PDA

View Full Version : Language as Magic

Reaver
29th August 2012, 02:08
Language is one of my main interests and I do think Language should be studied, not just written or spoken language, there is also emotional language, symbolic language, body language, etc. so please, do have this present in your mind while you read my post.

I can't stress enough the importance of getting into touch with language, getting to know its impact on consciousness is vital, for knowing language can help you develop immunity towards mad forces: bullies, psychopaths, con artists... even the grand schemes on TPTB, not only that but language can also empower yourself or your Self. It is as scientific as it is magical, it can uplift your spirit or it can make you a slave. "Know them by their words".

In this current plane or layer of existence, language seems to be almost intrinsic to our very being, different sounds put together as to have meaning, from the warrior's war cry leading his companions into battle, to the sublime poems by Khalil Gibran... from the simple beat of drums to the "classical" masterpieces. It allows us to have common understanding, it allows us to share deep thoughts, it can be a means to carry out your will. A blacksmith uses hammer and anvil to shape his visions into stunning armor, a wordsmith uses language to shape reality.

Sometimes language seems to reasonate with some intuitive understanding, other times it reasonates with toxic programming. Some words seem to be more magical, mystifying, triggering reactions within us almost instantly: Wonder, fear, compassion, love, doubt, suspicion, anger, anxiety, calmness, hope, happiness. Have you noticed the effect those words I used as an example have on you?, what effect would they have if I were to read them aloud for you? what effect would cause if I were to speak them while giving "Wonder" a tone of wonder, "Compassion" a tone of compassion, "Anxiety" an axious tone... you get the idea.

In ancient times those who were masters of language were both respected and feared, I sense a master of language could shape the minds of people... a master of language with enough will could build an empire, it doesn't have to be a geographical empire, ideological empires exist too, sometimes those ideological empires have gone out to conquer lands and enslave people. A master of language could send echoes which defy time barriers and burn deep into some people as to raise their consciousness, their awareness.

Sadly, this power has been lost to most of humanity, in part due to a psychopathic empire of death, in part due to people's ignorance or stupidity. The Empire has known that language is capable of making millions bow before a few, it is capable of toppling empires, capable of winning allies, capable of uncovering riches... aye, the empire has known the power of language for millennia at least and it doesn't want you to use the power of language.

In the Lord of the Rings film -The Two Towers to be precise- there's a scene where Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli enter into the Fangorn Forest to look for Merry and Pippin. At some point they think Saruman is closing on them and Aragorn says: "Do not let him speak, he will put a spell on us". With all the power Saruman possesses... his mastery of language is what the three heroes fear the most, his incantations which will let him take over their minds.

Saruman the master of grimoires, of spelling, books of spells, spelling is part of grammar. Have a good look at the following video:

OqlnSi9KNs4

(See I think Alan Moore is -at the very least- an expert in some of the different expressions of language.)

Indeed, the architects of the dreamscape, as Jim Keith pointed out:

Here stands the New Man, his mind and body stolen from him, his soul reduced to the impulses of the animal he thinks he is. His conception of reality is a dance of electronic images fired into his forebrain, a gossamer construction of his masters, designed so that he will not under any circumstances perceive the actual. His happiness is delivered to him through a tube or an electronic connection. His God lurks behind an electronic curtain; when the curtain is pulled away we find the CIA sorcerer, the media manipulator, the cyberneticist, the weaver of the Dreamscape.

So you can see the empire knows language can send electronic impulses to people's brain, this is a more methodological form of sorcery... the use of symbolic language to rape your very consciousness. You are being pulled into an energetic field which the incantations of sorcerers have created:

There are different variants and degrees to this, usually it's given some mysterious aura, but it's quite simple once you start to explore it.

Think about mass mind control, people rallying behind a political figure... I'll use Obama as an example. The guy has charisma and a way with words, combined they can be very powerful because he can tap into the minds and emotions of the common folk, he will use and repeat key words to put people in trance... this is his incantation: "Yes we can", at first it would seem nothing more than a political slogan, but if you study psychology for a while (no, you don't need to spend 4 years in some university) you find this little mantra does have power. It targets the expectations of people (hope), it makes them feel ok about a toxic hive mind (we can, we can).

SsV2O4fCgjk

What follows after this whole process is the submission of people's minds and self-responsibility, now Obama is in charge, he's become the daddy figure. You can see this same dynamic in organized religions, see catholicism for instance... the priest will give the people an incantation to repeat, say "Our Father"... people repeat this trought their life without giving it any thought, they have surrendered their minds to this symbol of god and guess who controls the symbol? well the ones who are in charge of infecting the world with catholicism.

There are more things which are connected with this, I only gave a narrowed view for practical purposes... for example if you attend to a catholic mass you can see there is a special tone of voice for these incantations, the architecture in temples is specific for it amplifies the voice of the priest and gives it a mystifying aura, repetition is a key element. I'm sure you can see this mind control going on at a catholic mass. In ancient times, some people would call this brainwashing "sorcery" it was a magical term, nowadays there is a more scientific term "mass psychology" or "mass mind control". I like to work with both magical and scientific terms.

