there had to be much more. There is a shift in the mind and the heart. The beginning of a new journey.

Decibellistics
19th August 2010, 04:10
HAHAHA Wookie you made my day, thank you.

Chakra
19th August 2010, 06:05
I see awakening from a few angles.
Awakening from the way most people see themselves...Learning the truth about who the are.
Awakening from the way most people see their religion...Learning the truth of how it was created.
Awakening from the way most people see their education...
Awakening from the way most people see their family relationships / marriages...
Awakening from the way most people see their role with their government and country...
Awakening from the way most people see their world.
There are all sorts of awakenings - every thing in this context is some new knowledge is gained.
For me these are also steps of growth integrating awareness of something newly learnt.

'Awakening' in my world is where the mind body and soul awakens to the reality of its true existance. The best way to describe it is if you ever recall lucid dreaming. That is becoming aware that you are in the dream state, your body is asleep, you are though now also aware-awake, you may be able to also control the events happening. But you know you are in a dream state.
You maybe aware of another part of you is also there. The asleep part and the higher conscious awake part become - briefly - one.

Now take that and apply it to this physical world - Basically you are now completely aware you are both here in the physical and 'there' with your 'higher' self in the spiritual realm. This physical realm - is the realm of the dream you have awoken in.

Sort of like the last scene of 'Inception' the top was still spinning but it also had a wee wobble.
Leaving one to suggest that there was still another level to go through and awaken from. That maybe this too was a 'dream' world.

That to me is the real meaning of the word - to 'wake up' or awaken, it means your there.

Jonathon
19th August 2010, 06:07
Waking up -- An elevation of perception leading one away from victim/separation consciousness to the path of personal responsibility and unity, whereby the individual sheds the skin of sensory reality (metaphorical death, lower 3 chakra) to be born again ('cross' over, move through the now opened heart chaka) into the spirit (metaphorical resurrection, upper 3 chakra). Herein lies the crown of sovereignty - upon which the realization of and journey to At-One-ment (of one mind) begins.

ascendingstarseed
19th August 2010, 11:45
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! Wow..what a wonderful mix of perspectives, thanks for the time out everyone took for the thoughtful replies....keep'em coming!

Fredkc - As usual I love your wisdom and insight, and you're so right it really has become an ill-defined, worn-out term. Although I disagree with you about Ron Paul, I would add Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders to the list ;)

Wookie - Great explanation...totally agree with your examples.

And Ross, your definition is most like mine. That's what waking up was for me, when I realized that most everything I knew or believed in was a lie, or an illusion. That Reality is really the Science Fiction, and SciFi is the Reality...that most everything we were taught not to believe like the paranormal, ET's and time travel were in all actuality much bigger in real life than anyone was admitting.

As I suspected "waking up" is a relative thing which has a vast myriad of meanings to which the phrase can be applied...although as Fred pointed out it's been over used and ill-defined.

ascendingstarseed
19th August 2010, 11:53
Y
I genuninly don't think any human can truly teach another person to wake up unless you yourself are a shaman and that the person ultimately WANTS to wake up......they have to make an individual choice. The person has to have their rational mind ripped apart by the unknown in order to realize....oh....holy ****....there is something else out there. There is an Indescribable Force out there.

I can't agree with you more, people wake up on their own time...when they are ready and nothing anyone in particular can say or do will make it happen. It's an epiphany that happens in it's own time.

tone3jaguar
19th August 2010, 14:59
Waking up is when you move out of one layer of the illusion into a different layer of it.

Fredkc
19th August 2010, 16:08
Fredkc - As usual I love your wisdom and insight, and you're so right it really has become an ill-defined, worn-out term. Although I disagree with you about Ron Paul, I would add Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders to the list

Gee StarSeed.... ya missed it by that much! ;)
Kucinich and Paul have been close friends for years and years.

For the people who wondered why I put a "political rant" in this thread;
Yes, our political situation has been very particular with me for a good part of my life. But the notion of personal freedom ranks rather high. Sublimating tyranny is no way to begin a journey. Rather, you start each journey from where you are, and with what you have.

To miss that... well, it's how people like the Falon Ghong become the "Fallen, Gone".
Fred

PS: Just so you know... re. Sanders... I am allergic to socialist of almost any persuasion. All socialist "high ideals" begin their recipe with:
"First, steal a rabbit..." ;)