PDA

View Full Version : It's a Trap: The Fallacy of American Politics.

Humble Janitor
20th August 2010, 08:30
I see plenty of posts on sites like this, ATS and GLP that often feature people complaining about the current crop of politicians in the U.S government. Lots of venom towards Obama, Harry Reid and even Barney Frank as always. They're not alone as politicians on the other side of the aisle are also under fire.

What I don't understand is, how would electing a different crop of politicians change things? What would Americans gain from electing someone like Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich? What would be the gain from voting Democrat again?

I just had to share my thoughts here. I am prepared to give up voting altogether because the kinds of problems we in the U.S face are not going to be "fixed" by any politician, past or present.

THEY'RE ALL ONE AND THE SAME, WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN...

sjkted
20th August 2010, 08:48
I see plenty of posts on sites like this, ATS and GLP that often feature people complaining about the current crop of politicians in the U.S government. Lots of venom towards Obama, Harry Reid and even Barney Frank as always. They're not alone as politicians on the other side of the aisle are also under fire.

What I don't understand is, how would electing a different crop of politicians change things? What would Americans gain from electing someone like Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich? What would be the gain from voting Democrat again?

I just had to share my thoughts here. I am prepared to give up voting altogether because the kinds of problems we in the U.S face are not going to be "fixed" by any politician, past or present.

THEY'RE ALL ONE AND THE SAME, WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN...

Good for you. It's a lesson we all need to learn sooner or later. Voting is giving your energy and your power away to some "representative" who will really just represent him/herself to establish and maintain a power position.

The only practical solution I see is massive decentralization. We can have good government and honest leaders. We just can't give any of these agencies or organization so much power that they can abuse it, because sooner or later, all of them will do it. I've read a lot on the infiltration tactics used to get into organizations and I don't see any way a "good" organization, be it a government agency or a non-profit can stay that way as they get bigger.

I've always told people the world would be a better place if voting day came around and nobody showed up. It sends a message -- that we don't want what they're offering. And, it also keeps a space for people to maintain control over themselves and their own communities.

--sjkted

Humble Janitor
20th August 2010, 12:13
I also tend to think that some Americans have selective amnesia or perhaps part of their memory of the past 8 years has gone missing. It's funny how the guy currently in place has to take the blame for something his predecessor started. At least some troops are coming home.

We really need to stop worrying about birth certificates and mosques and borders and pay attention to what's going on while we're wasting valuable energy on that crap.