AATEQuQ8nwA

Masses are very ritualistic and magical, in this particular video the priest not only spells phrases, but he goes as far as to sing the spell. This is done because musical language can bypass the logical Self more easily, it is very emotional too so the audience has been hooked. This is done to put you down, to numb your rebellious spirit.

Or you can use language in a passionate and poetic fashion, to raise consciousness, just like Bruce Lee did:

nIX3p-1tOik

Or even to encourage people to think:

fD7D-Nkfw-8

vortexpoint
29th August 2012, 02:36
Good post. I remember seeing an Alan Moore interview few years back in which he makes difference between magician ( or was it wizard?) and a bard. He said that usually magicians might have only short lived effect compared to bards. If a bard would write an insulting song, poem or any play of words, if it is cleaver and catchy enough, it can destroy a person. Not only will the person be a laughing stock for a long time, even the generations hundred years later might laugh at his expense.

It would also be interesting to ponder the use of memes in magic. I think magical memes usually are usually connected to chaos magic. When you surf in the internet "humour" pages, you quickly notice that people are nuts for memes. I guess they don't have too much imagination. Oh yes, it's not called i-magic-nation for nothing ;) It's interesting topic for sure but I'm already in hurry.

"Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." - V for Vendetta

seko
29th August 2012, 02:47
Excellent thread Reaver, very good examples.

Know them by their words. It's the best example of knowing who is who and what do they want?!.

Welcome to P.Avalon

Saludos!

Mitm
29th August 2012, 03:05
Bards are mentioned a great deal in the Ringing Cedars Series, as is the science of Imagery, which is basically 'dreaming a vision', have everyone believe in that vision and it is manifested.. This was done in ancient times, through Song.. .

centreoflight
29th August 2012, 23:48
Beloved Reaver,
I have sent an invitation to the Star Children Group. I would very much like to encourage you to put this thread in that group.

Namaste'
George, Centreoflight

Reaver
30th August 2012, 01:08
Centreoflight, I'll be brutally honest with you: I'm not interested in anything regarding Star, Indigo or whatever fancy name people like to use these days, I'm well beyond such phase and I'm not planning on getting stuck there again. My interest resides within humanity in all its grandiosity and monstrosity so I rejected the invitation, but you are welcome to post my opening thread in your group, even the whole thread if you like.

CD7
30th August 2012, 02:09
:cantina: language/words seem primitive, a sort of cackling, smacking, repetition of phrases...from what i hear in my world wouldnt appear to have any power over anything ASIDE from a migraine!

consciousness clear in without the sound of biological vocal chords would seem to have much more weight then any incantation spoken from tongues...

Hey, but this is my perspective, i like to study/observe language too its very fascinating---it seems to be more of a web..the more one uses words, the more tangled/contrived the thought becomes...so in a sense, we do the incantations ourselves just by speeling our speal! Lol Vibration (which doesnt necessarily have to come from words) hold great power

centreoflight
30th August 2012, 09:06
Centreoflight, I'll be brutally honest with you: I'm not interested in anything regarding Star, Indigo or whatever fancy name people like to use these days, I'm well beyond such phase and I'm not planning on getting stuck there again. My interest resides within humanity in all its grandiosity and monstrosity so I rejected the invitation, but you are welcome to post my opening thread in your group, even the whole thread if you like.

Beloved Reaver,
I love your honesty. At present I feel very good with that label, we never know what the future brings.
Gratefully I accept your offer and copy and past your thread in the group and I am also very grateful to have met you.

Namaste'
George

GarethBKK
30th August 2012, 09:51
Interesting post, Reaver, thank you. I wonder if you have also looked into the claims from cymatics that vowel sounds create resonance? E.g. The vowel 'A' in sand:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci_cym3.gif

modwiz
30th August 2012, 10:23
Reaver, thanks for an excellent thread and introducing me to Alan Moore. Interesting fellow with a some good ideas to share.

Rantaak
30th August 2012, 23:47
My thoughts on language: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?45642-On-Spoken-Language

It is the greatest form of neurosis and one of the greatest forms of art.

Reaver
31st August 2012, 22:03
Interesting post, Reaver, thank you. I wonder if you have also looked into the claims from cymatics that vowel sounds create resonance? E.g. The vowel 'A' in sand:
I think I came across those claims at some point, even at claims which state that humans used to have languages which had harmonic vibrations with healing capabilities, but I didn't get too much into it so I can only speculate without having solid claims in the matter. I suspect some accounts can be a romance while others have a strong degree of truth in them.

Reaver, thanks for an excellent thread and introducing me to Alan Moore. Interesting fellow with a some good ideas to share.
Yeah the guy has a really fascinating approach to magick, I bet you'll like his sense of humour a lot. A very intelligent guy who doesn't like to prostitute his art. I can point ya to some fascinating videos ;)

It is the greatest form of neurosis and one of the greatest forms of art.
Indeed... although I'd go deeper into the matter and try to find out how it can be perverted and be an expression of neurosis and how it can be nourished as a tool for empowerment. May as well write a post on that once I shake out my laziness and arrange my thoughts on the matter properly.